[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sooo, am I crazy or is Starlight stronger than Twilight? Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: villainous monologue.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
villainous monologue.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
Sooo, am I crazy or is Starlight stronger than Twilight? Every fucking appearance she's had, she's been pulling off some crazy shit.
>>
>>27236159
She is. Starlight is better with magic, but Twilight is better at subduing people with "muh friendship". At least, she was until today.
>>
Have you only just realised this? Even after she could steal cutie marks?
>>
>>27236159
Only if you ignore or forget every crazy magicks Twilight has pulled off so far. Only a few weeks ago i remembered she can use mind control and make ponies go through solid crystal
>>
>>27236186
Sadly yes.
>>
>>27236159
She certainly knows different spells than Twilight.
>>
>>27236159
Nah, not really. She isn't weak, but she would lose Twilight in a fair stand-off. Most likely, lose badly. She is more cunning though.
>>
>>27236398
>evidence
>>
>>27236159
She's definitely in the same league, and I think that's why she's on this weird friendship probation after all she's done. They already learned from past threats that the Equestria prison system has a 100% recidivism rate.
>>
>>27236408
>evidence of the opposite
She already got owned in few seconds, when she had to face Twilight in open fight during Season 5 opener.
And no, her managing to barely keep up with Twilight - who was continuously recasting time travel spell, running through worlds and being genuinely not prepared to all this shit, while Glim Glam worked on her plan for a shitton amount of time - doesn't show she's "stronger" or even "equal".
They didn't even finish their fight once, because it was clearly shown, that Glim Glam would ultimately win by distracting Rainbow Dash, even were she to lose the fight. That's why the easiest way for Twilight to win was to quickly and silently murder Glim Glam, which is obviously not a thing she would do even if she could.
>>
>>27236521
Ayy its you again.. Remember me anon? I argued with you last time about this.. Wanna go for round 2?
>>
>>27236159
We've never seen a fair duel between them.
>>
>>27236543
Last time I did that was day after Season 5 finale, are you sure?
>>
File: starlight.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
starlight.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
this debate is cringy as fuck, niggas, let's just agree they're both great at magic (although it would make a lot more sense if the element of magic who also happens to be an alicorn was far better)
>>
>>27236565
Yes and I'm going to mutually beat your ass like I did last time. Excuse the language

Lets start it off with refuting this >>27236521 off the table..

>face to face against Twilight in the opener. That episode was mainly an espionage episode for the Friendship Team. Yes, they ganged up on the one and only Glimmer, yes she had the town under her control but in no way did they hold any power in the group. But Twilight is the leader of the friendship team so Ill give her that. Even still there was a couple times they both had each other in a bind, Glimmer stealing twilight and the groups CM. Twilight .. Actually her friends did more work in bringing down Glimmer... But shes the Princess of friendship so +1 to her..

>her managing to barely keep up with Twilight
They had a fair fight. Starlight Glimmer had a few minutes to prepare for Twilight giving her the edge. Thats a bit unfair however, the only thing about this is that in an infinite amount of tries Twilight wasnt able to stop Starlight unless she used her one trump card that works every single time. That means a made Alicorn Princess Twilight has tried Everything in her power to stop Starlight and couldnt. I dont know about you but firing lazer beams that disintegrates things at each other would seem like they really are fighting to kill. Of course no one wins in that its a kids show after all There are plenty of other ways that twilight 'could' have succeded, Like magically keeping Glim away from Rainbow. If she was stronger she would have succeed, but every attempt other than her trump card ended in failure. Heck she even said it her self that Starlight is stronger Although I guess I will admit that her word is off in a way.

Sees >>27236677
Obvious favoritism.
>Shes the element of magic
Later it is discovered that magic is friendship. She's really the element of friendship tbhfam But I still agree this is an endless battle of cringe. No one wins in the end
>>
File: I wont.jpg (41 KB, 569x409) Image search: [Google]
I wont.jpg
41 KB, 569x409
>>27236974
But I was just starting to enjoy my autism
>>
File: profbook.jpg (44 KB, 382x523) Image search: [Google]
profbook.jpg
44 KB, 382x523
>>27236159
Nigger, her finishing the time-travel spell at the end of S5 was a bigger feat than Twilight fixing the fuck-up in her spell at the end of S3.

She is the one that should have been alicorn'd by now.
>>
Starlight's magic feats are the biggest thing that tigger me. Don't wanna retype essays now.
>>
File: Tiggers.gif (38 KB, 280x300) Image search: [Google]
Tiggers.gif
38 KB, 280x300
>>27237141
Wat'cha got against me? Buddy ol pal..
>>
>>27237054
You're out of your mind. And Twalot didn't need something like the map to make her spell possible
>>
File: pullitnow.png (302 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
pullitnow.png
302 KB, 500x495
>>27237189
Pull the tigger, Piglet.
>>
>>27237195
Starlight does show some magic genius in her by being able to amp up the spell to that magnitude.

Going by the premiere flashback, amping spells seems to be her forte actually.
>>
>>27237195
She need friends +1 GOD Its questionable if shes the strongest.. She is definitely going to be unkillable with all these friendship lives +1
>>
So Sunburst probably knows a ton more shit than everyone but cant do anything? That sucks.
>>
>>27236159

I would like that.

>>27236181

That too.
>>
>>27238039
Sunburst and GlimGlam are both reincarnations of Starswirl.
One possessing his genius and proficiency for spell crafting and such.
The other possessing his level of raw magic.
Twilight a dweeb. Twilight a shit.
>>
>>27240006
nice headcanon you got there, would be a shame if you couldn't back it up with actual facts of any kind, now would it?
You're going to post them soon, right?
>>
>>27238039
That's why he never wrote to his family or Starlight. It tourtured him to be able to memorize every spell in existance and to know exactly how they all work, but be unable to cast even the simple stuff.

For someone who had high expectations for going to Celestia's school, that would be a soulcrusher. Likely why Sunburst was in the Crystal Empire in the first place. Least unicorn populated pony place in Equestria.
>>
>>27236521
>who was continuously recasting time travel spell, running through worlds and being genuinely not prepared to all this shit
You should also take into account that Starlight had to maintain her levitation all along, which takes additional mana expenditure, while Twilight could just flap dem wings and focus all the energy on laser beams, so I'd say that pretty much makes them even.
>>
wew
>>
>>27241295
Using and maintaining high level time magic constantly is equal to simply levitating yourself and shooting a laser or two?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.