[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was their motivation to win the Friendship Games? Was there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
What was their motivation to win the Friendship Games?

Was there anything at stake?
>>
>>27233763
>EQG
who cares?
>>
>>27233763
School pride, some trophies, etc
Until SciTwi makes it personal by bringing that magic absorbing device
>>
>>27233781
So nothing really?
>>
>>27233793
If you look at mankind with the idea that our special talent is making big deals out of nothing, then things get funky pretty darn quick
>>
File: 1450654794868.png (365 KB, 379x908) Image search: [Google]
1450654794868.png
365 KB, 379x908
>>27233763
They said it at the beginning, nothing but school pride and bonding. Which made Crystal Prep's principle that much more crazy for almost destroying the world over a meaningless competition.
>>
>>27233961
Is that why I can't remember anything from the movie before SciTwi ends up at CHS?
>>
>>27233770
From your post
You do

You cared enough to enter a EQG thread and post in it
>>
>>27233995
This
>>
>>27233763
They would get memed on for another year I guess
It's EqG let's not pretend like anything in that pile of shit is well thought out
>>
>>27233763
WE'VE COME THIS FAR
AND WE'RE NOT GOING BACK
>>
>>27233763
Gloating.

Rivalries are serious business.
>>
>>27234666
Couldn't they just ignore them? Wouldn't the show teach that?
>>
>>27234757
It wouldn't be a rivalry if either school could just shrug off a loss.
>>
I think eqg is absolute shit and that it has absolutely nothing to offer
am i fitting in yet?
>>
>>27234795
But it would be a valuable friendship lesson that the show would definitely teach.
>>
>>27234830
No, you didn't get dubs
>>
>>27233763

Prestige.
>>
File: Bra7i1.jpg (54 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
Bra7i1.jpg
54 KB, 660x371
>>27234843
Yeah man, I mean it's just a game right? It's not like your spirit, confidence, and sense of self worth are going to be ground into the dust by getting so efficiently smoked that it makes you question everything you've put effort into.
>>
>>27234913
They already were losing, who else cared about the Friendship Games other than those two schools.
>>
>>27234929
Just because something isn't for some grand cause doesn't make them worthless. Rivalries and competitive events are pretty good to pride and school spirit. If at the least something to break the monotony of the day to day.
>>
>>27234929
>constantly lose
>no one expects you to win
>no one wants you to win anyway
>win and live in glory
summer 2015. never 4444get.
>>
>>27234956
When you try to compare this shit to the world being in danger, and we don't even see them prepare in the movie, just a pep rally...yeah.

We needed the plot to be essentially interrupted with magic going out of control because it was boring as shit.
>>
>>27234956
It does as far as entertainment goes. While some bs highschool rivalry may be something worth while, and your "school spirit" (I swear only burgers get that fucking involved in their schools, and only they end up shooting them too) may be important to you while you attend, it is boring as all fuck to watch from the outside as a 3rd party observer. Most certainly glad the magical shit happened, because none of the EqG girls are moe enough to make it worth slogging through more boring generic pseudo american highschool bullshit.
>>
>>27235014
This, we're not attached to CHS enough to relate to their struggles.
>>
>>27234992
>>27235014
My point wasn't that it was a good framing device, my point was that it wasn't illogical for high school to care for the event.
>>
>>27235048
I get that, I can understand WHY they would care, but both the characters and the direction seems to want us to care about our heroes succeeding in this the way they succeeded in the previous two adventures.
>>
>>27233763
Because high school is THEE most important thing in a person's life. Everything you do there is life defining and carries with you for the rest of your life.

t. every high school show ever made
>>
>>27235095
Yeah but they never care about grades. All my college life was grades and SATs.
>>
>>27235067
I'm not disagreeing with this, I was defending the implication that I agreed with how overtly important the event was. Much in the same way the last one was a Battle of the Bands and the previous one Prom Queen elections, important to them not so much to us.
>>
>>27234929
Does it matter? All that really counts is that CHS consistently got smacked down for years upon years by vastly superior CPA teams. If CHS wasn't invested in the event, they just wouldn't show up.

Further, the games were just a vehicle, much like the battle of the bands and the fall formal in the previous movies. The fact that the events are occurring is secondary to the relationships between the characters. That's also why CHS has to win, because if they didn't it would fly in the face of the most important 'rule' that's been in place since S1E1: friendship wins.
>>
>>27235209
umm the movie would have just been an overly generic high school competition movie if the concurring plot about Twilight's search exploration into the magical energy didn't cause monsters to wreck havok on the event.

That's the problem, the fantastical stuff was not tied into the games.
>>
>>27233763
Typical high school BS
>>
Just standard jock shit. Super competitive, aggressive, cocky.... over a fucking meaningless game that means nothing in the end. Look at how heated douchebags who watch football (American Handball) get with each other.
>>
>>27233793
School competitions are generally like that.
>>
ITT: NEETS trying to understand normie stuff
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.