[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crystal Symphony [CYOA]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 16
File: 1461337265749.png (2 MB, 1024x601) Image search: [Google]
1461337265749.png
2 MB, 1024x601
A sequel for Crystal Warlock; Quest set in Sombraverse.

Anonpone link: https://www.anonpone.com/virginharder/
Crystal Warlock summary: http://pastebin.com/raw/GBPa5pgR
Character [Body Composition][Inventory][Known Spells]: http://pastebin.com/raw/7kVGUv8a

Last Thread:
>You are Aurora Flare, a pony turned into a Crystal Golem.
>Are currently on a mission to save Sombra’s Legate from Canterlot’s capture.
>Golden Shield is also one of your only friends.
>You are traveling with two foals: Trampled Flower and Scarab Amber.
>You made a stop at Hollow Shades; a forsaken and fogged forest.
>You encountered a group of bat ponies under the leadership of Nightwing.
>You and another bat pony, Meridian, managed to convince him to let you go.
>And now…
>>
“Why am I talking a golem? It’s a long story,” you cut her short. Your steps are swift and straightforward; the sooner you leave this hellhole of a forest the sooner you can forget this idiocy behind. Meridian, the female bat pony, follows you; it seems she’s keeping her word to the high pitched leader. She’s annoyingly close. After an awkward pause, you continue, “Let’s just say I was planned to be just another dead golem but… I didn’t die.”

“You aren’t that old, then. Must been less than a week, else I’d fucking know,” she says, hovering closer.

You pass your gaze towards the canopy, uncertain. There’s guarantee her comrades did not follow you.

“Just so you know,” she continues, “We have ways to deal with dangerous creatures, like you. In freaking case of an adrenaline pumping fight,” the mare salivates, “We would be the ones with a fucking victory.”

“Yeah,” you say with a mental, sadly empty, sarcasm, “Sure. So about that secret deal…?”

Lunar Meridian harrumphs, “I’m not telling you more than you know already. We ‘Lunar Guards’-“

“Wasn’t it ‘Nightguards’?” you ponder.

The mare rolls her eyes and goes through a barrel-roll above your head; she descends left of you now, “That’s just a foolish term Nigthwing came up with. As I was saying, we prefer to be kept in peace and seclusion and it will be stupid of me to trust you now; especially since you are traveling with a stallion.”

“He’s just a colt,” you say, “And I’m exiling them. What’s your deal with stallions anyway?”
>>
“Deal?” she raises her eyebrow at you, “What do you mean? They are stupid, lazy and untrustworthy, that’s all.” She follows with an expression as if this is supposed be the most common thing imaginable.

You answer her with an empty silence. The two of you finally pass through the boundaries of the Hollow Shades forest. Your companions are nowhere to be seen.

The bat pony lands on her hooves with a satisfied smirk:
“Well, now that you got rid of the exiles and they can run wherever they want… Care to tell me about what’s there waiting in Cloudsdale? Last heard there’s still a battle ongoing; you’re a backup?”

>What now?
>>
>>27229209
We have to find them. Call out for them.

As for Meridian, tell her she acts as if mares are not capable of what she described and more. Also, we are to see that someone important to the Empire is returned.
>>
“We are to see that somepony important to the Crystal Empire is returned,” you mutter.

The mare curiously raises her eyebrow, “How come I didn’t hear of that?” she acts surprised.

“Why would you?” you ask. Your crystal eyes are darting around in search of your companions. You sigh and trot towards the nearby cliff and lonely tree. No, they aren’t there either. It’s frightening.

She harrumphs, “Who do you think I am? Of all the bat ponies in that village I was chosen-“

She shuts up immediately. For emphasis of her own carelessness she puts both hooves over her mouth and ends the sentence with a grumble. You look at her with confusion, “Chosen?”

She shakes her head in aggravation; her flight is uneven, “That was fucking smart but no, can’t say.”

You hollow groan echoes through the flat meadows; she must have had attended the Vizier’s school of secrets. Your glance is quick and erratic; all things considered the crystal golems had no way to reach them.

“You know, the way you act is as if you think the mares are not able to do the things you listed.”

She blinks at such a long sentence. With a brief and angry whoop she flies above you and pushes her head right into yours, “Now, don’t be putting your words into my mouth here. I freaking know that colts can’t do those things, not the mares. And they can’t, just long at Nightwing and his failure of leadership.”

You mentally roll your eyes, “Whatever. I’m having a problem here. Trampled Flower! Scarab Amber!”

“Who’s who?” she asks, confused at their names, “And why… Eh, there are no patrols here so you shouldn’t worry. My mother told me not to venture against the mountain side as there are some oaken bears so they should be sa-“

“TRAMPLED FLOWER?! AMBER?!” you shout. Oh no.

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27230885
Shit. Where'd they go? Meridian, help me find them!
>>
>>27231202
>counting that some feminist will help us
Why would she? I'd want to look for the kids, but I doubt she is going to do shit for us.
>>
>>27230885
check if there any hoofs track on the ground, they can't gone to far
>>
>>27231986
It's worth a try.
>>
“Damn it, where are they?” your hollow voice groans.

The mare shrugs at you, “If they are smart exiles they’d go to Canterlot.”

“It’s not smart,” you shout. In annoyance, you rub your hooves against your crystal muzzle; this is purely instincts for you as you are unable to rub your own face. You say, “Oaken bear sounds dangerous!”

“Oh, it is,” she says with glee. The mare calmly licks her own lips and raises herself above the ground, “They are alike timbewolves but far, far worse. They say that one oaken bear can get as big as the forest itself. There are myths about Pegasus ponies that were forced to burn down forests because of the danger.”

“Tartarus curses,” you erupt; your hoof immediately strikes at the solid ground, “You are a good flier, are you not?”

“My mother praises me often,” she says, “I don’t see what that has-“

“Help me find them,” you cut her. You speak as fast and swift as possible as your eyes are darting in searching of hoofprints on the grass ground. There are several but… they hard to figure out.

“Well, it sounds dangerous and exciting,” she grins, “I’ll want to know more about what’s your relationship with those exiles are later, golem,” with that, she darts into the sky. In a minute notice, she returns. You only manage to blink as she’s already making a report at you, “I see the colt on the edge there, no filly in sight.”

She sounds disappointed. You dart immediately into his direction.

“Amber! Amber, don’t come close to it!” you spot scared and trembling Flower scouting down a steep cliff.

>What will you do now?
>>
>>27232148
Get ye colt. I have a bad feeling about that batpone.
>>
>>27232184
Yes snatch him up with one of our forelegs. Since we are being careful and acting on motherly instinct there's no way we'll hurt him. Ask him where Amber is.
>>
Your body is even quicker than your command as your emotions overcome you. You immediately jump into the cliff and snatch Trampled Flower with your crystal hoof. Your legs loudly grind against the cliff’s steep and rocky surface. Without much effort but with a trustable strength you push Trampled into the nearest safe flat on top of the cliff. Meridian lands nearby him with a harrumph noise of her own. Trampled looks scared.

“Aurora,” he whispers, “Amber, she… she feel into the forest down there! There was a bear figure and then… she ran away. I don’t know what’s happening, I fear for the worst! We have to get down there!”

“Pfh, typical,” Lunar Meridian replies, “Let the mares do the job. If it’s an oaken bear then she’s already…”

“-No,” he grunts at her, “She’s physically strong and smart!”

You look under your hooves. The steep hill lasts for about a long mile, and leads into another, more pine-heavy forest. The canopy is consisted of dried, grayed leaves. It’s as thick as the Hollow Shades.

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27232614
Switch your maternal instincts on. Get ye colt again, place him safely on your back and slide the fuck down that hill. We have a book protagonist to save.

We'll think about what to do next later. I hope that flying cunt won't bail on us now.
>>
>>27232664
All of this.
>>
You concentrate on one though at the time; your vision expands on Trampled Flower alone. You only give Flower the shortest of nods before you pick him up, as light as a pile of feathers, and put him on your back. Crystal are probably uncomfortable to sit on, maybe you should consider getting a saddle in the future…

You leave an enormous ring of fog behind you as you jump off the cliff. You fall into the steep descend with enough speed to slide down like you did back in the young days of your life; on a sled from the snow mountains of the north. You are purely concentrated on two thoughts alone: to evade the annoying stones in front of you and to keep Trampled Flower safe. You can manage to do them both at the same time.

Meridian is gently flying alongside you; she gives Trampled Flower a bodeful glare.

“Hello,” Trampled Flower says, “Are you here to help us?”

“Don’t talk to me,” she does a flip in the air, “No; fighting an Oaken Bear just sounds fun.”

You stop at the very bottom; your hooves don’t even have a slide and stop immediately. The trees are much shorter and less expressive than the ones in the Hollow Shades; they resemble branched and arid needles more than the pine garden they are supposed to be. The forest is unnaturally dim and gray. There are bushes and thorny roots going all through the dirt floor and above, as if they were raised by a hurricane yesterday.

“Amber?” you shout but hear no reaction. There are no hoofprints which you can spot immediately.

“Poor filly,” says Meridian with a sigh, “Well, at least it won’t be as deadly or hungry.”

“The oaken bear eats the ponies?” Trampled Flower gasps at her. She doesn’t answer.

>What do you plan to do now?
>>
>>27233230
Follow the hoofprints post haste. Pay attention to your surrounding. If a threat shows up, make sure Trampled can be hidden in a safe spot while you'll be fighting with whatever lurks in this forest.

Don't trust the bat. Never trust the bat.
>>
>>27233272
It said there are no hoofprints.

>>27233230
Ask Tramp what direction she went.
>>
>>27233272
Shit, sorry.
>>
>>27233272
so far this bat has a huge hate for stallions, love challenges and she chosen for something that she wont say what it is
>>
“Flower,” you look at him, “Ignore her. Tell me where do you think she ran away?”

“I…I don’t remember,” he says with distress and uncertainty, “I think to the right. Right, yes, that was it.”

Meridian visible rolls her eyes and then raises herself above the ground barely, “My mother told me that well fed and rested Oaken Bears are not as dangerous as hungry ones. Might not be as fun…” she scowls.

You shake your head at her and rush towards the right side of the forest. You pass through the same rows and trees for several minutes, all of them identically dried out and almost dead. You make sure to evade every potential dangerous branch which can possibly hit your colt. Trampled Flower.

There is no wildlife or other ponies in your path. You stop immediately once you spot something.

A creature made out of leaves, branches, vines and every other possible thing you can find inside a forest is standing silently before the nervous Scarab Amber. It resembles a tall bear with no eyes or mouth on its face. It breaths out before her very face but it doesn’t move any part of its body further.

Scarab Amber is holding her hoof barely above the creature’s head:
“What a majestic, beautiful creature you are. I’m not going to hurt you, trust me like I trust you.”

There is no conflict yet…

“Ah, there it is!” grins Meridian, “That’s a go filly; it’s in your trap!”

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27233636
Amber... I need you to come over here so we can leave.

I'm scared if we charge in that it'll spook the bear and set it off.
>>
>>27233636
look like amber might have this under control, but be ready if things go south
>>
>>27233636
These >>27233708 >>27233771
Calm down Meridian, goddammit.
>>
“Meridian,” you say as angry as possible, “Don’t do anything stupid.”

The mare flicks her shoulder at you before obediently landing, “True, it could harm the village and my mother,” she says with a slight note of a guilt, “Still, give it a though. Taking it down...”

“No, let’s not.”

“Well, then keep a close eye on the colt,” she says suspiciously, “He might ruin it all.”

“Hey,” Trampled grunts in response before he waves at Scarab Amber who finally notices you with a smile. She doesn’t react with waves and cheers as she’s still smart enough to not give your location or presence away to the Oaken Bear. You nod back. You whisper as low as you can towards her.

“Amber, I need you to come here. We need to leave,” you say.

Scarab Amber shakes her head and moves the hoof closer to the neck of the bear creature. The mythical beast responds with a growl; it leans its head closer to her. Amber is scared to move away just yet, “So many myths and legends about you; ponies just can’t leave you alone, can they? Don’t worry, don’t worry, I’m not here to hurt you,” she almost sings those words.

Suddenly, Meridian raises her hoof towards the sky. Her ears dangle in the air:
“You are right, let’s not bother the Oaken Bear just now…” Something is troubling her.

>How will you proceed now?
>>
>>27234089
what is she looking at in the sky
>>
>>27234089
It's just a cub, isn't it?
>>
>>27234089
>>27234231
If it is so, we should get the fuck outta here fast. With Scarab.
>>
File: Oaken Bear.jpg (248 KB, 860x720) Image search: [Google]
Oaken Bear.jpg
248 KB, 860x720
“What do you see there?”

“I have to leave for a moment,” she says without bothering with a reply, “If you decide to go with the fight regardless, wait for me.” With that said, she picks up an iridescent bandana hanging over her neck and with a clean, swift motion; she ties it behind her bald head. In an instant, her entire body turns into something which can be compared to a starry sky reflection on the river’s surface. Then, as if magic, she disappears.

The heck?

Trampled Flower blinks, “... I think that was a magical artifact,” he cleverly figures. “Did she just leave us?”

You have no time to bother with her now. You have to find a way to leave the forest with Amber.

“Amber, we have to go,” you say, taking a step forward.

The head of the Oaken Bear twists towards your direction creepily. It spots you. There’s no hostility coming from it. The branched skin begins to enclose Scarab Amber in some sort of cell, while the roots in front of the creature are slowly growing and sculpting into some sort of wicked, thorny wall. The bear doesn’t move.

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27234404
it's protecting amber from us, just act friendly toward it
>>
>>27234644
>>27234404
Let's try this for now and see what happens.
>>
“I’m not going to hurt you,” you say, your voice is hollow. You approach the rapidly growing and expanding wall of thorns, branches and vines. It’s solid and will take some effort to break through it. It seems that it’s the magical manifestation of this mythical beast and to attack it so far is not the best of ideas.

You are literally a bunch of crystal rocks; a force of nature should be welcoming you!

“Don’t worry,” says Amber with a courteous smile, “She’s a kindhearted companion.” She waves her hoof at you and Trampled Flower; he’s still sitting on your back. The colt awkwardly and cautiously raises his hoof in return; he lowers it immediately once the bear raises its oaken head. He gulps, he gulps loudly.

“Do you think, maybe, you can allow us to pass through your forest?” she asks again, “I can’t stay here, entrapped, there’s a chapter to be continued,” Scarab Amber explains with a wave of her hoof.

The Oaken Bear slowly moves its body; he leaves Amber entrapped in the wooden cocoon. It begins to slowly approach you and you notice every living being in the forest leaning or moving back as he moves.

“Um,” Trampled says, “We really need to get going. Please?” he asks the bear who stares at him blankly.

There’s some sort of commotion and noise above the thick canopy which you cannot see, birds or thunder.

>What’s your argument going to be like?

Tired as hell today so it's the last post.
Thank you all for playing so far. Opinions appreciated.
>>
>>27235015
i love you
>>
File: NNzJ8G8[1].gif (484 KB, 448x223) Image search: [Google]
NNzJ8G8[1].gif
484 KB, 448x223
>>27235045
>>
>>27235015
Ok guys, any ideas how we talk a wooden bear into releasing our friend?
>>
>>27237090
Maybe plead with it that Amber is under our care and we're in a hurry to get somewhere?
>>
Save.
>>
Do you think Vincent's writing style is why this quest does not have more players?
>>
>>27242405
It's definitely a possibility. It can be kinda fucky sometimes.
>>
“That pony,” you speak out loud as you approach the branched wall, “Is in my care. Don’t worry, I’ll protect her.” The Oaken Bear doesn’t answer, as if he’s completely ignoring you. The forest grizzly turns half a circle around his body and then, with a gentle and slow raise of his head, nuzzles back towards Scarab Amber.

You groan out loud, “We have to go. Please, release her now.”

The Oaken Bear reacts with a weird, burling growl. Then, in an instant, one of the tall trees nearby twists and turns in place and smashes you against your head and back. The impact makes you back down at least several steps back. Trampled Flower, on other hoof, falls off your back completely. The branches leave a ridiculous smack and rend across his face. It is nothing serious but, you imagine, but it hurts none the less.

Scarab Amber winces, “Despite me being so yet far, Flower, I can feel your pain.”

The Oaken Bear shakes his body and lies down in front of your mare companion and her makeshift cell.

>What now?

>>27242405
I've heard complains from people who dropped and that's one of their main reasons so yeah.
>>
>>27245099
Defend Flower.
>>
>>27245099
Check Tramp. I'm not sure if there's much we can do. It controls the forest around it. I think Amber might have to figure a way out.
>>
You are incredibly quick as you jump to Trampled’s side. There’s no severe damage you can spot on his face. There’s no blood or visible wounds. Trampled Flower raises his hooves off his muzzle and, with an angry glare, he stares the Oaken Bear down. The creature does not respond, instead deciding to lazily wallow in the ground near Scarab Amber. The filly pleas for it to let her go but, it don’t respond.

“Are you alright?” you ask Trampled Flower immediately. He responds with a painful groan.

“Good,” you answer with, what you wish could be, a resemblance of a relaxed sigh. You shake your head, “I’m not sure we can fight the entire forest, just the two of us. Maybe Amber will have to figure it out herself.”

Trampled Flower stands through the pain up. He glares at you as if insulted.
He says, “We are not leaving her here! What if it decides to hold her forever?”

“Trampled!” Scarab Amber calls him out sternly. She follows with a smile, “Listen to your best friend and allow her own wit and smarts to fix her own mistakes. I’ll be fine, trust me.”

Trampled Flower looks at her with uncertainty, “It’s a freaking Oaken Bear!”

She nods, “Exactly! Don’t worry, there’s no way I’ll get hurt with such a powerful creature protecting me.”

She has a point, but… Trampled Flower is clearly hesitating.

>What do you do now? Leave her?
>>
>>27245607
Well we're definitely not leaving her.

Now, what was that racket here >>27235015?
>There’s some sort of commotion and noise above the thick canopy which you cannot see, birds or thunder.
>>
File: Ice Cream Everyday.jpg (212 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
Ice Cream Everyday.jpg
212 KB, 894x894
>>
>>27247393
>>
>One player
Welp... I think the interest died.
>>
>>27249442
I'm also here, though more as an eternal lurker, I only seem to post half the time... and about to go to bed too, it's nearly 3 where I am

>>27245607
Continue to try to communicate with the bear. Understand the bear and why it mistrusts us so deeply to keep our own companion from us. Embrace and snuggle the bear if need be. If all else fails, boop the bear and hope all goes well.
>>
>>27249442
Or maybe people are stumped with the situation you've presented them with?
>>
>>27249467
>>27249485
Timeshifts are a pain as well. That's also a possibility, although the story won't be able to move unless I have suggestions.
>>
The thick, naked branches cover the utmost of the sky above you; you are unable to discern what exactly is going on beyond this annoying hindrance. You will have to find a place where the trees are not so close or, perhaps, leave the forest entirely. The audible, or at least loud, commotion has calmed down.

That will have to wait. You can’t leave Scarab Amber now; you’ll have to find a way to deal with the Oaken Bear, be it with reason or force. Deep inside you hope there will be no need for violence. You silently inform Trampled Flower of giving the talk another chance and he, understandably, moves away to give you the needed space. You are able to move the heavy branches of the magical wall with no particular effort.

“I think we made the wrong steps here,” you whispered towards the alarmed beast. You give Amber an obnoxious gesture with your head, as if saying ‘Help me out here’. She raises both of her eyebrows at you.

She then dramatically exclaims, “Oh Aurora, the child of mercy diamond and quartz of dreams, why are you not allowing me to help you despite the current realities of this harsh situation?”

“I’ll need your help,” you admit with half truth. You won’t say that you do not trust the bear.

“I am already helping,” she says with pitiful sigh. She turns towards her mythical guardian and dramatically encloses her eyes. She whispers, “She’s not a horrible, or even bad, pony, Oaken Bear.”
>>
Scarab Amber words are, as you believe, completely ignored. The powerful creature of nature stands up and looks towards you. You can see an eldritch, boiling glow inside of him. As soon as you take another step forward, several vines entangle your hoof. You rip them off cleanly; you come closer. Next, the roots burst out of the ground and smash against your body. Trampled Flower shouts at you with concern but you do not answer. Your mind and the dark magic are only set on reaching both the bear and your companion. In the end, you ignore or evade all of the Oaken Bear magical dangers until you end up head to head with him.

At closer your notice, this leaves your body slightly damaged.

>Body Changes:
54% [-2] Crystallized Flesh [Crystal]
02% [+2] Crystalline Debris [Damage]

“I’ll protect her,” you say calmly. You raise your hoof gently until he allows you to pet him.

Scarab Amber comes at loss as the roots surrounding her draw back. She clumsily slaps against the ground.

The Oaken Bear nudges his head towards, what appears to be, a deep and dark mound.

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27249812
Shit. I hate taking damage. We have to find a way to repair eventually.

Man... we have our kids, why can't we just leave? Cautiously check out the mound. If I see any red flags we're noping the fuck outta here with thr kids.
>>
>>27250860
>>
>>27249812
Check the mound but remain alert, and thank the bear for letting our ward go free
>>
>>27249812
Realize that was probably the most selfless thing we've done since Sombra took over. Be kinda happy.
>>
>>27251854
this tbqh famalam
>>
File: 608.gif (4 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
608.gif
4 MB, 480x360
>>27251854
This, we should take time in this quest to encourage moral behavior, god only knows how much worse things can get if we half-heart our moral boundaries like in the last quest
>>
I'm here, give me time to write a post!
>>
With all the proper caution and prudence, you decide to follow the Oaken Bear towards the other side of the mound. The Oaken Bear moves with heavy, crawling steps. Trampled Flower helps Scarab Amber to get up as soon as he’s able to enter the safe distance. As soon as he approaches her, she thanks him with a smile.

Both of them look at you with ambiguity over their faces. They are uncertain of what to do next, just as well as you. You do not respond; you do not even call or motion for them to follow. Despite feeling no emotions inside your crystal heart, there’s a pinching sensation none the less. The dark magic is in warm, albeit chaotic, disarray. You feel kind of happy. The dark energy gnaws at your mind in return: ‘you simply did this because you feel no pain’. You are not afraid because you won’t feel and suffer the anguish and misery.

The words chew you through yet, despite what seems to be brutal truth, you feel… merry.

Both you and the Oaken Bear stop in front of a cave’s entrance; you can only assume it is the heart of the forest. There are sharp bushes, wicked branches and edged roots all over the top and bottom of the entrance.

From a distance, this resembles an open, hungering jaw of a crazy, vulturous beast.
The Oaken Bear stops. He waits patiently.

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27253233
Go inside. Trusting dark magic never led to anything good.
>>
>>27253233
Gotta check out that dungeon.
>>
>>27253233
Kids, what do you think? I'd hate to disappoint our new friend but it's important to get to Ebon Point as soon as possible.
>>
You turn your head at your companions; you don’t want to make the mythical beast of nature itself wait, but you will not venture into something dangerous without them either.

Trampled Flower speaks first:
“I don’t think it’s a good idea,” he says out loud, “Just look at that place!”

“Oh, my friend,” Amber exclaims, “You are refusing with all your might to hear the heart of this creature, and you will not be able to do so unless you open your eyes. This majestic being is not dangerous.”

Trampled Flower huffs at her, “Last I heard Oaken Bears had attacked innocent travelers.”

Scarab Amber gives him a stern, motherly look, “There are always two sides to a story, Trampled. Aurora, I am utmost certain, I am ready to pledge my soul, that the Oaken Bear is not trying to lure you in a trap.”

“… That trap is more obvious than the Vizier once, “Flower comments, he overlooks the entrance.

You sigh mentally, “Both of you, I trust you to stay safe out here and if anything happens…run.”

“Aurora,” Trampled Flower’s voice breaks, “We can just leave…”

You shake your head in negative; with gentle and fluent motion you enter the absolute darkness of the cavern. The further you go, the less you feel as if you are even in real world. In about a minute, every single thing around you consists of an empty, void-less space. You cannot spot or feel the Oaken Bear anywhere.

No, that’s not it. There is something inside this darkness. It is something that makes the dark magic inside you sick, absolutely volatile. There’s a powerful energy inside of this cavern, it is hidden from your view. You raise your hoof and your entire body is thrown into a shudder, into a grinding mess. Underneath you, a few inches and one simple touch away, is something uncanny, something powerful and likely dangerous.

>What do you do?
>>
>>27253489
Looks like Sombra's, the note's, and the Vizier's dark magic doesn't like it. Let's put it in our mouth.
>>
>>27253489
Sounds like something really shitty will happen if we fuck with it. Let's immediately leave this cave without touching this evil thing.

>>27253556
>mouth
>>
>>27253572
There is already evil stuff inside us that doesn't like it. What does evil not like? Good?
>>
>>27253556
This. Grab the thing with our mouth. Fuck dark magic.
>>
>>27253631
I... feel retarded for not realizing this.
>>
You remove your hoof from the source of the powerful, contending magic. There’s no way you will be using any kind of spell on it, especially telekinesis. Your body is trembling at the mere presence of this unnatural magic. What can possibly be the cause of such disharmonious battle with the “Alicorn” magic inside of you?

Instead, you mindfully lower your head against it. Your mind immediately turns into an uncontrollable cacophony; you are barely able to keep yourself standing still, as if you are wasted on salt and alcohol. Despite the thick layer of all manners of crystals separating your dark magic and this energy, they are still violently battling against each other. The moment you finally manage to touch the fiery artifact you lose any semblance of the current situation and control you have. Instead, you feel your mind immediately shut off.

As if witnessing a dream you are fluttering through the clear, day sky above the land of Equestria. Despite your inability to speak or even move your transparent body, you are able to perceive the happiness of… the forest underneath you. In a brief though, you realize the fact that this forest resembles the territory of the Oaken Bear from the encounter before. It too has grayish colors and consists mostly of white pine trees.

You feel a painful tingle as you spot several of the Pegasus ponies pushing the rainy clouds above the forest away from it. Day after day they carry one with their butchery and thievery of the ever-free clouds. This causes the forest to slowly, painfully dry and die out. The pain inside you grows, it turns into anguish. You attempt to yell, you attempt to warn the ponies of their behavior but… not a single word leaves your throat.
>>
Then, Sombra’s army appears on the very edge of the forest. There are hundreds of ponies wearing Fidelity Helmets, just as well as dozen of newly created, and recently put to work, Crystal Golems. You are unable to vomit from the pain of what comes next, although you wish you could. The entire forest ignites as lightning starts raining upon it. The dry timber catches on fire almost immediately. There’s a battle happening between the Pegasus ponies and Sombra’s army.

In the midst of this ruthless and bitter battle, covered in the hot ash, lies a corpse of an Oaken Bear…

>Body Changes:
02% [-1] Alicorn ‘Dark’ Magic [Magic]
03% [+1] Volatile Arcane [Magic]

You react as soon as you are awake from this nightmare of a reminder. Despite this, you feel wobbly and weak; your body follows with immense delay. What you assume was a powerful artifact turns out to be a simple, broken branch of a tree. There’s a whole pile of the same, identical branches in front of you.

There’s a creepy, suffocating singing of birds behind you. It’s the roar of the Oaken Bear.

He is standing there.

>What do you do next?
>>
>>27254120
>lies a corpse of an Oaken Bear
I don't think those are just branches.
>>
>>27254120
so the war is killing the forest which in turn killing the oaken bears, we need this war to end so the forest can go back to what it was before
>>
>>27254120
Well this endeavor was effectively worthless and has resulted in damage to our body and draining of our power.

At least we know a short term solution to help the forest; bring rainclouds back. Walk back to the bear and tell him that we promise to do all we can to help this forest. Then let's finally get the fuck outta here and on course to Ebon Point.

Does this segment have anyone else thinking "cave of evil" and "Hei Bai"?
>>
Cutting it here for today. See ya tomorrow.
>>
>>27255623
>>
You glare straight into the glowing, phantom presence of the Oaken Bear before you. Despite the cold, yellowish glow of his aura, the void-less dark remains completely untouched. As you approach the Oaken Bear closer, he illusively phases away. It appears that the mythical beast is satisfied with what he showed you. After touching and cracking the branch of the powerful, natural magic, you have a painful sensation inside your throat, as if you accidently burned your tongue with a gulp of freshly boiled water.

Despite your best efforts, your mind’s a mess. Your body reacts with impossible lag, as if you are trying to speed up the fall of a feather. For some reason you feel much tired than usual, even more than the last time you used several magical spells in a row. It takes you a long, annoying while to finally reach the entrance.

You can feel the dark energy reacting against your best wishes and commands. The pitiful flow of the dark arcane is mellow, weak and obnoxious. You deeply hope that it will calm down once you leave the forest.

You wave both Trampled and Amber a wave of your hoof; they hug each other in a satisfied delight. It takes a while for your head to turn back in order to thank the Oaken Bear and tell him that you’ll do what he asks of you. Instead, you spot a bear cub sitting upon your back. Unlike its bigger sibling it’s made out of smaller materials: cone shells, pine needles, dried leaves and pieces of forest bark.

It causes you an immense pain to even simply look at it.

What in the world…?

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27257508
No wonder our magic is fucked. This little shit has been sitting on our back.

Anywho, as cute as I am sure he is tell Amber to please get him off our back, as he is causing us immense pain. Maybe try sitting down and getting him to slide off our back?
>>
>>27257508
Kneel and see if he gets off. Otherwise, ask Amber for help pls.
>>
>>27258258
This, basically.
>>
Burn the Vizier bump
>>
Fair Trade did nothing wrong.
>>
>>27259380
Literally kill yourself.
>>
Abump
>>
Shove a cactus up the Vizier's arse bump.
>>
At the sight of the beast you grunt in disbelief; seriously? You strike your crystal hooves into the dirt ground. Then, you tenderly shake your entire body in an ill attempt to shake the bear cub off. Despite your best efforts, your attempt ends up in a failure. The blind, puny creature is somehow grasping at your back.

“Amber,” you whisper through the aching pain, “Can you help me?”

“Oh my dear Aurora, what is it that troubles yo- It’s adorable! I’ve never seen an Oaken Bear cub before! Oh my gosh!” she suddenly exclaims; there’s a sparkle in her eyes.

“Yeah,” you say, “Adorable… Can you get it off? I don’t feel comfortable.”

Scarab Amber approaches you with a courteous step. She offers a light bow and raises her hoof towards the Oaken Bear. The creature responds with a puzzled expression and a roar of its own; a sound of summer breeze escapes its wooden, phantom body. It raises its little paws towards Amber; she smiles in response.

“Good day to you too, Mr. I am Scarab Amber, and you?” she nudges her head passively.

“Amber,” you grunt at them. You feel yourself being drained every single minute.

“Oh, right,” she says clumsily, “Can I ask you kindly to free my poor friend of your burden?”

The cub crosses its eyes with yours and, with an impossibly slow crawl, moves into Amber’s lap instead.

Trampled Flower approaches. He narrows his eyes and asks, “Aurora, did you get hurt there?”

>What will you do now?
>>
>>27261284
We're just tired. We were shown what happened here.
>>
>>27261284
Well it sucks to be fueled by dark magic. I assume Oaken Bears are made of good/strictly Equestrian magic and it hurts us. Welp.

I wish we could change our magic type, but not in this life it seems. For now we have to be careful.
>>
>>27261284
I... was drained. Come, I'll explain on the way. And please keep that thing away from me, it's sucks away at my energy.

I'm sure Aurora would think it was cute if it wasn't killing her.
>>
“I am just tired,” you admit. You throw a glance towards the Oaken Cub who you can spot innocently playing in Scarab Amber’s hooves already. The creature is quite small, even when put in the lap of a filly. Amber is surprisingly careful and motherly in her touch and it shows. The cub joyfully kicks its legs.

“Well, you certain look way worse than before, you had to use your magic?” he asks deductively.

Your head grinds in response, “Kind of. Come on, I’ll explain you on the way. Just, keep it away from me.”

Trampled Flower raises his eyebrow in response. Scarab Amber looks at the cub with a caring expression:

“Are we going to take Mr. Bearwalski with us?” she asks you with a motherly voice.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Trampled says cautiously. He’s not affected by the bear’s cuteness.

>What do you say?
>>
>>27261502
Regardless of what Mr. Bearwalski wants to do, we're leaving. If he wants to come with us we'll let it be her responsibility to take care of it.
>>
>>27261502
I don't care as long as it's away from me.
>>
>>27261662
There's no reason for us to be mean.
>>
>>27261744
Didn't mean to be mean. Just the way it is.
>>
>>27261811
Don't give Vince any reason to make Aurora sound or act edgy! You know he just needs one.
>>
>>27261821
Oh fuck, sorry! I really should have known better.
>>
You stand up straight, unmoving like a statue. You flex all of your body parts despite the obvious delay. The eyesight before you is consumed by the dark magic that is supposed to be under your fluent control. It takes you long minutes to return your body under your strict, responsive control. Your magic slowly unwinds.

“If it follows us, I don’t care,” yours answer is blunt, “I will not touch him. It’s under your care, Amber.”

The bronze skinned filly responses by tightening her grip over the cub’s body, “Oh, have you heard this grandiose decision Mr. Bearwalski? You have joined the sisterhood of this grand, epic adventure!”

The cub answers with a bird chirping roar. Trampled Flower rubs his shoulder in obvious annoyance.

“Amber, I don’t think that’s a good idea. We don’t have time to take care of Mr… Pine-“

“It’s Bearwalski, Trampled,” she says, strictness in her voice, “And we’re not discussing this.”

“Aurora,” Trampled whines, “Consider all the potential drawbacks here.”

“As I said, Flower, if Amber wants, she can keep him in her care. Besides, he might be useful.”

In a blink of a moment, a blur passes before you. In your slow resolution, you are moments too late to catch or engage this reckless intruder. Thankfully, she takes off her invisibility bandana herself. Lunar Meridian practically jumps from thin air and thick shadows. She’s rolling a silver dagger in her hoof. She smirks.

It takes her a moment to drop the knife in shock; she notices Mr. Bearwalski before her.

“Is that an Oaken Bear cub?!”

“Yes, it is!” Scarab Amber answers merrily.

Trampled Flower groans, “It’s just a miniature bear…”

“You,” Meridian practically hisses towards him, “Shut your mouth!”

With a swift and powerful motion of her wings, she closes the distance and reaches the cub in sheer seconds of her flight; there’s a note of excitement in her eyes as she inspects Mr. Bearwalski.

>What now?
>>
>>27262114
so you're done the thing you had to do lunar?
>>
>>27262114
>“If it follows us, I don’t care,” yours answer is blunt, “I will not touch him.
>Besides, he might be useful.
Every player agreed to be nice. The cub has done nothing to deserve the attitude.
>>
File: 1451442140874.png (567 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1451442140874.png
567 KB, 960x540
>>27261821
>>27261835
He'll strike again when the iron is hot.
>>
>>27262114
this is cute as fuck
>>
File: 18833-So-Cute-Bear-Cub[1].jpg (172 KB, 478x720) Image search: [Google]
18833-So-Cute-Bear-Cub[1].jpg
172 KB, 478x720
>>27262201
>>
>>27262114
I think we should try to make camp. Aurora is pretty much dead in the water.
>>
>>27263459
>>
Meridian’s pale face is sparkling as bright as the moonlight. Despite her obvious maturity, she still appears to be impressed by the cute and simplistic things in life, like this oaken bear cub right here.

“Meridian,” you incline your head, “Have you done the things needed to be done?”

She looks back at you with a smirk, “Oh-fucking-course. There was a Wonderbolt patrol above us; it seems they are looking for you guys or any other support for Sombra’s army. Hey, can I hold him?”

“I don’t see why you cannot,” Amber says. Both of them with utmost carefulness exchange Bearwalski between their laps. Lunar Meridian swings her powerful wings and lifts herself off the ground. The bear cub lets out another roar that, once again, sounds like the chirping and fluttering of dozens of morning birds.

You spare the oaken cub another glance. In the end, it’s not its fault it’s made out of powerful magic.

“Wondebolts?” you mentally raise your eyebrow, “What are they?”

“Oh, only the freaking elite unit of the Pegasus army,” she responds with a grin, “Flying against them is quite the challenge, I can tell you. Well, that makes winning that more satisfying. You got quite lucky you were inside the forest during their patrol. The canopy covered your figures.”

Trampled Flower shakes his head, “Judging by the map, the forest goes all the way until this ‘Ebon Point’.” He sighs, “At least something fortunate. We might as well rest.”

That’s a good idea, you feel tired. You wanted to suggest it yourself as well.

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27265755
Fall to our hauches with a thud and lie down. Tell him that's a wonderful idea. We had no idea a rock could get so tired. Have Tramp sit right close to us, because I don't trust that bat around him. Protective mode activate.
>>
>>27266396
This, but let's get somewhere more comfy before we fall down
>>
>>27266396
Oh, and since I have to specify;

>Tell him that's a wonderful idea.
Say it with relief, not a hard sarcastic tone.
>We had no idea a rock could get so tired.
And this with a lighthearted joking manner.

Again, I want Aurora to be more than a edgelord. I want her to feel like music teacher that's struggling to make the best of her situation.
>>
File: mlfw8840_medium[1].jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mlfw8840_medium[1].jpg
31 KB, 640x360
>We already have three companions and a pet.
By the end of this arc we'll have an army.
>>
>>27267547
We are planning on getting a general in our group.
>>
>>27267615
So at that point does Shield become the leader? That would be kinda neat actually, being a party member instead of the leader for once. Sure it could be fun if done right.
>>
>people teaching the QM how to not be an edgelord

Wew.
>>
Send the Vizier to a labour camp bump.
>>
Hey guys, I'm a little tired so I won't be able to do more than a few updates today. I hope you understand.
>>
You sigh with relief. “That’s a fantastic idea, Flower,” you say to him. You fall to your haunches with a thud; you are barely able to keep yourself standing straight. All of Tartarus damnations!

The colt has a troubling expression over his face, “What… exactly happened there?”

You mentally smile, “I’ve seen the history of this forest and, well, I think the Oaken Bear wants me to restore it with rainclouds and sunshine. His magic is kind of tiresome though. I had no idea a rock could get as tired as I am right now.” You release a fragile, hollow laughter.

“I guess even crystal golems get their share of annoyances in their life,” he chuckles slightly.

“Kind of,” you repeat against the annoying pulp inside your throat. Your empty eyes are set on the laughing colt despite your best wishes. The innocent, childish laughter reminds you of your dear pupils and friends.

“Aurora?” he asks you. Tramped Flower breaks through your awkward remembrance with ease.

“I’m fine,” you assure him, “I just… don’t think it’s a good idea to set a camp here, let’s move away.”

“I agree,” he throws his glare towards the giggling mares, “Umh, they are already best friends?”

A mental smile crawls by your lips; is he jealous?

“Meridian and Scarab Amber,” you call their attention, “We are moving out. Come on, you’ll have a lot time to play with Bearwalski later.”

The bat mare and the clumsy filly exchange affirmative nods. Scarab Amber pushes the cub over her back and trots to your side. While Trampled Flower is already walking by your right side, Meridian rudely passes between you and him. She gives him a coarse wink and resumes her peaceful flight nearby you.

>What sort of place are you looking for in a camp site? Any preparations before you go to sleep?
>>
>>27269473
Secluded, maybe under a nice pine tree. Again, keep Tramp close.
>>
>>27269473
Secluded, by a river or a stream if there's one nearby, covered from above. I won't risk making a fire yet. Let's rest but, as >>27269840 said, keep an eye on Tramp.
>>
Eventually you end up stumbling into a small, secluded and damage-free area of the forest. In your quick judgment you deduct that the lightning fires and pony-created drought evaded this particular glade. Once you come to a stop, Scarab Amber quickly makes herself comfortable under a tall, sumptuous tree. The moment she sits down and cuddles up the bear cub to her chest, the branches slowly envelop themselves above and around her. Mr. Bearwalski manages to turn the isolated tree into some sort of makeshift pavilion.

You grab Trampled Flower’s hoof when the moment he steps towards Scarab Amber.

“I think it would be best if you stay with me tonight,” you tell him, “For your own safety.”

“I… I don’t think I understand,” he answers you with an obvious confusion.

“Wait,” Meridian whines as soon as she overhears you, “Is he fucking sleeping with us?!”

Trampled Flower blinks, he throws his glance in a full circle around him; first towards you, then, to Meridian. “H-huh?” he asks again, “O-of course I am? Why wouldn’t I? I don’t understand.”

“Oh no-no-no, there’s no way I’m risking my fucking safety and my body with a colt like you around.”

“Your body? I don’t think I follow.”

“Don’t play an innocent ass here, you,” she shakes her hoof at him. With a twist of her neck she turns towards you, “I’ll let you two live with your horrible idea. The ‘Lunar Guards’ are night creatures anyway.”

She’s not patient enough to hear your response. With a swing of her wings she disappears into the above.

“You’re still sleeping with me,” you say. You let out a hollow chuckle.

“… I don’t think my arguments will do anything to convince you,” he sighs cleverly.

You finally lower your heavy crystal body into the ground. It will not be a stretch to say that amongst all the ponies present here, you want to sleep the hardest. With uncertain gesture Trampled Flower lays besides you.
>>
The colt slowly moves his head against the soft ground. Your body reacts before you can even realize it, on pure, motherly (?) instincts. You raise your crystal hooves under his head to create a pillow.

“Please Aurora,” Trampled says. The colt twists his head to cross his eyes with yours, “I’m not a kid…”

“Of course,” you say with a mental, kind smile. Flower rolls his eyes and then turns away from you.

Eventually, the veil of the night catches on and consumes you just as well. You dream another dream…

… … …

You see what used to be your favorite place of relaxation; back when you were a music teacher. The coffee shop “Instant Cinnamon” used to be the most popular getaway place in all of the Crystal Empire. You are wearing a beautiful, multi-colored dress as well as a necklace and a pair of pearl earrings. You step into the shop with grandiose gait and a powerful, bright smile. You find and take a sit in one of the tables-for-two.

You remember now. This was it, your last date with…

The door bell follows a minute after. A brown, tall colt with short well cut tidal and gold mane enters the shop. He’s wearing a black tuxedo with a grayscale necktie. He’s also wearing small, triangular glasses.

Your coltfriend, and in turn, the principal of the Crystal Kindergarten, approaches your table.

“Hope I didn’t make you wait long,” Oaken Desk says.

>What exactly did you answer him with?
>>
>>27270284
*Oak Desk
>>
>>27270284
Hide our annoyance as he did indeed keep us waiting too long.

>>27270271
Everything here makes me happy. Other than Meri of course.
>>
File: 1452140881637.gif (248 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452140881637.gif
248 KB, 400x400
>>27270284
>aurora's motherly instincts
cutest shit i've read all all day
>>
>>27270946
But forgive him. We're dreaming about a coltfriend, let's keep it happy.

>>27270284
>triangular glasses
What.
>>
>>27271159
Who is this qπ?
>>
>>27273013
This is more than a dream, it's our memories.

And while Aurora was, when it came down to it, a selfish bitch I also think that she'd be kinda desperate for a coltfriend.
>>
Remember that she died a virgin.
>>
>>27274973
Is that a suggestion?
>>
>>27275226
Please no.
>>
>>27275226
Fucking again?
>>
>>27274033
C-can I waifu her now, when she realized she has a soul?
>>
>>27276140
You got a penis that can pierce rock?
>>
>>27276735
I think I would prefer to find a way to un-crystallize her before fun times.
>>
Vince pls.
>>
File: CS Bearwalski.png (48 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
CS Bearwalski.png
48 KB, 720x539
>>27277579
Will you hate me if I were to say that I won't be able to run a session until tomorrow? I'll attach a sketch of Bearwalski to make up for it.
>>
>>27277639
The image of Bearwalski in my mind is preferred but your efforts are appreciated. As such I am only mildly upset.
>>
>>27277639
I am a bit disappointed, but I don't hate you and I appreciate your attempts to make Aurora likeable. Plus Bearwalski is adorable.
>>
>>27277639
aww
>>
Flog the Vizier bump.
>>
What sort of deal the Vizier made with the note, you think?
>>
>>27280744
No clue, I just hope it fucked her over.
>>
File: Youdfuckme_idfuckme.jpg (67 KB, 915x874) Image search: [Google]
Youdfuckme_idfuckme.jpg
67 KB, 915x874
Crystal Symphon will resume in an hour or so.
>>
You gaze into the floor in order to avoid presenting him your, well deserved, annoyance.

“A bit, don’t worry about it,” you say with a genuine smile. Dating him makes you happy.

“Sorry, sorry,” he apologizes with a shambolic nod. Oak Desk looks into the empty table, “I’ll make up for it! Aurora, do you want me to order anything for you?”

You blush; how gentlecolty of him. Perhaps today is the day, you mesmerize with anticipation and glee.

You raise you head in a gentle motion, “Perhaps some coffee?” you insist.

“No sugar, double-brewed?” he asks.

“You know me too well,” you say with a smile. You make yourself comfortable; the chair is your tower.

You follow his every step, his every movement. His beautiful eyes, his body and even his nerdy style of clothing; you can’t keep your eyes away from him. Your heart is beating rapidly, you truly are in love.

Oak Desk breaks you out of your awkward euphoria with a nudge of his front hoof; he offers you a cup of black coffee that is placed on a beautiful, crystal saucer. After, he takes a sit on the other side of the table.

You can feel your cheeks turning bright and hot red.

“So,” you clear your throat, “What is it you wanted to talk about?” You slurp your coffee nervously.

He cringes; his eyes diminish and hollow up. His cup is suddenly thrown into a gingerly tremble.

“I think,” he says, “I was thinking a lot and… I think it would be better if we break up.”

>…
>>
>>27282670
try and stay collected and ask what made his come to this conclusion.
>>
>>27282670
W-wha... why?
>>
>>27282799
This
>>
Your breathing grows heavy. You are trying your hardest to stay calm and collected:
“W-why?” you ask him, your voice wobbling, “W-what happened?”

Oak Desk removes his glasses and, with a heavy sigh, pushes them on the table. He pinches between his eyes and then, and only then, after a short pause, he says, “It would be better for us… you as well.”

You grab his hooves into yours, “You can’t leave me without a reason.”

Oak Desk looks away, “There’ve been rumors around the office about us. I think it will be for the best to keep our relations purely professional.” Your coltfriend shakes his head but he does not say anything further.

>What sort of reason is that?!
>>
>>27283023
Well screw those reasons, but if he values the opinions of others over somebody that matters to him, let the fucker lose us
>>
>>27283023
What have they been saying?
>>
>>27283023
Check if the dark magic is influencing our dream. If not, >>27283104. Try not to cry. Cry a lot.
>>
You can feel yourself boiling up inside. Yes, this is exactly how it went, you remember clearly. Your last date with Oak Desk ended up a pathetic disaster, a break up with a coltfriend you had for only two weeks! There is no dark magic or nightmare influences of Sombra; those are your memories; sadly, real memories.

You are managing to hold down your tears, “What have they been saying?”

“Horrible, wicked things,” Oak Desk insists, “I’ve heard that some ponies say that the only reason I’ve hired you is because we are dating and that your musical lessons are not needed.”

You try your hardest, you really do. But… it’s impossible for you not to go vivid:
“What do you mean –useless-?!” you yell through your lungs.

He narrows his eyes and looks away, “Kindergarten is too soon for them, they say. Also, that you are harsh on your students and they do not like it. Basically…”

You breath fastens, you slam your cup against the table, “Ponies have destinies in music!”

“I know,” he says meekly, “I know, that’s why I’m not firing you or anything. But those rumors…”

>What do you remember yourself telling him next?
>>
>>27283334
We were a nice pony back then and we said that we understand his decision, and asked if we're fired.

Then, after the meeting is over, we cried.
>>
>>27283334
Does that mean he actually thought about firing us?
>>
>>27283448
>>27283471
he just said that he's not firing us, just keeping us around as a business partner, so at lest we are not job less.
>>
>>27283480
That's uplifting.
>>
>>27283480
>that’s why I’m not firing you
>>
>>27283448
Yes, after the meeting were were miserable.
>>
“I und-,” you gulps down your tears, “I understand.”

Oak Desk picks up his glasses and adjusts them on his face. Damn it all, he looks so cute…

“You can take a day off tomorrow,” he finally replies after a punishingly long pause.

“I don’t need it,” you blabber out, “The students were looking for tomorrow’s lesson too much.”

Oak Desk follows with an understanding nod. Every passing moment causes you immense pain and suffering; you can barely hold down your heart from jumping out. You are already avoiding his glance.

“I see, tell me if you changed your mind,” he says. Oak Desk leaves some bits on the table and stands up.

Please, don’t leave.

“I’m happy you are so understanding of the situation, Miss Flare,” his voice rends your soul.

You don’t need him anyway; all he cares about is others’ opinion!

“I’m sure one day you’ll find a deserved and much better stallion,” he turns and with a quick step rushes towards the exit. “Have a nice evening,” he blurts out into a hollow, cold echo.

Do you want me to beg? Don’t leave.

You burry your head into your lap as you fall into unconditional sob. Your memory begins to faze and turn; you feel the shadow of your dark, regenerated magic consuming your entire mind in one quick, powerful scope. It forces you to wake up. No, you force it to wake you up… Wake you up from this nightmare.
>>
… … …

>Body Changes:
05% [+3] Alicorn ‘Dark’ Magic [Magic]
00% [-3] Volatile Arcane [Magic]

While you are still immobile and unmoving, you wake you to a heated, albeit whispered, argument. You don’t need eyes or anything of that sort to gaze through the situation around you. Meridian is nearby.

“W-what are you even doing?” Trampled asks cautiously. He has his hoof inside his pouch, where the dagger is.

“I’m just keeping a close fucking eye on you, trash,” she says, “A prisoner whose capturer is lying just freaking there? A perfect position to hit, stab or simply: run. But nah, you are getting exchanged.”

>What will you do now?
>>
>>27283781
Rise, tell that fucking bat off. With memory of our failure still fresh, be stern but not edgy.
>>
>>27283781
wow and I thought sombre was a total dick, what will he do with a dagger when it would do absolutely nothing, plus he won't run away with out his friend.
>>
>>27283781
Just stand up, turn to her, and say that we don't appreciate her talking to him like that.
>>
>>27283918
This.
>>
Be it a dream or real life, you end up dealing with manure either way. You twist your neck towards her:
“How about you buck off from him,” you say with the most calm, yet the most dangerous voice imaginable.

Your sudden awakening, you assume it is probably impossible to differentiate when you are sleep or simply resting, makes them both jump up and back down in fear. Trampled Flower sighs out in relief soon after.

“Oh, so you are awake,” she says, “Freaking great, then there’s no worry.”

“Aurora,” Trampled says with obvious weakness over his voice; he didn’t get much sleep.

“I don’t appreciate the way you are talking to him,” you tell her straight, you feel the dark magic following your protective desire and throwing additional firewood in your, already burning hot, spirit.

“I didn’t say anything that’s not fucking true,” she says, raising herself with her wings, “My mother always told me to always speak the freaking true. Unless there’s something you are not telling me?”

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27284182
Tramp is NOT trash. He's a friend, just like Amber.
>>
>>27284182
Well, lets just hear what you consider to be "truth" so we can tell you how wrong you are.
>>
“He’s not trash,” you insist, almost ignoring all of her words, “He’s a friend. And Amber is a friend too.”

“Friend?” the bat pony appears to be confused. She raises herself high above the ground and, with a twist of her wings, rashly hovers herself behind you. She’s nonchalantly lying on the thin air, “I don’t understand.”

“Tell me what you consider this “truth” and we’ll tell you how wrong you are,” you say.

“Aurora,” Trampled Flower mutters, “I don’t think it’s a good idea...”

“Tell me what?” she says as her ears tremble, “I fucking heard that. What am I missing here? Are you on Sombra’s side or not, you piece of a crystal?” she asks with a narrowed glare towards you.

>What do you say?
>>
>>27284710
We're doing a mission for the empire and, prior to being a pile of crystal, we were Sombra's apprentice. Now what the hell do you have against Flower?
>>
>>27284745
>against flower
i think it's more all of the stallions in generals, don't you remember who she treat nightlight with little respect.
>>
>>27284761
Yeah, but we should deal with the immediate problem before we try to tackle her world views.
>>
>>27284710
I honestly don't know how to answer her. I don't know why she's with us right now.

Well if we're to tell her the truth (again), say how Sombra has vanished and we're on our way to negotiate for the return or the Imperial general and if possible an alliance against Sombra himself.
>>
>>27284795
Didn't she say she knows the Vizier?
>>
>>27284846
Hell if I know.
>>
“We’re doing a mission for the Crystal Empire,” you say with the exact temper required.

Lunar Meridian nods and twists in the air once again; she’s pushing her ability of flight to annoying fullness. She lands several feet away from Trampled Flower with a wicked smirk.

She finally replies with a ring: “Well freaking great, I was getting a bit worried for a second there.”

“Prior to being a pile of crystals, we were Sombra’s apprentice,” you note.

Meridian nods once again, “Fuck, I got that part. That still doesn’t make sense why you are calling exiles of the Crystal Empire “friends” or protecting potential danger. My mother told me not to trust those things.”

“Those things?” you raise your head in a confusion. You shake it with a grind soon after, “What in Tartarus do you have against Trampled Flower? And I want a proper reason here.”

“The look in his fucking eyes,” she says with hollow smile, “The way he’s always looking for danger as if waiting for the right moment to put the knife in. The way he’s easily in your credence. Listen, I’m only freaking helping you here. He’s riding on your haunches here and that’s all he’s going to be doing.”

You listen to her carefully. Then, you slam your hoof against the thick ground with a loud smash.

“I won’t allow you to treat him as a trash,” you say.

“Well, is he not an exile?” she twists in the air, “I understand you, a loyal golem, going to on operation. But the exiles? It just doesn’t fucking make sense unless they are going to be exchanged for prisoners.”

She appears to be absolutely confused; she’s flying circles around herself. You want to add something about your original mission but Trampled stops you with a soft grab; you can not feel it but you sense is none the less.

>What now?
>>
>>27285142
Technically Amber is the exile. Tramp is my assistant, as I find him useful.
>>
>>27285142
The Vizier has a game she plays with the slaves where the try to survive a gauntlet of traps and reach the throne room to earn their freedom. Turns out the freedom means exile.
>>
“The Vizier,” you absolutely destroy her image with the wrong pronunciation, “Has a game that she likes to play with the citizens of the Crystal Empire. If they can go through a gauntlet of traps and reach Sombra’s throne room, and she’s quite trap obsessed, then she’ll allow them to leave the Crystal Empire. It appears her freedom is synonymous with ‘exile’” You grunt out loud with obvious, non-hidden annoyance.

“Only one of those ponies is the exiled one, but I decided to take both of them under my wing as they are quite helpful, they are quite useful,” you say at her face. You raise your voice with your final start.

“Even the colt?” she acts surprised. The bat pony flies forward and raises her eyebrows.

“Especially the colt,” you say with a mental smile. You notice Flower looking away with unease at that.

She hums at you. Meridian pushes her hooves behind her back and, with a swing of her wings, raises herself to the tallest branches of the forest. She looks down at you after a moment of though, “I don’t fucking know why would a golem need some foals for help, but what-fucking-ever suits your needs. I don’t trust him.”

With that, she places her bandana over her bald forehead and disappears into a wavering explosion of star filled sky. The invisible, hidden by the strange artifact’s magic, bat pony pushes Trampled Flower into the mud on her way out. It is impossible for you to spot her anywhere nearby. You wonder where she went.

Not really.
>>
Trampled Flower looks at you with uncertainty. He stands up without allowing you to help him and begins cleaning and dusting himself off. He looks at you with a weak smile, “Well, there’s that. I don’t know what’s her problem is but I think she believes you’re on Sombra’s side,” he whispers.

“Yeah,” you say, “I think she does.”

“Those bat ponies… I think we should be cautious as we don’t know their current situation,” he deducts.

“You don’t look so well,” you switch the topic in a worrying manner, “Maybe more sleep for you?”

“I’m… not tired,” he yawns, “We can’t know how much time your friend has, now do we?”

>What is it that you do now?

That’s all for today, thanks for playing.
>>
>>27285936
what is amber been doing the whole time this argument was happening
>>
>>27285971
She's still asleep together with the cub.
>>
>>27285936
I'm sure we can rest a hour or two longer. Lie down and pull him close. I'll worry about that, you sleep.
>>
>>27285936
Tell him to get some more sleep, traveling tired would just cause problems.

>>27286040
We already slept.
>>
>>27286060
I'm not saying we sleep, I'm saying he sleep. We keep watch.
>>
I want to do an experiment with the necklace later.
>>
>>27286040
>>27286078
Seconded.
>>
have a good night.
>>
>>27229162
>>
>>27229162
>>
>>27289215
>>
Before episode bump.
>>
“Trust me,” you say as you push him closer to yourself, “Traveling while tired will only cause troubles.”

Trampled Flower narrows his eyes at you. He attempts to push your heavy hoof off his chest. You mentally chuckle and let him go free. You say, “Come on, two hours of sleep will do you great.”

He harrumphs in a meek annoyance, “Okay, fine. I’ll sleep.” With a yawn, he makes himself comfortable. You are unhappy of the fact that you are unable to smile at that. You cross your legs as soon as you sit down nearby him. It doesn’t take long for Trampled Flower to fall asleep. His bushy flower-like hair is covering, and hiding, the eternity of his sleep. You wonder how he manages not to suffocate under it all.

>You have some time before you have to move out. Is there anything you’d like to do?
>>
>>27293213
I have nothing to do, so I guess just meditate until time to go.
>>
>>27293213
we might keep an eye out for intruder if they did get past meridian.
>>
>>27293213
I'd like to see if we can absorb some of the magic from the necklace.
>>
You decide to simply rest and meditate. Even if the destitution of sleep is no longer a problem, you are still enjoying the peaceful and silent moments that you currently have in your life. While two hours sounds like a lot of time, in reality, it isn’t. Your biological clock is twisted and crystallized, it’s a bit uncomfortable.

You keep an eye ‘opened’; you do not allow the dark magic inside you to haze over your perception completely. While the bushy parts of the canopy make it almost impossible to tell the difference between the day and the night, you wager it is mid-day only and you still have a lot of time until midnight and night.

While Meridian is indeed acrobatic and fast, she might have a problem in broad light of the day. At least, it doesn’t seem like she’s going to betray you. You suddenly remember of the necklace given to you by the Vizier. You quickly throw a glance from Trampled to Amber and even Bearwalski, all three of who appears to be sleeping peacefully. You do not want to wake them up by accident.

As soon as you lift the necklace above your head, you notice the boiling, hissing magic inside of it. You remove a single crystal from it and concentrate. One will do for a test, you wager. The evil magic inside falls into disarray the moment you attempt to use it; the crystal shell immediately cracks and shatters. The dark magic inside of you ignites and sends a boiling stream through all of your body. Vizier’s magic, previously entrapped within the crystal shard, flows into your body and melts with yours in eldritch fashion.

Your body is small to hold all this sprawling magic inside; you feel every single shard of your body trembling with a dangerous effect, ready to explode. You need to do something, and you need to do something fast. You will either have to release the overflow of magic back or destroy parts of your body to make space for it inside of you.
>>
>What will you do now?

Note: Only [Crystal]’s can be destroyed in this situation.

>Body Composition:
[Crystal]54% Crystallized Flesh
[Crystal]35% Dragon’s Blood
[Crystal]03% Pallid Frost
[Crystal]01% Steel Clay
[Damage]02% Crystalline Debris
[Magic]05% Alicorn ‘Dark’ Magic

[Magic]01% Dark Magic Overflow
>>
>>27294891
Pallid frost. It was little more than a quick patch job anyway.
>>
>>27294880
It's a moment like this I wish we knew some sick ass magic and not just light and TK. Release the extra by casting a light spell.
>>
>>27295036
>You will either have to release the overflow of magic back or destroy parts of your body
Also there are sleeping ponies and that would be extremely rude.
>>
>>27295068
Then let's pick some shit up.
>>
>>27295068
Well, we can use the overflow for the brightness spell? But yeah. I don't see the benefits.
>>
>>27295094
>>27295095
The choices look like we either continue with the experiment or bail.

>the crystal shell immediately cracks and shatters.
Also it looks like we're going to be using one of our crystals no matter what.
>>
The experiment I wanted to do was to see if we can absorb magic and than see if our total magic permanently increases. I also wanted to see if it also increased physical properties. I say the experiment should continue since it'd be a waste of time, energy, resources, and opportunity if we chicken out.
>>
>>27295403
It overflows and it fucks with us. Experiment over. I'd rather not explode.
>>
>>27295414
>[Magic]01% Dark Magic Overflow
It's most likely a 1 to 1 ratio, so we're most likely not going to receive a noticeable amount of damage. It is also important data to see how much damage we might take from absorbtion. On a side note, I have another, less risky, experiment for when we get a bit of damage.
>>
Anything but the the Dragon's Blood and Flesh, desu.
>>
You’ve already wasted the dark magic inside the Vizier’s crystal; you might as well go with the flow of this little experiment and see what comes out of it. You can feel the dark magic inside and you are able to control it; if it comes down to worse, then you’ll just have to cast some spells and drain the powerful energy dry.

You concentrate the chaotic mess of a magic on one particular spot, the “Pallid Frost” installed and patched by the sculptor pony back in the Crystal Castle. Then, you relax your hold and control on the dark magic. One third of the pallid frost immediately shatters into the void. You can feel an immense, grinding pain as soon as that happens. Then, you can feel every fiber of the alicorn magic fusing and melting together. The evil energy surges through your entire body with shambling force and speed. The dark magic enters every single crystal in your body making you turn into pitch black figure of darkness. Then, it calms down…

Something is different…

>Body Composition:
[Crystal]54% Crystallized Flesh
[Crystal]35% Dragon’s Blood
[Crystal]02% Pallid Frost
[Crystal]01% Steel Clay
[Damage]02% Crystalline Debris
[Magic]05% Alicorn ‘Dark’ Magic
[Magic]01% Volatile Arcane

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27295986
Rest for a bit to turn the Volatile Arcane into real magic.
>>
File: Zzzz.png (274 KB, 960x723) Image search: [Google]
Zzzz.png
274 KB, 960x723
Stopping here, good night y'all.
Thanks for playing.
>>
>>27296105
I just got home, Vince. This is very disappointing but I forgive you. Good night.
>>
>>27296119
Sadly my next week is morning shifts only and I have to get up in five hours. I can postpone until the next friday for long, proper session if that's better for you and the other people?
>>
>>27296128
Do what you want. I'm just a player and I will wait if you don't feel like running for some time.
>>
>Batfags has shoehorned their fanon autism into this CYOA
Of fucking course...
>>
>>27296209
Look for CYOAs without bats, Shiny.
>>
>>27296236
>Look for CYOAs without bats
Which is absolutely nothing since you batfags keeps shoving your autism into almost everything.
>>
>>27296293
>implying I'm batfag
>>
File: Lunar Ass.png (1 MB, 720x451) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Ass.png
1 MB, 720x451
>>27296293
>>
take a little bump from me.
>>
Can we chose the next memory? I'd like to see more of the moment Sombra giving us the note.
>>
>>27296105
its cool
>>
'k
>>
I've decided to postpone next session until either thursday or friday, depending on how tired I'll be after work. Most of you will only be active when I'm asleep if I am to run on working day anyways. So to not let this thread go to waste I'll ask for feedback and questions, as well as, maybe, Quest related art requests.

How do you think Symphony compares to Warlock and Zawaquest?
>>
>>27302981
I haven't played Zawa, and I feel that Symphony is better than Warlock. Not that Warlock was bad, but I genuinely think about making kids safe, helping Shield and, in far future, fixing our body, overthrowing the Vizier and finding Aurora some coltfriend.

I suppose I care about Symphony, Vince. Even if I'm slightly disappointed next session will be postponed, I can understand it, and I hope you won't be too tired. I think you'll have to get used to lower amount of players when you can run freely. Timezones can really fuck you over, man.

If you can, draw Scarab and Tramp doing something cute together.
>>
File: 1461727592255.png (1 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1461727592255.png
1 KB, 128x128
>>27302981
It's much smoother in terms of player input and consequence in my opinion than warlock, and while I admired the puzzles in zawa quest it didn't really go on long enough for me to for a strong opinion about anything else other than the fact symphony has far more likeable characters in comparison to zawa's

So far, other than a tiny bit of misinterpretation of player action to be on the angry side, I don't have any complaints about this quest.
>>
>>27304434
>>
Beat the Vizier with a cactus bump.
>>
>>27302981
I didn't play Warlock, but I'm probably one of the few players that was interested in Zawa. That said, I think I'm liking Symphony more. Kinda hard to judge fairly since I haven't seen Zawa in so long, and the sudden cancellation left me bitter.
>>
Bump for brutal Vizier death.
>>
Cheers for the feedback.
>>
>>27309580
>>
>>27309580
Bump for kingdom-wide justice gangbang for the vizier
>>
>Implying Fair Trade won't drain Sombra's powers.
>>
>>27312828
>>
>>27311801
>implying she will
>>
File: AmberFlower.png (877 KB, 519x428) Image search: [Google]
AmberFlower.png
877 KB, 519x428
>>27303542
I hope you don't mind me experimenting a bit with pencils and photoshop.
>>
>>27314540
Yaknow Vince, I should have pointed it our earlier but that's not how pony legs work. Still, nice to see art of the kids.
>>
>>27314749
And this time they aren't shapes drawn on black, which is an improvement.

>>27314540
So, thanks for the drawing, Vince. That's cute af.
>>
>>27314749
Yeah I'm pretty shit at anatomy and drawing in general, that's why there's not a lot of that in my quests. Still...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzkr_NcZVhY
>>
File: Hkhwx5K.jpg (166 KB, 1280x705) Image search: [Google]
Hkhwx5K.jpg
166 KB, 1280x705
>>27314787
I've been there mate. It's a lot easier than you think. Just spend 30 minutes to an hour practicing pic related. Whatever amount of time it takes you to fill a page with horse legs.
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.