[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which episodes shouldn't be considered canon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
Which episodes shouldn't be considered canon?
>>
>>27399345
Nyx Returns Part 2
>>
>>27399345
Everything past Season 2.
>>
>>27399345
None of them.
>>
>>27399363
this nigga gets it
>>
All of them with Starlight
>>
>>27399345
Everything after the pilot.
>>
Nothing after the first .2 seconds of S01E01 is canon
>>
File: 39572474267.jpg (14 KB, 260x326) Image search: [Google]
39572474267.jpg
14 KB, 260x326
>>27399345
considered canon by whom? anyone can consider them whatever they want, it wont change the fact theyre canon.
>>
File: 1398290429628.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1398290429628.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>People actually think FiM is canon
>>
>>27399345
Anything after S1
>>
>>27399486
What Lunalicious up here said.
>>
>>27399345
Everything after Generation 1. FIM is no different to Generation 3 and is literally filled with memes.
>>
>>27399345

The whole G4
>>
>>27399486
by public in general I mean, Or at least for those who care for the good progression of the show
>>
>>27399552
ikr
>>
Princess Spike
Somepony To Watch Over Me
Apploosa's Most Wanted
>>
>>27399844
Fuck the idiots who hate on StWOM so hard just to fit in, without any good reason. There's plenty to like about the episode if you make any attempt to like it, even if AJ was an idiot.
>>
>>27399486
I wonder what happened to that guy?
>>
>>27400044
he succumbed to luna's delicious juices and ascended to the stars
>>
SLICE OF LIFE
L
I
C
E

O
F

L
I
F
E

(seriously, I dont think anything the fanbase could do would give me more cancer than that episode did)
>>
>>27400087
your post did. well done.
>>
>>27400087
Is slice of life canon? I thought the staff confirmed it wasn't.
>>
>>27400136
>any episode
>noncanon
kek
>>
>>27400136
It's firmly in the realm of 'who gives a shit? Nothing changes.' Seriously, when was the last time content creators in this fandom gave two fucks about canon? The show pretty much thrives off of its mutability.
>>
>>27399345
Princess spike
Mare-Do-Well
A Heart's Warming Tale they needed to do it during december or november
Slice Of Life i like it, but i admit it was just memes:the episode
Winter Wrap Up i love the song, but i feel the happy ending was forced
Spike at your Service
Magical Mistery Cure needed to be a 3-part at least
Trade Ya! felt like the filler of a filler
Tanks for the Memories if you need to explain death, do it with someone really dead
>>
File: mmdw.png (776 KB, 600x1212) Image search: [Google]
mmdw.png
776 KB, 600x1212
>>27400236
Mare-Do-Well did nothing wrong. It accurately prepares girls for dealing with each other after puberty.
>>
>>27399345
Every episode is canon, you autists.

Now EQG on the other hand...
>>
>>27399345
Slice of Life.
>>
>>27400386
The writers have said it's canon but the fandom has yet to accept it.
>>
This isn't anime, retards. There's no manga to decide what's canon and what's not, so it's all canon until proven otherwise.
>>
>>27399345

We call those "the comics" here, OP.
>>
File: 1448946842416.png (170 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
1448946842416.png
170 KB, 500x296
>>27400386
nice meme
>>
>>27400471
Shitty episodes aren't canon
>>
>>27400490
Degenerate duty, starlight.
>>
>>27399345
the 2nd episode of season 1 . yes the part 2 of the pilot episode.
now now lower your forks and torches and listen up
That episode did most of the damage.
I mean look at what it did :
- elements of harmony being represented by ponies instead of artifacts.
- immortal god princess.
- Redeemed villain after taking 1 blast. and she was all forgiven for causing all the trouble.. which became a trend in the show.
a pony/dragon wreck havoc upon the inhabitant . and yet they go Scot free
-Useless princes Celestia .
- Shadow bolts ?
- everfree forest plot device. at first it was dangerous place that no one in ponyville dare to wonder there alone ,,, then later apple bloom go meet zecora alone.. and no one bats an eye.

Let's go to what if scenario.
Nightmare moon did not show up . and was still imprisoned in the moon. what would happen ?

Twilight would still be a friend with the other mane 6 . but it wouldn't have happen that fast.
There was a discussion few weeks ago in different thread,
is twilight and Rarity really friends ?
cause it seems that rarity only befriended Twilight , cause she was from Canterlot. and she in more than one occasion benefited from twilight's friendship more than the rest .

Got a ticket to the gala - Got a room in Cantorlot palace (and cause of that) she managed to open her store there. - used twilight to promote one of her dresses.
What did twilight gained from rarity ?
Dresses...
If episode 2 did not exists , we would have an episode showing how twilight and rarity became friends. and many other episodes like that..

another point if that episode didn't exist. We wouldn't have known that Celestia lived for more than 1000 years. and so on ....
>>
>>27400386
Flash has appeared in FiM.
>>
>>27400136
they continue to tap the established characterizations so probably
>>
it's canon if mom said so
>>
File: canon.png (568 KB, 1022x920) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
568 KB, 1022x920
>>27399345
EVERYTHING IS CANON

Except for the comics
>>
>>27401973
nothing proves that FiM's pony flash and EQG's pony Flash are the same character, as far as we know FiM's pony Flash would exist as his own thing while the EQG world and its events never happened

adding to that we consider the fact that he never returned, that he was only there to advertise the movie and that his interactions with Twilight or any other character in the show were too limited to imply any conections to what happened at the end of the first movie (in other words, Twilight didn't recognized or gave a fuck about the guy she was supposed to have a crush on)
>>
>>27400044

he's with luna now
>>
>>27401988
He could be fucking your Twifu right now.
>>
>>27399345
The pilot.
>>
>>27401999
i could be fucking your mom right now
>>
>>27399345
None. Just because you don't like the canon doesn't mean it isn't the canon. Jesus, what kind of sperg thinks they can pick and choose from episodes they like to make the canon?
>>
>>27399345
Anything before Season three is objectively not canon
>>
>>27400381
>implying talking to Dash would have accomplished fuck all
Have you actually watched a single episode with Dash other than that one?
>>
>>27399932
good reasons to hate StWOM:
>the cmc's plan to trick AJ
>the non existant song
>the shit sister over my shoulder joke
>not enough big mac
>AJ is stupid, annoying, and retarded
>dogshit pacing (the slowest episode in the series)
>worst moral and worst told moral
>almost ruining applejack forever (the straight mare shouldn't go insane)
>almost as forgettable as Family Appreciation Day
tell me a good reason not to concider it the worst episode of the show, if it at least wasn't slow paced, unfunny, and with all the characters being out of character idk what to like about it.
>>
>>27399345
Canterlot Wedding and everything onward
>>
>>27399477
This
>>
The series began with a book opening and Celestia reading it, the whole thing is just a fairy tail. Celestia is the only pony we know for sure is real.
>>
File: 1463006542876.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463006542876.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
Everything after Ticket Master and every post above this one.
>>
>>27399363
I wouldn't even count the finale of S2 tbqh
>>
File: 1451231809100.jpg (198 KB, 807x362) Image search: [Google]
1451231809100.jpg
198 KB, 807x362
>>27402122
>Tfw at the end of the series, she closes the book at the very end, and it turns out she was reading to an entirely different pony or her sister
>tfw the M6 were never real and were just a part of a grand fairy tale.
>>
>>27400236
I'm really tired of hearing people bitch about last week's episode not airing around christmas.

Even if it was literally the final episode of the season (which is impossible because that is the finale) it would be airing in october, which is no more appropriate for christmas than May.

That said, I will say that I think that rather than doing Hearthswarming/Christmas episodes DURING the season I would prefer if Hasbro would spring for an extra episode each year in the form of a Christmas Special.

Tons of shows do this, have a special episode that's outside of the normal airing schedule specifically for Christmas and it would be nice if FiM could do that too.
>>
>>27402168
Found the shill
>>
>>27402197
epik
>>
Crusaders of the Lost Mark
>>
>>27399345
Mysterious Mare Do Well.
>>
>>27402064
>>almost ruining applejack forever (the straight mare shouldn't go insane)
What the fuck is Applebuck Season?
>>
>>27402323
*shouldn't go insane over something retarded
>>
>>27402323
applejack takes pride in her work ethic, she tried to do all the chores and tried to win money for the city, but going insane over her sister wasn't canon!
>>
>>27400236
>they needed to do it during december or november
The show staff doesn't decide when episodes get aired. I'm sure they'll re-air it lots of times around Christmas.
>>
>>27402364
The silliest Applejack moment in my opinion was that episode where she keeps lying the whole time because she didn't have money (muh honesty)
I think it was called Over a Barrel
>>
>>27399363
Second post best post
>>
>being so thoroughly invested in escapism that you have to subject the content of a cartoon to an ineffectual bureaucracy just so you can cope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQbQtQu_uOI
>>
>>27402838
What are you even doing here?
>>
File: bottom blasted, darling.png (1 MB, 1536x863) Image search: [Google]
bottom blasted, darling.png
1 MB, 1536x863
>>27402838
Why don't you zozzle back to bee, junior.
>>
Nothing is cannon, I talking seriously, all the episodes without season premiere and season conclusions, aren't cannon, but nobody get yet
>>
>>27402593
This. Now that's a dumb shit episode. The worst part is that everyone acted like Applejack's terribly selfish and stupid behavior was justified or made any logical sense. Don't see anyone hating on that one, though.

>>27402064
I'll start by agreeing fully that the few attempts at humor were severely lame. I hardly ever find My Little Pony funny, anyway, though.

I can tell by that "forgettable" comment that you have no appreciation for Apple Bloom, but she, the main character, was not OOC or poorly characterized at all. In fact, she was written so well and likable that it's what made her my favorite crusader.

The entire first act, up to when Applejack arrived back home, was adorable and comfy as fuck. Just those first six minutes should save it from being the worst episode, if you don't have some irrational hatred of AB.

That "slow pacing" nonsense isn't an actual argument, considering that it's primarily a slice of life episode about development for AB, wrapping up the arc introduced in Bridle Gossip. Being exciting and unpredictable wasn't the intent until that stupid monster showed up.

I understand that it's easy to shallowly interpret the conclusion as just Applejack rewarding AB for getting there herself if you don't care about the characters or their feelings, but it's more than that. Along with AB proving that she's not totally hopeless, the situation made AJ realized just how suffocating and unfair she was being towards her sister, who is more than just a useless child. Hell, she gets punished for the running away like an idiot thing. That's not what the praising was about. I hope you understand the difference and what I'm saying. Like I said, it was obviously a conclusion to the Bridle Gossip thing and an important addition to Apple Bloom's development. If you say it was pointless, you're an idiot for discounting a main character and her depth just because you don't find her interesting.
>>
>>27403547

Yeah man because wanting to be independent is such a huge part of Apple Bloom's character and

oh wait it's just contrived shit for when that boring fucking episode needed a plot

guess it's really a worthless episode since it's not fun and it doesn't have history background.
>>
>>27403585
Even if that conflict didn't exist before the episode, which it obviously did, how would that be a bad thing? People are always complaining that AB doesn't have enough to her, so giving her more to worry and think about should be a good thing for those people, shouldn't it? There's all that ignorant bitching that "she only cares about cutie marks!", then when something else is expanded on, you morons scream that it's "contrived"? Give me a fucking break.

Like I said, I found plenty to be enjoyable and fun in the episode. If you hate her so much that seeing her run around the house excited about being home alone and being adorable was infuriatingly boring to you, that's your problem. Don't act like nothing happened in it and it was objectively pointless, though.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.