[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spike is not a bad character, he's underrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: smug liberty prime.png (291 KB, 539x575) Image search: [Google]
smug liberty prime.png
291 KB, 539x575
>Spike is not a bad character, he's underrated
>>
>>26978806
forgot to put
>pic not related
fegit
>>
>>26978806
Spike is a little bitch, but not worst pony
>>
I like fancy pants better
>>
>>26978883
off by....
>>26978888
>>
File: ._..jpg (24 KB, 289x285) Image search: [Google]
._..jpg
24 KB, 289x285
>>26978848
Anon
What are you doing
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 512x288
>save the crystal empire twist
>be emotional support to twilight in the worst moments
Underrated? Where?
>>
>>26979096
>fuck most things up whenever they need not to be fucked
>has to comment everything he sees
>greedy self loathing idiot
>>
Where did this meme come from anyway? Do people actually think Twilight is anything without Spike?
>>
File: image.png (374 KB, 604x623) Image search: [Google]
image.png
374 KB, 604x623
>>26979123
>like RD
>>
File: 1442475874302.gif (786 KB, 446x483) Image search: [Google]
1442475874302.gif
786 KB, 446x483
>hating on Spike
Is this the oldest still-prevalent meme in the horse fandom?
>>
>>26979151
I think it has been around since at least Owl's Well. It being one of the very first "bad" episodes changed the fandom's culture drastically in its formative years and soured a lot of people on his character. A lot of people don't like him and that just encourages the people who do to like him more, which makes people upset and the meme continues.
>>
>>26979147
>Dash
>Proven capable without always having to be a fuckup or cringe autist extrodinaire
>One of the biggest reasons why the M6 ever came together
>Has relatively good episodes
>Implying she and Spike are on the same playing field

She might still be top cunt sometimes, but Dash is definitely better than a character who's basically only good at burning shit, handling books, and being an errand runner.
>>
>>26979287
Oh man, I can't wait to hear your justification for why he isn't a hero in the Crystal Empire. Did he just fall with the Heart, despite him needing to be there? Was it an asspull that he was the only one who could save the Games despite the magic removal actually making sense?

But please, go on about the pony who committed eco terrorism because her pet had to hibernate and required an entire town to come together to teach her a simple history lesson.
>>
File: dashie is a good catholic girl.png (68 KB, 364x363) Image search: [Google]
dashie is a good catholic girl.png
68 KB, 364x363
>>26979319
>Dash is a terrorist
This is the second worst meme after saying Spike is shit

This thread is meme central
>>
>>26979287
RD is "better character because have more developed", that is obvious I not saying the contrary, I neither saying that are the same thing, but have pretty similar defaults, my thoughts is that spike have to much potential but the writers hate him, sorry if I have bad English
>>
>>26979319
>Justification for being a hero in the CE
Because the rest of the M5 rarely do anything significant in a premiere/finale? Also, Twilight did all the heavy lifting while Spike just piggybacked all the way to the Crystal Heart. He literally wouldn't have found it without her, but of course, he gets all the credit for being the errand boy at the very end of it.

>Was the situations where Spike was relevant an asspull?
Only the Games, I'd say. Honestly, while the idea of sabotage via magic is a thing, how -else- are they to deal with any other potential accident when the competitors, the staff, possibly security, and the princesses have been rendered as useful as mules?

>Dash is a terrorist
Spike destroyed a part of Ponyville and no one gave a fuck
Twilight's Want It Need It spell happened, and Celestia only gave a fuck for half a minute
Discord and the Plunder Seeds
Trixie and the Alicorn Amulet
ect

Nopony really gets punished beyond having to fix shit or say they're sorry family.

>>26979364
Fair enough.
>>
>>26979480
The whole point was that Twilight let someone else take charge of something even if it meant her failing. She didn't know that it was part of a test, remember?

Got me on the magic part though. Obviously they didn't expect something of that magnitude to happen and no one could reactivate their magic in time I guess.
>>
>>26979319
I would call it sabotage more then terrorism

Still a pretty serious crime hell one could say it's outright treason
>>
>>26979480
Discord gets away with it because he is so usefull.
>>
>>26979287
>Dash
>known to backstab you if it benefits her.
>Doesn't care about the consequences so long as they don't affect her.
>The most egotistical bitch in the entire show.
>Brags about the smallest things for weeks like she hot shit.
>On average fucked up more than Spike.
>On average save the day less than Spike
Dashfags everyone
>>
>>26979151
He's not a main character, he's a foil. An assistant whose job is to back up the main characters.

Doesn't help that it dovetails nicely with the mopy, brony-stereotypey 'aw gee what's with the lack of male representation in the show, wow Spike I too pine for a FEEEMALE who won't return my affections and I don't fit in anywhere either', stuff.

It's like, what kind of sad sack would husbando the handbag?
>>
>>26979096
>Underrated? Where?

Hasbro Studios. (Or wherever this shit is written and animated)
>>
>>26979123
>greedy
He's a fucking dragon. And he's the least greedy of all dragons.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.