[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else disappointed that the lesson wasn't "you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15
File: Capture.png (940 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
940 KB, 1366x768
Anyone else disappointed that the lesson wasn't "you have to celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve or else Wendigos will come and kill everyone"?
>>
The lesson was "Buy Christmas presents or everyone dies."

Say, it's almost like a toy company made this one.
>>
>>27363931
>>27363939
I thought the lesson was that Starlight is worst pony
>>
>>27363931
I stopped watching the moment it became clear it was yet another Christmas Carol adaption. Was the lesson "celebrate Christmas or Scootaloo dies"?
>>
>>27363931
that would be using the settings canon and developing a culture around necessity and complication rather than smiles and unicorn rainbows. of course Ha$bro isn't going to do that shit.
>>
>>27363931
That was part of it.
>>
>>27363948
Off yourself.
>>
>>27364216
You could assume that it was for money- somehow- or you could go with the much more reasonable explanation that they didn't use it because windigoes don't exist in real life and warning kids about the dangers of them doesn't teach much about friendship.
>>
>>27363931

Well that was basically part of it.
>>
>>27364283
So? Ponies don't talk in real life, either. It doesn't need to be literal. Metaphorically, Hearths Warming Eve could represent capitalism as a whole and the wendigos could represent various people like muslims or liberals.
>>
>>27364314
I could maybe see them doing that message if the show's lead writer was named Donald Trump.
>>
To be fair it was about Christmas, what else did you guys expect?
>>
>>27364326
>Christmas
Fuck off with that jew shit. It was about Hearths Warming Eve.
>>
>>27363931
but that was EXACTLY the lesson.
The presents and friends and all that is to strengthen their love which is the means to defeat the wendigos

Honestly i am disappointed that it was that lesson, it's like saying "Be a nice a kid, or else Santa Claus won't bring you presents" or "Be a good person and praise the lord, otherwise you won't get to heaven when you die"
>>
>>27363931
It's "Shut up and stop ruining other people's holiday you autistic crybaby. Also you're a shitty boss."
>>
Fuck off with this dumb shit. If you'd actually bothered to watch the episode and have more than a double digit IQ, you would have realized that the show had a well vetted argument for taking time and enjoying yourself and other ponies. The windigoes weren't central to that argument, they were simply used to hammer the point home. This is how you do things, you establish the logic, then you follow it up by stressing its importance. You need to watch the show more as to not make such basic mistakes.
>>
Don't you love it when a show has a christmas special at the very start of summer?
>>
>>27364189
To be fair there was some How The Grinch Stole Christmas worked in there as well.
>>
File: Milk Meme 1.jpg (108 KB, 666x499) Image search: [Google]
Milk Meme 1.jpg
108 KB, 666x499
It needed more milk.
>>
File: Milk Meme 2.jpg (104 KB, 595x451) Image search: [Google]
Milk Meme 2.jpg
104 KB, 595x451
>>27364681
>>
File: Milk Meme 3.jpg (116 KB, 553x454) Image search: [Google]
Milk Meme 3.jpg
116 KB, 553x454
>>27364706
>>
File: Milk Meme 4.jpg (49 KB, 973x668) Image search: [Google]
Milk Meme 4.jpg
49 KB, 973x668
>>27364728
>>
File: Milk Meme 5.jpg (47 KB, 985x663) Image search: [Google]
Milk Meme 5.jpg
47 KB, 985x663
>>27364741
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 576x324
So if RD was a Bob Cratchit analog, Shouldn't she be more forgiving of Starlight Scrooge? If everyone is being a dick if she isn't celebrating the holiday, she has more reasons to end it.
>>
File: Milk Meme 6.jpg (133 KB, 954x647) Image search: [Google]
Milk Meme 6.jpg
133 KB, 954x647
>>27364749
>>
File: Milk Meme 7.jpg (140 KB, 952x659) Image search: [Google]
Milk Meme 7.jpg
140 KB, 952x659
>>27364773
>>
>>27364331
>Christmas
>jew shit

what
>>
File: Capture.png (53 KB, 860x362) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53 KB, 860x362
>>27364853
>>
>>27363931
Its just a fairytale.
>>
>>27364864
But the Jews don't celebrate Christmas.
>>
File: Holiday Sales.png (22 KB, 352x438) Image search: [Google]
Holiday Sales.png
22 KB, 352x438
>>27364887
Not in the same way you do, goy.
>>
>>27364752
It's Top Cunt, of course she isn't. Should have had been Fluttershy.
>>
>>27364920
So anything that has financial gain associated with it is Jewish.

Better start growing my own food, stop driving a car, trash my cell phone, and start an independent nation where I don't pay taxes then. Oh, and shut down the entire MLP fandom. Don't want to keep empowering the Jews.
>>
>>27364189
The lesson more or less was, the holidays are important because it's a time that you can spend with your friends and family, and gifts are significant less because of the physical gifts given themselves but because the act of giving and the idea of giving something someone you care about something is something that is good.

I kinda feel like the whole thing about the Windigos was just part of the parable. Since Starlight was going to effectively make it so that Hearths Warming would be erased from the past, present, and future she was going to erase all the time that people took to spend with friends and family and all the good cheer that goes around during the holidays and actually make things worse instead of making them better.
>>
>>27365028
Fucking this.

Even if you want to argue that the Jews made this system and that they're secretly controlling it then fine. It's still a much better system than anything else we've had to date. I'm perfectly fine with people profiteering off of a system that works out well for most everyone involved.
>>
File: 11011231_.jpg (24 KB, 534x297) Image search: [Google]
11011231_.jpg
24 KB, 534x297
>>27363931

I mean, If I made Russia and China declare war on USA on christmas day of course there wont be more christmas on many places
>>
File: HSVDk9V.jpg (70 KB, 479x640) Image search: [Google]
HSVDk9V.jpg
70 KB, 479x640
>>27365028
Yeah, but that's not the point I was trying to make. All Abrahamic religions are jew shit. Christianity is just Judaism 2.0.
>>27365039
>It's still a much better system than anything else we've had to date
See pic.
>>27365039
>I'm perfectly fine with people profiteering off of a system that works out well for most everyone involved.
Except that's not how a pyramid scheme works. Just because you're rich and comfy as a middle class westerner, the vast majority of people involved in capitalism are slaves on the bottom rung with no chance of moving up.
>>
>>27365119
Okay, that's all very interesting, if blatantly paranoid and filled with false equivalencies, but there is one important question I think we'd like an answer to here:

Who the fuck even asked you?

You've gone on a tangent about how capitalism, Abrahamic religion, and quite possibly civilization as a whole are Jew conspiracies because somebody mentioned Christmas in relation to a My Little Pony episode that is entirely based upon A Christmas Carol. How is this remotely relevant to any part of what the thread, or the conversation upon which you intruded, was talking about in the first place?
>>
>>27365225
>Who the fuck even asked you?
This guy >>27364853

It really could have been left at "fuck off with that jew shit" if it wasn't for him.
>>
>>27363931
that literally was the lesson.
or i suppose its more accurate to say thats the realization the lead to the lesson
>>
>>27364650
this
>>
>>27364219
>>27364291
>>27364352
>>27365241
No it wasn't. The lesson was about spending time with friends and family to spread warmth and cheer. When it should have been, you literally have to celebrate this holiday to keep evil spirits from killing everyone.
>>
>>27365285
but that lesson would have made no sense equestria has had aver 1000 years to build on the harmony inspired by the first defeat of the wendigos

i barely tolerated it in the fictional story
>>
File: Barneyfag.png (507 KB, 600x1751) Image search: [Google]
Barneyfag.png
507 KB, 600x1751
>>27365238
Better question, then: if you take genuine issue with people bringing up Christmas, why in the name of Faust's empty uterus did you join the discussion of an episode based on a story about it?

You are giving pic related new meaning. Hell, just being on this board should trigger you if you hate capitalism that much.
>>
>>27365296
Wendigos have only stayed away for the past 1000 years because ponies have celebrated Hearths Warming Eve every year since their defeat. If they go a year without it, the wendigos can regain their strength and kill everyone.
>>
>>27365307
>join the discussion
It's my thread, dumdum.

The episode wasn't about Christmas, it was about Hearths Warming Eve.
>>
>>27365308
[citation needed]
>>
>>27363931
But that was the lesson. If the Windigos were not real Snowfrost (Or whatever) actions would have no consequences on the future of Equestria.
>>
>>27365308
hearths warming kept them back that first time but there is far less hatred in equestria since then then the old lands had
>>
>>27365312
If you don't think Hearth's Warming is and always has been pony Christmas, you could be an Olympic medalist for mental gymnastics. People will continue to call it that from time to time, and they're not entirely wrong to do so. Get the swastika out of your ass and get used to it.
>>
>>27365313
See the OP pic.
>>27365319
The lesson of the story was described as to spread warmth and cheer with your friends.
>>27365324
>there is far less hatred in equestria since then then the old lands had
Maybe between the three races of ponies.
>>27365336
Not every winter holiday has to be x's version of Christmas. Hearths Warming Eve has its own origins and celebrations, completely unrelated to Christmas, as there is no such thing to base it off in Equestria.
>>
>>27365354
its the decorations that mark it as Christmas anon.
>>
>>27365360
You're not allowed to decorate for a holiday without it being compared to Christmas?
>>
>>27365354
Well, the future fucked up that message. Look at the Christmas Carol future and how much its different and, thus, more impactful with its message.
>>
>>27365374
not if you use decorations that are blatantly based off Christmas decorations.

everything else in the show uses more varied decorations
>>
>>27365354
But while the original HWE story was supposed to be true, Snowfall is just a fictional character in a tale.

As I see it, when the ponies defeated the Windigos, they were gone for good. The ponies celebrate HWE just because they know bonding lets them defeat powerful enemies, not because they're facing a real thread. Snowfall story was just a metaphor.
>>
>>27365354
Oh for fuck's sake, you really don't think it's Christmas?

Trees decorated with ornaments and a star. Wrapped presents under said trees. Strings of multicolored lights. Gingerbread houses. Candy canes. Carols specific to the holiday, which sound extremely similar to Christmas ones. Do I need to paint a clearer picture here? Next you'll be saying that Scare Master wasn't an episode about Halloween.
>>
>>27365386
to be fair although scare master was mostly hallowen i feel it did have a few elements of the other similar holidays.

hearths warming eve has none of that.
>>
>>27365386
"The use of evergreen trees, wreaths, and garlands to symbolize eternal life was a custom of the ancient Egyptians, Chinese, and Hebrews. Tree worship was common among the pagan Europeans and survived their conversion to Christianity in the Scandinavian customs of decorating the house and barn with evergreens at the New Year to scare away the Devil and of setting up a tree for the birds during Christmastime."
http://global.britannica.com/plant/Christmas-tree
>>
>>27365376
The future isn't the only part of the story that matters. It was just a continuation of the points the past and present made.
>>27365378
>>27365386
They use lots of Earth-type shit for backgrounds/decorations/etc. That's just because it's a cheap show without the resources to make their world pony-esque all the time. Also Nightmare Night isn't Halloween/All Hallows Eve.
>>27365381
They were gone for good just because they weren't able to freeze over 6 ponies? Do you die if you skip a meal?
>>
>>27365406
These episodes and their messages are designed to correlate to real life in some way or another. It's not laziness, it's clear intention. Hearth's Warming is meant to look and feel like Christmas, the same way Nightmare Night is meant to with Halloween. And the messages of those episodes are similarly intended to relate to those holidays. Don't go denying the obvious just because you don't like the subject.
>>
>>27365406
Well, skipping a meal didn't kill them, the Fire of Friendship did.

Actually I don't know, but I think "our ancestors did something great working together, learn to appreciate other ponies and you'll make this world a better place too" is a much more heartwarming moral than "get along or you'll die". I know the moral of the tale was the latter, but I think it was both fictional (I mean, in-universe fictional) and an old tale, dated somewhere when it was ok to scare foals for them to behave. Much mental gymnastics there, I know.
>>
>>27365406
>Nightmare Night isn't Halloween.
Getting the insults out of the way, you're a fucking shit yourself retarded cunt.

That said, how the fuck do you think that?
>>
>>27365296
Except what caused Snowfall to completely change her ways was "But i thought they were just a legend! I didn't know!" maybe you should rewatch that episode
>>
>>27365528
That was the last straw, not the one reason that changed her mind.
After ponk's song she was already on the verge of giving up.
>>
>>27365531
the OP said he was disappointed windigos weren't the lesson, i just told you and you just agreed they were part of the lesson.

Also why do you think they celebrate the holiday the way they do? To make sure the windigos never come again, that is the whole point.
>>
>>27363931
Frankly, this would be an awesome world to live in.
The societies that backstab each others, i.e. the multicultural and jewish ones, would literally be wiped out from a magical extinction event.
It means any society on the planet will be at the very least somewhat cozy to live in, if not outright great.

And the prospect for weaponisations ! Launch an hate spell at key figures in the opposing society, and let wendigos freeze them to death, the land ripe for colonisation not one generation after.
>>
>>27365540
Just FYI I'm not the anon you were talking to, I just jumped in.

>Also why do you think they celebrate the holiday the way they do? To make sure the windigos never come again, that is the whole point.
That's part of the point. That's exactly 1/3 of the point.
The other part is that all work and no play make you a dull pony, and that life is better for everyone if you would just come and have FUN.
Did you watch the episode?
>>
>>27365546
Didn't stop Sombra in the alternative universe. I mean, at least with Discord you have an explanation, he's much more powerful than Windigos.
>>
>>27365546
>The societies that backstab each others, i.e. the multicultural and jewish ones, would literally be wiped out from a magical extinction event.
Don't think you're immune from that, stormfront.
>>
>>27363931
I'm just dissapointed that Hasbro didn't credited Charles Dickens as a writer.
>>
>>27364741
>>27364749
>>27364773
>>27364835
I wanna fuck Rarity dead
>>
>>27365556
I wouldn't be surprised if the Crystal Kingdom being a subzero wasteland were you have to put shield up not to freeze to death had something to do with windigos.
>>
>>27365556
Sombra's slaves probably don't have the capacity for hate, or any other emotion except constant suffering i think.
Another explanation could be the crystal also serve as a ward against magical creatures.

Hate really is needed, the griffons or buffalos aren't exactly keen on friendship but since they don't hate each others, no wendigos, like in any other ethnically homogenous nation of equestria i'd wager.
>>
File: retardedCongrats.png (178 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
retardedCongrats.png
178 KB, 1190x906
>>27365563
Thank you for your insightful contribution.
>>
>>27364189
Same here had the episode run on my phone while watching tv and playing vidya

Was pretty shit gotta admit
>>
>>27365567
>Another explanation could be the crystal also serve as a ward against magical creatures.
I think this might be it, since without the crystal heart they get instantly overrun by the unnatural cold.
>>
>>27365548
>Did you watch the episode?
did you? Yes, she learned that presents are fun and having friends is better than learning magic, but in the end those things are being taught to ponies to avoid windigos and it was the windigos that made her change her ways completely.

Think about it, the future that was presented wasn't bad because she had no friends or because she never received a gift, no, the future was bad because she doomed equestria by giving letting the door open for the windigos. The whole point of the future visions in christmas carols is that the character in the story sees that things will end turn bad if they don't change their ways.
>>
>>27365565
Well, they do have to live somewhere when there's no hateful nation to prey on.
Maybe the area of the crystal kingdom is their birthplace. Maybe there's a portal to not!Jotünn.
>>
>>27365574
>did you? Yes, she learned that presents are fun and having friends is better than learning magic, but in the end those things are being taught to ponies to avoid windigos and it was the windigos that made her change her ways completely.
That's a very cynical view. Let me use a stupid analogy.

If you don't eat, you die. Does that mean the only reason people eat is not to die?
No. Otherwise burgeristan wouldn't be full of fat people, and we'd all be on Soylent or intravenous food.
Not dying is only part of the reason.

Now, if you ruin the holyday for everyone, it will also doom equestria, alright. But that's not the only reason she changes her way.
She's not having fun against her will to avoid windigos killing her.

If the only part of the lesson you understood is MANDATORY FUN, you're missing 2/3rds of it, and the fact that Luna's song was the last is irrelevant, every part of it was important.
>>
this was the first episode I ever skipped

not only because I´m not in a christmas mood in may, but also because it´s just anooother "A christmas carol" story made by a cartoon. When they were like "OHMYGOSH Y U DUN LIKE PRESINTS AN CANDEEE?" and "HEY U GOTTA LURN DA TRU SPIRIT OF CHRISTMUS" I had to stop :B

otherwise the grease would have killed me
>>
>>27365738
I think you'll enjoy it much more if you watch it at christmas eve. Is don't know why I didn't think of that.
>>
>>27365610
But that's plain shit writting, because instead of accenuation of an established moral, they went with windigos.

And you see, they didn't even have any choice, because they wrote themselves in the corner by establishing this absolutely unreasonable desire of Snow Frost to get rid of heart warmming eve.

And even if agree on the fact that the main moral is "you should spend your time with loved ones etc." It doesn't really work. Because some retarded-ass Freudian reason, as well as showing of how people enjoy the celebration (and also hate you for not conforming to their standards) is hardly enough of a reason to change your established worldview you lived with your whole life.

It would've worked, if Snow Frost had just left them alone, but the way it is I don't see her changing her mind on the topic of participation in celebration. The problem, which I have to notice, was the main reason this story was told in the first place.

But if we take into consideration, that she was emotionally traumatised by the last hallucination to the point where she became so afraid of wendigos that she just had to celebrate to be sure that she wouldn't be the reason of Equestria's destruction, it kind of makes sense imo.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.