[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched the new episode, and holy fuck. Why was Twiggy being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
64 KB, 300x300
Just watched the new episode, and holy fuck. Why was Twiggy being such a cunt? Why was Celestia acting like fanon Celie? Why were there so many awful facial expressions? Why was the pacing all over the place? What's with another cringey opening scene? Why was Cranky there? Why was Vinyl being called by her stage name?

I liked that we got to see more of Trixie as a character, but that was just about the only good thing in the episode. Her friendship with Starlight will probably never even be brought up again. What are the new writers trying to pull here?
>>
So many questions, all i know is after ditching celestia like that twilight is sooooooo being bumped from princess to pony again.
>>
>>27235926
This episode felt like it was written by 10 people in the span of 20 minutes, where all of them were unable to communicate with eachother. Seriously, it was one big mess
>>
>>27235964
Yeah, that's another thing. Since when has Twilight lost concern for the Princess in favour of another issue? She could've brought Celestia with her, and then she could've recited her lesson to her like old Twiggy would've. This is the first time I've had a problem with her new character. Good job S6, you lost me. I'm sure glad I'm not a Twifag right now.
>>
Oh wait, I forgot about the part where Twilight claims she wouldn't have been able to pull off a teleportation trick, despite her level of magic covering that from the very start. It's like they haven't watched any of the episodes.
>>
File: The_Boulder.png (94 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
The_Boulder.png
94 KB, 333x250
>>27235926
A better question would be why are you nitpicking the absolute fuck out of a decent episode of a childrens cartoon? Do you do this with life too?
If someone brings you breakfast in bed and you complain that one little hashbrown isnt as cooked as the rest and that the toasts are crooked?
>>
>>27236060
>someone making me breakfast is the same as critiquing a show that's going downhill that I've been invested in for about 4 years
Episode discussion is what this board is for, and that's what I'm doing. I'm not nitpicking per say, just listing the things I disliked and asking for an explanation someone could provide as to why these things would rarionally happen.
>>
>>27235926
It really didn't feel like Twilight
>>
>>27236091
It really didn't. Maybe Chrysallis is in town?
>>
Why was Fluttershy scared of the manticore? She's literally the only one to have interacted kindly with a manticore before. She knows how to handle them.
>>
>>27236084
Ok, going to a buffet that you've always liked would be a better analogy, my point is enjoy it for what it is instead of taking the time to write down every single little thing wrong with it.. isn't there even an episode on this?
>>
>>27236222
I tried enjoying it for what it is, but this episode was just bad. I liked Trixie, I liked Starlight's outburts. That was it. The writing was poor, pacing was shit, characterisation aside from Trix and Glimglam was godawful... It was just a shit tier episode. Am I not allowed to discuss my feelings about an episode on a board literally made for doing that?
>>
>>27236003
Because she knows that Celestia's thinking on how Twilight's failed as a teacher, and as she was her former student, it would be embarassing for Celestia.
>>
>>27236306
Even so, would Celestia not have followed her due to concern? Do we not at least get some resolution between Twi and Celie? They just ended it on a gag instead.
>>
>>27235926
I didn't like that Glimmer was perfectly fine with making jokes about her past.
>>
>>27238288
I think she was supposed to sound uncomfortable while doing that, but it definitely was very vague.
>>
>>27238355
The first time, but then she said something similar to Trixie and seemed fine with it.

Also, Trixie seems even more useless now that we've seen that "proper" magical unicorns can do better magic tricks than she can.
>>
>>27236003
The Princess didn't even want to come. Twilight sent her a letter begging her to come, and then she finds herself sat at a table with those three, Twilight who's freaking out about something, and no Glimmer.

>>27236147
It actually fits. Look at the Nightmare Night ep. Fluttershy is only afraid of things she thinks she should be.
That previous Manticore? It was in pain, a child, and someone to care for.
This one? It's supposed to be frightening. It's a pony-eating threat! So Fluttershy is terrified, even though she's faced worse.
>>
>>27239235
I supposed that makes sense for Fluttershy, but the Princess still didn't feel very in keeping with her character. If she was begged to come, then shouldn't that be even more of a reason to follow Twilght and see what went wrong?
>>
>>27238379
>Also, Trixie seems even more useless now that we've seen that "proper" magical unicorns can do better magic tricks than she can.
im mostly just glad that they at least dident make her shit at stage magic as well.
>>
>>27235926
Trixie was literally the only characterwell written in this episode. Confalone dont really get the established characters beside Pinkie and Trixie.
>>
>>27239632
eh cranky seemed in character at least rainbow dash was fine except for not sperging out and taking starlight off to teach her about the wonderbolts.

for that matter why dident starlight know about i know that after sunburst left she became even more withdrawn but surely she heard of them when she was a filly.
>>
>>27239639
For a character who became a villain becasue of Sunburst, she somehow became more attached to Trixie in just a single episode. I don't really feel her genuine emotional bond.

Discord was handled better. Fluttershy is stil his closest friend even if he befrineded Mane6. He doesn't treat Fluttershy and Twilight in the same way and don't make "several BESTEST friends" The word BEST mean special and one of a kind.
>>
>>27235926
>Why is Twilight such a control freak?

Twilight is so dead, /mlp/ doesn't remember how her character worked.

The whole episode she is talking about her fork placements and sneaking in pushes like a creep. Just like in Lesson Zero, Look Before You Sleep, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Spike At Your Service etc.
>>
>>27239661
That's her old personailty of being "adorkable", it was mainly forgotten after she became a serious boring Princess toy.

My main issue with her in this episode was mostly out of place mistrust toward Trixie, even though she was never antagonistic toward her in any other epsiode. She was apologetic and full of pity toward Trixie. She would be happy that she makes friends with anyone. Especially Starlight whome would obviously have a common ground.

Twilight would make sense if it was Discord insisting on befrineding Starlight because she know that Discord likes to be influencial. He already affected Fluttershy to be more supporting toward him than toward Twilight.
>>
>>27239661
its a shame twilight is meant to be like this so its good when she is but it also highlights just how poor a choice she is for princess of friendship
>>
>>27239661
Except we do, and this wasn't it. I'd been watching a few season one episodes just before deciding to watch this one, and there was a drastic difference. Before she was autistic but cute, now she's a cunt.
>>
>>27239684
She shoudn't be a princess at all. Every episode only prove that she's either non vital to have this title or that she is met with hostility or ponies trying to suck up to her.

It was hamfisted and writers don't know what to do with either princeshood or her castle.

Whoever Hasbro executive invented it should have commited Sudoku.
>>
>>27239696
hell they could probably have fixed it by just having her declared as princess in training instead of princess toy department gets there wings we get a character that acts like shes meant to act without it casting celestias judgment in extremely poor light.
>>
>>27239694
She gave a good reasoning for being a cunt, that went with her character. She is to show Celestia how well her villain redeeming friendship teaching is going.

Whats actually bringing this episode down is Trixie. At the end of Magic Duel, she had a redeeming moment. This episode's writing pulls that back a little.
>>
>>27239736
It wasn't Trixie who was at fault. Yes she was redemeed in Magic Duel and in Second Prances she wasn't a villain at all. She had a hardship being trusted by other ponies and her main motivation is becoming popular by perfomring a magic trick to apologise to everyone. She didn't held any grudge against Twilight. She felt genuine bond with Starlight for being misjudged. Twilight was acting OOC to mistreat either Starlight and Trixie when she was already acting like Mother Teresa toward them in their epsiodes when they were both evil. Its kind of annoying when she act so disgustingly pure good and understanding when they are evil and then change her personality into mistrust and bitchy behaviow when they trying to act civil.

Twilight doesn't work that way except with Discord who have a bone to pick with her. Other characters don't make sense as none of them hold any grudge against her.
>>
>>27239652
Sunburst isn't her best friend she just wanted to move on and make other friends
>>
>>27235926
>Why was Twiggy being such a cunt?
trixie has been a faggot to her twice; the second time enslaving a whole town. she also didnt exactly fully repent.
>Why was Celestia acting like fanon Celie?
if you mean being impatient, its probably because shes fucking busy and the shit she put off so she could give twilight some time to show off her first student was being wasted, not to mention twilight was acting like a spazz.
>Why were there so many awful facial expressions?
its a cartoon. kids find them amusing. remember looney tunes?
>Why was the pacing all over the place?
you get 22 minutes and you have to decide which events and character developments are worth that time more than other stuff.
>What's with another cringey opening scene?
whats with another cringy topic?
>Why was Cranky there?
nose hair trimmers.
>Why was Vinyl being called by her stage name?
because twilight isnt personal friends with the famous artist known to her fans as DJ-Pon3
>What are the new writers trying to pull here?
your dick.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.