[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 010.png (546 KB, 1024x1170) Image search: [Google]
010.png
546 KB, 1024x1170
Can we all agree that Starlight Glimmer is absolute trash, unfunny, uninteresting, and written like an "OC do not steal :^)"?

Mark my words, she will be the death of this show.
>>
>>27371554
I don't know, anon.
Its hard to trump Twilight ascending to godhood, entering a full on shonen beam battle with a monster of the week, and getting a castle out of the deal when she had no aspirations for any of
it.

Considering that the show fared through that shitfest, and through literal Gary Stu Shining and his wallflower bride....I'd say that Glimmer's presence wont be the end of the world.
>>
>>27371590
>Its hard to trump Twilight ascending to godhood, entering a full on shonen beam battle with a monster of the week, and getting a castle out of the deal when she had no aspirations for any of it.

Yeah those were tough pills to swallow, but ultimately she remained the adorkable Twilight we loved since the first season, hence that gave you a reason to continue to watch.

But I loathe Starlight Glimmer and I don't see a shred of redeeming qualities in her.
>>
>>27371660
Well, that's your opinion, and you're completely entitled to it. I know there are others who feel the same for their own reasons though many just hate her for the sake of such or because of memes

However, saying that she'll be the end of the show as we know it seems like a stretch after everything else we've "survived" through.
>>
>>27371703
>However, saying that she'll be the end of the show as we know it seems like a stretch

Is it? Any episode revolving around her has been pure cancer. "ooh look at me i was so evulz, but now I'm good", every single joke about her is how she enslaved ponies - the writers really have nothing to work with. She has no personality other than being generic villain no. 999909, and how she really is a terrible person, and nothing she ever does will disguise that fact.
>>
Hating GlimGlam is a meme spewed by underage faggots.
>>
>>27371554
I used to dislike her actions a lot, but she's grown on me and I like her more.

Her getting the better of Twilight is still bullshit, I don't care the excuse that Twilight is a shitty fighter/Starlight caught her off-guard or whatever. With Twilight's experience and knowledge she should be able to do something much better against Starlight.

Putting that aside... I do like her.
>>
>>27371908
But didn't Twilight address Starlight using Eastern magic in the S5 premier. And still how many times has she had a magical fight before facing Starlight in the S5 premier?
>>
>>27371554
>will be
Too late for that
This season is fucking shit just like the last one
>>
>>27371554
Yeah, she should've been defeated at the end of s5, not reformed. At least she was a good villain though.
>>
>>27371554
>>27371590
>>27371660
You're all the fucking worst.

>>27371590
>godhood
>full on shonen beam battle
>getting a castle
>no aspirations
>hard to trump
It isn't hard to trump that, literally every other character with any development in the series has trumped that.
The last episode had more development for a completely new character in Snowfall than those three things had for Twilight combined. Not only did they fail to develop her character, they ended up actually harming what development there had been by having absolutely none of those things be /based/ in her experiences.
When she became a princess, she wasn't anywhere near having a complete understanding of friendship. It had nothing to do with that, it was completely obscured behind the technicalities of magic that we have never had explained to us.

For all we know, she could have been given the spell on her very first day in Ponyville, had the knowledge to fix it, and then became an alicorn.

The shonen shit doesn't even need an explanation, if you're deluded enough into thinking that Twilight Sparkle either innately was capable of combat or that it was developed into her character before the S4 finale, you're too far gone.
The castle shit is even worse, its literally indefensible.

>>27371660
>remained the adorkable Twilight
No she didn't. She objectively did not. Yeah, she's still neurotic but that's nowhere near the same thing.
>>
>>27371554
>she will be the death of this show
The death of this show was Twilicorn. The show as of now is a re-animated corpse kept alive by uncaring hack writers and an utterly cynical toy franchise.

>>27371783
She did have a personality in the premier. But all the rest of it, yeah, it's bland garbage.
>>
File: 1390004279172.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1390004279172.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>27371554
Fuck her, I hate her so god damn much. They're setting her up to be the 7th element of harmony but it should be Sunset Shimmer who is a much better character than this FUCKING. WHORE.

WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN THE FUCKING SUNNY BUNNY.
>>
>>27372056
Nice falseflag.
>>
File: 1416154759038.jpg (713 KB, 1904x1064) Image search: [Google]
1416154759038.jpg
713 KB, 1904x1064
>>27372069
I'm not falseflagging at all. Literally everything about this angel is better than that cunt. Her backstory, her redemption, her voice, her relationship with the mane 6. She has it all compared to Starfag Gayer.
>>
File: 1453000235421.png (41 KB, 930x794) Image search: [Google]
1453000235421.png
41 KB, 930x794
>>27372168
>>
>>27372168
Well I wouldn't consider a post accompanied with a Wojak expressing "IT'S NOT FAIR!" along with a sentence in all caps, as a person trying to be taken seriously. It reeks exaggeration over it.
>>
File: derpi_864942.jpg (92 KB, 900x862) Image search: [Google]
derpi_864942.jpg
92 KB, 900x862
>>27372168
>voice
Fuck you. Starlight's voice is a golden chalice of Valhalla's sweetest mead. And yes, Sunset does have a nice voice, but saying it's better than Starlight's is heresy deserving of having your shit-filled rectum shoved down your throat as you are being strangled by your own flaming intestines.
>>
>>27372213
I'm a little drunk and I just watched a Hearths Warming Tail so I'm a bit emotional right now. Good episode, but I cringed at them trying to insert Starlight like this. It's too much and too fast.
>>
>>27371554
>Mark my words, she will be the death of this show.
Forced new main characters always are the death of a series. Every time.
>>
>>27372264
She's the cousin oliver of mlp.
>>
>>27372246

They could swap out Starlight's voice with anyone else's and it would be an improvement. Spike? Improvement. Trixie? Improvement.

hell, they could just swap out the character entirely and the show would be better. We could have an entire season around Ex-Cult Leader that is Twilight's rarely seen pet owl.
>>
>>27372286
I'm talking about her S5 voice. I haven't watched one second of S6 (I heard they changed her voice) because I can smell the fetid pile of shit from seventeen lightyears away, and I don't think I could stomach the sight of my dear little Glimglim being sodomized by the spiky white-hot dragon dildo that is these writers' utter contempt for effort and talent, on top of the usual helping of lackluster snoozefest.

And I've hardly watched anything past S3 anyway, so, meh.
>>
>>27372252
>Good episode
Literally just a rehash of your typical take of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Maybe being drunk explains that. The songs were good though and I loved the visuals.

>>27372286
Watch this video and tell me: how would Spike or Trixie improve it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rB0x2TVu9Q
>>
>>27372348
It's literally the same voice
Those people are retarded
>>
>>27372358
Well, in any case. Starlight's voice is still my favorite. Sunset is a solid second, though, followed by NMM and Chrysalis.
>>
>>27372356
>The songs were good though and I loved the visuals.
Yes, like I said it was a good episode. Nothing special, just good.
>>
>>27372356
>Watch this video and tell me: how would Spike or Trixie improve it?
By not being Starlight for starters.
>>
>>27372865
Nice argument. No seriously if you go by on how Kathleen Barr and Cathey Wesluck voice acting and singing, tell me on how they'd do it better than Kelly Sheridan's?
>>
>>27372903
They'd be better on the basis that they aren't Starlight. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>27372956
Well then explain why Starlight doesn't fit the goddamn role then.
>>
>>27372966
You probably should stop reply to autist
>>
>>27373039
>You probably should stop reply
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>27373228
"You probably should stop replying to the autist", is what I think.
>>
File: A2wCEsJ.png (232 KB, 511x491) Image search: [Google]
A2wCEsJ.png
232 KB, 511x491
I was originally extremely hesitant at Starlight becoming a major character. I thought it was silly how a character that we've only known for a handful of episodes could suddenly become a focus of the show.

But I've realized that it's necessary. Twilight has become the princess of friendship: you can't pretend there's much more for her to learn. So Starlight has to be the "new Twilight," the character that's still new to friendship and has much to learn. Do I like her more than Twilight? No. Does she belong in the show? Definitely.

At least that's the way I see it.
>>
>>27373283
>Twilight has become the princess of friendship
She's developed into that role about half as much as Starlight has into hers. Both of them are currently terrible at their jobs in the series.
>>
File: derpi_1027233.png (464 KB, 2120x1192) Image search: [Google]
derpi_1027233.png
464 KB, 2120x1192
>>27373485
I'm just pretending that S6 and the S5 finale didn't happen. It makes me much happier.

This face is the exception, though. Best face of all time. This is the face I want her to have when I'm giving her a good rutting.
>>
>>27373527
Season 5 finale wasn't outright irredeemable. One thing I loved about was Starlight's ways in successfully changing the course of time, especially with the "convincing the bullies to apologize to Fluttershy" part.
>>
>>27373610
I'm mostly referring to the redemption. Good god, was it terrible. Even in the drunken state I was in when I watched it, I still hated it. Seriously, who in the world gets that traumatized over losing a shitty fair weather friend from childhood? Especially when he looks like he was designed in Pony Creator by an obese middle schooler with ASD? Christ.
>>
>>27373689
She should have had a much more severe Freudian excuse, and rejected Twilight's friendship, followed by imprisonment with more plans on the hoof for season 6, imo.
>>
>>27373716
I can see them wanting to redeem her, if it had to have been done, she should have been stripped of her powers and forced to learn from the ground up.
>>
>>27373716
That would've been better, at least.

>>27373760
She ran a cult. Why does she need to learn about friendship? Clearly, she knows more than any of the main six.
>>
>>27372358
The change in attitude makes her sound different. I definitely preferred her when she was evil.
>>
File: keks all around.webm (443 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
keks all around.webm
443 KB, 1280x720
ITT: Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer fans are both degenerate.
>>
>>27371554
I'm a huge GlimGlam fan but that is a great picture. Would have been fun to see.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.