[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could visit your younger self one month prior to discovering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
If you could visit your younger self one month prior to discovering pony, what would you tell them, either about pony, 4chan, or life in general? Try to think back to that era in your life.

And you don't have to say "bring back future winning lottery ticket/racehorse results" because that's just obvious.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 720x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 720x548
>>27346662
I would beg them to check social media before starting any relationships. That's screwed me up a lot since then.
>>
>>27346662
I would tell that fucker to make cash. Rob some people if you had to. There was no way the cops were going to find out, trust me, I would know.

Hopefully by now I'd have some spare cash to fuck around with. Nah, I would have the cash, it's not even a question. But fucking cops dude.
>>
>>27346662
Don't quit your job, Drop out of college instead. Put all money not focused on loan repayment in Hasbro stock $85 today. (low 30$ during season 2 when I got into this shit)
>>
I wouldn't be that young, I'd only be 25.
>>
>>27346662
I'd tell myself to get the fuck off of DeviantArt and start browsing 4chan and only browse /pol/ /k/ /x/ and /out/ and to will Romney into office because I control the meme magic
>>
>>27346662
I'd tell him not to jump....
>>
Try to reign back all that weird sexual shit, don't stop drawing for years because you'll want to again and then be shit at it, stop second guessing yourself, don't fuck ashley, do not give up on high school, calm the fuck down, don't start stealing your dad's liquor to try and be less miserable, try and shoot for a higher education, start learning code. Can't think of much else but I know there's more.
>>
>>27346662
>If you could visit your younger self one month prior to discovering pony, what would you tell them, either about pony, 4chan, or life in general?
I'm going to tell him this. "Don't even think about it!"
>>
>>27347373
Well he didn't do a very good job so...
>>
>>27346662

Embrace what you will discover and enjoy it without becoming a maniac. Stay off 4chan before you become 18 and embrace any suffering.
>>
>>27346662
how to make lots and lots of money by giving him up the ideas of upcoming trends, gadgets, etc. even some lottery numbers for starters
>>
>>27346662
Stay away from /ttg/
>>
I'll tell him to make a pony website.
>>
>>27348589
Should have thought of the Brony Bux, become horse famous and leech off of my fanbase for a few years..
>>
File: DragonBallPony.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DragonBallPony.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>27346662
I would tell my past self to stop being a pussy and talk to a certain girl, and tell him to start practicing writing greentext stories so he can git gud at it. Before I would leave I would hug him, and say "the ride never ends. Good luck and Godspeed faggot. Peace out m8."
>>
>>27346662
I would tell myself to fucking quit Walgreens instead of slaving there for another year, and go volunteering. Found a real job that way. Best decision I ever made. My only regret was not doing it sooner.
>>
It'd go a little something like this:

Sup Anon, let me just talk for a minute. Your girlfriend; dump her. She isn't worth your time, trust me. Fallout 4 comes out November 10th, 2015. DO NOT LET JESSIE GO ON THE TRIP TO MEXICO, HE WILL DIE. Visit grandpa at least once every two weeks, he won't make it past 2014. Trump will run for president. Also poni is pretty cool, you'll be jacking it to clop within a month I promise.
>>
Started writing a message to my past self, but kept going because I thought it might benefit single anons who are in college and at the verge of "the real world" like I was.

"Hey Faggot, I'm you 5 years from now. Clean the gum out of your ears and take notes, because the future is as unexpected and illogical as it is awful.

First, stop obsessing over these college girls, they're all whores and you deserve better than any of them. Most women suck in general, but you're literally surrounded by the worst ones. There's like, maybe 10 chicks you meet in 5 years who give a shit about honor, being a better human, or making the world a better place, and half of them are lesbians or on 4chan where you'll never meet them in person, the rest pretty much just spout things about equality or diversity because it makes them feel like they're doing something important without actually giving any effort.

I know you want to believe there's more to a woman than gold-digging and chocolate-receptors, but after more fancy handmade art gifts and love poems than I can count you're still gonna be lonely and miserable. All those things about being a gentleman and putting women on pedestals is bullshit, because, bad news, nice guys finish last. Be a handsome jerk who shows up late and eats other people's food, and you'll get more attention from women, because humans are still cavemen with hunter-gatherer mating instincts. For the low price of 30 pushups a day and some decent running shoes, you too can look like all the dumb jocks they swoon over. Stop trying to pick one you think would be awesome to date, just ask as many girls out as you know. Just be all like, "I'm getting coffee, would like to hang out," and some of them will say yes, and one of those will be a decent human being. Even if you were extremely picky, there are about 150,000 women out there you could be happily married to.
>>
>>27349879
Part of the loneliness isn't your fault, college is a depressing fucking scenario where everyone who's there is competing with one another, and everyone who's not there thinks that college kids are lazy party animals; plus, you're too broke for fun adventure shit and your time off is in the bumfuck dead of winter, so every december you better shine a sunlamp at your face for 30 minutes each day or you're gonna sit around moping every time you have days off. There's a reboot of My Little Pony coming out that can help you feel less sad, just fucking watch it.

Start looking up information about confidence, it's extremely easy and you're almost there already. The trick is to aknowledge that you have no idea what you're doing, and waltz into any given situation anyway, because you can fucking figure it out. It goes back to cavemen theory again; no one else knows what they're doing either, but if they smell fear on you they'll assume they know more than you do. You almost always know what to do, but you gotta move with a purpose and pretend it hasn't even occurred to you that you might be talking outta your ass, or people who think they know better than you do will invariably try to take charge and fuck shit up that you could have done better. The only time it's important to look like you know what you're doing, is when you don't.
>>
>>27349892
Work smarter, not harder. Ask people for help more often. Every single goddamn time you think someone is more capable than you are because they have more awards or grades or whatever, you find out later that they had help, or kinda-sorta cheated, or completely fucking cheated. 99% of the things you think are "cheap" or "too easy to be the 'right' way to do something" are bullshit. Do all of them. Use study guides/cliff notes/whatever, borrow resources from people, ask people who have done whatever you're about to do what worked for them and what they wish they'd done differently. The people who ARE successful in life will look at you funny when you DON'T take the easy way out, because that's how they got where they are.

You're going to be awesome, and the future is going to be okay. But you gotta believe that you're capable of way more than you think you are right now, because the only thing standing between you and everything you could ever want is fear. Fear of failure, fear of people, fear of what you might become if the decision you're making is the "wrong" one. There are no "wrong" desicions, there are only actions and consequences. If you're worried about becoming an asshole, you're already not an asshole, and you deserve to be happy, just as much as the other 7 billion fucks 'tarding around on this planet. Find what you're good at and what you enjoy doing; keep asking yourself how you can be better in other ways; keep looking out for your fellow anons.

Also, you're going to fap to a cartoon horse from now on, but that's way more common after 2011 than anyone would have ever guessed. There are entire websites dedicated to it.

Say hi to Moot for me."
>>
>>27346662
One month from today you'll find MLP, this show is gonna fuck you good senpai, trust me. but as a bonus or side effect, you'll feel really productive every saturday after a new episode. Use this desire to create to actually make something and save some dosh because it's gonna be the only day of the week your sorry ass will have the strenght to get out of bed.

It's gonna be very important to save that money and, if you can, invest in a future doll line based on the ponies, it's gonna be a Monster High rip off, hard to miss it. They're gonna be ugly as sin but don't fret, it's gonna sell like hot cakes in south america and we're gonna be swimming in mad dosh famalamadingdong.

You could also actually study and get that shit degree but we both know that deep down you don't give a shit about it. if you can endure it and give me that piece of paper to hang out in my room I won't be mad though.

If you choose to disregard my advice, as I know you will, I can only tell you to kill yourself now, cuz it won't get any better.
>>
>>27346662
"invest in VR startups"
>>
>>27346662
>2011
>junior year of high school
"Take the fucking ACT you retard!"
"Oh and that lump on your leg is a cancerous tumor, get that thing removed before it spreads.
>>
I just love it all over my face
>>
>>27346662
Download all the fanmade pony music you can before it disappears from youtube.

Also, if you get pony merch, don't bring that shit to school. Just... don't.
>>
>>27347355
This, I was also mostly screwing around deviantard when sweet drama was going on on /mlp/.
>>
>>27346662
>f you could visit your younger self one month prior to discovering pony, what would you tell them, either about pony, 4chan, or life in general? Try to think back to that era in your life.
Tell myself to like pony
Then my past self will do the same with another month added and do the same, and that one will do the same and so on and so forth until i am a child, then i will tell my young self everything he needs to know to lead a successful life
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.