[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is "My Little Pony"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: MLP_opening.png (375 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MLP_opening.png
375 KB, 1280x720
The question we've been asking since the show began. At first, we assume that it is Twilight Sparkle. She is the title character, after all. Not quite.

Think about it. Who is singing about "My Little Pony"? Twilight herself. Besides, Twilight is probably a teen, you would think "little" would refer to a colt or filly.

Who fits this description? The Cutie Mark Crusaders? No. They have only a limited to connection to Twilight. Celestia? Luna? Of course not. None of the Mane Six would make sense. But there doesn't seem to be any other options! Who could it be?

I have the answer: Spike.
>>
>>27366309
>I have the answer: Spike.
>Potentialâ„¢
But anon, Spike isn't a pony!
>>
>>27366309
fuk u give me my sides back
>>
>>27366309
She is singing about her vagina.
>>
>>27366309
>>27366322
>>27366333
>>27366348
A decent question, turned it this. I am disappointed in you all. And myself for being here.
>>
File: Spike_thoroughly_confused_S5E10.png (589 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Spike_thoroughly_confused_S5E10.png
589 KB, 1280x720
>>27366309
>>
>>27366309
I don't think the show is that deep to give a special meaning to the song
>>
>MLP Movie 2017
>Celestia as the villain
>"After all, Twilight. You are My Little Pony."
>>
File: spike_and_peewee.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
spike_and_peewee.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>27366322
"Spike!", you say, "how could it be Spike. He's not even a pony!"

Think about it. As a baby dragon Spike is certainly "Little". He's also definitely "My". Spike's relationship with Twilight, whether brother, son, pet, or slave, is central to the entire series. But, a pony? I say yes.

Spike may be physically a dragon. However, he is truly a pony at heart. He was brought up by ponies, spends most of his time with ponies, and the people he care about most are ponies.

However, there's one thing that turns this from a mere theory to scientific fact.

Let's take a look at Dragon Quest, a beloved episode which is also the most important thematically in the series. Look at this magnificent quote: "Peewee! Stick with me. I've got plenty to teach you about being a pony."

In this instant, all doubts are obliterated. We, the audience know it; Spike knows it. Even Peewee knows it.

Spike truly is My Little Pony.
>>
>>27366309
Well damn, but that voice is too girly to be spike. Maybe spike has great ability to do a female impression.
>>
>>27366322
She essentially gave birth to him and raised him. From the absolute beginning she wanted to raise him as a pony, but her subconscious racism has made her treat him like a shitty second-class citizen from birth. She used to sing the song to reassure herself and him that he was as much a pony as anyone else. Nowadays they have both come to terms with the fact that Spike is a dragon, but Twilight still won't accept her responsibility in molding him into an identity-less mess, not fully pony and not fully dragon. The last episode will have Spike leave to become an actual dragon while Twilight must face the reality of how much harm her ideological way of raising a child has brought to Spike, as she and Spike have learned the hard way that a dragon born in a stable is not a horse.

The theme song of the final episode will have the word "pony" replaced with "dragon". Trust me my dad works at Hasbro.
>>
>>27366413
Thx Anon! U were real helpful!
>>
>>27366309
She's talking about SG_
>>
>>27366389
Underrated
>>
>>27366309
>She is the title character
No, she isn't. She's the main character, but not the titular character.
>>
Truly they were My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
>>
That's like asking who the Family Guy is
Herbert
>>
File: 1463024993031.jpg (86 KB, 900x725) Image search: [Google]
1463024993031.jpg
86 KB, 900x725
>>27366309
no dumbass. its when twilight is ye old princess. shes singing as if she were celestia, an aged and important social figure.
>>
>>27366309
Technically that's Rebecca Shoichet singing. So Sunset Shimmer.
>>
File: nyx.jpg (194 KB, 1120x930) Image search: [Google]
nyx.jpg
194 KB, 1120x930
>>27366309
You should really know better by now, OP.
>>
>>27366309
The anonymous hacker known as 4chan
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.