[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me why you think this episode is bad, without using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 19
Explain to me why you think this episode is bad, without using the word "cringe".
>>
>>27300572
It was cringy
>>
Not enough Nyx.
>>
>>27300572
I cringed so hard
>>
>>27300572
It focused on the wrong problem. It should have been about Dashies hubris, trying to one up all the Wonderbolts, instead it focuses on the name that she was bullied with and how she could change her image because of it.
>>
>>27300572
The only problem this episode actually had was no Starlight anywhere. There is no reason she wouldn't have been hanging out with the rest of the M6 watching RD's performance with the Wonderbolts.
>>
>>27300572
RD acted like an immature fucking retard as usual.
>>
>>27300572
The only thing that bugged me was her imitating her friends. What was she trying to accomplish? They weren't going for a "just be yourself" lesson.

Actually, what exactly is the lesson? You're not the only one that gets picked on?
>>
>>27300572
But that's literally the main part that was bad about it. It was just so bad in that regard that the good stuff got surpassed, similar to how the cute Twilight stuff and the Fargo Pone were overridden by every other aspect of Princess Spike
>>
>>27300572
It has nothing to offer other than Rainbow being a Wonderbolt. No memories to carry in the future. No realization in life. No characterization. What happens in the episode, stays in the episode.
>>
>>27300636
Great for new writers.
>>
>>27300572
Saying that hazing or similar behaviors is acceptable works with a military organization, but not on anything else.
>>
File: 1427125143585.gif (89 KB, 401x348) Image search: [Google]
1427125143585.gif
89 KB, 401x348
>>27300649
Benefit of literally-who writers in sacrifice for the quality of the show? Is that what you want? Not to mention one of the most important episodes.
>>
>>27300671
Does it really even matter if a -1 becomes a -2? The show was shitty before this episode and it's going to be just as shitty after next one. The only real reason that any of us watch this anymore is nostalgia. There is no more quality in FiM. The best smut writers on this board is better than the moronic writers the show currently has.
>>
>>27300572
CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE
>>
>>27300708
The CMC episode was really good. Diamond Tiara development, and Silver Spoon's perspective on Diamond Tiara's treatment towards her. etc...
>>
CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE
>>
>>27300708
Oh, look at that. Another doompauling faggot.

That's new.
>>
>>27300741
>>27300737
Oh, look. A spamming faggot.

That's... actually, I haven't seen one of those in a long time.
>>
>>27300572
>>27300652
>>27296621
>>
>>27300751
AM I BEING DETAINED?!
>>
>>27300737
>>27300741
Trixeyr Trixiea Trixeyr Trixiea Trixeyr Trixiea Trixeyr Trixiea
>>
>>27300774
FOOTBALL
>>
>>27300572
Imagine if in Crusaders of the Lost Mark, the CMC get their cutie marks right in the intro and the rest of the episode is them fighting over which cutie mark is the best.

That's how I feel towards this episode.
>>
>>27300572
top cunt
>>
>>27300572
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc3-JtRHJf0
>>
>>27300630
"Hazing is just a thing to accept"
>>
Are you convinced now OP?
>>
>>27300751
Actually, we're different people. Hivemind I guess.
>>
>>27300607
She is hanging around her new best friend with that i mean she is fucking Trixie
>>
>>27300572
The parts where RD mimics her friends is really badly written.
>>
>>27301305
Um caremare was the best thing ever, excuse you.
>>
>>27301305
That was the point.
>>
>>27300630
The lesson was to not sperg out and act retarded over something trivial.
>>
>>27300572
The dumb flashback scene where she ended up going through the exact same situation. Just a cheap way to get filly dash in there so people would have their cuteness triggered.

The dumb shit with Scootaloo. I mean, this was total nonsense, couldn't they have thought of something better? And by the way, the Scootaloo kidnap scene dragged on way too long, stalling for time.

Apparently, Rainbow Dash is an idiot who thought that she should copy the personalities of her friends. This was just dumb to be honest, and really made what would have otherwise been a good episode crash and burn. Not many people will be re-watching this one.
>>
>>27300572
No body can did that
Except he is lies
>>
>>27300572
It wasn't terrible, 5-6/10. I just don't like RD, or the WB all that much.
>>
>>27300744

It wont be possible to eternally be an hypocrite about how bland, wait, how bad it<s steadily been going.

This show in the long term is a mess, season 3 was a mistake to give birth to a retarded spin off that will have given us 3 average and forgettable movies while every seasons after that is a train derailing, forgetting everything that made this show adorable and so fresh in the first place.

There is no redemption for this show anymore, this episode was 1/10 +3 because ponies, for what it mean anymore... Take this script and substitute every character with the one from another show and it become utter shit and blandtastic.
>>
>>27300572
Because Rainbow Dash is fucking trash
>>27300607
That's not a problem because who the fuck would ever want to hang out with some mopey bald shitstain like her
>>
File: 1462646372681.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462646372681.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>27300630
I agree with this
All scenes were okay except THAT FUCKING IMITATING PART! If she was human, I bet she would be racist
>>
>>27300572
Ugh
>>
>>27300607

Just because they hang out with her out of pity from time to time, doesn't mean they always need to keep her around. Twilight probably has given her some dumb, boring task to keep her busy so she wouldn't ruin the big day.
>>
>>27301562
new rainbow manestyles though
>>
>>27300572
>Explain to me why you think this episode is bad, without using the word "cringe".

alright
Rainbow Dash
>>
>>27300606
I agree with this. She is just so terrible at working in a team and not trying to show off. But my main gripe with the episode is that it was just sort of boring. I don't think it was "cringey", Rainbow's actions were fairly realistic, the episode just felt meh.
>>
>>27300572
What is that scene in OP's pic? Is RD's imagination being depicted or what?
>>
>>27300572
Are you Dave Rapp? Hey, Dave, I just wanted to say FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.
>>
>>27300630
>Actually, what exactly is the lesson?
"The people who do seemingly hurtful things aren't always trying to hurt you, so learn to handle the bantz and you'll make fast friends."
>>
>>27300606
Dash trying to prove that she doesn't live up to her nickname does tie in to her hubris, though.

I'd say this episode was great, not only because we actually get to see Dash grow and mature as a character, but also because the Wonderbolt were actually portrayed as competent for once.
>>
>>27302181
>the Wonderbolt were actually portrayed as competent for once
So they were OOC.
>>
>>27301393
>The dumb flashback scene where she ended up going through the exact same situation. Just a cheap way to get filly dash in there so people would have their cuteness triggered.
I am 90% sure it was just to remind viewers of an important element from a previous episode, which you usually have to do in a syndicated show with any continuity. They did it with the poison joke in Filli Vanilli, too.
>>
>>27300572
Go to hell and kill yourself, you spaghetti-dropping autist.
>>
>>27302178
What a hypocritical and bullshitting "moral".
>>
>>27302208
It's a realistic one.
>>
>>27302178
where was this lesson 10 years ago when i needed it
>>
>>27302211
You're insane.
>>
>>27302220
not the same guy but he is right, when i was a kid i got a shitty nickname too and i fucking did half of the shit topcunt did on the episode, today i cringe at how fucking blind i was back in the day
>>
File: tumblr_lz2yft7IU61qcf27go1_250.gif (621 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz2yft7IU61qcf27go1_250.gif
621 KB, 250x141
>>27302211
>>27302217
>>27302231

You want to know what a real children's cartoon is suppose to be like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2kx8vJBR_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFobkGQxP-M
>>
>>27302231
Did you autists and redditors even have a childhood to nostalgia about?

You're always so pessimistic and without innocence. It's like you were raised in Afghanistan to execute since you were 5 years old.
You're a very weird depressed generation and you have no reason to be so negative and zombie-fied about everything.
>>
>>27302231
So any episode they made about Dash getting a shitty nickname would have been good?
>>
>>27302220
Okay, I'll revise. "Learn to handle words and you won't be an easily offended, socially awkward autist." It's a lesson from which many in this fandom could benefit.

>>27302243
>Tumblr gif
Oh, now it makes sense. The boogeyman is real.
>>
>>27302261
>decries pessimism and negativity
>calls everyone else autists and Redditors
What parallel version of 4chan have you been visiting, where it's less critical, self-hating, and pessimistic than Reddit?
>>
>>27300801
This right here
>>
>>27302261
For many people, the way they acted in their childhood cost them numerous potential friendships- Friendships that could've improved their lives.

Having now realised this, these people would do anything to change the past.
>>
>>27302261
I'll give you some cookies for trying to talk sense into them. Keep fighting the good fight, I've already stopped trying to shove some sense into these teenager lunatics long long time ago, but they're too busy feeling miserable for themselves. Now I post more on /co/ and only visit /mlp/ for some supposed show discussion, at least in the main thread when the episode premieres.
At least /co/ wants to talk about something else other than their depressions, muh feels and muh shitposting.
>>
>>27300572
It made the Wonderbolts look bad AGAIN. At this point in the show, I don't even seen any reason to like them, or even why Dash still does.
>>
>>27302501
At least Fleetfoot tried to be nice.
I just think a lot of this shit could have been avoided if either Dash came out and said why the name bothered her or of one of them had the chance to explain that everyone gets a name for something silly. If Dash hadn't brushed Fleetfoot off earlier, maybe this conflict could have been ended early, too.
>>
>>27302501
Pretty much this. But that was nothing new. The worst part of the episode was all that cringe. Jesus, this has to be the cringiest episode so far in the show.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
>>27300572
Rainbow Dash
>>
>>27302148
It was the last shot of the episode.
>>
>>27303286
Hopefully it means we may see some Wonderbolt action at least once in the future.
Dash deserves a chance to do something cool as one of them.
>>
>>27300572 Why did the Wonderbolts get the moral high ground even though they've been shown to be childish, shallow, incompetent and backstabbing? What was the moral supposed to be? Is it sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never me? Or is it that we should take pride in being insulted and mocked as it shows camaraderie and friendship? Why did Rainbow suddenly become horrid at flying? One thing I noticed, near the beginning, when Spitfire told Rainbow Dash to look both ways before crossing the road, is that Spitfire looked only one way before crossing the road. This makes Spitfire a massive hypocrite. Pinkie was a jerk in this episode. She didn't even bother to see one of her BEST FRIENDS FLY IN HER SHOW. How can anyone defend the episode after this?
>>
>>27301486
ignore /b/ posts
>>
File: 1462632342031-2.png (299 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462632342031-2.png
299 KB, 1800x1200
>>27303357
>What was the moral supposed to be?
Probably something like "STOP BEING SO GODDAMN INSECURE YOU STUPID CUNT" or "nobody likes perpetually offended assholes". She's had problem with this since S1 so it is very much in-character. There wasn't any issue really, but she just had to make a big deal out of it.
>>
Because it's one of those episodes where the entire fucking situation could have been avoided if something was explained in the beginning, but saved until the end of the episode.

Seriously, all Spitfire or Soarin had to do was tell Dash about the nickname thing, and bam, no more issue.

Yes, I know, conflict necessitation and all that, but this is almost the exact same reason "Games Ponies Play" is a terrible episode, and I'm not about to give it a pass here. It's a shitty way to structure an episode.
>>
>>27300572
Because this episode was supposed to be the "graduation" one, yet that "graduation" was resolved in just one minute, even before the intro.

Six years waiting and we got nothing. This was even more disappointing than Equestria Games.
>>
>>27303969
Spitfire did, but Dash should have just went "You know, bullies in my past." Guess that was embarrassing for her to tell them.
>>
File: DashedRelations.png (664 KB, 875x2240) Image search: [Google]
DashedRelations.png
664 KB, 875x2240
Where would you even start in terms of listing what's wrong with this episode? It's not just the writing alone. There was so much wrong with it. Summing it up by saying, "It made me cringe" is totally fair and a valid point. God, the episode was so cringey and so uncomfortable to watch.

It was like having a mouth full of sand. Just unpleasant, and when she started imitating her friends the only thing that kept me from closing the video was the fact that I was watching it with other people.
>>
>>27300572
>all this bullying in recent episode
>actually feel bad for Bluefast, literally for the first time
>she still acts like a cunt, does a lot of stupid shit

I didn't like today's episode. It's subjective, obviously, but I feel like MLP gets less magical everytime I watch it. Last episode I could label as good was that one with Maud, Ponk and Rara. It was SoL-ish and rather cheerful, even with the party canon thing. And sadly, this is the only episode I think was okay since beginning of the season. Maybe it's because I used to watch the show while enjoying a beer, with friend or two sitting with me.
>>
>>27301384
>The lesson was to not sperg out and act retarded over something trivial.
Like being butthurt over a Rainbow Dash episode.
>>
>>27302274
>Okay, I'll revise
Let me help: "Learn to be silent when you're bullied, and you'll get the privilege of being with bullies ALL THE TIME. Which you should want, because we own the world."

>>27303650
That's another good way of putting it: "If you think your feelings are worth a thing, you're wrong. We have the right to hurt you, period."

>>27304070
That, or she was afraid they might bully her worse for being a "whiner", because that's what bullies do.
>>
>>27300572
It's not bad. It's actually surprisingly realistic.
>>
>>27304454
episode was literally
>fuck i fucked up
>lol look she fucked up
>fuck they know i fucked up, gotta try to erase my fuckup
>lol look she fucked up again
>no guys stahp, plz no bully
>oh she thinks were srs, was just a prank bro
>oh fuck guess i learned friends rip on each other for fucking up and that its okay
>>
>>27305003
You forgot the ONE MINUTE LONG Dash graduation. It only lasted ONE MINUTE but it was a really important part because, you know, we've been waiting for that like SIX FUCKING SEASONS.
>>
>>27300572
Much cringe
>>
>>27305035
shes been in the reserves forever, what did you want for her gradation? how do you imagine it going? 22 minutes of her standing on a stage getting a medal pinned to her uniform and speeches from everyone about how great she is?
>>
>>27305066
>Equestria Games was about some games in Equestria, so even if that event was much anticipated and the episode wasn't at all what I expected, it still was a good episode because I can't imagine how it could have been better
>>
>>27305104
>i cant think of how it could have gone better, so ill dodge the question
>>
It just seemed a bit convoluted that the cops knew internal affairs was setting them up.
>>
>>27305066

Not that guy, but it would have been nice to have something other than Spitfire just showing up and saying "Hey, you're a Wonderbolt now!"
>>
File: VyWRSSjSyWs.jpg (151 KB, 1276x910) Image search: [Google]
VyWRSSjSyWs.jpg
151 KB, 1276x910
>>27302181
>we actually get to see Dash grow and mature as a character

>Oh snap, i dont know how deal with some new bullshit! Lets fuck up all the things! AGAIN!

Growing as it is.
>>
>>27305117
It's not MY job to write, that's something that that "Without a Trace" retarded should have done. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he's too good at it. But it's not that difficult: Magical Mystery Cure, Crusaders of the Lost Mark are examples of well written episodes: if you're going to fulfill something important for a character, you give that thing a full episode, not just one minute.
>>
>>27300572
But the episode wasn't shit. The only thing that was shit was Rainbow Dash, so it made for the perfect episode.
>>
>>27305150
thats all spitfire did when she became part of the reserves. maybe ponies dont spend a ton of time sucking each others dicks for accomplishing things.
>>
>>27300572
I did not think the episode was bad. From the get go RD has been the least mature of the Mane 6, so trying to be someone she isn't in reaction to her lifelong dream turning out not to be exactly what she'd hoped did make some kind of sense. It wasn't a particularly good moment as far as the show is concerned, but Ashleigh did a great job acting the bit, and the animation was fun to watch - RD as Rarity and Flutters was downright sexy.
>>
>>27305158
>i dont fucking like it! its shit!
what could we have done better?
>i dont fucking know, all i know is its shit!
what do you want?
>i dont know what i want, its your job to know what i want!

youre everything wrong with critics.
>>
>>27305168
>ponies dont spend a ton of time sucking each others dicks for accomplishing things
Have you been watching the same show?
>>
>>27305201
that scene was 1 minute long ^:)
>>
>>27305193
>what could we have done better?
GIVING THAT ACCOMPLISHMENT A FULL EPISODE, like EVERY accomplishment before in the show, not just ONE FUCKING MINUTE. Is it really that hard to understand that for you?
>>
>>27305224
>GIVING THAT ACCOMPLISHMENT A FULL EPISODE
how do you propose that be done?
>like EVERY accomplishment before in the show
twilight becoming an alicorn was praised by celestia during a 2 minute song.
CMC getting their qt marks was praised by their loves ones in a 2 minute song.

are you saying you wanted a 2 minute song for crash?
>>
>>27300581
>>27300590
>>27300737
>>27300741
>>27305055
Buttblaster BTFO
>>
File: 1166820587420.jpg (94 KB, 369x344) Image search: [Google]
1166820587420.jpg
94 KB, 369x344
>>27305035
I don't even remember that scene.
I know I watched the ep, but I don't remember that.
Like, at all.
>>
>>27305246
Jesus Christ. Are you really saying that if I can't write a better episode that makes the episode good? So, if you buy a car and it stops working in the middle of the highway, is it still a good car because you can't build a better one with your hands? Fine, great.

>>27305260
>Spitfire: Rainbow Dash! Glad we found you. We need you in the show when we get to Ponyville. Flying.
>Scootaloo: But she's only in the Reserves!
>Spitfire: Not anymore, kid.
>Rainbow Dash: [slow gasp] You mean...
>Scootaloo: [gasps] Rainbow Dash! You're finally a full-fledged Wonderbolt! Woo-hoo! [laughs] Yeah, Rainbow Dash! Whoo!
>Spitfire: Heh. What she said.

There, Dash graduation, it couldn't have been done better, /mlp/ has just proved it.
>>
>>27305311
im saying if you think something is bad but cant even think of a way it could be better youre an idiot and shouldnt open your mouth about it in the first place.
>>
>>27305311
What? That was it?
Well fuck.
>>
>>27300572
The cringe is the reason it's only a 6 not a 9 in my books

Dat fluttercunt was just to much for me couldn't handle that cringe
>>
>>27305327
>a way it could be better
At this point I think you're just trolling but whatever, I'll just repeat myself slowly.
GIVE. THAT. ACCOMPLISHMENT. A. FULL. EPISODE.
>>
>>27305349
Hey, there are people ITT pretending that there's no way that could have been done better. Maybe they know best.
>>
>>27305365
how you stupid fuck? ive given examples and you just keep screaming the same shit.

how in the fuck do you expect "shes gone from wonderbolt reserve to a real wonderbolt" to fill up 22 minutes? how in the fuck do you think that will be an interesting episode? did you perhaps want a CMC episode where she does a bunch of shit again, like shes ALREADY done, for 20 minutes, and then conclude with her graduating into the wonderbolts? give some goddam examples or sit down.
>>
>>27300607
Just days ago she was all like WTF are Wonderbolts? She doesn't give any fucks.
>>
>>27300572
I am at 11:15 minute mark where RD was acting like Pinkie and now she is acting like apple jack.
Should I keep watching? Cause it's getting pretty cringy.
>>
>>27305390
>How do you pretend to fill up 22 minutes with Twilight becoming a princess when she has been Celestia's protegé for three whole years and it's obvious she's going to be a princess anyway?
Are you completely retarded or just Dave Rapp? Sorry, my bad, I forgot that both things are the same.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 427x553) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 427x553
>>27300769
YOU'RE FREE TO GO.
>>
>>27305407
It hurts the first time, if you go back and watch it again braced for the cringe the episode seems slightly better (but still not MLP standards of good).
>>
>>27305441
so you did want 20 minutes of her doing shit shes already done and concluded with her graduating.

just say so.
>>
>>27300606
this. rainbow dash isn't a team player. from day 1 she is trying to one-up everyone, she endangers tons of people not to mention herself, and she gets a pass because she's talented. this is like kobe bryant shit, and a terrible message for kids
>>
>>27305365
What accomplishment, anon.

Dash didn't fucking do anything. Did she fight her way through boot camp? Graduate school? Come on. She took an exam, did one episode as a cadet, and now she's part of the cream of the crop flying team she always wanted to be in. This shit is not a one episode thing, it's normally a season arc.

She didn't do anything. There is nothing you should have been expecting.
"Yay, you're a wonderbolt now" is probably more merciful than an entire episode dedicated to rewarding a character that achieved a life accomplishment in twenty minutes. At least when they gloss over it you might forget how stupid and trivial it feels.
>>
>>27305480
>so you did want 20 minutes of her doing shit shes already done and concluded with her graduating

>Present her with a problem, possibly one of her own creation
>Have her struggle and fail to rectify it
>Emotional roller coaster as Dash tries to come to grips with her failure
>Something convinces her to pull her shit together, possibly words of encouragement from her friends/other wonderbolts (like Fleetfoot looked like she was set up to do)
>Dash does the thing and impresses everyone, even herself so much so that she sheds tears after narrowly doing thing
>Celebration and small ceremony/party (that isn't completely blown off because lel bad day)

Wow, so hard.
>>
>>27302613
I demand to know the source of that face.

please?
>>
>>27305390
Not the anon you're arguing with but.

>Send RD a letter saying all the reserves are going to graduate.
>Have RD go to where it's at
>Show all the remaining reserves just chilling until Spitfire arrives.
>She tells them they need to do one more stunt, before they become full time Wonderbolts
>The stunt is hard as hell
>They have a week to do it
>All the other reserves want to work on it together.
>RD blows them off saying something like "I don't need any help"
>Show training montage, with RD just doing other shit.
>Few days left, and the others are begging her to help, RD says fine.
>She fucks up royally.
>The others go into full panic mode.
>RD says she can fix this.
>They don't trust her.
>But instead of giving up, she studies, and trains without them.
>Day of reckoning.
>All the reserves are nervous, but RD.
>One of them call her out on it.
>She says "don't worry everything is going to be fine"
>Don't have much time to argue, as Spitfire calls them to perform.
>The stunt goes off without a hitch.
>Everyone is amazed.
>When all the reserves land, have RD apologize about the way she was acting.
>They all make up.
>At the graduation ceremony.
>Everyone gets their suit.
>The last thing they need to do is fly with the old Wonderbolts.
>The last scene is all of them flying into the sunset.
>The end.
>>
File: 257257712.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
257257712.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>27305519
i like that pretty much all of this is what the episode already did, yet youre bitching about it.

now look, theyve already had like 3 episodes with her proving shes capable of being a wonderbolt. everyone already knows shes ready to be a wonderbolt. from what it seems, they were just waiting for a position to open up, and it did.

she already aced the academy, she already saved the wonderbolts multiple times, she already saved equestria multiple times. an episode showing that she can accomplish this shit isnt necessary, since she already did it multiple times. in fact, if they made an episode about this, people would be bitching about that instead of bitching about her 1 minute of "oh hey, that spot opened up, youre a real wonderbolt now"
>>
>>27300572
Crusty.
>>
>>27305559
>Precision flying
>Two ponies flying directly towards each other but dodge at the last minute
>If one pony is fucking around, it could get them both killed.
>Dash fucks around all episode and violates more than one explicit safety guideline, landing her in the medical ward at the end of the episode
She is NOT Wonderbolts material. Seriously, motherfucker. She flies fast and that's all she does. She does not belong on a crack team of show horses that demand discipline and self-control.
>>
File: dindusumfin.webm (3 MB, 304x212) Image search: [Google]
dindusumfin.webm
3 MB, 304x212
>>27300800
holla holla get $
>>
>>27305593
she did the precision flying perfectly at the end of the episode, and grew up a little. thats the whole idea of character development.
>>
>>27305559
Because there was no actual buildup to her acceptance? Yes, I think its a fair complaint.

Think of it this way: would it have been better to just accept her and say that she's going to be in a show within the first minute of an episode, or would something along the lines of them needing a front liner and picking from the top X reserve members to consider for the spot and her contending (and being matched or even straight up blown out by somepony else) using both the skills and knowledge she's gained from those episodes to get that chance - only being resolved by her stepping up her shit and doing something/excelling in some form that wasn't done previously, and being accepted for that being the "cherry atop" her list of accolades?

Because this episode was only about her fucking up constantly, and fucking up even further at the end with nothing but an apology about it. This was just a usual SoL lesson learned case. There wasn't a moment where she got her shit together and fixed her issues - it was just another case of Mare Do Well tier "Shit on her till she learns something, even if we have to directly tell her at the end of it all".
>>
>>27305634
>Because there was no actual buildup to her acceptance?
its like you faggots have alzheimers. "if it didnt happen in that episode, it didnt happen ever"

ignored the rest of your post.
>>
>>27305480
You keep repeating "if you think your car is shit you can only complain of it if you can build a better car on your own", but I'm pretty sure that's not how the world works.
>>
>>27305626
No. You don't get to do dangerous, life-threatening stunts that have the potential to kill your team mates as a "growing up" exercise. That's the type of the thing that is reserved for people who are already grown up. If Dash is still a fucking child, you do not put her in a position to break another pony's neck and then let her off with light latrine duty when fucks up. She changed the routine without telling anybody and could have killed ponies.

What do you not get? She didn't earn the Wonderbolts thing and she spent the whole episode demonstrating she wasn't cut out for it. She couldn't even manage basic runway safety rules when they were as modest as "look both ways before you cross".

I used to work at an airport. When it comes to shit like that, you don't get a slap on the wrist and a "good job" for growing up if you drive a truck across the runway without consulting ground control, much less if you hop in a plane and decide you're going to make your own rules. In fact, if you fuck around in a plane you'll land yourself in prison.

If this weren't a cute little pony show, Dash would likely be in violation of a few federal laws, and this isn't her first offense either - lest we remember the time she blew up the weather factory.
>>
>>27305644
>"if it didnt happen in that episode, it didnt happen ever"
You keep acting as if being promoted to the reserves and being a frontline member are the same level of importance when that's far from true. Otherwise, no one would have even given a remote shit that she got the promotion. Not even her friends who tried to have a party for her.
>>
>>27305559
I can give you one thing, Dash joining the WB has already got three episodes and it didn't need more. It would be completely OK if she would have graduated at the end of any of those (Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 would have been a perfect choice). But AT THE END of it, because that means you gave that goal the whole episode. If you do it before the intro, you've given it just 1 minute. This wasn't a bad episode on its own, but it was horribly delivered.
>>
>>27305727
>This wasn't a bad episode on it's own
It was terrible, anon. Jesus Christ. We're talking record-breaking lows for the show.
>>
>>27305737
I think that too, but I'm checking if that other Anon at least gets my point on the worst part of it.
>>
>>27305667
why is your car shit, anon? does it not accelerate fast enough? does it have poor gas mileage? is the color wrong?
cuz so far when i ask whats wrong, you shrug your shoulders and expect me to just accept it. well i dont. if you want to think something is wrong, you need a reason.

>>27305669
this isnt real life. its a cartoon. those arent airliners incapable of maneuvering on that runway with hundreds of passengers, its a light weight single pegasus. the same pegasi have ran into mountains at full speed and been fine.

>>27305690
you have a party every year when you age. a party doesnt mean something is a huge deal. and yes, all evidence points to her graduating to full fledged wonderbolt was a minor step from reserves. if you do boot camp and make it into the military reserves, youre already in the military, youre just not being used yet. she just went from waiting to be used to being used. she was already in.

>>27305727
in reality she should have already been made a wonderbolt after "wonderbolt academy," and i think the staff and fans realized that, which is why they didnt waste anymore time dicking around with the idea and just said "alright, you did it, now lets move on to your new life as a wonderbolt"
>>
>>27305776
My car stops in the middle of the road. I asked the seller for a car that doesn't stop in the middle of the road, but he think that's not enough and wants me to be more specific on the proper way to build a engine from scratch.
>>
>>27300572
CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE

What's the fucking matter, OP? Do you need a SAFE-SPACE away from all the normal people criticizing you and your show for autism? You know you're the reason why that retarded executive "Mike Vogel" even got the idea of firing Faust and remaking the show as obnoxious, randumb, moronic and lame as possible.
>>
>>27305789
the dealer then called you an idiot for not putting gas in your car.
>>
>>27305776
>the staff and fans realized that
????????
Are you serious? Is that a valid reason for not writing an episode? So they might as well say, "hey, know what? We got this amazing idea for an episode! you'd love it, we'd love you loving it, so since we already know how things would turn out, then we'll just do something else and move on." Jesus.
>>
>>27305776
Yes, but the trouble with saying, "Well it's a cartoon, they don't need real safety regulations" is that it totally misunderstands what Dash being a Wonderbolt means.

It means she grew up. When we first met this character, she was lazy, not doing her job, dropped out of school, and spent a lot of her time showboating and trying to convince everyone she was cool in spite of being unreliable. She adored the Wonderbolts but completely lacked the discipline and charisma to ever be something like that.

If she made it into the Wonderbolts, it means she grew up. Her arc is done. It's the end of her story. She's no longer the lazy, insecure little pegasus she once was. You don't get into a crack team like that, performing dangerous stunts, if you still have a lot of growing up to do and if you can't be brought to follow rules or work with others.

Yet this whole episode Dash kept breaking rules and acting petulant. She might have been even more petulant than she was in season one, because old Dash would have been nervous and reverent. Current Dash was just self-absorbed and altered the routines unilaterally to fluff herself up.

Seriously, it's terrible. Giving Dash this Wonderbolts thing when she's just as bad if not worse than ever is like the reverse of what you'd want to teach kids. It's the reverse of progress. It's like if Verruca won Willy Wonka's chocolate factory because she wanted it the most and had the most success already sitting in her lap.

There's so much wrong with it, and that's just at its basic bones.
>>
File: dash dog.gif (4 MB, 918x720) Image search: [Google]
dash dog.gif
4 MB, 918x720
>>27302501

It is extremely obvious that this delicate wallflower does not have any friends in real life and doesn't know what banter is.

Pity this man.
>>
>>27305829
>instead of showing wonderbolts academy, rainbow falls, etc 2.0, we will move on to her actual life as a wonderbolt
yes, im glad they did it that way.
>>
>>27305837
you pretend like theres a point in life where you stop making mistakes.

let me know when you reach it.
>>
>>27300572
Go away, Big Jim.

You weren't the correct director for this show, your only previous experience was directing a crappy cartoon about retarded kids scamming other retarded kids and everyone being ultra retarded for always falling for the same scams and never learning from each other's failure.
>>
>>27305843
Well, if they had done it the other way, I'd be happy, and since you are eager to swallow anything Hasbro gives you, you'd still be happy. So, in short, they should have done it the other way and everyone would be happy.
>>
>>27305881
>ye olde hasdrone
or you can go watch one of those other episodes, and then watch this one and pretend it was a 2 parter, thereby saving everyone time.

i also highly doubt youd be happy. what do you think of this season thus far?
>>
>>27305858
Pulling life-threatening stunts in a dangerous setting isn't the same kind of mistake as forgetting your wife's birthday. What Dash did wrong wasn't as bad as "you forgot to wear your seatbelt and you might get hurt". It was, "You could have killed any number of your teammates by being this impulsive". She wasn't just a danger to herself, but to others too. To the bystanders on the ground if she crashed into them.

There are levels of mistakes. Being the equivalent to a fighter jet pilot is a thing where you aren't allowed to be careless, forgetful, and childish. They intentionally weed trouble makers out of those programs.
>>
>>27305608
Now thats just cool
>>
>>27305901
This season is more aimless than a blind man taking a piss at a public urniary.
>>
>>27305837
>>27305903
Its bizarre considering that it was Lighting Dust who was the most callous while Rainbow was considerate of hazards during their run in Rainbow Falls. Its like everything she learned went straight out of the window for the sake of forcing a conflict AGAIN.
>>
>>27305946
Wonderbolt Academy*
this is why I shouldn't be between three threads when debating this episode. Ugh.
>>
>>27305945
so you would have been unhappy regardless of what was shown. therefore, i think its better they did it this way because now one of us is happy ^:)
>>
>>27305901
I loved Spike's episode. I liked some of the other episodes, and I swear this is the first episode since What About Discord I'm complaining about. But I can't take this, this was lazy as fuck, you CAN'T "skip" an episode because "hey, we already know how it would be". I was expecting it since season 1, so I find this way of ruining a character arc outrageous.
>>
>>27305978
You replied to a different Anon.
>>
>>27305978
I would have been happy if the season had any kind of sense instead of being randomly thrown shit because the new writers know nothing about the show and Jim Miller is basically directing it to feed his own ego and using it to compensate for his own self image issues.

Every time he runs out of arguments to counter critics he starts saying "BUT I'M FAT, DUMB AND UGLY!" as if that were a madness mantra to guilt trip the critics away.
>>
File: really.png (244 KB, 345x340) Image search: [Google]
really.png
244 KB, 345x340
>>27305987
>ruining a character arc
like i already said, they had this episode already. it wasnt skipped, it was shown already. that was wonderbolt academy.

is this trhead really just 5 anons arguing with me?
>>
>>27300606
>It should have been about Dashies hubris, trying to one up all the Wonderbolts,
that has been done before and it would be like resetting all the character development
>>27300572
I liked it. did not expect them to say rainbow trash
>>27300607
its better if she is not in every ep
>>
>>27306017
They DIDN'T have this episode. It'd have been great if the ending of ANY of those episodes had been different, but it wasn't. This was the last chance and they fucked it up badly.
>>
>>27306036
I'm guessing this is the reason why Jim Miller ran away from twitter to avoid facing the critics for this episode.

Looks like he wasn't prepared for this!
>>
>>27306017
season 6 has been pretty good so far, I guess it makes people distrustful so they are trying to find shit to hate about it
>>
>>27306055
found the shill
>>
>>27306051
Indeed. It looks like he knows when they're wrong. If only he could know how to make things right to begin with, everything would be better.
>>
>>27305946

It wasn't the same situation. Rainbow Dash let the whole Rainbow Crash thing get to her. The entire episode was her getting more and more unhinged to try and get rid of the nickname, resulting in trying that ridiculous final stunt during the show.

This episode played to her character very well. She's boastful of her skills, but deeply insecure about herself when it appears she ins't wowing everyone. This episode was a big moment for of character progression for her. Not the superficial "lolz she a wonderbolt nao", but rather the fact that she's learning what it is to be be a team player and not the center of attention.
>>
>>27300630
that was hilarious and new hairstyles will generate a lot of new art and fics
>>
>>27306026
Yes like the show isn't used to resetting characters for the sake of the plot
>>
>>27306051
hes probably tired of dealing with idiots all day. ive only been in this thread for an hour and i already want to throat punch the lot of ya.

>>27306036
>They DIDN'T have this episode
they did. the episode youre crying and bitching about wanting was wonderbolt academy. she became a wonderbolt in that episode. they didnt need to show it again.
>>
>>27305978
You're happy with anything you dumb autist.

And by the way fucking way it's " :^) " you can't even meme properly. That's how shit you are, just like your show.
>>
>>27306073
seriously I had fun with every ep except for that one about a purse, even that had 1 good moment
>>
>>27306080
He doesn't.

His only experience was directing Ed, Edd n' Eddy, which is a generic show where all humour comes from slapstick comedy, cringy situations and all characters being brain dead idiots.
He tried using the same formula once he became FiM's director and it shows.
>>
>>27306095
and you want to encourage that so you can get your predictable "rainbow acts smug and gets wracked" ep ?
>>
>>27306107
At least try to change your spelling and writing style so your samefagging could be less fucking obvious.
>>
>>27306131
>implying
>>
>>27301271
Best friend / former villain sex is best sex, Trixie and glimmer taking turns to fuck one another brains out... Amazing
>>
>>27306102
Following that logic, they could have skipped every CMC episode after the one when they first me. They wanted to get their cutie marks, so every episode after that was just the same episode over and over again.
>>
>>27306005
Wanna know a secret truth which /mlp/ refuses to talk about?
The new writers and Dhx have nothing to do with the show because they're being micro-managed by the executives at Hasbro Studios.
It's not just the story, it's the entire execution which Hasbro shoves their dick in.
Plus it's not even executive(s), it's just 1 person, his name is Mike Vogel.
>>
>>27306104
It's clearly ^:)
>>
>>27306104
>And by the way fucking way it's " :^) "
found the newfag.

>>27306055
it seems to have become that way lately. theres a noisy cynical group of faggots who find one thing they hate about an episode and blow it up to ludicrous proportions as an excuse to hate the whole episode.

this latest episode had dash achieve her lifelong dream of joining the core wonderbolts. she fucked up, and her team made fun of her. rather than bring it up right away that she had an issue with this, she kept it to herself and tried to find a way to undo her mistake. but you cant. you cant undo mistakes you make. this episode is a good reminder that while you cant change the past, you can learn from it and do better. every wonderbolt was nicknamed after their fuckup, and it wasnt by accident. they went through and showed everyone makes mistakes, and that the important thing is you get better. dash finally realizes this at the end when shes happy despite everything that happened, because things can always get better.

i personally thought it was great.
>>
>>27306141
Nope. If that was true, Vogel would have never allowed the writers to skip an episode with a real graduation for Dash.
>>
>>27306139
thats not the same logic line at all.dash already went through the academy and became a wonderbolt, they didnt need to go through another similar story and have her become a wonderbolt, again.

the CMC went through a story and earned their qt marks. they didnt need to make another episode where they go through and earn their qt marks again.
>>
>>27306142
You're clearly a stubborn idiot.
>>
>>27306150
>Thinking Mike Vogel is the good guy and not the devil himself which convinced Faust to quit.
I like you anon, you're not as deep into the truth as I am. Feel happy.
>>
>>27306153
Was she a Wonderbolt after Wonderbolts Academy? Then why did she take an entrance test in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 one season later?
>>
>>27306195
thats a good question. remember when people were asking why she wasnt already a wonderbolt instead of asking them to make more episodes about her becoming a wonderbolt?
>>
Everytime after I've freshly argued on /mlp/ I come back to my home board /co/ and I have a little banter with them.
>Anon you're sounding a little nonsensical today, did you visit /a/ again?
>No... no /co/mrade... I just got a hefty dose of autism from those retards at /mlp/.

The rest of the boards have a common sensical way of arguing. No fancy, pseudo-intellectual words, comparisons, allusions, implications.
No broken grammar and no autistic engrish style of talking like they're some japanese trying to talk in english.

We state our point and counterpoints and we're done with it.
We don't loop and we don't recycle.
A discussion on this episode should have ended in a few sentences.
>>
>>27306202
"She's a Wonderbolt!" "No, wait, she isn't!" "No, wait, she *already was*!"
And are you still claiming this was a well written arc?
>>
>>27306212
Fine. Now fuck off.
>>
>>27306232
no, ive already said she should have been officially accepted as a wonderbolt after wonderbolt academy. instead, it seemed there was always some nonsensical loop left to jump through. they finally put an end to that bullshit, and im glad for it.

>>27306212
thats nice. you should go back there.
>>
>>27306245
>>27306251
What the hell is wrong with you faggots. First you try to sound like some shit-eating politician who knows more japanase than english, and then you immediately switch to short meme phrases like a bunch of retards from Reddit.
What's your deal?
>>
>>27306251
I said the same thing, she SHOULD have been OFFICIALLY accepted in WA. She wasn't. In TT123 she wasn't a Wonderbolt, so THIS should have been the episode to solve that for once. They didn't. I liked TT123 way more than the last episode, so I'm blaming this one for things to turn out so badly.
>>
>>27306175
Whatever you say friend ^:)
>>
>>27306265
youre mom lol
>>
>>27306265
u mad?
>>
>>27306281
she joined the reserves in 123. if youre a reserve in the military, you can be called to war at any time. they dont have a new training camp they take you to, youre already in. its just a matter of when they need you.
>>
>>27306212
It is an entire board dedicated to a dying show. Moot only made /mlp/ so we could have pony without Moot officially admitting a real defeat.

What blows my mind is that the discussion isn't really about what's going wrong, but rather that there are a few diehards in every thread trying to convince the world that the first pony episode many will agree was "very cringey" is, in fact, perfectly fine and a great example of character growth.
>>
>>27306303
do you ask yourself why you find it cringy?
>>
>>27306300
>she joined the reserves in 123
[citation needed]

Just joking. Now seriously, that wasn't completely evident because I'm sure they expected at least another episode ENDING in Dash becoming a Wonderbolt. That episode never existed.
>>
>>27306321
Yeah. It's because Dash acted worse than ever in an episode that really should have appeared at the end of her character arc.

She spent a bunch of time trying to act like her friends in a futile effort to change the Wonderbolt's perspective of her, when the obvious problem was that she can't follow rules.

It was cringey because you feel sympathetically embarrassed for the character. You would feel embarrassed to be around them. You wouldn't admit to knowing that character if they were a real person. It's cringey and upsetting on a lot of levels - I'm sure different anons cringed for different reasons. There's a lot of bad stuff to choose from.
>>
File: 1460131075602.png (373 KB, 1280x871) Image search: [Google]
1460131075602.png
373 KB, 1280x871
I don't think the episode was cringey. The plot was just fairly dumb.
Cute, yet dumb.
>>
>>27306212
You're literally full of shit, my friend. I frequent /co/ as well and the things you described can hardly be attributed to the board most of the time.

Moreover, you're sounding like a huge fucking faggot, so please help to improve my 4chan browsing expirience by killing yourself. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>27306359
Cute?????????????????????????
>>
>>27306321
>>27306357
Oh, and I also cringed at the end when they forgave her, because Dash did everything wrong. Everything. All of it. She didn't do a single thing right. Yet they forgave her because she's a "good flier" and because she's a celebrity.
>>
>>27306372
She got punished though.
>>
>>27306357
did you ever think perhaps that was the intention? youre not supposed to feel comfortable when a character is doing something stupid. youre supposed to cringe and be like "what the fuck are you doing? stahp. stahp now."

and yes, she made a lot of mistakes, but she figured it out in the end which was whats important.

>>27306372
fucking up a couple times doesnt undo a lifetime of atta boys.
>>
>>27306357
>>27306372
This is a fair complaint, honestly.

>>27306383
Ironically, almost everyone else who fucks up on a grand scale get away with it scott free (including Dash herself for the weather factory) or with a slap on the wrist at worst.

There's just no coherency when it comes to this sort of thing.
>>
>>27306383
She had to pick up the garbage.

Dash behaved so poorly I'd be surprised she could handle teamwork at McDonalds.
>>
>>27306415
>She had to pick up the garbage.
shes also on a one month probation.
>>
>>27306429
How long would her probation be if she'd killed another Wonderbolt or a pony in the audience? Because that's what she was cruising to do.
>>
>>27306414
>Ironically, almost everyone else who fucks up on a grand scale get away with it scott free (including Dash herself for the weather factory) or with a slap on the wrist at worst
>Twilight barely got lectured for the Want It Need It Spell
>Literally nothing happened to Dash for the Cloudsdale weather factory
>Literally nothing happened to Discord for letting Smooze loose at the gala
>Nothing happened to Flutters for stealing Philomena
>Nothing happened to Rarity for turning the whole of Ponyville into gold
Man, does Equestria not have courts or jail or anything? Cause these dumb pones should have been convicted for all the dumb shit they pull
>>
>>27306444
>a cloud or a simple collision causing death
okay lad.
>>
>>27306451
Another count for Discord and the Plunder Seeds ravaging Ponyville and kidnapping the Princesses, sending Canterlot into a state of national alarm that had to be contained within the castle on Twilight's orders.
>>
>>27306454
Dash is able to fly fast enough to destroy a barn on impact. Supposed she decided to buzz the audience with a sonic rainboom but misjudged and flew too low. Or maybe just the boom blew out everyone's ears and caused hearing damage. Suppose she was screwing around as the ponies were flying directly towards each other at high speeds and they broke their necks. Suppose Scootaloo wasn't able to stop her scooter at the end of the cliff and she hurt herself.

Nothing Dash did was safe. I'll grant you can make her look better if the show were using cartoony squash and stretch slapstick, but the event was played to be harrowing and dangerous. What's the probation escalate to if she kills or seriously injures another pony?
>>
File: Why Newbie Dash is the worst.png (1 MB, 1509x855) Image search: [Google]
Why Newbie Dash is the worst.png
1 MB, 1509x855
>>
>>27306409
Absolute bullshit. Do you really believe that anyone likes watching cringe? I always thought that universal reaction to change a channel. Which isn't something you would want from your viewers writing an episode.

>fucking up a couple times doesnt undo a lifetime of atta boys.
Yes, it actually does. People tend to remember bad things better than good ones. Especially, fuckups are unforgivable in a collective where there're people depending on not doing so.
>>
>>27306495
Ah, if only the writer for this episode had a twitter to post this to so they can at least consider what they did with this episode....
>>
>>27306495
OK, it's official. I miss even Merriwether Williams.
>>
>>27300572

It was shit
feces
crap
dung
feces
fertilizer
guano
manure
meadow muffin
night soil
>>
>>27306513
Don't. It's retarded Tumblr logic. Every social group uses ridicule and banter to establish pecking orders or control behavior. There is not a single one that doesn't, and it's only abusive if they're using a scheme of providing then withholding love to make you do things you shouldn't.

The reason the Wonderbolts gave Dash a bad nickname and picked on her was because she was a threat to their lives. They ridicule her because her ego will kill them. If she decides she's going to add her own tricks and showboat, putting herself first, then she might crash into somebody at high speed and send them face-first into the pavement. It's actually one of those things where it's good they were trying to wear Dash down and make her conform. And she didn't conform, and they acted like it was no big deal.
>>
>>27306513
You always can Tweet that pic to Jim Miller so he would send it to the writer.
>>
>>27306495
Really autistic, but true.

>>27306557
90% of social groups you will be in that do what RD dealt with are not the kind where life and death is on the line. They taught the wrong moral, plain and simple.
>>
>>27306576
>>27306513
Or you could send Jim an anvil so he could hit the writer with it.
>>
>>27306589
What are you even saying? In a group where people's lifes are at stake she would've lost her position the very moment she stopped fallowing orders.
>>
>>27306589

So you want to teach kids that ever consider a military career the absolute utter bullshitty comforting lie? How is that the right moral?
>>
>>27306589
Yeah, but something is always on the line. Money, time, the group's happiness. People use ridicule to modify behavior all the time. The reason why cults are so dangerous is because they always approach you by saying, "We would never ridicule you like the rest of society!" They provide unconditional love for a little while, until you've cut yourself off from other people, and then they crack down hard with demands, requirements, and castigation.

I'd be more wary of groups that don't ridicule their members on a surface level.
>>
>>27306557
>>27306622
>>27306628
>threat to their lives
>her ego will kill them
>people's lives are at stake
>military career
Where is it ever stated that the Wonderbolt's make fun of Dash because she is a physical threat?

>>27306629
What an incredibly disingenuous comparison of groups.
Cults participate in the same abusive practices that other abusive organizations do.
Instead of breaking down your emotional barricades, they let you lower them over time. Either way, they come down and then you become dependent on the group.
You do know there are groups that are not cults that do not make being assholes to everyone around you a requirement for entry, right?
Like, you are at least aware that there are choices besides "love cult that deceives you into suffering" and "group motivated by conflict that explicitly makes you suffer", right?
>>
>>27306705
Where I ever said she was called names for putting them in danger? I said that she should've been kicked out of Wonderbolts the very moment she fucked up.
>>
>>27306705
Well, anon. I'm sure there are also groups who will convince you that inside the group is a "safe space" and outside is bigoted and unable to understand your needs. And if you're part of one of those groups then sure, their toxic reputation is a complete misrepresentation and they never will subject you to ridicule or inappropriate demands.
>>
>>27306115
It's better than "lol it's just a joke don't take it so srs" besides being smug is RD why would you not want an episode where is has a massive ego trip just for it to have a lesson about humility
>>
>>27306775
That doesn't really address anything.
If you join a wood-whittling hobbyist group do you honestly expect them to either be a love cult or an over-aggressive insult festival? If not, then why are you willing to frame this argument in terms of the wonderbolts being one or the other?
>>
It was terribly written. I don't even know what the moral was supposed to be. Certainly I was expecting hazing and second hand behavior in the wonderbolts, the bar for them isn't set high, and no hazing would have been shocking honestly.
The worst of it was having RD act so disingenuously of herself and turning so many of the lessons she and her friends have learned on heads. Dash is better than she was portrayed even given her anxiety. I mean c'mon her accident was even forced considering her flight safety tendencies and usual awareness.

This episode could have better focused on overcoming anxiety and/or being given a nickname you don't like. And I'm sure we were all hoping for better. All I have time for atm
>>
for me its safe to say the cringiest part of the video was still the theme
>>
>>27306957
>It was terribly written. I don't even know what the moral was supposed to be.

It was about banter and being part of a competitive team.

It's no surprise that Autism Central /mlp/ hates this episode. People with zero friends and no social life whatsoever being puzzled about life lessons for young children. Fucking hilarious. This episode was great. Just because your waifu got humiliated or you don't understand social interactions or character development, doesn't mean the episode was shit.
>>
>>27300572
Fine. My reasons:

- Rainbow's introduction was uncermorness as it could get; after all this dragging out, do something for impact (at least for the little girl audience' sake); this show is fiction after all
- Spike abuse brought back after the season's progress; didn't even add anything
- Rainbow Dash humble lesson number something - something go
- obvious foreshadowing of the road with it serving no purpose after the first accident; could of taken out the lecture and the same result gotten by Rainbow rushing out of the building into the fliers
- they claim they were waiting for Dash all this time but there's not even a hint of that when she finally got there. Even Spitfire's attitude can be summed up to a captain's responsibility in filling in the newbie.
- all this attention to where the WBs bunk--even though Dash goes home afterward--and the trophies and lockers room but what is their life really like? What could Dash expect from her future there? None of that is shown.
- I get that it's a nickname but the use of it, so often, this early, it's like they forget Rainbow's name
- if it's always worst flyer does that mean that someone is always cleaning the whole compound by themselves? Was it fair to drop it on Rainbow, who is the greenest of the green, on her day?
- Filli Vanilli Pinkie returns
- some of the Crash addressing came off as more mean spirted than tensing or bantering
- the whole mane 6 mimic scene: didn't think what Dash did warrant most of the responses and is that what Dash thinks of her friends?
- Locker room tear scene: found myself agree with Dash's outlook--which I'm sure wasn't the intend--should a really bad name be forced onto someone their entire career?
- found the whole show/big plan scene way too cliche and predicable
- the line about saving Equestria felt forced in to please the fandom; the Wonderbolts never mentioned it before and maybe that's not a bad thing if Dash is proving herself in her own way

My two cents on it
>>
>>27307288
I have friends and we shit on each other all the time. The difference, however, is that we KNOW each other well enough to do that. She only knew the Wonderbolts as co-workers, not friends. No one even made mention of that detail about nicknames till the very end, which was ALSO unnecessary. Soarin and that other cunt should have been able to tell that she got tripped up every time they referenced it, and it wouldn't be impossible to just say "Aw, everyone gets names like that here, Dash - dont let it bother ya."

Hell, this could have even provided an opportunity for her to confront the issue by opening up to one of the members of the team and potentially making her first official Wonderbolt friend who she can be somewhat casual with.

Instead, we get this mess where they keep that detail unknown for no reason despite the way she was reacting, and no actual development on the Wonderbolt's end in their interaction with her.
>>
>>27307322
The wonderbolts obviously didn't know Dash was going to be so butthurt over it, since they consider her to be legendary and didn't know she was so insecure. Also it was implied early on they all had nicknames, because Soarin got refered to as "clipper". This is just how sports teams work.

>Hell, this could have even provided an opportunity for her to confront the issue by opening up to one of the members of the team and potentially making her first official Wonderbolt friend who she can be somewhat casual with.
That's like the least Rainbow Dash thing to do. Stop wanking off over fanfics of your waifu and start watching the show.
>>
>>27307392
>They didn't know
>It obviously affected her performance during their test runs when it was the very thing that made her muck it up every time

A real sports team would at least try to figure out why one member's underperforming, especially if they're days from a big event and they need their top players to be in the best shape possible.

Amusingly enough, even though everyone had nicknames, none of them were referred to by them, even casually during their drills like they were doing to Dash.
>>
>>27307479
>A real sports team would at least try to figure out why one member's underperforming

Having to learn a complex routine in a matter of days. She was doing great during the actual performance, as was expected, until she decided to be an idiot and try a different move to try and impress everyone.
>>
>>27307521
That could have been an excuse they could have bought into if I were referring to the big event. I'm talking about the drills. She was doing fine till that name started to get to her mentally, and whenever she was actually called "Crash", she fucked up almost immediately after.

Again, a performance review and even a general inquiry about "What happened out there" would have at least been enough to show some degree of concern for their teammate's performance, if not the teammate themself. They acknowledged that they knew she was a top tier flier at the end, so shouldn't her issues during their drills at least raise some flags that something was wrong?
>>
I thought it was interesting that Ashleigh managed to give Rainbow a southern accent.
>>
>>27300572
Ok.

>>27306315
>>27306315
>>27306315

Here you go.
>>
Dash has a long winded emotional drama scene where she blames herself and says everyone was right for calling her Rainbow Crash. (she admits she was in the wrong when she wasn't)
Out of a sudden The Wonderbolts do a 180 degree turn and immediately act all nice to her for no reason, despite the fact the entire time of Dash's emotional monologue they all still maintained the same bitter, jealous, angry and evil faces... the entire time, before the scene transitioned.

Then in the end we find out that Rainbow Dash still has to do a bunch of janitor work for no reason. She acts all happy just because the wonderbolts acted nice to her for like 10 seconds.
Let's say that the wonderbolts pretended to be nice for that one scene and then immediately went back to being assholes and calling her Rainbow Crash because now Rainbow openly accepted the disrespectful nickname. That sounds real disgusting doesn't it?
>I'm a Wonderbolt.
Then the positive emotional music plays in the end and she's happy.
They basically broke her. It feels so disgustingly hypocritical.

It's a really bipolar, hypocritical way of handling morals which I've never seen in any cartoon except for this one. Probably because the executive creator behind this show is a real mental retard and a sociopath.
Out of a sudden the show is good for a few seconds, then the next time the show is garbage for the entire duration of the episode.
It makes for a really bipolar show which doesn't know what it wants to be.

And by implication and allusion to meta it makes for an almost sociopathic kind of writing.
The person behind the show obviously hates ponies and pretends to love them in his own sick twisted way by disrespecting them and making a buttmonkey out of every character and not just Spike.
Pretend the wonderbolts is the self-insert Hasbro executive behind the show for a moment...
This episode and hell the entire seasons 2-6 shows off the creator's personality a lot.
>>
File: 3f1.gif (452 KB, 478x482) Image search: [Google]
3f1.gif
452 KB, 478x482
>>27308003
Right? That was incredibly impressive.

>>27308233
>when the outrage is perfectly righteous
>>
>>27300572
They made Dave Rapp the writer
>>
I didn't watch it but fuck off, you're gonna get triggered and you're gonna take it

cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe
>>
>>27308233
she didnt tell them she was actually being affected by the nickname until the end, at which point they explained that all of them fucked up before and have nicknames for it.

she did janitor work because she was the worst flyer that day. its right in the fucking episode.

shes happy because she finally gets that she doesnt have to be perfect all the time, and that her team doesnt actually hate her, that thats just how they are with each other.

they didnt break her, she stopped being a whiny self centered cunt who needed to be the best at everything.

i dont know about you, but my friends always rip on me for all my fuckups, and i rip on them for theirs. its what friends do. she was wrong to take it so personally, and also wrong for not letting them know it was actually bothering her. if she had, it wouldnt have gone beyond that opening scene. theyd have explained the whole nickname thing and everything would have been fine. but you cant have an episode without conflict.

and you finish with a glorious >muh faust
fuck you.
>>
>>27300572
>Tell me what's wrong with the episode
>Don't mention the biggest problem of the episode.
>>
>>27301562
Rainbow Dash being racist wouldn't make any sense. She already respects all race of ponies, andbbarely carries an grudge any other non equine races. Even when dealing with griffins, she didn't carry outright spite against them. At times, she can be brash, such as when referring to griffins in "The Lost Treasure of Griffinstone", but she isn't willing to carry out an hatred against an race.

This concludes my overly long overlook on the possibility of Rainbow Dash being racist.
>>
>>27306287
>>27306294

>>27306265
>Short meme phrases

kek
>>
>>27306444
Checked

But anon, the mane 6 can do no wrong legally

She'd already be fined or jailed for destroying the weather factory after tanks hibernation
>>
>>27309506

All those deaths have still gone unsolved.
>>
>>27300572
Over fifteen minutes of RD being a spastic retard and her graudation reduced to the backdrop for that.
>>
>>27309249
>She didn't tell them she was being affected
It was pretty fucking obvious when she always got tripped up when they called her by that name.

>Its what friends do
They weren't her friends. They didn't really know her beyond her reputation. They are her colleagues.
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.