[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Luna was the best role for The Ghost of Christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1463255339930.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463255339930.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Do you think Luna was the best role for The Ghost of Christmas Pass, or was it just fan pandering? Also, were Pinkie and Applejack good choices for their respective roles?
>>
>>27368837
I meant "Past" not "Pass"
>>
>>27368837
I wouldn't say so, I think she would be a better Spirit of the Future events ^:)
>>
>>27369043
I shouldn't write these threads when I'm half asleep.
>>
>>27368837
Pinkie as the spirit of present(s) was brilliant. Reminded me of Oogway from Kung-fu Panda.
>>
>>27368837
Pinkie and Applejack were alright. Was a little salty about the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come being Luna and not mute, but the song was good.
>>
>>27368837
I would argue that it wasn't fan pandering, I mean it makes logical sense to choose her for this role, you can infer this pretty easily just by looking at the color of her coat. She's dark, the reaper is usually in a black cloak, I mean it perfectly fits the motif. Her weird old English cadence is supported by the obvious intended past setting of the story being told. It's very cohesive, if it was pandering, it wouldn't be as cohesive.
>>
>>27368837
>fan pandering
Didn't you know, Anon? Everything is pandering. Especially if I don't like it.
>>
>>27369193
You're right, the role of the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come should have been played by DJ Pon3.
>>
>>27368837
Perhaps a little, as the spirit is supposed to be silent and faceless, as we are not meant to truly know what is to be in the future. By showing it as a physical pony instead of a specter, it kind of mixes the message a bit.

That said, as she was showing a future disaster and they intended for her to sing, she fit thematically as she would be the one to best describe redemption with the current threat of falling back into old ways and bringing ruin.

She didn't fit the original story, but with the alterations she was an okay replacement. Funny enough, if they wanted the original feel, Tantabus would have been a far better choice.
>>
File: Ilikeyou.gif (1 MB, 396x483) Image search: [Google]
Ilikeyou.gif
1 MB, 396x483
>>27369294
Good man.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.