[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BoatQuest 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: boat quest.png (1 MB, 1200x786) Image search: [Google]
boat quest.png
1 MB, 1200x786
>You are Golden Arrow.
>After an extremely long selection process you were chosen to be the new captain of the EES The Best Ship, a nautical vessel to explore the eastern-most parts of the globe.
>You chose to make the ship a small, efficient submarine with a morale boosting system.
>You learned a bit more about modern naval techniques.
>You were in the process of meeting your navigator, a meek and sarcastic bat pony named Silver Sextant.

Previous Thread: >>27113584

“Er,” you continue after no swooning is apparent. That you can see. It’s probably there. “What’s your name?”

“Silver Sextant,” the bat pony says. “Are you done being so loud?”

Too loud? You’re not sure you understand the question. You tilt your head for a second. Oh well. A captain’s job is to make sacrifices for the betterment of crew relations. You force yourself to adopt a somewhat quieter tone.

“I shall strive my utmost,” you vow. “But in the future I cannot promise to contain my enthusi-” You stop yourself before you stamp your hoof again and slowly lower it to the ground. “That is,” you say with a weary sigh. “I’ll probably be louder in the future.”

The batpony nods once and slowly opens the flap to her tent, exiting and starting to bundle up the various maps that she had selected, of varying quality, but mostly unfleshed out. Probably the biggest accumulation of Easterly cartographical information available, which is unfortunately not saying much. “I’m Silver Sextant,” she said. “Call me Sextant, and if you make the obvious joke, I will sit and pout. For hours.”
>>
>>27143428
Not wanting to put out our navigator for hours do not make the obvious joke. Ask about her previous experience.
>>
>>27143428
Stare blankly.
"Why, what's the obvious joke?"
>>
>>27143428
Why would people joke about sextants? They're beautifully intricate and delicate instruments that need to be treated with care and are powerful assets when handled by knowledgable hooves!
>>
>>27143428
Joke?

Uh, I'm sorry?
>>
Fail to get the joke. Cover by putting our arm around her shoulder and rambling about how awesome this will all be. Gesture wildly with your other hoof.
>>
>>27143479
This.
>>
>>27143428
GODDAMN YES IT'S UP
>>
>>27143626
Not Doxel pls.
>>
>>27143626
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU
>>
>>27143532
Say what joke? Then do this.

In fact, I'd love for her to always be worried about someone making a joke about her name, but no one ever does.
>>
>>27143626
This wasn't me.
>implying that it would take me nineteen minutes to notice boatquest was up
>>
>>27143640
I'm stupid. What's a doxel? I'm just hype for EES The Best Ship
>>
>>27143645
That would be hilarious.
>>
>only thread #2

Mind if I join the crew?
>>
“Joke?” You say, quirking your head to the side. “A sextant is a beautiful item, superbly crafted and only to be cared for with the most careful hooves and mouths.” She pokes her head out of the tent, and looks at you with some confusion, a slight blush playing at her face. You walk over and throw your hoof around her, knocking the maptent pretty much everywhere in the process.

“Besides!” You say loudly, moving forward in the hopes that she won’t notice if you’re not getting something stupid. “We’re going on an adventure! We’re going to see the dangers of the world! Fight sea monsters! Find the edge of Equus itself and accidentally steer off of it! Doesn’t that sound great?”

She looks a little unconvinced, ear twitching in slight annoyance, but doesn’t say anything.

“Well… uh… anyway,” you say, never one to let awkward silences exist. Ever. “What’s your experience like? What makes you the one to be the navigator on the EES The Best Ship?”

She looks at you with a deadpan gaze, mirrored in her tone. “That’s the name.” She said and scrunches up for a second before she lets out a slow, long sigh. “I used to work at a map shop,” she said. “My parents owned it. My grandparents owned it. But then I heard that they were goin to explore the eat, and well, there are no maps of that quite yet…”

“That’s the spirit!” You say with a grin. “We’ll make the best map! And then we’ll name it The Best Map.”

“...right,” she says, shrugging out of your sidehug and taking a small step backwards. “Uh… did you have any questions for me? Should I just give you the Codex?”
>>
>>27143652
Doxel is Pinkie Pie's username. She is so full of enthusiasm.
>>
>>27143660
Welcome aboard our yellow submarine! The EES The Best Ship! We're going exploring soon.
>>
>>27143662
That really depends on what a Codex is, but the answer is an enthusiastic hell yes.
>>
File: EES The Best Ship texture.png (605 KB, 1699x684) Image search: [Google]
EES The Best Ship texture.png
605 KB, 1699x684
Reposting the slightly more textured version from last thread.
>>
>>27143662
Is a Codex the same thing as an Atlas?

>>27143676
It's so byoooooootiful.
>>
>>27143672
Very much a yes, absolutely.

>>27143676
Thanks anon! Don't post my character creator abominations though, this guy's sub is perfect.
>>
>>27143665
Sweet.

Just going to read the archived thread to catch up. Might draw Silver Sextant a little later.
>>
>>27143703
You never need to ask for permission if you
a. are willing to read up on what's happened so far and
b. are okay with the way things were decided to this point
>>
>>27143703
>>27143736
And c. if you're going to be our drawfag and do it according to the descriptions, you glorious, wonderful, bastard. Can't wait to see it.
>>
>>27143736
No, you just flat never need to ask permission. They don't have to read or agree with anything.
>>
>>27143676
I'd move the deck gun an itty bit further forward.
>>
“Is the Codex an atlas? A magically self-updating atlas that gives me really cool powers whenever I use it?” You ask, smile growing wider by the second as you consider it. “Give it to me!”

She looks at you for a second and crosses the room to pick up a thin book. “No…” She said. “It’s the standard text given to captains. It’s like an encyclopedia. I guess it is enchanted because its magically slimmed down to be smaller than it would have to be.

That’s a little disappointing, but still pretty cool nonetheless. You poke through it, flipping to a couple of pages and looking. The text looks really dense, it will probably take a while to get anything useful out of it on any given topic.

Codex unlocked, an in-universe dictionary that gives you information on topics as they become relevant. You’ll also get an option to study specific topics later on.

http://pastebin.com/Nv98D7KV “Crystals” entry unlocked. “Crystal Core Drive” entry unlocked. “Recent History” entry unlocked.

She gives you a moment to look it over. “Anything else?” She asks.
>>
>>27143964
Sorry, reading.

Yes, one more thing. It is imperative that I become familiar with my crew! The bonding begins immediately! What is your favorite color? Mine is gold. Not yellow, gold.
>>
>>27144054
And how would you react if we were beset upon by pirates or a sea serpent?
>>
File: BoatQuest 2.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BoatQuest 2.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkGA0AyqZWs
>>
>>27143964
"Show me your most awesome map!"
>>
>>27144054
Also, have you ever made a map of where all your maps are? A map map, if you will?
>>
There’s a long pause as you get briefly entranced by the new wealth of information in front of you. Facts, details… dare you even suggest… deepest lore? Eventually she throws you out of this reverie with a small cough and your eyes jolt up to her and you start nodding your head vigorously while you tuck the Codex into a coat pocket.

“Yes!” You say. “What is your Favorite Color?” You ask, pointing dramatically at her.

“Um, I don’t know,” she says, looking stunned from being put on the spot. “I guess maybe it’s-”

“Mine is gold!” You announce cheerfully, deciding to take her obvious lack of ability to answer by giving her your answer. “Not. Yellow. Only gold.”

“...green,” she says, clearly having finally made up her mind instead of listening to your glorious answer. “My favorite color is green.”

“A great answer,” you say. “What’s your favorite map? Would it be a map map? A map of your maps?”

“H-hey,” she says, a little flustered. “There’s more to me than just maps, y’know. I have other interests!”

“Really?” You ask, enthusiasm redoubling in your tone. “Like what?”

She blinks a couple of times, thinking. She reaches over and picks up a piece of paper, upon which a large, butterfly-shaped map resides. “This is my favorite map.” She says.

Are you all enjoying how I'm doing the characters thus far? They are yours and I wish to do them justice.
>>
>>27144189
Look at the map and point out things that you think are great about it. Then ask what this map is.
Yes, but it's still rather early to judge it, but I like the general direction
>>
>>27144189
Is that the fucking Watermap Butterfly projection? You magnificent fucking bastard. I love you. Let me have your babies. Also yes, you are doing the characters beautifully. Hilarious and relatable and tons of fun.

Pick it up, hold it upside down, and squint at it as if it was a magic eye picture. Wonder what the hell is going on in a world where a map can be a butterfly.

You're not really going to slow down by ten minutes now, right?
>>
>>27144229
brb, taking a shower and getting some food. :^)
>>
You take the map and hold it at a distance, then up close while you look at it. “Ah.” You say. “This map it, uh, I like the way it looks. It is a map, right?”

She carefully snatches it from you. “Yes,” she says with an impatient cry. “It’s artfully done and, oh why do I bother? Can we just get going?” She asks, starting to pack up her many maps and the scant other items that she has available to stow away

Are you done meeting the bat navigator or did you have any more questions for her?
>>
>>27144370
An excellent idea, navigator.

Let's shove off!
>>
>>27144370
We'll leave in a minute. I still have to meet whatsername with the engine doodads.
>>
>>27144383
>>27144400
Combine.

>>27144370
Great idea! I'll go tell Rivet to start the engines so we can take off!
>>
>>27144370
Who pilots the boat anyway?
>>
File: 1444219145700.jpg (265 KB, 724x820) Image search: [Google]
1444219145700.jpg
265 KB, 724x820
>>27144546
>>
“Of course!” You say, wheeling around and pointing a hoof. “Let’s shove off! Anchors aweigh!” With an appropriate exclamation, you start to tramp off towards the ship.

“Oh, yeah, we’d better get the engineer and get her to start this up,” your newfound navigator says, packed bag on her back and two maptubes at either side. “Where is she?”

Oh right. The navigator. You had mentally misplaced her for a second there. “We’ll get the engineer to tell us,” you say. “I’m only going to pilot the very most well-maintained ship, that’s for certain.” After popping out into the hallway, you notice the engineer who had directed you nearby, and he nods his assent. The three of you hustle your way down to what appears to be a large engineering dungeon of some sort. A dungeon is totally the proper word.

The large rooms look much the same, but the final one you come to has a very nervous looking pony in a guard’s uniform watching over an orange earth mare with a welding kit on who is working at a chunk of metal on the table before her.
>>
>>27144546
Well fuck. Who DOES pilot the boat? We have a navigator, a captain, and an engineer but no pilot. Does Silver Sextant pilot the ship?
>>
>>27143662
mmmmmmm ... eat...
>>
>>27144670
Hello, engineer! What marvel are you working on there? Is it awesome? Does it make things explode? Can I touch it? Oh shit, did I break it?
>>
>>27144670
What the hell is nervous guy's problem? This gal is part of our crew, and thus completely trustworthy. Thank him for his service and assure him that everything is fine. Then be loud and unannounced at this mare, just like the last one.
>>
You scoff at the nervousness of the gentlestallion waiting. This is a member of your crew, he has absolutely zero reason to be nervou- oh, that’s an explosion. You trot forward. The gentlestallion is whimpering lightly and you look at him. “I can take it from here,” you assure him. “Feel free to lea-” and he’s gone.

You step up to Rivet and open your mouth to announce your name, only to be forced onto your haunches with surprising strength. “Hold this,” Rivet says, slamming a metal component of some sort into your chest hard enough to make you sit. You look down at it for a second with absolutely no clue what in Tartarus it is.

You look back up at her and open your mouth to speak again. “Hold please,” she says breathlessly before you can say anything, hooves a whirr of motion as she welds, twists, hammers… pretty much every conceivable mechanical motion that can be handled at once.

“Alright!” She says with a grin. “I fixed your monocle…” She looks around. “Huh. I wonder where that guy went.” She shrugs and slaps the strange ocular apparatus onto her face. True to her word, it is a monocle, but not one that you’ve ever seen before, with a couple of magnifying lenses at odd places and an arm to hook it around her ear for stability. “Whatcha need, friendo?”
>>
>>27144889
I'm Golden Arrow, captain of this ship. Great to meet you. What the hell is this thing you handed me?
>>
>>27144889
>Whatcha need, friendo?
I meed to meet my crew! You are my engineer, right? Was that explosion a good explosion or a bad explosion? Do engineering dungeons normally have explosions? I'm going to assume 'yes'.
>>
>>27144889
I am the captain of the ship that you will be sailing on to explore uncharted lands! You shall help maintain the most advanced vessel of our time!
>>
“Hello!” You say brightly, and look down at the apparatus in your hooves. “What the hell was this?”

She scoops it up and in the same motion tosses it behind her, where it tinks as it bounces a couple of time. And then catches on fire. “Something to distract you so I could finish my kickass new monocle,” she says.

“Is fire that common in engineering dungeons?” You ask. “I don’t want my ship going up in flames…”

“Ship? Oh, you’re the captain and all that jazz,” she said with a grin. “Nah, most of the time I can keep it under control. If I can’t, c’mon. We’ll be in the ocean. Water everywhere.”

You’re contemplating how amazing that point is when she pushes a bag into your hooves, a heavy one. “Here,” she says. “You’re gonna help me move and stuff.” She doesn’t seem to be commanding you, per say. That implies some sort of intent to control, where she says it more like ‘this is obviously the best choice so we’re doing this’.
>>
>>27145112
Well it probably is the best choice, and we probably are going to do it
>>
Are any players lurking around? Should I pause for now?
>>
>>27145244
I'm here, it was a shit prompt.
>>
>>27145244
I'm here
>>
>>27145112
Open bag. Stick head into it.

>>27145244
I'm still here, but you can pause if you want. I'm playing like three things right now, so sorry if my response times suck.
>>
>>27145244
I'm around.
>>
>>27145112
>Something to distract you so I could finish my kickass new monocle
>Most of the time I can keep it under control. If I can’t, c’mon. We’ll be in the ocean. Water everywhere.
OhmygodIloveyoubemywaifu.
>>
With a shrug you start loading things up onto your back, taking a brief moment to peek into one of the bags and recoiling immediately. “Woah,” you say. “That is one DIRTY magazine.”

“What?” She says. “I use ‘em hard and I use it often. Just because something gets covered in fluids doesn’t mean it has to be thrown away.”

You think that’s a bit of a flimsy excuse for keeping her “Wrenches Monthly” after it’s covered in oil, but it’s her life. You keep loading bags up, and she herself starts to balance more than a few of the green canvas sacks on her own back. They’re heavy, probably filled with tools, scrap, and parts, but your muscular figure lets you easily handle the load. With the piling completed, the three of you start off towards the boat.

“So,” she says as you walk. “Any questions for your kickass new wrench wench?”
>>
>>27145348
Ha! I like your spunk, kid. Now then! What are you planning on doing to this engine, and is it awesome? Answer the second question first, and if your answer isn't hell yes then get right the fuck out of here.
>>
Boaty McBoatface
>>
>>27145348
Are you good with submarines?
>>
Pausing
>>
>>27145528
Aww.
>>
Is he coming back?
>>
>>27145348
Introduce Rivet and Sextant to each other if they haven't done so already.

Then ask Rivet what her favorite thing about submarines is and what's her motivation to go on this adventurous adventure.
>>
File: BoatQuest 3.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
BoatQuest 3.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
>>
>>27145348
Since I didn't have a waifu before this, I'm glad to finally find my waifu here. She's hilarious.
>>
>>27145528
Aw! Okay. Tomorrow?

>>27147515
I vote this!
>>
>>27143703
>>27143795

Altight, I'm fully caught up on the story and I'm loving it so far. The textured ship is beautiful

So much inspiration for things to draw. will post something shortly.
>>
>>27148138
Cheers, mate.
>>
File: crystal-core.png (1 MB, 1610x1275) Image search: [Google]
crystal-core.png
1 MB, 1610x1275
Years of watching Star Trek engine room scenes where the chief engineer is briefing the captain while the IMMENSE warp core pulses in the background just makes me want to recreate that. So from OP's description I whipped up some prototype designs.

The one thing I cant quite picture is the whole melding and etching of crystal in the core. Also do module crystals meld to the main crystal core or do they orbit it?
>>
>>27148209
Or have I got it completely wrong and the core is just a massive block that sits in the engine room not hovering at all?
>>
File: event horizon core.gif (994 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
event horizon core.gif
994 KB, 500x213
>>27148209
>>27148216
>>
>>27148463
Fuck yeah. I was going to call the Singularity Class Core a Horizon Class but decided to be more subtle.
>>
>>27148483
My vote goes to the singularity class core, unless 2qm had something different in mind.
>>
>>27148209
Proto Class is closest to what I had in mind, but if you guys really want another one I don't have a problem with changing it. The modules get absorbed into the crystal and change the shape and structure of it slightly.
>>
>>27149119
Also if you guys had any particular Codex topics you wanted to see, shoot them at me and I'll start thinking. Tech, magic, species, details about Equestria, pretty much anything.
>>
>>27149132
Maybe add an entry for modules and how they affect the core. But if its not going to play a role in the future it may not be necessary.
>>
>>27149132
Maybe a bit more about the Equestrian Exploratory.. what was it.. Initiative? Division?
Their maxime and goals and maybe to whom we are accountable to.
>>
>>27149132
Rumors of the East Sea, please
>>
>>27149132
>the power harness, free-floating, etched copper rings that control the crystal’s magic field, preventing emotional energy from filling it up and directing the stored energy to the rune circuits
Can this get its own entry?
>>
>>27149132
There's a lot of emotional energy stuff being discussed. Sounds like a changeling feast. What happened to those things?
>>
>>27149496
I like to imagine they're like barnacles in this universe. Stuck to the underside of the ship sucking out emotional energy.
>>
>>27149991
If changelings can feed on confidence and optimism, there will be some very fat ones thanks to our captain
>>
>>27150734
The engineer too. We're just overflowing with that can-do "leap before you look" attitude.
>>
>>27143428
>You were in the process of meeting your navigator, a meek and sarcastic bat pony named Silver Sextant.
>More autistic batcancer shoved into yet another cyoa
Of course...
>>
>>27150798
>More autistic batcancer shoved into yet another cyoa
What? Why is that autistic batcancer? I think some of those words are unnecessary, anon.
>More bats in yet another cyoa
Ftfy.
>>
>>27150780
Even the name of the ship is like a fucking lunch buffet of pep and hope!

It's great, I like this
>>
>>27149496
>>27149991

Since Equestrians started sailing on the Eastern Sea i like to think a decent sized group of changelings seperated from the central hive and setup colonies there, essentially becoming pirates, far from the reach of the Equestrian Monarchy's wrath

They fly in small attack wings and drain a ship of emotional energy leaving the ship stranded.

Fuck. I feel like writing a story in conjunction with this one from the changeling pirates POV.
>>
>>27151965
>Equestrian Monarchy's wrath
That's one impressive headcanon you have there.
>>
>>27152328
>That's one impressive headcanon you have there.
I want to second this sentiment, except authentically instead of sarcastically.

>>27151965
Write it, fucker.
>>
>>27152495
I'm actually okay with that changeling idea, I just wanted to take the piss out of him a bit for that part semi-jokingly.
>>
Das Bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC03c9rUzDs
>>
Das Bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDtACzKGRs
>>
“Well,” you say. “I guess the obvious question is if you can work with submarines.”

“Probably,” she says. “I won’t really know until shit hits the fan.” She pauses for a second and snorts. “Oh wow, that sounds REALLY nerve-wrecking. Trust me on this, when push comes to shove, I’ll probably be able to take one look at the engine and make it sing like a motherfucker. I’ve got the Touch.”

“The Touch?” You ask, quirking your head to the side. “What do you mean by that?”

She shrugs. “It’s this kinda… I don’t know. Tune? Feel? Intuition dealio? Basically like some Earth ponies can just start working with tech and instinctively start to make it work like it should or we want it to, just by fiddling around with it enough. Learning more about this kind of stuff helps, but ultimately you got to feel it in your gut. The Touch.”

“So does that mean you’ll be doing really cool stuff to the engine? I like really cool stuff.”

“Well, uh, assuming you like explosions, one way or the other. Yeah.”

Any more conversation before you reach the ship?
>>
>>27153802
Wow, she loves herself almost as much as we love us.
I'd say let's go to the ship.
>>
>>27153802
Nah. We'll have plenty of time to converse on the open ocean.
>>
>>27153802
Hey, you know how this thing runs on emotions? Or something like that? Right? Can you tune this fucker to use confidence? Because between me and you, I think we've got this thing covered.
>>
You let out a low whistle. “If you can set the ship to run on confidence, the two of us can make this baby FLY.”

She snorts and shrugs. “The shards we use to recharge the ship can be set to pretty much any emotion. Given that you’re, y’know, a living reactor for confidence I figured it made sense to set one of our, uh, three to confidence, but there’s still two more you can set it for. Most of ‘em have effects kind of related to them. Set one to anger and its good for explosive bursts, sadness would make us go a little slower than normal but would probably last longer, stuff like that.”

You nod as she explains this. “Mostly I was commenting on your glorious level of self-worth,” you say. “It is a most admirable trait, of course.”

“Confidence? Me? Kinda, I guess. I mean I know what I’m doing but I’m mostly just sort of meh. Like if it doesn’t work, oh well. We’ll probably make it through and if we don’t, confidence isn’t the worst thing that couldn’t happen.”

That sounds like a supreme deficiency of cares, but unfortunately there’s no one around who’s particularly good at giving those.

For now, you enter the dry-dock and once more see your glorious ship, all decked out with a royal purple and a noble gold, perfect for the EES The Best Ship. You can’t suppress a massive grin upon seeing your darling in such fine colors, and quickly trot up to it and around it, giving a good look.

The engineer unicorn from before finally approaches you. “I figured you would like the color scheme,” he said. “We’re finishing up the last touches on the interior and you should be ready to go. How are you feeling?”
>>
>>27154080
I'm feeling fantastic. Why shouldn't I? This is a great ship, a great crew, I like the colors, and I could not be more ready to do some exploring.

>That sounds like a supreme deficiency of cares, but unfortunately there’s no one around who’s particularly good at giving those.
You fucker.
>>
>>27154080
Oh I'm feeling great, thanks. What about you? How was your day? How's the missus?
>>
>>27154080
"Say, I never got your name random guy who I'll probably never see again. What should I call you so I can thank you properly for the colors?"

Arm around the shoulder. Wild gestures. Shit-eating grin.
>>
Sorry guys, need to do IRL things in a bit and when I get back it'll be too later for lame-ass East Coasters. I should be able to run quite a bit tomorrow, however.
>>
>>27154242
s'alright, don't worry
>>
>>27154242
>lame-ass East Coasters
Fuck you too buddy.
>>
>>27154242
I'm on the west coast and this is my favorite new quest. Fuck 'em.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>27154242
No problem. I feel like I'm getting way too into this. I'm just about to start watching Master And Commander: The Far Side of the World. Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany have the best fucking chemistry in that movie. IF we get a ships doctor could it be like Paul Bettany's character?

Also in the previous thread someone mentioned a TV series based around a sailing adventure, did anyone catch the name of it?
>>
>>27155035
I'd like that too. We need a doctor and a cook and I think we're set.
>>
>>27154242
That's absolutely fine, dude. Thanks for running this.
>>
>>27155268
It would be cool if the Doctor also dabbled in a science like botany or geology, something non-medical that he somehow adapts to serve a medical purpose like herbal alchemy or regenerative crystals or some shit.
>>
>>27155858
Geology is fucking fascinating. I second this motion to someday get a Doctor Rocks
>>
>>27155035
>Also in the previous thread someone mentioned a TV series based around a sailing adventure, did anyone catch the name of it?
I'm sure this wasn't it, but there's a TV adaptation of the Hornblower series. Haven't watched it, but the books are great.

Oh and apparently it's on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6qtLWwJq9U
>>
>>27157326
Oh yeah, great shit. I got my GOAT BOAT fix hope to see more from this thread.

I'm working on some sketches of Silver Sextant at the moment but its 1:30am here in AU so gonna hit that sack. Keep the dream alive, America.
>>
http://pastebin.com/Nv98D7KV
Etched Copper Rings has been added under the Crystal Core Drive. Magic has been added. Rumors of the East Sea has been added. Changelings would not be common knowledge so you'll have study up on that later. For right now I have to finish up some IRL nonsense and I'll be running
>>
>>27158702
Fucking sweet! Thanks for the update
>>
>>27158702
>What is known is that there is a rather large commercial island not too far from Equestrian shores: it has been one of the few consistent trading partners over the course of Equestrian history.
For something this important, it seems odd that this doesn't have a name in the codex.
>>
>>27158702
What does the edge of the plane look like?

>>27159355
Obviously our first task is to find out the name of this place!
>>
>>27159791
>Obviously our first task is to find out the name of this place!
I approve of this quest.
Even though it will likely only be ten seconds long and just consist of asking the navigator what the name of the island is.
>>
>>27159828
True. But we still have our first task that we've given ourselves! And we're going to fucking rock it. Maybe they've had trade with someone from further east.
>>
>>27159903
>Maybe they've had trade with someone from further east.
Awesome, now we have a second task too after we find out their name! And the second part we actually have to go somewhere to do it!
>>
You grin and throw your forelegs around him waving a hoof enthusiastically. “I’m doing absolutely great, engineer who’s name I haven’t learned,” you say.

“It’s Spark Plu-”

“And why wouldn’t I be? I’ve got a great crew, a ship of the most perfect colors imaginable, and I could not be more ready to go do some exploring!”

“Well, I’ll leave you to explore the interior to the ship,” he says, indicating a ramp up to the observation platform. It looks like it’s retractable, and you eagerly tromp up the ramp and take a look around, with your crew following. It’s all surprisingly ornate, carefully crafted, with a large mural of the Equestrian flag on the foredeck. But it can’t hold your attention for long: you’ve been waiting to see this interior, and you pop open the door and carefully crawl down the ladder.

The inside is outstanding, it’s all sleek, a mirror-polished sheen of smooth crystal floors. The furniture is primarily crystal with cushions added to make it more comfortable, with rolling colors flowing through walls and the occasional ‘crack’ for artistic effects. There are a few magical screens on one wall, carefully arranged to provide vital information. There are three basic stations, but from your experience with small vessels it’s designed to be workable even with the captain’s station alone. The other two have more specific information, but it is your job primarily to act as the pilot, though you could probably assign one of the others to do some piloting. For the most part, the ship pilots itself and just needs course corrections over the day.

Your crew starts to settle in. You look at your box and start to think on your past. Where do you come from?
>>
>>27160965
The crystal empire, of course.
>>
>>27160965
Fuck yeah, story continues!

You're from Vanhoofer, on the West Coast. Your parents immigrated with baby you to there after the Flurry Heart fiasco and you helped to explore the few unexplored areas of the West Sea. That's how we got our taste for adventure!

How's that sound?
>>
>>27160965
Crystal Empire. We were gone for a thousand years and are eager to learn everything we missed.
>>
>>27160978
>>27161088
These.
>>
>>27161088
>gone for a thousand years
I like the idea of us being comically out of the loop on things, but if we are less than thirty we never lived under the curse.

Crystal empire is still the best choice, given our ridiculously high national pride.
>>
>>27161125
>>27161088
I have autistic aging headcanons that can totally account for this if you want this to be the case.
>>
>>27161137
Yes please.
>>
>>27161137
Sheer morbid curiosity demands that I say yes to this, although please know that you have just made me very nervous.
>>
>>27161137
I'd rather you explain first.
>>
Basically, the idea being that ponies age based on their emotional state, which fits with a lot of things about things in the show changing based on their emotional state (Spike growing super big with greed, cutie marks representing an emotional realization that causes them to reach adulthood) so basically, if Arrow felt like he was mid-twenties he would be in that state.
>>
>>27161191
I'd rather he be the age he looks like, and is just first generation modern Crystal Empire. His parents lived under the curse and were not able to explain anything about modern society to him, so he grew up to be an explorer and see it all himself.
>>
>>27161222
Trips support this good idea
>>
>>27161222
I like this.
>>
>>27161222
EVERYTHING IS NEW AND AWESOME!
>>
You pull out a small, crystal globe, which holds a picturesque view of the Crystal Empire, and dancing aurora borealis all around. You may be a patriot of Equestria, but you’ve always been a citizen of the Crystal Empire first and foremost. You produce two flags, one a crystal empire one, big enough to be a blanket (not that you would ever shame such a beautiful monument of your home in such a way). Your parents had been born in the reign of Sombra, with no chance to go exploring themselves and no ability to teach you much about the world. You had decided to see it on your own.

A good childhood, if it not particularly glamorous. Do you have any other personal belongings to hang up?
>>
>>27161359
A magnificent portrait of ourselves. The lewd one we leave in our bag.
>>
>>27161359
Our trusty crystal spyglass of course! And a picture of us with the locals from our last expedition.
>>
>>27161368
Make it huge. Like three feet by four feet, featuring us winking and pointing at the viewer and radiating awesomeness.
>>
>>27161428
No, the big picture goes on the wall of the bridge so as to inspire confidence in our subordinates. We can have the smaller pictures in our own room.
>>
>>27161401
I feel as though the spyglass would have a ornate stand of wood and gold. It's our special thingy isn't it?
>>
>>27161455
Of course. Cherrywood and brass.
>>
>>27161359
A big cutlass welded to a smaller cutlass that we commissioned from the finest blacksmith in the Crystal Empire specifically for this voyage in case we need it to stab a pirate.
>>
>>27161359
It takes a while to pull out the long canvas tube of your next item, as well as the multi-part frame. After a few minutes of assembly, the frame is together, the painting slipped inside, and hung on the wall, carefully above the basic bunk that you currently have in your room. A beautiful portrait of yourself, winking, smiling, literally radiating confidence. You reconsider, however, and pull it off to take it into the bridge, finding an appropriate spot for the beautiful image. It should serve to remind people of the importance of confidence in a moment of dire need.

Once back in your room, an ornate stand goes next to the globe on your desk, with your spyglass carefully put on it. Amazing construction, cherrywood and brass. A couple of smaller portraits go up around the cabin, some landscapes of your voyages previous to this one, and one or two with you and your old crew. Good voyages. But nothing compared to this. Finally, you have an ornate scabbard that you can put up on the wall, with your prized rapier going inside.

A quick glance around confirms that Sextant is probably putting things together in her room, but Rivet appears to have made a beeline for the engine room and hasn’t budged since. Is it time to head out, or do you want to talk with anyone first?
>>
>>27161359
Take out the bottle of '85 Crystalberry Wine we brought to toast our maiden voyage with the crew.
>>
>>27161518
I really like >>27161520's suggestion. Let's pull everyone together for a toast on our maiden voyage first, then head out. Set course for whatever that one island is that Equestria trades with.
>>
>>27161518
Let's talk to Rivets about engine stuff, and then break out the wine for the crew! Also, we should ask our navigator what Trade Island is called.
>>
>>27161518
Go unpack Rivet's things for her, simce she seems to be too busy with the engine.

We're helping!
>>
>>27161590
>We're helping!

Please this. Then wine!
>>
>>27161586
I like this. Make the rounds. Navigator first to ask about the Island's name, then say hi to our workaholic engineer, then maybe >>27161590 if and only if we get permission, then the toast and the motivational speech before heading out.

>>27161520
Was 85 a good year?
>>
>>27161644
This, but take out the part where we ask for permission. We're a social retard.
>>
>>27161658
Exactly. Why wouldn't she want our help
>>
>>27161719
Yeah, we're great at helping!
>>
Rivet is clearly having problems finding the time to get to unpacking. You suppose that as her captain, the only polite thing to do! You open the door and take a strong step inside to see what she’s having trouble getting undone and find… nothing. The entire room is completely empty. With a bit of confusion, you take a look inside the engine room and poke around.

Tools are just about everywhere already and you stop in to grab a bag. She’s clearly unpacking, so you need to help. You're so good at packing and organizing you can definitely make it all work great. You pick up the bag and flip it over ready to start to sorting out the tools, but what comes out is distinctly not tools, but a series of clothing, surprisingly well-made and such a bizarrely large variety. You begin to sort through them with curiosity before you hear a squawk and something tackles you.

For being smaller than you are, Rivet packs a hell of a punch, and knocks you to the ground. She stands up and quickly starts to sort through the clothes with a cough. “...sorry,” she said. “Just, uh, please don’t go through my stuff, okay?”
>>
>>27161757
That was a great tackle! High hoof, crewmate!
>>
>>27161757
>Just, uh, please don’t go through my stuff, okay?
"Why?"
Blank stare.
>>
File: GoodOmens.png (425 KB, 1327x613) Image search: [Google]
GoodOmens.png
425 KB, 1327x613
>>27161757
We yell our understanding at her and compliment her combat prowess.

>Earth pony
>Squawks
Awesome.
>>
>>27161757
Nonsense! You are clearly busy doing engine things and do not have time for unpacking! Let me do it for you, for MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY.
>>
With a wheeze and a cough, you wave your hoof around. “An excellent tackle, engineer!” You say, slowly, shakily standing up. “Your use of erf pony-”

“Earth pony,” she says as she finishes packing up her clothes. “Only we can call each other erfs.”

“Earth pony strength,” you correct yourself with a bit of confusion. “But you should really let me unpack your room for you. That way we can achieve maximum efficiency.” She shakes her head.

“No no no no,” she says. “That’s okay.” She starts to push you out of the engine room. “I’m staying in the engine room. That’s efficient. I’ll do that packing myself, got it?”

“Why?” You ask. “I don’t really.” She shuts the door to the engine room and there’s a loud clunk as she presumably places something in front of it.

“I’ll be done in thirty minutes,” she shouts through the muffled door. “And you can use my room for whatever.”
>>
>>27162054
Sweet! Put a table in it. Meeting room. That's where we can make our wine toast.
>>
>>27162054
Okay, Navigator then. Ask her about the island. Make sure you just burst in there. Knocking is for cowards.
>>
>>27162281
I say we do knock, because she asked us to tone it down. But we do that knock-really-loudly-as-you-open-the-door thing that parents do to kids.
>>
>>27162054
Bang on the door and ask what she's doing in there for the next half an hour.
>>
>>27162483
Sounds good to me.
>>
Sorry, impromptu nap.

You knock on the door, banging on it loudly. "HELLO?" You call out over the knock. "What are you doing in there for the next half-hour hour?" You are the captain, so in order to sound professional, you make sure to knock as loud as equinely possible.

"Official engineering preparations," she calls out, though you have a hard time hearing her over the ringing in your ears.

“Excellent!” You say cheerily. You’re not quite sure why she rejected the assistance, but as long as she has promised to get it completed with all haste. For now, you can make sure what would have been her room was put into good use as you reallocate a table from the bridge into her room. At some point you will get a few chairs and make it into an official sitting room. You can make your toast there later.

You trot over to Sextant’s room and open the door, poking your head inside. All of her things are still in bags while she sits at the desk, a sheet of white paper rolled over the surface. At a glance it appears to be a preliminary sketch of the submarine, growing more details with each passing second. Her tongue is stuck out in delicate concentration as she fills in each will, occasionally furrowing her brow as she starts to redraw something, growing closer to the actually floorplan with each penstroke.

[1/2]
>>
>>27162525
“Navigator!” You crow as you step in. She jerks, winces, and starts to rub away at the accidentally scratched line bit by bit. So happy to see you she can't even remember the look of the ship. She's adorable. She looks back at you and sighs softly, finally drinking in your true beauty. “Hello, Captain,” she says. “I’ll take care of my own maps in a moment.” She must have heard your attempts to Rivet. The poor dear is clearly trying to live up to your promise as an unpacker, the misguided fool. Very well, you’ll let her have her own dream for now.

“Well, I had a few questions about the only known island in the east sea,” you explain. “After all, our first mission is to officially discover it, starting by seeing if it has a name.”

“Oh, you mean Portunio?” She asks, and you punch a hoof into the arm, victorious. “What did you want to know?”
>>
>>27162535
Who lives there
>>
>>27162535
MISSION COMPLETE

GOOD JOB EVERYONE

He should actually mutter "First mission accomplished" tho
>>
>>27162535
Well, first off, what is the island's name?
>>
>>27162578
Oh fuck yes.
>>
>>27162578
You genius motherfucker
>>
>>27162578
Okay, Golden Arrow is officially my favorite MC now.
>>
You grab her face carefully and pull it in, looking deep into her eyes.
“Listen,” you say. “This is of the utmost importance. What. Is. The island’s name.”

She looks at you blankly. “It’s name is Portunio?”

“FIRST MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!” You say, stamping the ground loudly. “We did it people! Motherfucking 32 ARL and we have completed our first mission!” You take a moment to dance around a bit in reverie before you notice her looking at you and snap back to a more captainly posture and cough in a dignified manner.

“Who lives there?” You ask.

“Mostly ponies,” she says, slowly receding like she’s afraid of something. You quickly check behind you and there’s nothing there. Nothing to be afraid of, the silly bat. “A couple of zebras and griffins, but like it was settled by ponies a while back, even if it’s not Equestrian. I think it was mostly established for mining the island out, but Princess Luna was the one who handled the negotiations on something called the darktruce. D-did you need anything else?”
>>
>>27162842
What are they mining and what is the darktruce? Also, I couldn't help but notice that my AMAZING PRESENCE seems to be intimidating you. Nothing to apologize for, it happens to everyone, but try to put a little more oomph in your attitude in the future. Try and keep up, Silver.
>>
>>27162842
Do you have any maps of the island? Because that's where we're heading first. Also, meeting in the ready room in thirty minutes. We have to toast our maiden voyage and I have a kickass motivational speech.
>>
>>27162842
I want to know what the darktruce is! Maybe we should ask her what the safest way is to the island, and ask how she feels about being on a submarine, address her concerns if any. And be sure she knows about the toast in half an hour.
>>
“Now, I notice that you are flagging under my IMPOSSIBLE CHARISMA,” you say. “It’s understandable. But fear not, for if you simply project your personality, I think that you can be just as bold as me!”

This fact seems to shock her a little bit, and she looks at you. “R-really?” She says. “I mean, you think I could be as confident as you?”

“That’s the spirit!” You say. “Ahahahahano.”

“Oh,” she says, and she deflates a little bit.

“My cutie mark is fifty percent being confident, you say, patting her on the head. “But fear not, a measure more suredness in your tone will carry you far, and that, my dear Silver-”

“Sextant,” she says under her breath.

“That my dear Silver is what we will strive for,” you assure her. “And we will achieve it.” This gets a little smile from her.

“So what’s this nighttruce all about?” You ask. “It sounds… confusing.”

“Yeah, it seems like the whole deal was unnecessarily complicated and never gets explained very well. Like, Luna gave some of her magic to them? And that somehow made them her ponies?”

“What?” You say. “Is that where… uh, bat ponies come from?”

She gives you a confused look. “How does that make any sense whatsoever?” She asks. “Like, Luna isn’t a bat. Why would giving someone her magic make them into a bit?”

“Well, she does have night magic…”

“Oh?” She says, a little bit of an edge to her voice. “Is that all bats are to you? Nocturnal?”
>>
>>27163156
Of course not! Their heightened senses of hearing and sight, their leather wings allowing for stealth flight, and typically dark forms are great assets as well
>>
>>27163156
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!But seriously, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>27163156
>Is that all bats are to you? Nocturnal?
Panic. There is no right answer to this.

>>27163293
What am I not getting?
>>
>>27163303
It's a reference to Longname. The nightpact was some bullshit magic thing.
>>
>>27163303
Longname joke. The nightpact was easily the stupidest part of the lore and it was exactly like the nighttruce is here.
>>
Pausing. Thanks for playing you guys. I appreciate each and every one of you.
>>
>>27163380
Shoot me any questions you have, I enjoy them. I'll also be doing a couple more Codex entries.
>>
>>27163380
>I appreciate each and every one of you.
I care about you too, 2qm.
>>
>>27163386
Is this quest primarily comedy? I thought it was going to be adventure, but now I'm thinking it looks more like a comedy. Which frankly is a lot better. We're flooded with generic adventures and this is funny as shit.
>>
>>27163386
Can we have a map?
>>
>>27163649
Of the sub, I mean.
>>
File: Sub Layout.png (7 KB, 338x390) Image search: [Google]
Sub Layout.png
7 KB, 338x390
>>27163653
>>27163649
Yup.

>>27163622
It's action/comedy/adventure/drama. Hopefully.

In the general they were saying my random commentary is too jarring. Do you guys agree?
>>
>>27163810
>Do you guys agree?
No. This is great. Also it's a thousand times better than anything else you've done.
>>
>>27163810
If I didn't like your comedy why would I have asked if this was going to be a comedy? I believe my exact words were "this is funny as shit".
>>
>>27163810
That was me, and yes, I meant it.
>>
>>27163810
I think it was funny, but you could have been more subtle about it. It did take me out a little. You can still make references just don't be so obvious.
>>
>>27163810
I don't understand that map even a little. The bridge is in the middle? Are we looking at the sub head on? Is the engine room at the bottom and the captain's quarters at the top?
>>
>>27163925 (me)
Also, I have no real opinion on the joke because I didn't get it, so I'll just endorse >>27163875.
>>
>>27163875
This.
>>
>>27163875
The map is top-down. The bridge is in the middle. The captain's quarters are towards the back.
>>
>>27163989
The engine room is at the front of the ship?
>>
>>27164037
Toward's the front. I'm an idiot.
>>
I would like to remove my former floorplan as I apparently do not understand submarine.
>>
>>27164371
Fair enough. Call us when you do.
>>
>>27163386
I appreciate you putting up with this shit. Smooth seas ahead for you, 2qm.
>>
>>27164981
What shit?
>>
>>27163810
>In the general they were saying my random commentary is too jarring.
Don't give a fuck about the general. 90% of the general-discussion is "I'm not a player of [quest] and here is why it sucks".

Also, whoever did it, please try to not memefy this quest >>27163702, nothing good ever came from that.
>>
File: BoatQuest 4.png (666 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
BoatQuest 4.png
666 KB, 1000x625
>>
File: feFA6X2.jpg (50 KB, 555x609) Image search: [Google]
feFA6X2.jpg
50 KB, 555x609
>>27161486
>>27161518

>Cherrywood and Brass Spyglass
>>
>>27161644

Its not as good as the 78 but its still a good drop. Anyway we don't care too much for the taste, we're more interested in the pomp and circumstance of toasting the maiden voyage of the finest ship in the fleet.
>>
>>27161520
What year is it right now?
>>
>>27167081
32 ARL. So that wine is probably a thousand plus years old, since it would have to be from the Crystal Empire and from before Luna showed back up. We're a good captain.
>>
>>27167156
Well it's clearly just for show then. There's a limit to the whole "the older the better" thing with wine.
>>
File: Actual Sub Plan.jpg (662 KB, 2000x800) Image search: [Google]
Actual Sub Plan.jpg
662 KB, 2000x800
You start to sweat a little bit, looking at her like a deer in the headlights. Bats… were nocturnal ponies, right? “Well, you’ve also got, uh, really stealthy camoflagued coats, right?” You start. “And your hearing is-”

“Forget it,” she says with a groan. “What else is there?”

“In thirty minutes we’ll all meet in the observation deck and we can toast to the fresh, successful start to a voyage,” you say. “I’ll see you then!” You close the door behind you, leaving Sextant to finish up her work with a sigh of relief.

You relay the news to Rivet through the door and head over to your cabin. The final luxury you had stored away: a bottle of the 12 BRL, a lovely crystalberry vintage, one of the first after the return. What better way to celebrate the glorious start of a voyage of a crystal captain than a signal of the Crystal Empire's return? Not as good as the 9, but still a damn fine drop. You take it up to the observation deck and look around with a smile. You’re finally ready. You look over the glorious sights of the… well, the drydock still. But the observation deck is still the ideal location.

Eventually your two new crew member take a seat at the same table looking over you and picking up their glasses. They look at you expectantly. Your crew. What do you say to them?
>>
>>27167206
But it was trapped in some kind of weird time curse, so it probably has only experienced ~50 years
>>
>>27167241
>The machine that goes "ping"
Oh that must be a really expensive one. We should use that often.
I love you
>>
>>27167241
Silver Sextant sure makes a nice submarine map. What does BRL stand for?
>>
>>27167206
>>27167241
>>27167250

Or it's actually from a different year entirely!

Why do I suspect that the Party modification made by the strange pink pone also made the machine that goes "ping"?
>>
>>27167241
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vefJAtG-ZKI
>>
I fucked up. That should be ARL there, or "After Return of Luna". As opposed to BRL "Before Return of Luna".
>>
>>27167241
Fillies and gentleco-- I mean ladies! Good morning and welcome to the maiden voyage of the EES The Best Ship, the best ship in the sea! We're heading to Portunio (or whatever it was called) to start our voyage! It'll be awesome. In conclusion, I have alcohol. Cheers!
>>
>>27167292
I figured. Eighteen year old wine, then. We are in 30 ARL, right? Or were you rounding?
>>
>>27167241
We should express our confidence in our crew. We're socially inept, not mean, and plus they're both almost exactly as awesome as we are!

I can't wait for us to begin our expedition and explore new lands and make new friends for the crown! With our crew we shouldn't have any problems! And even though I'm your captain, I'd like to make things informal and enjoyable for us around here. We're all equals on The EES The Best Ship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzd5Mme7k4A
>>
“Fillies and gentleco-- I mean ladies!” You begin. “Good morning and welcome to the maiden voyage of the EES The Best Ship, the best ship in the sea! I can't wait for us to begin our expedition and explore new lands and make new friends for the crown! With our crew we shouldn't have any problems! And even though I'm your captain, I'd like to make things informal and enjoyable for us around here. We're all equals on The EES The Best Ship (but I’m still the captain)! We're heading to Portunio (or whatever it was called) to start our voyage! It'll be awesome.” You lift up your glass, prompting them to do the same. “In conclusion, I have alcohol. Cheers!” You all drink, and you let out a happy ‘aah’.

Rivet looks at the glass, a bit disappointed by appearances, while Sextant looks a little bit queesy. However, both of them return the favor. “This is gonna be pretty great,” Rivet asserts. “Let’s see what’s out there!” Sextant chirps up, brighter than you’ve seen her before. You’ve been in this dry dock long enough, and so the three of you finally head down towards the bridge, a red splash rolling through the crystal deck as you all get into position.

It takes you a bit to get the docking maneuvers complete, even with all three of you at your command stations, but finally, the EES The Best Ship is lowered into the water. Your first destination is Portunio, three days away, and so you are ready to begin your voyage.

Two hours in, a quick check of all vitals shows that everything looks to be working well. Rivet heads off into the Engineer room to perform engine checks and Sextant is still reading the information and making careful notes, checking them versus her established charts.
>>
>>27167504
You currently have 10 tokens, each of them worth enough for a day’s worth of food. That will be refilled every time you check in at an Equestrian embassy and that number will increase every time you discover an island or establish an Equestrian embassy.

The engine is fully charged. You should start by setting the charging stations to catch emotions so that you have something to refuel the engine. One has been set to confidence to capitalize on your exuberance. What other emotions would you like to set the two remaining shards to?
>>
>>27167513
Curiosity, the reason behind our voyage.
>>
>>27167513
>>27167520
Curiosity is a good one. Can we change the settings later?

I would vote determination or confusion for the next one. On one hand, we're going to get confused real often. On the other, this adventure fills us with determination.
>>
>>27167555
Nice trips. Yeah you can change the settings later. Determination would fall under confidence, but you can have multiple to set to confidence.
>>
>>27167504
Still not entirely sure, why they'd limit us so much by keeping us on a short leash with enough food for only three days for an exploratory mission.
>>
>>27167513
Is that a day's worth of food for one person, or ten days worth of food total?
>>
>>27167585
Sounded like 10 total for me and 1 token per day per pony.
>>
>>27167585
10 days worth of food total. 1 token is always one day of food for the entire crew. Don't look too hard at this.
>>
>>27167600
Is that what it meant? That's not at all how I read it. How many bits to a token anyway?

>>27167555
Confusion is good for the last one.
>>
>>27167504
>every time you discover an island or establish an Equestrian embassy
So what exactly qualifies as "establishing an embassy"? Do we just have to put a flag in the ground or escort an ambassador over there?
>>
>>27167607
I would also like to know how many bits to a token, Arc.
>>
>>27167607
>How many bits to a token anyway?
I also wondered this.
>>
>>27167607
I thought it meant "1 per day per pony", because if we have a bigger crew later on, for example 5 ponies, that would mean that the amount of food per token would increase, which would kinda defeat the purpose, but >>27167603 I guess we don't need to worry too much about that.
>>
>>27167607
>>27167625
>>27167628
I don't think they have any monetary value. They're like food stamps I think.
>>
>>27167636
No bits in this world. QM is using token as currency as well as food.
>>
>>27167629
That seems really confusing. Why not just use a regular currency? It doesn't even have to be bits.
>>
>>27167643
I bet that we'll find currency later, because I doubt that the Easterners would appreciate our tokens. But I think while we're near Equestria, that's pretty much true.
>>
>>27167636
Can you sell food stamps? How many bits does a token sell for?
>>
>>27167653
>I doubt that the Easterners would appreciate our tokens.
If other people don't use it then what the hell is the point of having it? Is token just what a bit is called in BoatQuest or am I missing something?
>>
>>27167655
I don't think you can. You'd need to have one of those magical transporation devices and to anyone but us it's probably not worth more than the material they're made of. And I don't think we could spend money to buy more tokens from the Equestrian Exploration Bureau.
>>
>>27167663
If what >>27167643 said is true, then yes. Tokens are just renamed bits.
>>
>>27167663
Because we need food, dude! I'm sure we'll find stuff to trade for local currencies, and I know that we can convert stuff into tokens (probably the Ping Machine).

Should we maybe look into the history of this island too? Maybe they have a story about its founding?
>>
>>27167672
That makes sense, I guess. But if they really are just food stamps then we should have bits too. Didn't someone say bits had been replaced by tokens?
>>
>>27167686
I'm going to assume that that person was wrong, bits still exist, and tokens are just Equestrian foodstamps, because that way it all works and we can stop talking about this.
>>
>>27167680
>we can convert stuff into tokens
Except bits, apparently.
>>
>>27167686
No, I think they both exist in parallel. Bits for the "outside world" and tokens solely for restocking our food supplies. Maybe as incentive to keep exploring more if we happen to find a treasure, so we don't stay on one island and just send bits back to get more food while we lie on the beach.
>>
>>27167704
So they're just foodstamps. Fine by me. Moving on now?
>>
>>27167702
Did the QM say so? I must have missed that.
>>
You think over terms of your mission as you set the crystals, first to curiosity, and the second to confusion. Confidence, curiosity, and confusion. The three Cs of exploration. You know that tokens are part of some massive enchantment system and the use of a single one can provide enough food for a single pony. As a result, the value of a token is pretty fixed, and the value of a bit fluctuates around it. You don’t know exactly how it all works.

In order to establish an embassy, you know, you just need to get in contact with someone in power in a town or country and agree to let Equestria establish embassies. From there, the establishment process is very quickly handled and they can start to send you tokens.

Now, beyond the course of your duties keeping the ship running, you have enough time to do three things. Studying a topic in the codex, training to be better or something, spending time with a crew member, and working a particular area of the ship to improve its efficiency are all things you can do.

For the first day, getting everything ready has taken one of your slots. You still have two things you can do. What else would you like to do?

Tokens are a just renamed gaming abstraction as well as my desire to condense the currency and food systems into one. Bits are the Equestrian currency this is more international. Ignore most of the logistic problems I'm mostly doing this to simplify shit and make it easier. You can get a boost to tokens by packing up supplies you find on your journey.
>>
>>27167719
Trips.
>>
>>27167719
>condense the currency and food systems into one
Wait, I thought I understood this but now I'm confused again. I get that they're like foodstamps, but how are they also like a currency? Is food the international currency?
>>
>>27167719
I think we should go harass Silver Sextant for as much information as she knows about the Eastern Sea, and then either study what the Codex has to say or hang out with Rivet
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.