[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's a hypothetical situation to think about - lets say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Here's a hypothetical situation to think about - lets say the 2017 movie does good, really REALLY good, as in 500% net profit. The tie-in toys for the movie are the most show-accurate figures Hasbro has ever released. Over a million new fans jump on board the ride and media outlets sing its praises. The show is greenlit for another decade.

As unbelievable as this sounds, weirder shit has happened before. How would you react to being trapped on the ride for another tenth or so of your total life span?

And going deeper, how would you feel if the show adopted a soap opera style where characters age as time progresses and eventually their individual stories end as new characters are introduced? Would you fondly look back someday as a sage and recall those glory days where one of the original cast was paralyzed while stunt flying? Or where a googly-eyed grey mare sacrificed herself to save the world in the 13th movie only to return as the most brutal villain in the series' history in the 20th movie?

Would you feel secretly superior for knowing how the show began "Once upon a time in the magical realm of Equestria..."?
>>
>>27216560
>>this shit
I know the premise is to ignore the logical bullshit but come on. Theres no fucking way this happens. not even the most popular shows keep airing on tv forever. stuff like the simpsons have amazing runs, but it continues to thrive exactly because its formulaic and not heavily reliant on things like consistent writing that is required when you flesh out a world and characters from craddle to grave.
>>
>>27216560
I'll keep watching ponies as long as they keep making more ponies
>>
It would be bad. Degrading into a soap opera would be the worst thing for this show.

If a new series was greenlit with new characters/lore ala Transformers I would happily spend more time trapped with the equines
>>
>>27216560
Okey Dokey Lokey
k
e
y

D
o
k
e
y

L
o
k
e
y
>>
>>27216560
this ride must end
>>
>>27216590
Shows like Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park rely on IRL pop culture happenings and celebrity bullshit for parody fuel. This is why they never run out and can keep with it forever.
>>
>>27216838

>Not knowing about Carl Barks
>Mentioning Family Guy

Today's generation are truly lost.
>>
>>27216560
>Not already trapped on the ride forever.
>>
File: autismSpeaks.jpg (332 KB, 1313x1425) Image search: [Google]
autismSpeaks.jpg
332 KB, 1313x1425
>TL;DR
Muh quality.

>How would you react to being trapped on the ride for another tenth or so of your total life span?
Depends entirely on the quality of the ride. Plenty of IP's have existed before I was born and will continue to do so after I am turned into bug shit.

> how would you feel if the show adopted a soap opera style
Fuck that. I don't trust the writers to flesh out the characters or the world well enough. Besides, aren't soaps renown for being samey, forgettable shit?

>Would you fondly look back [...]
Probably not. When you're cramming that much content into a show, things start to blend together. If the 'current' series in this hypothetical is good, what's the point in looking back? If it's shit, I would be looking back wistfully.

>Would you feel secretly superior for knowing how the show began "Once upon a time in the magical realm of Equestria..."?
No, why would I? The significance of the show's beginning would be lost upon its newer audiences in this scenario. Do you feel superior to newfags who are just learning the history of events you participated in? >Implying they even do that I'm willing to bet (you) don't.
>>
>>27216618
It happened with Dragon Ball.
>>
>>27217106
One Piece: season 17 and counting.
South Park: season 19 and greenlit through 23.
The Simpsons: season 26, no slowing down the ride.
>>
>>27217222
Dragon Ball is still going.
>>
>>27216560
Listen here, you prepubescent little shit. I would feel superior for knowing the show began "Once upon a time in the magical LAND of Equestria"
Don't you come in here calling those piss stained curly pubes on your chin a beard, trying to be an oldfag like me, or I'll personally come over to your house, and shove my balls in your face, so you earn some respect for where you sissies came from.
I'll surgically sew a pair of blindbag figurines to where your manhood ought to be, just so I can kick them off, and carry them around in my Lyra plushie.
If you can't tell me the episode number of when the first sonic rainboom appeared, I'll shove my twilicorn up your arse sideways, so deep you'll be tasting chocolate milk for a month.
And if you dare come in here bringing your shitty little dolls, like the mistake for a man that you are, and call them equestria girls, I'll show you how much equestria girls you came really take before your ears fucking burst.
I'd call you a snivelling fetus of a brony, who only survives off what he can suck out of his prancy little homo horse thread spawned from the hasjews cock, but even that would be an insult lost on ya.
Of course even if you did, you wouldn't come out of the ol stable, because pieces of shit like you aren't man enough to walk out, with your limp dick, and join the herd like you ought to.
Don't you fucking push me, son. I'll show ya who runs this shit. I'll find where you live and fucking bury you alive. Then maybe you'd lurk long enough to have the slightest idea of what you're talking about, when you open your mouth and have the nerve to call the shit that falls out a language, you fucking newfag.
>>
>>27218908
Ah, it's one of those threads where you fight using
>muh powerlvls
>>
>>27216596
this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.