[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Invited to pony related meet-up, need advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I'm having a dilemma, /mlp/.

This past year I've basically lost all my friends through a series of circumstances that are beyond my control. Two moved away for a better chance at finding a sustainable living, another moved because of a promotion, and another just turned into a total asswipe. So that leaves me with no friends and very few options to hang out with anyone like-minded. Personal blog aside...

At a party last summer, I ended up meeting a cool dude who happened to be the admin for my area's MLP group on meetup and invited me into the group on Facebook. There have been tons of events since then but I haven't gone to any of them. Out of curiosity because of the onset of crippling loneliness/boredom, I perused the groups past events and, honestly, it was a mixed bag, There were maybe one or two normal guys and the rest of them were obvious "brony" stereotypes. All of them had pony OCs or furry avatars as their profile pics and probably some form of autism.

Now I'm not saying I'm not a weird fuck myself (I own merch, and a few shirts because I like buying shit), but I don't want to descend further into pure autism than I already have. On the other hand though, I have literally no hobbies or interests aside from the usual "I watch netflix and listen to music" that I could use to make myself more interesting as a human being.

Do you guys have any experience with pony meetups? How did they end up? Make any cool friends?
>>
File: where do.jpg (35 KB, 700x509) Image search: [Google]
where do.jpg
35 KB, 700x509
>>27003596
>Do you guys have any experience with pony meetups?
>meetups
>>
>>27003596
> I don't want to descend further into pure autism than I already have
You're already here, it's too late
>>
>>27003596
I never went to pony related meetups, but I have been on imageboard-related ones. It's a 50/50, just try one, have fun, it's not like they will know whether you laugh at their shit jokes or their autism. If it's shit, never attend again, that's it.
Just go and give friendship a chance
>>
>>27003628
This one's going to be at a diner so if it does end up being a total buzzkill at least I'll get to distract myself with food.
>>
>>27003596
Give it a shot.
>>
>>27003645
Very well, then, it is settled. I mean, who the fuck doesn't like food, righto? Order like you are having the meal of your life, I mean, it's autism, and you got a seat to watch it from the front why not eat something good, while at it
>>
>>27003645
Make sure to bring the plush of your waifu with you.
>>
>>27003596
I'd say from experience, just do it.

Meet new people, try new things. You might like it, you might hate it. You could meet another potential friend there. Can't know for certain unless you give it a shot.
>>
>>27003596
Worst that can happen is you take a picture and we have fun giving all the faces nicknames.
Best is that you have fun.
>>
>>27003596
Just think of it as going to a convention except there's way less people and no guest stars.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.