[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New episode >turns out only sweetie bell can sing >later
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
New episode
>turns out only sweetie bell can sing
>later apple bloom sings a solo song???
>?????
>profit?
>>
They can all sing, but they can only sing for the sake of the plot. If the plot doesn't demand for a song, then they are shit at singing.
>>
Apple bloom used the magical power of the rainbow friendship fairies to sing.
>>
>>27039866
This. The musical aspects are there for entertainment value, not for canonical value.

It's a thing as old as musicals themselves....in Grease Danny couldn't sing but yet he sings a bunch of songs flawlessly, it happens in musicals, and yes MLP is a musical series
>>
>>27040017
Kind of like that guy pointed out in that everything wrong with the cutie remark video

If nobody can be better then the worst pony at anything how did they sing so well was nobody in the village a bad singer
>>
>>27040017
But what about them singing the anthem?
>>
>>27039801
being able to sing and being able to sing from a sheet are not the same thing.

most likely Applebloom and Scootaloo are only able to play by ear.
>>
>>27040061
Wasent that sheet just gibberish
>>
>>27040078
No, that was genuine music.
>>
>>27040078
it was missing some key parts that would tell the person how to actually treat what's seen when playing/singing, plus it was just the same four bars repeated with more mess stacked atop it.

unless it's been too long since band.
>>
>>27040047
It's true man, but it's also kind of a pointless thing to pick at. The musical sequences are there the same way they are in a musical production, it's to tell the story through song for our entertainment as viewers, not necessarily to say "hey, this character REALLY has pipes!"

I can't argue against it not making sense, but I enjoy musicals because I'm a fag, a big part of why I love MLP is the music, so I'd much rather have it than go without it just to make more sense to the canon.

>>27040051
Same logic applies.

>>27040061
This is also a valid point.

Another thing is, MLP is ever so slightly meta with shit...like remember when Rainbow Dash was like "ponies breaking out into song and dance at random? WHO DOES THAT?", even though it happens all the freaking time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.