[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vampony CYOA #21
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1
File: VampOP21.png (64 KB, 957x1151) Image search: [Google]
VampOP21.png
64 KB, 957x1151
Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/vampony/
Player Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CmvuNPhx2qKfOgB8Yze97VohAdWfaPMi3ZgQVNWr4eM/edit?usp=sharing
You are Mango, a Batpony from a small town near Las Pegasus turned vampire by Fierce Fang. After refusing an offer to join him, Mango later fled Las Pegasus to avoid a bounty.
After arriving at Ponyville, Mango revealed her secret to Zecora, who would tell Twilight. The princess then blackmailed Mango into investigating a group of Vampires in Canterlot.
The group of Vampires called themselves the "Council." They were mostly concerned about keeping up a facade that benefits their current lifestyle and dealing with the recent threat that Fang posed to their interests.
The meetings end with one of the members badly hurt, supposedly by Fang's goons. Fearing that the member was told about Mango's deal with Twilight, Mango confessed to June Bug, one of the members Mango had developed a friendship with.
Back in Ponyville, Twilight was disgruntled about Mango blowing her cover, but was glad to get some new info.
Mango went back to the Castle, trying to learn how to use clouds. She later went into the forest for a shower to only to run into a wolf couple that was being attacked by timberwolves.
After helping them as best she could Mango ran into a fellow guild member, Crimson Sash. She accompanied Mango after some discussion and a lot of lying to her mother.
Then you two fell into a trapped dungeon beneath the Castle.
Last thread you escaped with just one major wound, finally reunited the wolves, and searched for a place to sell some of the various knick knacks you've been hauling around.
One of which happened to be carrying a little smokey spirit pony, who calls herself a Djinn.

Currently, Mango is waiting outside the castle, refusing to deal with Twilight's hypocritical bullshit, while Crimson is inside telling the Princess what she knows, while also trying to sell off some of the trinkets.
>>
"I think you just pop the top off..."
>Twilight uses her magic to tug on it, and in her effort, the top get's turned 90 degrees, which again summons the little pony made of smoke.
>"Ah, thanks for letting me... wait, who are you?"
>"I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle, of Equestria."
>"I'm in Equestria! Dang... Have you seen that batpony? How long has it been since she had the lamp? Time flows.. oddly within that prison."
>"Just a few minutes, I think."
"You are still offering a wish if we help you, right?"
>"Yes, of course. Just one though, and it has to be something within my power."
>Twilight, puzzles over the little smokey figure. "And how exactly do we help you?"
>The Djinn shrugs. "I don't know how that wizard imprisoned my, but please, let me out if you can. You don't know what it's like to be cooped up in here when you used to be so free."

>You wish you could give the little Djinn a hug, but it's current form seems to flow around any attempt to touch it.
"I thought you were already out?"
>"No! I can project this humble illusion out of the lamp, but I am still very much inside it."
"And we can't just smash it?"
>Twilight raises the Lamp to her face and reads. "If the imprisoned spirit within is close to escape, we beseech you to cast this lamp upon the stone, that it might shatter, ending the spirit within as well."
>"So, uh, no, that wouldn't be a good idea."

"Well, what do you want us to do?"
>The Djinn looks downcast. "I do not know. I know that the saddle arabians used a great and ancient staff when they imprisoned me. I think the staff might be the key to my freedom as well."

>Twilight gives the Djinn a smile, but you can tell it's not exactly sincere.
>"So, Mrs. Djinn, why exactly were you imprisoned?"
>"I told the batpony. A local noble was upset with me, and had a wizard surprise me while I rested. I do not know what my transgressions were, but I am going mad in this tiny cell. Please have mercy, Princess."
>input action
>>
Reminder that you're playing Crim while in the castle at the moment.
>>
>>27390426
How do you free a Djinn Twilight?
>>
>>27390550
"Do you know how to free her, Princess?"
>"No, though I suspect that the key to doing so is within that staff she mentioned."
>"By the way, miss Djinn, do you have a name?"
>"You may call me Makir bint Odessa"
"Well, do you know anything about the staff?"
>The djinn shakes her head. "No, I recall it having the head of a serpent, but I had never seen it before I was captured."
>Twilight sets the lamp down and gestures you into an adjacent room.
>She cranes her neck to ensure the smokey little pony doesn't follow. She attempts too, but seems leashed to the lamp, and cannot go far from it.
>"Crimson, right? You should be VERY careful around this djinn. The lamp is heavily cursed to prevent its escape, and from the storied I've heard of loose Djinn, it's for the best."
>"They are nasty evil spirits, and noted tricksters. Just leave it to it's fate. I'll give you 250 bits, and I'll take all of this junk off your hooves, ok?"
>>
>>27391107
Do you know what happens when you free a Djinn? Does it just fly around and do evil things?
>>
>>27391443
"So, what, it just flies around and does evil? Seems kinda odd..."
>"I don't really know what they do, Crimson, I've never met one before."
"So really, you're just assuming this one is evil?"
>"I.. Every thing I've ever read about them says they're bad news. They destroy crops, cause sandstorms, droughts, famine. They use dark magic and deceit to torment Saddle Arabians in every story they're in. Sometimes the Arabians can ally with one Djinn to take out a more powerful one, but those stories are rare, and half of them end with the 'good' Djinn betraying the Arabians."
>input response
>>
>>27391974
We can't just assume they're all evil. I mean, look at Mango, all the books say Vampires are evil and out to suck your blood, but Mango isn't like that.
>>
>>27392064
"Well, books say that Vampires are all evil too, but look at Mango. She's been a good friend to me."
>Twilight looks like she's struggling a bit to respond. Like the ideas are there, but the words don't flow. You know that exact feeling fairly well.
>"Mango is... young. Exceptionally young for a Vampire. She can't really be compared with most of her kin, and I fear that in time she's going to become more and more like the Vampires you've read about."
>She sighs. "You and I know the pony that Mango was... and is. But that Mango won't last very long compared to her new instincts. It's, unfortunately, just a matter of time before they overwhelm her. It will take years, decades maybe...you're probably not in any danger yet. But Mango is a time bomb."

>"This Djinn is old, it's probably mad from being captured, and it's another bomb that I simply cannot allow to go off. I can't force you to give it to me, but please, do the right thing."
>input response
>>
>>27392157
I'm inclined to believe Twilight about the Djinn.
Not about Mango.

Could you go 350 on the lamp?
>>
>>27392321
But I want to keep the Djinn, we can use the wish as Mango to repair the castle we are living in.
>>
>>27392335
That's assuming we'll even get the wish.
>>
>>27392321
>>27392335
"You give me 350-"
>"No, I think 250 bits is more than generous."
>You scrunch as she shuts down your attempt at haggling...
"Well, then I'm not sure. Really, the lamp is Mango's, and I'm pretty sure she wanted to try and help the Djinn."
>"I'm not even sure how you'd do that. If what she said about the Serpent Staff is true, then there's no way you could get it. It's been under the tightest security in Equestria for over 200 years. Canterlot's Museum of Magical Mysteries doesn't let anypony anywhere near their artifacts. Not without royal approval at least."
>>
>>27392647
I dunno. I think Mango would be pretty upset if I just sold it without talking to her.
>>
>>27392647
Really, I still think we should sell it.
>>
>>27393031
I dunno she tells spooky tales but is the djinn really that bad
It's supposed to make one of our wishes come true
>>
>>27392754
>>27393031
>While you do think that Twilight might be right about the Djinn, you decide not to sell it
>At least not yet. You'll broach the subject with Mango.
>Twilight walks back into the other room, with the Djinn, who seems to be waiting rather impatiently.
>"Do you two care to tell me exactly why I wasn't invited to converse? I feel like you might have been discussing things particularly relevant to me."
>input response
>>
>>27390361
>You are Mango, a batpony
>You are a bloodsucking murderer who is best friends with the Mane 6
It's every autist's wet dream to have a special OC like that.
Reminder that batfags shoved their autistic batmemes into this CYOA and rigged the strawpoll before the CYOA even started.
>>
oh dear me
>>
>>27395696
>best friends with the Mane 6

lel
>>
>>27394784
It's best we DON'T tell her what we've been discussing as she might not like that too much,and then there goes out wish boom like that.
So no we weren't.
>>
>>27394784
Tell mango the truth. We want her to do the same so we should too.
>>
>>27396934
We're talking to the Djinn, not mango.
>>
>>27396948
Oops, sorry misread.
>>
>>27396372
>then there goes out wish boom
Yeah, I don't want to lose the trust of the Genie lets keep it on the DL...even if it dos make us a liar...
>>
>>27396372
>>27397030
>>27396948
>You quickly come up with a lie
"We, uh, we were actually talking about the batpony..."
>Twilight puts on an awfully obvious grin, making you cringe.
>Luckily the Djinn seems to believe you.
>"Ah, I assume about her 'condition'? I can tell that she's not quite alive. Is that your doing, Princess? I've never heard of Royalty associating with necromancy before."
>"N-no!" Twilight stammers, "I'm trying to help her, actually. She didn't choose what she became, and I don't hold that against her."
>"Interesting, and noted. I hope you extend the same mercy to me as you have that poor creature sitting outside in the dark."
>"H-hey! I said she could come in IF she apologized for..." The purple princess catches herself, "Look, Makir, that's really none of your business."
>"Now, did Mango have anything else for me? Or are you done here?"
>>
>>27397633
Yes. Give twilight a quick glare.
She's obviously not what she seems either.

And don't call Mango a creature whatever your name is.
>>
high fives for everypony!
>>
>>27397704
"Yeah, I think we're done, Princess."
>You shoot her a quick glare probably too quick for her to notice. You're kinda glad. You don't want the princess to think bad about you.
>You almost object to the Djinn's use of 'creature', but you're pretty sure she was being sarcastic.
>You think she was just protesting how Twilight was treating Mango.
"Come on, uh, whatever your name is..."
======
>You're Mango, and you're bored out of your mind.
>You don't know why, because Crim has only been gone for about half an hour, but it feels like over a week has passed.
>Maybe if you'd have swallowed your pride and apologized to Twilight, you could at least be part of the conversation, but now you're sitting outside the dumbest looking castle in existence with nothing to do.
>You're snapped out of that feeling when Crim busts out of the door, carrying all of your junk.
>input action
>>
>>27398904

Ask how it went for Crim.

(I can't really think of anything else.)
>>
>>27398904
Ask Crim how it went?
And if she wants to do something cool because waiting is boring.
>>
>>27398904
So is Twillight going to clear the zombie armors in the castle basement?
>>
>>27398952
>>27398973
"So how'd it go?"
>"Could have gone better, I think.." she checks the lamp, for what you're not entirely sure. "Twilight wanted to buy the Lamp, she seemed concerned about the Djinn being evil or something."
"What about the junk? And the undead armor things."
>"Oh, that! Well, I got better offers than the pawnshop on a few items, but just barely. We couldn't make a deal I thought was worth it."
>"As for the armors, she said she wanted to check that out, though she refused to believe that Celestia knew or approved of it."
"Ok, well, I'm really really bored. We should go do something exciting."
>"Like what? Shouldn't we sell this stuff?"
>input response
>>
>>27399021
Of course, she refuses to believe her teacher couldn't do anything wrong or make a mistake. Guess the armor will tell her different...kinda.

But yeah I guess she can just go ahead and sell the stuff Twilight is just going to be stubborn as usual and it's not like we'll get a better deal elsewhere.
As for the lamp, ask Crim if she thinks it's worth keeping.

Also, have Crim ask Twilight if she's ready for us to go back to Canterlot. I miss the city.
>>
uhhh... I can't think of anything to contribute to the story.

So, I'm just gonna >>27399126
>>
>>27399126
>>27399284
"Dammit, I suppose she's gonna have to learn the hard way. What about the lamp?"
>"Well, she said something about the staff that was used to trap the Djinn being in Canterlot."
"That's a start. I might need to go back there anyway, did Twilight mention that?"
>"No, she made it pretty clear that she wants that apology before she talks to you."
"Ugh. I guess we should just go and sell anything she wants to her, not like we'll find better deals. What do you think? Should we sell the lamp to her?"
>"I dunno. Twilight seems pretty convinced that it's gonna bring trouble, but it seems wrong to keep that poor Djinn trapped if we could help. Even more wrong if it's for money"
>input response.
>>
>>27399342
Wel,l I want to follow Crim's gut everybody deserves a second chance.

And I guess we can fake apologise to Twilight, so she can stop being a baby.
>>
>>27399342
let not sell the djinn but keep her as a friend even if we free her.
>>
I say keep the lamp, and help free the Djinn. The Djinn almost seemed sympathetic towards us when she learned we were a vampire.

But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>27399400
>>27399394
>>27399386
>You decide to knock on the door and 'apologize' so Twilight will stop being a little bitch.
>She answers with hooves crossed over her chest.
>"Well?"
"Hey, look, I'm sorry for winning our previous argument."
>"You don't sound sorry..."
"Well, I am."
>"Hmph, fine. That's all I wanted. You can come in, if you want."

>You walk in and explain that you do wish to sell most of the trinkets.
>She's most interested in the circlet, and offers 100 bits.
>She's also willing to buy the knife for 50
>As for the silver coins, she says that it's worth about 300 due to the condition of each coin, but she has no need for that many. She gives you the address of a coin collector in Canterlot that might be interested in them though.
>She also says that Rarity might pay for the Sunstone, and she thinks it's worth around 100 bits. Twilight says she'd be willing to buy it herself, to sell to her friend.
>As for the ichor potion, Twilight has no interest nor knowledge of how to sell it.
>Do you accept the deals?

>"As for Canterlot, and your, ahem, dealings there, I think we should speak privately."
>She leads you into a small adjacent room.
>When you enter, Twilight casts a spell upon the whole room.
>"Magical sealant. Nopony can eavesdrop on us with that. Now, I'm still waiting to hear from Luna on some details, but we're totally willing to meet with the leaders of that group you mentioned. However, as for the anonymity, I don't think that will fly well. We need to know who we're dealing with, or else trust will be hard to come by. We don't need to know all the members, but at the very least we need to know who we're talking to, so they can be held accountable for their end of any deals we hash out."
>input response.
>>
>>27399772
I say we accept the deals.

As for the names, they were very specific.
"I don't want them getting our names. You can tell them that we oppose Fang and his violence, but nothing more."
If he ever finds out, he might out me for my time as a spy for you and they may vote to have me executed.
>>
>>27399772
I'd rather sell the sunstone to Rarity she'll probably find more worth in it and will be willing to pay more for it. Everything else is fine. I just want to get rid of it already.

Somehow I don't think their names will mean much seeing how they probably keep them out of the system and have tons of aliases. There even more or just as stubborn as twilight so they'll probably won't budge but we could probably ask.
But if someone puts their neck out I'll probably be June...I don't know how I feel about it.
>>
>>27399849
>>27399899
>You got 150 bits for the knife and circlet.

"They were very clear that they didn't want their names out there, I certainly can't tell you without their permission either. They already know I'm working for you, so if you find out, I'm left holding the bag."
>"Which is why telling them that you worked for us was a terrible idea! I still don't understand why you did that."
"I... look, I didn't sign up to be a spy, don't blame me for not being good at it..."
>"Well, I need some way to communicate with them. Would you be willing to go back to Canterlot in a few days to bring them my response? Like I said, I need to wait for Luna to weigh in, but she's been very busy lately."
>>
>>27400290
I'll go, but maybe you should try getting them to trust you instead of going behind backs,making a liar out of us and making demands.

I think a personally written apology to both of us would be a good start.
>>
>>27400360
"Why does everything have to be so cloak and dagger with you? That's not a way to breed trust, it just made me into a liar."
>"We didn't know how they would respond to anypony we sent. Asking you to lie was simply to protect you from harm. Luckily, they seemed at least willing to talk before violence."
"I still don't see where you get off making these demands. I apologized to you, but really I think you owe both me and the Council one of your own."
>"I'm not... I'm not trying to demand anything. I want to work with your council, but I'm not sure how to do so if they can't even give us their names. I can't very well travel to the back streets of Canterlot myself without drawing crowds, I'm a princess. If these Vampires are so well hidden, well, then coming to me should be trivial for them."

"Then I guess I can go. I still think you could have handled this better."
>Twilight sighs. "Then what do you suggest, Mango? This 'situation' is not the only thing I'm dealing with right now, you know? Las Pegasus is erupting into violence. Celestia thinks it's Vampire related, and the Guard is having trouble restoring order. Moving the guard over has resulted in more crime elsewhere, with a spike in Manehattan. The Griffon Empire and Yakyakistan are threatening each other over trade disputes, with Equestria stuck playing the middle."
>She takes a deep breath. "I'm trying my best to deal with all of this, and sometimes things slip through. Tell me, what would you suggest I do?"
>>
Pausing
>>
>>27400795
Don't change the subject princess this isn't about the differences in our jobs.
Maybe we don't know what's it's like to be a hypocritical political figure but we do know what is like to have the whole world against us.

You might find this surprising but they're actually afraid of you just much as you are of them even if they won't admit it. Because when you see friends die in a genocide and have to hide even harder than usual just to stay alive it leave an impression.
So when the student of the person to make order starts knocking at their door it makes a lot of sense when they don't want to give their identities especially when said student forces one of their own to spy on them. This outcome was inevitable.
They're well hidden not because it's easy but because there's not a lot of them left.

And they didn't want to work with you in the first place because even if did workout. They think you'd just want to put a leash on them and show off your pet monsters to your teacher just to have us burned the moment you don't want the burden anymore.
All they want is to go back to their normal lives when people left them alone how do they know they can trust you to let that happen.
You want a suggestion sparkle here's one. Let us handle this our way, they're our people. No more cloke and dagger crap and no more strong arming ponies and treating them like monsters.

Get mad mango, I'm sick of her shit!
>>
>>27400795
I can't very well travel to the back streets of Canterlot myself without drawing crowds,
Isn't she magic...she could just use a glamor spell to make a disguise.

As far as making demands go. If how she's been working with us has been any example that's kinda all she dos. And her deals aren't deals when we don't really have any bargaining power.

>>27401151
While I want to slap the princess too a bit lets keep it to disgruntled looks and not get into a shouting match unless she starts one. But she should have probably tried and treat us more like a diplomat rather than a pawn or a spy.
From the start, she was never going to earn respect with her methods. We could have handled things from there when we thought it was safe instead of things getting personal and leaving hurt feelings like we did. They would have been mad at us even if we did her secret.
>>
>>27401325
This.

>>27401151
Not this.
>>
>>27401151
>Get mad mango, I'm sick of her shit!
Let me rephrase myself.
Calmly call her out on her shit. Because she really doesn't think about the other parties at all.
And don't back down like we usually do and make the most upset pony face we can.
>>
I have a feeling that a certain QM is playing vamp under anonymous,i could be wrong though.
>>
>>27401934
MangoAnon has admitted to doing so while running.
>>
>>27403573
>>
>>27404414
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>27406227
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.