[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The brony fandom, where animators are better game designers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
The brony fandom, where animators are better game designers than the programmers.
Fuck you and your ass-backwards fanbase.

Good creative animation which understands the concept of a game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lv54aQ-vyk

Shitty flash jumping obstacle course without animation.
http://fearlesspie.deviantart.com/art/Pipsqueak-s-Thunder-Plunder-306735994
>>
Failure: the fandom.
>>
>>26980390
This kind of stuff is actually pretty easy for an animator.
Animators just have to animate simple walkcycles, jump animations, and a slice animations to be reused for absolutely everything. It'd be time consuming, but it's not game design at all. Just simple flash symbols on loop ready to be thrown onto the stage when needed.
>>
>>26980390
>animators are better game designers than the programmers
That has nothing to do with the brony fandom. Programming and designing are completely different abilities. Most programmers can't draw shit, most designers can't program shit, that's why real games are made by lots of people with different abilities.
That said, if designers were simple better, kanashiipanda would have turned his video into a game, but, i quote:
>I am not making this into a game. This was just to test cycles. I do not know how to program nor do I intend to learn how. My apologies.
Your rant was stupid.
>>
>>26980725
1) Game makers in our fandom don't even know how to program themselves a shitty little Mario game.
2) Game devs in our fandom can't even design by common sensical logic "is this fun? is this good?" no they just spend 5 minutes hackneying it together and there done, they never look back at the piece of turd they shit out.
>>
>>26980806
But that isn't about brony programmers, that's a failure in the fandom as a whole. We've kind of built this fandom as a "safe place", people can do monstrous atrocities and nobody will complain as long as it has ponies on it. I mean, there are awful remixes out there, there are ugly as fuck drawings out there, there are all that kind of stuff. Above all of them, why complaining about the games?
Besides, "we" have some fine games. Just to name a few, Legends of Equestria is buggy as fuck but is cute, and Banned Forever had simple graphics but I think it was funny.
I really can't see your point.
>>
>>26980867
You actually do understand my point very clearly. Thanks for noticing.
>>
>>26980806
You obviously haven't been looking deep enough in what is considered the "Fandom."

Allot of the games out there are stealth, as in hidden from public view, except for a few soft releases. The rest have been C&D'ed

For what remains there are quite allot of gems still in the the mist of the web.

I consider myself amongst the fandom but still on the outside. I create games as a hobby and on a professional level (as in paying the bills).

>1
LoE (Legends of Equestia) is not a mario game, much above that and runs on C# and Python. Fandom can program

>2
Game designers and developers asks this question all the time, fact is if we had the answers ourselves, we would never have a bad game. What is fun for one isn't for another, And what is good to one might be a guilty pleasure for another.

There are a few other there inexperienced with game development in the fandom sure. But so there is with every other field in existence, just look at all the rubbish not filtered on steam. Taking that by example. You might have rubbish on steam, but you also have great games like Skyrim, Witcher III, Fallout 4 and so fourth built by AAA studios. This fandom might not be AAA but you get your good with your bad.

Were not going to spoon feed you the good vs the bad. Do your own research and filter your own results which you think is "good" or "bad"
>>
>>26980390
>implying other fandoms are different
>>
>>26981041
The Touhou fandom does a pretty good job at believably crossovering Castlevania with Touhou.
>>
>>26980390
> Not understanding that programming require a fuck-ton more work than a 'creative animation'.
> Using Flash as an example of "programming".
You are the kind of person who call the IT staff for help when their computer is unplugged, right ?
>>
>>26981048
>Once again a brony uplifted himself to a superior state instead of blaming himself for his shortcomings.
Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>26981105
ITT lack of reading comprehension
>>
>>26981018
I don't think the "safe place" thing is something bad. Sure it means the _average_ quality of the fanworks is lower, but the "good" fanworks are still there.
Furthermore, some of those people actually improve. Even if most people are talentless, I could name a few artists that were terrible 3 or 4 years ago but now they are really good, and they weren't be if the brony fandom wasn't a "safe place".
Actually I'm not really into games, so I don't know if that's also true for brony programmers, but I think it most probably is.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.