[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazing parts of slice of life >amethyst stars scene >Kevin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Amazing parts of slice of life
>amethyst stars scene
>Kevin
Horrible parts of slice of life
>secret agent bon bon
>twilicane
>featherweight isent auctualy inexperienced that scene made no sense.

Ignoring all the scenes that were bad to good and focusing only on the extremes.

Was it worth it?
>>
>>27039916
the only issue i had was agent sweetie drops, but i guess i can dill with it
>>
>>27039916
>amethyst stars scene
But that was shit and they did literally nothing with her. It's possibly the most amateur writing mistake one could make, introducing a character, then not telling us what she does or show her do anything

The episode is only good for memes, anyone claiming otherwise is a fucking retard
>>
File: 1425442545387.png (135 KB, 473x493) Image search: [Google]
1425442545387.png
135 KB, 473x493
>>27039916
its secret agent sweetie drops, which is the name on her toys.

thats the joke.
>>
>>27039916
10/10 episode.
Special Agent Sweetie Drops was the best part of it.
>>
>>27039933
I think it worked its a concept that needs its own episode doing any more with it in that episode would have felt wrong
I do wish they would hurry up and make her episode though
>>
>>27039940
The shark should have been in that scene not the ride through town
>>
No aspect of it was bad in my opinion....do I care about bg pones? No, I'm not an idiot. Literally the only one I care about was Derpy and she was done perfectly.

You can call the rest "memes", I don't care because that's all they ever were, memes. They were never intended to be popular but they became popular anyway, aka memes.

The only thing about the episode that was bad was not in the handling of characters, or uses of gags like Twilicane, it was that in general the episode was a mess...it was all over the fucking place. That being said that's also fine seeing as it was intended to be a special episode, not a typical episode.

Also, the best part was clearly Gummy.
>>
>>27039967
Oh who am I kidding your right its never going to be an episode they left this huge dangeling plot hook that they will never return to again.

I may have given up hope for an amethyst episode but I'm still going to hold out for a new Trixie one
>>
>>27039916
I think I had a consistent kek the entire episode. Fucking lost it during Gummy
>>
>>27039916
The Octavia/Vinyl "duet" was the cringiest bit, and overplaying the Big Lewbowski visual reference that they really didn't need to dig back up in the first place pretty much killed the episode.
>>
>>27040153
Your right that scene went on a bit long but Octavia and vinyls scene was great why they used the shark jumping gag there instead of a more over the top scene I do not know.
>>
>>27040153
Octy/Vinyl was pure pain. Agreed on Big Lebowski, all that time sunk into a shitty little gag and the resolution to the original problem isn't even fucking from them; it's just bad writing at that point.
>>
>>27040161
It was a great scene if you're hearing impaired I guess.
>>
Every scene with derpy made me cringe. She stopped being funny after season 2 so why did they have to give her an actual speaking role in the episode.

Even when they just hide her in the background it's so obvious and forced every time. Only autists like her now. She's just a shitty meme that should have died a long time ago.
>>
>>27040211
No your waifu is huuurrrr
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>27039916
Those references to Doctor Who. Those could have been worse.
>>
I just found a list of some of the cut scenes
Some I'm very glad we're cut others would have been great especialy with how much of the crap in that episode could be removed to make room.
>>
>>27040296
Shit forgot the link

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/06/ma-larson-reveals-all-sorts-of-fun.html?m=1
I wonder if any of those scenes made it as far as being animated before they were cut
>>
>>27039940
more like a 0/10 episode
jumped the shark, trololo dubstep and some bullshit.
>>
File: Larsoooon.png (157 KB, 262x261) Image search: [Google]
Larsoooon.png
157 KB, 262x261
>>27039916
I lost it at Gummy.

I grindged in the ending morale of twilly.

It was an off season episode, it was plain goodness, but not really part of the show.

Well I mean it was canon by the fact that it was part of the show, but, well, it's not a conventional episode and thus, shall not be judged like one.
>>
>>27040304
cut scenes would never be animated, it is clear after recording and storyboarding how long an episode would take and from that point they would have to cut it down to 22 minutes.
>>
>>27041904
This, definitely.
Good episode but it was nothing like any other out there. It can't really be rated because it was so different.
Gummy/10
>>
>>27039934
it was an in-joke about how Hasbro took the fandom's names on multiple ponies (Octavia, Vinyl, Lyra, who was originally Heartstrings then rebranded Lyra Heartstrings) and then stuck to their own for some others (Bon Bon -> Sweetie Drops, Colgate -> Minuette, Carrot Top -> Golden Harvest, etc).

So it's more of a meta joke, where she leads a double life in fanon as Bon Bon and canon as Sweetie Drops.
>>
File: 1439611051651.jpg (21 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
1439611051651.jpg
21 KB, 600x357
>>27039916
Personally I found the 'Do Princesses dream of electric sheep' Episode much more egregious than Slice of Life. They had a good reason to act silly and make an episode that was totally nothing like the rest of the show full of pandaring with SoL. But then 2 episodes later they do even more shitty forced memes and sillyness because 'lel it's a dream' such as giant Derpy, fused Lyra and Bon Bon, bringing back Flutterbat, Twilight rebuilding the treehouse etc. It was just really annoying and felt like totally unjustified pandering. I get that they probably wanted to make the last episode before the mid-season hiatus memorable, but it's still pretty shit.

That said, I wish the gay ass Wubstep scene or the Lebowski scene was cut/shortened so they could insert that amazing scene where the Royal Guards begin mocking the bickering Princesses, or following up on the Amethyst scene a bit. Even just like a passing comment like 'wow Amethyst you did a great job' or whatever would've worked, it just feels kind weird that they set that plot point up and totally drop it when they resolve all their other jokes/scenes (Even the Lebowski scene had some closure).
>>
>>27042163
>I get that they probably wanted to make the last episode before the mid-season hiatus memorable, but it's still pretty shit.

Ironically if they had ended on Amending Fences I think they would have succeeded rather than end on such a shit episode that literally made Luna into a whiny self-harming teenager.
>>
>>27042163
>not even mentioning Princess Big Mac

it was a pretty shit episode tbqh familia
>>
>>27039916
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.