[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
welp, i'm anticipating a masterpiece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14
File: Capture.jpg (34 KB, 605x292) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
34 KB, 605x292
welp, i'm anticipating a masterpiece
>>
>>27352785
>not dropping your hype levels to negative levels for every episode

It's like you want to be disappointed
>>
File: 1458858819734.gif (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458858819734.gif
164 KB, 500x500
Post yfw this episode is actually one of the best so far in the show and Mike Vogel haters commit mass suicide.
>>
File: 1461770168849.gif (79 KB, 640x404) Image search: [Google]
1461770168849.gif
79 KB, 640x404
>>27352801
>>
>>27352801
>>
File: Stop Being A Faggot.png (231 KB, 1148x1148) Image search: [Google]
Stop Being A Faggot.png
231 KB, 1148x1148
>>27352790
>>
>>27352801
I can already see that they fucked up by not including Discord into it. This will be nothing but shitty songs for bronies and Starlight show.
>>
>>27352906
De Lancie's expensive yo. He only has two episodes this season and judging from what he said about it taking a year for them to air ti's likely the twoparter finale.
>>
It'll be even worse than last week's episode. Screencap this.
>>
File: 1445212208781.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1445212208781.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>27352785
>Hasbro exec writing it
>Starlight in it
>musical
Are we hyping for Daniel Ingram to shit on some generic songs or for yet another Christmas Carol parody and"Christmas Dragons" ?
Seriously, Disney did it better, this is just poor's man attempt.
>>
File: you're a faggot.png (162 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
you're a faggot.png
162 KB, 500x298
>>27352941
>hasbro exec
also a fan of the show who showed his interest and knowlege on the show in the dvd commentaries
>starlight in it
yes, best pony/best singer/best
>musical
the three musical episodes are the three best episodes of the show.
>retarded frog
>>
>>27352965
Witness the post of a shill.
>>
>>27352965
Starlisht is a cheap clone of Sunset Shimmer. Name me 3 personality traits that differ her from Sunset.
>>
>>27352785
Let me guess, a lot of references and favourite bg ponies. This is going to be pandering episode. Let's hope that the cirnge will not kill us.
>>
>>27352785
>BEST EPISODE OF MLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>viewership lower than Princess Spike

KEK
>>
>>27352978
>being twilight's pupil
>having a friend outside the mane 6
>having a mindwashing cult.
>being a communist
>a complete season of redemption insted of a movie
>not being socially aware
>sunset tried to fix her problems with friendship starlight fixes her problems with magic
>and is not a replacement for twilight.
need more anon, or do you give up and admitting you're a retarded faggot
>>
File: 1426401125342.png (177 KB, 403x368) Image search: [Google]
1426401125342.png
177 KB, 403x368
>>27352965
>Starlight
>best anything
Seth, please
>>
>>27353002
>none of it is a psychoological trait that distinguish her from Sunset
You only proved that you can't read and that she is indeed a clone. Typical glimmer fags, or actually Sunset fag in denial.
>>
>>27353021
>implying communism isn't a psychological trait.
starlight had an adgenda, sunset just went mad with power.
you're the one who can't read anon
>>
>>27352965
>>27352975
Twilight Sparkle will be no longer a princess in the S6 finale.
>>
>>27352978
>>27353021
not that anon, but:
-Starlight actually enjoys having a twisted personality, while sunset is a goody two shoes now and only falls back to her old personality when she is VERY stressed.
-Starlight has actual paranoia in regards to her new life, while Sunset knows she is a good person now but still needs to work on herself
-Starlight was doing her first evil act for the sake of others, even if it was with twisted morale, while Sunset merely was an egoistic bitch.
>>
File: 1453671954113.gif (837 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1453671954113.gif
837 KB, 300x168
>>27353042
>Starlight actually enjoys having a twisted personality, while sunset is a goody two shoes now and only falls back to her old personality when she is VERY stressed.

True, in that regard, she is closer to Discord who still remained mostly a bastard but she just try to learn. The only autistic thing about her is that she suppose to have parents and close ones who would teach her to behave and not enslave other ponies or at least notice that when they were visiting her. Her suddnely changeing because of 5 minute interaction with Twilight is much more similar to Sunset redemption.

>Starlight has actual paranoia in regards to her new life, while Sunset knows she is a good person now but still needs to work on herself
I can't see anything regarding that to be something more than headcanon. She was casually mentioning her villanous past like Susnet did in Rainbow Rocks. Ponies also mistrusted her and Trixie and gave them evil eye like the students did with Sunset.

>Starlight was doing her first evil act for the sake of others, even if it was with twisted morale, while Sunset merely was an egoistic bitch.

Bullshit. She didn't removed her own cutie mark. She did it to become special among other ponies, it was purely egoistic. Her communist agenda was just working as an excuse. She doesn't beleive any of it now and stopped preaching when it turned out that she was just missing Sunburst, not becasue she loved equality.
>>
>>27353062
>Bullshit. She didn't removed her own cutie mark. She did it to become special among other ponies, it was purely egoistic. Her communist agenda was just working as an excuse. She doesn't beleive any of it now and stopped preaching when it turned out that she was just missing Sunburst, not becasue she loved equality.

literally she said she didn't remove her cutie mark because she wanted to still have the ability to remove cutie marks. without hers, she \couldn't do it numb skull
>>
>watching the show
ayyyyyyy
>>
>>27353062
>She was casually mentioning her villanous past like Susnet did in Rainbow Rocks
how so? Everytime it was brought up, she sulked in shame

>Bullshit. She didn't removed her own cutie mark
not only what >>27353080 said, but people like you ignored a huge aspect of her character in those two episodes: While her magic and cutie mark remained, she NEVER used them ONCE during the entire time she was in that town. Only when everything was revealed she decided to screw it and run away using special magic.
In other words, while everyone else had to be forced to be equal, she deliberately did it all on her own and only used it to make others the same way.
>>
>>27352965
>hasbro exec
>also a fan of the show
You can't be both since Hasbro have no problem fucking it all up.
>Best pony.
She's a cardboard copy of Sunset Shimmer, and already terrible character.
>Musicals are the best.
MMC was one of the worst episodes in the show, you liar.
>>
>>27353172
>You can't be both since Hasbro have no problem fucking it all up.
are you retarded or something?
>She's a cardboard copy of Sunset Shimmer, and already terrible character.
>>27352978
>>27353002
>>27353021
>>27353030
>>27353042
>>27353062
>>27353080
>>27353098
>implying magical mystery cure was the problem and not your shit taste
i implore you to find one flaw in that episode, which isn't a mandatory thing by hasbro.
>>
>>27352965
How can a hasbro exec become writer? WTF? Aren't ther SUPPOSE to be writers for that? Not just some friend of a showrunner who want to boost his career in a genre that he has no experience with? This is fucked up and the fact that bronies are buying it show how much this series deserve to be canceled.]

It's like fans would rejoice that Cartoon Network director would write the new Samurai Jack movie not caring as long as there are moving pictures on screen.
>>
>>27353193
>>
>>27353197
>How can a hasbro exec become writer? WTF? Aren't ther SUPPOSE to be writers for that?
It goes like this:
Mike Vogel: "Guys I am your boss so I am going to be writing an episode, ok?"
All: "OK."
>>
>>27353197
Why just not cut the middle man and have the Hasbro Executives write the episodes and mail them to DHX to animate? Why even bothering with Story editor and freelance writers? They already weed out the oriignal creators of the show, they might as well write it themselves instead hiring some generic people who dodn't give a fuck about this cartoon anyway.
>>
>>27353209
That's not how it works.

He stepped down from his position.

His scripts have to go through the same approval process as everyone else. He can't fast-track his own stuff.
>>
>>27352785
It cant be worse than the last one. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>27353193
Being a Hasbro exec who's a fan is like being a communist American, a contradiciton.
>i implore you to find one flaw in that episode
Pacing is terrible.
The fact that it's two episode shoved into one.
Completely flips how CMs works on their head, which is then retconned.
Resolution comes literally out of nowhere.

And of course, Twilicorn itself.
>But not wut I wanted.
I'm abiding by normal argument limits, not ones you set up so you can win an argument without trying.
>>
>>27353221
>The same approval process as everyone else.
Which has to follow standards set by Hasbro, not the staff.
>>
>>27353221

And before anyone goes "i bet thats bullshit why would somebody accept less money"

He also stepped down to be executive producer on the production of the 2017 MLP movie, so by all means he is still making GOOD fucking money if not better that pays for his Los Angeles flat, so no, he's not starving, he just wanted to have fun with a more hands-on position.

>>27353224

Except Vogel was never a Hasbro exec, he was Hasbro's Studios VP whose main job was to organize communication between the toy people in Rhode Island and the cartoon people in Burbank. He wasn't the guy that asked for Twilicorn, he was the guy that walked in "guys the big boss wants wings on twilight".
>>
>>27353209
This case is just a corporate owner baking bread instead of a baker just because he own his business.
>>
>>27353224
>Pacing is terrible.
bad pacing is overly slow, overly fast pacing isn't really as much of a problem and makes the episode more rewatchable
>The fact that it's two episode shoved into one.
hasbro mandate and if it was a two parter, it'd be exactly like return of harmony
>completely flips how CM's works on their head, which is then retconned.
not really, the cutie marks are determined by the pony, and are interpritable by them. they are like tatoos, they don't actually impact you on your actual ability to understand wtf you're supposed to do.
>resolution comes out of nowhere
was built up the first thing in the episode being twilight getting a letter from celestia.

think a bit anon.
>>
Glimmerfags are delusional if they think Glimmer is anything more than Sunset 2.0.
>>
File: 1455740280838.png (83 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
1455740280838.png
83 KB, 211x244
>>27353221
Bullshit. He is working as an official Hasbro producer for the MLP movie. He isn't a writer there, he oversee it for toy insertons.

He just moved form a postion where he had less creative power over it to a postiion where he can tell everyone how to write this show. He is the one approving the scripts with McCarthy. And since he wa the one who made McCarthy a big fish in Hasbro, his input into the story is more important that McCarthy. Or at least she will consider it more important. She was sucking up to him since Lauren era and she was rewarded ever since.
>>
So what do you think the show focus audience the most?
Bronies, little girls or autistic people?
>>
>>27353233
There is no big boss. The only people who even knew what Twilight or Alicorn is were Mike and Biran Lenard. The big boss just wanted more profit and it was Mikes retarded idea to have multiply Princesses and Wedding couples to appeal to the kids as well as reformation of fan favourite Discord.
>>
>>27353256
Vogel is pretty much an unoffical head writer for this show. McCarthy and Haber are just figure heads that got the job in the first place thanks to Vogel.

Since writers all do brainstorms for the new season i can imagine that whatever Vogel will think about, everyone at the table will agree with him as the good lap dogs they are. Doesn't matter if it's a lesbian couple or shipping. Everyone knows that beside Lauren Faust, he had the most input into the show since S1. He is their unquestonable mentor and everything he say is canon.
>>
>>27353244
>overly fast pacing isn't really as much of a problem and makes the episode more rewatchable
You're a retard. Fast pacing is just as bad, since there's a reason "rushed scene" is a valid criticism acoss every form of TV and cinema when it's used.
>hasbro mandate and if it was a two parter, it'd be exactly like return of harmony
They didn't mandate change in ROH that completely changed the entire episode.
>the cutie marks are determined by the pony
They're supposed to be guides to your special talent, yet it contradicted previous episodes for the sake of a conflict.
>was built up the first thing in the episode being twilight getting a letter from celestia.
No, she lost all hope then suddenly had it all again. The conflict was established at the start, the resolution wasn't.

Hell, Larson himself said after escaping that the episode could have been improved, but Hasbro ruined it by having lots cut from the scripts.
>>
>>27353290
He said the comics and books are canon.
>>
>>27353303
He approve most of them and were confirmed to appear in person to approve Fiendship series. He's probably considering them canon. And since he has Amy Mebberson as his perosnal artist for his books it is safe to assume that the Guardians of Hamrony series features in the comics is probably his idea.
>>
>>27353269

Factualy wrong, I have the Transformers Prime dvd commentary and it was very much the same proccess, Vogel is in it and he talks about how sometimes the boss, rhode island toy teams, they ask for stuff to be put in the show and you try to make it fit but sometimes you just have to do it regardless of if it'll work or not, which is why it's important to have creative writers who can twist toy mandate into something cool or funny.

So there is definitely stuff that gets pushed by it's core concept. The toy people have certain toys need that they just can't ignore and I'm certain Twilicorn was one of those considering that for the first 2 years they had Princess pony toys out for season 1 and 2 so it makes sense they'd push for a third toy of the same SKU for the third season and toy wave.
>>
>>27353362

Dude don't bother, it's the Vogel shitposter, he's the same shit as the engrish spewing retard that goes "McCarthy is racist and has NO CHANCE IN HELL!"
>>
File: Pinkie_Pie_haters_gonna_hate.gif (923 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie_Pie_haters_gonna_hate.gif
923 KB, 240x240
>>27352801
>>
File: StopAnytime.png (230 KB, 1148x1148) Image search: [Google]
StopAnytime.png
230 KB, 1148x1148
>>27352819
I made this fixed version last year, use it
>>
>>27352801
:^)
>>
Hehe! And when it's shit, us kids can make Twitter accounts and harass Vogel and Miller! No one can stop is, not even our moms!
>>
>>27353562
Even if its isnt shit he's gonna get harrased, like every other "famous" person on twitter, if you get hurt by a mean comment on the internet you should really grow a pair
>>
https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/731502848488419331
>>
>>27352785
Well I'm masterpating and anticipiece.
>>
>>27352801
Talk about the most wrong post on the board.
>>
>>27355774
Found the Vogel hater
>>
Yup. That was an episode.
>>
>>27352801
I can already see the hasdrones will eat it up even when it's the most obnoxious, over the top, pretentious piece of shit of an episode.

Somebody please give me a link to a new board so I don't have to endure the endless droning in the next couple of hours.
>>
>>27355774

Anon actually meant >>27355774
>>
>>27355850
>>>/mlphate/
go there and dont come back.
>>
It was shit. At this point I doubt everything Jim says
>>
>>27355892
I won't call it shit, even though musical episodes are shit, because Pinkie and especially Luna were great.

But if that is their best, then this truly is a dead season. They need to stick to what their good at, I,E. shitting on Rainbow Trash
>>
He was...kinda right
>>
>>27355921
Songs were mediocre and unispired. Episode was a Christmas Carol remake, it's not ike every single show had one and they were equally boring and an excuse to have an easy christmas episode. Hearth's Warming Eve was an actual good way to do a chritmas episode.
>>
While this one was better executed, I preferred the older Hearth's Warming episode. At least we learned some interesting stuff about Equestria and how it came to be while still getting a good story out of it.
>>
>>27355974
nice b8ch
>>
i'm glad i forgot about this message, i would have been disappointed by an okay episode.

Because something as clichee as a christmas carol copy can't really be called "best all around episodes ever done", even though i like those parodies
>>
>>27352785

He posted this with Vogel's Jew dick in his mouth, obviously.
>>
>>27352785
Read Jim's twitter, asshole.

he already said he was going to shill and hype up the series as much as he wants and he will not care a shit if you don't like the episodes of if you feel hyped up.

He turned into a complete douchebag.
>>
>>27355816
The episode was clearly shit, m8.
>>
>>27358438
nice b8
>>
>>27356374
>Songs were mediocre and unispired.

Kill yourself.

>>27357159
The butthurt...so glorious.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.