[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After the last two episodes I am losing interest in the show.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1459277841426.png (779 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1459277841426.png
779 KB, 1024x904
After the last two episodes I am losing interest in the show. What can they do to make it more interesting /mlp/?
>>
Drink heavily while watching.
>>
>being emotionally invested in the show past season 2
You're already setting yourself up for pain, just embrace it like the masochist you are.
>>
>>27051627
Make them hire back the old writers.
>>
File: 1391350055021.png (284 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1391350055021.png
284 KB, 900x900
>>27051637
>>27051640

This.

>>27051713

This would probably help too.

They just need more interesting characters and well written interaction.
>>
If you aren't interested in the show then the solution is pretty simple, don't watch the show
>>
Stop caring about shitty characters that will only be around during the season premiers and finales.
>>
>>27051627
>losing interest of the show
>last 2 episodes

I wonder how you got this far if you lose interest with the last ones and not back in Season 3
you could have lost it perfectly in SAYS or in Games Ponies Play easily
>>
>>27051800

Why do people treat Games Ponies Play as the worst shit ever? There are plenty of episodes that are lower than it. Sure, it had a predictable plot and the reason for choosing Crystal Empire for the games was flimsy, but the rest of the episode was entertaining. Seeing the group work together to try and woo the 'inspector' was great. Is it just because it had Cadance and Shining Armor?
>>
>>27051627
You're at a point where you don't care for the show anymore. You can either watch the show with low expectations or you can get off the ride here.
>>
>>27051627
Put Sunset Shimmer in the show.
>>
>>27051627
Better yet why would we who still find the show interesting have to do anything for you instead of just enjoying the show?
>>
>>27051627
Why did it take you this long to realize that now?
>>
>>27051627
Kill Everyone
>>
>>27051627
I lost interest halfway through Party Of One.
>>
>>27051627
Introduce new (secondary) characters or new angles to existing ones (especially a returning antagonist) without necessarily going straight to immediate reform.
>>
Lost interest around season three - I just stopped watching and haven't cared to catch up yet.

I still lurk this board though because I like the character designs and the drawings / green the show still inspires people to make.

I'm surprised you managed to maintain interest in the story for so long.
>>
>>27052005
The season 4 finale is worth it IMO

At least watch just that
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 2280x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 2280x1535
>>27052015
I appreciate the suggestion, thanks anon - I'll check it out.
>>
>>27051841
this is the right answer, pony is like any other hobby, its pointless to force yourself to stick around if you clearly lost interest, but i know you won't leave so i suggest you to try managing your time with this hobby better, don't burn yourself too much, go do other stuff, if you spend too much time with pone you will just lose interest, sometimes taking a break helps with keeping things interesting
>>
I guess they are running low on idea's. I don't really think it needs more or a return of protaganists. I do think it could do with more personal conflicts and interactions between the main characters though. The themes don't need to actually be grimdark. But I do feel they are making the themes too lightweight and dull (I don't care much for the CMC's or Maud who is the very definition of dull). I'd like to see some personal conflict/interaction with Twilight and Celestia or a story just about Celestia and Luna. Some of the side characters have lots to explore. What's it like being Celestia? How does her day go and how does she handle certain situations? Also I'd like to see more male characters explored. I know it's a show aimed at little girls but JUST!
>>
>>27052197
I meant antagonist not protagonist. I got a little muddled there.
>>
>>27051627
They should play a MLPRap after every episode.
>>
>>27052206
I've noticed they are going with different musical endings of late. Anything is possible.
>>
I don't think we had a body swap episode yet have we?
>>
>>27051800
Most past episodes at least had good parts or the flaws were overseeable and built on the tradition of previous seasons. With the new writer who just doesn't give two shits and the fact the show was really never really meant to go past three seasons, the show is going further and further away from its original novelty. It's no longer something we've never seen before, which was a girl-oriented show that actually has interesting, rounded characters and plot. It's becoming just another Saturday morning cartoon, the characters now becoming more clichéd with each passing episode and the plots more dull, predictable, or cringeworthy. It's become Faust's second miscarriage.
>>
More comfy wizards. More songs inspired by musicals. More lore about the world, alicorns, other species like Griffin Manticore Zebra etc. More slice of life. Beach episode.
>>
File: glumponk.jpg (14 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
glumponk.jpg
14 KB, 300x269
>>27052361
>Beach episode
MFW they have never done this. It's the staple of many anime shows. Why live?
>>
>>27052273
Season 5 was the second most well-received here on /mlp/, even amid a wave of nostalgia. Have you considered that you've just fallen off the ride? That the show hasn't actually changed that much, but you've just gotten tired of the same old thing?
>>
>>27051627
start to stop soley focusing on the mane 6, and focus on different characters
>>
>>27051627
Have an episode that another new flavor-of-the-month pony that's good just because they're new.

It's clearly not about being interesting or well-written because we got more depth from Apple Bloom this last episode than we got from anyone else in a while, and it still got the same old "it's boring!" treatment their episodes normally get.
>>
>>27052393
It would be so nice. Just a happy episode where the girls drag twilight to the beach because she needs a break from her duties. Maybe the other princesses show up. Pinkie breaks upon a watermelon. Rarity falls for a life guard and keeps pretending to be in trouble to get his attention. Applejack actually can't swim and gets rescued instead. Dash dominates Flutters at volleyball while she is cowering in fear of the ball. There's just so much cute junk they could do to fill an episode.
>>
>>27052956
*breaks open a watermelon
Curse you mobile.
>>
>>27052933
There will always be more complaining idiots.
The episodes were fine, last episode super fun, and this episode was well written.
The only thing that could have made it better if instead a random colt, she'd have interacted with a character we already know, for example Diamond Tiara.
>>
>>27052518
No fucking way dude, the show has changed a LOT since season 1. If you don't believe me try envisioning Tirek in Season 1 and see if that fits in or not.
>>
>>27052970
>The only thing that could have made it better if instead a random colt, she'd have interacted with a character we already know, for example Diamond Tiara.
Totally. He made me kind of uncomfortable. I hope he was just a one-shot.
>>
>>27052829
Literally the opposite of what I want.

And they ARE NOT focusing on the mane 6 at all. Where the fuck are you getting this idea that they are?

We are nowadays only getting a bunch of side characters who have an issue that the mane 6 somehow solve, or vice versa, the side characters solve a problem the mane 6 have.
Each time, ONE FUCKING CHARACTER carries the entire weight, or has the complete solution on their own. There's no complexity or advanced problem-solving. And the plot's resolution is usually obvious from the first 10 minutes of each episode.
>>
>>27051640
>thinking s2 was any better than s4 or s5
you forgot muh wings, muh castle, muh treebury, muh faust and muh EqG.
>>
>>27053219
>Each time, ONE FUCKING CHARACTER carries the entire weight, or has the complete solution on their own.
you mean like from the beginning?
>>
>>27053219
Stop following the mane 6 almost altogether, and start focusing on things like glimmer's education, following the crystal empire royal family, the growing up of their baby, etc
>>
>>27053090
Kinda the same.
He wasn't horrible or anything, but just was not needed.
>>
>>27053219
>There's no complexity or advanced problem-solving. And the plot's resolution is usually obvious from the first 10 minutes of each episode.

But none of these S6 episodes were anything so simple. The last two were slice of life episodes about feelings. A quick logical solution to their problem given by someone else just wouldn't work. If Twilight just walked up and told Apple Bloom "You need to go to that dance class and help the blank flank boy there! Hurry! It's what yo have to do! No feelings, just go!" the entire episode would lose it's point and appeal. It wasn't about dancing or even doing what has to be done. It was about Apple Bloom and her feels.

Same goes for the Rarity/Pinkie episode. The simple point was to show how much the pie sisters care about each-other. If they had a perfect good end without anyone losing anything, nothing would be learned, either. There wouldn't have been a point.

And they even mentioned at the end of the premiere that it was for the best that Glimmer did what needed to be done without Twilight's help.

I think them letting the episode's main character learn things on their own without other "voice of reason" characters being forced in is great and I hope they continue the trend.
>>
love interest
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.