[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 15)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11
File: dirtywork.png (146 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
dirtywork.png
146 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a quiet, courteous and organized mare named Sharp “Twitch" Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and is now slowly patching her life back together with the help of her friendly neighborhood mob operation.

Last time, Tally had fun at her new job and met a trio of new friends. Meanwhile, Sharp was off having a blast questioning a couple of uncooperative police officers.

Last Thread: >>27027238

Castlist: http://pastebin.com/eSW5Hevs

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/

Finally finished Lewd: http://pastebin.com/NPMcQDWT apologies if you find it sub-par for the delivery time
>>
>>27109269
"You got it Tally, have a good day!"
>You way with a wink, and she blushes a little as she trots out, leaving you alone.
>You pass the time with some zen cleaning.
>Your quarantine shelf receives a much needed cleanup, much of it ending up in the trash.
>There's a small period of panic when you discover Tally's purchase of a third shampoo bottle, with the first still even having a few pumps left!
>It's quickly solved by dribbling the excess into one of the others, but you're not sure how much of that sort of stress you can take in one day.
>Besides that travesty, all remains well in your cleaning duties, sink cleanup, general tidiness, and all the like.
>It's looking about ten when you head over to the Laugh, slipping in through the front and giving the bartenders your best.
>Kis is waiting, and quickly brings you up to the meeting room to discuss payment.
>You notice quite the conspicuous burlap sack, and a small feeling tells you there's bits inside.
>From the table, you notice Nel's front hoof is in bandages and Farthing has a couple band-aids slapped over his cuts.
>After taking a seat, Kis places a hoof down and grins,
>"And we're all here for my favorite part of jobs. Successful completion and payment."
>With some small clapping from around the table she continues,
>"Now, Twitch already established your basic pay, but we did leave a thousand up in the air. I think she should have the final say in how it goes around, but firstly let's hear if she has any ideas. For your achievement she might let you all argue your cases first, some sort of contest, or might already have plans on how payout goes. Twitch?"
>She says with a hoof, moving the floor to you.

>input action
>>
>>27162901
I have plans, yes. Feel free to argue your case, though, if you have anything you want said.
>>
>>27162901
>>27162987
I agree.
Let's hear their case first.
>>
>>27162898
>lewd
Honestly, I'm not even a little turned on but I have laughed like three fucking times and I'm only halfway through. Good fucking job, Aight.
>>
>>27162987
Agreed
>>
>>27162987
>>27163017
>>27163077
"I do have plans, yes. But please, feel free to argue your case if you feel anything needs saying."
>Melior is the first you turn to, who says nothing.
>Skye is next.
>"Well, I feel like without me this mission wouldn't have even happened! He was following me in the first place, if I had turned this down you'd all be in a right pickle now. Or Kis and Twitch at least. And I kept my acting realistic, Nel can attest to that. I got him to the house, he didn't suspect a thing at the time, and I feel that was pretty integral to the mission."
>Skye shrugs after that and Nel picks up,
>"Hey, you weren't the one tussling on the floor with the guy. He was really strong, took us both to get him down, and that knife certainly wasn't something fun to deal with."
>She holds up ther hoof,
>And explaining the puncture wound to my doctor wasn't exactly the easiest thing in the world either. Have to keep off it at least a week now."
>She huffs before Farthing continues,
>"I... Well, I gave you some pretty good ideas Twitch. And also helped Nel with taking Trip down, if he'd bested her there'd have been no line of defense between him, you and Skye. And I got some war wounds from the tussle, I'm feeling a little beat up too..."
>He finishes with almost a whine, displaying his cuts.

>input action
>>
>>27163137
Well, I do think the injured ponies should get a bit extra. Other than that, the split we discussed earlier sounds good to me.
>>
>>27163137
I really appreciate how Skye sold it. That whole show at the doorbell, you getting knocked out, that was excellent acting work.

Nel and Farthing should get a nice bonus for their injuries as well, but I really think that Skye was the MVP here.
>>
>>27163137
The injured deserves that extra cash
But playing the bait indeed was vital to this whole operation.

(Bonus for the injured should be the biggest though)
>>
>>27163202
I disagree. I think they should get enough to cover their treatment, but I think Skye did do more overall.

>>27163137
Apologize to Melior, but honestly if his services had really been needed then I'm not sure I would call the mission successful. We were glad to have you just in case, though.
>>
>>27163231
I agree with this whole post
>>
>>27163231
Definitely. The four hundred goes to skye and the one hundred goes to melior. Give the three hundred to the one who got injured and the two hundred to the other one.

Melior won't be happy, but he's getting a bonus from the seniority money, so he'll get over it.
>>
>>27163160
>>27163176
>>27163202
>>27163231
>>27163252
>>27163273
"I really appreciate how Skye sold it, the show at the doorbell, getting knocked out, excellent acting work. You really were our star player here, and for that you get the spoils. And the two of you can get injury pay. Nel more, but her injuries were harsher."
>You shrug to Melior,
"And sorry, you're getting the short stick Mel. Wouldn't really be a successful mission if we had needed you, but you were a pleasure to have."
>Pay is distributed, 400 to Skye, 300 to Nel, 200 to Farthing and 100 to Melior.
>Kis slaps her hooves together,
>"Great! that means the total for everyone is 1800 for Skye, 1500 for Nel, 1400 for Melior, and 1300 for Farthing."
>From expressions around the table, Skye is elated with her payment, Nel and Farthing a little slighted and Melior complacent.
>But none move to complain either, perhaps wanting to take what they got over nothing at all.
>Kis now distributes funds and everyone takes a sack of bits on the way out.
>Nel gives a pained smile, Skye blows you a kiss, and both Farthing and Melior have nothing to say at all.
>When they're all gone, Kis grins,
>"A job well done!"
>She says with an extended hoof,
>"Save the little scare we had there, but all's well now. Even took your parting hint from yesterday."
>She says with a playful flick of her mane,
>"So, 6000 isn't bad for your first job, glad to see you got it done right. And were you looking to post any of that back to your debt?"

>input action
>>
>>27163361
I feel like I have to ask this every time, but how much do we have on hand and how much do we owe in rent?
>>
>>27163381
I think it was 18000 in debt last time we checked.

Don't recall what rent was.

>>27163361
I say let's put 4000 on the debt.
>>
>>27163404
We have more 60,000 in the debt still.
>>
>>27163412
Was it that high? Jeeze...
>>
>>27163361
Do you have any contacts in the police? I'm not sure we're entirely out of hot water here.

And we might need to cut contact with Skye entirely....
>>
>>27163361
Put five thousand on the debt. Give me the remaining thousand.
>>
>>27163361
Two-three days of work on this job, I say we take 300 home and put 5700 in the debt.
>>
>>27163437
If we had contacts in the police than the interrogation wouldn't have been so extreme. Also that's a bit extreme.
>>
>>27163462
The first extreme should've been important.
>>
>>27163462
We asked too many questions about her. It's the first thing they will tell to their superiors.

And I'm not saying we should kill Skye, if that's what you think. I'm saying they should just have her move to an affiliated place in another town or something.

She can't be seen near the Laugh anymore.
>>
>>27163495
Kis said something about her taking a vacation.

It's a good idea. Skye should spend some months away.
>>
>>27163495
The way you said it made it sound like you wanted to get rid of her permanently, not have her lay low for a while.
>>
>>27163451
Changing my vote to this from >>27163444.
>>
>>27163526
>>27163505
I do think she should end her employment with our organization permanently.

Too much risk now that the police have her on record.
>>
>>27163577
People don't tend to retire from criminal organizations. She'd be a loose and and would most likely be dealt with as one. Also we have no say on her fate.
>>
>>27163624
I'm with this guy.
>>
>>27163381
My notes tell me 3,000/72,345 Which is incredibly prohibitive and I'm considering lowering. Maybe to something like 30,000. Again, don't like inconsistently, but we're moving along at a much, much slower klick than I imagined.

>>27163451
>>27163542
"I think I'll take 300 and leave 5700 for the debt."
>You say definitively, and Kis nods,
>"Great! Let me get that."
>She says as she continues to rummage, as do you with conversation.

>>27163437
>>27163462
>>27163472
>>27163495
"Bit of a swing in topic, but do you have any contacts within the police? I think Skye may have to lay low for a while."
>Kis smirks,
>"Well, I'm not exactly liable to just hoof out that information willy nilly Twitch, you know that as well as I do. Can't confirm or deny our position within the force."
>She swiftly moves on, considering Skye
"And I already was thinking about how to deal with Skye. She was on vacation when I called her in, we're just sending her back for a few more months. But I'm also unsure of how we'll do future business with her, considering the events that transpired during this mission. But yes, we're certainly not hiring her for a good while, and I'm sure she has other commitments that can keep her occupied if what that Trip told us was true. Did you have an opinion on the status of her employment?"

>input action
>>
>>27163645
She probably needs a good talking to about drawing attention to herself.
>>
>>27163645
I think that it's troublesome.

Trip was captured while pursuing Skye, and then interrogated about Skye. She'll be a pretty big target for a while.
Vacation is good.
>>
>>27163645
Nah, that's up to you Kis.
>>27163661
I agree
>>
>>27163645
I suggest transferring her if possible. I assume we have a presence in multiple cities.

>spoiler
You could always say that they were lying to us to motivate us, and now that we're part of the organization they feel comfortable telling us that it's way lower than we were led to believe.
>>
>>27163645
Debts can be forgiven, if the debtors feel so inclined.
>>
>>27163682
That works. We get a more manageable debt without inconsistencies.
>>
>>27163665
Ignore this anon. He wants her in a bodybag for some reason.
>>
>>27163733
What? No.
>>
>>27163733
No one has wanted Skye killed in any discussion.

Why are you strawmanning?
>>
>>27163682
>>27163698
We'll see. I like both, perhaps I'll take them directly or use a variant in the future.

>>27163661
>>27163671
>>27163682
"No, up to you Kis. I think she does need a talking to about drawing attention to herself though."
>Kis snorts,
>"Oh, I agree completely. She's always looking for some sort of validation, positive or negative."
>After a yawn, she passes over your bits and stretches out,
>"Anyway, I've got some new jobs in the pipeline for you, no more of that fashion stuff for at least a little while. I can tell you about them now, or you can head home and get a rest. You can enjoy a day or two off."
>She smiles,
>"And I think Provvie's looking to get you in on a job if you're interested."

>input action
>>
>>27163807
I think we could see what Provvie has for us.

Oh and Kis, Drachma came over to my house the other day and told me you had recommended me to him, and I just wanted to check with you, make sure that was really him.

I figured it was probably him, but I wanted to stay on the safe side.
>>
>>27163807
We could ask about what they might involve. Besides that, rest for a day or two.
Also, ask about Drachma.
>>
>>27163807
>>27163836
>>27163856
>>
>>27163741
>>27163799
I was just exaggerating, but I believe it can get pretty bad when somebody is forcibly removed from a criminal organization
>>
>>27163836
>>27163856
>>27163902
"I think we can see what Provvie has for us."
>You nod,
"Oh, and Kis, Drachma came over to my house the other day. Told me you had recommended me to him and just wanted to check with you. Making sure he's actually who he says he is. Figured it was, but I do want to stay safe."
>Kis nods,
>"Oh, Drach? I did tell him about you, didn't expect anything so soon though... Was planning to tell you eventually, but seeing as he's gone out and introduced himself I'll confirm."
"Great!"
>You say as you head out, Kis following close behind.
>"And you're off to see Provvie? Just remember, I've got stuff for you too!"
>Before heading into her own office and shutting the door behind her.
>Providence is currently sitting with a stack of papers on her desk, suckling the top of a pen.

>input action
>>
>>27164003
Knock, say hello once we're let in, and explain that Kis said that you had a job for us.
>>
>>27164003
>>27164012
>>
>>27164003
>>27164012
>>27164031
>>
>>27164012
>>27164031
>>27164046
>You knock to announce your entrance.
>Providence sees you, gently shuffles her papers and trots over to the door, welcoming you in.
>"Hi Twitch! Take a seat!"
>She smiles, waving you in,
"Good to see you! Kis told me about the possibility of a job with you?"
>You ask once seated, and she nods,
>"Yep, got something that could require some of your intel gathering skills, if you choose to accept it of course."
"Well, I'd like to hear the job first before I accept..."
>You chuckle, and Providence nods,
>"I'd do the same. Now for the job itself, you'll be working under somepony in addition to a few others under their command. Payment will be discussed on a to be determined day, but I assure you it'll be a decent sum. The job itself? Waitressing and bar-tending while spying on conversations at a fancy bar. There's a bit more to it than that as well, and the fact you'll be working with multiple ponies, but do you think you'd be up for something in that vein of work?"

>input action
>>
>>27164295
I think that sounds like something I could do.
But it sounds too easy, what's the catch?
>>
>>27164295
Sounds right up my alley.
What's the hard part?
>>
>>27164295
Seems in line with our experience so far.
>>
Bump. Bump.
Two for evenness.
>>
>>27164374
>>27164329
>>27164323
>You smile,
"Sounds right up my alley! What's the hard part?"
>Providence laughs,
>"The job is this Friday, and you'll have to go through a security screening tomorrow (Wednesday). I'll give you a sheet of information to memorize on your character and you'll have to answer some questions. Not too hard, eh? After that, you get to rest until the party. There, you'll each have a set of things to collect from your marks. It's a big party for Canterlot politicians, Princess Twilight and Cadence will both be there. There's a variety of things that need doing, but you could be assigned anything from having small talk with one of them, listening in, pickpocketing somepony, or one of the more specific jobs. Still feeling up to the task?"

>input action
>>
>>27165295
'PR-PRINCESS TWILIGHT?'
Try and hide your obvious excitement at Princess bookbutt being there and graciously accept the job
>>
>>27165295
If at all possible I'd like to request that I not be assigned pickpocketing, but aside from that, yes. I am definitely in favor of this job. Now if you excuse me, I have to go step out into the hall for a minute to squee like a schoolfilly at the prospect of seeing Princess Twilight up close.
>>
beb
>>
o-oh princess-kun, your mane and tail are so neat...
>>
>>27165429
>>27165407
"P-Princess Twilight?"
>You say in excitement.
>You'll get to be near the best princess twice in your lifetime!
>What an amazing honor, and even too!
>Providence gives a questioning look,
>"Yep! She'll be there most of the night. I believe we want one of you to chat with her too, and one with Cadence as well."
>Your eyes widen at the possibility of not just seeing Twilight, but sitting down to chat with her.
"E-Excuse me, I need a moment."
>You stammer as you trot out into the hall and shut the door behind you.
"Stay calm, professional..."
>You assure yourself,
>Yet it's no use, as if by their own volition your legs begin hopping.
>Bouncing off the floor, you begin giggling like a madmare and squeeing like a little filly.
>Entirely realistic scenarios play out in your mind, Princess Twilight talking to you about her studies, her mane and tail, Princess Twilight taking you back to Canterlot and showing you her massive, perfectly organized library.
>Even thinking about all that organization is enough to get your motor going.
>When you finish, you notice Providence laughing behind a hoof at your antics and return to the room with beet red cheeks.
>After both of you get your mirth under control, you sigh.
"W-Would it be possible to maybe... Not assign me any pickpocketing jobs? I-I'm not the most nimble pony."
>And Providence nods,
>"Of course, not saying anything for sure but we can take it into account. And, would you want me to put a word in for you about meeting Twilight?"
>She says with a small grin and a raised eyebrow.

>input action
>>
>>27166941
Oh, would you? Please?
>>
>>27166941
I'd really really really really like that.
>>
>>27167064
>>27166945
"I-I'd really really really really like that."
>You say in amazement and excitement, the words leaving your tongue at a mile a minute.
>Providence nods,
>"Alright then, that's settled! Details will be discussed tomorrow. You'll know your pay grade, assignments, who you're working under and your character. After that, it's off to the security check. When all that's said and done, you get to rest for the rest of the day. Thursday is boring setup, and Friday night the job itself. Glad to have you on board!"
>She smiles with an extended hoof,
>"And you can head out now, you're done for the day."

>input action
>>
>>27167131
Thanks Providence.

We should go tell Kis that we accepted Provvie's job.
>>
>>27167146
Agreed. Try to be professional and not come into her office with a ridiculous shit-eating grin of excitement on our face. Fail, of course.
>>
>>27167201
>>27167146
"Thanks Providence."
>You say shyly, still a little ruffled at her viewing of your excitement.
>"No problem. Have a great day!"
>She smiles, and you do the same as you part, returning to Kis's office.
>Professional.
>You have to be professional.
>Saying that, your mind instantly drifts to a long, visualized chat with the princess of perfection about the dewey decimal system.
>With a giddy smile on your face, you trip over the threshold into Kis's office and tumble to the floor.
>Kis breaks into laughter and trots around her desk to help you up, smiling all the while.
>"You're certainly in a good mood!"
>She chuckles, pulling you to your hooves.
>As she helps you up, you realize that for her size she's really strong.

>input action
>>
>>27167344
Just really looking forward to the job that Provvie gave me.
>>
>>27167344
Thanks Kis. Just wanted to let you know that I accepted Provvie's job.
>>
>>27167344
Hopefully the work you have for me wouldn't interfere, right?
>>
>>27167362
>>27167743
>>27167760
"Just came in to wish you a great day and tell you I accepted Provvie's job."
>She smiles,
>"Really moving up in the world, aren't you! Well, the both of us will always be happy to help you out when you're in need."
>You nod, slightly embarrassed by the complement,
"H-Hopefully the work you had planned won't interfere, right?"
>She nods,
>"I took Provvie's job into account as if you accepted her offer. Sorry for being a little presumptuous, but it seemed the sort of gig you'd go for. Your next event will be this weekend or sometime next week. Have fun!"
>You nod and trot off, humming happily to yourself.
>On the way out, you pass a stallion and mare pair working their way past the counter and bartenders.
>Both give you a small nod of acknowledgement, and you give a happy smile in return.

>Outside The Laugh, it's an overcast day, threatening rain.
>You really should grab a weather schedule some time.
>You check back inside the bar to get the time, 2:00 in the afternoon.
>Tally'll be back somewhere around 5, but until then you have the whole day to yourself.
>Feeling particularly motivated to do anything, or just something simple like a nap at home?
>You've now got another 300 bits to enjoy, putting your home total (outside debt) somewhere around 800.

>input action
>>
>>27167890
Can we go and buy Tally something nice with the money we've got? Just for no reason but being the best roommate a mare could have.
>>
>>27167941
But what sort of thing would Tally want or need?
>>
>>27167890
I'd like to chat with Nel for a bit. Seems there were some things left unsaid during the payment.
>>
>>27167965
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, do you guys remember what Tally liked or disliked? I personally forget
>>27167976
Are you really sure we should be bringing that up now? I mean, it's passed, there's no point going back to it, is there?
>>
>>27168011
If we leave it alone it might cause problems between us in the future.
>>
>>27168075
>>27167976
Too late now, you should have brought it up earlier.

>>27167941
>>27167965
I think we should. How about a better radio or something like that? Maybe a Television if those exist?
>>
>>27168124
Why is it to late? Also we were busy earlier and it didn't seem that she wanted to make a scene when they were getting payed.
>>
>>27168153
She's gone, and we don't know where she went.
>>
>>27168161
Do we know that she left the Laugh? Can't we ask somebody where we might be able to find her if she has?
>>
>>27168176
I don't want to go on a goose chase to deal with something that isn't an issue.

I vote firmly against chasing Nel down.
>>
>>27168189
Would it be chasing her down if we find out she's still here or if we get a definite location?
>>
>>27168189
I'm gonna agree, it's really not that big a deal. We can sort it out the next time we see her.
>>
>>27167941
Nel isn't around at the moment. You may see her on occaision though.

>>27167941
>>27168124
>You decide to head out and find something to get for Tally, a present for being such a good roommate.
>You trot over to a nearby mall, peering around at all the cool gadgets, gizmos and other various items being sold.
>Of corse it's all a little intimidating, so many ponies being loud and bustling in an enclosed area.
>Whenever you get the chance, you sit down for a moment to cover your ears and rest, dulling the bustle for a short while.
>But if you wanted a present, this is a great place to start.
>What exactly would she like?
>She's always one for sweets, likes the fine arts and of course radio theatre.
>Well, normal theatre too, seeing as you're going out with her the day after tomorrow to see Willow on stage.
>And she's always been afraid of the dark, at least that's what you think.
>Always calling you back to bed when you get up to take a bathroom break at night, never wanting to be the one who flicks off the lights before getting into bed.
>Just little stuff you notice over time.
>In terms if music it's mostly classical she listens to, which you happen to be partial to as well.
>From a cursory glance at the mall store catalog, you could head to an art gallery, fashion stores of various sorts, a tinkerer (selling all sorts of new electrical distractions), baker, confectioner, movie theatre, other varied food shops, jewelers, Celestia, the possibilities are endless.
>Think she'd like anything in particular or do you just want to wander until you find something neat?

>input action
>>
>>27168400
Let's start at the gizmo guy, but wander after that.
>>
>>27168400
tinkerer
>>
>>27168400
Let's look at the doodads. I'm still not clear on when the hell are we and this will help.
>>
>>27168411
>>27168483
>>27168508
>You head over to the tinkerer, hoping to see what they has to sell.
>The store is a giant amalgamation of shelves and wires, gears and oil all over the floor.
>Some of the more interesting things you spy are a few shiny looking radios, telephones, a new "automated toilet (exactly what's automated about it is a mystery to you)," a large telescope looking thing pointed towards the ground, a few actual telescopes, a refrigerator, and a machine full of records with a lot of buttons.
>In the back, at the counter are a mare and a stallion, the mare with a pair of goggles above her ears and working the register, the stallion fiddling with a host of wires hooked up to a small grey glass pane.

>input action
>>
>>27168788
Ask the stallion about the glass thingy
>>
>>27168788
Ask what the latest in radios is, too.
>>
Getting lunch, sorry about the excruciating update time.
>>
>>27168788
Ask about the record thingy.
>>
>>27169451
This sounds good
>>
>>27169451
>>27168816
>>27168990
"So, what's that glass thingy?"
>You ask cheerfully, trying to strike up conversation.
>The stallion smiles,
>"Well, I'm trying to get it to display pictures! Moving ones, like in the theartes."
>You laugh a little at the absurdity of his device, but respect the invention itself.
"And what about radios? What's the latest in development?"
>The mare takes this question,
>"I'm the one more interested in that sort of stuff. There's been work on expanding range, and some bright stallion recently discovered how to modulate the frequency of radio waves! It's resulted in a much more stable and interference free listening, but hasn't quite caught on fully yet. Give it a few years and I think it'll take over."
>She smiles, stepping around the counter.
>"Anything else you're looking for today?"
>You shrug and point to the record thing,
"What's this? Is it for music?"
>She nods,
>"Right you are, it's called a jukebox! Plays all those records on demand, automatically! It's really quite amazing, watch!"
>She says as she trots over, taps a few buttons and steps back as a soothing guitar strums to life.
>The two of you listen for a few moments before she flicks it off and trots back around the counter.
>"I bet it'll revolutionize clubs and resturants, always being able to have live music at a moment's notice. But do you see anything you like? Lookin' for a new radio, something brand spanking new, replacement lightbulbs, what is it?"

>input action
>>
>>27169743
Looking for a gift.
>>
>>27169743
A new radio would be nice. I'm looking for a gift for my roommate.
>>
>>27169743
This is awful. You just gave me the perfect setup but I can't think of a horse pun for the name Edwin Howard Armstrong.

>>27169776
This.
>>
>>27169777
instead of roommate, how about "the mare I live with"?
>>
>>27169776
>>27169777
>>27169815
"Looking for a gift for my roommate. Perhaps a new shiny radio!"
>The mare nods and retrieves one off the shelves for you, tapping it gently,
>"Well, if you're looking for something cheap, new and reliable, I'd say go for this little baby..."
>It's a good deal smaller than your current radio, this new one is wood and steepled, with a lighter colored wood and design on the inside.
>"I've been using this little'un for the past year, glad I got it. Small enough to carry around, long as you can find somewhere to plug it in. And don't worry, it gets all the stations, you won't lose a thing. All for just 79 bits. What'dya think?"
>You like it.
>It is symmetrical.
>It has four knobs.
>But you're not sure if you want to drop an odd amount of bits on such a device, seems like a bad omen.

>input action
>>
>>27170055
It's pretty nice. I think I'll keep it in mind, think it over, and come back in a bit.
>>
>>27170055
Maybe we could buy a second item to even it out.
>>
>>27170055
Let's go nicer. Tell me about the next level up.
>>
Something has just come up. I will be back sometime tonight, hopefully before lich shh hours. We'll finish shopping and see Tally after that.
>>
>>27170055
Ask if we can pay a bit more.
>>
>>27170078
this
>>
>>27171778
>>
Fell asleep in non-lich hours writing an update.

>>27170117
>>27170294
>>27170369
"And would paying more for it be a possibility?"
>You ask seriously, the mare giving you a very strange look from across the counter.
"I-I, nevermind... Show me the next level you've got."
>The mare returns with another, similarly steepled radio.
>However, this one appears to have recieved a cosmetic upgrades, metal highlights, improved knobs, a better channel reader.
>It's about the same size, but the mare pats this model proudly.
>"Bit higher end now, 129 bits for a lifetime of entertainment! This guy's a litte more durable than his little brother, and in addition to the metal highlights you see, has a variety of improved internal components. Better antenna, resists magical interference, water... Resistant! It's just a step up for those looking that extra mile out of their radio experience. So, eh?"

>input action

Should be back in the morning.
>>
>>27174690
Lets look at other things beyond radios.
>>
>>27174690
We can just buy something small alongside. Like a novelty coaster!
>>
>>27174690
What about a nightlight for Tally's fear of the dark? Maybe even one of those fancy ones that go on automatically in the dark.

Actually, I don't know if light sensors exist in this universe. Photoresistors were invented in 1873 and understood more fully by 1920. Modern ones were possible by 1952. A clever pony could make one out of a diode at pretty much any point just by scrapping the paint off and having it operate in reverse bias.
>>
>>27176526
Shut up doxel.
>>
>>27176526
There must be some magical equivalent, at least.
>>
beb
>>
>>27177441
>>
>>27174844
>>27175470
>>27176526
>>27176754
>You're considering the radio, but that odd price tag is still a dealbreaker here.
>Maybe if you can get something else to even out the price.
"I have a... A friend who's afraid of the dark, what about that. Is there any sort of gizmo you've got that coupd help her out?"
>The mare laughs a little and smiles,
>"Of course! Darkness gives me the jitters too, but a while back I discovered a nightlight! Just a little light that flicks on if it sees movement, a combination of magic and technolegy in the best kind."
>She holds the device proudly, a small bulb inside a clay sculpture of a hot air balloon.
>She waves a hoof around the undercarrige of the device and a dull glow flickers to life.
>"Just plug it in somewhere or place it on a nightstand, fear the dark no more! 19 bits, which is quite the deal in my opinion."

>input action
>>
>>27178361
148... that's a pretty good number!
>>
>>27178361
I say we get the two of them.
>>
>>27178361
It's settled then
>>
>>27178431
>>27178438
>>27178608
"I'll take them both!"
>You say with a smile as you place the bits on the table.
>The mare takes your money and hoofs over your purchases, the brand new radio and a nightlight for Tally.
>Satisfied with your gifts, you head home as quick as you can, racing the clock to reach it before work gets out.
>You reach home at about 4:00, and begin setting up your new radio.
>It doesn't take long, moving the old radio to the bedroom and putting the new one in its place, then following up with the nightlight on Tally's bedstand.
>Bits now stashed away and presents ready for discovery, you think about your options.
>Do you want to hide and make it a surprise?
>Or maybe you could just lead her inside, get her reaction in real time as you stand by her side...

>input action
>>
>>27178781
The latter.
>>
>>27178815
Sure.
>>
>>27178815
>>27178834
>There's no need to surprise her, she's skittish to begin with.
>You even more so...
>So, you take up a spot on the couch and flick to the news.
>It's a noticeable improvement, there was always a tinge of static before, but now sounds much clearer.
>The news is currently talking about the recent fashion show at Canterlot, best dresses and a bit of the drama that transpired.
>Seems some yet un-named executive from Verte's been arrested on account of corporate espionage and was forcibly removed from the event.
>Funny.
>You listen tothe news a little while longer before the door clicks open, a smiling Tally standing in the entryway.
>"Sharpie!"
>She grins before tackling you and rolling onto her stomach.
>"How was work?"
>She asks brightly before stopping and flicking her ears in the direction of the radio.
>"That's different..."
>She muses,

>input action
>>
>>27179000
I got a couple things for you.
>>
>>27179000
You like it? I got you something else too.
>>
>>27179000
>>
>>27179220
>>27179381
>>27179420
"Yep! Shiny new radio!"
>You smile, and point it out to her.
>Her eyes widen and she moves to inspect the shiny metal.
>"It's..."
>She trails off as she brushes it with a hoof, inspecting the brand new knobs.
>"It's wonderful Sharp! W-Why?"
"A present! You are the best roommate ever..."
>You say coyly, and Tally leaps up in joy.
>"Really Sharp? You shouldn't have, I-I don't know what to say!"
"Then don't say anything, because there's more!"
>You say as you drag her along into the bedroom.
>There you proudly display her new light.
"It's a nightlight! I know you're afraid of the dark, so I got this for you so you don't get scared at night! It'll turn on whenever you get out of bed."
>For a second Tally seems astonished, but her face soon melts,
>"A-Aww... S-Sharp really? Y-You've known?"
"Wasn't ovbious, but I could feel something like that. Always holding me a little tighter when the lights go out. Your reluctance to go to the bathroom. Just little things."
>Tally holds a hoof to her chest and sighs,
>"Really are the little things in life that matter. T-Thank you Sharp."
>She collapses to the bed and looks up to the ceiling,
>"By Celestia Sharp, you treat me too well... Oh, Willow's play is tomorrow! Excited?"

>input action
>>
>>27179737
I sure am!

How was work? Anything fun happen?
>>
>>27179737
Yup! What time are we there again?
>>
>>27179766
>>27179974
"I sure am! What time is it at?"
>"8:00, so we've got a full day ahead of us before it."
"Cool! How was work? Anything fun happen?"
>She shrugs,
>"Got to know my friends a little more, working on a presentation now of my own. I got a look at some of the plans for the building, asked my boss if it was okay if I revised them with minor improvements and he gave me the go-ahead! Apparently there's a lot of ponies doing that right now, they'll take the best of everypony's ideas and make into one! And, while the layout and building itself for the most part set in stone already, who knows what cost-saving or time-efficiant ideas I could think up."
>After a second of looking pleased with herself, she sighs.
>"Sharp?"
>You nod, eager to give your friend some advice, share your opinion, or whatever!
>"Can you tell me a story? I'm worn out from work and want to save the radio's inaugural listening for our shows tonight. I-It can be anything you like, I just want to listen to the sound of your voice as I nap. It's soothing, y'know?"

>input action
>>
>>27180554
Tell her the story of the princess who fell under the terrible curse that would slowly destroy her, but then met a kind witch that told her she could show her how to remove the curse if she did tasks for her, and it went so well that even before the curse was lifted the princess was able to surprise her subjects with a new radio and a nightlight.
>>
>>27180554
Once upon a time the was a mare with no memories, and she woke up in a strange desert that stretched on forever...
>>
>>27180620
She was not the source of the heat.
>>
>>27180818
Yeah, that was some weirdo alien god.
>>
>>27180610
I think that's a bit to autobiographical...
>>
>>27182681
That was kinda the point. A silly story about us working our way out of debt that is obviously about us.

She doesn't have to know that the jobs are criminal.
>>
>>27180610
>>27182839
"Well, once upon a time there was a beautiful princess. She had a crown with two big jewels in the front, and a pair of gold scepters she carried, just because. But one day, as she was traveling through the castle woods, she came across three frogs in a circle. It disturbed her greatly, and being the nice mare she was, tried to find a fourth frog to accompany them. Alas, the fourth frog was a trickster in disguise, and cursed her! All she could think of... Was odd numbers..."
>At this Tally laughs a little and raises an eyebrow.
>"I think I know this pony. Go on."
"And so the nation's princess was in great distress. That is, until a kind witch who had heard of her problem came to visit! This witch offered to help your princess at the cost of the completion small quests all across the kingdom, ones she was too busy to deal with herself. The princess gladly completed the tasks before her, and they went so well, her royal highness was able to surprise her subjects with a brand new radio and nightlight, courtesy of the witch. The End!"
>Tally smiles and claps her hooves,
>"Well, work sounds like it's certainly going well!"
>You give a happy nod and flop down to join her in staring at the ceiling.
"Quite! Again, there's been some disruptive ruffians around but nothing we couldn't handle."
>Tally yawns and giggles at the word ruffians.
>"Good to hear... Oh! Do you know what else I hear? Princess Cadence might be having a baby! Found out at lunch today, what a laugh that was. Could just be a rumor, but you never know!"

>input action

Last post of the night, but I'll be doing weekly updates as well. Life is keeping me from being as consistent as I'd like, but hopefully everything will calm down eventually.
>>
>>27184522
Hope it's twins.
>>
>>27184522
Oh right. There are other princesses.
>>
>>27184522
Who told you that? How does someone in a canterlot construction company hear about a pregnancy in the crystal empire?
>>
Beb
>>
>>27184653
The same way people in the US hear about a royal baby in the UK.
>>
>>27184653
>>
>>27185885
It's called making conversation, anon. We can rephrase it to "Oh? Where'd she hear that?" if you prefer.
>>
>>27186404
Sure. The tone of your post sounded accusatory towards the QM.
>>
>>27186404
If your conversation starter is dumb then it's dumb.
I wouldn't ask someone how they possibly heard about something happening to a celebrity when it's the sort of thing that would be spread around.
It's weirdly confrontational.
>>
>>27186439
I'm not exactly sure how. I didn't even mention the QM.
>>
>>27186455
I never intended to make it confrontational and I'm sorry that it sounded like that to you. I already said we could change it, so it doesn't even really matter any more.
>>
>>27186461
>How does someone in a canterlot construction company hear about a pregnancy in the crystal empire
Sounds like you're accusing the QM of giving a character knowledge they shouldn't have.
>>
>>27186833
Not my intention. Sorry for phrasing it poorly.
>>
>>27185760
>>
>>27188958
>>
>>27184589
>>27184640
>>27186404
"Oh really? Where'd you hear that from?"
>"At work, from Roxxy. One of my friends, hope to bring her over for dinner one time."
>You bite your lip, raise an eyebrow and evoke a sigh from Tally.
>"Oh fine, we can talk about this later, silly goose."
>Pleased, you coo happily and pull her into a cuddle.
"I hope it's twins."
>You say quietly, and Tally laughs a little.
"Y'know, I forgot all about the Crystal Empire. And Cadence. Just slipped my mind."
>Tally takes on a rather indignant look
>"Sharpie! That's rather rude, even if unintentional. She's one of the most powerful political figures of our time!"
>She then makes a small "humph," and scoots out of the cuddle.

>input action
>>
>>27190282
Is she her favorite?
>>
>>27190282
I'm sorry Tally. She's a very pretty pink princess, but it's hard to tell who she is as a pony, not like the rest of them.
>>
File: 1390202679088.png (146 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
1390202679088.png
146 KB, 744x1052
>>27190282
Ooooh, so you have a favorite too huh?
>>
>>27190316
>>27190328
>>27190331
"Oh, so you have a favorite too?"
>You smirk, scooting back into her hooves and nuzzling her cheek.
>Stammering, Tally takes on a stoic look,
>"M-Maybe. A little, I-I suppose. I respect her as a politician, and as a princess. She's done a lot with her short time so far at the empire."
>For a second, she looks serious.
>You give her another raised eyebrow, and her look breaks into a giggle.
>"And the Princess of Love's a pretty important job too... Shame she had to marry that g-"
>Tally stops abruptly there and covers her mouth with a hoof.
>"D-Dinner?"
>She asks anxiously, blushing slightly.

>input action
>>
>>27190621
Oh Tally, never change.

Dinner sounds good
>>
>>27190621
A lot of this quest involves eating food.

Sure, dinner sounds great.
>>
>>27190621
Let's prod her for more info as we're getting dinner
Ask her what she was about to say
>>
Beb
>>
>>27190635
>>27193329
>>27194452
>A little confused at her abrupt stop in conversation (but also hungry), you agree, Tally offering to make Dinner.
>As she slaves away over the stove you take a seat, tapping the table in pairs of alternating beats.
>Tip tap.
>Tap tip.
"So what were you saying before?"
>You ask after a short while.
>"Hm?"
>Tally asks, seeming to have not heard you.
"When we were cuddling! You were saying something and then stopped."
>Tally continues focusing on the stove, this time stammering out a
>"W-When?"
"Just now!"
>You pout, feathers slightly ruffled.
"About Cadence and being married?"
>Tally stop, grumbles, then turns to you and sighs.
>"I was just saying it's a shame she married that guard, Shining Shield or whatever. I-I think she could do much better. With m-ah s-somepony else! She's a very pretty pony."

>Dinner passes with only minimal teasing of Princessly crushes on both sides.
>Tally and Cadence, with you and Twilight (and her library).
>But under no circumstances would you let Twilight "cross-refrence your private index," especially after Tally explained what it meant.
>On the way back to the bedroom your petty comments devolve into a playful wrestling match on the couch.
>Tally holds the upper hoof, pinning you to the couch and making remarks about Twilight's private collection.
>But you have a secret weapon, fighting dirty.
>Still pinned, you grab a pillow and smack her across the face, sending her tumbling into the couch cushions and allowing your escape to the bedroom.
>After you thump her a couple more times, of course.
>Already giggling in bed, a dazed Tally soon stumbles in to join you.
>"Dummy."
>She pouts while you titter, pulling you into a hug.
>There, she falls silent, head nuzzled into the crook of your neck, soft breath tickling the fur on your chest.
>You soon fall silent too, closing your eyes and letting sleep overtake you.

Now to write up Sharp's character sheet for this next mission.
>>
>>27195167
At this point I'm fully convinced Sharpie and Tally are going out, but Sharpie just doesn't know it yet
>>
File: friendly friends.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
friendly friends.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>27195200
Anon pls, they're just friends.
>>
File: tumblr_o2rnn5eB1W1v1r7nco1_1280.png (834 KB, 1280x832) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2rnn5eB1W1v1r7nco1_1280.png
834 KB, 1280x832
>>27195222
Trips confirm they're just friends
I wonder how many times Tally has touched Sharpie inappropriately in her slee
>>
>>27195167
>character sheet
Aight, no. I don't want to go back to /tg/.
>>
>>27195417
Pretty sure that was a joke, anon. He already said he doesn't even use rolls that often anymore.

R-right JD?
>>
>>27195417
>>27195497
>not reading the cyoa
>>
>>27195167
We didn't listen to the new radio.
>>
>>27195616
Don't be a dick, anon. It's not like it's hard to forget Alight uses systems, considering how we never see them.

Hell, for all we can tell on our end he may only be claiming to use systems in case we get pissed about something bad happening.
>>
>>27196037
Nigga, I know reading is hard for you, but don't worry, I'm gonna spell it out for you.
Sharp is being given a character sheet to read so she can pass a security check to get her next job.
See: >>27165295
>>
>>27196088
My sincere apologies for misunderstanding you, and my sincere thanks for explaining what I missed this time instead of just insulting me again.
>>
>>27195417
>>27196037
I don't get the hate for hidden systems. I understand why people don't like having the system shoved down our throats, but having a hidden system shouldn't mean anything to the player who doesn't see it.
>>
>>27196528
Everyone has different opinions, anon, and everyone is okay with different amounts of system.

My objection is basically that I would rather know that all the plot was determined by a writer rather than dice. I trust Aight and his ability to write plot, and I'm never going to be angry for him putting obstacles in our path without a die roll telling him to.

Again, just my opinion. Some people would not be comfortable letting a QM decide when challenges/failures occur all on their own. That's a perfectly fine opinion to hold to.
>>
>>27196793
There's a difference between preference and discouraging something.
You don't hear anyone complaining about QMs not using dice, but some still prefer it.
>>
>>27196849
>There's a difference between preference and discouraging something.
Agreed. It really is just a preference, and I find it irritating when anyone from either side says "it absolutely has to be like this" or "you absolutely can't do such and such with/without a system".

I was really just trying to explain my personal preference with >>27196793, and why I personally preferred no systems, even hidden ones. It's really up to the QM, though, and I respect that.
>>
beb
>>
>>27197922
>>
>>27197922
>>
>>27197922
>>
>>27197922
>>
>>27199026
>>
>>27202305
>>
>>27203233
>>
>>27203866
>>
>>27205919
>>
File: 1459896669394.png (163 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459896669394.png
163 KB, 800x800
I want to cum 3 times inside sharpie and make her cum only once bump
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 416x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 416x360
>>27207901
ur a monstur
>>
File: 1457219441347.png (29 KB, 706x972) Image search: [Google]
1457219441347.png
29 KB, 706x972
>>27207901
d-degenerate!
>>
>>27202305
>>
>>27207901
Silly fanart, Harvest is the murderer, not Sharpie.
>>
P10save.
>>
>>27208679
>>
>>27211246
>>
I just thought on an in-character reason for Sharpie to not like the idea of being with a stallion. Being fucked by one pony isn't enough.
>>
>>27212709
Mire like both of her sexual encounters have been thoroughly unremarkable.
>>
>>27214117
She's had sex twice. Neither seems to have left all that great an impression on her.
>>
>>27215097
This. To Sharpie, sex is stressful, messy, and all-in-all not very fun.

Cuddles, on the other hand, are nice.
>>
>>27215097
I only remember one time.
>>
>>27215138
The other was before the CYOA started
>>
>>27215125
CUDDLESEXUAL FOR THE WIN
>>
>>27195167
>When you awaken the next morning Tally is already gone, having left both the milk and cereal on the counter.
"Slob..."
>You chuckle to yourself as you clean up for her, then make your own bowl and head out.
>You realize you'd forgotten all about listening to the new radio with Tally last night.
>But Clandel's on tonight, a good inaugural opening for your new radio, the adventures of your favorite mystery mare.

>So, with a skip in your stride, you head out to The Laugh, eager to see what's in store for the day.
>As you pass through into the back, you're surprised to see about ten ponies standing or sitting around in the back, the largest amount you've ever seen.
>Providence is chatting with everyone, but soon approaches you with a clipboard and a sheet of paper.
>"Oh! Hiya Twitch! We're just getting started, going to do salary negotiations down here today. Well, less 'negotiation,' and more a take it or leave it price and mission information. Your information is on there, get it memorized while we all chat and settle in!"
>You take a look at the sheet,
http://pastebin.com/hQijUH1C
>Before settling down and getting a look around.
>You count 7 mares and 3 stallions, then have a small internal fit over Providence's choice of employees.
>The table normally in the back has been expanded to twelve seats, Providence currently talking privately to a stallion you hadn't seen before, the two making their way to sit together.

>input action
>>
>>27216031
I guess we just sit down, start committing the sheet to memory, and see if someone else comes to talk to us
>>
>>27216169
This.
>>
>>27217171
>>
>>27217735
>>
>>27216169
>>27216364
>You take a seat and start reading iver your character.
>It's pretty easy to remember, they're giving you a lot of license with who you are (outside general, common questions).
>You might want to take another few looks at it before you give it back to Providence.
>While you're waiting, one of the mares milling about approaches.
>Her coat is a dull brown with dark blue hair that bounces around her face in locks.
>She's got a friendly face, and a small blackboard as her cutiemark.
>"Hello! You were looking a little lonely, so I thought I'd pop over to talk to you! I hope you don't mind."
>You nod as she continues, introducing herself,
>"And I'm Squeaky Chalk. I-I prefer Mrs. Chalk though."
"Twitch."
>You say shortly as you extend a hoof.
>"So, you are new around here, right?"
>She asks with a hint of doubt, which you quickly disperse.
"Yep! Not too long, but a little while."
>You say with an effort to keep vague.
>"Ah, I see. So, what do you do for a living? Outside this of course."
>She then takes on a rather nervous look,
>"I-I forgot that's a bit of a touchy subject around here. W-Whoops!"
>She then looks around for a moment and whispers,
>"I'm pretty new too..."

>input action
>>
>>27219325
Don't worry, it's fine.
I was actually out of work before I started here.
One newby to another, you might want to come up with a fake name for when you're working, just in case.
>>
>>27219325
So who else are you? I'm Quick Writ, a former sous chef with a talent for legalese.
>>
Odd numbers are the devil.
>>
>>27219388
>>27219490
"Ah, don't worry about it. I was out of work before I started here. Word of advice though, it wouldn't be the worst idea to take up an alias while working. Just in case."
>Squeaky screws up her face before realization dawns on her, her mouth forming a small 'o.'
"Anyway, who else are you? I'm Quick Writ, former sous chef with a talent for legalese."
>Squeaky quickly looks over her paper,
>"Guess I'm Snow Crash. Former Pastry chef. Guess we both got a better gig here, eh?"
"Seems like it..."

>Providence hammers a hoof on the table, trying for attention.
>Stern, she shouts,
>"A'right now, sit down sit down!"
>A command shortly followed by the whole room.
>Once everyone is silent, she starts up.
>"Now, I'm handling management of this event, but seeing as I won't be there please defer to Rose."
>She says, pointing to the stallion.
>"For now, you've all got me. Firstly, pay is a fixed rate, no negotiation today. 750 bits for everyone, that's all."
>Squeaky whistles in surprise, and there's a small amount of talking from around the table.
>"That's a lot..."
>Squeaky whispers to you,
>"This happen often around here, or is this a special occasion?"

>input action
>>
>>27221216
Considering the job, I think it's a pretty good number.
>>
>>27221216
Depends what kind of job you're doing. Hell, I made six grand yesterday.
>>
>>27222868
>>
>>27221318
>>27221990
"Considering the job, I'd say that's fair. Depends on the job though, sometimes more, sometimes less."
>She laughs in disbeleif,
>"My... I'm shocked. H-How exciting!"
>Things quiet down quickly and Providence starts up again.
>"Now, as you all know you've got a security check before you're verified for tomorrow's gig. Make sure that you've got that sheet of yours memorized, as it's important. Now if you flunk it, I doubt there'll be any repercussions, but you certainly won't be getting paid."
>After scratching her neck, she continues,
>"If you succeed through the check, you'll get your individual jobs to complete during the event tomorrow. For security."
>She finishes, clapping her papers together.
>"Now, we'll all be taking a carriage over to Canterlot, and they'll be asking you all questions individually in a lounge. Should be nice and cushy, so no reason to get nervous."
>After clapping her hooves together, she smiles again.
>"And I'm sorry for being so vague at this time. We just want to make sure of who we're informing. 30 minutes until showtime. Good luck everyone."
>She taps the table in anticipation before breaking, and everyone falls into conversation.
>Squeaky gives you a small nudge,
>"T-Two questions. Firstly, how reliable are these guys? I-It just seems too good to be true. And how does Plussie sound for a code name? Yours, i-if it is a pseudonym, is only one word, thought I should do that too."

>input action
>>
>>27224292
It sounds good. Whatever you like.

And how reliable are they? They seem pretty reliable to me, I haven't had any reason so far not to trust them at their word.
Just be careful is all.
>>
>>27224352
"That sounds good, your name can be whatever you like."
>The mare pumps a hoof in happiness and sighs.
"And in terms of trustworthiness? These guys have never given me any reason not to trust them, and they've been upfront and reliable with me. Just be careful."
>She nods,
>"I plan to. Again, sounds too good to be true and even if not, I need to keep on my hooftips."
>She sits back and resumes reading, humming a little as she traces lines with her hoof.

Security check-in will commence tomorrow.
>>
>>27224642
night
>>
>>27224642
Sorry if it's personal, but how'd you get pulled into this?
>>
beb
>>
>>27226289
>>
>>27227136
>>
>>27227136
>>
>>27229638
>>
>>27225144
"Sorry if it's personal, but how exactly did you get into this?"
>Squeaky sighs,
>"Well... It's a little embarrassing."
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want, privacy is everything around here."
>She nods,
>"It's okay, telling you couldn't hurt. In short, I'm not exactly money-savvy. Been in a very bad spot for the past month or so, and recently I got an offer to come here. This does seem a little... Shady, but I'm putting my faith into it, and so far it's worked out pretty well!"
>Providence appears to be rounding everyone up to head over to the carriage, so it looks like you've got a little more time now and the carriage ride to talk.

>input action
>>
>>27231174
Yeah, I'm in a similar spot. This is a way to get out of money trouble for me as well.

And hey, I can afford to eat and pay rent now, so this is really nice. What do you say we load up?
>>
>>27231206
This.

I feel bad about not suggesting something for every prompt lately, but it's mostly all just smalltalk and I have no objections to the proposed responses by anons who are faster than me.

Please know that I am lurking and enjoying the story. There is more than one anon reading this.
>>
>>27231206
"I was in a similar spot, this is a way for me to get out of money troubles as well. And being able to eat and afford rent is always nice too."
>You wave her on with a hoof as you trot over to Providence.
"Let's load up!"
>Providence takes your clipboards and ushers everyone into waiting carriages, a small procession headed off to Canterlot.
>You end up in a carriage with two other mares and a stallion, one being Squeaky, the others an intimidating light red mare with a spiked white mane and a quiet looking blue stallion with a short green mane.
>Squeaky looks a little scared of the red mare, but the stallion takes no notice of her.
>You could try and start up some small talk or just wait around, nothing exciting's going to happen if you take a nap.

>input action
>>
>>27231876
Let's chat with the intimidating mare.
>>
>>27231952
>You stretch a hoof out to the intimidating mare and smile.
"Hi! I'm Twitch. Nice to meet you!"
>The mare nods and smiles back,
>"Well Twitch, I'm Candy."
>She says as she slaps her hoof on yours and gives you a firm grip.
>"So, this is a bit of a new thing for for me. Normally I help out with business deals, today seems more of a reconnaissance thing."
>You nod,
"This is more my kind of gig. Standard fare. Hey, being close to the princesses is new though."
>The mare grins,
>"I heard, it is pretty exciting. Nervous about this check though, didn't exactly get much time to memorize..."
>You wave her off,
"Ah, you just need the gist of it and I'm sure you'll do fine."
>"Let's hope..."
>She grumbles, slamming her back up against her rear cushion, shaking the carriage and slumping down as she stares out the window.
>Squeaky jumps a little at her reaction, but shakes her head and leans back.

>Eventually, your procession comes to a halt and everyone crowds at the front of a building.
>The stallion who had been sitting with Providence leads your group into the building and seats everyone, now talking to a receptionist.
>The room is much like a fancy lounge, comfy couches, fancy art on the red patterned walls, tables about stacked with casual reading material.
>Everyone sits, Squeaky sticking close by you, and after a few minutes a mare and a stallion come out with clipboards, talking to the receptionist.
>"Would anyone like to volunteer? If not we'll begin in a random order."
>She says, staring around the room and watching for a response.

>input action
>>
>>27232339
We'll go first, why not?
>>
>>27232339
Maybe we should try to get Candy or Squeaky to go, while the info is firmly in their minds.
>>
>>27232339
Ooh! Oooh oooh ooh! Pick me!
>>
>>27232447
Squeaky seemed okay with it. I'd support encouraging Candy though.
>>
>>27232554
"Candy, you want to volunteer? You've got about ten seconds before I start >>27232454"
>>
beb
>>
>>27232447
>>27232554
>>27232605
>You tap your red acquaintance,
"Candy? You want to take this while it's still fresh in your mind? You've got ten seconds before I take it."
>And she shrugs before raising her hand.
>"Eh, what the heck. I'll do it."
>As she crosses over, under her breath she whispers "Thanks..."
>And exits with the stallion while the mare calls for another volunteer.
>You quickly stand to oblige them, waving a hoof.
"Ooh! Pick me!"
> That scores a chuckle out of your mare, who waves you over.
>"Excited, aren't you?"
>She smirks,
"You could say that..."
>At a rather quick pace she leads you to a small office and takes a seat behind a desk, pointing you to take a seat opposite her.
>She offers a bowl of candy.
>Inside are some chocolates and licorice.
>"Always like to make ponies feel at home, y'know? Treat ponies right. So, introduce yourself! Name, a little about yourself, that's all I'm looking for." Right now. Oh, and feel free to take some candy, that's what it's here for."

>input action
>>
>>27233675
Take some chocolate, we hate licorice afterall.

So my name's Quick Writ, and I went to culinary school at Canterlot School of the culinary arts to learn management and sous chef work.
After that, I didn't really want to go to law school, even though my talent is with writing and law, so I took up a job as a sous chef in a restaurant. Now I'm employed in Piping Hot, an independent food service company, and thinking about moving in with my stallionfriend, Tropic, as soon as my contract at my apartment is up.

Anything else you want to know?
>>
>>27233725
Let's mention our family too. How we're 24 years old, the middle child, and the only one who did well in school.

Our dad, Screwdriver, is an electrician, our mom Blue Baubles was a toymaker, our sister Hard Rims wants to be a carriage mechanic, and our older brother Sledge is a carpenter.
>>
>>27233675

>>27233725
>>27233994
Pretty much got it all.
Be sure not to touch the licorice, maybe even make a face at it for extra effect
>>
>>27233725
>>27233994
>>27234139
>You give the licorice a look of revulsion and grab some chocolates, popping them into your mouth two at a time.
"I'm Quick Writ, I went to culinary school at Canterlot School of the culinary arts to learn management and sous chef work.
After that, I didn't really want to go to law school, even though my talent is with writing and law, so I took up a job as a sous chef in a restaurant."
>The mare nods,
>"Huh. Well, I'm Cherry. Work here in Canterlot, really am liking it here. Do a little office work, do a little work outdoors."
>She grabs a couple licorice, which you grimace at as she swallows.
>"So I assume that's how you came to your current job?"
"Yep! Piping Hot gave me a good offer, and I'm finally able to think about moving in with my stallionfriend Tropic, as soon as my current contract is up."
>She grins and winks,
>"That's great! And I'm glad to hear it, wish you luck with him. Speaking of living, where do you live right now? How do you like it? I imagine not too much if you're planning on moving out."

>input action
>>
>>27234694
Right now, I live at 682 Cristo, in apartment 34. I only know a few of my neighbors, and I don't really like living there.

It's bigger than my apartment at 4453 Woodlamp, where I stayed for college, but this new apartment really doesn't do it for me, you know? I used to know everypony who lived around me back then. It really will be nice to move out.
>>
>>27234769
>>27233994
"Oh, right now I'm at 682 Cristo, but I only know a couple of my neighbors and don't really like living there."
>Cherry gives an apologetic look,
>"I know that feeling, I'm in a bit of the same boat right now."
"Yeah... It's bigger than my place back at Woodlamp, where I stayed for college, but that's not the only thing that matters when you're looking for somewhere to stay. I used to know everyone back there! It'll be super nice to finally move out."
>"I can imagine... And your family? Still keep in touch?"
"Yep! My dad's named Screwdriver, and my mom is Blue Baubles. I talk to them every so often, they still live in Canterlot."
>"That's sweet, I'm glad you're still in contact. Any siblings?"
>She says with a goodnatured grin.
"Brother and a sister. My sis wants to be a mechanic, her name's Hard Rims. And my brother Sledge is a carpenter."
>Cherry looks back to her sheet, taps the table lightly and smiles.
>"Well, I'm happy to tell you that we're glad to have you abord Ms. Writ! And I'm sorry about this whole thing, we just need to make sure sometimes. Don't want just anyone coming in here and snatching up your job, we want to make sure it's the real you."
>She finishes as she stamps your paper with something green.
>"You're all set for tomorrow, and we'll see you then!"
>She says with another extended hoof.

>After a shake you're led back to the lobby where Squeaky waits for you, along with the rest of the group.
>Anxious, she asks,
>"H-How did it go?"

>input action
>>
>>27234945
It went great!
>>
>>27234945

>>27234958
How did yours go?
>>
>>27234945
I think I nailed it. How about you?
>>
>>27234958
>>27234986
>>27234998
"Think I nailed it, how about you?"
>She shakes a little,
>"I-I volunteered right after Candy did, went in with that stallion. He was nice and I remembered most of the questions he asked. J-Just nervous that I won't get the job, y'know?"
"Aw, I'm sure you'll do fine..."
>You assure, clapping her on the back and lying back in your seat.

>Everyone passes.
>Happy, the group heads home and breaks after some amazed words from Providence.
>You wave goodbye to Squeaky and Candy, another pair of new friends here.
>Kismet blows you a kiss as you head out, laughing at your frazzled response and sticking out her tongue at you.
>You really never imagined organized crime would be anything like this.
>It's practically not even crime!

>Once at home, you take a seat and yearn to turn on your brand new radio.
>As your hoof hovers over the button, straining for something to break the silence, you stop.
>You're saving it for when Tally returns, she needs to experience it with you.
>So for the moment you content youself with cleaning and organization, getting that zen mood down.
>To your surprise there's a knock on the door, which when you open discover to be Drachma.
>"Afternoon Twitch!"
>He grins,
>"Did you speak with one of the girls about me?"

>input action
>>
>>27235102
Hello Drachma.

Yeah, I talked to Kis about you. Thanks for understanding, can't be too careful, right?
>>
>>27235132
"Hey Drachma, I talked to Kis about you. Thanks for understanding, never can be too careful."
>"Oh I understand completely, I'd never get mad at somepony for being scrupulous."
>After a small silence, he stretches out,
>"So I really just wanted to chat with you, meet you, get to know you. You do seem to be quite the tidy and organized mare."
>You nod proudly, giving Drachma a wide smile,
>"Now I hear you've been rather successful with your jobs so far. An added fact, that you're growing ever closer to paying off your debt."
>You shake your head,
"While this is leaps and bounds ahead of how I expected to make progress, I'm barely a 1/7th through it."
>He sighs and lays a hoof on your shoulder.
>"Well Ms. Catalog, I've been thinking. Perhaps I could lower that debt of yours, in exchange for something. Well, three somethings, if you will. The first is extended loyalty to the company. We could use more like you around here. And of course, this doesn't close any doors for advancement, just in case you were wondering. But the second and third require a little more than just promises. Are you listening, or do you think you'd rather pass up this option."

>input action
>>
>>27235739
I'm listening. A bit nervous, but listening.
>>
>>27235739
I'm considering anything that would lower my debt, though I'd of course need the details first.
>>
>>27235763
>>27236049
"Anything that lowers my debt is something I'm certainly going to consider. But details come first."
>Drachma nods,
>"Of course."
>He holds up an image of a green mare with a sleek red mane and a small packet of something crystalline.
>"I heard you're working at an event, one Princess Twilight and Cadence will be visiting. Congratulations. This mare will be there. Her name is Verity, don't forget that. What I need you to do is put the contents of this packet in her drink."
>You move to speak, but he stops you.
"My third request is a bit more involved, and completely confidential between you and me."
>He looks around nervously before whispering,
>"I need you to get something out of Kis's office. Certain papers of hers, to be specific. I can't say what exactly until you agree, but I assure you it's something vitally important. Obviously you can't tell her or her sister about this, or anypony else for that matter. Is that clear?"

>input action
>>
>>27236204
O-oh... I.. Yes I can do that.

worry intensifies
>>
>>27236204
That packet. What'll it do to her?
>>
>>27236234
This
>>
>>27236204
I hope I'm not speaking out of line, Mr Drachma, but this is very bad for Kis, right?

I assume that if you came to me and not her then... she's done something fairly big.

She's never seemed one to act against the company before.
>>
>>27236204
I'm not sure that third one is something I'm comfortable with.
Working against colleagues seems like the opposite of teamwork.
>>
>>27236204
How much will each of these three things take off my debt?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.