[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Across the Ocean (CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 38
File: AtO headernewnew.png (490 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
AtO headernewnew.png
490 KB, 1050x1050
Three foals set off to explore the great oceans in a hoofmade raft. While visiting an unknown island, Dawn, Bodi and Astern accidentally activate some sort of portal which warps them far away from home, leaving them only with each other. Can the crew survive and make it home safely?

New to the story? https://www.anonpone.com/across/
Last thread: http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/26965039

Last time on Across the Ocean:
*Dawn and Bodi learn more about the colt island. They run into the leader of the tribe and find out his real identity, a colt named Basil Stem.
*Astern is still a deer, and now has little antlers. Dawn and Bodi talk to Basil about making a potion to reverse the change.
*Dawn Bodi and Astern are given a hut to sleep in during their stay. They also have their raft taken to the tribe's engineer Greytail to be upgraded.
*Using Bodi's help, Dawn contacts her mom for the first time since they were separated.
*Basil takes Dawn and Bodi to a crater outside the village that contains magical properties.
*Dawn and Bodi discover that Basil is actually a unicorn, and has a lot of practice making transformation potions. He identifies the potion you're carrying as a seapony or kelpie potion.
*Dawn and Bodi are sent back to the volco to get stuff for Astern' s potion. They also go back to check on the boat's progress.

The story continues below!
192 KB, 830x856
You and Bodi acquire the ingredients needed for Astern's potion successfully. Basil attempts to make a potion to 'cure' Astern's state as a fawn, though it takes a few iterations and upset tummies before Basil comes up with something workable. Astern still has freckles on his rump from the ordeal, though.

Days pass in relative comfort while on this strange island. Gathering supplies and playing with the colts here takes up more time than you realize! One sunny afternoon you return from splashing on the shore to see Bodi teaching Dinjer and Greytail about mushroom farming.
"...by using dried grass that's ground up. You see? Like, oyster mushrooms are probably the best at growing here. We're lucky we fo- Oh, hey Dawn."
What do you do?
>>
>>27200214
You were just having some fun splashing. How's the mushroom farming lesson going? Are they getting it? Let's go check on the boat progress.
>>
>>27200214
Shit prompt is shit.

Are the students doing well Bodi? How about a pop quiz?

Further questions are is the boat done and did Bodi always have those dread beads?
>>
File: 1429420470324.jpg (60 KB, 540x419) Image search: [Google]
1429420470324.jpg
60 KB, 540x419
>>27200214
>Astern still has freckles on his rump from the ordeal
>>
File: lessons y boat.png (184 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
lessons y boat.png
184 KB, 1050x1050
>>27200358
>>27200370

"Hi!" You giggle. "I was just having fun splashing. How's the mushroom farming lesson going? Are they getting it?"
Bodi nods. "Yeah, we actually found some oyster mushrooms on a small log in the forest. I was showing them how to use mushroom spawn to cultivate a new crop, man."

"Cool!" Bodi nods again and asks Dinjer something about oyster mycelium. You watch his mane move around, taking note of the beads attached to his bangs. He put the beads in a few days ago, after you both found little fossils on the beach. He had his painted and put in his mane. You think he looks good with the beads, and it's fun remembering where they came from.

"Oh hey," Greytail addresses you. "I gotye raft done, ma'rm. Well, yer coble is more like it, but it'll be done here afore the afternoon is ovah."
Well, this is good news! You wonder when you can see it. Bodi looks at you, stopping his mushroom talk for the moment to let you speak.
What do you do?
>>
>>27200712
Go check out our bitchin' new vessel.
>>
>>27200820
Or rather, just check on the progress. Maybe we can help speed things up.
>>
>>27200712
Give greytail a great big hug and a nuzzle. Thank him for all the work he did.
We can get something to eat since we're a little hungry. We can see the boat later and wait for bodi to finish his lesson. Then we can check out the amazing boat.
>>
File: daboat with Greytail in the way.png (239 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
daboat with Greytail in the way.png
239 KB, 1050x1050
>>27200820
>>27200833

"Can we see it?" You ask.
"Sure thing!" Greytail says cheerfully, standing up and stretching before questioning Bodi. "We can get back ta this afer we're done at the dock, right?"
"Mhm," Bodi replies. "We can pick it back up at any time, really."
"Wonderful."
Greytail leads you, Bodi and Dinjer to the dock where you left the Horizon to be upgraded by Greytail and his crew.
It looks... wow. It's a lot bigger than before. It looks like a real boat! You can't see it up close from your position, as there's still construction supplies lying around. Greytail also blocks your view of the bow. But you see a cabin, and a few other things that look like bracers. You can totally see your flag flying proudly on this thing.

"Well, ya likeit? I kept yer raft's base as the cabin, seein' how yer fond of it. It's got a hull for storin cargo, not ta mention a better mast. Now, I ain't got none of the bracin rope ran, and I don't 'ave the sail up. Other than that, see anythin' ya wanna point out? Is it good?"
What do you do?

Last one for the night. I'll start up again tomorrow, but it might be a little later depending on birthday stuff. Anywho, till then!
>>
>>27201195

Wow, it looks amazing! If we gave them a few more weeks they could probably have built us a battleship. Which makes me wonder...if their shipbuilding prowess is so great, do they have their own boats? Have they explored the surrounding waters? What have they found? I'd be surprised if they never thought to explore themselves.

Also, do we have to pay them for this, or...?
>>
Why was there a time skip? What fossils are you talking about? How long have we been doing nothing besides goofing off?
>>
>>27201195
Could he move to the side so we can see the other half?
>>
Morning bump
>>
ask if we can kick the boat to check it's sturdiness.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>27201195
Holy cow, that looks great!
>>
light bump to one.
>>
let's go to page 1.
>>
have a happy birthday mint.
>>
File: Greytailthankya.png (166 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Greytailthankya.png
166 KB, 1050x1050
>>27201383
The time skip was a transition between threads. That and I was drowsy when I wrote the last post of that thread so the prompt was crap.

>>27201285
>>27201523
>>27204388

(1/2)

"Oh wow! It looks amazing!" You get excited and tingly looking at your new boat. Your boat. a BOAT. A new boat!
You can't repeat it enough. This is going to be awesome!
"So... ya likeit then?" Greytail asks.
"Like it? Holy cow, that looks great!" You've kept yourself from checking in on the boat's progress these last five days to prevent yourself from micromanaging Greytail and his crew. You haven't wasted the entire time though: you and Bodi managed to find more supplies for the boat, and you found some fossils in a creek bed that Bodi now wears in his mane.
"Glad ya liket then!" Greytail boasts. "Me crew and I try ta do good work."

"Um... could you scoot over so we can see the rest of it?"
"Sure thing, ma'rm! Go ahead and take a look! Just watch out fer the sail and such on the ground." Greytail moves out of the way so you can get a better view.
>>
File: daboatfront.png (188 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
daboatfront.png
188 KB, 1050x1050
>>27207631
Thankya, man.

>>27203120
(2/2)
You hug Greytail. "Thanks again so much! Also, do we need to pay, or..."
Greytail laughs shyly. "Oh-ho, no ma'rm. Yer the benehem, it's sort of an honor ta help a miss out. Besides, the Medawlinno paid us in food, and that's all I need!"
You nod and move to inspect the raf- no, the boat. "Can I kick it? I wanna test out the sturdiness coefficient."
You're met with a raised eyebrow and a shrug. Good enough!
You kick it a few times - yup, it's sturdy. You also find it fun, so you give it one more kick for giggles.
From the looks of things, it seems like a very-well put together craft. You wonder how much nautical knowledge these colts have.
"Hey, do you guys have your own boats like these?"
"We sure do, ma'rm! We don't often make one that big, though. Ours are a lot smaller."
"Have you explored with them?"
Greytail chuckles. "Well, yes and nah. We never go too far, as there's a lot of dangerous things out there. In fact I wonder how ya got here in one piece! I guess yer the benehem, though."
You want to look inside the boat, but then again you want to leave Greytail alone so he can finish it. You do have a mushroom lecture to give.
What do you do?
>>
>>27208547
Give the mushroom lecture.
>>
>>27208547

Go lecture the mushrooms. Later we'll ask Basil about what kind of dangerous things they've found.
>>
File: shroomylecture.png (272 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
shroomylecture.png
272 KB, 1050x1050
>>27208601
>>27208629

You have a lecture to give! Well, one to assist Bodi in giving. You thank Greytail again and skedaddle back to the main part of the village.
Once you return, you and Bodi tell the villagers about the wonders of Oyster mushrooms.
"So, if you cover the mycelium with fine straw and keep it slightly moist, in a little time you'll see some shoots growing. These mushrooms are also tasty! You put them in soups and stuff."
After you both finish the lecture, you make your way back to Basil. You want to ask him about what you heard Greytail said. You find Basil reading a book when you enter his house.
"Oh, hello. What can I help you with?"
"Hey Basil, Greytail said something about the villagers sailing on boats and finding dangerous stuff. What does that mean?"
Basil sighs. "He probably means the crags and storms. Part of the magic from the volco makes violent storms around the island, so it can be dangerous to sail."

It sounds like a partial answer, but it sounds plausible enough. Do you ask Basil anything else? You have the rest of the day to do whatever if you wish to do something else.

Wew, sorry for the delay. Also, hate to cut this short, but Imma call it for the night. Till tomorrow!
>>
>>27209121
Ask him if he thinks those will be a problem while trying to sail away tonight. Also ask if he's done anymore to prepare Dinjer for his future role as Medlowhatsit. I think we should spend the day with Dinjer.
>>
>>27209121

What about other islands? Have they landed on any? What did they find?
>>
sleep b ump
>>
>>27209121
it's cool
>>
>>27209121
when was the last time a storm happened?
>>
we can leave the island soon.
>>
we're master secret keepers.
>>
Teaching is pretty fun.
>>
File: Dinjerstudies.png (161 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Dinjerstudies.png
161 KB, 1050x1050
>>27209274
>>27209352
>>27212082
>>27212770

"Do you think there will be any problems when sailing away tonight?"
Basil frowns briefly in thought. "Saving bad weather and getting lost, no. We need only make sure the boat is operational."
Your eyes light up at Basil's words. "Oh yeah, so like what other islands? Have they landed on any? What did they find? When was the last time a storm happened?"
Basil shakes his head slowly. "One question at a time, Dawn. There are a few satellite islands around here, one which we keep supplies on. Actually..." Basil facehoofs. "Duh! The potion for becoming a deer! Your Astern found the cache to the west! That explains so much..."
He goes silent, thinking about potions and ignoring your other questions.
"So..." you break the silence after a whole minute of nothing. "We're leaving tonight?"
Basil nods and leans in closer, placing a hoof on your shoulder. "Yes, tonight we fly. Remember... Nobody can know of this, save you three and Dinjer. Meet me behind the arena after dusk."

You can't believe you're already getting ready to leave. You're starting to like this island. But if you're leaving, you want to check up on Dinjer. Leaving Basil's room thing, you find Dinjer at a desk.
"Medaw has me learning how to write. It's boring... but I guess somepony needs to know."
Well, you're with Dinjer now. Do you have anything to say?
>>
>>27216082
Trust me, reading and writing is super important, I'll even help you!
>>
>>27216082
some things are fun to read.
>>
File: lessonsinwriting.png (176 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
lessonsinwriting.png
176 KB, 1050x1050
>>27216182
>>27216287

"Trust me, reading and writing is super important." You grin and nod, pulling a seat next to Dinjer. "I'll even help you! Some things are fun to read."
"Yeah, but I can't read all that fast..." Dinjer smiles shyly. "That's okay! Have you read the garden of secrets?"
"Garden of..." Dinjer frowns in confusion. "I don't think so."
"It's a good book! It's about this filly who goes to stay at this house, but there's a lot of rooms inside! She explores and finds a garden."
"Sounds neat," Dinjer says with a smile.
"It is! My mommy used to read it to..." The words grow bitter to your tongue as you speak. Your mom read you books most every night before you dissappeared.
You need to change the topic before you start sniffling. "D-drawing! I mean writing! Can you write?"
"Umm..." Dinjer winces. "Yes... I can write okay."
"I'm a good writer," you boast, taking a pencil in mouth and scrawing your own name, along with Dinjer's.
You spend the next twenty minutes going over the alphabet with him.
With those out of the way, what do you do with Dinjer next?
>>
>>27216631
Ask if he wants to take a break and go eat. I want to hang out with him in front of the other colts, give him some cred for being the next Medwano since the colts are very superstitious and maybe seeing the Benahem be with him would be good.
>>
>>27216082

Wait are we actually leaving for good? I thought the plan was just to explore the nearby islands. Am I out of the loop here?
>>
File: showboat.png (149 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
showboat.png
149 KB, 1050x1050
>>27216722

"Hey, you wanna take a break and get something to eat?" You feel bad for Dinjer, and you hope that you can build his street cred a bit before you leave him in charge.
"Um... sure?" Dinjer figits a bit.
"Like right now?" You ask with a giggle.
"Oh. Um, sure." Dinjer chuckles timidly and puts his pen down. "After you."
You lunch together at the cafe thing near the arena. They had pretty good smoothies last you remmeber. You and Dinjer get some goodies and take a seat in the busier sections of the cafe. Bodi takes a seat a little to your right, but far wnough away so you can do your thing.
You make a big deal about his job as an aide to the Medawlinno and how excited you are to eat with the future chief of the village.

You get a few heads turning. Colts are whispering things to each other. You don't know what they're saying, but you hope it's about Dinjer! And good things, too.
"Um, so miss Benahem sir," Dinjer asks timidly. "How did you get here?"
"Here where?" you ask, trying to clarafy his question.
"Here here."
"Oh, here here. Like the island..." You giggle a bit. Part of you wants to act like a pirate or sailor talebearer and fudge the truth a bit. Another, that you tell the truth, and a third that wonders if you hadn't already answered this.
What do you do?
>>
Last for the night. Also, since I didn't know how to address it in the post, I'll say so here:
>>27217084
I thought you guys were okay with leaving tonight. At least, that's what I somehow got. You have until next session to sort out whether you really want to leave for good tonight with Basil. If you decide nah, then I'll retcon a few words heh.
Anyway, till then!
>>
>>27217118
Let's make it sound strange and fanciful. How we come from a much different place and was brought here by something similar to the fuckin blue electric magic teleporty rock they have here and that Bodi and Astern are our helpers, one of which we saved from the poor fate of living on an island all alone.

Then we seal the deal for good and after saying we think he's an alright guy we give him a kiss on the forehead and tell him that he has the blessing of the Benahem upon him, may good luck and fair seas be with him the rest of his days.
>>
>>27217133

If other people want to do it that's fine, but I don't remember that being the decision unless I was misinterpreting what other people were saying.
>>
>>27217343
I do remember wanting to leave the island as soon as possible because we didn't want to get ascended so we should go while the going is good.
>>
>>27217118
dawn looks so happy. we came here on a boat!
>>
morning bumo
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>27220230
>>
>>27221144
>>
File: showboatboaty.png (157 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
showboatboaty.png
157 KB, 1050x1050
>>27217213
>>27217399
>>27217619

"We came here on a boat!" You giggle and wave your hooves for emphasis.
"A boat?"
"Yeah! But before that..." You clear your throat and lean in dramatically, speaking loudly so that the surrounding colts can hear your conversation.
"Before that, we were exploring a haunted island, warding off ghosts and goblins... when we found a mountain!" You raise your head, looking down at Dinjer dramatically.
"So we climbed, climbed! Bodi was separated, lost in the fog..."
"I wasn't lost..." Bodi says quietly, rolling his eyes. You flick him with your tail while continuing your tale.
"Anyway... So we were there, Astern and I, when the ground split open! We fell, falling to our certain DOOM."
A few colts gasp. "B-but you didn't die... did you?" Dinjer's eyes go wide.
"Nope!" You beam. "Just then, Bodi swooooooped in! We all struck in mid-air, when CRACK!" You crack your tail and shout. "Lightning! We were all zapped here! To visit your island."
"Woah..." Dinjer stares at you in amazement.
"You're a good colt, Dinjer. You have my blessing~"
You make a show of kissing his forehead, causing a bit of commotion among the colts. "May good luck and fair seas be with you the rest of your days, future Medalino."
You hear a lot of murmuring among your audience. You certainly caused a bit of a stir. How do you plan on following up?
>>
Also, since there's some doubt about leaving time, we'll say that the crew plans on leaving tomorrow night. You have one full day after this one, if that works for everyone.
>>
>>27223147
We can have a mini celebration. With dancing!
>>27223162
I'm fine with anything really.
>>
>>27223162
I say we leave tonight.

>>27223222
Celebration for what? Anywho, let's find Astern and see what trouble he's been getting into.
>>
>>27223375
the magic of friendship? I dunno. I just thought dancing would be fun though now I realize it's a terrible idea.
>>
File: ioka.png (309 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
ioka.png
309 KB, 1050x1050
>>27223222
>>27223375
>>27223387

(I guess the departure date is moved back to tonight since there's no resistance now. Tonight it is.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pptryEgBCQ

You should have a mini celebration. With dancing! You get the crowd to cheer for Dinjer, and everyone there hops to their hooves. Dancing needs music, after all!
A few colts bang drums, and everyone else dances madly. You're having a blast! Din-jer! Din-jer! This place works great as a dance floor! Woooo! Din-jer! Din-

"Um, M-miss Benehem?"
You jolt. Were you... you were daydreaming?
"Eheh, sorry. I, uh... need to go check on Astern, yeah." You excuse yourself and pace away, trying to cover your embarrassment.
You find Astern stacking a bunch of rocks together near your hut.
"I's making a fort! No fillies allowed!" Astern makes a snooty face, closing his eyes at you. You see him then crack one eye open, and he smiles at you mischievously, waiting for a reaction.
What do you do?
>>
>>27223735
what if we said please or helped in building it?

If he doesn't go for that then we won't want to go in there anyway.

that's fine as we're not really doing anything and my favorite things to do are exploring and interacting with stuff.
>>
File: ohye Forts.png (194 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
ohye Forts.png
194 KB, 1050x1050
>>27223809

"Can I please go in your fort too?" You put on a nice smile towards Astern.
"Nope! No fillies!" He's smirking now.
"What if I helped you build it?"
"I's..." Astern cracks for a second, almost giving in to the promise of free help. He stays firm in the end, though. "No! Yous can't come in here!"
You look at the 'fort' Astern's cobbling together and scoff playfully. "Oh, well I see. I wouldn't want to go into a weenie hut like that anyway." You turn your nose up and trot away.
"W... wait! It's not a weenie hut! You... you's can come in if you want!"
"Nope, you said no fillies, remember?" You giggle as you leave Astern to his fun. Colts like him are too easy to mess with sometimes.
The sun is starting to cast longer shadows on the ground, reminding you of your upcoming midnight voyage. Other than getting back with Bodi to remember which direction you're actually going to leave towards, you think of what needs to happen beforehoof.
Things such as...

Last one for the night, guys. Lemme know if that prompt was meh. Also my updates may be a little weird tomorrow, so I'm warning you now. Anyway, till then!
>>
good night bump
>>
>>27223735
>that colt to the far right
>tribe can't even handle me right now
>>
making sure we have a lot of food for the journey? Are we forgetting to do something?
>>
It's episode day. Oh no.
>>
>>27227609
>>
What a time to be alive
>>
Let's leave page nine.
>>
>>27231735
>>
>>27232621
>>
don't forget to have a bump to stay alive.
>>
>>27224146
tackle hugging astern
>>
here is a funny joke, dawn mention it.
>>
we need to paint the boat one of these days.
>>
good night bump
>>
File: 1461628258952.jpg (29 KB, 317x218) Image search: [Google]
1461628258952.jpg
29 KB, 317x218
>>27236371
Really good idea. I completely forgot how drab our vessel looked though the quest is primarily monochromatic.

I also want to take a moment to appreciate the bitchin' header image. QM's been doing a great job with those.
>>
we should have got rain coats.
>>
>>27239598
>>
>>27241021
>>
>>27241668
>>
page 1 here we come
>>
>>27242826
>>
>>27244660
>>
>>27244672
>>
>>27224146
Packing up all our things? Bringing a souvenir?
>>
page nine already? It's only been a half hour. Weird.
>>
Sorry for not updating sooner, guys. I'll try to get an update in tonight, but it won't be for a few hours still, and even then it'd only be one tonight.
Thanks for keeping the thread alive thus far. Means a lot. Anyway, as far as my last prompt goes, unless you had a specific souvenir in mind, would you be fine with the crew getting ready to leave/leaving?
>>
>>27246901
What's in our inventory? I know we'lI be back someday, but I want to give Dinner something to remember us by.

Aside from that I can't think of anything. And you're welcome. <3
>>
>>27247016
that's what the kiss was for so isn't that already taken care of?
>>
>>27247537
I guess.
>>
have a good night.
>>
bunp
>>
we need to wear a lot of jewelry. So we can be a "SHINING DAWN!"
>>
page 1 here we come.
>>
>>27252004
>>
get your free bump
>>
File: Goodbye Dinjer.png (69 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye Dinjer.png
69 KB, 1050x1050
>>27247016
>>27226663
>>27236371
>>27237534
>>27246158

You check your inventory:
*mushrooms, hay and oats for a week with four ponies
*two fire-starters
*telescope
*Book on herbs
*3 pairs goggles
*coil of twine
*compass
*lantern
*potion #9

You and Bodi manage to load the goods from your hut to the boat after sundown, to avoid suspicion. Astern remains inside the hull while you pass along the cargo.
Even though it's dark, you think your boat looks a little dull. Colourless even. You'll have to remedy that one day.

You make your way to the arena, leaving Bodi and Astern behind. Basil and Dinjer are waiting there, though it's slightly hard to see them.
"Is everything prepared?"
"Mhm," you reply.
"Excellent. Shall we be off?"
You lean over and hug Dinjer. "We'll try to be back to see you, little guy. You'll make a great leader." You wink, and Dinjer sniffles. "O-okay. G'bye, Miss Beneh... um, Dawn. Goodbye, Dawn."
"Bu-bye." You kiss his nose, causing him to squirm. "Alright, let's go, Basil."

The four of you manage to get situated inside the Horizon. You're about to leave Colt island, possibly for good. The only thing is... Where are you gonna go? Your group never decided on a direction.
There's the unknown island to the northwest. the depot due west, and unknown waters to the south and east.
What do you do?

Thanks for keepin this alive over the weekend, m80s.
>>
>>27254449
I did want to know what was at the northwest so let's go there. Maybe a pony is there and they can tell us what's south and east of here.
>>
>>27254449
Northwest. Might as well explore the island we know of.
>>
>>27254449
To the north!
>>
File: 1433585376612.jpg (52 KB, 725x269) Image search: [Google]
1433585376612.jpg
52 KB, 725x269
>>27254449
I miss them already.

Northwest. Ask Astern how he enjoyed his stay during the voyage.
>>
File: leavingci.png (84 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
leavingci.png
84 KB, 1050x1050
>>27254470
>>27254472
>>27254663
>>27254696

To the northwest! It's high time you explored that other island. Who knows what sorts of things you'll see!
Looking back at the receeding form of the island, you watch until the motions of Dinjer's waving get lost in the deep blue of the night. You spend a little time alone in the crow's nest, making sure that your departure is going somoothly, and to reflect on your time here.
You'll miss Dinjer, and you probably should have thinked Greytail again. Oh well.
Swinging down to the deck, you check in on Astern.
"Hey poof, how'd you like that island?"
"I's loved it!" Astern sighs and looks back. "Think we'll see here again? That island was nice."
"Maybe someday, Poof." You pat his withers. "Someday."
"As late as it is, we should probably get a rotation going, "Bodi says, stepping up from the hull. "Who gets first?"
>>
>>27254799
We're the captain so we can go first.
>>
>>27254799
How old is Basil? Right now I'm thinking we should rotate with Bodi like we did coming to the island.
>>
File: thehorizonfromtheHorizon.png (402 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
thehorizonfromtheHorizon.png
402 KB, 1050x1050
>>27254826

You take the first watch, though nothing eventful happens so you have to hum shanties to yourself to stay awake. After your rotation, Bodi takes a turn while you nod off...

Morning breaks, and what a morning it is! Beams of sunlight massage your fur and skin, welcoming you to a new day of adventure.
You hop up and scamper up to the crow's nest again - you could get used to this view! - and scour the horizon. Other than the blurry patch of island behind you, there's nothing but ocean ahead - well, as far as you can see anyway.
Below, you see Basil writing something in a book.

"What'cha doing?" You ask as you swing down, landing near Basil.
"Huh? Oh. I'm keeping a maritime log."
"Oh, cool." Maybe you should've kept one too...
"Hey Basil?"
"Yes?" Basil lowers his quill and looks at you.
"How old are you?"
"Um..." Basil fidgets. "Older than I look. How old are you?"
"Nine," you reply with a grin.
"Nine... so young..." Basil sighs. "Well... I suppose I should be truthful. I'm fourteen."
Fourteen? He looks like he's your age! Wait... if he's fourteen, how'd he stay on an island with so many younger colts?
Do you ask Basil anything else?

Last one for the night. Also I'm giving them human years cuz I can't remember how horses age irl.
Anyway, till tomorrow!
>>
>>27255451
Did he use potions to stay small?
>>
>>27255451
I realize that we should have gone third or second so that we could see the sunrise. Our name is Dawn after all.
HEY! You told us you'd tell us everything once we're off the island. Well now we're off the island. What are you?
>>
>>27255592

Pretty sure he's a pony, anon.
>>
>>27255670
He could be ANYTHING with chaos magic though. For all we know he could be a turtle! Or a grasshopper! The possibilities are endless! But yeah I know he's a pony.
>>
File: 1442901259296.gif (950 KB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
1442901259296.gif
950 KB, 297x168
>>27255451
>filename
>>
good night bump
>>
Morning bump
>>
boat adventures continues!
>>
>>27255698
Or is he
>>
Let's leave page 10.
>>
>>27255451
No wonder Basil is a spaghetti spilling edgelord, he's a teenager! Bet it's why he's so blushy with us alot too. Ask him if he used magic or potions to stay young beacuse he was so scared of getting booted off the island.

>>27255284
Great question asking, anon!
>>
going to page 1 is a lot of fun
>>
beb
>>
File: littletalkswithBasil.png (181 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
littletalkswithBasil.png
181 KB, 1050x1050
>>27255284
>>27255504
>>27255592
>>27255698
>>27260153

"HEY!" You startle Basil with your exclamation. "You told us you'd tell us everything once we're off the island. Well now we're off the island. What are you?" You shake your head in confusion. "Fourteen? Like do you use potions to stay small?"
"Calm d-down, please," Basil pleads, voice cracking. "I... yes. I've u-used potions to stay small. I-i was scared! I had no other home at the time, and, well..." Basil sighs and stares into his hooves. "Living on the island let me continue my studies. I've... I've altered my body. A lot. I'm not huge or anything! but... I-i'm ashamed to tell you." You think you see him crying softly, but he covers it well.

"Were you afraid of getting kicked off the island?" You ask softly.
Basil nods slowly. "I had every reason to be. I... how to say this... I would've been sent into the void long ago. I'm an easy target, with my size and... well you can't just paint yourself and cover it for long. Somebody will notice."
Basil sighs again, wiping his face. "That was after... it appeared then, and I had to act."

Basil's speaking cryptically again. You're never sure what he means when he's trying to confess something. He's blushing again too, but you think it's out of shame.
What do you do?
>>
>>27262947
What appeared? What'd you do?
>>
>>27262947
Hug him. You're safe now. Will you ever go back to the way you're supposed to be? It would suck if you never got to be big and strong, just like my daddy.
>>
File: Hughey.png (179 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Hughey.png
179 KB, 1050x1050
>>27262973
>>27263060

You hug Basil, catching him completely off-guard.
"You're safe now. It's okay, Basil." You hold the hug for a few seconds because Basil feels tense. "Will you ever go back to the way you're supposed to be?" You ask, releasing him from the hug.
It takes Basil a few moments to stop being a sputtering mess, but when he manages to get his voice back, he answers in a stutter.
"I-i, er, maybe? B-but I really don't want to bee the way I was..."
"It would suck if you never got to be big and strong, just like my daddy." Basil's sweating for some reason. It's not even hot out at all! You see him gulp before responding.
"Y-yeah... st... strong. I've, heh, never been that strong. I prefer to think myself more a scholar than an athlete."
Basil wipes his head and sighs.
"Oh, by the way, what appeared? What'd you do?"
"What?" It takes Basil a few moments to realize your question.
"Oh... that. Well... I managed to successfully complete the first of many altercations on myself one day while I was an apprentice, and I... the imprint of the nobamisk is now on me. I panicked at the time, as that meant I was going to be cast out. That's what happened."
Imprint of the... wait, is Basil saying he has a...
What do you do?
>>
>>27263253
he's a young version of the nobamisk?
>>
>>27263253
No clue what he's implying.
>>
>>27263253
Mint pls.

I have no idea what he means, but flustering him is fun. Ask about the imprint.
>>
>>27263350
>>27263456
>>27263532
Cutiemark
>>
File: Explaining Nobamiskimprints.png (220 KB, 1750x1050) Image search: [Google]
Explaining Nobamiskimprints.png
220 KB, 1750x1050
>>27263350
>>27263456
>>27263532
>>27263602

He has a... nope, no clue. You tilt your head, lost to Basil's roundabout speech.
"You're a young version of the Nobamisk?"
"What?" Basil pauses. Now both of you are looking at each other in confusion.
"I mean are you like a young version of the Nobamisk? That's what the imprint means, right?"
Basil sighs, shaking his head. "No, fairest Dawn. I know not what it's called outside my island, but you poni- I mean, other places have a different name for it, I learned."
Basil looks unsure for a second before hesitantly pointing at your flank. "The imprint... you have yet to receive yours."

"Imprint... Imprint..." You look at your rear, wiggling your booty in thought. Basil coughs and looks away. He's sweating again for some reason.
"Oh! You mean a Cutie mark!?" Your eyes go wide. "YOU HAVE A CUTIE MARK!?"
"N-not so loud..." Basil backs up a step. "I... Yes, that's what it is called. I received mine after completing my potion. I'm somewhat talented at it, apparently."
Basil has a cutie mark! You giggle in excitement, but a question hits you.
"Hey, so why do ponies get kicked out when they receive their cutie marks?"
Basil looks down. "Because... it signifies finding your purpose. The volco and Nobamisk are chaotic, and they control the island. A pony is no longer subject to chaos if they have a purpose, right?"

Deep.

But still, Basil has a cutie mark!
"Lemme see, lemme see!"
"Not now!" Basil says, looking around. "I'd show you, but I do not wish the others to see as well."
"Aww, are you embasrrassed?"
"I am not!" Basil huffs, scrunching his nose and blushing again.
"I just haven't shown anyone this since I received it... "
Now you really want to see Basil's cutie mark.
"When can you show me?"
"Well, when I know I can show you in safety."
"Show what in safety?"
A wild Bodi appears, causing Basil to freeze in a nervous sweat. Things might get awkward fast if you don't break the ice.
What do you do?
>>
That was also the last update for the night. Till tomorrow!
>>
>>27263602
I figured that. Just wanted him to show us his butt.
>>
File: 1407926249325.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1407926249325.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>27263810
>Show what in safety?
Uh... how relaxed and comfortable we are?
>>
>>27263810

Lol, Bodi is going to get MUCH worse ideas than the truth from that out of context phrase. I think we should just tell him Basil has a cutie mark and tell Basil there's no reason for him to feel weird about it. Potion cutie marks are probably really cool looking.
>>
Hey bodi. What's for breakfast?
>>
what would a wild bodi even be like?
>>
time for a bump
>>
keeping the thread afloat bump
>>
>>27267946
>>
>>27263810
Basil has a cutiemark! [whisper]But he's super shy about it.[/whisper]
>>
get your bump on.
>>
File: skirtlift.png (144 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
skirtlift.png
144 KB, 1050x1050
>>27263892
>>27263906
>>27264001
>>27269172

(Sorry for the late start)

"Show what in safety?"

"Um, how relaxed and comfortable we are?" You giggle, but you find you're the only one laughing. Fine, be that way. "Basil has a cutie mark!" You exclaim, but pulling Bodi close, you whisper "But he's suuuper shy about it. He's gonna show me his butt though!"
"he what?" Bodi looks at Basil, who pins his ears back.
"I-i-i promise, it's nothing inde-"
"Relax, Bodi. You can look too!" Bodi makes a weird face at the both of you. "Just... ugh."

"Go ahead," you say back to Basil. "There's no reason to feel weird about a cutie mark. And potion cutie marks are cool!"
"I-if you say so..." Basil gulps, and face burning, lifts his cloak with his magic just enough to expose his flank. Adorning his rear is a cool tattoo of a tree thing and a potion bottle.
"Ooh, neat!"
"L-like I said, I received it after completing and using a transformation potion..."

Basil actually has nice legs for a colt. You watch as Basil hastily drops his cloak again, looking away and coughing.
What do you do?
>>
>>27271014
wish you got your own cutie mark. we should have bought a pack of cards.
>>
>>27271014
>spaghetti spiller
>tiny horn
>butt freckles

My cute-o-meter has been broken. I must choose him as Dawn's future husbando.

Anywho, tell him that's super neat. We also noticed the blue stuff on his legs aswell.
>>
File: 1442024173964.jpg (18 KB, 310x309) Image search: [Google]
1442024173964.jpg
18 KB, 310x309
>>27271014
>Basil actually has nice legs for a colt
Speaking of, what is that blue stuff on his leg?
>>
>>27271014
>filename
mint pls don't do this to me
>>
>>27271014

this is lewd
>>
>>27271014
>The Alteration tree from TES

Neat
>>
File: bluesmaybe.png (145 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
bluesmaybe.png
145 KB, 1050x1050
>>27271109
>>27271113

"That's super neat!"
Basil chuckles awkwardly, sitting down and scrunching up on himself, angling away from you slightly. "Yeah... thanks. L-like I said, I hadn't shown anybody my - what was it called? Cutie mark? - but that, yet."

You smile and pat Basil's shoulder. "Like we said, no need to be ashamed of a cutie mark. I can't wait till I get mine! It's gonna be awesome! Hopefully it'll have swords, and maps, and dragons, and..."
"What was that blue line on your leg?" Bodi asks.
"Oh, that? I, er... it's a remnant of a seal I had to put on myself. It is comparible to a tattoo, as it's permanent. Well, mostly permanent, but you understand my meaning."

Astern hobbles groggily into the room the three of you are sitting in. "Whassfer brekkest?" he says with a yawn.

What do you do?
>>
>>27271438
See what we have the most in storage and eat that. Or eat whatever has the shortest shelf life.
>>
>>27271438
Well, to my recent knowledge we have hay and oats to eat for breakfast. I could've sworn we had cans of food/fruit we bought before we even met Astern, though. That would've made for a less plain meal.

Did we bring any clean water to drink?
>>
File: brekkest1.png (145 KB, 1050x834) Image search: [Google]
brekkest1.png
145 KB, 1050x834
>>27271483
>>27271518

You have one week's worth of hay, oats, and mushrooms to eat, not to mention the few oat bars and cans of beans fruit you packed from home.
You decide to break out some oyster mushrooms for breakfast, passing along a serving for everyone onboard.
You also have 480 gallons of water somehow. 4 per horse per day for 30 days.
With a small meal out of the way, you can focus on the voyage ahead. It'll still be a long time before you actually reach the new island, but there's plenty to do in the meantime! Well, a few things to do. Maybe. You're a clever filly at times. Maybe you should...

Last update for the evening, fellas. Might be later tomorrow in starting cuz I have a graduation thing to go to. We'll see.
Anyway, till then!
>>
File: 1430495413090.jpg (12 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1430495413090.jpg
12 KB, 228x260
>>27271840
>Astern
I honestly don't know what much to do. I'd suggest catching/releasing fish, but we probably don't have the gear for that.

Free association with clouds?
>>
>>27271840
Have fun. Thanks for running!
>>
File: 1436424300794.png (76 KB, 151x236) Image search: [Google]
1436424300794.png
76 KB, 151x236
>>27271438
>it's permanent
>Well, mostly permanent
i'm a little concerned
>>
I just noticed that you changed the way you do eyelashes. What's up with that?
>>
>>27271840
we can play "what am I?"
rules are simple. Pick an animal and then go into a rotation of bodi, astern, basil. they ask one question and try to figure out what you are. They each get to ask three questions and if they can't figure it out you win.
>>
bp
>>
this is a fun boat adventure
>>
leaving page nine.
>>
>>27275084
>>
>>27271840
Fuck it, I wanna screw with Basil some more.

Ask him about the seal he put on himself and ask what all exactly he did to himself. Also ask what he could do to our body. wink wink, nudge nudge Wait! Could he make a water breathing potion??
>>
can basil make a grown up potion?
>>
Guys, I really hate to do this again, but...

I've been drained all day, and I'm also just now getting back home. I don't think I have the mental capacity to make a good update for y'all.
That being said, I'll pick back up tomorrow night. I do believe we have a Basil to mess with.
You guys are great. Thanks for bearing with me.
Till then!
>>
>>27279304

np f.am
>>
>>27279304
It's alright! Rest your head mate.
>>
>>27280692
>>
>>27282034
>>
>>27283316
>>
>>27284189
>>
>>27286204
>>
Wow, sorry for getting back so late. Anyway, gonna get started here in about a half hour, heh. Woulda let you know sooner if I'd known how long I was gonna be away.
>>
File: bbNotagain.png (220 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
bbNotagain.png
220 KB, 1050x1050
>>27271966
>>27277207
You should play a game! To pass the time, you play "What am I" with your crew. Starting with Bodi, you take turns guessing what animal you're pretending to be. You learn that Bodi makes a really good duck impersonation. For his turn, he jumps into the water and swims around. He even cranes his neck like a duck! He looks like a cute little duckpony while swimming.
Astern of course confuses everyone when he craws on his knees, kicking one back leg out behind him.
"I give!" you exclaim, having extinguished your guesses.
"I'm a key!"
"A what?"
"A key!"
You don't remember keys being animals. You're not sure what goes on inside Astern's head sometimes.

You've had some questions for Basil, and luckily you're able to catch him alone.
"Hey Basil, so what's with the seal? What did you do to yourself?"
"I, um..." Basil looks slightly uncomfortable. "I infused magic from the volco with a potion to give myself a tattoo. It keeps me in my current state..."
"Woah... so you can do that stuff to your body?" You look over yourself, lifting your forelegs. "So can you do stuff like that to my body? Wait! Could you make a water breathing potion?"
"I-i uh..." Basil's eyes go wide and he looks away. "I-i, uh, mm-mayb... Dunno abo- well..." He's rubbing the back of his neck and stuttering. What it something you said?
What do you do?

>>27271946
I changed eyelash style due to a suggestion in the discussion thread. Apparently I made them too moustachelike, heh
>>
>>27287508
What a weirdo. Or maybe it's our entirely white right hoof. Ask him what potions has he made.
>>
>>27287508
How come you're acting funny Basil? I never see you act weird around the other poni-... Wait... Is it because I'm a filly?
>>
>>27287508
Who's turn is it? Nudge Basil and tell him he should go.
>>
File: whatamI.png (157 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
whatamI.png
157 KB, 1050x1050
>>27287554
>>27287614
>>27287694

"Um..." You try to think of another question. "Like what potions have you made before?"
"Uh, I... oh," Basil says with a chuckle. "I've made several... Unicorn was a tough one. I also made an Earth pony... that was fairly easy, thankfully, hehe... Oh, and deer - in fact, I made a potion similar to the one Astern drank. Freckles always were the hardest to remove..."
"So could you make me a potion? Could you turn me to stuff?" You smile at him, and Basil smiles awkwardly.
"I, uh... yes. Whatever y-you wanted, really... within reason..."
"Hey," you ask, tilting your head. "How come you're acting funny Basil? I never see you act weird around the other poni-... Wait... Is it because I'm a filly?"
Basil stutters, sweating again. "I, uh... may- wait, n-no, it's not like that! I mean..." Basil sighs and hangs his head. "I apologize, fair Dawn. Forgive my i-inappropriate behavior. I'll do better."
"Um, okay?" You're still not sure what he's getting at, but he looks sad. You might have the ticket to cheering him up though.
"It's your turn?"
"Huh?"

You get Basil to take a turn at your game. "Okay, guess who I am!" Basil clears his throat and waddles a few steps. Then, he looks at you with wide eyes and dramatically falls over on his back. He makes a "euuuugh" noise and holds a mushroom in his forelegs.
"Pretend it's a flower," he whispers.
"What am I?" he whispers again after a few seconds.

Also, last one for the night. Sorry for the short session. Till tomorrow!
>>
>>27288110

ded poner
>>
>>27288110
Don't even guess. Just give him the eulogy he deserves.
>>
>>27288110
Rest in piece, Basil.
>>
Burial at sea is NOT something we should do.
>>
bumping at 10.
>>
>>27293044

Well now you've put the idea in my head.

We should send him over.
>>
I bet he's pretending to be a log. Logs grow mushrooms and make strange noises right?
>>
Let's leave page 10.
>>
File: dedbasil.png (145 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
dedbasil.png
145 KB, 1050x1050
>>27288144
>>27288337
>>27291518
>>27295071
>>27296124

"A log?" Astern guesses. "Nah, he's not a log," Bodi replies.
"I know! He's... he's dead." You salute Basil's prone form, clearing your throat.
"He was a good colt," you begin. "Helping us with our stay at colt island. He was a good friend, and would have been a good teacher."
"He died so young," Bodi chimes in, keeping a straight face. "Nopony should pass at that age. He will be missed."
"We don't have any ground to give him a proper burial," you comment.
"I'm not dead..." Basil whispers.
"Tragic," Bodi says, ignoring him. "We can at least give him a proper burial at sea."
"I'm not dead." Basil repeats.
"Here lies Basil Stem," you carry on, "so young, so promising..."
"I'm not dead!"
"May the currents carry you home, rest your soul."
You and Bodi pick Basil up and move him to the edge of the boat.
He plays along until he realizes you're being serious about sending him over.
"Gaaha what gives!?" A flailing Basil crashes back onto the deck of the Horizon.
"You... you were serious... what gives! I said repeatedly that I'm not dead!"

You can't help but snicker at Basil's dramatics. Bodi was right there to grab him should he have gone off, so he was never in too much danger. Basil huffs at the two of you, his cheeks flushing.
What do you do?
>>
>>27299196
Some water wouldn't have hurt you Basil. Or would it? Ask if he knows how to swim. We can teach him later when we reach the next shore.
Can he tell us more about the volco now?
>>
>>27299196
We're just messin' with you man.
>>
File: poutbb.png (69 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
poutbb.png
69 KB, 1050x1050
>>27299245
>>27299530

"It's just water, Basil. It's not gonna hurt you!"
Basil pouts, curling up and turning his back to you.
"You... you CAN swim, right? If you can't than I can teach you next time we land."
Basil huffs. "I can swim... just not well."
He seems mad. You sit off to his side a bit. "I'm sorry, Basil. We were just messin' with you man."
"Yeah," Basil says curtly.
You sigh and lean your head against your hooves. "So... can you tell me more about the volco?"
"Really." Basil still sounds miffed. You hoped that changing the conversation would cheer him up a bit.
"Yeah. I'm still confused about it."
"Well, I already told you the basics. What exactly do you want to know?" Basil blinks. "It was formed by a crater. I've used its magic to help my potions and to help transform myself. It's strong magic, and too much exposure to it messes with your sanity. I'm not sure what else you want to know."

Well, he has a point. Was there anything in particular you wanted to know about the volco?
>>
>>27299645
I thought it was alive or something. It was just basil talking.
Where'd he get that robe?
He doesn't need it's power anymore does he? Was it important to the potions he's made?
How long do they last?
Is he ticklish? Poke him.
>>
>>27299645
I'm sorry Basil. We weren't really going to throw you overboard.
>>
File: ticklespot.png (125 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
ticklespot.png
125 KB, 1050x1050
>>27299700
>>27299769
"Well, you don't need its power anymore, do you?"
"That's... actually a good question." Basil frowns in thought. "I've tried to make my potions and spell tattoos self-sustaining, but as far as my alteration goes, I'm actually unsure. I do not think I need rely on the volco anymore, but... well we'll see. You might not like me as well should I revert."

"Where'd you get that robe?" You grab the hem of his tunic for good measure.
"Oh, that? I acquired it from my old teacher. It... it holds a lot of sentiment." Basil flashes a wistful smile for a fleeting moment.

"How long do your potions last?"
"Good question, fair Dawn." Basil looks upwards in recollection. "It varies. The potions I made for myself and Astern... should be permanent. Should be. Others have a shorter lifespan. Permanent potions take a lot more energy, so I don't have as much experience making those."

"I'm sorry, Basil." You lean over and hug the colt, making him jump slightly. "We weren't really going to throw you overboard."
Basil takes a breath. "I forgive you. That wasn't a very humorous jest, however."
You hold the hug for a while, which Basil doesn't mind in the slightest. A few seconds later, you slowly don a mischievous grin and start poking his sides.
"Hey, you're not ticklish, are you?"
You soon find he is, and a sweet spot near his ribs has Basil gasping and giggling.
"Okayokayokayokay! I-i gihheheheve!"
"You're not giving up that easily!"
You press the attack further, using both hooves. Basil writhes around, face beet red from strain of laughter.
"Stoohoohoop!" Basil suddenly scrunches tightly into a ball, panting after the assualt you gave him.
"E-enough, p-please..."

Well, you found a ticklish spot after all. seems Basil's had enough though. What do you do?

Last for the night, guys. Till tomorrow!
>>
>>27300295
I dunno, I'm bored and your turn in the game was boring and hard.
Let's go find astern. He's more fun, and probably need to be kept of out trouble.
>>
>>27300295

We should've made a fishing pole so we could go fishing. I don't suppose we could rig something up from what we have here, can we?
>>
>>27299196
>"I'm not dead..." Basil whispers.
>"Tragic," Bodi says
FUCKING ROASTED
>>
Look through our telescope and see how far the landmass is.
>>
active board today.
>>
We're going to be so cool by the end of this.
>>
>>27300295
Careful Basil, I know your weakness now.
>>
File: Drawingagain.png (153 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Drawingagain.png
153 KB, 1050x1050
>>27300672
>>27301228
>>27303806
>>27308519

"I'm bored and your turn in the game was boring and hard.
Let's go find astern." You add with a giggle, "He's more fun, and probably need to be kept of out trouble."
You would go fishing, but you forgot to pack a hook. Not that you can eat fish, anyway. Unless you were a kelpie or something...
"Wow. Thanks for the confidence boost. I am enraptured." Basil says, cutting your thought.
"Careful, Basil," you say with a wink. "I know your weakness now."
"I..." Basil goes quiet, scrunching his nose and muttering to himself.

You search around the deck for a bit, but don't find Astern. On an unrelated note, you feel a breeze hit you, but it feels chilly. Cold even. How far North are you?
You enter the cabin and dig out the telescope. Climbing the crow's nest, you look ahead.
The Island's closer. It looks cold. There's white mist around parts of the shore area.

You climb down and go to return the telescope when you hear scuffling inside the cabin. Opening the door, you see...
Really. Really Astern.
What do you do?
>>
>>27308933
We're getting you a sketch journal or something once we reach some kind of civilization so you can draw any idea you have in there.
Please don't color on my cabin wall Astern.
>>
>>27308933
Astern! Really?! C'mon. No drawing on the boat without captain's say so.
>>
Now that I'm thinking about it, it's our wall so we don't really have to care all that much about it like we would our house. We can just paint over it in the future.
We can even join him in coloring it right now.
>>
>>27308933
See what he's drawing. Could hold more meaning than mere scribbling.

Other than that, he's responsible for cleaning it off.

>>27308976
Yeah, we really need to get him some sort of parchment.
>>
>>27308976
>>27309012
>>27309016
>>27309048

"Astern! Really?!" You huff in annoyance. "We're getting you a sketch journal or something once we reach some kind of civilization so you can draw any idea you have in there.
Please don't color on my cabin wall Astern."
Why must he always draw on everyone's walls?
Well, now that you think about it, it's your wall so you don't really have to care all that much about it like we would your house. Heck, you can just paint over it in the future.
You could even join him in coloring it right now if you wanted.

"C'mon. No drawing on the boat without captain's say so," you repeeat.
"Um, do i'ff haff your permissin'?" Astern asks through the marker in his mouth.

You wonder if you wouldn't mind doodling some stuff along with Astern. Then again, you might be encouraging bad habits.
You look at what the colt's been doodling. Some pictures you recognize, while others... you're not sure about Astern sometimes.
"No, poof. You gotta get this cleaned up."
"aww..." Astern drops the pen and goes to get a rag at the other end of the cabin, leaving you and Basil near his doodles. Bodi's outside on the deck staring off into the horizon.

What do you do?
>>
>>27309233
I think I see bodi standing over someone he just pushed to the ground. That might be astern at the bottom in the middle.
We can hang out with bodi and tell him the place we're visiting looks like it's going to be cold. we're probably not going to stay there long.
>>
>>27309233
Ask Astern what this is before he cleans up. Then go ask Bodi what he's thinking about.
>>
File: bodiconcerned.png (146 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
bodiconcerned.png
146 KB, 1050x1050
>>27309334
>>27309434

You leave Astern and Basil to seek out Bodi.
"It's getting colder," Bodi says, still looking northward.
"Yeah, I was wondering about that. How cold do you think it'll be?"
"Not sure," Bodi says with a shake of his head. "Though I have a weird feeling about this place, the closer we get to it. I'm not sure why, either."
Bodi sighs and looks at you. "Remember, we're in unknown waters. There could be any sort of danger out there."
"Yeah, and the same thing for colt island, but look! We have a cool new guy on our team!"
"Yeah," Bodi says, raising his eyebrows briefly. "Still, I'm suggesting we stay a bit more alert this time."
True. You'd hate to get caught again like you did at colt island. You were pretty scared back there.
It looks like you might reach the island - or group of islands, as it seems from here - by tomorrow. What do you do, captain?

(Last one for the night. My starting times have been getting later and later, so I'll try to run a longer session tomorrow if I'm able. Anyway, till then!)
>>
>>27309689
would you call this "weird" feeling negative?
we could scout the island and sail around it?
>>
>>27309689

We should make some clothes.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.