[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Couldn't Twilight just have used her magic here? And why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: filename.png (347 KB, 794x439) Image search: [Google]
filename.png
347 KB, 794x439
Couldn't Twilight just have used her magic here?
And why was Ember surprised he risked himself to save Rarity when he risked himself to save her seconds before?
>>
>>27113631
Plot convenience
>>
>Couldn't Twilight just have used her magic here?
Twilight is canonically tardy.
>And why was Ember surprised he risked himself to save Rarity when he risked himself to save her seconds before?
Because ,for a dragon,ponies are inferior filthy creatures.It's like risking your life to save a rat.Or a hindu.
>>
She's not that bad, that's why.
>>
>>27113631
Teaching friendship to a species or culture with no concept of it is virtually never handled well in fiction.
>>
>>27113631
And why was Twilight afraid of Gargle? Trouble stopping him without annihilating him or something?
>>
File: 1460744892728.png (412 KB, 960x549) Image search: [Google]
1460744892728.png
412 KB, 960x549
Your just asking pointless questions this was a Spike episode and an Ember episode too i think, what Twilight or Rarity do is of no importance

This was very good episode and that's it, stop been a in denial fag and accept the truth
>>
>>27114116
She likely wanted to avoid having a huge diplomatic incident with a pony attacking a dragon on their homeland. By a princess at that.

It'd be bad for everyone.
>>
>>27114220
But the truth is, the episode was shit
>>
>>27114508
In your head, you denial faggot just kill yourself
>>
>>27113631
>Couldn't Twilight just have used her magic here?
couldnt twilight have helped rainbow dash win the olympics?

>And why was Ember surprised he risked himself to save Rarity
cuz rarity is worst pone.
>>
>>27113631
>And why was Ember surprised he risked himself
>he risked himself

this line confused me too

what would have happened? He'd fall into lava, oh no, it's not like dragons literally BATHE in that shit
>>
>>27114220
fag
>>
>>27114220
Episode was a literal 0/10. Thank god the mods are going to ban ember.
>>
>>27114508
The ponies were shit, the dragons would have been at the top of their game without them.
>>
>>27114116
This actually kinda bugged me. Twilight could literally just use her magic to levitate Garble and hold him in place without hurting him with absolutely no problem.

She lifted that fucking huge Ursa Minor all the way back in season 1 and she's only gotten stronger since then. For a more recent example she was able to magically freeze all her friends in place and hold them there in Castle Mania back in season 5. If she could do it to 5 ponies and Spike then she should be able to hand 1 dragon who is only slightly bigger than a pony.

Twilight has always been a serious victim of Superman syndrome. A form of lazy writing where a character is always exactly as powerful as they need to be to serve the goals of the plot. When the writers need her to be weak and in danger then that's what happens and when they need her to perform godlike deeds of magic like repairing a broken hydro-electric dam (including returning all the water to the side of the dam it was originally on) then she's powerful as fuck.

TLDR: It's a type of shitty writing that Twilight has been a victim of since the start of the show.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.