[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this fandom so damn autistic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1459016324522.png (296 KB, 377x768) Image search: [Google]
1459016324522.png
296 KB, 377x768
Why is this fandom so damn autistic?
>>
>>27367857
you tell me
>>
>>27367857
I know right? If there is any fandom I'd expect to be filled with other fellow Chad Thundercock's, it would be the fandom of my little pony. What the fuck!?
>>
I'm ashamed to say I like mlp because unlike most of you I just like the show and I don't make a huge deal out of it and masturbate to the horse
>>
>>27367904
>>>/out/
>>
File: 1459885539590.gif (193 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459885539590.gif
193 KB, 400x400
isn't autistic, just fucking cringy, and is just a part, the most part are pretty normal people who just want cum inside cartoons horses
>>
bright colored cartoon waifu horses
>>
File: 30_zQDWOlmM.jpg (72 KB, 604x573) Image search: [Google]
30_zQDWOlmM.jpg
72 KB, 604x573
>>27367885
BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME, BRUH
WEW WEW
>>
>>27368268
I'd be able to accept and even appreciate cringe, if that's all it was.
The fact that all character development and depth flies over the heads of the majority and just comes off as "boring" makes me believe My Little Pony may really be too mature and complicated for them. Some serious autism or something else that makes them incapable of empathy or critical thought.
>>
>>27368334
barneyfag pls
>>
>>27367857
My Little Pony is meant for little girls/children, it was since its inception and that will never go away. Why is it frowned upon when adults watch it? You could say because it is believed cartoons, cuteness, fantasy, and frivolities that make children happy are for children only. You could say because it isn't complicated or adult-oriented media, and because it's simple adults shouldn't waste their time watching it if they aren't doing so with children. Some of the awkwardness stems from adult fans publicly trying to mitigate that fact by saying it's no big deal. Because, while in the grand scheme of things it really is no big deal, the stigma simply cannot be done away with. It's no big deal to fart in public, it doesn't cause any harm and everyone farts—but it's still embarrassing and discouraged. So, when you have people putting on a pretense that they aren't embarrassed about watching it but secretly are, it makes things awkward.

In addition, most people in this fandom are heavy media consumers. Geeks. People who spend a lot of their time consuming media, specifically fictional media, tend to be more introverted and disinterested in reality. This makes real-life interactions, cluing in on social cues, and active prevention of faux pas more difficult. Also, many people who are atypical neurotypes (autism, Asperger's) are drawn to fiction and media outside reality.

Mix this all together and you got a cocktail of people living in their own worlds having to interact the worlds of others.
>>
>>27367857
you spelled retarded wrong
>>
>>27367857
Watching a girl's show has created this "'outsider's" sentiment amongst its non-core demographic, so banding together caused everyone's inhibitions to be broken down because they thought they were in good company.
>>
>>27367857
name a fandom that isn't autistic.
>>
>>27367857
all fandoms are autistic, mlp is so autistic because we are forced to share a board with waifufags
>>
>>27367857
It's not even autistic, it's just stupid as fuck.
>>
>>27367857
Why are Glimmerfags so damn autistic?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.