[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he treated better by almost total strangers like the buffalo,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: sdf.png (500 KB, 1802x1324) Image search: [Google]
sdf.png
500 KB, 1802x1324
Why is he treated better by almost total strangers like the buffalo, all of the Crystal Empire, and Starlight Glimmer than his own friends/family? Hell, even those teenage dragons were more willing to accept him and treat him as an equal than the Mane Six.

The part of the premiere where they all mocked him for being a hero was completely undercut by later scenes where it's shown that he genuinely is that heralded in the Crystal Empire. It just makes them all look petty.
>>
>>27044412
Because that's what friends are for. To keep your keep on the ground, hell spike does the same to them but since he doesn't get much screen time we hardly see it
>>
>>27044412
How many times have Twilight+the others saved the day without really bragging about it, anon?

Also, this >>27044561 is quite true, too
>>
>>27044610
They don't have an entire region of Equestria that practically worships them, Anon.
>>
>>27044631
What is Canterlot?
>>
>>27044631
Yet they technically should, seeing that endless night, discord, and in Twilight's case, Tirek was stopped by all of them. Also, it was Twilight who did all the heavy lifting for Spike to play his part as delivery boy.

Then again, these are the same ponies who didn't give a shit about Twilight being a princess in Manehattan and the Mc.Whatevers both were skeptical about alicorns, too.
>>
>>27044674
>>27044670
So is it jealousy?
>>
>>27044561
Keep telling yourself that, we all ready saw at length in Mare Do Well that the mane six are a bunch of jealous catty bitches that can't stand to see anyone else succeed or be popular.

I'm sure we can all look forward to them burning down Rarity's new shops 'for her own good' at some point the in the future.
>>
>>27044412
Because strangers don't know how big of a faggot he is
>>
>>27044694
Nah.
Remember when Dash thought she was hot shit for playing hero, only to get memed on by the other 5 in costumes?
Its about humility..
>>
>>27044711
So it really is about jealousy. They're mad that the one part of their group they give the least value is the only one personally remembered for his accomplishments. See >>27044702 for more.
>>
>>27044412
maybe because mane six treat him as a clumsy little faggot slave

>but he is just a baby dragon!
Five seasons later too? Seriously, even CMC are slowly hitting their teen age
>but he fucks up and mane 6 must save the day!
how about we let him spend some time with other ponies? not only those needy bitches?
>>
>>27044412
>make kewl and strong mane 6 girlz protagonists
>add a little, clumsy male faggot
>>
File: Spike_remorse_S2E10.png (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Spike_remorse_S2E10.png
205 KB, 1280x720
>>27044412
Give her time. Starlight is all friendly with Spike now but soon she'll become friends with the popular girls of the mane 6 and promply drop his scaley ass.
>>
File: snailed_it_by_madacon-d9wqsbm.png (515 KB, 1024x882) Image search: [Google]
snailed_it_by_madacon-d9wqsbm.png
515 KB, 1024x882
>>27044412
I want more interaction between them. Not romance, just friendship and camaraderie. They make a great team.
>>
>>27044720
>They have to be salty because Spike's succeeded at something! Thats why he's beeing treated this way!

Is this what anons meant about Spikefags having a persecution complex?

Twilight's friends were quite happy for her ascending.

They were there to support Dash and the rest of the Ponyville team in Rainbow Falls

They supported Rarity when she was on her Manehattan competition against Suri

Its not like they don't want their friends to succeed or do well for themselves.
>>
>>27044804
They do this "knock them down a peg" for all of them and it's very weird.
>>
>>27044824
Only when the one being knocked down a peg is doing retarded shit
>>
>>27044412
Fluttershy treats him well.
>>
>>27045474
She barely interacts with him.
>>
>>27045551
True, but every interaction has always been good.

And probably not SAYS, but Applejack has also been REALLY good with Spike as well.
>>
>>27044412
Let's wait for next weeks episode it's for him hope they don't screw it up for the 100th time
>>
Spike has saved the day more times than anyone other than Twilight.
>>
>>27045597
Really?
>>
>>27044412
Spike's an armored fire breathing rock eating death machine that spends his time making snacks for his friends. If they started taking him seriously it would ruin plots like remembering Twilights magic would.
>>
>>27045624
If we include the Crystal Heart and being supercharger batteries as saving the day then here we go (this is very broad, so be sure to knock some off)

Over a Barrel (ended the feud)
Lesson Zero (Kept ponyville from pretty much exploding)
Crystal Empire
Spike At Your Service
Equestria Girls
Power Ponies
Inspiration Manifestation
The Crystalling

Arguable ones
Cutie Remark
Friendship Games
Scare-Master (saved Pinkie)
>>
>>27045665
Isn't that why he was not used in The Cutie Map? Also he is so goal oriented that plots revolving him are much more difficult to pull off.
>>
>>27045727
Yep, kind of would have fucked with the plot to have him there.
>>
>>27045928
Ehh, it would have still worked, it just would have been a Spike saves the day episode.
Heck it would have had an interesting moral twist if we consider that his observations may have been ignored since he doesn't have a cutie mark.

Regardless, it would have been a Spike episode if he was there, but it still could work.
>>
>>27046017
I'm curious about the griffon cutie mark episode if it ends in one getting a cutie mark. It has implications for him.
>>
>>27044412

Spike deserve a better life, since the day 1 he don't get actual love
>>
>>27046235
comics aren't canon, but this is a pretty good representation of how twilight treats spike. she's completely self-absorbed and disgusting.
>>
>>27046235
Which comic is this?
>>
>>27046235
Maybe this is why you don't let little kids have a child they raise alone. Most headcanons involve Twilight having Spike be introduced to her family and having them take some responsibility in raising him.

Not only is this sensible, but this also gives Spike a family, why change it?
>>
>>27046723
It makes me want to impregnate twi cause she'll have experience in motherhood.
>>
>>27046312
I really don't think it is that bad. I think the issue is that there isn't a clear definition on their relationship and the writers seem eager to not explore it despite the evidence that most of them see them as siblings.

I can't see why they avoid that, it would actually be easier to write them as brother and sister in the future.
>>
>>27044412
Cause his friends take him for granted.
>>
>>27044803
That pic has all the "crime solvers" vibes over it and now I want it too
>>
>>27046312
That comic ended with Twilight realizing she should treat him like family from then on. Besides, there were enough examples of her being motherly/sisterly to him in the show
>>
>>27047325
Few and far between, sadly.
>>
>>27044412
>>
>>27045678
You forgot Equestria Games and Rainbow Rocks. I don't think Friendship Games counts though since that wasn't dragon Spike.

Scaremaster doesn't count either because they were never in any real danger.
>>
>>27044803
I would be perfectly fine with this, especially if it means they take Spike's romance with Rarity more seriously.

I'm not saying that Spike and Rarity need to be shipped or anything, but it's quite clear that he does still have a crush on her and to date the only real excuse they have for not working with that at all is the whole "they're just good friends"

If Starlight takes over that dynamic a bit then it means that Spike's dynamic with Rarity should change a bit to compensate.

>>27046107
That would basically shatter every single head cannon in existence regarding the other races though
>>
>>27048796
Well they're covering something about it. I wonder if they actually will give a griffon a cutie mark though.
>>
>>27048796
>shattering headcanon
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>27046017
I feel like that's the main reason that Spike episodes suck. He's so overpowered with abilities that he can solve a hell of a lot of problems by himself. So writers either have him conveniently forget that dry wood enemies that can't actually hurt him are something that he shouldn't be afraid of or put the entire universe against him and have a water main break at the worst time possible so that he gets the blame for it. The first way is just stupid and the second is overused. I don't know why they just don't put him in situations where it's a personality conflict instead of danger more often. He could have had some good episodes with any of the other ponies trying to help out (sucks at getting apples out of the tree, but maybe he could scare pests away as a predator, or is disliked by animals but can climb into small holes in a cliffside where Fluttershy won't fit, etc) or just interacted with some of the other characters like against silver spoon or sympathizing with Twist about Apple Bloom leaving her when she got her cutie mark.

What a wasted character.
>>
>>27048973
All of the characters that didn't get Faust's personal love tended to never get it over the course of the seasons. See the Cutie Mark Crusaders in general.
>>
>>27048973
Oh I can think of several episodes that this can work.

I think making him more of a foil to RD is good. She constantly fantasizes with heroes just like he does, only Spike has way more in the way of heroics than she does.

Thus there are multiple plots that can stem from this, such as an episode where she is afraid of embarassing herself in a hoof-wrestle with him.

Or an episode where she is embarassed that she got saved by Spike in front of Daring Do, or where Spike saves her.

Also he has a massive ego as well as having anger issues, and occasionally can be very selfish.These are all great things that Spike episodes can stem from, and all great things that can be used to make him a fascinating foil to RD and AJ.
>>
>>27046235
This situation was very understandable though no nitpicking
>>
>>27044561
This desu senpai why can't you handle the banter
>>
>>27049037
Eh, Luna became a decent character after Faust literally forgot that she existed. Most other characters are basically one shots anyway. Spike's the only permanent character that was made and didn't go anywhere (aside from Celestia, who's at least a thousand years old so probably has gone everywhere she can go).

>>27049158
Judging from Rainbow's fan club in MMDW she's done a lot of heroics in Ponyville. Just counting the Elements of Harmony things she's done at least as much as Spike. Both of them rush into danger when it pops up, but RD has been around more and so done more.
>>
>>27044702
Rainbow Dash did deserve it though. She was being an annoying bitch.
I really doubt Rarity spends her day bragging about her shops when she has to manage the shops instead.
>>
>>27051724
After S3 RD became more focused on Wonderbolt training leading Spike to take the hero role.
>>
>>27051724
Fluttershy and AJ aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>27044412
Starlight sees Spike as an equal, someone who knows more than her about some aspects of life and is willing to help her improve.

The Mane 6 sees Spike as Twilight's faggy baby dragon pet.
>>
>>27051937
Not Fluttershy
>>
>>27051940
fluttershy treats spike ok. see scare master. that being said, the rest of the mane 6 treat fluttershy like shit at times, just like they do spike
>>
>>27051954
The problem with Twilight is that her treatment of Spike is kind of inconsistent, but I can't think after S3 when she has really treated him badly.
>>
>>27044412
It's just banter
>>
>>27051940
Fluttershy treats bunnies as equals, so that means that Spike is looked upon at least as well as a bunny.
>>
>>27052096
I actually think Angel should get his own episode.
>>
>>27052125
It should be a Spike/Angel episode. Spike eats Angel.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.