[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now it finally comes down to this. A week of waiting for what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12
File: newdragons.png (265 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
newdragons.png
265 KB, 851x315
Now it finally comes down to this. A week of waiting for what will probably be the most important Spike episode in four seasons. Hopes? Things that you would dread?

Kinda sucks it probably won't have a song, but I'm more concerned if a certain writer from S5 handled this.
>>
>>27032987
This is probably the last chance for a good Spike episode, but I'm anxious as fuck
>>
>>27033055
Given how S6 is going so far, this might be one of the first episodes that isn't just mediocre.
>>
>>27032987
It's gonna be Dragon Quest and Equestria Games combined.
>>
>>27032987
This will either be the best Spike episode yet or will end any chance of any Spike episode ever being good again.
With our writers, I'm scared.
>>
>>27032987
I thought it was this week.
It was why I slept in today.
>>
>>27033702
Didn't miss anything today anyway. Only thing worse than a Spike episode at times is an Apple Bloom episode.
>>
>>27032987
It isn't even hard to write Spike well, which makes me question how the writers fuck up again and again.
>>
>>27033791
The same way they fuck up writing Applejack as interesting when she is the main character: there's really no major character quirks that cause a lot of conflict or if there are they already have been done.
>>
File: 814047__safe_princess+celestia.gif (205 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
814047__safe_princess+celestia.gif
205 KB, 600x500
>>27032987
I am afraid. I swear, if they fuck it up...
>>
>>27033814
He is egotistical.
Eager to impress
He can be incredibly greedy and selfish at times.

Part of the reason Spike has so many bad episodes is because:
>They haven't committed themselves to giving him a goal to strive for beyond Twilight's assistant (not hard, he enjoys being a hero)
>They pit him pretty much alone with no one else to work with (they blew this opportunity with Princess Spike where Cadance could have been a valuable foil and somehow managed to fuck up Spike at Your Service when this plot easily could have worked well)

When you give Spike something to work for or give him characters to work with...suddenly....amazingly you realize that the stories keep becoming better.

In a similar vain, Twilight absolutely still could have stories written about her, but amazingly the writers can't find anything to do with Twilight and Spike outside of having them save the day.
>>
>>27033887
I think this comes down to a similar thing about their cold feet with Celestia. They're so afraid that it won't be good enough that they don't even try.
>>
>>27033906
We don't even know much about Celestia, and I think the fear is that any personality flaws will be intently analyzed because she is supposed to be ruling a nation.

It is the same boat Luna has ended up in, she has little conflict outside of the Nightmare Moon ordeal.
>>
>>27033930
Celestia is even worse off because she didn't have the screen time Luna has had since S2.

Anyway, about Spike: Dragon Lord obviously means something and given the OP picture it's probably related to internal magic.
>>
>>27032987
Because you’re my little brother! And even when I’m an old pony and you’re a giant dragon, you’re still gonna be my little brother…Spike, I don’t care if you wanna grow up, I just wanna be by your side while you do it.
>>
Spike, please. I know your first love seems like the only love, but trust me, it’s not. You have so much life ahead of you…Spike, you need to have a life. Have fun. Then try to find your own special somepony.
>>
Please, I came because I don’t think Spike belongs here. Family isn’t about whose blood you have in you, family is about the ponies who cared about you and took care of you. We’re not the same blood, but I love my little brother. We’ve taken care of him because he needed us to, and that makes us more family than anything.
>>
>>27034037
>>27034081
>>27034175
What is this supposed to be? I doubt Twilight will even talk to him in this episode.
>>
Will we get character development for Spike?
>>
>Spike episode
>good

K E K
E
K
>>
>>27034219
Sounds like future episode morals.
>>
>>27034260
Equestria Games and Inspiration Manifestation.
>>
>>27033814
Or god it's you again.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 1920x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 1920x820
>You are a god among insects, Spike
>Never let them tell you different
>>
I just want the question of the origin of his egg solved.
>>
>>27034398
I don't know if I want them to cover that much.
>>
File: 83723838.png (483 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
83723838.png
483 KB, 1280x720
>>27033814
>there's really no major character quirks that cause a lot of conflict
There ARE but the autistic fags somehow believe Applejack is not allowed to freak out over her sister's safety with her parental history but Dash DESTROY a weather factory--relied on by two cities--over her pet hibernating for a little while is perfectly acceptable.

Applejack has quirks but for some reason is held to this god awful high standard and is punished for stepping out of her box by the same fags that want her to something "interesting".
>>
Do we know who's writing this episode?
>>
>>27034445
There are better ways to do it than Somepony to Watch Over Me, that came out of absolutely nowhere. Dash is a cunt who would do something like that, AJ never was shown to be that overprotective.

Spike doesn't have the same problem because people just dislike anything he does.
>>
>>27034469
Sadly not yet. Hoping that it's Haber himself.
>>
>>27034473
>that came out of absolutely nowhere
>AJ never was shown to be overprotective.
You can't be serious.

The conflict and concern was legitimate. AJ's methods were too given how far she's goes when she sets her mind on something (ep.4, S2ep14 S3e8). It's been said in show she's like a Twilight in preparation of her interest.
At some point Applejack would have to confront her family's mortality again. How her response took form in SPWOM is understandable and happens far too often in today's world. Nothing here was unexpected or a surprise and Applejack even started to back off without being told to.
>>
>>27034624
I don't know, I always assumed AB was just accepted to be rather independent.

Apple Bloom also is a bit like Spike: generally her episodes are underwhelming or misunderstood. STWOM and today's episode definitely apply.
>>
>>27033930
No, they've flat-out said the reason they don't do Celestia episodes is because they want to have a good story to go with it. They don't want to make one "just because" and try to force it.
>>
>>27035887
They've had six seasons. How have they not come up with good enough of an idea for her when they've done with Luna?
>>
So how does he even get into this predicament? Dragons don't really interact with ponies and vise versa. Who is forcing him to compete and why? Garble's gang? That seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through just because he showed them up one time. Not to mention contrived considering if he wins he gets a fancy new title. Why not just jump him in an alley?
>>
>>27034445
Applejack is the "straight man," the mature one. Of course people hold her to a higher standard. Rainbow fucking things up by being immature is just par for the course, because Rainbow is impulsive and prone to overreacting once the situation cracks through her casual nature.

I'm not saying AJ shouldn't be overprotective of her family, because that's her #1 thing, but saying she shouldn't be held to a higher standard of maturity is just ridiculous.
>>
>>27035937
Ehhh, I could come up with ideas, but I don't know if they would be good stories.
>>
>>27034398
I'm still hoping his egg was a gift to Celestia from Scorpan as a sign of friendship; it would also be a nice nod to G1 where Scorpan was looking after Spike from Tirek. S4 left a lot open to explore with him.
>>
>>27035970
Presumably there's some sort of friendship problem among dragons. Hopefully they use the map again.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-09+at+07.05.02).png (41 KB, 833x506) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-09+at+07.05.02).png
41 KB, 833x506
>>27035937
From the onset, Luna's always been built on an internal struggle. It's not difficult to keep playing off of how she feels about her past crimes.

Celestia actually did have a scene in Amending Fences where she laments the way she treated her sister, according to Larson, but it was cut due to time constraints.
>>
File: 1457325326483.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457325326483.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>27036018
Oh yeah, forgot about that little plot device.
>>
>>27036087
Please don't fuck the map, anon
>>
>>27036087
I'm guessing that somehow the ponies get caught by either just being ponies in the Dragonlands or upsetting them in some way.
>>
File: My Little Feels.jpg (83 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
My Little Feels.jpg
83 KB, 500x377
>>27036034
God fucking Dammit, that would have been great.
>>
Remember the slice of life Mentally Advanced episode where Twilight and Spike just talk about Owlicious?

Hasbro needs to do shit like that
>>
>>27036034
Well, the most natural conflict for Celestia based purely on her appearances in the show would be her perfection distancing her from others and her internal bitterness at having to cover for everyone's mistakes.

ya know, slice of life stuff...
>>
>>27035979
You claim high standard of maturity from a character that nearly work herself to death over pride; and fell to the same level and Dash and Rarity over a fight in season one.

>Applejack is the "straight man," the mature one.
Twilight is also the "straight man" and "mature one" in the series. In fact that was one of the gags of ep. 1 and 2: that Twilight stepped into town with "a bunch of crazy ponies". The rest of the season had things seen through Twilight's eyes with us as the viewers relating to most of her reactions and observing as she took in what the lesson of the episode was.

Yet Twilight was applauded in Lesson Zero for her step out of character, as if was common place for her to attack a town, stalk children and NOT already know that Celestia isn't as hard as Twilight think she is(you know from those other THREE times in season one).

But somehow AJ is out of character for wanting to be perfect in set up the family reunion the first time she does it or protect her sister after an accident. And these same fags get triggered cause AJ was right in what she believed in during Cider Season or got mad cause AJ "dare to leave her farm" in The Last Roundup. Fuck them.
>>
>>27036629
The thing is, those are all very adult things to worry about. Being overwhelmed by work, worrying about your family, finance -- those are all things with which any adult can relate. Just going beyond what's healthy doesn't make it immature.

>and NOT already know that Celestia isn't as hard as Twilight think she is
What are you talking about? It was more about Twilight's own neurotic perfectionism than any actual fears of Celestia.

>But somehow AJ is out of character
AJ wasn't at all out of character. That's just dumb.
>>
>>27036776
>AJ wasn't at all out of character. That's just dumb.
I agree. But that's a common complain in half her episodes: OOC OOC!
>>
>>27032987
I'm worried I think spike will be fine in it but I'm afraid it will be horrible for dragon lore at first I was expecting dragontown levels of civilised dragons but with the high quality if the season so far I don't think it will be quite that bad but still pretty bad.

I also want Dragonlord to be little more then a sporting title
>>
>>27037793
I don't think people will receive dragons accepting pony friendship methods that well
>>
>>27036087
>plot device
>that pic
This is going too meta.
>>
>>27036034
I'm going to rewatch that episode and see if there were any scenes they should have cut instead.
>>
>>27037414
Those are just people who hate Applejack or want the background meme to carry on, personally, I think she never was OOC in any of her episodes.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.