[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starlight Glimmer was'n hasbro idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Thanks a lot faggot.png (56 KB, 622x351) Image search: [Google]
Thanks a lot faggot.png
56 KB, 622x351
Just a reminder to blame Jim and not hasbro for the addition of mary sue glimmer to the main cast.

https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/724721596665978880?lang=es
>>
>>27231322

How the FUCK is glimmer a mary sue?
Every episode she's in is about how flawed she is
Adding Glim to the cast is literally the best decision they've made in years
>>
>>27231322
Personally, I don't think it's a bad idea. It gives more options and stretch possibilities of episode plots for the writers to work on.

The problem, however, is that most of the writers in the show are downright terrible, regardless of the options they have.
>>
Pretty sure the Season 5 finale was the only one not dreamed up by Hasbro to sell toys.
>>
>>27231370
This. Standing directly in front of an empty goal and still missing won't do anything.
>>
>>27231322
>Mary Sue
>Starlight Glimmer

Please don't use words you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>27231355
She's not a mary sue, but a failure
>>
>>27231450

And that makes her an interesting character
>>
>>27231455
Maybe, or maybe her failures are only used as an excuse to give unused character an episode and a contrast

e.g. spike x glimmer episode, trixie x glimmer episode
>>
>>27231322
But this was a great idea.
>>
>>27231322
Flurryheart wasn't Hasbro's idea either.
>>
>>27231531

Now you're just baiting
>>
>>27231539
no, m8. it's true
>>
>>27231322
>mary sue
You should know what words mean before you use them.
>>
>>27231554

Nice source anon
>>
>>27231586
I don't remember the source, but i think was form one of the writer's twitter
>>
>>27231539
Read Jim's interview on Equestria Daily.

He claims it was an "opportunity" and decided to run with the idea w/o being told by Hasbro's execs.
>>
>>27231756
The same interview reveals that Miller suffers from depression and self esteem issues, which explains why he's always trying to defend what DHX does no matter the quality: it's his lone source of ego fuel.
>>
>>27231370
The writers on the show aren't bad.
>>
>>27232107
I would say that not all of them are bad, but argue that most of the writers that we've had did horrible writing.

It's hard to discuss the writers' capability because we'd have to talk about each episode one by one, and there'd be plenty of nitpicking, cherry picking, canon wars and subjective preferences.

Eventually, the argument or discussion would simply be moot.
>>
>>27232152
Well what has been bad this season?
>>
>>27232161
Depends on what you think qualifies as "bad".
If you're asking for my opinion, I think this recent episode is the worst one so far, as I personally rated it as 5/10. Some would argue that 5/10 is an "average" score.
>>
>>27232268
I would say anything lower than a 6/10 is a bad score.

I don't see why the fandom hates Starlight or hates the current writing though.

The only bad writing was that Flurry Heart story wasn't that interesting.
>>
>>27231322
Jim be praised then
>>27231355
What this Anon said x100
>>
>>27232289
Then I guess I would agree to how you see what a bad score is.

Most of the people who don't like Starlight are those who aren't adjusting very well to change. I've been there before Twilicorn. I can't say much about the current writing for this season, though. S5 sort of felt like S1 to me, in the sense that most episodes were 7/10 and up for me, but the few that I didn't like were 4/10 and lower.

Perhaps that is the only bad writing that you are seeing. For the recent episode, I thought it was bad writing because the conflict of the story began and went on because Twilight did not approve of Starlight being friends with Trixie since she didn't trust Trixie. That mere skepticism that Twilight had felt off to me and I think that it was OOC for Twilight to feel that way towards Trixie. Simply from the fact of how the story progressed made it seem to me that it wasn't thought out very well.

However, I think this is up for debate.
>>
>>27232384
Bizarrely I find Season 1 and 5 to be rather boring. I think they are well made, but I VASTLY prefer Season 2 and 4 for their more upbeat, fantastical elements.
>>
>>27232456
I don't think that's bizarre at all. This is where I believe subjective preferences come in, and there's nothing wrong with liking S2 and S4 over S1 and S5, vice versa, or jumbled preferences.

Liking S3 is irredeemable, though
>>
File: 1445212208781.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1445212208781.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>27231322
Wonder who would have created a copy of Sunset Shimmer and also being both a headwriter for FiM and a writer for Equestria Girls 1???????????????????????????
>>
>>27232492
Season 3 has good episodes, but my issue with it is that it is consistently dark which I feel is inconsistent with the tone of the rest of the series and that is why I hate it.
>>
>>27232384
Probably because Trixie's only really been an egocentrical show-off for the stage and one time she got an amulet that made her evil. There really wasn't that much of a justification for Trixie to be an antagonist to begin with and I'm not even a fan of Trixie.
>>
Regardless of whether or not you think Starlight and Flurry Heart are worthy inclusions, keep in mind that the creative staff will take credit for them, whether it was Hasbro's idea or not. Telling the audience that a character was mandated by their corporate taskmasters to sell toys would be unwise, even if the character is good and well-liked.
>>
>>27231355
If it's any good, that is only because of how much they botched the characters they had.
There was a lot they could have done, but they never did.
>>
>>27232644
Okay, I was partly joking when I said liking S3 is bad.

In my case, I'm probably one of the few fags who liked Raise This Barn and all of the songs in MMC.
>>
>>27232492
Season 3 has a consistent tone that is inconsistent with the rest of the series.
>>
>>27232652
You make a very good point. However, I think that Twilight may have, in a sense, overacted in comparison to how I expected her to deal with her warriness regardimg Trixie, given thay she followed Starlight and tried to reto her to other ponies.

Again, however, my expectations based from my understanding of Twilight's supposed character may simply be argued as incorrect.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.