[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MLP Show/Pitch Bible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 44
File: WsavW1v.png (190 KB, 622x795) Image search: [Google]
WsavW1v.png
190 KB, 622x795
Yo MLP, I'm looking for the leaked show Bible, such as at left. How much of it was there in those assets? Has anyone compiled all of it in a coherent form?
>>
File: sister feels.png (252 KB, 1114x716) Image search: [Google]
sister feels.png
252 KB, 1114x716
>>27258008
>celestia and luna die in the 2017 pg-13 movie
>>
>>27257913
moar
>>
>>27258008
That seems so bogus.
>>
It has never been leaked and is unlikely to be leaked until the show is over since the staff said there's parts of it they still wanna use.
>>
>>27257913
There wasn't a show bible leak, only a DHX assets leak back in September, and that contained (supposedly) a few pages of the show bible
>>
>>27257913
I'm reuploading the leak, should be done in 30 minutes.
>>
>>27259610
Done. Includes a directory and the old wonderbolts leak.
https://mega.nz/#F!vAoEiQxS!G9wvwWn1yEMJvXh3VOkfTg
>>
>>27259834
Bump in case you didn't see this.
>>
>>27259834
Oy vey
>>
>>27257913
>Him
>It's clearly a female dragon.

Faust should have been in charge of ALL the scripts so the horrid writing like "the stare" didn't pass through.
>>
>>27258008
I prefer where the show has gone now.
>>
>>27261208
Why?
>>
>>27261407
It is more up beat and sillier.
>>
>>27261448
Who says it wouldn't be if they kept Faust?
>>
File: tumblr_o6fm44bDp31uiyf3mo1_1280.jpg (439 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6fm44bDp31uiyf3mo1_1280.jpg
439 KB, 1280x1920
>>27262183
>>27261448
FIGHT
>>
>>27262183
All of her plans were pretty dark.
>>
>>27261208
Yeah the show got way more interesting once she left.
>>
>>27261208
Meghan McCarthy really pushed the show in a more interesting direction.
>>
>>27262492
>>27262512
>>27262472
wtf, you serious?

I can understand why they call people hasdrones now. Jesus christ.
>>
>>27262512
Hello, Meghan
>>
>>27262571
I am definitely serious the series got better after Meghan took over.
>>
>>27262590
no it did not. Many people moved on because of the choices Hasbro forced onto the show. Meghan was just the coat-tails of all the decisions made. And she did really the best she could, but the show still suffered.
>>
>>27262628
Because Season 3 was dark, a huge hiatus, and Twilight became a princess.

Season 1 had way too many fantastical elements to keep track of in the world while Season 2 went and focused more on character problems. The world was presented as incredibly dangerous and mysterious, whereas later on Equestria became a relatable fantasy land, and the world was presented as a far more wackier and sillier place. Once we reached season 4, the world was being built as far more lighthearted and sillier which was better.
>>
>>27262628
That could be his opinion man, I think McCarthy knew how to have fun. Plus I am a Twifag and helped me build an appreciation for Spike.
>>
>>27262660
I completely disagree, "sillier" does not mean "right". In this case, It just means pedestrian and weak. Something easy, not hard.

>>27262671
Thats true, my opinion is mine too.
>>
>>27262682
Faust wanted something that felt like Dungeons and Dragons for little girls.

When McCarthy took over she transformed Equestria into the Mushroom Kingdom.

I consider Mario to be way way way more fun than Dungeons and Dragons.
>>
>>27262682
But I vastly prefer what is being done now and consider it much more fun, I would like them to continue to be creative with new ideas even if some may seem a bit ridiculous at first.
>>
>>27262682

I find FiM is really weird in that there are two camps of, "it's bright and happy and makes me forget my shit life :D" and, "A cute show that sometimes sneaks in some serious and interesting undertones."

For as much as I want to call the first camp a bunch of cancerous faggots, it's sill a valid view.
>>
>>27262682
The show still feels fun and has comfy moments, it must be doing SOMETHING right.
>>
>>27262724
>>27262725
>>27262726
>>27262734
I wonder if the minority is right this time? I'm not sure, because I've seen a lot of people move on from Mlp. Must say something that such a large amount of people and content creators dislike something and move on from it after being so passionate about it, creating content and making review videos about the show.

I wonder.
>>
>>27262724
I feel after Hasbro's forced changes I think that was the best move to do. The show is still cute ponies doing cute things, and I think the more upbeat atmosphere emphasizes that more.
>>
>>27262726
The dark atmosphere is why I am not too excited for Guardians of Harmony. It harkens back to the more bleaker tones we saw in the first season and part of the comics. I greatly prefer the series becoming Super Pony Bros.
>>
>>27262814
>>27262788
My god the autism.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OFF MY BOARD.
>>
File: b5DTYFj[1].png (274 KB, 788x415) Image search: [Google]
b5DTYFj[1].png
274 KB, 788x415
>>27262724
Imagine if DHX got ahold of a Nintendo IP.
>>
>>27262854
>wanting le edgy shit
You are the autist here.
>>
>>27262782
People get bored of things.
>>
>>27262934

This.

Most people who disavowed having anything to do with MLP did so because of fandom drama, and not because of the show itself. Yes, even including Twilicorn.
>>
>>27262934
>>27262964
Quality means everything.

Stop deluding yourselves that people get tired of mlp, it's not true. What they got tired of is all the shit that happened with the show.
>>
>>27262726
Yeah, honestly that dark and adventurous tone was what caught my attention from the very beginning.
> First two episodes, a dark god threatens the annhiliation of the world
> Then fucking star bear out of nowhere
> Then griffon shows up

"Dungeons and Dragons for little girls" sounds awesome, in my opinion, and if anything I've found Equestria being slowly mutated into North America WITH PONIES has been a critical part of what has been steadily draining my enthusiasm.
>>
>>27263030

Funny you should mention the pilot, since I actually thought that was the single most cheesiest episode out of the entire series. Although the exposition at the beginning (i.e. the tale of two sisters) is what everyone really clung on to.

And really, the showrunners now are actually trying to add more adventure episodes. I think the problem lies more in the fact that the new lore they're building doesn't seem to coherently flow.
>>
>>27262977
6 years is a long time pal.
>>
>>27263030
Consider it more of Mushroom Kingdom with Ponies and you will like it much better.
>>
>>27263114
In retrospect, you're not wrong about the series premiere - that they shoved what was meant to be a season arc into two episodes really shows. That said, however, it was enough at the time to grab my attention and convince me to stick around - which is all a premiere really has to do.

Agreed about the newer adventure episodes. I think a lot of it comes down to being limited by two things: Single-episode story arcs, which demand they invent a new conflict and lore around it for a new episode, and a strange obsession with this almost imperialist way of having the main characters go around "fixing" others' cultures. End result is a situation where a new conflicts have to be set up, but it has to be contrived so that only the chosen characters can provide the answers.
>>
>>27257913

has anyone got a pdf of the bible yet?
>>
>>27262724
>Faust wanted something that felt like Dungeons and Dragons for little girls.

This is what I wanted too. Yes, shoot me. I wanted it.

>When McCarthy took over she transformed Equestria into the Mushroom Kingdom.

That's...kinda accurate, actually. Not necesarilly bad and kinda fun as well, but yeah.
>>
Hasdrones ruin everything: the thread
>>
File: full.png (278 KB, 715x636) Image search: [Google]
full.png
278 KB, 715x636
>>27262590
where's mah bait graphic

oh well I posted Zappa
>>
>>27262724
But, like those games, whether you like them or not, or think they're fun or not, Mario games will always have the same premise created by the game developers sending you on a linear path. It's predictable.

DnD, however, may be boring to you, but you have to see that a game can have so many out comes and possibilities. Eventually, a nice and perfect world becomes shallow, and predictable, while a fantastical and mysterious world will ultimately lead to more avenues for character development, and setting development. Hell, if they kept the fantasy setting, we may have had actual, full blown war at this point.
>>
>>27257913
For the confused, here is le official good opinion:

S1 (eps 1-28) has strong worldbuilding/mythology, a clearly-defined large-scale arc structure, balanced character traits, lovingly-crafted ensemble character interactions, subtly subversive undertones, and most of all -- heart. You can tell that someone really cared about & believed in what they were making, and were excited to be doing it.

S2 (eps 29+) has glimmers of S1 in some eps, but mostly the characters and their interactions are quite a bit more one-dimensional. Humor seems more gag-based and less subtly specific to the characters and their particular personalities in their present situations. More lazy, yet somehow "flashier." Not really any consistent perspective, and the mythology/wouldbuilding aspects become more scattershot and lazy along with the writing, pacing, etc. It feels like someone wanted to care but ultimately couldn't.

S3 sucks. Really lazy. Cranked out as de riguer. Some good stuff, but not more or less than a show like Pound Puppies or Littlest Pet Shop or whatever. Not really "special" or worthwhile at all except for the hype lingering from better days (hey, at least they still look cute!). Characters are rather cardboard by this time, ensemble moments are wooden, gags are really not that clever beyond standard paid-employee cartoon-writer-4-hire fare.

S4 and on get better, but the worldbuilding never recovered, the heart never really came back. The writing improved, and at least they seemed to be trying more, but key elements are pretty much totally missing (carefully crafted large-scaled character ensemble moments, great overall structure, a compassionate drive for originality, integrated mythos, etc.). Some good stuff here and there though, but really nothing special, there are MUCH better cartoons being made currently.

That of course is the official "good" /mlp/ opinion therefore if you disagree you're a faggot
>>
>>27263114
>Funny you should mention the pilot, since I actually thought that was the single most cheesiest episode out of the entire series

Friendship is Magic has to be one of my least favorite episodes of the entire series so far -- that being said I just started season 4. The climax relied on Twilight developing her friendships with the mane cast and frankly 40 minutes wasn’t enough to establish a long lasting bond between the cast. It just doesn’t work.

But at the same time I keep thinking to myself, part two could have been amazing as a season finale. We could have seen the relationships develop over an entire season, and then all the cheesy stuff about friendship would have had weight behind it. It could have been fucking badass or something, I dunno.
>>
>>27262934
If the brony fandom had been based solely on the show’s quality, it would‘ve been a lot smaller.
>>
>>27263206
6 years of mediocrity and a surprising amount of shit with the occasional diamond in the rough requires a lot of dedication.
>>
File: 1449332300194.png (953 KB, 720x1015) Image search: [Google]
1449332300194.png
953 KB, 720x1015
>>27262724
>Faust wanted something that felt like Dungeons and Dragons for little girls
Funny, the same accusation was leveled at the team responsible for the original My Little Pony special back in the '80s. Probably didn't help that at least a few of them had just come off from production of an actual D&D cartoon.
>>
File: 1457690270593.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457690270593.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>27264175
I agree, but you're still a faggot.
>>
File: 00000002.png (137 KB, 622x795) Image search: [Google]
00000002.png
137 KB, 622x795
>>27257913
there are only a couple in the leaked assets
>>
File: CAROUSEL.jpg (2 MB, 3497x850) Image search: [Google]
CAROUSEL.jpg
2 MB, 3497x850
I'm going to lose my god-damned mind if this doesn't upload. "Oh, 8kx8k bitmap can't be loaded, ohhhh. I stitched this shit together while drunk and tired. I hope you bastards appreciate it, even though it's not that great in the end. What good's a conceptual ponyville outline in the end...
>>
>>27257913
>>27264893
who scanned this shit? why is such low quality?
>>
>>27263917
I prefer the latter.
>>
>>27263917
>This is what I wanted too
All of us wanted it,anon. All of us wanted.
>>
>>27264086
Sounds like someone hasn't played the Mario and Luigi games.
>>
>>27264175
You're a faggot for trying to speak for /mlp/, but I can't disagree.
>>
>>27265281
its fake.
>>
>>27264086
But that's what Guardians of Harmony is trying to do, and that is intentionally trying to be more gender neutral.

>>27265842
It is real.

>>27265429
Clearly not all, look at the thread.
>>
>>27264175
I think after the popularity exploded MLP became less about a fantastical, colorful world and more about kitsch. It is not surprising it became like Super Mario Bros. as nearly every IP from Nintendo is kitsch.

Even then the fact that it still has lovable characters and a world after that is a bigger accomplishment than what Faust had originally had planned.
>>
>>27258018
No one die in the movie, anon. It's only the mane 6 and Spike in the movie.
>>
>>27262512
>>27262585
>>27262590
>>27262628
>>27262671
>>27262724
Meghen McCarthy is the worst story editor, worst executive producer, and the writer in the series!
>>
>>27265970
>It is real.
k
>>
>>27266009
All these comparisons to Mario make me realize how much more ambitious and creative the Mario franchise is. Although the installments rarely have strong continuity, we have seen Mario spend an adventure on an island resort, in a fairy wonderland, and into outer space....TWICE.

If we throw in the Mario and Luigi games (which are amazing and totally count because they have more complex stories behind them), then we have an entirely new kingdom, we explored the past of the Mushroom Kingdom, had an entire adventure inside Bowser's body, and then learned there was an entire alternate, paper universe of their world that existed inside of a book.

MLP seems to be going the way of New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Paper Mario Sticker Star/Color Splash. Same familiar world, nothing really new or exciting to look at. Because that is what MLP lacks now, creativity.

In season 1, as serious as you all make it out to be, suggested the world to be far more fantastical and interesting than just our world with ponies. We saw unique creatures and worlds all the time, even small elements like the poison joke seem lacking in the later seasons. What happened to creatures like the parasprites? Why don't we see more creative creatures in the series?

It seems like Hasbro executives want to be more creative than the directors/writers do, nowadays every big new idea for the lore is spurred by a new toy they want to sell, like DHX/writers don't want to bother coming up with that stuff anymore. Every great Mario game has spurred new locations, characters, worlds, lore tidbits that we rarely see in MLP and again is usually spawned by Hasbro execs wanting to sell toys.

Conclusion/TLDR:
MLP seems more like lazy Mario titles rather than the really good Mario titles, the problem isn't with silliness it is the lack to be creative.
>>
>>27266106
You hit the nail on the head. No creativity anymore.
>>
>>27266106
And now you see why people call the current writers lazy.
>>
>>27266106
>all these new locations in the past couple seasons
>people still meme that theres no exploration
and twilight isnt a dork anymore either.
>>
>>27266311
We needed a map to get us there, and they all seem rather plain compared to Cloudsdale, the Crystal Empire, the swamp, or the Everfree Forest.
>>
>>27266106
S1 had so much mystery behind it. S5 and S6 feel so mundane.
>>
>>27266311
The problem is that a location being 'new' doesn't mean it's interesting or good.
>Griffonstone is a shithole with not much to say about it
>Rainbow Falls is just generic Equestrian territory
>Dragon lands are generic wasteland #2918291
I mean, other than that what kinds of locations do we have? Even existing locations have been made mundane and boring compared to what they once were: Canterlot's become generic city #9112 full of generic square buildings when it used to be this fantastic place of mystery and nobility. Manehattan is a literal rip of a real-world city. Explain why I should be fascinated with these places?
>>
>>27266430
One of the locations we got a cutie map quest for last season was to a location we already visited.
We sort of saw the dragon lands back in Dragon Quest.

The Crystal Empire seems to be immune from this most likely because Hasbro execs want to continue to sell toys based around it.
>>
>>27266430
Oh, I did forget one: A couple of rundown villages populated by families warring over nothing. Whoop de do, I'm thrilled.

>>27266457
Even the Crystal Empire - I increasingly feel like it's just background for the characters to walk around in, rather than a setting with importance to the episodes it features in. The most we can really say to have gotten there is that the weather turns to shit of the Crystal Heart is wrecked.
>>
>>27266106
I know it might be a meme to discuss the possibility of aliens showing up in Equestria. As ridiculous as it sounds and how it strays away from the more fairytale atmosphere of Equestria and the show, I think if it was executed well it would actually open up a lot of story possibilities and greatly expand the lore. It could be awful sure, but if you are willing to be open to the concept there are many ways it can work.

The problem is, I feel like the writers would introduce a concept as huge as aliens and not have leave a noticeable impact on future storylines, it is like they need to be pushed by Hasbro (most of them) to let anything change the status quo.
>>
>>27266430
Canterlot actually hasn't changed much at all throughout the show. The rest of your points stand though.
>>
>>27266594
It seems less fantastical and more modern now, I guess.
>>
>>27266594
Canterlot as a whole has not, but when you look at the individual settings in it there's a lot more modern-looking squared-off brick-and-glass buildings. Compared against the whimsical, fantastic city of towers and bridges we saw before that makes it feel very mundane and boring (to me, at least).

Arguably that's because we saw the royal district and palace before, now we're seeing the common districts or something. They don't even line up with the kind of classical/rennaisance-era look of the rest of Equestria, though, so that kind of falls flat.
>>
>>27266513
I don't think it is a bad idea, nor do I think people really hate the idea. I just feel like it is something that would forever change how we view the world, and that is something that isn't taken lightly.
>>
>>27266430
>>27266470
anything sounds stupid when you say it like a condescending asshat.

>oh cloudsdale, its a bunch of fucking clouds with a rainbow pouring off one. who gives a shit.
>ponyville, generic town.
>everfree forest, oh my god a dark forest. how original and awesome.
>canterlot is just a posh village. no one cares if its on the side of a moutain, we never see shots where it reminds you of this.

i could go on, but the point is youre a tool.
>>
>>27257913
I have all on my pc it's about 20gb
>>
>>27266717
Rainbow Falls was a nice location, but still little seems as imaginative as what we saw in S1 barring the Breezie village.
>>
File: Dragon.png (3 MB, 1739x2403) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.png
3 MB, 1739x2403
>>27266089
That's based on another drawing from the files.
>>
>>27266935

I've always love that dragon, as well as the Ursa Mayor with the huge fangs.
>>
>>27266106
>>27266457
If you look at some of the most memorable additions to the world in S4 you have the stuff that was likely tying into a toyline Rainbow Power, Power Ponies, Breezies. Those seem much more memorable than, oh Rainbow Falls is a place now, oh yeah the Equestria Games were a thing.
People forgot there was a journal that was forgotten in S5, not to mention an entire location was being explored (Sisters' Old Castle) that was dropped probably because they wanted to replace the library instead.

Maybe the show is TOO focused on characters, maybe that's why we're running out of friendship lessons, why so many of the characters have reached their end game. Maybe lesson the focus on slice of life and throw more adventure stories, or do slice of life while world building. The Explore Equestria theme is at least giving us some more focus on locations we've already seen like the Dragon Lands and Manehatten, but even they don't seem nearly as inspired as the Everfree Forest, Maretropolis, or the Crystal Empire.
>>
File: large.jpg (127 KB, 900x1022) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
127 KB, 900x1022
>>27267251
>>
Might as well dump some more of the show concepts.
>>
File: shy_by_fyre_flye-d48bj3v.jpg (72 KB, 900x502) Image search: [Google]
shy_by_fyre_flye-d48bj3v.jpg
72 KB, 900x502
>>
Reminder of what could have been
>>
>>27267347
That would have been boring, you are boring, stop posting the same damned image as if its the most interesting and inspiring thing ever when it isn't, its Twilight in a goofy dress that will go back to the same damned boring things all over again and never have an exciting laser battle with Satan, duel across time and space with Glimmer or set off on a mission to expand Equestias standing on the stage of international politics.
>>
>>27267371
I can agree with you on that, but I think Starlight Glimmer is somewhat of a boring concept to teach friendship to.
>>
File: pinkies_apt.png (1 MB, 3160x1865) Image search: [Google]
pinkies_apt.png
1 MB, 3160x1865
I've been looking through the background stuff to see if there's anything interesting. I found it neat that they called this Pinkie's Apartment.
>>
>>27267347
From Badass Bookworm to Pretty (and Petty) Pony Princess.

We definitely lost the chance for something good.
>>
File: Picture 143.png (2 MB, 1275x1750) Image search: [Google]
Picture 143.png
2 MB, 1275x1750
Anyone know where this door is from? I found it randomly lying in a windmill background, looks like something out of Canterlot
>>
>>27267429

Scholars wizards are the worst job for a wizard. Princess wizards isn't good too, but at least have better stats.
>>
>>27267403
I would like Twilight to fail to teach Starlight friendship. It would be amazing if Starlight decided that friendship wasn't everything Twilight had promised it was and decided her way was better.

Twilight would be crushed by her failure as a mentor and unable to defeat Equestria's newly returned villain as she spreads her cult across the land.

It would be a great time to have Sunset come back and become cannon. She could return to Equestria to remind Twilight of her successes and that not even Celestia can get things right all the time.

But that's just me and my dream of Twilight leading a crack team of Sunset, Starlight, Trixie and Moondancer back in time to free Luna and kick start the whole series.
>>
>>27267429
It is still the same character.
>>
>>27267481
What if Starlight performs a friendship feat that eclipses anything Twilight has tried to do with friendship?

Maybe Twilight realizing her princess title isn't worth it because making friends isn't a competition.
>>
>>27267481
Why Moondancer?
>>
>>27267482
One is free to do whatever she wants, the other is a slave of the crown she's carrying.

Not the same no matter how desperately you want to defend Meghan and Jim's string of fail and bad choices.
>>
>>27267506
Well she is part of Twilight Hareem, She may not be powerful light Glimmer and Sunset or cunning like Trixie but she is probably more well read and knowledgeable than Twilight herself.
>>
File: revscary trees.png (109 KB, 864x468) Image search: [Google]
revscary trees.png
109 KB, 864x468
Some of the early scary tree designs were actually pretty creepy
>>
File: Night_guards_S2E20.png (398 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Night_guards_S2E20.png
398 KB, 1280x720
>>27267436
Fairly certain that's a prototype of the entrance to Canterlot.
>>
>>27267617
The entrance looks like Celestia's vagina (and the butthole is up there too.)
>>
>>27267525
I am pretty sure Twilight wants to take on her princessly duties, she is a slave to Celestia if anything and has been since the beginning.

>>27267549
So are Spike, Lemon Drops, and Minuette. Why would they free Nightmare Moon anyway?
>>
>>27267641
>I am pretty sure Twilight wants to take on her princessly duties
Take your headcanon elsewhere.
>>
>>27267660
If she didn't want to, then why not quit?
>>
>>27267669
English, please.
>>
>>27267681
If she doesn't enjoy being a princess and somehow isn't afraid of disappointing Celestia, then why doesn't she quit?
>>
>>27259024
A lot of what this fuckwad claimed has clearly not been shown to be true - he claimed the staff were doing everything they can to distance the show and its content from Lauren's ideas, for starters.

And that hasn't really happened apart from Twilicorn, has it?

Oh, and she once said 'MLP seems to be doing fine without me.' About a year ago.

>>27259834
Wonderbolts leak?
>>
>>27267641
Because if Nightmare Moon hadn't been freed then Twilight would never have had a reason to go to Ponyville, If Twilight never went to Ponyville she would never have met her friends or discovered the elements of harmony and Discord would have taken over.

Lemon Drops and Minuette arn't professional mages, Spike...despite Gauntlet of Fires best efforts...is still Spike.
>>
>>27263369
I want to know how they're going to have this work (such as the upcoming episode where Ponk and Rar go to a restaurant in another city together to help out the owners) without an explanation for them hearing about it, or motivation for going, such as the table, which served as both.

Why is that suddenly being ignored, even though it's still sitting there and has its magic?
>>
>>27267805

I wouldn't put all the blame on him, remember, his source was a very bitter and still mad about what happened Faust who still cried at just thinking of the show she left.

She probably was slightly emotional when telling him shit.
>>
>>27267690
It's ADORABLE how many shilling faggots defend the characters by thinking they are living person who think and act by themselves.

Twilight is a Princess because Hasbro's execs said so. She will keep being a princess because they can use her to sell more crappy plastic toysets than her original bookworm version.
>>
>>27267669
>Why not quit?
Because Hasbro would never (in a literal sense of the word; bordering on committing illegal activities) allow it to even be proposed, since the constantly demand re-writes that put toy advertising above all else.
>>
>>27267925
>>27267927
She has shown to be committed to Celestia since she was a child. This isn't even headcanon.
>>
>>27267925

Her original bookworm version never went anywhere because the original staff failed to take her in any direction period. You don't get to complain that plots went badly when you did zero effort on them yourself.

Twilight was always fucking bland, she was fun for 4 minutes of cynical screentime, everything else has been T-T-TARDY!!111 unfunny overplayed neurosis.
>>
>>27258008
>This Reddit idiot
>The show is being deliberately distanced from Lauren's vision!

>Season 5
>Season 6
>Both doing this thing from the Show Bible
>>27264893

That guy was full of shit.
>>
>>27267945
go back to equestria daily ur kind isnt welcome here
dick
>>
>>27266106
Since there isn't a Mario cartoon running I will gladly take it.
>>
File: school ext rough.png (253 KB, 864x468) Image search: [Google]
school ext rough.png
253 KB, 864x468
I kind of like this old version of the ponyville schoolhouse
>>
>>27267966
Mario had 3 cartoons and 1 anime though.
>>
>>27267989
What was the final design?
>>
>>27267481
As much as I dislike Sunset, I have to admit the five of them making the series happen would be a pretty fucking incredible way to wrap up the series.
Starswirl should show up in that though.
>>
>>27268052
Another time loop?
>>
File: rough.png (810 KB, 2764x1581) Image search: [Google]
rough.png
810 KB, 2764x1581
>>27268025
>>
>>27267481
Jim Miller has said Sunset Shimmer will never show up on Friendship is Magic.

Get over it.
>>
>>27268123
I would never trust him in a never say never scenario though.
>>
File: ATTITAS4.png (237 KB, 1034x676) Image search: [Google]
ATTITAS4.png
237 KB, 1034x676
>>27267625
>>
>>27268138
Go to his twitter and say that to him.

Maybe you could get him to drop some info.
>>
>>27268123
>He actually thinks this won't be overuled if/when Hasbro want more Sunset/EQG toy advertisement.
>>
>>27268153
Hasbro execs decide the scripts though, though Big Jim has some say so unless he is going to attempt to sway them otherwise there is nothing he can do.
>>
>>27268155
EQG is bombing harder than an islamic guy on crack.

I don't think they would want risking FiM's popularity like that, especially since Fim is still selling well.
>>
>>27268177
>Big Jim has no say and there is nothing he can do to attempt to sway them otherwise.
FTFY.
>>
>>27267925
Iirc Twilight became a princess because M.A. Larson didn’t know the show would have a fourth season
>>
>>27266106
I would greatly prefer some sillier adventure stories, I am sure some would work really well for the two parters.
>>
File: mlp-library.jpg (472 KB, 1600x1321) Image search: [Google]
mlp-library.jpg
472 KB, 1600x1321
>>
>>27268189
>EQG is bombing.
Need proofs.
>>
File: mlp-canterlot.jpg (393 KB, 1159x1600) Image search: [Google]
mlp-canterlot.jpg
393 KB, 1159x1600
>>
>>27268200
>Twilight became a princess because M.A. Larson didn’t know the show would have a fourth season
>We-I mean Hasbro had nothing to do with it.
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (409 KB, 1600x968) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
409 KB, 1600x968
>>
>>27266513
Aliens would, by concept, push more building and can easily be used to introduce a slew of new concepts into the series.

>>27268209
Friendship Games did badly, but the minis appeared to be doing well. EQG proper is probably done for, but the minis I expect to stay around.
>>
File: Ponyville_01.jpg (352 KB, 1600x957) Image search: [Google]
Ponyville_01.jpg
352 KB, 1600x957
>>
File: 3.jpg (500 KB, 1600x1237) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
500 KB, 1600x1237
>>
>>27268209
Visit equestria daily and check Hasbro's ales report.

Equestria Girls's toyline is on a hard decline regardless of the movies and advertising- only the mini toys are selling well.
>>
>>27266106
Also it being more willing to explore lore regularly allows Nintendo to easily choose the best powerups/characters to make toys out of.
>>
File: mlp-sweetappleacres.jpg (380 KB, 1600x949) Image search: [Google]
mlp-sweetappleacres.jpg
380 KB, 1600x949
>>
>>
>>27268243

Load of bullshit, Hasbro hasn't given reports on the min-sales, nobody keeps track of only one product, you will fail to deliver source naturally because it simply doesn't exist.
>>
File: canterlot alley 2.jpg (690 KB, 2594x1600) Image search: [Google]
canterlot alley 2.jpg
690 KB, 2594x1600
>>
>>27268265

Ignore them. They just want the minis to do well because they look like the anime shit they jerk off to.
>>
>>27268265
Why so defensive?
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/04/hasbro-releases-2015-annual-report-eg.html
>>
>>27266106
I would greatly prefer powerups and weird bosses to whatever Guardians of Harmony is trying to do making the series all edgy.
>>
>>27268201

Not with the post S2 writing team it won't.
>>
File: 056 - f01egs7.png (224 KB, 1000x769) Image search: [Google]
056 - f01egs7.png
224 KB, 1000x769
>>
>>27268274

I am not defensive, I am agressive, there has been no sign of those new EQG toys doing well, the last few reports dont mentiong product by each SKU they mention the line as a whole and EQG is still down. The WHOLE thing is doing badly.
>>
>>27266106
Can we even trust the designers to make any decent original monsters?
>>
>>27268279

Guardians of Harmony isn't even -out- how the fuck do you know what it's trying to do?

Even if you're talking about the toys, a toyline with a cannon that fires rubber chickens is anything except edgy.
>>
>>27266935
Faust posted that to her dA years before the leak.
>>
>>27268294

Nope. They can't even draw Glimmer's hair properly. It's pretty clear we're stuck with the worst Toronto has to offer.
>>
File: 113+-+Ow8pLWL.png (213 KB, 1000x433) Image search: [Google]
113+-+Ow8pLWL.png
213 KB, 1000x433
>>
File: Wind_Wooly.jpg (6 KB, 297x79) Image search: [Google]
Wind_Wooly.jpg
6 KB, 297x79
>>27268280
But it isn't that hard! You just gotta have some imagination!

>>27268306
Not even something cute like this?
>>
>>27268306
I thought they were in Vancouver.
>>
>>27268321

That looks like shit anon, so probably they could do something bad like that.
>>
>>27268324
What do you consider good, cute monster design?
>>
>>27268303
Didn't know that. That's neat.
>>
>>27268330

That's an oddly specific question, but I mostly like the monsters from Kirby and they're also mostly cute. But I don't think they'd fit MLP's art style anyway.
>>
File: mlpstk_ext_fluttershy_cottage2.png (3 MB, 2039x1003) Image search: [Google]
mlpstk_ext_fluttershy_cottage2.png
3 MB, 2039x1003
Don't know if this one's been shared before
>>
You know what my biggest regret is? Not starting a crowdfund and continue my magical pony cartoon away from has-no-bro.

That and not making a special forum where I gather all the creative and interesting /co/lts which I actually have something to discuss with them. With these /b/tards you either pain stakingly tey to shove sanity in their heads while their retards fluids start pouring out by the gallon, or you get a bunch of mute meme-speaking socially inept teenagers.
Suicide isn't such a bad thing you know. It's more painful to live like a dumbass for nothing till you realize your life expired and you've accomplished nothing.
>>
>>27268364
That thing looks a lot like a Kirby character though.
>>
>>27267886
For the same reason friendship letters are now ignored, and the journal we had in season 4 is now ignored: When you're limited to not having extended story arcs and have to work a new one every episode, things seem to get 'old' very fast. They need NEW NEW NEW all the time so you can SELL SELL SELL even more.

Mind you, for that particular episode it's conceivable they actually stumble into the situation. Literally.
>>
File: townsquare-DSs.png (3 MB, 1707x1252) Image search: [Google]
townsquare-DSs.png
3 MB, 1707x1252
>>
>>27268393
You kind of already have that with TFH.
>>
>>27268223
I get the impression you’re so convinced every decision the show makes is about The Money©™ that you’ll twist everything to some decision Hasbro made

I dunno, I just think maybe sometimes writers come up with ideas on their own...?

not even shilling, I don’t particularly love the show atm or anything, but jeez just calm down a bit
>>
>>27266106
This is a pretty good comparison.
>>
File: commit sodoku.jpg (218 KB, 680x961) Image search: [Google]
commit sodoku.jpg
218 KB, 680x961
>>27268393
>namefagging
>ad hominem
>I'll make my own MLP with blackjack and hookers!
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>27268201
That requires creativity, which the current writing team doesn't have.
>>
>>27268662
Why does everyone keep saying the current writers suck?
>>
>>27268754

Because they've seen their episodes and have basic cultural output.
>>
>>27268782
This season has been pretty great so far though.
>>
>>27268792

It hasn't, and your claim that it does says everything one needs to know about your taste, or perhaps lack of it. Maybe in the next life bucko.
>>
>>27268812
And this is from the people who say last season was amazing.
>>
>>27266106
There is a line between silly and stupid, going this route would clearly push the series into stupid territory due to bad writers.
>>
>>27268829

Can you blame them for being genuinely stupid?

Probably, but it would be like kicking a dead dog, allow them the bliss of ignorance.
>>
>>27268844
I am defending the current season, just to be clear.
>>
>>27266106
Totally agree with this.
>>
>>27268854

Oh, well you're doing a terrible job, shame on you.
>>
>>27268854

Your idea of defending it is saying people that are retarded enough to like the last one exist? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>27268870
People loved the previous season despite having nearly the same staff.
>>
>>27267262
This would be a unique case, more creativity not only means more stuff to explore, but more toys to sell!
>>
>>27268883
I thought you guys loved Season 5.
>>
>>27268887

You have no objective way of proving they were the same people. Besides it doesn't, since Season 5's story editor crew was MA Larson and Mhegan, while this one is Josh Haber. And that is not to mention that "good people" end up getting shitty as time goes all the time, ideas simply run out or they lose focus or whatever.

Weak argument. Try again.
>>
>>27266106
>>27267262
Why isn't Hasbro trying to put more creative people on the show? As silly as this is, this seems like a win-win to improve the series and sell more toys.
>>
>>27268294
Judging by the Chimera?

No.
>>
>>27268934
Bit that wasn't wholly original...
>>
>>27268934
I don't get what you're trying to say here. Are you saying they aren't original because they use monsters from mythology, which is what they've been doing since season one?
>>
>>27268939
My point is, they TRIED to make it original. And they failed horribly. They would have done better if they had just kept it a ravening monster.
>>
>>27268933

Hasbro is a company that makes toys, not stories, they trust the folks in the show because the show made money, they're not goign to fire them for being bad when they don't even know what bad or good is. All they know is toy production, plastic endurance, texture, play patterns etc.

They don't see a problem because they simply don't know what is bad and what is good, they only know how much money it made.
>>
>>27268933
Creative people cost money, I don't even think anyone on the show realizes that they could look at Mario as a valid template for new ideas.
>>
We seriously need to convince /tg/mand any other quality posters to help us at least once on another imageboard. Post some quality ideas and content and let the insane /b/tards and hasdrones wallow in their cesspool. Their autism is disgusting and has always been horrid.
>>
>>27268953
That's true, how can you not look at other media as a guideline for what is good and bad?
>>
>>27268933
Hasbro executives don't think that far nor do they care, all they care about is numbers.
>>
>>27268933
Have you ever worked in a domain where your boss was a dick-sucking slut who had no idea about the trade of her own employees?

There's a lot of real fucking idiots on this world, son.
Why do you think they haven't been capable of making 1 good Tom N Jerry cartoon since Hannah Barbera ended? Something as simple as tom and jerry and they can't fucking do it.
>>
>>27268957
But it would be a win-win for them, DHX would just churn out all the toy ideas and Hasbro would choose which ones are popular.

Hey this character/powerup/location proved to be popular? Ramp up toys and give the fans more of it!
>>
>>27268990
Contact Brian Goldner and tell him to sue Michael Bay, fire everyone at Hasbro Studios, fire the people working at Wizards of the Coast.
Then suggest some better, actual talented people to also work as both creators and executives.
>>
>>27268957
>>27268984
I mean just looking at the comparisons to Mario, made by a company whose executives value creativity, will have toy ideas spur up naturally thanks to the passion and creativity of its developers.

Why is MLP like Sticker Star and not like...Mario and Luigi?
>>
>>27268990
First of all, I think you're underestimating how long in advance things have to be planned. They can't come back to old abilities/characters/locations because they 'were popular', because by the time popularity has been determined the next season is well underway to production already.

Furthermore, what is popular on screen may not translate to profits for Hasbro. We don't get a breakdown of what sets produced the most income for them, unfortunately, but I'd be curious to see (for example) how toys of the 'friendship castle' - something received decidedly negatively by viewers - contributed to Hasbro's profits.
>>
>>27269016
Hasbro is practically a gathering for sore losers. Talentless , incompetent, stubborn sjw/losers.
>>
>>27266106
>>27267262
It just seems like the staff want to stick to character related stories as it seems like world building requires too much work.

I just don't get it, do the writers not realize that since they understand the characters well enough they can kind of make any sort of world building work? Heck, if you think your ideas are silly....FINE if can work the characters into it and not contradict anything major that's great. I and I believe others would appreciate the thought put into it.

>>27269033
True, I am still bugged by the revelation that it seems like the writers only make progress with lore/world building when Hasbro pushes them.
>>
>>27269016
To be fair AlphaDream was a developer made up of Paper Mario fanboys who made Tomato Adventure just to prove to Nintendo that they were capable of making a Mario RPG.
>>
>>27268962
What would that accomplish? Besides the comparisons are being made to Mario, and it is best not to contact /v/.
>>
>>27268301
>The original Discord with the actual head of a horse.
>That glorious succulent mullet!!

I want every art designer at Dhx fired over this.
>>
>>27266106
Mario is handled with developers who care what they are making
>>
>>27269076
> True, I am still bugged by the revelation that it seems like the writers only make progress with lore/world building when Hasbro pushes them.
Yeah, I can't argue with that either.

I still say a big part of it is that they seem to have a tremendous aversion to multi-episode story arcs. At this point I have to believe it's a directive and not a choice, because there's no way that they are unaware that longer stories would improve the show. With that limitation in place, however, worldbuilding becomes harder because you have to not just write but put through conceptual design and animation entirely new settings. That costs money and development time - so they can't afford to do it for each new place.
>>
>>27269202
There are a lot of abandoned locations though, we rarely see the Everfree Forest, and we discarded about half of S1. The background artists are already redoing a lot of backgrounds anyway.

Still they could still throw new things into the series without needing a new location.
>>
>>27269202
It was still DHXs idea to push Starlight Glimmer, and go with the boring plot they did with Flurry.
>>
>>27269313
Isn't DHX the animation studio? I don't think they decide plots.
>>
>>27269381
They have some say, Big Jim and Jayson have written the stories for episodes before. They probably talk to the writers too.

Regardless Starlight Glimmer was not Hasbro's idea.
>>
>>27269033
I just feel like the ideas aren't as amazing, though the Explore Equestria idea is fine, I think I could come up with another series gimmick.
>>
>>27269563
Show me one.
>>
>>27269624
Made a thread about it, here
>>27269726
>>
>>27268321

I remember that thread, that script it just a rip off of the CMC microcomic of IDW
>>
ITT: Hasdrones shilling the actual show shitting in the perfect canon of mama faust
>>
>>27266106
It's funny how true this is. Hasbro gave them the theme for the season and toys: Explore Equestria. So far the writers haven't done shit with it. Soon they might.

They didn't do shit with Cutie Mark Magic either.
>>
>>27267481
You're not the only one who dreams of that magical mare team up.
>>
>>27270036
What happened in the comic? I didn't read it.
>>
>>27270193
I was hoping to see something with Cutie Mark Magic considering all of the cutie mark things going on during the season.
>>
>>27270193
Dragon Lands and Manehatten?
>>
>>27270193
Why is that?
>>
>>27257913
Wven happen?
>>
>>27272648
what?
>>
>>27272674
When did this leak even happen?
>>
>>27272680
Around Fall 2015
>>
Are there any original sketches of queen chrysalis?
>>
>>27266106
I want a Mario slice of life/adventure show now.
>>
>>27273249
Only S1 here. Check the Art of Equestria book.
>>
>>27266106
Nintendo is a company that fosters creativity unlike Hasbro.
>>
>>27273249
No
>>
WHAT DOES THE OVERLORD FAUST SAY ABOUT ALL THIS?
>>
I'd really love for japanese moot to either make a /fim/ board or actually get some good moderators for /mlp/. Or at the very least stop fucking banning all the alternative links to other sites trying to foster a better atmosphere and community.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.