[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the most important character to the fans now? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
Is he the most important character to the fans now?

What's going to happen if GoH turns out to be a huge success?
>>
>>27404692
I doubt he play a major role in either GoH or the movie. He will always be just a sidekick of Twilight.
>>
>>27404692
He was bland and boring in that episode.
>>
>>27404708
He is the star character of GoH and as sidekick to Twilight he tends to do more in adventure plots than nearly anyone else.
>>
>>27404708
McCarthy is going to write the movie. If it is anything like her previous works Twilight and Spike are going to take center stage.
>>
>>27404692
Yes. And a spin-off series
>>
>>27404708
>He will always be just a slave of Twilight.
FTFY
>>
>>27404692
I legitimately don't get why /mlp/ loves Spike so much. He's a shit character and no amount of success fanfiction-tier writing will make him any less irritating.
>>
>>27404807
It isn't just /mlp/. EQD is like this, MLPforums is like this, Derpibooru is like this, PonyChan is like this.

The entire fandom is making Gauntlet of Fire overrated because it was Spike's best solo outing.
>>
>>27404818
Spikefaggotry, at least here, started waaay before GoF was a thing. I think fabricated outrage over Princess Spike is to blame.
>>
>>27404828
Nah, even staff actually hate that episode. But a lot of his popularity is in fact the result of people memeing about how "bad" he was over the years. People shitposting about him inadvertently made him one of the most popular characters among adult fans.
>>
>>27404828
It was here before Gauntlet of Fire. His hate was blown out of proportion that then it seemed that people wanted to route for the underdog of the series.

It is not bad, but we now have a character that has quickly become the fandom's love child and is easily the one that people rage or praise the most. If anything he is now the Ensemble Darkhorse.
>>
>>27404818
>>27404828
Don't know why Spikefags overrate GoF anyways. The only good thing about it was Spike didn't fuck up, but there are other episodes where he doesn't fuck up, and no one mentions those.
>>
>>27404856
I mention Inspiration Manifestation lots of times.
>>
>>27404890
Yeah, that one was okay.
>>
>>27404692
The Russian leak (which was taken down by Hasbro) spoiled a still wingless, still wimpy Spike.

His role during the movie will be the comic relief and expository device to make twilight look even more special.
>>
>>27405061
Technically he could be hiding wings or get them in the movie if Hasbro needs another toy.
>>
>>27404692
Is GoH a spinoff series?
>>
>>27405108
Probably more like a movie.
>>
>>27405108
As it has been explained endless times, GoH is nothing but another set of toys, w/o any impact on the series.
The toyline will get a small comic series (included with every toy) to explain a bit what the toyline is about, but that's it.

Tl;dr: No badass Spike for FiM, period.
>>
>>27405224
How many times do people need to explain what a service mark is? It wouldn't need a separate one were it just in FiM.
>>
>>27404890
But he fucked up in that one by giving Rarity the book in the first place. I mean yes he did fix it in the end, but just like with Secret of My Excess(which imho is his best episode, no I don't care about Sparity) The entire problem was cause by him. The only difference between these two and his other he fucked up episode, is that they weren't bad.
>>
what the fuck is goh
>>
>>27406225
Guardians of Harmony. New toyline and maybe new movie/series.
>>
>>27406243
oh okay thanks senpai
>>
>>27405061
Meghan McCarthy is writing it. He won't be a joke.
>>
>>27404692
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.