[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... How was the new episode? Good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
File: Scared Dashie.png (395 KB, 839x671) Image search: [Google]
Scared Dashie.png
395 KB, 839x671
So... How was the new episode? Good?
>>
>>27292419
Hopefully the NRDT guy will kill himself after watching it
>>
>>27292419
>Good?
Obviously not. They've not been any good for a long long time.
>>
Meh. It had some good parts and some shit parts.
>>
the rating seems to be 6/10 with extra cringe
>>
>>27292419
Rainbow Trash/10
>>
>>27292419
Pure shit.
Cringiest episode since spike anthem
>>
>>27292419
>>
>>27292419
Worst episode this season so far. I was really tempted to turn it of midway because of the fucking cringe. That new writer is useless.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10151213/r
>>
You know when neo-/mlp/ isn't blindly praising an episode then u know it's shit
>>
>>27292419
Is there a vod up yet?
>>
>>27292808

/mlp/ never praises any episodes, ever
>>
>>27292863
Bullshit.
Maybe a while after the episode came out, then you'd be right.
But right after the episode comes out or even during the episode?
It's almost always an 8/10 according to these faggots.
>>
File: fite me reymundo.png (195 KB, 429x428) Image search: [Google]
fite me reymundo.png
195 KB, 429x428
>>27292419
I liked it.
Top Cunt acts like a showboating top cunt, gets shrekt, yadda yadda we learn some wonderbolt nicknames, ta-da.
>>
>>27292419
the worst of the season for now
>>
>RD episode
>Good
Make up your mind OP
>>
Rampant flanderization and cringe.
>>
>>27292419
Remember that Spike singing the anthem cringe-fest? Imagine that taking up a quarter of the episode.
>>
>>27292419
A lot of people are upset that the episode wasn't what they wrote about in their fanfic. Otherwise the episode is 6-7 which is about average for mlp polls.
>>
>>27292419
Worst episode I've ever seen
Spike-tier

And no I'm not memeing and trying to mislead you. It was actually the worst I've ever seen
>>
>>27292913
Tanks for the memories was pretty good.
>>
>>27292808
>>27292897
>implying people don't scream "worst episode" every week

The sticky is always full of people crying. It's a vocal minority sure, but this is par for course.
>>
>>27292951
>6-7
>average for /mlp/ polls
Yeah, no.
8 is average for polls, this is the strawpoll from the general: http://www.strawpoll.me/10151388/r
>>
>>27292983
It was the opposite during Gauntlet of Fire.
>>
>>27292955
>>27292912
Like I said, people crying worst episode while the poll continues to say otherwise
>>
>>27292987
>17 votes
Why would you link that?
>8 is average
8 might be the highest number, but when you average out the votes it's always around 7.
>>27293000
Not at all. People calling it shit, terrible story, ponies no reason to be there, shit dialogue, shit lore, only child dragons, etc. People fling shit at every episode without exception. Saying that an episode only receives praise at least on the sticky is an outright lie. They always get criticized.
>>
>>27292419
Why not just watch it and see for yourself
>>
It was baaaaaaad
>>
>>27292419
The episode is good for anyone who knows what banter is and isn't a socially stunted manchild. Unfortunately, quite a number of people here are the latter and could not comprehend the plot.
>>
>>27292863
EqD never praises any episodes as well. And ponychan, and so on...
>>
>>27293151
At work for the next 6 to 8 hours. 18h shift today.
>>
>>27292419
Just like a Rainbow, it was trash
>>
>>27292913
RD's had several good episodes. This one was meh at best though.
>>
>>27293550
nice meme newfriend :)
>>
>>27292419
A lot better the second time around when the cringe of the first watch through is over with.
>>
its a 5-6/10 at best. Most of that is from extra backgrounds.
I'm not socially stunted and totally get hazing, this ep was still low tier when it should have been amazing on premise
>>
>>27292983
There was never an episode below 8/10 you retard. The fact that this episode gain 6/10 as first impression will only mean it will go much further down in next days after hype is done.
>>
>>27293902
this
specially because wonderbolts episodes are always hyped as fuck
>>
>>27292419
Pays off in the end.
>>
>>27293935
hardly, even then its a forced acceptance of bs
>>
>>27293902
So Princess Spike is an 8/10
>>
Was good until Rainbow started imitating the rest of the Mane 6's mannerism to change the Wonderbolt's image of her. God that was so cringeworthy that I almost felt physical pain from watching it. The only good thing about it was that we got a new guessing game for Spitfire's nickname. In fact there is already a thread for it here >>27292370.
>>
Watch it and decide for yourself
>>
>>27292419
Stay away if you love RD and don't come back without booze.
>>
>>27294094
I thought her fluttershy impression was kinda cute.
>>
Skip the imitations scene and it's a solid 7/10.
>>
>>27293902
>there was never an episode below 8/10
Uh, yes. Several of them.
>>
>>27294094
That sounds as cringeworthy as the last act of Simple Ways. Don't tell me it's that bad.
>>
>>27293924
What the hell do you mean
>this
Plenty of episodes get below a seven. Look up the strawpoll for Troubleshoes or Hooffields or Castle Sweet Castle, or fucking anything. It took only a minute to find three that got below 8 and that's without looking at the real shitters
>>
File: 1458565436594.png (231 KB, 400x581) Image search: [Google]
1458565436594.png
231 KB, 400x581
Alright, I'm seriously getting sick and fucking tired of RD getting off scott-free for being a dumbshit around the Wonderbolts. No, "on probation for a month" isn't enough.

I don't understand why RD goes full fucking retard every time she tries to prove herself to the Wonderbolts. You would think that her desire to stand out and have her ego-stroked wouldn't overtake the desire to just not fuck everything up. Not only that, but the ONLY way something like her constant retardation could have been redeemed is by her doing everything EXACTLY as she's told, to show to the Wonderbolts that she at least has the cognitive ability to follow directions, because Spitfire's right, people can get hurt. I know it isn't the best comparison, but you guys who who the Blue Angels are, right? Imagine if one of their team member did some of the shit RD did in this episode. Do you think that the Navy would be feel the need to keep this guy on the team if he risked destroying a 50 million dollar aircraft and also the lives of his team members? I don't think they'd be too compelled to keep him around. Spitfire said it herself "I've let Wonderbolts go for less than this." Jesus Christ you fucking horse. I can probably write a better scene right now

[cont]
>>
>>27295805
Spitfire: Mind telling me what happened back there?

RD: I'm so sorry...

SF: You better be. You changed the routine /without/ consulting me, and put other ponies at risk. I've booted fliers out of the 'Bolts for less.

RD: I know, and I'm ready for whatever punishment you're willing to give. You guys were right to make fun of me. I've always been a stand-out flier, but since I joined the Wonderbolts, I only stood out from making mistakes. It's been my dream my whole life, but I guess I'm not Wonderbolt material afterall.

SF: Look, Dash, the Wonderbolts have rules for a reason: so ponies won't get hurt. You made the conscious decision to change the routine and perform it yourself, and judging by how it went, you probably didn't practice it very much, or even at all. I am fully within my rights to relieve you of your duties as a Wonderbolt...

RD: I understand...

SF:...but I'm not going to.

RD: Wait, what?

SF: Dash, I've seen how well you can fly. You are a very skilled flier, probably the most skilled i've ever seen from a recruit, but you /need/ to get your act together. As of right now you are nothing but a liability, and until you can prove to me that you can follow simple instructions, you will remain a liability, and I will /not/ go easy on you next time. Do I make myself clear?

RD: Crystal, ma'am!

SF: Good. As for right now, you're on probation for a month.

RD: This is you taking it easy? Aw man...
>>
>>27292419
It was shitfire.
>>
the episodes needs more John Cena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY
>>
>>27295813
[cont]
There. I believe I've achieved the same result the episode was going for while having RD take that blow to her out-of-control ego she so rightfully deserves. You could also COMPLETELY remove that scene of the Mane6 giving RD AWFUL advice of "Just do your best to stand out" and replace it with a scene at the end with her talking to one of the 'Bolts the next day about the nicknames. Let her wallow in her self-pity while she cleans up the mess she made at the show, then you can have that uplifting moment after RD has the "Maybe I should simmer down on the show-boating business" epiphany. Even if you didn't like my revised ending I at least think it's better than stroking her fucking ego some more.

3/10 needed some serious work.
>>
>>27295823
>"same result"
>completely removed the lesson the episode built towards

Is this a joke? You're not serious right?
>>
>>27295857
What "lesson"? That everything works out every time? That you don't need to put in hard work to achieve a life-long dream, and despite you being a massive fuckup, you can achieve anything you want?

I know shit is perfect in ponyland but come the fuck on, this is pushing it.
>>
>>27292419
I loved it. The cringe was real, but natural. It was like watching an arrogant ass make an ass of themselves in real life. I also loved her Rararararararararararararararararararararara impression.
>>
>>27295887
You're serious? It had nothing to do with her dream. See >>27292758

Are you really telling me that in 21 minutes of RD overreacting to the WB banter you never caught onto a lesson made to children? The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>27295937
Except I brought that up in this post >>27295823
I understand that was an important part of the episode that needed to be explained. It could have straight-up replaced a scene and I think the episode would have flowed a lot better.
>>
>>27296010
Except your proposed change separates the part where she admits that she feels attacked instead of trying to change their opinion and the acknowledgment of her ego.

The point of the episode was not solely her ego, but in the context of those groups that engage in banter without malicious intent. If you separate the point being made about ego with the point being made about how it meshes with those groups, the lessons serves no more purpose than all the other RD ego episodes. It's supposed to be in the context of those navy/sport/any initiation group.
>>
>>27294094
>spoiler
Haven't seen the episode yet but that sounds fun
>>
File: 1449361871606.jpg (87 KB, 586x605) Image search: [Google]
1449361871606.jpg
87 KB, 586x605
>>27292419
Mediocre.
>>
I watched it.
>>
>>27292419
mediocre episode, but it was a good ending IMO
>>
>>27292419
It was okay, but extremely forgetable. Compared to other "X achieves that thing they sought" episodes, this was completely underwhelming.
>>
It was enjoyable.

I don't understand the "it was cringy" criticism. There was no cringe, I found it really funny.

Then I remember that I'm not autistic, and it all makes sense.
>>
>>27292515
Only good answer so far in this thread
>>
I liked it overall I give it a 7/10 thought it was cringy although I think they did that in purpose.
>>
>>27292515
>>27296724
fans of the fandom >>>>out
>>27292603
>>27292606
>>27292660
>>27292808
>>27292912
>>27292928
>>27292933
>>27292955
>>27293254
>>27293550
>>27294203
>>27295805
you would kill yourselves in the bathroom in the 1st day joining at the military forces and cannot take cringe
>>27293151
>>27293810
>>27293935
>>27294918
>>27296704
these got it correctly brohooves /)
>>
>>27294918
What? I though they were adorable.
>>
>>27296704
I never found any mlp scene cringey, even the spike anthem scene, hell I even laughed when it reminded me of Borat.
>>
>>27292419
It was surprising excellent.

I'm pretty sure that most of the hate comes from thin-skinned spergs who don't understand the basics of social interaction.

9/10
>>
>>27294094
What was the issue with RD's imitations? They were hilarious.
>>
>>27296846
You're as cringy as the episode.
>>
>>27292496
who is that NRDT guy?
>>
>>27292515
You simply can't win on this board!
>>
>>27295857
>lesson
>mlp
choose one
>>
>>27292419
OoC/10
I can't believe they just went with Rainbow Crash again instead of something new or creative, like she always getting called Rainbow Crash before anyways
>>
>>27292419
I hate Rainbow Dash, but it was a good ep; probably the best in the season so far, though that's saying disappointingly much.
>>
>>27292419
very meh.
>>
Why did the Wonderbolts get the moral high ground even though they've been shown to be childish, shallow, incompetent and backstabbing? What was the moral supposed to be? Is it sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never me? Or is it that we should take pride in being insulted and mocked as it shows camaraderie and friendship? Why did Rainbow suddenly become horrid at flying? One thing I noticed, near the beginning, when Spitfire told Rainbow Dash to look both ways before crossing the road, is that Spitfire looked only one way before crossing the road. This makes Spitfire a massive hypocrite. Pinkie was a jerk in this episode. She didn't even bother to see one of her BEST FRIENDS FLY IN HER SHOW. How can anyone defend the episode after this?
>>
>>27299866
I can't answer all of that, but I think Dash was letting that name get to her and its affect on her psyche was making her lose focus and fuck up since EVERYONE was calling her that during their rounds. In the meantime, we NEVER hear anyone get called by their nicknames, but its okay because "it was just a prank bruh, everpony gets one ^:)))))"
>>
>>27299845What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>27300462
>Never
Speedwatcher please
>>27299866
>insulted and mocked
How did you manage to live this long if that shit gets to you? Even children are being taught to learn what's worth crying about
>>
File: disg_deaththekidandblackstar.png (487 KB, 1023x575) Image search: [Google]
disg_deaththekidandblackstar.png
487 KB, 1023x575
>>27292525
>>27292579
>>27292606
>>27292660
>>27292928
>>27292933
>>27293810
>>27294094

>All this talk about the cringe-worthy moments

Oh my god, this. I'm watching the episode right now since I get off work late, and I'm honestly having difficulty getting through the part where she's imitating her friends.

I don't even understand why Dash would think that this is a good idea.
>>
>>27300484
I dont think it was so much that she was getting insulted/mocked so much as it was with a name that held a history for her.
No matter how fast or how good she got, even Dash couldn't outmaneuver and outrun her past....
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.