[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does she live by herself? Does she even have any family?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: zecora_by_lyneee-d6h9mfi.png (269 KB, 913x875) Image search: [Google]
zecora_by_lyneee-d6h9mfi.png
269 KB, 913x875
Why does she live by herself? Does she even have any family?
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 825x1275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 825x1275
She's a traveler/wanderer. The only other thing was the zebras themselves being really seclusive and locking themselves away from other races, so she may have left because of that.
>>
>>27385404
She's black. Her husband and father would have walked out long ago.
>>
File: 1440567047522.png (288 KB, 599x651) Image search: [Google]
1440567047522.png
288 KB, 599x651
A lone traveler cursed to walk the roads, never to have an episode to her origins or her family.
>>
File: mlfw2774-132897735590.gif (230 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mlfw2774-132897735590.gif
230 KB, 500x500
I like to think she's just really embarrassed of her family
>>
>>27385465
Like Flutters is of her brother?
>>
My headcanon is that her rhyming speech, however she got it, spooked/annoyed her village too much and so she was exiled. Either that or maybe she just took up rhyming to entertain herself while alone.
>>
>>27385541
it might be changed due to different writers, but originally she was suppose to speak with a foreign accent(or entire language, i can't remember) but it was too difficult for it to be done in such a short time during development, they simply made her rhyme to make her sound exotic.

In other words, rhyming is the language of zebras.

My guess is simply, due to her potion making habits she just found it easier to live right by the source, as everfree forest has a wide varity of exotic herbs and the likes.

What we instead should ask ourselves, what does she do all day? Does she have a job? Is she producing medicine for nearby villages?
>>
>>27385565
She gets paid by Celestia to make the Equestrian diversity quota.
>>
>>27385404
>Zebras are a very reclusive and close knit society
>Required to marry at a young age to preserve homogeinity
>Zecora chose not to and was thus exiled
>Years later, according to Zebra custom, exiled zebras are tracked down
>If married they're offered the chance to rejoin the tribe provided their new partner agrees to join them
>If unmarried the exiled zebra may never return and their line considered extinct

>Anon lives with Zecora as her apprentice
>One day Zecora receives an envoy informing her of her choice
>That night Zecora asks Anon if he will pretend to be her husband so that she can re visit her homeland
>Wacky antics and adventures ensue
>>
Reminder that she spoke an at least faux African language in her first appearance.
>>
>>27385429
But she's African black, not American black. So it's more likely her family was killed by the Belgians.
>>
from what hasbro told, her father abandoned her when he found out her mother was pregnant.
>>
>>27385404
>Why does she live by herself
Motherfucker have you seen the shit Ponyville gets up to? Living alone in the woods is the only sane course of action.
>>
>>27386057

Seconded. It's a weirdness nexus that's inhabited by crazies and the hysterically stupid. The Everfree is hazardous but at least it's mercifully free of drama and bullshit.
>>
>>27385404
>black
>constantly rapping
Come on Hasbro.
>>
>>27385933
Sauce on that statement?
>>
>>27386667
>>
it would be funny if zecora was eccentric enough to live by herself and speak in rhyme

other zebras, on the infrequent occasion they pass through ponyville, just roll their eyes and move along

also it'd get a certain toilet board really really really upset, in that '[pepe.jpg] i'm not mad, you faggot cuck beta SJW' way
>>
She's a shaman. It's what shamans do. They're too crazy to fit in with the rest of the tribe so they live on the periphery.
>>
>>27386278
klek
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.