[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuck everyone who called this episode, or any episode of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Kill Yourself Anon.jpg (44 KB, 493x250) Image search: [Google]
Kill Yourself Anon.jpg
44 KB, 493x250
fuck everyone who called this episode, or any episode of this show boring, you're a lame no attention span millennial, i'm guessing non of you can't sit in a movie theater either, all day texting in the middle of a movie or the episode because your attention span is that small, is that why you dropped from school anon? because your attention span was that small?, and just cut your throats now, hanging yourself is too good because you have a chance of survival.
>>
>>27359362
It was a rehash of an existing story and we didn't actually see most of our cast during the episode.
>>
>>27359362
>>
>>27359362
This episode didn't accomplish much, in and out of universe.
>>
>>27359380
like who? who didn't we see?
or do you not get historical adaptations?
also, it isn't a rehash if it's a new take on it.
>>
>>27359362
I liked every other episode this season.
>>
>>27359394
Yeah, even the Crystalling gave us lots to think about.
>>
>>27359394
>in universe
it gave us a little bit more into starlight's character, she didn't experience hearth's warming and wasn't gonna participate. it's a break from the formula of the series and the songs were some of the best of the series.
>>
>>27359362
>If I dont agree with the idea of an episode being good, I need to kill myself

Your autism is flaring anong. The only episodes I -really- didn't like were Newbie Dash and the Crystalling P1/2. While this episode was okay, I don't give much of a shit for story adaptions, but even I can admit that it was visually and musically well handled.
>>
>>27359362
>How dare you dislike what I like!
But in all seriousness, getting upset because someone doesn't share your view is silly.
>>
>>27359362
I prefer comfy or silly stories, this was neither.
>>
>>27359427
>>27359446
that clearly wasn't what i was saying, i said if you were bored by a musical episode of MLP there is nothing in the world outside of pewdiepie that could fulfill your short attention spans.

that's why you should kill yourself (not if you think it's bad)
>>
>>27359447
how was, at least pinkie's part not silly and fun?
>>
>>27359423
That's it really, we really didn't explore that and instead we were given a tale we were told a bunch of times, but because it is fiction within fiction, it really has no affect on the greater narrative.
>>
>>27359481
if the story didn't engage starlight she wouldn't have joined the party,
>literally the point of the episode
>>
>>27359473
Because SnowFall and the Future ghost pushed the tension too much.

I prefer Simple Ways, Pinkie Pride, Power Ponies, and Lesson Zero for silly.
>>
File: what.png (609 KB, 665x502) Image search: [Google]
what.png
609 KB, 665x502
>>27359401
>it isn't a rehash if it's a new take on it.
what was new about it anon? No because to me it looked like a christmas carol in the mlp word. Also songs were mediocre and forgettable.
>>
>>27359499
I would have preferred an episode with Starlight actively learning a lesson, it was a framing device not a plot device.
>>
>>27359447
The tension was too much for me.
>>
>>27359362
I wish we got an episode actually focused on our mane cast, not an episode where our mane cast plays other characters.
>>
>>27359459
But it is what you said. See >>27359362
>fuck everyone who called this episode, or any episode boring.
Some episodes will be boring to someone for one reason or another, it'll happen. I, personally, tend to find pinkie centered episodes a tad boring the sight gags and referencing a tad over done but thats just an opinion. There's no need to be upset over someones taste.
>>
>>27359459
Anon, this may sound strange, but you don't have to have a lacking attention span to be bored with an episode. A good number of anons who also observed the episode were "bored" simply because the songs didn't hold much interest to them out of personal taste or the episode itself didn't give them what they had hoped for in the slightest.
>>
>>27359511
>>27359525
those legitimately aren't complaints towards the episode, we will probably get those eventually, this wasn't aspiring to be one, or tried to. you can push the same complaint towards the season premiere
i can say this episode was bad because it didn't focus on derpy getting fucked by that christmas tree but that doesn't make it a legitimate criticism towards the episode.
>>
>>27359546
yes, but 'boring' is one of the weakest stupidest complaints you can bring up to describe something. along with 'overrated' and 'overhyped' if you use any of those words in your critique or just giving your opinion on something, i see you as an idiot.
>>
>>27359551
The Season Premiere at least gave us continuity and character development.
>>
>>27359621
>a moral starlight doesn't know is read to her
>in this show learning friendship lessons counts for character development
>the fact she just sits for a few hours listening to twilight babble on about her favorite book is facinating to her
>at the end she comes out acting like she learned the moral that came from the book that was read to her
if that isn't subtle character development i don't know what is.
>>
>>27359656
The premiere gave us way more, Sunburst, taught us about the Crystal Empire traditions, as well as introducing Flurry Heart and finally giving Twilight's parents voices.

That was MUCH more exciting to me.
>>
>>27359677
>Luna song
>drops mic
>>
>>27359621
Yeah I found that much more entertaining.
>>
>>27359702
Didn't she already have a role in You'll Play Your Part.
>>
we finally have a musical episode without any pacing problems, yet 4chan always finds the most minute nothing non existant imaginary problems to hold on to, in order to bitch and keep this fandom negative, well, no longer. i myself will attempt single handedly to make 4chan great again. make this the board it used to be, the best board on 4chan.
>>
>>27359718
still not a solo song.
>>
>>27359677
The concept didn't allow for that, or rather we would have needed another story about the history of Hearths Warming.
It is a story within a fictional world, if you don't like it there is not much to save. It doesn't help it is essentially A Christmas Carol.
>>
>>27359722
It wasn't a bad episode it was just boring.
>>27359732
I'll be more excited when it is actually Luna.
>>
>>27359749
please read V
>>27359362
>>
>>27359764
I didn't like the premise which made everything else harder to get me invested. It was a tale within a tale of a rehashed tale, you can't see how that might turn some people off?
>>
>>27359789
i can understand that, but just don't call it boring
>>
>>27359828
But it was boring.
>>
>>27359828
That is the DEFINITION of boring.
>>
>>27359828
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boring
dull, mind-numbing (colloquial), tedious

Describes this episode well.
>>
File: you're a faggot.png (162 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
you're a faggot.png
162 KB, 500x298
>>27359841
>>27359854
>>27359879
>>
>>27359362
It was a pretty boring episode.
>>
>>27359510
Okay, now you are going too fucking far pal.
>>
>>27361234
This. The episode was entertaining to me at some extent, because the songs were amazing.
>>
>>27359362
It had a boring premise at least.
>>
>>27359362
Season 6 is boring as fuck. How can you guys sit through this shit and say it's good?
>>
>>27362791
Gauntlet of Fire was great.
>>
>>27359910
>Getting triggered by the word "boring"

>>27362791
Its pretty average.
GoF was pretty good, NSP and GoMP were alright. The rest has been mostly shit, unfortunately.
>>
>>27359828
It was pretty boring.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.