[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so...i was just thinking: What if Celestia and Luna are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 298145.jpg (32 KB, 461x303) Image search: [Google]
298145.jpg
32 KB, 461x303
Okay, so...i was just thinking:

What if Celestia and Luna are over 2k years old because when they became alicorns or were born so according to the books they got the life expectancy of the astral bodies they re supposed to take care of
Same with Cadance, for love or because the Crystal Empire also got her life increased from normal 'till when whatever she represents dies down

And then we get to Twilight, >pic related, what if she may not outlive her 'friends' because as long she has A friend she cant die since she is the princess of friendship? And also not just the m6 but any friend at all would extend her life if this was the case.
>>
>>27042965
they are going to make all of them alicorns

just you fucking wait anon
>>
>>27042965
no, anon, she'd live as long as magic exists
>>
>>27042965
Palpatine will be her sensei and teach her how to use immortality spells, but he tricks her so all the other 5 die after giving birth to Twibutts children.
>>
>>27042976
this

hasbro will see the money in a new line of mane six princess toys and they'll tell the show team to make it happen
>>
>>27042965
>or were born so according to the books
The books never explicitly said that Celestia and Luna were born alicorns. It just says they were alicorns when Starswirl found them and they were already adults by then. We don't know where they came from before that.
>>
>>27043106
>The books never explicitly said that Celestia and Luna were born alicorns.
Not to mention in the premiere how flurry heart was an oddity for being born an alicorn.
>>
>>27042965
>They have the life expectancy of the Sun/Moon
Who's to say that the sun/moon in their reality aren't eternal things because of magic?

>Twilight wont die because friendship
Not sure about that. If anything else, that statement just means that they wont cover death of a friend in the series due to age, most likely.
>>
File: humpingbooks.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
humpingbooks.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
>>27043146
Thats why this debate about the books beeing canon or not even exists
>>
>>27043191
They aren't. But I suppose they're an ok read while taking a shit. At least you have emergency toilet paper then
>>
>>27042965
Twilight's going to be killed confirmed
>>
This begs the question: why are Celestia and Luna immortal when Twilight and Cadance (presumably) aren't?
>inb4 easy explanation buy toys etc.
>>
>>27042965
>are over 2k years old
they are at least 1000, i have no idea where you got 2k from
>>
>>27043412
I got a number of answers for that.

A. Celestia and Luna aren't naturally immortal, they do/did something to keep themselves from aging.
B. Twilight and Cadance aren't the same or aren't truly alicorns (they lack or are weak in the earth pony department)
>>
>>27043412
Nothing says they're immortal.
>>
>>27043146
Flurry is an oddity because Cadence is like Twilight, an ascended alicorn and when the product when fucking a unicorn turns out to be an alicorn, of course its going to be an oddity.
>>
>>27043412
>why are Celestia and Luna immortal

They are born alicorns.

>Then Twilight and Cadance (presumably) aren't?

They became alicorns through ascension.
>>
>>27043635
That would imply that Flurry Hearts is also immortal. I'm not saying this isn't so, but I doubt it.
>>
>>27043106
Adults and flankflanks until the unicorns begged them to move tthe sun/moon.
>>
>>27043680

Well, there's a chance the McFlurry isn't inmortal despite being born as an alicorn. If we take in consideration something like >>27043617 said.
>>
>>27042976

>twilight doesn't want to outlive her friends
>celestia makes her friends alicorns
>her friends now don't want to outlive their friends+family
>they ask celestia to make everyone alicorns
>celestia isn't having none of that that shit
>she makes all of them normal ponies again
>twilight will now die of old age with them
>everyone is happy except twilight
>>
File: 1458272736977.png (65 KB, 360x185) Image search: [Google]
1458272736977.png
65 KB, 360x185
Is it really that hard for these writers to get just one meeting before production and sit their asses down to check their shit together so they can prevent inconsistencies?
>>
>>27043680

The thing is that Celestia and Luna are supposed to be special despite everything that's happened.

I think Flurry is not immortal, even though being born alicorn.
>>
>>27042965
Twilight Sparkle will be no longer an alicorn in the S6 finale. The mane alicorn six is not going to happen in the future.
>>
File: theres'.png (136 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
theres'.png
136 KB, 640x360
>>27043898
>>
>>27042965
Her friends will outlive her.
>>
>>27042965

Whatever alicorns have very long and stupid life span, so alicorns will outlive every one else even if they got asended.
>>
>>27044107
Did this autistic hive ever sort the Main 6 on life expectancy? This would be my guess:
>Applejack
>Twilight
>Fluttershy
>Rarity
>Rainbow
>Pinkie
Pinkie pretty much only eats sugar so will get cardiovascular diseas, flying into mountains is daily procedure for Rainbow, I foresee Rarity having an unusual (and poor) diet, Flutters is physiologically weak but gets outside a lot, Twilight is probably well-informed on diet and exercise but still can't beat Applejack, who may grow stiff later but will undoubtly live the longest.
>>
>>27042965
Twilight confirmed to be the first to die

final boss battle sacrifice
>>
>>27042965
Under that logic, wouldn't Cadance begin to age and die when her 'love' (i.e., Shining Armor) dies as well?
>>
>>27042965

>Twilight will not outlive her friends

https://soundcloud.com/adham-safena-1/audiomachine-requiem-of-the
>>
File: Headcannon.png (111 KB, 900x760) Image search: [Google]
Headcannon.png
111 KB, 900x760
>>27044212
My own head cannon is that Rainbow Dash dies first from a sudden heart attack, her lifetime of training puts a strain on her heart and when she tries to compete in a race with a team of younger racers, boom! Heart attack.
>>
>>27042965
Also, Megan has been Jossed since then, the writing team has not interest in discussing the topic in a show for little girls as its too depressing so it will be left open FOREVER.
>>
>>27044618
>Also, Megan has been Jossed since then

Which I Think it pretty much answers >>27043820 question.

Why even bother to keep watching if they can't bother to keep consistency?
>>
File: 3838048-lich+king.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
3838048-lich+king.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>27042965
>Twilight will not outlive her friends
>>
>>27042976
Twilight could just get killed first.

Suicide attack go!
>>
>>27042965
Easy, when one dies, everyone loses their friends.
>>
>>27042965
>Twalot realizes that as long as she has at least one friend, she can't die
>EVER
>she decides from now on to focus on making friends at key points in time
>every time she finds out a friend of hers is either ded or about to go ded, she goes to make a new friend
>it's quite easy to do so for her by now, since who wouldn't want to be "friends" with a beeg pone princess, both for friendship and even more if you wanna go lewd with things here
>nerdhorse cheats death for eternity this way, and ends up becoming immortal by using this loophole
>and all as she enjoyed eventually growing into a Celestia-sized alicorn pone and enjoying all the perks of being an immortal goddess whilst ruling for all eternity
>>
>>27047188
I can see Twaith abusing the system like that tbqh
>>
>>27042965
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.