[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>My town's local convention is too afraid to expand or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (123 KB, 425x401) Image search: [Google]
file.png
123 KB, 425x401
>My town's local convention is too afraid to expand or do anything to attract new people

None of you even knew St. Louis has had a con since 2013, have you? They just refuse to do anything that promotes it, including inviting any show staff. And then they complain they don't get enough people to come despite there being no reason for them to.
>>
>>27233565
>going to cons

You have no right to complain
>>
I was there last year. I'll probably go again this year.
>>
>>27233565
Maybe they should act less like Flutterbutter and more like Pokie Die
>>
>>27233580
I've tried to tell the people behind it that they need more show staff and prominent VIPs so they can get more people coming. How many people would you say went to the 2015 con?
>>
>>27233597
Only like a couple hundred? I think? I only go to horse cons to turn up with people. A couple turn up friends were there. I remember 3 major things from that con. Lee is the fuckin man, princess Mandy. And that mother who probably abuses her kid and was mad she couldn't bring her kid into the 21+ room
>>
>>27233653
I think if they promoted more and got more show staff they would get more guests. I am personally going back this year only if Jenn Blake goes. She's cool, and a local.
>>
>>27233712
I wanted to see her at Ciderfest but shit happened and I couldnt go. I didnt know she was local. They wont be able to expand without a bigger venue, that is for sure. The biggest attractions for a con are
>Show staff
less common VA's are cool because you cant see them at just any con and they are cheaper
>Musicians
Good music is important for the night life
>Vendors
Local people usually volunteer as vendors but vendors will get pissed if there are few people so they dont sell anything and people will be let down if the shit for sale is crap.
>shit to do
new ideas for panels and activities arent hard to come up with. Its just a matter of if someone will set it up. Panels that are entertaining (funny), educational (writing, music, animation, drawing, voice acting), or interactive (games or creating something) are usually the most visited.
>>
I'm going again this year. I kept asking the chairs if they needed help. Maybe I should bother them some more.

Tockar was a good guest though.
>>
>>27233812
They need to get out of Westport, that is killing attendance I think. Really the only other option is St. Charles and I don't know if they could fill that.
>>
>>27233565
That's not surprising, I do my best to forget that St. Louis exists in general, desu senpai
>>
>>27233565
There are too many cons already. Expansion is improbable at this point regardless unless the con is somewhere either without competition or in a major city people would actually like to visit.
>>
>>27233565
I went for a day last year and there was some political rally going on in front of the main entrance. I've honestly been debating if I should just go to one of the major cons just to see what it's like.
>>
File: EqG is Hell.png (56 KB, 371x373) Image search: [Google]
EqG is Hell.png
56 KB, 371x373
>>27233565
>My town's local convention
And there's your problem.
>>
>>27234097
Everyone here hates Ferguson too, family.
>>
Wouldn't a small con be more fun?

My perfect con would be a couple of hours of trading art with my internet friends and then maybe hitting up a bar a few hours with them.
>>
>>27236046
>>27233565

Alright, so who all is this. The St. Louis community isn't that big anyway. Why aren't we getting drinks every other weekend anyway?
>>
>>27236619
Where in St. Louis is good for this? What part of the metro are all of you in? I'd be up for it later this year when I actually turn 21.

We need to go to to the Crystal Fair though. Ravs a cute.
>>
>>27233565
When is it? I'm in Columbia right now
>>
>>27236771
September 16-18, apparently. So far only Lee Tockar is coming, but I'm sure they'll announce other people. Hopefully they can glean some from MWBFKC. But I've got to say that this con is just less impressive than it should be. Again, it comes down to hesitation.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.