[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA - Just Another Day ch. 28
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9
File: JaD0.png (289 KB, 1000x1248) Image search: [Google]
JaD0.png
289 KB, 1000x1248
>Ponyville seems to be a hotbed of excitement these days. Between the dragons roosting in the mountains, horrid monsters wandering out from the Everfree Forest, ancient ruins discovered deep in the earth, and the ever-presenting of all-out war between the Equestrians and the Gryphons, it seems like everypony looking for fame or fortune is flocking to this town.
>It is an age of knights, adventurers, dark magics, and destined heroes.
>You are none of these things.
>Your name is Pot Luck, and your daughter's just been foalnapped!
>Or at least you normally are, but right now you're actually August Longhorn, master rancher and amateur investigator.
>With the help of the Royal Guardpony, Sweet Heart, you were able to track down the home of the key witness in the case against Berry the Changeling.
>But she's missing!

Archives: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/anotherday

Characters: http://pastebin.com/RVB0Hjqp

>"No sign of any maids in the house," Sundance reports as your team of adventurers (and one miner) reassembles just outside the aforementioned house.
>"How do you manage to kidnap somebody in broad daylight?" Azura remarks with a hint of disbelief. "I mean, even if this maid wasn't some stalwart heroine, you'd think she'd scream for help or something."
>"No sign of blood at least, so she's probably not dead...yet," Longshot adds. He then turns to you. "Well August, Pot technically left you in charge - what do you suggest?"

Input action.
>>
>>27215412
Ha, I forgot we were best cow.
Right now our only lead seems to be the broken back door.
We should head out the back and check for a trail or clue.
>>
>>27215501
Check the door. If a pony broke it in then chances are they might have left hoofprints on it from bucking it. I can't remember how it's broken, I assume completely busted.
>>
>>27215412
Checking the back door is the obvious lead, is there any chance a neighbor could have seen things? Or are they all out?
It's good to be back here, even if it is just going to be a while
>>
>>27215412
Are we sure that she was kidnapped?
>>
>>27215559
>>27215598

>Clues and leads were in short-supply. In fact, you can't even be 100% certain that this was a kidnapping, though it's too much of a coincidence for it to be anything else. You don't break locks when ponies are cooperating, after all.
"Longshot, could you please take a look at the back door and see if any clues were left behind?" you politely request of your friend. "And Miss Sweet Heart, could you possibly go around the neighborhood and ask if anypony has seen anything suspicious lately?"
>"I'll give you a helping hoof!" Rough Diamond volunteers. "Come on, toots; always wanted to play detective!"
>In an eagerness known only to Rough Diamond, he encourages his new 'partner' with a firm smack against her flank, which clangs loudly due to the armour plates overtop.
>Sweet Heart turns several shades of red before hastily scampering off, if only to avoid any jokes from the others.
>"Probably should've warned her about him," Sundance murmurs under her breath.
>After a good fifteen minutes, Longshot returns with his findings.
>"Door wasn't brute forced - the lock was picked manually, albeit a bit crudely. Found some dark strands of hair wedged in lock, as well as some strange particulates on the ground and door."
>Longshot holds out his hoof, showing you some speckles. It reminds you of sand, except more shimmering.
>"Looks like some kind of dusting," Sundance comments.

Input action.
>>
>>27215715
>dark strands
Check the uniform for stray hairs to compare.
>>
>>27215715
A crystal pony? That's probably silly, but I dunno.
>>
>>27215741

"Do we know if this maid is dark-maned?"
>"I checked the uniform earlier - it's got some long reddish strands and short white ones. Nothing dark on it," Azura reports.
>"So whoever left the dark hair was probably the one who man-handled the lock," Longshot adds.
>You wind up waiting a short while but soon Sweet Heart and Rough Diamond are back from their canvassing of the neighborhood.
>"Not much out of the ordinary," Sweet Heart answers.
>"But one pony did report seeing a blue-cloaked Royal Guard walking through the streets earlier," Diamond adds.
>"That's odd," Sundance remarks.
"How so?"
>"Blue cloaks are the Inner Guard - the hoof-picked elites. They wouldn't be wandering this far out from the castle," she explains.
>"It means nothing," Heart insists with a hint of indignation, "he could've just been walking home or running an errand for the Princess."
>"Or an errand for Regal Horn," Sundance replies.
>"It's a coincidence, nothing more!" Heart snaps. Clearly she's still sensitive over the idea that Royal Guards might be involved in this affair.
>Before the argument could continue much further, your attention is draw to a strange light that suddenly appears above your head. It flickers for a few seconds before materializing into the shape of a rolled-up parchment, falling gracefully into your awaiting hoof.
>You unfurl it and take a quick read of it.
"Oh, it's from Spectral Prism. They've got Berry back at his place. He says if we can get the maid to Berry, he can 'sniff out' the truth," you report.

Input action.
>>
>>27216006
Well that's good at least, but we're still short one maid.
If the trail's run dry here then we might need to head back and discuss how to proceed.
Someone else might recognize that powder, or maybe Prism knows a way to track someone from a hair sample.
>>
>>27216006

>>27216081
Sounds good
>>
>>27216081
>>27216220

>Without any further leads, you decide it's best to regroup with the others and put all of your heads together in order to get to the bottom of this. You gather up and head back to meet up with Pot Luck.
>On the way back, you show the strange sparkling dust to Rough Diamond, figuring perhaps the miner might be able to shed some insight.
>"Looks like a mineral dust," he comments, examining the sample closely. "But I can't say for certain. I'd need a closer look and something that could let me see things but...bigger, you know? Like a zoomed-in view of it."
"You mean like a magnifying glass?"
>"Yeah, one of those!" he exclaims. "Any idea where I can get one of those?"
>"Ahem," Sundance grunts, motioning her head towards the Shimmering Optics Boutique before them, home of all things lense and lense-related.
>"Oh right..."

>You are Pot Luck; entrepeneur and worried father. Despite your success in freeing Berry from his prison, you know that this mission is far from over. It likely won't take long for Horn to realize that Berry's 'death' was anything but, however with everything happening at the castle in preparation for the gala, you've got some breathing room.
>You convene with August and the others in Prism's extra-dimension bedroom, where Berry is still resting from his faked death.
>"I can't say for certain, but this looks like a quartz dust," Rough Diamond says, now examining his evidence with a magnifying lense. "Odd to see that here in Canterlot given you ain't got any mines nearby. Whoever left this behind spends a lot of time underground."

Input action.
>>
>>27216374
The only place I know of that it could be from is the old mines. Who would have access to them?
And why would they take her there?
>>
Gotta pause for a bit. Hopefully can resume at work.
>>
>>27216374
Well there are caves under the city, aren't there?
>>
>>27216374
So far the only suspects we know are the Royal Guard Elite and someone that spends time underground. Unless the elite has some underground teleportation device like the ones we found. Then that's just unfair.
>>
>>27216374
Could Horn be paying Diamond Dogs to fake a kidnapping? Probably something he wouldn't do, but unless there's a secret underground base his guards spend all their time in or something...
>>
Should be good to resume for a while. I hope.
>>
>>27216444
>>27217212

>"Could be diamond dogs. They enjoy the dirty underground and don't have much in terms of scruples," Sundance suggests.
"That's...um, some rather unflattering generalizations," you remark.
>"Some would just call that straight-up racist," Longshot adds.
>"I-ghh-tch-wh--! I am not racist!" Sundance eventually staps back. "I've worked with diamond dogs before - we've gotten along just fine."
>"Sure sure, we believe you," Longshot replies.
>"I'm just speaking from experience!"
>"Racist experiences."
>Now Longshot must've figured he was safe since he's sitting on the far side of the table from Sundance. However, she just slams her hoof into table with enough force to drive the edge straight into Longshot's unsuspecting belly. It knocks the wind right out of him and into next Tuesday, leaving the unicorn gasping on the floor.
"Could diamond dogs be involved?" you ask Sweet Heart, taking it as a serious consideration.
>"It's possible. We might not have mines but Canterlot has plenty of sewers. And supposedly there's crystal caverns deep below the city," the guardpony explains. "But if there are diamond dogs down there, it could take ages to search the sewers on our own."

Input action.
>>
>>27217334
Does the crystal caverns have quartz in it? It doesn't make much sense for it to be found in the sewers. Also how long was the hair we found? Was it mane length of coat length? I never heard of any diamond dogs with long hair.
>>
>>27217334
Still, the neighbors said they saw a blue caped guard, not a diamond dog.
Does Prism have a spell to passively scan the underground or something? It might be worth checking out.

How are Wine and Airy doing?
>>
>>27217334
Who would know the sewers better?
>>
>>27217416
Now would be a good time for Heart to reveal her previous assignments in sanitation, if she had any.
>>
>>27217416
>>27217449
>Does the crystal caverns have quartz in it? It doesn't make much sense for it to be found in the sewers.

If the sewers are in any way involved, it would be to transport the maid to wherever she's being held.
>>
>>27217469
Yes, which is why someone who knows them would be handy.
It would be very useful to find any points where the sewers interact with the caverns.
>>
>>27217396
>>27217397

"Could the hair have come from a diamond dog?" you ask Longshot.
>"It's short enough to be hair from a paw. If a diamond dog was the one picking the lock, it would fit. A most ponies use either magic or their hooves and mouth to do lock-picking, so they tend not to leave hairs behind."
>"But what about that blue cloaked guard?" Azura asks. "If diamond dogs are involved, what would one of them be there for?"
>"Diamond dogs tend to stick out," Sundance answers. "A Royal Guard casting magic in town, like perhaps an invisibility spell, wouldn't draw as much attention."
>"I still can't believe you think the Royal Guard is invovled," Sweet Heart huffs.
"You can't discount the possibility, but it could just as easily be a guard acting on his own," you offer to Heart as a possible alternative. "Now we're still waiting for Aireanna and White Wine to get back with passes to the gala, but getting to Celestia isn't going to matter much if we don't have hard evidence."
>"We'll keep looking for the maid, even if it means you have to go to the gala empty-hoofed at first," August reassures you.
"Hey Prism, you think there's any magic that might help us in this search?"
>"Yes, I've been pondering that," Prism replies with a quick nod. "A divination spell might be useful, but they have trouble working underground. All the dirt and rock tends to get in the way of proper detecting the target of the spell. Still, in conjunction with a proper guide and some other means of tracking, it could be sufficient."
>Prism then glances over to the slumbering Berry in the nearby bed.
"He did say he had a good nose," you muse to yourself. "Anything we can do to help wake him up?"
>"Some food might stir him awake," Prism suggests.

Input action.
>>
>>27217563
Tell him Honey Oats is here to see him
>>
>>27217563
If the divination spell failed then we'd at least know that looking underground was the way to go.
And I'm assuming he means regular food for Berry, but if not I guess we need to rustle up some positive emotion.
>>
>>27217563
Pet the sleeping changeling? Scratch his ears? What works on Wispy? Was that on him.
>>
"Oh, um... well I could go to the kitchen and make something for--"
>"I mean changeling food, not pony food," Prism interrupts you. "He needs positive energy - feelings of affection and stuff like that. He's probably gone weeks without a proper feeding, he must been starved of energy."
"Plus you zapped him."
>"Plus I zapped him, yes."
"I, uh, suppose one of us should do something to offer him love... and stuff," you suggest.
>You glance out to any volunteers and notice everypony is staring directly at you.
"What? Me?"
>"You know him better than anyone else," Prism explains.
>"The only thing I love is violence and margaritas," Sundance remarks. "And Longshot only loves himself."
>"Hey! That's not true at all."
>"Maybe if you stopped touching yourself at night and got yourself a marefriend, ponies would believe that," the pegaus replies.
"O...okay then," you mutter in defeat as you slowly get up.
>You're still not sure what to do, though. Do you just stand next to him or something? Wispy always gave you a hug when she was feeling peckish. You're soon standing next to the bed, where the changeling is still seemingly out cold.

Input action.
>>
>>27217737
A hug is a good start. Maybe some nuzzles.
I-It's not weird if it's with a friend.
>>
>>27217737
Pull him up so he's sitting up, sit down, hug him, then start thinking and worrying about Wispy.
>>
>>27217737

>>27217750
>>27217762
It's for a perfectly good reason
Remember that Berry did nothing wrong
>>
>>27217737
Cuddle him?
>>
>>27217737
Give him a hug and say 'everything wil be alright'
>>
>>27217750
>>27217795
>>27217812

"So...what do you guys think I should do?"
>"I dunno," Azura says. "Maybe try hugging him."
>You have your misgivings about non-consensual hugging, but you remind yourself that this is to help Berry as well as Wispy. Surely they wouldn't think too much about this, and your friends won't give you a hard time.
>Or maybe they will. They'll probably all have a good laugh.
"I guess I can give that a shot. Do you think maybe...like, little spoon or should I go big spoon?"
>"You seem like a big spoon kind of pony," Azura answers.
>You carefully climb into bed alongside Berry, sliding up alongside behind him.
"Is he reacting?" you ask.
>"Nothing yet," Azura says. "Try moving closer."
>You shuffle a bit closer to him.
>"Closer."
>You shift in unti you can feel his back brushing up against your back.
"Anything?"
>"Maybe try putting your hooves around him."
"Okay, I'll try that," you murmur as you begin to wiggle your hooves around the changeling's figure.
>He's a lot firmer than you imagined. He must work out a lot.
"How's it now?"
>Azura hops out of her seat and walks over for a close look. "Still nothing," she informs you. "Try moving your hooves lower - it looks like your trying to strangle him, not cuddle him."
>You sigh and roll your eyes, shifting your hooves a bit further down. Goodness this changeling is warm...
>"Keep going..."
>You start to fluster a bit as your hooves trace further down Berry's frame, until you're straight to feel the contours of his hips.
>"A little more..."
>Now you can feel thigh.
>"Ha...gaaaaay..." a weak murmur comes from Berry.

Input action.
>>
>>27217878
Very funny. Can you hear me Berry? Are you okay?
>>
>>27217878
>Well I don't see you conplaining
Azura likes gay guys, that's a thing.
>>
File: .png (34 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
.png
34 KB, 250x232
>>27217878
You okay?
>>
>>27217878
Accidentally rub his sheath.
>>
>>27217878
It's working! Squeeze harder! Make him FEEL it.
>>
File: 1461786941942.gif (3 MB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1461786941942.gif
3 MB, 200x170
>>27217878
>Ha...gaaaaay...
tfw Pots face when Berry turns around
>>
>>27217890
>>27217957

>You can't help but feel a little bit awkward as Berry, along with everyone else, shares in a quiet and restrained chuckle.
"Y-you're awake. H-how long have you been--?"
>"Since about when you flopped into bed. I'm not that heavy of a sleeper," Berry replies, though making little effort to move from his current position.
"You're been awake that whole time? Why didn't you say anything?"
>"Cause this was funnier."
>He shifts his hooves to overtop of yours, keeping them pinned in place as the changeling wriggles into a more comfortable position against you.
>"Mmm, this is nice," he chuckles playfully. "You're surprisingly comfortable. No wonder the ladies like you."
"C-could we get back to the matter of saving Wispy?" you stammer, trying to keep any awkwardness from poking its head out.
>"Oh, right," Berry mumbles. He lets out a tired groan and slithers out of bed. Though awake, it's clear he's still a bit tired and weary.
"You okay?"
>"Just a bit tired. I'll walk it off," he insists. "So what'd I miss? You find that maid yet?"

Input action.
>>
>>27218054
No, hit a snag there. We think she's been kidnapped.
>>
>>27218054
+1 changeling for the orgy party

Unfortunately, the maid's been missing. Maybe kidnapped, even. We know the elite Guard are involved, and that they've been underground.
>>
>>27218062
>>27218143

"We might've hit a teensy-tiny little snag in that plan."
>"Maid's been taken and you have no idea where she is?" Berry asks without hesitation.
"Well we think it's underground."
>"Azura brought the maid's uniform so you can try getting a scent from that," August adds.
>"He can do that?" Azura blurts out.
>"Isn't that why you brought the uniform?"
>"Oh, y-yes. That's exactly the reason. And nothing else..."
>"Lemme see it," Berry says as he drags himself over to the table. The uniform is set down in front of him and the changeling begins to examine it closely. He takes a few careful sniffs at first, then buries his muzzle into the pile of clothes and inhales sharply. "Hmmmm...I detect a bouquet of self-consciousness, with a hint of wide-romanticism and repressed father issues, laced with an aftertaste of fresh jealousy. Young and fertile...and probably a few weeks shy of her estrous cycle."
"Never knew you could tell so much just from a sniff," you remark in disbelief.
>"My job required me to scout out viable targets. A good sniffer is an important tool in the trade," Berry answers, taking a hint of pride in his abilities.
"You think you can track her down with that?"
>"Perhaps, if the trail hasn't gone too cold," Berry says. "I just need a starting point."
>"Maid's house seems as good a place to start as any," Sundance says. "Though we might still be out by the time the gala starts, so you should stay here Pot."

Who shall you send with Berry, and who should lead the team?
>>
>>27218193
Fuck, who's on our team? I can't remember.
>>
>>27218323
Diamond
August
Sundance
Longshot
Prism
Airy
Wine
Heart
>>27218193
I'd suggest Longshot, since he's a tracker too. Berry seems cool headed enough to reign him in.
>>
>>27218340
Longshot and Wine. Tracking and social poise.
>>
>>27218193
>>27218340
I was thinking Longshot should go with Berry too, for the same reason. Who else though? Probably Sundance if they end up in a fight, and it sounds like she intends to go anyways. Maybe Heart?
We also don't know how many gala tickets we'll have yet, so there's that to consider.
>>
>>27218340
>>27218375

Gah...you're right. I forgot to take that absence of information into account. I'll have to fix that.

"Well I suppose Longshot should go with Berry."
>"We should should probably consider how many gala ticket we'll have," Prism reminds you. "I mean, we don't want to arouse too much suspicion, so it's unlikely we'll have more than...six, at best? Airy, Wine, and myself, plus a guest for each."
>"It might be a good idea to have a few in reserve in case things at the castle go...sideways," Sundance suggests.

New information. Hopefully that'll help you make a more informed decision.
>>
>>27218410
Well how many do we need at the Gala?
Wine, Airy, Pot and Prism are necessary I think.
That leaves two more slots. Who can we bring that won't be out of place? August? Diamond? Heart?

Heart would fit in best, but unless she accepts the reality of guard corruption she might get in the way at a crucial moment.
>>
Welp, I'm going to have to call it a night here. Hopefully this survives 'til tomorrow.
>>
>>27218483
Night Innkeep

Gives more time for others to post since I'm finding the choice for who should go where kinda tough.
>>
File: dumb hoars.png (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dumb hoars.png
61 KB, 800x600
>>27218483
>>
What does this quest need more of ?
>>
>>27218410
Berry, Longshot and Diamond sound good for the tracking group.
We know Diamond and Longshot can fight decently and Diamond has experience underground.
I'm thinking Airy, Wine, Prism and Pot are fine for the Gala group.
That leaves August and Sundance as our backups, to serve as a distraction or knock some heads together if necessary.
Heart I'm not sure about. We don't exactly control her. I suppose she'd be better with the tracking team than at the gala though.
At least that way she's more likely to see proof of corruption.
>>
*this little filly bounces up and down repeatedly* more story more story more story more story!!!!!!!
>>
>>27219754
Here's a (you).
>>
>>27218483
>hopefully this survives
Of course it will
>>
Well, I think I'm set to get this session started.
>>
>>27218410

>>27219320
Supporting this one.
>>
>>27219320
>>27222556

"Okay, how about Berry takes Diamond, Longshot, and Sweet Heart with him; White Wine, Aireanna, Prism, and myself will go to the gala; and August and Sundance will stay here in case of emergencies."
>Sundance gives you a surprised look, "Wait, you're leaving me behind?"
>"Ha. Sundance got picked last. Bet that's a first," Longshot chuckles.
"I'm going to be walking into the middle of a castle filled with guards under the command of a pony who will, knowing my luck, gladly order them to pound me into a fine paste if he catches me," you explain to your friend. "I'd really feel more comfortable knowing that I've got some muscle on my side in such an emergency. So it's either way here in the wings or...go to the gala with us."
>"I... I understand," Sundance sighs in reluctance.
>You make a mental note to perhaps figure a way to make this up to her later.
>"Say, Pot," Berry draws your attention with a nudge of his hoof. "I know you're comfortable with the whole changeling thing but others might not but I uh, I could... I could really use a top-up, if you catch my drift. I don't really want to impose on you since you already take care of Wispy and stuff..."

Input action?
>>
>>27222701
You mean like another hug? Or, what?

Dang, she did intend to go
>>
>>27222701
give the man a bug
hug
bugh?
buggah
>>
>>27222701
Uhh...okay?

>>27222787
Galas usually have dancing. Maybe she wanted to do some more?
>>
>>27222787
>>27223045

"What you mean like a hug?"
>Berry gives you a deadpan stare.
>"I need some love, for pony's sake!"
"Oohhhh, that. Right...um, so...hug then?"
>Berry buries his face into his hoof.
>"I can't do you."
"I could put on some socks or maybe some music..."
>"You're too anxious right now. I need nourishment and you're a triple-pressed espresso right now."
"Oh, um...who would you prefer then?"
>"Uhmmm..." Berry taps his chin for a second as he looks everyone over. "The cow or the blue one," he finally decides, pointing at the two in question.
>"What? You can't drain me! I need that love!" Azura snaps back.
>"That sounds scary..." August adds, looking equally reluctant. "T-take Azura. She's an adventurer."
>"Oh hay no, take the cow! I'm sure she's stuffed so full of love!" Azura shouts as she points at the rancher. "Look at her, she's practically overripe with love."
>"Hey, that's not nice!"
>"How was volunteering me nice?"
>"I tried to compliment you!"
>The two continue shouting back and forth at one another with no end in sight.

You might need to step up with an executive decision.
>>
>>27223135
If they're arguing this much, they're going to become anxious too.

Take a moment to calm down, and see if Berry finds Pot to be less like coffee by then.
>>
>>27223135
Azura can do it. She can picture Berry as Prism if it helps
>>
>>27223135
Picking Azura or August right now doesn't seem like a good idea if they're both already so opposed to it. As in, its not going to make them very happy to just say 'you're fucking Berry because I say so.' Nor Berry too, for that matter.

He can transform, sure, but does it really change things if they still know who he really is?

Maybe there's some way they can all work together to passively feed Berry, like a cuddle pile.

Or do what >>27223218 says and just take a moment. Element of Generosity and all, Pot can handle it.
>>
>>27223135
I'll go with trying to calm down
>>
>>27223135
Can he take a little from each instead? That makes it teamwork!
>>
>>27223218
>>27223329
>>27223363
>>27223537

>As you watch the two bicker back and forth, you sigh inwards and roll your eyes.
"I think the milk's been spoiled, so to speak," you remark to the changeling.
>"Yeeaaahhh...angry love hits me like whiskey. Gets my blood up," Berry nods in agreement. He looks to you again and ponders his options. "Tell you what, take a few moments and calm down. You might have to suffice, I guess."
"Gee, way to make a stallion feel wanted. You must be a hit with the mares."
>"Just close your eyes and think of somepony you care about a lot."
"Just be gentle."
>You take some calming breaths and try to think of somepony special. At first you think about Wispy, but that just starts to sadden you...she's probably all alone and scared.
>Okay, somepony else. Maybe White Wine. You care about her a fair bit - her welcoming smile, her teasing little jokes, the way that she and Cutie Swirl...
>"Woah! Not that kind of thinking!" Berry suddenly shouts.
"What do you--OH SHIT!"
>You glance downwards and suddenly notice your daydreaming was having an unintended side-effect. You quickly shut your legs together and cover yourself with your hooves.
>"Oh my~"
>"Perhaps all three of you should just split it," Sundance suggests.
"Y-yeah, we should do that," you quickly nod.
>"I suppose I can live with that," Azura mumbles in agreement.
>You, Azura, and August promptly gather together next to Berry, once again following his instructions and be very careful about who you think about - less sexual and more emotional. A moment later you feel a cold chill run through and a sudden fatigue as though you had just sprinted across town.
>Berry lets out a rather satisified-sounding belch.
>"Ahhh, that hit the spot."

(cont.)
>>
>>27223722

>"Ooo...I'm going to need a moment to lay down," Azura murmurs as she staggers back to her seat. She rests her head down on the table, eyes half-open and glazed over slightly.
>"Sorry, I might've taken a bit more than I had intended," Berry apologizes, his voice and step now full of vigor. "Pony love, ya know? You just can't sip at it."
"I think we'll be okay. Just need to catch my breath."
>"Hey...you didn't give me a job yet," Azura comments, tiredly raising a hoof. "Where should I go and do stuff?"

Assign Azura a task?
>>
>>27223736
The Gala team's all full...how good is she at sneaking?
>>
>>27223736
Backup up or maid duty, depending on how sneaky you can be.
>>
>>27223754
I thought we could bring 6.
>>
>>27223800
Oh yeah, we just have 4 now.
How good is she at dancing?
>>
>>27223800
Oh yeah, I misread that. If she thinks she can pull off some upperclass mingling thhen she'd be a decent edition.
>>
inb4 we find out her relatives at the Gala
>>
>>27223810
>>27223832
We might even be able to squeeze Sundance in if we can convince her to have a bit of fun.
>>
>>27223810
>>27223832

>Would Azura be better on the maid-hunting team or the gala team? Or perhaps in reserve?
>If you ask her to stay in reserve, you realize you'll probably never hear the end of her complaining. She's not the type to sit idle, nor take the indignity in silence.
>Perhaps on the maid-hunting team? But she's never really gotten along with Longshot. Leaving the two of them on a mission together might cause trouble, especially if their egos start butting heads.
>That leaves only one real option...
"Would you like to join us at the gala?"
>"WOULD I?!" Azura gasps with a sudden jolt of vigor. She quickly calms herself down, trying to maintain an air of indifference. "I mean, I suppose I could, if you really need me there."
>Just then, you hear a knocking at the door, and in arrives Airy and White Wine.
>"Tickets scored," Airy reports full of triumphant swagger. "You would not believe how many dicks I had to suck to get these, so don't thank me too hard."
>"Well, if I get two as well, then we'll have six in total," Prism adds. "Given we don't want to arouse suspicion, it's best if we arrive at the gala in pairs at different times. So...who is going to be who's 'plus one'?"
>"Going stag!" Airy and Wine blurt out in unison.

Seems to be a disagreement once again. Input decision
>>
>>27224131
It's kinda necessary that we use all the spots we can get, you two.

Do we want to try and bring Sundance? If so then we should pair up with her. I don't think she's going to dance with anyone else in case we actually end up doing any. Otherwise I guess we'd pair up with Wine. As for the others, that kinda seems like a thing they'd decide themselves. unless they're just going to disagree again.

Predicting that Azura will want to go with Prism right now
>>
>>27224131
How well does Airy get along with Azura, really?
We can bait her with a "well since you two want to go alone, I'll just be Prism's date for the night then!"
Actually, all three would probably approve of that.

Whoever goes with Wine might meet her father. And all the family drama that entails.
Whoever goes with Prism might meet Celestia herself. But be more likely to meet Golden Horn too, and whatever guards he has with him.
While Airy's plus one is probably going to be involved gryphon policics...

Though since we don't really know for sure that Airy's and Wine's possible problems will need talking to get through, or something high profile, Azura might be a good fit. Like it or not, she isn't exactly a talker.

I would have Pot accompany Prism and Airy take Azzy with her.

Could we ask what went on with how they got their tickets first?
>>
>>27224322
Second being Prism's date
>>
>>27224296
>>27224322
>>27224443

"What's with the sudden desire to go alone?" you remark.
>Given that neither of them strike you as the 'stag' type, you're a bit suspicious of their request.
>"No reason!" Both once again respond in unison. They exchange nervous glances.
"Well, um...Prism do you have any--"
>"I'll go with Prism!" Azura shouts as she zips over to the unicorn's side. She promptly hooks her hoof around his and smirks at him. "Maybe you can introduce me to the Princess later."
>"Well, um... I suppose that's perfectly acceptable," Prism replies.
"Well hold on, this is just about going there initially," you remind them. "We can meet up again once we're inside."
>"Oh...right," Azura murmurs.
"How about I go to Prism, Aireanna takes Azura, and White Wine can go stag."
>"Yes!" Wine cheers under her breath.
>"I can work with that," Airy shrugs.
"After we're inside, we can mingle and swap partners if need be, or split off and do your own thing, just bear in mind that I might need your help with things. We still have to figure out a way to get alone with the Princess."
>There's a round of nods and agreeing murmurs.
>"I guess it's time to see about getting ourselves properly dressed for the occasion," Prism suggests as he leads you aside. "I can probably alter and loan you one of my old suits if you'd like. And I've been thinking it over, and it might be a good idea to use a slight...colour altering spell to help keep you from being noticed at the party. Now I've got some nice tunics in green, blue, white, a few black ones, one with some nice gold trim. Any particular preferences?"

Input response
>>
Wait, if there are six tickets, then no one should go stag. Am I missing something?
>>
>>27224554
Well what will Prism be wearing? We'll have to match outfits or something won't we?

That said, a colour change should be necessary. How about...cyan and white? We could take a black suit.
Will we be playing assistant again, or think up another backstory?

>>27224565
Prism, Wine and Airy all have a ticket each. That ticket lets them bring 'plus one' guest if they want. They each still have to go, because those tickets have their names on them.
>>
>>27224650
So we still have six ponies that could go. Why would we want less? I don't get why we're only taking five when we could have had six.
>>
>>27224668
The Gala is a social event, with the point of getting a chance to talk to the Princess without the commander or Pot's brother interfering. They won't know Pot's coming, but they will find out pretty easily what we're there for if they see him. So we don't bring anyone that would attract too much unwanted attention.

Sundance won't know the first thing to do, August is going to turn some heads since cows aren't common.
Longshot could go, but they'd decided he'd be better off helping Berry track down the maid. Diamond and Heart too, especially since Heart doesn't want to believe the guard could be behind all this.
>>
>>27224708
Now that you mention this, I remember it from the last thread. It's just been so long I forgot.

>>27224554
Change our coat to deep red and we'll wear a white tunic. Prism should wear black.
>>
>>27224719

Red with white sounds good.
>>
>>27224719
>>27224809

"Well if you ask me, if we're going together, we should try to coordinate our outfits," you suggest.
>"Heh, you're right. I hadn't even thought to consider that. Granted, I usually just let one of Celestia's dressmakers pick my outfit when I needed to get dressed up so I've never really given it much thought."
"Oh Prism, how are you ever going to meet a girl if you don't learn to dress to impress?"
>Prism flusters briefly for a moment. "Oh, I-er, well... I don't think that's really something we ought to be worrying about for tonight," he replies.
"No reason we can't kill two birds with one stone."
>You try to ease his nerves with a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
"How about I wear a white tunic, and you wear a black one. And you think we can turn me red for the evening?"
>"Red should be plenty easy," Prism replies. "Just be sure to avoid getting wet during the evening - water can make the colours runn."
>The unicorn heads over to a wardrobe and pulls out some clothes, levitating a pile over to you.
"I suppose I should get a cover name for this evening," you add.

Pick a cover ID.
>>
>>27224840
Uhhh

Red
>>
>>27224840
...Brian.
>>
>>27224840
BLAZING CAULDRON
>>
>>27224840
How about we pick a story first, then make a name to fit?
>>
>>27224872
Big Brian?
>>
>>27224846
>>27224896

"How about...um, Crimson....Blaze?"
>"That name sucks," Azura shouts from the far side of the room, still sprawling across the table. "And anypony that uses it sucks."
"Okay, we'll scratch that one off," you mumble back. "I guess I can do with...Crimson Cauldron?"
>"Good enough, I guess," Prism replies with a shrug of his shoulders. "Any complaints from you miss?"
>"I think it sucks too, but it's tolerable," Azura replies.
>After a quick change of clothes and a little application of magic, a now crimson red Pot Luck in a frilled white tunic was ready to hit the gala. Alongside you is Prism, adorned in black and, for a change, with his colourful mane slicked back.
>While you wait for the ladies to get ready for the evening, you're approached by Sundance.
>"You look...presentable," she comments in what you assume to be her best attempt at a compliment. "Listen, if you need my help, Prism will use his magic to signal for me. You can decide on a panic word if you want, as well. And...um, be careful in there. I know it's a gala but believe me when I say that you won't find a more back-stabbing bunch than inside a castle."

It's almost time for the gala. Any final preparations you wish to make?
>>
>>27225101
Does she want to come with us?
>>
>>27225101
Check in with August and go over the plan once more with Berry and the maid team. Julia's been pretty silent so far too.

Should we make a letter for the Princess in case we can't get enough time with her? That seems like a good backup plan.

Speaking of plans, what should we do in case any one of us gets discovered? Call in Sundance? In this case, the panic word/phrase should be something no one would ever normally say. Like "Pot's brother is a nice pony"
>>
>>27225101
It might be worth asking if she wants to come along. Since Wine is without a partner, there's a spot open for her if she wants it.
>>
>>27225142
>>27225146
>>27225213

"Would you...like to come to the gala, perhaps?"
>Sundance is taken back for a moment. She gives you a skeptical look for a moment, though it's better than the immediate 'no' you were expecting.
>"Pot, we're trying to go for 'inconspicuous' here," she explains. "'Big, one-winged mare' is the exact opposite of that. Now go check on the others and make sure they're all set."
>You shrug your shoulders and heed her words, trotting over to Longshot and Berry.
"You both all set?"
>"Well I'd like a few more swords and maybe a bundle of high explosives, but I'll make do," Longshot answers with a confident grin. "We'll head underground, let Berry sniff his way about, and see if we can bring the maid back here in a jiffy."
>"I still think we should bring some Royal Guards with us," Sweet Heart remarks.
>"We don't know who we can trust. I'm still not totally convinced on you, to be honest."
"Okay then, good luck with that."
>You give them some encouraging pats on the shoulder.
>Realize you've been neglecting one member of the team, you carefully reach into your saddlebags and take Julia out.
"Hey there, how are you holding up?"
>"I've been bumping around in your saddlebag all afternoon, how do you think I'm holding up?" she replies.
"...good?"
>"Well I suppose I can't complain. Ain't got legs to get tired after all, and it's not like I can do much on my own. Am I at least going to the party?"
"I see no reason why not."
>"Excellent - I could use a chance to rub metaphorical elbows with the current ruling class. And if you ever need help with Regal Horn, just let me know."
>You're not sure what kind of help she could be, but you figure you can use all the help you can at this point.
"You know, worst case scenario, I could just sneak you someplace in the castle and leave you for Celestia to find. You could try to convince her in my place," you offer as a suggestion.
>"A letter might be received better," Julia suggests.
"That too."

(cont.)
>>
>>27225486

>Soon, it feels as though you've got everything in order, or at least as much as you can given how little you know of what to expect. White Wine, Aireanna, and Azura soon join you, now wearing eloquent gowns, save for Airy whose attire seems to more resemble a formal military uniform. One in which she seems to be extremely uneasy with wearing.
>"By the gods I hate this thing," she grumbles as she adjusts the tunic. "Feel like a goddamn peacock with this."
"Where did you even get that?"
>"Borrowed it from the delegation folks I talked to," Airy explains. "And believe me, they'd have me wear something even worse if this wasn't so short-noticed."
"Now remember, the panic phrase is 'my brother's a swell pony,'" you remind the others. "After which, Prism will signal for Sundance who will come in and...I dunno, save us or something. I guess it depends on how bad the situation gets."
>"Just try not to do anything too crazy or disruptive," Prism adds. "This gala is an important part of the summit between the Equestrian and Gryphon representatives. Things are already pretty tense and we don't want to upset things any further."
>"And if you see a bird that looks as old as dust, stay the hell away from him!" Airy warns.
"Who would that be?"
>"The Gryphon Emperor. I don't want you ponies causing an international incident."

(cont.)
>>
>>27225495

>With everyone prepared, your team groups into pairs and head out, making sure to space your departures enough so that it doesn't look like you're traveling together. The city streets of Canterlot are quite busy for the evening with extra guards patrolling the streets and vendors staying out later than usual in hopes of catching ponies on their way to the castle.
>You approach the castle gates along Prism, who seems to be just as nervous as you're feeling right now. You fall into line with the other nobles and dignitaries slowly making their way to the gala, though the security check at the main gate goes slowly.
>"Tickets please," the guard at the checkpoint requests.
>Prism promptly presents the pair to him, which the guard checks just as quickly. He glances between you and Prism and then waves you through.
>"Have a good evening."
>"Okay, that's good, we're in," Prism whispers to you.
>He leads through the doors and into the castle, following the line until you reach the stairs leading to the grand hall. Just then, though, Prism stops dead in his tracks with a nervous look on his face.
>For a moment, you wonder what's gotten into him but then you look to the top of of the stairs and see why. Standing at the very, adorned in a flowing violet gown was Princess Celestia herself, greeting every guest coming in. And standing right alongside her, was a unicorn dressed in military attire. It was Regal Horn...he looked just like the action figure back in Prism's room.
>You're not able to linger for long as the ponies behind you in line nudge you forward, step by step closer to the Princess.

Input action.
>>
>>27225508
Stand a little straighter, look like we have every right to be there.
We might not be able to talk to the Princess with Horn so close, so we'll just have to get by without notice.
Which will be hard with Prism next to us. Can we move on ahead?
>>
>>27225508
Could we pull him asode for a moment? Duck into a bush or something?
Celestia is going to ask questions when she sees Prism
>>
>>27225598

>Oh god, it's the Princess. She's standing there and greeting everypony one by one. This wouldn't normally be so terrifying if it weren't for the fact that she's standing next to the pony you want to punch in the snout more than anything in the world.
>That and he could probably have you killed in a heartbeat. That is also a problem.
>"Shit, it's Regal and the Princess," Prism whispers to you.
"I know, I'm not blind."
>"What are we going to do?"
"Act casual. Horn won't recognize me...I hope."
>"What about the Princess? She's going to see me. I'm not ready for this."
"Maybe we can duck out of line and just bypass all this."
>It seems entirely possible; surely some ponies would rather be at the party than shaking hooves with the Princess. You casually glance to make sure things are clear and then you grab Prism and side-step out of the line. Without missing a beat, the ponies behind you in line close rank, making the gap disappear.
>Now you just need to slip away.
>"Spectral Prism, is that you?"
>And you've been spotted. More importantly, everyone in line stops and stares at you as the Princess pushes her way past the dignitaries and over to you and Prism.
>"I, um...g-good evening, your majesty. You're looking well and--"
>"Oh Prism, there's no need to be so formal," the Princess tries to reassure him. "I wish you had told me earlier you were planning on coming, I would've prepared a proper welcoming for you."
>"That really isn't necessary, Princess."
>"Do not be so modest, it is unbecoming of you," Celestia continues. She stops, though, and looks to you. "And who is your friend here?"
>Judging by the way Prism's mouth if hanging open with a faint 'gaaaaaaah' sound coming form it, he's hung up on his words.

Input response.
>>
>>27225698
"Oh I-I'm just a friend of Prism! The ticket said there was space for a plus one, so he decided to bring me!"

Then use an arm to bring him close and smile while whispering for him to play along.
>>
>>27225698
Hit on her. "Is that your radiant beauty or just the sun?"
>>
I think I'm going to call it a night here. Will try to resume tomorrow.
>>
>>27225698
Uhh...pretend to be Prism's date? No, that'll just mean they'll take notice when we move apart.

Divert attention form us?
Start with >>27225732
and say "Prism agrees. Look, you've rendered him speechless!"
then >>27225716

>>27225767
Goodnight
>>
>>27225698
Cauldron's the name, Princess. I'm just a friend.
>>
bump in case
>>
beb
>>
>>27229778
>>
>>27230819
>>
>>27231751
>>
>>27229778
>>
>>27229778
>>
Would have been a great time to sneak in wearing a dress with Sunny in a suit bump
>>
Right, best to get this show underway again...
>>
>>27225716
>>27225781

"Just a friend - Crimson Cauldron's the name. Prism was so nervous about coming back here on his own, so he brought me along for moral support," you explain as you set a hoof around Prism's shoulder.
>Wasn't too far from the truth, really, so it's not as though you're lying to the Princess.
"I mean, look at him, your radiance has practically rendered him speechless already."
>"Oh dear, I'm terribly sorry," Celestia apologizes, looking a bit sheepish for a moment. She glances to the line of nobles who are all looking at you with growing impatience. "Perhaps this is a conversation best saved for later. Why don't you take Prism inside and I'll try to find him when I can."
"Of course, your highness."
>Thankfully, it seems as though all parties want to avoid any public conversations at the moment, so you hastily usher a still slack-jaw Prism along. Your own nervousness begins to subside as you put more distance between yourself and Horn. On the bright side, it appears as though nobody knows who you are.
>You and Prism both breath a sigh of relief when you reach the grand hall. Inside are scores of well-dressed ponies and gryphons, tables topped with decorations and snacks, and on the far side are several musicians provide entertainment. The air of aristrocracy is so thick you can almost cut it with a knife.
>You and Prism had been the last to depart so your friends are somewhere out there in the sea of turbulent egos and snobbery. Now you just need to start figuring out how to get the Princess alone, or perhaps find your friends first, or maybe just grab some food...

Input action.
>>
>>27236037
Time to sample what rich ponies eat.
>>
>>27236037
Might as well check out the food, counts for attempting to find the rest of our party as well.
>>
>>27236037
food sounds good. Might give us a talking point if we need one.
>>
>>27236037
>You and Prism had been the last to depart so your friends are somewhere out there in the sea of turbulent egos and snobbery.

Azura is providing about 20% of that herself.

Let's talk with Prism about how locking up during a conversation is the WORST POSSIBLE way to go about things
>>
>>27236037
Try the food, and look around the crowd while doing it.
Maybe we can charm the pants of some gryphon for info
>>
>>27236113
>>27236223
>>27236361
>>27236301

>No reason you can't take a peak at what the rich and elite ponies of Equestria dine upon, if only to get some ideas for new dishes. You and Prism casually make your way over to a table filled with appetizers, led by the growing hunger within.
>"My word, it's a veritable who's who of pony and gryphon aristrocracy in here," Prism comments as he appears more concerned over his surroundings than the food.
>You, on the other hoof, are more interested in the tiny quiches arranged on a larger platter. Probably made with quail eggs and expensive aged cheeses.
"Ooo~ Bite-sized. They're kinda cute when you make them tiny," you chuckle to yourself. "It's like making food small suddenly makes it more appealing."
>"There's the Duke of Trottingham... the Lord-Admiral of the Fleet... the Imperial Chancellor..."
"Hey Prism, you wanna talk about how you kinda froze back there with the Princess?"
>"Hm? What? Oh, right... that."
"Kind of important to not act suspicious."
>"I'm terribly sorry, Po--I mean, Cauldron. I wasn't expecting to see her so suddenly and to focus on me directly. I was expecting maybe some casual indifference or a brief 'hello' but to have her come right up to like I was some long awaited--"
"Prism!"
>You set a hoof on his shoulder to cease your friend's ramblings, lest her attract more attention.
>"I...I don't know what to do. I keep telling myself to act casual and then I just lock up again..."

Input words?
>>
>>27236497
Well, we got through it, but prepare yourself now. She does seem to want to talk. We can possibly use this to our advantage.
>>
>>27236497
Calm down Prism. I think she just misses her friend, so act like her friend. There's no need to overthink things.
>>
>>27236525
>>27236538

"Just... calm down, Prism. I think she misses her friend, so all you need to do is be that friend and stop over-thinking things."
>"Stop overthinking things?" Prism snaps back. "Do you have any idea how much my brain thinks in any given second? I think about 124.5% more than the average pony per second!"
"Can you actually measure that?"
>"Even when I try not to think about things, my brain subconsciously thinks about them. It's already run through about fifteen doomsday-level scenarios of conversations with Celestia since we entered this room and I literally can't make it stop!"
"Maybe you should get a drink. To calm your nerves."
>"Y-yeah, that's a good idea. A drink. Uh...what should I get to drink?"

Input suggestion?
>>
>>27236497
Don't overthink things, it'll just make you freeze up. The princess clearly wants to treat you on friendly terms, so let her.
He doesn't have a crush on her, does he?
>>
>>27236852
Positive thinking is a thing you know.
Control the direction your thoughts take.
I mean, aren't you happy to see her again? Wouldn't you actually like to talk to her?
>>
>>27236852
Something light.
Enough to soothe his nerves some, but we don't want to risk him getting drunk.
What's at the drink table? Wine? Cider? Spiked punch?
Though if they have small bottles of drink we should swipe one or two. Could come in handy as a bribe, or for something else.
>>
>>27236869
>He doesn't have a crush on her, does he?
Oh Anon

It seems implied a bit but I could just be retarded
>>
>>27236869
>>27236898
>>27236899

"Just...something light for now. Maybe they have some wine around here."
>There's plenty of servants trotting about the hall with platters of food and drinks up for grabs. You opt for convenience and grab a goblet from the tray of a passing servant. You give it a quick sniff and it seems innocuous enough for Prism.
"Here, just have this."
>Prism doesn't hesitate and drops the contents down his throat in a heartbeat, which is followed promptly by a hacking, wheezing fit.
>"That... that was gryphon ice wine..." he groans once he regains his footing.
"That good or bad?"
>"Very strong," he answers.
"Just try and keep thinking positive, okay? The Princess clearly wants to keep things on friendly terms with you, so go with that. And if anything, we can perhaps use this as a way to get a word in with her in private."
>"Right, right. Of course. This isn't about me," Prism murmurs, more to himself than anything. "I think, I think I'll be okay. Just as long as I don't over thinking things too much again. Perhaps I should get another drink. Keep the nerves calm so I don't think about the Princess crushing my entire world with one well-placed word."
"Maybe we should try mingling a bit," you offer while turning your attention to the other guests.
>Quite a few ponies milling about, young and old, some politicians, some businessponies, some military. You do notice quite readily that most of the gryphons seem to have congregated on one side of the room and all the ponies on the other side. Not much intermingling between the two it seems.

Input strategy?
>>
>>27237146
Not surprising. People tend to talk to people they know at these things.
Don't suppose Prism knows anyone here who's not fond of Regal Horn?
Might be worth chatting to them, see if they haven't heard any rumors about him.
>>
>>27237146
Say hi to the gryphons. Not much of a summit if nobody is even trying to interact with each other.
>>
>>27237146
Talk to the gryphons. Maybe we'll find Airy in there too.
Can we see Azura and Wine in the pony crowd? We could bring Airy to them, that might encourage the groups to start mingling

And get Prism a glass of water. Dont want him getting drunk so soon.
>>
>>27237186
>>27237193
>>27237316

"Maybe we should just lay off the drinks for a moment, just in case," you suggest as you ease Prism away from the beverage table.
>Last thing you need is a worried drunk shooting his mouth off. Plus you need him to be able to signal Sundance in case of an emergency.
>You still don't see any sign of White Wine or Airy and Azura; hopefully they're somewhere in this mess.
"Say, is there anyone we might be able to talk to that isn't too fond of Horn?"
>"You mean aside from most of the gryphons?" Prism replies. "I'm sure you can find one or two ponies that find his methods a bit harsh, even Celestia will agree to that on occasion, but outright dislike him? I don't think so. Horn can be a pompous ass most of the time, but he knows how to handle nobles in conversation."
"Well...let's try chatting up some gryphons then, eh?"
>You scan the crowds in search of a certain blue unicorn that should stand out quite easily, or at least spot some possible gatherings of birds you could chat up.
>You see a group of young gryphons chatting up near the wine table; they seem a bit lively and relatively welcoming.
>Near one of the windows was a collection of older gents all adorn in military garbs. They seem to be as watchful of the crowds as you are.
>There's also some rather veteran gryphons furthest in the back, appearing to be the best-dressed and most important-looking of them all.
>And somewhere in the midst of a larger crowd, you spot something that looks like a pink mane.

Input action.
>>
>>27237507
See if we can find the pink mane again. Is that Azura?

We could also ask the younger ones if they've seen Airy. Maybe even break the ice with some drinks

Should we split up? I don't want to lose Prism when we don't even know our way around.
>>
>>27237590
I don't see much gain in splitting up really. We're largely waiting for an opportunity at the moment anyway.
I agree on talking to the younger griffins.
>>
>>27237507
Pink mane would be either Azura or Sunlight. Got a feeling it's probably Sunlight, somehow.

I'll go with talking to the younger griffons.
>>
>>27237590
>>27237612
>>27237789

>The younger gryphons look like the most welcoming of the bunch, at least by gryphon standards. Plus maybe they might have seen some of your friends.
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, enjoying the gala?" you greet as you swoop in, making sure to keep Prism along with you.
>Can't be losing track of him now, lest you want to fend for yourself in this sea of unfamiliar faces and lurking threats.
>"Well no fights have broken out yet, so I suppose you can consider things going okay, if a bit on the boring side though," one of the male gryphons answers. "Though with the way that Lady Rockbeak has been going through the ice wine tonight, the peace probably will be short-lived."
>There's a round of laughter from the other gryphons, so you make sure to chuckle along out of politeness.
>"I don't believe I've ever seen you at any of these events before," one of the lady gryphons remarks as she regards you and your friend.
"Oh, well I'm not usually invited to these kind of exclusive events, but my friend here is Spectral Prism."
>"Ohhhh~" a few of the gryphons coo at the mentioning of the name.
>"The eccentric court Wizard, correct?"
>"Um, yes. I suppose that's an accurate description," Prism chuckles in his embarassment. "Now I'm trying to find an... associate of mine. She's a gryphon - gray-tipped feathers. Goes by the name of Aireanna."
>Almost all of the gryphons go wide-eyed all of a sudden.
>"She's here?"
>"I thought she left forever."
>"Wasn't she exiled?"
>"That's just a rumor."
>"It's been years... why now?"
>"Does the Emperor know she's here?"
>"Forget about him, does Tyrest know?"
>"Her mother is going to have a fit when she finds out."
>You start getting an idea that Airy's dislike of gryphon politics has some more personal reasons involved.

Input action.
>>
>>27238018
Guessing they haven't seen her then.
Who's Tyrest?
>>
>>27238018
Ask if they're talking about the same Aireanna we are
>>
>>27238018
She was with us, but she seems to have gotten separated.
>>
>>27238018
It's probably not the same Griffon, Airy is pretty down to earth.

DAMAGE CONTROL MODE GO
shit she's gonna kill us after this

Except the will be no after this, since this is JAD's swan song...
>>
>>27238045
>>27238068
>>27238110

"I'm going to take that as a no, you haven't seen her."
>"We are talking about the same Aireanna, right?" Prism asks, still in a hint of disbelief. "Aireanna Steelfeather."
>The other gryphons nod in unison.
"And who's Tyrest?"
>One of the gryphons is just about to answer but his mouth hangs open in silence, and he just stares like a frozen animal at something just past you.
>You glance over your shoulder.
"Oh, hey Airy. There you are."
>"Hey Cauldron, Prism," Airy replies in a firm, polite tone.
>Her gaze is still locked with the other gryphons, who all slowly begin to back away from her.
>"Anyways, I was wondering when you two were going to arrive," Airy continues as she guides you away from the other gryphons. "I seem to have lost Azura, though. Some military ponies were talking military stuff so she started getting all 'yeah well I've done this and such' with them. Noble ponies appear to love hearing war stories about as much as gryphons, apparently."

Input words?
>>
>>27238234
Well let's go find her then, shall we?

Then ask her what the heck the other gryphons were talking about
>>
>>27238234
Do you always have this impression on griffons?
>>
>>27238234
Sooo... You're reputation apparently proceeds you, huh?
>>
>>27238234
Who's Tyrest? Could he, as well as her parents, cause us problems?
>>
>>27238253
>>27238258
>>27238260
>>27238280

"I didn't know you had such a reputation in the gryphon aristocracy."
>"And I'm betting what little you heard can give you a pretty good idea that I'm not too fond of it and would rather keep myself as far away from it as possible," Airy replies, clearly in a hurry to move the group away from the congregations of gryphons. At least the ponies weren't casting glances at her and whispering amongst themselves.
"This Tyrest isn't going to cause a problem is it?"
>"Tyrest?!" Airy blurts out, the feathers along her neck suddenly fluffing outwards. "You saw him? He's here?!"
>She suddenly ducks in behind you, warily casting her eyes about.
"I...um, no. I just heard his name get mentioned."
>"Oh. Oh thank goodness. Don't scare me like that," Airy says with a heavy sigh of relief.
"Would he be a problem?"
>"What? No. No of course not. Cause if he was anywhere near here I would be out the door so fast like you wouldn't believe," Airy says with a nervous laugh. "Could we please change the subject to literally anything but me?"

Input action
>>
>>27238417
Okay. Who's Tyrest?
>>
>>27238417
Seen any of our other wayward friends?
>>
>>27238417
>>27238473
>>
>>27238471
>>27238473
>>27238499

"Okay, who's Tyrest?"
>You notice Airy's left eyebrow twitch a bit at the mentioning.
>"He's... just a guy. Great guy. Well, knight technically. Knight of the First Order. Makes him very important. Super important. Far too important to waste time at silly galas like this one. Hey look is that White Wine over there?"
>At first you're a bit skeptical that Airy actually spotted your friend, but as the gryphon shoves you across the gala hall, you eventually do notice the familiar face of your friend amidst a crowd of conversing Canterlot ponies.
>Though when she notices you and the others approaching, she looks to be stricken with panic too, almost shaking her head frantically and trying to wave you off without anyone else noticing.

Keep approaching or change direction?
>>
>>27238572
Let's loudly yell "WHAT'S WRONG"
>>
>>27238572
She's in the middle of something, lets look elsewhere.
>>
>>27238572
Turn 360 degrees and walk away from the wine horse.
>>
>>27238609
>>27238611
No.
>>27238610
This.
>>
>>27238572
Make a loop around her crowd and see what we can pick up.

>>27238611
So turn around in place and keep walking right towards her?
>>
>>27238572
Dodge drama, try somewhere else
>>
>>27238629
Are you unfamiliar with the moon walk?
>>
>>27238624
>>27238629
It's a meme you retards.
>>
>>27238641
You can still vote with memes. It should be countered.
>>
>>27238637
Well why not just say so in the first place?

But no matter what weird walk Pot does, he should do it like it's a completely normal thing. No matter how many stare
>>
>>27238648
Doesn't need countering when it means "go away"
>>
>>27238610
>>27238632

>You might not always be the most observant pony in the world, but you like to think you know when a pony is telling you go away.
"Hey, let's go find Azura shall we?" you announce to your friends and quickly change course.
>Luckily, everyone is too absorbed in their conversations to notice the two ponies and a gryphon suddenly veering off in a new direction.
>However, in your haste to redirect, you didn't take into account where your new direction was taking you and you wind up bumping straight into another gryphon.
>And he's a big gryphon too, well-aged with musty gray feathers, and looking quite regal with enough gold jewelry adorning him to sink a boat.
>"Oh crap..." Airy murmurs under her breath. She freezes on the spot for a moment, almost as if hoping the other's vision was based on movement. But such was not the case as he beams brightly upon setting his squinting eyes on Airy.
>"Lil' Aireanna! Oh I thought I'd never get to see that face of yours again! Come here you little rascal and give this old turkey a hug!"
>He didn't give Airy much option as he promptly swings his surprisingly powerful limbs around her, giving her a generously affectionate squeeze that she awkwardly tries to return but can't even get her arms around his bulk.
>"H-hello Emperor Sparrowhawk," Airy nervously replies. "I'm...glad to see you still doing well."
>"Not if these wiley sycophants have anything to say about that. HA!"
>He finally releases Airy, much to her relief, though now she looks even more anxious than before.
>"Um, well...Emperor, I would like to introduce you to a few of my...um, friends. This is Crimson Cauldron and Spectral Prism."
>"What a pleasure to meet you both," Sparrowhawk says as he seizes your hoof and gives it a vigorous shake. He leans in closer to you and smirks. "So, has she been giving you as much trouble as she has the rest of us? Haha!"

Input response.
>>
>>27238813
Oh no, Airy's no trouble at all. Quiet the opposite really.
>>
>>27238833
>>
>>27238813
Something like that
>>
>>27238813
It seems like this guy would appreciate friendliness.

Well that depends on your definition of 'trouble' doesn't it? I'd say things have been manageable so far.

So, Emperor, how do you know Aireanna? She never got the chance to tell us much about you...
>>
Must step out to do some errands. I'll probably be back in an hour or so.
>>
>>27238894

False alarm apparently. Back to the JAD-ness.
>>
>>27238833
>>27238857

"Oh, she's actually far from being trouble. She's helped me out of a few binds in the past, and she's always been willing to lend her expertise."
>"Yes yes, that's definitely the Airy I know. Can never let things just be...always gotta get involved or shake up the status quo. You would do well to keep her close cause whatever you're doing is working. Heavens know I've tried my darnedest and she still goes off to find her own way."
>He lets out another deep, boisterous laugh as his arms wraps around your shoulder, hugging you up tight against the feathers of his neck and upper chest.
>He smells quite dusty...
"So Airy never mentioned she knew you so well. How do you two know each other?"
>"Oh hey, have you tried the shrimp cocktails? Or the ice wine? Or anything that doesn't involve having to talk about me?" Airy interjects, smiling nervously as she tries to deflect things elsewhere. Sadly, all she gets is being hugged in with the opposite arm, leaving both of you pressed against the Emperor's chest.
>"Don't be so modest, Airy. Why she's practically been part of the family since the day she was born. Her mother was set to be wedded to my fourth son, Gavron, but alas he fell and passed away far too young. But even without the marriage, I had always seen the engagement as gaining a daughter...even if she did wind up marrying that cloaca-sucker from the Goldfeathers..."
>"That would be my dad," Airy adds just to keep you up-to-date. "He's never exactly been popular. It's why I don't carry his name."

Input words?
>>
>>27239085
Ah, I see. That sounds like a shame. Are you still close with Airy's mother, at least?

It would be wise to be on good terms with the Emperor. He might just save us from trouble later.
>>
>>27239085
>>27239107
Sounds like good thinking to me
>>
Think it would be a good idea to talk about Wispy a little?

Like her name and how much she means to us, specifically. If we ever need to declare our grand reason for coming here, maybe he'll be able to persuade Horn to hold off on us for a little while. He seems to be the type to hold family, blood or otherwise, as an important thing.
>>
>>27239107
>>27239164

"Do the two of you still keep in touch at least?"
>"But of course. Her mother sits on the Third Order Council and she's always been able to make the meetings less of a bore. Why this one time, the House Lord from--"
>"Could we not talk about how my mother literally rammed a guy's walking stick up his ass?"
>"You said it, not me."
>Airy groans and rolls her eyes.
"Your politics are really...um, interesting."
>"So Crimson, mind if I pick at your brain for a moment?" Sparrowheart begins as he starts sauntering off, with you and Airy still hugged to his chest. "You seem like the sort to be up and straight with what they think. No offense but you ponies seem to love dancing with your words. It's like trying to nail jelly to a wall some days. Now the Griffish Isles have always been the hotly contest piece of land between our two great nations. I think it's changed hands like...at least twice since I've taken the throne. And now that we have it again, your military leaders are all up in hooves over it again like we're desecrating it and molting all over it. They say they want to take it back because of some insult we committed when we took it over, and we say we took it over as payback for something they did, and so on and so forth. Tell me, Crimson, how much do you really care about who owns what piece of land? Does your life change drastically if you're tax coins are going to me rather than Celestia? These disagreements feel like such a battle of egos at this point, I sometimes worry that the ones who are suffering the most are the ones that are being dragged into the middle of it. What do you think of it all? If you were in charge, what would you propose?"

Input words?
>>
>>27239217
Well, Emperor, I believe its a matter of pride. Those arguing over who should have their name on what aren't exactly the same ones living and working on the land itself. And their opinions are important too.
It seems like a kind of trivial matter to the farmer who his coin goes to if his food is still going to the same ponies and gryphons he always has been feeding.
But of course, that farmer might really care about that.

Could we ask for a little more info about who lives on it? Best case, everyone sits down at a big table and talks it out like a bunch of adults instead of acting like children.
>>
>>27239217
What were those insults? What did the gryphons do?
If those reasons had some credit, maybe its worth getting more details on.
If not, then maybe it really is just a bunch arguing about their bruised egos.

>>27239297
Has a point. What do the ponies/gryphons living there think?
>>
Calling it a night. As usual, will hope to see you folks tomorrow.
>>
>>27239406
Goodnight!
>>
>>27239217
Well, being honest with you, I think neither Equestria nor the Griffish Isles need the land, and that this is really just pride at play.
Politicians posturing at each other and paying no attention to the ones being caught in the crossfire.
If I were in charge I'd want a permanent solution. A grudge can simmer for decades, and come back to bite you when you least expect it.
With that in mind I'd suggest two things. The first is splitting the land.
That would probably lead to a lot of arguing over who should get what, but if an agreement could be reached it would solve the problem.
The second would be a vote. Let the residents decide among themselves who they are better off answering to.
If they did that then any attempt to take the land would be an act against not just the will of the authority in charge of it but also the people living there.
Whoever did so would be undeniably an invader acting on self serving reasons, and politicians don't want that kind of reputation.
>>
>>27239217
>you did this so im taking it back
>nuh uh, you did this BEFORE so its ours now

the pettiest of squabbles, but thaaaat's politics!
>>
>>27241898
Now all we need is a couple of Skeleton brothers and then this will get solved.
>>
>>27241865
>>
>>27243383
>>
>>27244504
Bump
>>
>>27244504
>>
>>27245571
bumpity
>>
>>27247456
>>
"Seems to me to be more about pride than practicality or even what's in the best interest of the folks who live there."
>"Couldn't agree with you more there, lad," Sparrowhawk replies with a mournful sigh. He pivots on the spot, directing your still-pinned gaze towards a pony in the distance. "That gentlecolt over there is the Archduke of Trottingham. Contrary to what his title might suggest, his family hasn't lived on the island in three generations." He then turns about and directs you to a gryphon. "That is the Highlord of the Griffish Isles. His family hasn't set a talon upon the island in four generations. I'm quite certain he wouldn't even be able to find it on a map. And despite all that, both insist that the island should belong to them by ancestral rights. Nobody who lives on the island is even in the room."
"I'm guessing neither of them is interested in sharing?"
>"Better luck convincing them to part with their tails."
"In my opinion, I think you should let the inhabitants decide who they want to stay with. If you keep fighting battles over that island, eventually there's not going to be anyone left to actual live and work there. I know the farmers might not care too much about politics, but you can't expect them to tolerate being fought over like some toy between two children."
>"Let the inhabitants decide? Now that's rather interesting concept. It's like what those ponies of ancient times used to practice. What was it called again?"
>"Democracy," Airy answers.
>"Catchy name to it. You know, it's crazy enough, maybe it might work."
>The Emperor goes silent for a second, clearly considering things, then he starts chuckling to himself again.
>"Okay, question number two, my dear Cauldron, do you know if Airy is seeing anybody?"
>"Y-Your Highness! I'm literally right next to you!"
>"Well if I wanted sarcasm and deflection I would've asked you directly. What do you expect an old bird to do?"

Input response.
>>
>>27248297
Airy isn't seeing someone so much as she's seeing everyone.
>>
>>27248297
I'm not nosy enough of a pony to pry into her private affairs...
That said, she's the kind of girl who's 'up for anything'.
Why just the other week I recall her being accompanied by two strapping pony travellers...
>>
>>27248356
>>27248439

"Oh I wouldn't really know about that. I mean, she's my friend but I don't pry into her personal affairs too much."
>"Well you should! Far more interesting than most of the shit that happens around here," the Emperor chuckles back.
>"Seriously, your Highness, I haven't been...worrying about that sort of thing."
>The Emperor starts shaking his head, going 'tsk tsk' under his breath.
>"I know you're young, but you have to keep your future in mind; not keep living in the moment," he says, taking a more nurturing undertone. "Have you spoken with Tyrest?"
>"Could we please not talk about that?"
>"Airy, please. I think you owe him that much."
>"I don't...he'll get all emotional on me. You know I don't do that stuff," Airy pleads in response.
>"Please. For me? It'd mean so much to me if you go over to him and--"
>"Oh god, you mean he's here? In the castle."
>"He's out in the garden," the Emperor replies as he gestures his head off in the general direction. "Airy, I'm an old, old bird. Don't let me die with this thing still hanging over my head."
>Airy let out a quiet whimper and then finally nods. "Okay, I'll go do it..."
>"That's the spirit," Sparrowhawk says as he gives you both a tight squeeze. "Now if you'll excuse me, I smell a roast with my name on it."
>As the Emperor releases you both and heads on his way, you're finally able to get a few decent breaths in. You'll be smelling old bird in your nostrils all night now. However, worse than that, though, is the look on your friend's face - the kind of look that screams 'please god kill me now.'

Input words?
>>
>>27248634
Need a quick fuck as a pick-me-up?
>>
>>27248634
Need a few drinks before you keep that promise?
>>
>>27248634
Sorry about that Airy.
>>
>>27248634
Would now be a good time to ask who tryest is?
>>
>>27248708
>>27248756

"Would you like a drink perhaps?"
>"Yes. Very yes."
>You quickly lead your friend over to the nearest source of liquid courage, where upon she wastes no time in finding the strongest one of the lot and taking a mouthful of it.
"Do you need to be alone for this?"
>"No, please don't leave," Airy says, reaching out and grabbing your hoof as though you might run off otherwise. "I'm definitely going to need a friend, if only to make sure I don't run away again."
"Is he why you left the Gryphon Empire?"
>"Yeah. I mean, not entirely but he definitely represented what I wanted to get away from," Airy explains, grabbing another drink but thankfully nursing it more cautiously. "Tyrest is a Knight of the First Order. That's like being a celebrity in gryphon society. Gryphons get raging hard-ons for their military heroes and the First Order Knights are the kings of the roost. Anybody who's got a statue of themself in the capital has been in the order or at least been closely associated with it. And Tyrest was one of those pretty-boy types that you put at the front of the parades to make everyone feel extra patriotic."
"And your relation to Tyrest?"
>Airy takes a long sip and sighs. "Tyrest and I...were involved. We were supposed to get married."
"Supposed to? What happened?"
>"I realized one day that I didn't really love, and that the Empire was not the future I wanted for myself. So I ran off and didn't look back. I just...might've realized all that on the same day as the wedding. Like, two hours before the ceremony was supposed to start."

Input words.
>>
>>27248879
Well on the bright side...its easoer to handle than annulling the marriage later?

I can't imagine he would have taken it well. And judging by Sparrowhawk's reaction, he seems pretty beat up about it. Like it did a really big number on his confodence. Then again, we dont want him to keep clinging onto Airy for the rest of the night
>>
>>27248879
Ah.

Kinda gotta take his side on this then. You should really apologize for doing that. Not for not marrying him, but for running off without saying anything.
>>
>>27249023
>>27248899

"Yeeeaaaaaah...while I can understand not wanting to get married to somebody unless you're absolutely certain, but I think the situation could've been handled better."
>"You think I don't know that?" Airy snaps, though more out of self-directed frustration than annoyance at you. "But I mean, he's Tyrest. The guy is made of stone. It'd take way more than me to do any damage to a guy like him. Plus he gets so much tail, he's probably forgotten about me already."
>You give your friend a disapproving frown.
"Airy, you're avoiding the issue," you warn her. "You might've felt justified in leaving, but he still had to find out the hard way. Have you ever even communicated with him in any way since you left?"
>"Um... no?"
"Oh Airy," you sigh. "You need to fix this."
>"Shouldn't we be worrying about saving Airy."
"We can do both," you insist as you start pushing your friend towards the garden. "You are going to make this right, even if it does mean he gets to yell at you for a little while."
>"Now you're starting to sound like the turkey," Airy groans whilst rolling her eyes. "Fine, fine! I'll get on with it. Probably going to be a waste of time my anyways..."
>The two of you head towards the exit to the gardens. Out in the clearing near a fountain was a well-groomed young gryphon, sipping casually at his wine while staring out at the evening sun. He was definitely the 'pretty boy' that Airy describes, with a well-defined build and disciplined posture, a beakline that looks as though it were chiseled from stone, and feathers so white and pure it was likely polished marble.
"Dayum, he is handsome," you remark.
>"You can have him if you want," Airy jests.
>You give her a nudge forward again.
>"Okay okay, I'll go."
>With a sigh, she slowly walks over to the other gryphon. You stay by the doorway, though you could possible move closer to hear what they're saying.

Stay put or no?
>>
>>27249098
Let's get a bit closer. Airy did say she wanted us near by, so I don't think she minds us eavesdropping.
>>
>>27249098
I think we'd be okay moving a little closer
>>
>>27249098
Is there a convenient potted plant to hide behind?
>>
>>27249103
>>27249122
>>27249132

>As the garden provides lots of foliage and shrubbery to casually stand behind, you see no harm in carefully sneaking a bit closer so you can hear what's going on.
>You've got to provide moral support for your friend, after all.
>Plus you're really curious.
>You keep out of sight, but it's easy enough to hear.
>"Um...hello Tyrest," Airy begins. She sounds as nervous as you expected.
>"Aireanna?"
>"Surprise~ Ah-heh-heh...heh."
>"Yes. I am definitely surprised."
>Either Tyrest is really holding himself in or he normally sounds as dreary as a lump of granite.
>"Sooooo, how have you been?"
>"You abandoned me at the altar in front of hundreds of the Empire's elite. You crushed my heart."
>With how monotonic he sounds, you wonder if he's reading off a cue card held in the distance. You quickly glance around the corner to see and confirm that it is still just Airy and Tyrest standing by the fountain.
>"Yes, well...I got scared, and I realized that while I care for you a lot, I wasn't in love with you. And I frankly hate living in the Empire and wanted to get as far away from it as possible."
>"And so you left, cutting virtually all ties with it."
>"Exactly."
>"Hm. That does sound like the emotionally extreme reaction that you are prone to do," Tyrest states plainly.
>"Hey! I don't--" Airy stops herself short. "Okay, I suppose I deserve that. Well, I just want to say that I am really sorry for the pain I've caused you. What I did was wrong and it hurt you, and I'm sorry."
>"Your apology is satisfactory. I appreciate that you've taken time to acknowledge my feelings."
>"Okay then. I'm going to go back inside then," Airy says as she starts backing away towards the door.

Input action?
>>
>>27249243
Wow...

I guess he's literally made of granite or something...
I gotta ask how Airy and... that... were ever an item.
Like, how does sex work with a rock?
>>
>>27249253
Ask Marble.
>>
>>27249243
Well, alrighty then.
That was easy?
>>
>>27249267
>>27249253

>Fortunately, you're standing close enough to the path back to the gala hall that you're able to quickly step out and block Airy's path before she gets any further.
"Airy, what the hell was that?"
>"I think it was an apology. And he accepted. Job's over. Goodness that was easier than I thought. I should've done that years ago."
>You frown bitterly at her.
"You call that an apology? He barely even reacted it. You may as well have been reading him the weather forecast."
>"Oh? What you mean all that? Pfft! He's always been a bit of a stiff; it's a part of his charm. Okay, yes, he is a bit more stern than he usually is but he's gotten older and wiser, so of course he's a bit more rock-like."
"You left him at the altar and he's barely even twitching. I've seen people mourn a dropped sandwich more than this."
>"Hey, if you want to try talking to him, be my guest. I've upheld my end of the bargain."

Input response.
>>
>>27249325
Are you SURE he's fine?
You know him better than I, but seriously, that was fuckin weird
>>
>>27249325
Well then, our turn
>>
Blarg. Gonna have to call it a night here.
>>
>>27249325
Somehow, I think you know that whatever that was, it wasn't what it should have been.
If you ever cared about him, you'd make sure he was okay.
>>
bumpity
>>
beb
>>
>>27249325
This may sound random, but I thought of a good motto.

"Sore and bored? Come to the Sword and Board!"
>>
>>27251654
>>
>>27251654
>>
>>27252598
>>
>>27251846
>>
>>27251846
I like it.
>>
>>27251846
Pretty good! And hey somebody's asleep at the switch, I should have been made aware that JAD was running again. Lousy slackers.
>>
>>27256284
Innkeeper whined about it in /cyoag/ for days.

This is the swan song, BTW. Once we find wispy it's game over.
>>
>>27256295
So if it ends when we save her, then what about everything else that we missed? Like getting Sundance to feel emotion, or adventuring and looting?
>>
>>27256379
It's over, anon
>>
>>27256379
Finished, Anon
>>
>>27256295
>>27256379

For what it's worth, I'm not entirely certain what I'm going to do when this story arc finishes. I'm not sure whether I should just retire from cyoa's altogether, take a break from JAD, try something else altogether, or just keep going but at a slower pace to keep from getting overwhelmed. I just don't know yet.

Anyways, thats all I have time for cause it be cray cray at work.
>>
>>27256731
You could always try running AirJAD again...
>>
>>27256731
I'd just say go at a slower pace.

JAD could also be a pretty good sandbox rpg adventure kinda thing too. We have some interesting companions by our side and you created an interesting world to explore.
>>
>>27256731
Occasional runs of JAD to finish our quests (Cyborg for Julie, etc) would be nice.
>>27256862
I do not endorse this idea. JAD is perfection, airJAD was definitely less.
>>
>>27256731
Maybe alternate between this and whatever other quest you have in mind?

>>27257022
AirJAD's failure was not with its idea, but with its players that kept arguing. Actually, I think that was just two guys.
>>
>>27257104
It was a LOT more than just two people. Everyone in that thread was doing nothing but arguing, really.
>>
>>27257130
Really then? Those arguments always seemed too repetitive to me to be more than a few people.

So much trouble just because of the color pink...
>>
>>27256862
>>27257022
>>27257104

Taking another stab at an airship cyoa is certainly in the possible options. Preferably a fresh start; I'd simplify most of the systems and make the goal of the game a lot more straight-forward. Also had a silly idea for the general atmosphere of the setting - Twilight Sparkle runs the piracy business, the Bureau Of Organized Piracy. It's just an idea in development at the moment, though, since I need to focus on finishing this story arc first and foremost.
>>
>>27257671
>the Bureau Of Organized Piracy
That got a laugh out of me.
I'd wonder what type of piracy Twi would promote.
Are they acting against a foreign power?
>>
>>27257671
>Welcome to BoOp. How tuft are ya?
>>
beb
>>
>>27258794
>>
bop
>>
>>27257671
Ya we got a lot of unfinished plots still, like our competition with velvet saddle and the other restaurant, the reason behind the unexpected ghost attack in the forest adventure, the elements of harmony, the mention of the growing monster attacks, the other changeling scavengers, Sundance's past and emotions, shenanigans with Azura, learning more mysteries about our father's involvement in the world, King Sombra, the talking gem, and so on.

What could possibly be done is to end this all happily and then start a sequel later where the main character decides to adventure around the world with his companions. We shouldn't jump the story too far ahead in time where Whispy is old or something. A month or week in the future could be good.
>>
>>27259665
>>
>>27259776
Don't forget whatever the heck Heart does with all the dildos
>>
>>27260679
>>
>>27261637
>>
>>27262257
>>
>>27262961
>>
>>27257671
This. I like this:
>>27259776
Provided of course that continuing this storyline isn't a living hell for ya. It's just so comfy!
>>
Okay, assuming things don't go sideways on me all of a sudden, I think we can start a session.
>>
>>27264005
Huzzah!
>>
>>27249334
>>27249768

"Are you sure he's okay? I mean I'm no expert in gryphon social norms but that all seemed really friggin' weird to me."
>"Hey, if you want to go poking your pony nose into this, I ain't gonna stop you," Airy replies as she gestures towards Tyrest.
"Oh no, I'm not cleaning this mess up by myself," you firmly state. "You are coming along and you are going to do this right! If you ever cared about him, you'll make see this through!"
>"You can't--!"
>Airy's protests are cut short as you start shoving her back towards the fountain. She tries to dig her feet in but the sort soil is no match for your earth pony strength.
>"Airy. You seem to have return," Tyrest remarks as he notices the two of you approaching. "Might I ask who this pony is that appears to be forcing you here against your wishes?"
>"This is...um, Crimson Cauldron. He seems to be think that our previous conversation was not a proper resolution to our past history," Airy explains.
>"I'm not sure what more there is to discuss. I have expressed my perspective of the situation and my reactions to it, she expressed her regret over her responsibility for the situation. I acknowledged her apology, she acknowledged my feelings. The situation appears to be fully resolved."
"Has anyone mentioned you are really taking this weirdly? She left you at the altar and you're acting like she forgot to bring home eggs."
>"That's absurd. Airy was never even responsible for bringing home food - we had an errand runner for that," Tyrest replies.

It might take some effort to get Tyrest to open up more. Input strategy?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.