[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Starlight such a bland and unappealing character? Will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 456256.jpg (248 KB, 760x1024) Image search: [Google]
456256.jpg
248 KB, 760x1024
Why is Starlight such a bland and unappealing character? Will they ever develop her enough to not look and sound like Sunster Shimmer clone?
Her name, apologetic behavior after reformation, background as a reformed villain and as Twilight's student are all ripped off from Equestria Girls character. This need to stop.
>>
>>27219591
I'd like her to act more like her old self. She was more interesting then.
>>
>>27219618
This is also the mindset of pre S3 twifags.
;_;
>>
T b h I think a lot of characters that were introduced later on are extremely boring and flat,
eg Shining Armor and Cadence, Sombra, reformed Shimmer & Glimmer
>>
>>27219676
But Discord is still interesting, Maud and her sisters are completely new and still interesting unique characters. Even the Fluttershy clone like Coco Pommel is more fleshed out than Starlight.
>>
But EqG isn't canon so it's not like I care if they copied it from there or not
>>
File: image.png (949 KB, 1300x928) Image search: [Google]
image.png
949 KB, 1300x928
>>27219676
I prefer reformed Shimmy to evil Shimmy, since she's less of a stereotypical "muahaha I'm doing a bad for no real reason" character now.

You know who I wish they focused on though? Some of the alt 4. I wanna see Night Glider, Sugarbelle, Party Favour and Double Diamond as more than cameos. They'd also make for a good Glimglam development episode.
>>
>>27219686
Copying a shit written character is still bad. Doesn't matter if the movie copy Snip&Snail from fim, if both versions are shit.
>>
>>27219684
Yeah, never said that there weren't any really good characters, and I agree with the ones you said. I'm just disappointed that some characters that have so much importance in the lore are so uninteresting to me
>>
>>27219618
Same goes for shimmer.
She was gold in the first movie when she was an arrogant cunt.
Hasbro needs to stop fluttershying characters.
>>
>>27219591

She is only completed as a character with her husband spike
>>
>>27220088
Seem like Spikefags who ship her with him are the only one liking her in the story. That and some waifufags looking for any pussy.
Real glimmerfags were only interested in her communist alter ego. That Glimmer is long time dead. Replaced by whatever Sunset has become after EG1
>>
>>27220179
This. I have not watched season six, not even five minutes of it, since I knew right off the bat this shit would happen.

Though, I'm still a huge Glimmerfag, and I still write fanfics with old Glimmer to keep her alive in spirit. I kinda wish there were more people doing that, but oh well.
>>
>>27219591
It's sad how they did this shit 3 times in a row, ah no wait. 4 times in a row counting Trixie.
>>
>>27219591
I will be not suprised if Stalright will still act generic in ommorow episode
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.