[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's too far gone to save the comics, isn't it? I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: youdidthis30issuesprior,idw.jpg (282 KB, 1054x1600) Image search: [Google]
youdidthis30issuesprior,idw.jpg
282 KB, 1054x1600
It's too far gone to save the comics, isn't it? I mean, early next year they will be on their fiftieth goddamn issue and they're still one of the biggest things IDW has even as they barely advertise them.

I think the problems go far beyond a shitty editor. No decent writers and only like two tolerable artists is probably the biggest thing.
>>
>cook is gone
>Whitley is slowly taking control

worry.jpeg
>>
They're still better than the show is right now.
>>
>>27387990
Barring the Crystalling, Newbie Dash, and "Christmas Special in fucking Summer" which was still alright, this season's still far better than that, family.
>>
>>27387990
eh no
>>
>>27387980
The only reason he writes for MLP is because his original comic is completely fucking unknown outside the industry. Comics are so self-servicing these days.

>>27388025
The comics, in nearly four years and dozens of issues spread across almost a dozen writers has never once even approached something that would truly be of the same quality as the show. The closest they ever got was very early on and then quickly went off the rails.
>>
File: Thank twilight.png (3 MB, 1322x1782) Image search: [Google]
Thank twilight.png
3 MB, 1322x1782
>>27387990
>>
>>27387952
>It's too far gone to save the comics, isn't it?

WAKE ME UP INSIDE!
>>
How is it so hard to write something good? Why not just hire fanfic writers?
>>
>>27388098

They aren't good friends with cook, but now that Whitley is the lead writer you need to be a SJW to get a recomendation
>>
>>27388116
Unfortunately true. That really sucks.
>>
File: Kakyoin01.jpg (151 KB, 387x452) Image search: [Google]
Kakyoin01.jpg
151 KB, 387x452
>>27387952
>early next year they will be on their fiftieth goddamn issue
>50th issue
Hold on everyone. Let's take a step back to look at this for a second. 50 issues is typically a big deal in comics, and considering how the FiM comics are, we're probably going to see some crazy obnoxious celebration about that. Kind of like Slice of Life. Only here comes the problem: The extreme stuff that happened in Slice of Life is typically the norm for the comics.

Which means we could possibly be heading towards a comic that's even "insane" and overly meta for IDW's normal standards. Let that sink in.

Now is the time to panic.
>>
>>27388814
Imagine all the cancer coming back for one massive issue.
>>
File: 1452233559059.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
1452233559059.gif
2 MB, 200x151
>>27388860
>Every single IDW OC in a single issue
Would it be possible to nuke it?
>>
>>27388814
How is that a bad thing? It could loop around and be really amazing.

My question is how they will mess it up, you pretty much have to not care.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.