[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you ready for the next alicorn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11
File: large.png (593 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
593 KB, 724x1024
You know starlight's going to become one this season: Like sunset shimmer, like starlight.
>>
File: bill.jpg (24 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
24 KB, 500x380
>>27008557
>You know starlight's going to become one this season: Like sunset shimmer, like starlight.
>Like sunset shimmer
>>
File: large.jpg (285 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
285 KB, 819x1024
>>27008575
>>27008575
Don't act like its not true: Starlight is basically FIM's version of sunset since they can't yank her from monster high world. And we all know how that ended up in Friendship games...
>>
>>27008647
yeah but it'd be too fast if starlight just becomes an alicorn. At best, she'll gain a powerup mode.
>>
>>27008557
I can make this change work in a way that most will like it.
>>
>>27008557
They said in the FG commentary she is not one so you are wrong.
>>
>>27008647
what about humanset? she hasnt existed yet.

what if she comes to equestria?
>>
File: sunset.png (61 KB, 304x369) Image search: [Google]
sunset.png
61 KB, 304x369
>>27008820
Horns? Check
Wings? Check
Full usage of the EOH turning her into a super mode? Check

I don't see how that's NOT an alicorn. She's also got wings in the new toyline. Theyr'e talking out their ass if they say she's not one since she's full time winged now.

>>27008743
The show's going to be ending with S6 by all indications, gotta do it fast if they want to sell those toys.
>>
>>27008887
You don't need to be an alicorn to use the EOH's power, and her wings are just make-believe monster high shit. Even Satan Sunset and Midnight Sparkle had wings in the human world
>>
>>27008910
>Even Satan Sunset
That was basically a corrupted alicorn form for her like nightmare moon was for luna.

And once more, She has Wings full time in the upcoming Toyline: I don't see how they're "make believe" when they're a permanent part of her now
>>
>>27008887
This is not confirmed to be the last season.
>>
>>27008933
They're not.
Again I take the word over the director of the film over your own acoustic headcanon.
>>
>>27008934
Oh come now, Writers leaving left and right and zero attempts to replace those jumping ship?
The movie coming up here in just a year?
And the ad for a new head of MLP a year ago that spoke of it like they were going to be a heading a brand new brand and not taking over an existing one?

it doesn't take much to see the writing on the wall there :p
The movie's almost assuredly going to be the last: at most we might get a half season for S7 to act as filler, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>27008949
Guardians of Harmony would replace the main show if anything.
>>
>>27008946
Once again, part of the toyline. When they're sitting right there, PHYSICALLY on the toys of her, I don't see how you can deny they're a permanent upgrade. they might have said that in the commentary, but if hasbro demands that Sunset shimmer keep the wings, which they seem to have done, the staff has to do as they're told.
>>
>>27008949
The movie is gonna tie into G4.
I doubt they would seriously consider ending the series now.
>>
>>27008887
>The show's going to be ending with S6 by all indications
https://youtu.be/ySkafsRm9po
>>
>>27008962
Toys are toys t b h.
Until I see it in the films I won't buy it
>>
Why does Starlight need to be an alicorn?
She can be upgraded other ways and upgraded beyond alicorn status.
>>
File: large.jpg (68 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
68 KB, 720x960
>>27008958
Eh, guardians of harmony looks to be just a glorified Collectors edition of toys aimed at bronies and the few boys that watch the show.
There MIGHT be a made for TV movie, but based on how all the toys seem to be based on pre-existing stuff from the show and comics, I doubt we're getting a full on GOH series.

We'd get an EQG cartoon before a GOH cartoon IMO.
>>
>>27008933
why do shimmerfags keep giving these embarrassing displays of delusion? It never ends
>>
>>27008990
EQG is in decline. The series is over.
>>
>>27008967
By "season's ending with S6" I should say I mean that Season six is the final season and the movie is the grand finale.
the movie is one of the big reasons for the show looking to be ending with S6. It syncs up perfectly with how long they pledged to support toys for the show 3 years ago.

>>27008988
Why did they make Flurry heart an alicorn?
Alicorns are princesses; Princesses sell toys.
>>
>>27009006
Girls also like to be magical superheroes.

Also that is fucking retarded to end the series with a movie, considering you want to sell toys.
>>
>>27009006
Issue is that if they ended with S6, then there would be decline in wanting to watch the movie. It's more feasible that S7 will be last, leading up to the airing of the movie.
>>
>>27008991
I really don't see how its delusional. Sunset shimmer is THE focus of the equestria girls series: Without her, there is no series.
You could yank out one of the other five and not much would change, but Sunset is the core of what equestria girls is. She's the leader, the destined chosen one, and her Super alicorn human form at the end of FG kind of proves it.

Plus, once more, Her EQG 4 Toys outright SHOW her with wings. What more do you want?
>>
>>27009023
Why would they make a movie that?
A. Can't get a sequel
B. Won't start a new toyline
>>
>>27009028
A. Because if the first movie doesn't make any money, why make a sequel?
B. i have no doubt there is/will be a toyline.
>>
>>27009020
>Girls also like to be magical superheroes.
And alicorns are basically princess super heroes. It hits mulitple demographics.

Its why hasbro loves alicorns so much, you get people who like twilight "because she's a princess", and you get people who like her for being able to go super saiyan in Twilight's kingdom. Same thing with sunset.
Plus sunset's entire motivation for villainy seemed to be to want to be a princess
>>
>>27009044
A toyline for a dead series?
>>
>>27009026
>Plus, once more, Her EQG 4 Toys outright SHOW her with wings
[citation needed]
>>
>>27009000
Proof?
>>
>>27008557
The best indicator is an alicorn Glimmer toy. Are there any?
>>
>>27009052
seems like the series is still going to me.
>>
>>27009051
oh no, but alicorns are too stock, at least digimon have multiple forms

why can't starlight get an upgrade that's beyond alicorn or different from other alicorns.
>>
>>27009061
I meant for the movie.
Why end the series if you want to sell toys with it?
>>
>>27009059
none. again at best, glimmer pulls a S1E2 moments and lets friendship into her heart and powers up to fight the big bad.
>>
>>27008990
Actually the opposite, it is likely GoH gets the same treatment as EqG and maybe a spin-off TV show while EqG itself will fade to webisodes/shorts at best.
>>
File: 423434242.png (225 KB, 337x409) Image search: [Google]
423434242.png
225 KB, 337x409
>>27009054
I already posted it already. Her EQG 4 toy has wings.
>>
>>27009067
same reason they ended LPS, the toys aren't selling.
>>
>>27009062
Yeah, Hasbro can do better with Starlight than just making her a simple alicorn.
>>
>>27009076
And why are you so sure of this?
>>
>>27009079
looks like dress accessories.
>>
>>27009081
Why would they plan a huge movie and another new toyline (Guardians of Harmony) for a dead series?
>>
>>27009081
Actually the toy sales were increasing; Hasbro's prez even talked about how happy they were with LPS growing.

For some reason they decided they'd need to end the Series that's selling well and try to repackage it :/
>>
>>27009092
where's her cutie mark? i see no blue on that flank.
>>27009096
in a last ditch effort to make lightning strike twice?
>>
File: large.png (691 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
large.png
691 KB, 750x900
All this talk of starlight... when are we going to get the mane six as alicorns? They deserve it more.
>>
>>27009115
Fuck alicorns.

Why don't we just give them all a unique upgrade?
>>
>>27009096
Movie's take a long time to make; They probably greenlit the movie during S3 when FIM was Red hot, and was banking on the show staying just as popular till they could get it out.

It can be hard to time things.
>>
>>27009000
Bull, the equestria girls minis toys have been flying off the shelves like crazy. FG's toys may have sucked balls, but the minis more than made up for it.
>>
>>27008984

dude, If your are not buying some 'Toy' that mean no show for all of us and
tree of harmony plastic molding machine @ Hasbro Factory is broken
So, No Calling in the Show until somebody fixed it OK !!
>>
Isn't it a little dumb to have S6 feature Starlight as a student if this was the last season?
>>
>>27009134
This. The mini toys will ensure EqG continues to live. Again even if the movies didn't get a lot of views remember that the show has pretty abysmal ratings as well and it isn't going anywhere.
Anyways, Hasbro admitted that the one of the bigger factors in decline in EG sales was the fact that there's only a yearly movie advertisign the product. The logical step is a series
>>
>>27009087
Minis are the only part of EqG that sells well and the movies don't look like the toys, web shorts do.

Hasbro absolutely fucked up with FG and it hurt them and the entire MLP brand in the process.
>>
>>27008962
>part of the toyline. When they're sitting right there, PHYSICALLY on the toys of her
So are the toys of Princess Skyla.
>>
>>27009166
Considering the fact that the only place to put a series is the dying DFC, not too sure. I think both it and GoH just might get movies.
>>
>>27009172
You just hate FG for not being fun like the first two films.

I am sorry Hasbro won't put aliens and robots into EQG yet.
>>
File: smirk.png (82 KB, 740x270) Image search: [Google]
smirk.png
82 KB, 740x270
>>27009182
>I am sorry Hasbro won't put aliens
EqG only has one alien, anon, and Twilight was there illegally
>>
>>27009182
>You just hate FG for not being fun like the first two films.

Different anon here, but, Uh, YEAH. I expect a movie to be FUN and entertaining, not dogshit.

I don't give a shit about robots and aliens, but I do demand a movie that's not shit. Which FG wasn't, hence its toysales selling like shit.
They really have alot riding on the upcoming 4th one to convince hasbro to keep making them, since the minis are stuff from the old movies.

on that note, This is one reason I hate shimmefags: Friendship games was a giant masturbation fest to Sunset, and it sold like SHIT, yet you won't hear any of them admit that FG was anything but the second coming.
>>
>>27009172
How did they fuck up with FG?
And the minis DO look like the movie designs. Like way more than the toy designs.
The only thing Hasbro fucked up with FG is not releasing it at the same time as the toys IIRC.
>>
>>27009155
I hope this happens yeah.
>>
File: medium(22).png (131 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
medium(22).png
131 KB, 800x450
starlight can be better than just a simple alicorn.
>>
>>27009199
But it was literally the best written one of the three movies, regardless how poorly the shitty toys sold or how shit the general audience's opinions are.
>>
>>27009220
Well written? the shadowbolts were a giant plot tumor, there was massive amounts of plot cutting that was still plainly there (Look at how the original ending focused more on the shadowbolts making up with the wonderbolts), and it had basically no villain except cinch, who was shit.

>Its not the movie's fault that people hated it. they just don't understand a good movie! TOTALLY NOT THAT IT WAS SHIT!
>>
>>27009218
isn't it a bit fast though? one season going from unicorn to alicorn. that's faster than twilight.
>>
>>27009218
Those wings are so cute.
>>
>>27009200
They had to change the movie at a point when you typically do not change anything and throw out hundreds of hours of work. It was a mess.

>>27009231
>>27009220
It being not well written explicitly was the reason it failed. And I mean that because production had to have been a disaster.
>>
>>27009233
You can sort of sidestep it in a way too if you want to get it out of the way fast. Just don't make her an actual alicorn.
>>
>>27009220
>But it was literally the best written one of the three movies,
not really. the movie was too short, the antagonists were the antithesis of the main cast but didn't bother doing anything meaningful with some of them.
>>
>>27009241
And what change was that
>>
>>27009241
The first Equestria Girls had a late production change.
Originally Spike was always supposed to join Twilight in the adventure.
>>
>>27009218
Cute!
>>
>>27009233
She's under twilight's direct tutalage though, and is a magical prodigy that is somehow more powerful than twilight, the ELEMENT OF MAGIC herself (and an alicorn to boot).

I think its pretty telling that starlight was amongst the alicorns repairing the crystal heart in the premier too.
>>
>>27009231
The movie was largely focused on Twilight and how she became corrupted by the magic she was collecting, and in that she was very well developed.

>>27009241
>It being not well written explicitly was the reason it failed.
That measures the quality by
>popularity
or lack thereof in this case, which I disagree is any objective measure of quality at all. Again, just because the general audience is filled with easily-impressed retards who can't grasp a deeper story than "bad things came from other world and the only way to beat them is thru friendship and music! :DD"
>>
>>27009268
She doesn't even have to necessarily become an alicorn either.
>>
>>27009249
Honestly, The shadowbolts seem like they'd had an original idea of "lets make an anti-mane six" and then decided "Fuck that shit, The other 4 can cheer, this is about Sunset and Twilight", and they just couldn't cut out the shadowbolts at that point.

Sunny flair literally gets one single line and that's it. That's not even "badly characterized" that's like when you leave in a character in an RPG without coding for lines.
>>
>>27009268
>a magical prodigy that is somehow more powerful than twilight
she was better in combat, there's a difference.

>I think its pretty telling that starlight was amongst the alicorns repairing the crystal heart in the premier too.
now i think you're reading too much into it. Sunburst could have just as easily done it too.
>>
>>27009274
>or lack thereof in this case, which I disagree is any objective measure of quality at all. Again, just because the general audience is filled with easily-impressed retards who can't grasp a deeper story than "bad things came from other world and the only way to beat them is thru friendship and music! :DD"

Once again, Defending a shit movie with "ITS YOUR FAULT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW AWESOME IT IS"
>>
>>27009289
>Sunburst could have just as easily done it too.
Sunburst is good at magical theorum, not magic itself; he himself admits he's not a wizard.

I doubt he'd have been able or capable of helping, his character is set up as someone with knowledge but virtually no power.
>>
File: Glim and glib.png (463 KB, 812x638) Image search: [Google]
Glim and glib.png
463 KB, 812x638
>>27009292
Well, yeah it kind of is your fault for being retarded.
>>
>>27009302
but that still didn't mean starlight is somehow meant to be an alicorn just because she was helping out.
>>
Honestly, Friendship games flopping in sales makes sense to me.

here you go, introducing a crapton of recolor OCs of the mane cast. Remember how well that shit worked in Transformers: the movie, introducing a bunch of new people when people just want to see their favorites? Yeah. so, half the toys are of these people nobody gives a shit about, you're already at a disadvantage.

next up, you make the toyline's crown jewel be about giving a super form to twilight and sunset and shove the other 4 into the cold. Even if twilight is slightly more popular than the others, she's not THAT much more popular: she's not Like optimus of transformers, she is roughly on par with the others. You gotta share, you gotta care, yeah? So you shove the other 4 out into the cold here and focus on sunset and starlight and piss off the fans of the other 4, and you don't even HAVE a toy of sunset's super form.

Rainbow power sold well because it was a super form for *all* of the six, so you were able to rake in toy sales from all the fans. But you just set yourself up to alienate 5/7 of the fans here by doing deluxe things for twilight and sunset and kicking the others into the cold.

So, you got 5 new Recolors that nobody gives a shit about, slight alienation issues for die hard fans of singular characters, ATROCIOUS character designs (like, what? the characters in FG were uglier than normal), plus a questionable and rushed movie plot to boot.

How did they expect it to work?
>>
>>27009371
>So, you got 5 new Recolors that nobody gives a shit about
we'd care more if they gave them better, more relateable characters
>>
>>27009397
Coulda woulda shoulda. Its still a risky endeavor introducing any new character. There's tons of characters with characterization that people dislike, like snips and snails.

So there's still no guarantee that they'd have been popular even if they took more time and focus making them fleshed out.
>>
>>27008887
>The show's going to be ending with S6 by all indications,
ALREADY PAID FOR
L
R
E
A
D
Y

P
A
I
D

F
O
R
>>
>>27008962
Toys have things that aren't the case on the show all the time just yesterday I brought my sister a pinkie pie with markings on her leg and face for no real reason
>>
>>27009006
Have they referred to flurry heart as a princess at all
>>
>>27009051
>And alicorns are basically princess super heroes
That would explain the sisters not being useless for once in the new season
>>
>>27009122
They probably will do that, if it means selling a Princess Rainbowcorn or something.
>>
>>27008887
>ending
XD
>>
>>27008990
Discord will be a main villain in the Guardians of Harmony.
>>
>>27009092
Twilight had no wings in this wallpaper and she'll be replaced with Starlight Glimmer as the new princess of Equestria and it's canon.
>>
I'm just amazed how people can consistently keep making the world a worse place, in a way that defies any common sense.

I feel like one of the writers joked, "Hey wouldn't it be awful if we added a superbaby and a third twilight sparkle?" And Hasbro just looked at them and said, "Good idea. Do it."
And when the other writers protested they were pushed out.

The writing for our world is almost worse. Anyone notice we're starting to become a dystopian scifi parody?
>>
>>27010415
I like all of that stuff and think they should go further.
>>
>>27010516
You like getting a rise out of people.
>>
>>27010664
Nonono I legit like almost everything thrown at me barring the Breezie spell and how retarded the EQG characters are.
>>
>>27010668
What was wrong with the breezie spell
>>
>>27010769
Made Twilight too powerful to the point of not seeming relatable anymore.
>>
>>27010784
Obviously this is why they are introducing starlight; she's the new twilight!
>>27010328
It'd be nice, be better than him being a pussywhipped good guy now
>>27009519
...several times. And on the toy boxes.
>>27009570
Rainbow dash will never be a princess. nor the other 5.
>>27009508
Up to season 6. not any season past that.
>>
>>27012157
>Twilight Sparkle will never be a P-princess.
>>
>>27012396
Twilight was an obvious choice for Princessdom: She's was stated to be a leader in winter wrap up, she's the protege of a god princess, and she had no real goal in life while still having a definite amount of ambition to do something with her life (compare how AJ has no goal but also has no ambition)

On the other hand, rainbow dash is thick as lard, is shown to defer to authority and smarter individuals like twilight.
Additionally, her entire life's goal is to be a wonderbolt, not a princess: She can't really be both here.
Rainbow dash is horrifically unlikely to be a princess except in the most train wreckiest of mandates.
>>
>>27012455
>Implying continuity and story that have already been established matters to Hasbro.
They'll butcher it all, if it means selling toys.
>>
>>27012692
I doubt they will go too far, there needs to be a passable show to advertise the products. A child wouldn't want the toys if the show is boring/bad
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.