[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 13)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 3
File: dirtywork.png (146 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
dirtywork.png
146 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a mare named Sharp Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and came out of it better than expected.
Lewd is in progress

Last Thread: >>26652736

Castlist: http://pastebin.com/eSW5Hevs

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/

Lewd: http://pastebin.com/iDqsQ03q
In actuality, the real lewd is finished, but reading this joke over made me want to go back and refine parts of it. Sorry for delaying it yet again, but I just want to polish it.

>>26821346
>After grabbing a quick hug from Tally, you head off to work with a skip in your step.
>Today's a big day.
>The Laugh is only a quick trot away, but today it feels much longer than usual.
>A combination of both excitement and dread runs through your mind, the prospects of this new job lying open to you.
>There’s a lot that’ll need managing in the coming days, you’d never really been the sort to step up and lead.
>Everyone’s got to start somewhere.

>The Laugh’s bar is oddly empty today, save the usual bartenders.
>You get a grin from the pair as they lead you into the back room.
>Kis is waiting for you, and gives a rather relieved look upon your arrival,
>”Sorry, just getting a little antsy about this whole thing. Your team awaits upstairs, along with your equipment for the mission. First order of business is going to be negotiating salaries with your team. You’ve got six thousand to divide amongst the team and another six for yourself. Of course, if somepony needs a little more encouragement, perhaps you could work out a more personal deal using your own funds, but I won’t take any part in that.”

>continued
>>
>>26960279
>As she takes you up the stairs, she continues.
>”Your team is Nel, Skye, Farthing and Melior. Nel’s the sort who deals with strength, but I think you knew that already. Skye’s a negotiator and intel gatherer. Sort of like you, but more specialized. Farthing’s your all-around, jack of all trades, master of none. And Melior’s your marksman, likes to work at long range.”
>At the top of the stairs she motions with a hoof to a door next to her and opens it.
>Inside is a small table, made of some dark polished wood, and around it sit the four mentioned ponies.
>There’s also a table of equipment, which you’ll inspect in greater detail later.
>Nel gives you a happy grin as you take a seat, and you take an opportunity to assess your other colleagues.
>Skye is an aqua pegasus with a spiky white mane, holding a rather cool look and giving you quite the once over.
>Farthing is a rather cocky looking unicorn stallion, average build, punchable face, brown coat with darker mane.
>Melior’s another stallion, an earth, and dons a grey fur coat and a short red mane.
>He’s rather friendly seeming, but holds a serious and businesslike expression at the moment.
>All four are watching you intently as Kis takes a seat, each looking to you.
>Kis breaks the ensuing awkward silence.
>”Twitch, everypony, your boss for the next few days. I assume you all can get to know each other now, present your abilities to her. And ah, Twitch, why not start us off with an estimate of how you’d like to pay everypony, and we can start the negotiation from there. Hm?”

>input action
>>
>>26960319
In all honesty, I'd like to know what exactly we're working with before we divvy up pays.

In fact, that seems probably the last thing we'll decide, don't you think actually planning would be first? We don't have to examine closely, just give us an idea of the equipment we're working with.

What exactly do we have to capture this police officer?
>>
>>26960319
Four grand to be doled out as one thousand bits base salary to each pony. An additional thousand to be divided out proportionally based on seniority, and the last thousand to be divided out as bonuses based on performance.
>>
>>26960992
This sounds decent.
>>
>>26960963
"In all honesty, I'd like to know what were working with before we divvy up pay. I think planning should come first here, but for that I'll need to know what equipment we're working with."
>Kis nods,
>"Of course, follow."
>She says, taking you and the rest of the group to the other table across the room.
>On it lies a full inventory of your resources.

>You have
A scoped dart rifle, with a set of darts
Four pistols, along with varied ammunition for them
The keys to a carriage, along with a picture of it
The keys to a safehouse and an address
A bottle of chloroform and a rag
A stiletto knife
Two clubs
Duct tape
Five bits, each marked 1 through 5
A picture of the stallion you’re looking for, and a name (He’s a red stallion with black hair, and his name is supposedly Tripwire)
A rather official looking Equestrian Police badge/uniform
Three fancy looking dresses

>Kis points out the coins,
>”These are some neat guys I got just for this mission. On your request, they’ll allow you to talk to other team members as long as you’re within about a mile. Farther than that, and they’ll cease to function. And please don’t lose them, they’re rather expensive and any that are lost are coming out of your salary.”
>She says pointing a hoof to you,
>At the table, Melior begins inspecting the dart rifle, turning it over in his hooves.
>Skye’s taken up the dresses and is nodding happily, while Nel and Farthing are snickering together noisily.

>input action
>>
>>26960992
Sounds like a good start.
We should mention seeing that big stallion to her.
>>
>>26961183
Introduce self to team, tell them >>26960992, and repeat the warning about lost equipment coming out of the offending party's salary.
>>
>>26961183
Bait and ambush seems to be what we're going with here.

His job is to follow Skye, that's what he'll do. Right to the safehouse, which you will enter.

Unfortunately, I doubt he'll go inside of his own volition. If he does, all the better. That's what Nel could be used for. Get him inside.
Once in, Nel and Farthing need to subdue him. If he goes in on his own, a wack over the head will do it. If not, chloroform would be helpful in this.

I would absolutely love for the takedown itself to take place inside our of the way of the public.

As a last resort, I'd love for our sharpshooter, Melior, to play an insurance role. Cover the entrance of the safehouse in case anything goes wrong. If he gets away, take the shot, get his lights out. The closer to the safehouse, the better.

Then obviously, duct tape, stuff him in the van.
>>
>>26961396
I like all that, but let's let our team introduce themselves and discuss pay before getting into tactics. After all, they might have their own suggestions.

>>26961343
Don't forget to switch to Twitch mode and show all our confidence.
>>
>>26961343
>>26961396
>>26960992
>>26961018
>>26961185
>You take a deep breath.
>Showtime.
"Well, I'm Twitch as you heard from Kismet..."
>You say cheerfully and confidently, extending a hoof to each member of the team in turn.
"Happy to be your boss for the week, just keep things organized. Anything lost goes out of your salary, not mine."
>Nel raises a hoof with a glint in her eye, then talks before you can affirm her,
>"So that were you thinking for pay here? Just want to get straight to business."
>A bit rustled, you take a moment to compose yourself before responding.
"A thousand each for you all, one thousand to be divided on seniority, and a thousand as incentives for your best performance. That sound satisfactory to you all?"
>The four look to each other, most nodding, but Farthing shrugs,
>Confident, he smirks,
>"I would say pay should be based on division of labor, not just a flat rate for everyone. Of course, I agree with the seniority and incentive you're adding, but let's hear what our jobs are before we make any hard and fast decisions."
>>
>>26961823
>You nod,
"Alright. Now a bait and ambush tactic seems to be what we'll be working with here. He's going after you Skye, and if you can get him following after you he'll walk straight to the safehouse. You'll enter. However, I doubt he'll go inside of his own volition, if he does, lucky us. Nel's job will be to get him inside, maybe with Farthing as an aid. For sure, both of you are tasked with subduing him, a whack on the head, chloroform, whatever it takes. And as our insurance, Melior will be our insurance. Cover the entrance of the safehouse for if anything goes wrong, the closer you can drop him to the entrance, the better. Then its duct tape, and we stuff him in the van."
>The rest of the team nods, and Skye speaks up
>"In that case, I find the pay rather fair. Your plan is fine with me."
>Nel gives Farthing a questioning look before speaking up, Farthing responding with a confirmatory one.
>"Well hold on... A lot seems to be riding on me here, so I think I might need a bit more to hop on board."
>Almost as soon as she finishes, Farthing pipes in,
>"Yes, for me as well, if Nel and I screw up the whole plan goes down the toilet. What would you think about offering us both... 1250 each?"
>Nel nods, obviously finding this a reasonable plan, but Skye takes on a rather indignant look.
>Melior raises an eyebrow.
>Skye, shrilly rebukes the suggestion,
>"Oh, piss off! More work my ass, I'm the one luring him to you, you're just the teeth of the angler chomping down! If anyone here should get a bonus, it'd be me and maybe Melior. Us two have the higher risk sections of the job, you two are just doing grunt work."
>Farthing is rather amused at her reaction, but Nel morphs to a rather shaken one, grinding her teeth and stammering for a response.

>input action
>>
>>26961848
And this is exactly why you're all getting the same base pay.
You want more? Perform well.
>>
>>26961892
This. Ponies who perform better get paid more.

The more involved your position happens to be, the more you do your job, the more money you get.
>>
>>26961892
Add to this that they're ALL vital to the job.
>>
>>26961892
Yes.
>>26961918
Yes.
>>26961955
And yes.
>>
>>26962188
I don't expect any of them to be stupid enough to run off with the money. Seniority pay in advance seems reasonable.
>>
>>26961892
>>26961918
>>26961955
>>26962107
"And this is exactly why you're all getting the same pay, because you're all vital to the job. You want more? Perform your job well, and make it clear to me you did your part. I'll make sure you get the lion's share of that thousand if you do."
>Nel and Farthing both sigh a little,
>"Suppose that's fair... Ah well."
>Farthing grumbles, and under his breath you hear him whisper to Nel,
>"It was worth a shot."
>Kis seems rather happy with how events have proceeded,
>"So, With your current standing, Skye receives 1400 bits as base, Melior receives 1300 bits, Nel receives 1200, and Farthing 1100. Seems rather reasonable to me, along with the 1000 tucked away for performance. I'll hold on to that until the job is over."
>Melior cracks his neck, and speaks for the first time,
>"But there is the qualm of advance payment. It's nothing to do with my trust in The Laugh, assuredly, but more a matter of principle. I request my seniority pay as an advance so I know we're all serious here Twitch. I bet everypony'd be pleased with that idea too, eh?"
>There's nods from around the table, and everyone now looks to you.

>input action
>>
>>26962188
You get your pay when the job is done, just like usual.

While I have nothing against paying you in advance, I don't even have the money yet, Kis does.

I can't pay in advance if Kis has the cash.
>>
>>26962236
>>26962248
>>26962259
"I can't see a reason not to do it, but Kis has the money at the moment, not me."
>Kis nods,
>"I see no problem with an advance incentive, let me head out to get your pay."
>She says quickly, then retreats downstairs.
>The five of you are now left to your own devices, and Skye breaks the following silence,
>"So, when do we start? And more importantly, how do you want me to work on luring Tripwire? I didn't even know I had a tail, but I suppose me going on vacation threw him off a little. If he was tailing me, I can say I've only done one job recently, most other times were spent around my house, so I suppose that could be a start. The other lead we'd have is that my previous job had to do with a restaurant, one downtown. That any help?"
>Nel taps her chin,
>"I mean, Speckle's still around if we need more information..."

>input action
>>
>>26962560
It does. I think we should start trying to lure him with whatever location is closest to here. This seems to be the area they're working in.
>>
>>26962560
So what you need to do today is do some recon. Find your tail, let him see you, and get him back to following you.

If what our police officer friend has told us is accurate, he should still be in the area. He'll be looking for you too, so your previous jobs and around your home would be good places to look.

If you can pick him up again, I see no reason to wait. Does tomorrow sound good?
>>
>>26962648
>>26962560
This sounds like the plan to me. Melior, you should set up a position where you can provide support, just in case the tail figures out that Skye knows and tries something violent. Of course, this is something for a last resort. I assume you have your own weapon in addition to the dart rifle?

Maybe Nel should be there too? I'm just worried about Skye's safety.
>>
>>26962802
I don't think the officer will try anything.

His job was just to follow and gain evidence. There should be no danger to Skye at all. It's not like she's being trailed by a rival mob member.
>>
>>26962827
I don't think he will either, but I still think someone should be there to back up Skye, just in case.
>>
>>26962840
One is fine. But don't be next to Skye, don't be seen with her. Two for backup is complete overkill.
>>
>>26962861
Sounds good. Maybe just Melior up on a rooftop then?
>>
>>26962883
I'd prefer Nel on the ground.

A shooter has to take time to shift positions, and not acting suspicious is key..
>>
>>26962600
>>26962648
>>26962802
>>26962827
>>26962840
>>26962883
"It's quite helpful, actually. I think we should start by luring him at the closest area you mentioned, as this seems to be the area they're working at the moment. Find your tail, let him catch sight of you, and get him back to following you. If what Speckle told us was accurate, he should still be around the area."
>Skye nods,
>"My house is rather close by, so I think starting there wouldn't be such a bad idea."
"Good, good. If you pick him up again, I'd say tomorrow is a good day to enact the bait. He'll have a day to cement that he's gotten your scent again, and then we swoop in. And Nel, I want you acting as backup for her. Set up somewhere near her house or apartment and keep watch for Tripwire. Take one of the clubs."
>She nods,
>"You betcha Twitchy!"
>She and Skye move over to the equipment table, the two now falling into conversation by themselves
>Looking a little distressed, Farthing scoots over to you
>"S-So, is there anything for me to do today? I-Uh, could help... With backup and stuff, you know."

>input action
>>
>>26963030
You can come with me to check out out the safe house if you like. We can find you a good spot for your watch.
>>
>>26963030
I know you're eager to do your part, and get paid to do it, but I really don't want to swarm the area with ponies. We'd spook him away.

Maybe there's something else for you though.
>>
>>26963126
Actually yeah, that's a good idea.
>>
>>26963110
>>26963126
>>26963134
>>26963160
"I know you're eager to help, but I don't want to swarm the area with ponies. We'd just spook the mark off."
>Farthing starts to take on a rather disappointed look, more at himself than you, but you quickly put a hoof to his shoulder in comfort,
"But you can come check the safe house out if you like! Find a good spot for your watch."
>Farthing nods,
>"Oh, really? I'd be glad to help out."
>Melior raises an eyebrow and stands to join the two of you,
>"Suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to find an angle to watch. Lead on, once Kis gets back."
>He chuckles, and speak as he does, Kis pops through the door with four bags hanging in space around her head.
>She chucks each to one of the ponies standing around the room and grins,
>"All in there. You can leave the cash inside The Laugh if you like, it's not going anywhere."
>Each of your henchmen deals with their cash, and as they do so Kis approaches you,
>"So, have a plan set for the day yet Ms. Twitch?"

>input action
>>
>>26963485
I was going to spend some time around the safe house. Looking inside and around it.

Where we could park the car, where we'll have everypony stationed, that stuff.
>>
>>26963485
Yes ma'am. This situation will be taken care of as soon as possible.
>>
>>26963485
Yup. going to get familiar with the ambush area.
>>
>>26963503
>>26963505
>>26963544
"I was planning to spend some time around the safehouse. Looking inside and around it, get familiar with our ambush area."
>Kis grins,
>"Goody! I hope you all can get this over with quickly and efficiently, pay's got to be high for a reason."
"I agree completely ma'am, and we'll get it done as quickly as possible."
>Now with their money settled, you call for Melior and Farthing to follow, grabbing the keys and heading out to inspect the safehouse.

>To your surprise, it actually is a house.
>It sits in the sort of middle ground between the suburbs and downtown, so the streets are relatively quiet on your approach.
>Farthing strikes up a conversation with you about the housing situation in downtown, and what a pain his rent is every month, 300 bits.
>You feel that's pretty high.
>Then realize your accommodations are built for one pony, and that you don't live in the most upscale part of town either.
>Go figure.
>The house itself is two stories and an attic, with a thatched roof and painted a dull yellow.
>It resides as a small block within the cacophony and chaos of the varied heights and styles of the suburbia around it.
>Melior instantly sets out around the neighborhood to set up, but Farthing follows behind you like a dog, a bit nervous, but also keeping his cockiness up as best he can.
>The door clicks open, and you push inside to creaky wood floors, dusty halls and an eerie sense that nopony's been here in a long time.
>"You believe in ghosts Twitch?"
>Farthing asks behind you, looking up and around the entry hall.
>Inside is a stairway to the next floor, a door to what looks like a kitchen, and another to the living room.
>There's a rug covering the floor in front of the stairs up, and you can see a metal ring poking out from underneath it.

>input action
>>
>>26963925
Inquire about poorly concealed secret basement.
>>
>>26963925
No, I don't believe in ghosts.

And yeah, check out that ring.
>>
>>26963925
We should clean the entrance up before the job.
If he does enter he'll know something's up from the dust.
>>
>>26964085
Cleaning? Sharp is good at that!
>>
>>26964030
>>26964057
>>26964085
>>26964116
"Any ideas about that ring on the floor? Seems lazy to conceal a basement that poorly."
>Farthing shrugs,
>"Maybe it's intentional. I mean, if the house was left empty like this for a while, perhaps somepony left it like that so we'd know about it. Don't think there's any particular application we could use it for in our mission, but it's nice to know about. Ever think of that?"
"Guess that's true, but you're giving whoever did that a little too much credit. And no, I don't believe in ghosts."
>You say promptly, entering to find a rag/other cleaning device as quickly as possible to wash off all the dust.
>Farthing seems a little stunned at your quickness to end the conversation, but shrugs and follows shortly.
>All that dust is just too suspicious, and Sharpie just needs to let herself go for a minute.
>Once you've grabbed one from the kitchen--and had a small heart attack at the brown muck left in the sink from a leaky faucet--you hurriedly begin polishing the entrance to the best of your abilities.
>"So Twitch... I... How long have you been doing work with Kis?"
>He asks quietly, intently watching your braid swing back and forth as you polish the floor.

>input action
>>
>>26964213
Not long. Just a couple weeks.

What about you?
>>
>>26964227
"Not long, just a couple of weeks. How about you?"
>Farthing raises an eyebrow,
>"Really? That's... That's no time at all. I've been here a few months now, and this is one of the few higher profile missions I've been on. Of course, everything pays well, but it's still an annoyance to get have so little progress upwards. You must be really good..."
>He mutters, scratching his head,
>In no time at all, the dust wipes away just like magic and you've got the entry hall sparkly clean again.
>At that moment, there's a knock at the door, which puffs both you and Farthing up like cats.
>Farthing wipes his brow and sighs,
>"Probably just Melior..."
>And peers through the door's fisheye to see your guest.
>"I... Twitch? Do you by any chance know a yellow mare? Red mane?"
>You gently push him out of the way and take a look at the mare yourself, puzzled at who could be at the door.
>You give her a quick once over, then squint at a small hat she's wearing to make out what's emblazoned on the front.
>It's labeled "Neighborhood Watch."

Pausing here until later tonight. I've been taking more time with these posts, just want to know if how I've been doing it today is at all improved upon the other format.
>>
>>26964641
Honestly? I thought the old way was fine.
>>
>>26964641
Answer it. Not sure what she wants, but we need to throw suspicion off the house. Tell her it's being sold by a friend if she asks.
>>
beb
>>
>>26965736
>>
>>26966393
>>
>>26964797
This. It's mostly true.
>>
>>26964797
>>26967714
>You open the door right as the mare blows a tuft of bair from her face, and catch it mid act.
>She stops suddenly, letting said lock of red fall across her face, and her cheeks soon flush to a similar color.
>"O-Oh, h-hello Miss!"
>She stammers as she hastily tucks her hair beneath her hat.
>"Just saw you moving in and thought I should welcome you! 's been a long time since anypony's lived there. I'm Ms. Jam, proud member of the neighborhood watch!"
>She says with regained composure, extending a hoof.
>With a grin rivaling that of a hyena, you take it and shake heartily,
"Pleased to meet you!"
>You lie, giving her an upturned smile,
"And we're really not sure if we're moving, just checking it out!"
>That one's a half-truth, which feels halfway better.
>The mare stops, looking a little disappointed
>"Oh, really? Only stopping by? Shoot."
>She then turns from the door, grumbling
>"Didn't even get to do the welcome speech."
>And trots off back into a nearby apartment.
>You and Farthing share a perplexed moment staring at her rear.

>The rest of the house is forgettable, save the secret basement.
>Two bedrooms upstairs, a bathroom, a study, the attic.
>None of this you explore in detail, but it's good to know said rooms are there, for any eventuality.
>The secret basement however, is a combined dungeon/wine cellar.
>On one side, you have a pair of wine racks, filled with empty and half full, corked bottles.
>The other, a single cell and a pair of manacles hitched to the wall.
>It is empty.
>As you turn to leave the basement, Farthing appears behind you and sends you stumbling backwards into the cell in surprise, knocking your head on one of the bars.
>He chuckles a little at your misfortune, and offers a hoof to help you stand.
>"Clumsy, clumsy..."
>He sighs, as if talking to a small child.
>You can hear footsteps on the stairs to the basement behind him.

>input action
>>
>>26968216
Well, the story was intended to be that our friend is selling it, which is true because Kis is intending on getting ride of it, but that works too, I guess.

Get out of the cell. That makes me feel really uncomfortable.
>>
>>26968216
Perceptive one, that neighborhood watchmare.
We may have to get someone to distract her tomorrow. Maybe even us.

See who's coming. Call out to them.
Also seconding fear of cells.
>>
>>26968216
Nosy neighbors are gonna be a problem.
>>
>>26968251
>>26968278
Does it have an even number of bars?
>>
>>26968299
Or maybe we're afraid of cages regardless of number of bars because we know we'll probably end up in one.

People can have rational fears as well as their irrational ones.
>>
>>26968355
But the irrational ones are more entertaining. Also we never considered the eventuality of our crimes and now isn't a good time for that.
>>
>>26968251
>>26968278
>>26968289
>>26968299
>As you realize your current predicament, a chill goes up your spine.
>You ignore the proffered hoof and scramble to exit to the cell, imagining the cell door locking in front of you of its own thought.
>On the way, you count 28 bars in the cell itself, which uses two walls of the basement to save space.
>A slight comfort.
>You now look to the steps and stand.
>In a voice more confident than you feel, you ask
"Who's there?"
>And you get a dull
>"Just me."
>From Melior, who takes a seat on the bottom step and look between both you and Farthing,
>"I came down to inform you I've found an angle to hold outside. Would you like me to find one inside the house as well, or is outside sufficient?"
>He says monotone, or perhaps bored, it's hard to tell.
>From behind, Farthing gives you a little bump to the rump.
>"And I think I've got an angle for the house when he comes through the entrance hall. That's where we'll be tucking him in, right, or are we planning some more elaborate ruse than just whacking him on arrival?"

>input action
>>
>>26968374
Sure we have. Just the other night we expected police officers to break the door down and arrest us.
>>
>>26968396
The biggest hope is actually getting him inside the house. If some anon knows how to do that without muscle, that'd be great.

With the chloroform and clubs, having you inside would be a redudancy. You're on insurance duty outside.
>>
>>26968399
It's crossed our mind, but we've never really thought about it.
>>
>>26968431
We'd have to do something that would make him curious enough to come inside.Possibly make him think that there's a secret meeting in the basement.
>>
>>26968396
Mention the neighborhood watch to him so he can take the nosy neighbors into account.
>>
>>26968431
>>26968454
>>26968465
>You dust yourself off a little and speak to Melior first.
"Outside is good, you're our insurance policy. Just keep out of the way of the neighbors, they've already shown themselves to be rather nosy."
>You inform, and in response you get a rather businesslike,
>"Noted."
>Before he stands and exits.
>You now turn to Farthing,
"Well, the best case scenario is to get him into the house without muscle. I'll think of some idea for that, but if that goes wrong, I think I want you with chloroform ready to knock him out if things go bad. Stick to wherever you found and if you're needed I'll contact you via the coin."
>Farthing smirks,
>"Good, now I get to be lazy! And I got a hundred bits... Thinking about coming off and being lazy with me?"
>He says with a raised eyebrow, then switches to a falsely serious pose with a mockingly deep voice.
>"I, ahem, unless you've got anything more for me to do today Ms. Twitch. Of course, business comes first!"

>input action
>>
>>26968544
I need to keep looking around. You're free to go if you'd like. I'm just going to do more looking around the property.
Yes, I'm busy later. Very busy.
>>
>>26968544
Where's our carriage?
>>
>>26968544
I dunno man, even if it's not that probable I want him to find:

-A nice shooting spot to defend from inside the building so we can nest inside.

-A nice way and multiple spots for assaulting the building.

A spot were we can start a cozy escape route.
-a escape route

The cop is probably alone, but you never now when the back up of an intel cop has the green light.
>>
>>26968544
We could have someone answer the door to Skye.
They pretend to argue, then Skye gets dragged into the house.
If this officer is worth his salt he'll try to intervene.
>>
>>26968564
>>26968575
>>26968653
>>26969881
>Your carriage is nowhere to be found.
"Well, if possible, I want you to decide on a shooting nest inside, multiple ways into the building, and an escape route outside."
>He nods,
>"Fine, I can handle that, but just for you Twitch."
>He chuckles,
"And yes, I'm busy later. Extremely busy."
>You say with a straight face, shutting down any hint of smugness on Farthing's face.
>"F-Fine."
>He mumbles, and trots out of the basement.

>You and Farthing spend the next hour scouting out the house again.
>In time, you decide on a nest upstairs.
>It stands next to the staircase, and allows vision of both the downstairs area and outside, so you can view the cop's entrance.
>If needed, you can retreat to the attic.
>The building has a backdoor through the kitchen, and two openable windows in the living room.
>The kitchen door leads to an alley, one facing away from the house and bricked up on the side the front of the house faces.
>There's only one way out from it, but it's concealed from every angle except one, the exit.
>The living room windows are situated to drop to a side street of the building.
>There, you've got three directions of travel.
>Either one seems like it could be a decent escape route.
>You also spend some time planning with Farthing, and decide upon the following as an idea.
>Nothing cemented in stone, but certainly a good idea to get the cop inside.
Skye approaches the house.
Skye falls into an arguement with Nel.
Skye is whacked and dragged inside
Cop intervenes(?)
If not, Farthing will pincer from behind to get him moving into the house.
If he bolts, Melior takes the shot and Farthing drags him in.
>Rough, but certainly a good lure.
>Now finished with all he was tasked with, Farthing stands from the kitchen table.
>"Well, I'm going to head out now."
>He mentions, stopping for confirmation before leaving.
>"And where are we meeting up tomorrow? Someone'll have to relay it to Skye and Nel."

>input action
>>
>>26970357
The Laugh, same as always. Skye should try not to get followed there.
I'm thinking we should have a little chat with our nosy neighbor before we go.
We can act like we're thinking about moving in, ask her about the area.
We might be able to find out when she's away at work and when the area is busiest.
>>
>>26969881
That's a pretty solid idea.
>>
>>26970417
"The Laugh, same as always. If you see Skye, tell her to avoid being followed."
>You nod, and Farthing shrugs,
>"Suits me."
>And he promptly exits, leaving you alone in the house.
>After a few minutes of thought, you stand and head outside.
>The door clicks shut behind you, and you consider approaching your nosy neighbor across the street.
>Her apartment building is rather small, and you've got her name so it shouldn't be too hard to find her.
>Or you could just head back to The Laugh and inform Kis if your findings, and mention the lack of a carriage to her.

>input action
>>
>>26970756
Nah, head to Kis.
>>
>>26970918
You realize she's going to be a problem if we don't find a way around her right?
>>
>>26970938
Then what do you recommend? What can we do now to stop her from interfering later?
>>
>>26971171
>>26970417
>>
>>26971208
Okay, endorsed.
>>
>>26971208
>>26971229
>You head across the street and into the building.
>The mare is sitting on the staircase up to the second floor, grumbling.
>Her grumbly look quickly turns to one of surprise, and she fumbles for neighborhood watch cap, dashed on the step below her.
>"Oh! Hi, sorry, what brings you to, ah, see me?"
>She says, making a small assumption.
"Oh, just came to talk with you. I'm thinking about moving in, and you were just so up and friendly. It's good to have such friendly neighbors, just wanted to sit down and get to know you. And of course, ask about the area, get to know everyone."
>The mare blushes a little, doesn't seem very used to complements,
>"Oh, really? That's great, I-er what exactly did you have in mind? And what's your name? Can't just call you Braid, can I?"

>input action
>>
>>26971658
Is our butt exposed? We could say our name is Notepad.
>>
>>26971718
This works
>>
>>26971718
Ordered Notepad
>>
>>26971718
"Ordered Notepad, or just Note is fine."
>You give, proffering your cutiemark for her to see.
>She squints at it for a moment, then laughs,
>"Sorry, forgot my glasses today. Don't mean to be a lookie-loo."
"Ah, that's fine."
>You wave off, before continuing straight into your questions,
"So the neighborhood? What times would you say are... Busy. I get claustrophobic in crowds."
>Another lie to add to the pile of this new Note character, they just keep stacking higher and higher.
>Perhaps you could use her in the future.
>"Oh, only during rush hour do the streets get busy like you're implying. Maybe 6-9 in the morning, and 5-6 at night. It's quiet most other times, and empty at night."
"That's good to hear,"
>You say wiping your brow,
"And safety? Is there a lot of crime around here?"
>The mare taps her chin,
>"Eh, not really that I've seen. Of course, don't walk around with an open purse at midnight, but you should be fine most other hours."
"Ah, alright."
>There's a small silence that you let hang in the air before you shift the conversation to more personal questioning.
"So what do you do for work?"
>"Oh, I just work in a small bakery in downtown. It's a lot of fun, but I've got today off. I only work Tuesday, Thursday and the weekends. What about you?"

>input action
>>
>>26972032
What job makes lists on notepads? Administrative assistant?
>>
>>26972145
"Sort of a secretary type job, an administrative assistant at a law firm. Might seem boring to you, but I enjoy the organization. Zen and all."
>Jam shakes her head,
>"Can't imagine myself at a job like that, hooh. So dreadfully boring. To each her own I guess."
>She then shrugs,
>"So how long do you plan on visiting? Maybe we could do something tomorrow after I get back from work, or something. And who's that brown stallion you were with? Doesn't seem the type a mare such as yourself would go for."
>She then falls back a little,
>"S-Sorry if that's too personal. The neighbrhood watch head told me not to be so nosy, but I just like getting to know ponies."

>input action
>>
>>26972145
Sure, that works fine.
>>
>>26972391
Oh, he's just a friend is all.

And going out to do something with her might be a good way to get her out of the picture.
Anyone else think so?
>>
>>26972391
No, that's fine. He's just a friend. Said he'd help me out with property inspection and the actual move.
>>
>>26972457
It's one option certainly. It means trusting the team to get things done without us, but at the point of the actual grab there's not much we can do anyway.
>>
>>26972457
>>26972485
I'd prefer to be there to make command decisions if necessary.
>>
>>26972485
Kis does things pretty hooves off and these guys are all much more experienced than we are.

Just depends on how confident we are in our plan working and how confident we are in their ability to improvise if things go wrong.
>>
>>26972457
>>26972458
"Just a friend is all. Said he'd help with property inspection, and actual moving if that happens."
>"Nice guy. Well, I guess we'll have to see about hanging out then."
>You nod back,
"Oh, certainly, just have to see how busy I am tomorrow."
>After refitting her little neighborhood watch hat, Jam waves and trots upstairs.
>"Great to meet you Note, hopefully see you tomorrow!"
>You're now alone in the building, silent except for the small pitter-patter of dripping water, somewhere in the building.

>input action
>>
>>26972663
I think that's everything for today.
>>
>>26972663
I think we're done here.
>>
>>26972782
>>26972781
>You trot out, nothing left for you here today.
>It's a bit of a trek through the urban jungle back to The Laugh, but you handle it just fine.
>The bar still remains empty, and in back, Kis is busying herself with paperwork.
>Providence is oddly missing, but you assume she can handle herself, wherever she is.
>Nel is here too, sitting down and fiddling with her knife.
>Upon seeing you, she yawns and points upstairs.
>"Skye found her mark and is staying around home today. She told me to shove of, so I did. I think she wanted a little backup at first, but she's comfortable now, and wants to be alone. Also went up to check on Speckle. He's getting antsy. Not sure why."

>input action
>>
>>26973113
Maybe we can have a word.
>>
>>26973137
Sure.
>>
>>26973137
>>26973160
"Maybe I'll have a word with him."
>You muse as you head upstairs to see him, leaving Nel behind.
>The room is still dark except for the single light on Speckle.
>He's been untied since your last visit.
>"H-Hello?"
>He asks nervously upon your entrance, looking straight at you through the darkness.
>It's clear from his tone he doesn't know who's entered, and also conveys a good deal of anxious tension.

>input action
>>
>>26973382
Hey Speckle, it's me again.
>>
>>26973407
This. We'll see how he replies first.
>>
>>26973407
>>26973510
"Hi Speckle, it's me again."
>You say cooly, and he sighs a little with relief.
>"Oh good. Glad it's you..."
>He moans a little and leans against the back wall.
>"Untied now, thanks to you. And they've been bringing me slightly better food too."
>After shaking out his mane he tenses up again,
>"So... W-Why are you up here today?"

>input action
>>
>>26973585
Just checking on you.

You sound even more nervous now than when we last talked. What's wrong?
>>
>>26973585
something bothering you? You haven't been mistreat since we talked have you?
>>
>>26973626
>>26973608
"Just checking up. I hope nopony's been mistreating you."
>You say in a bit of a concerned voice.
>While violence is sometimes a necessary evil, using it unnecessarily can both hurt ponies and damage their usefullness in the future.
>Speckle laughs nervously, looking to the floor,
>"O-Oh, a little maybe. But it's fine, really."
"Are you sure it's fine? You seem a lot more nervous than even the last time we talked..."
>You say, adding more concern, and in response a lightbulb seems to go off in Speckle's mind.
>He quickly hides that expression though and grumbles,
>"Well, yeah, I guess it's not really fine. Then again, holding me here isn't so great either, but that's a whole other matter."

>input action
>>
>>26973716
>lightbulb goes off
Great, he's about to try and take us for a fool again.

Would you mind sharing what's got you so antsy?
>>
>>26973716
Yes, sorry about that Speckle. Just remember it's a temporary measure.
>>
>>26973775
>>26973734
>You furrow your brow in annoyance.
>He's taking you for a fool once again, and while he seems a nice stallion, he's taking advantage of your kindness and mistaking it for stupidity.
>Time for a more stern approach,
"It's only a temporary measure Speckle, but why don't you tell me what's really on your mind."
>You bite nip back at him, this time adding a little venom to the end of your statement.
>It obviously jars the stallion a little, and after a moment of surprise, pulls himself back to the more nervous exterior you saw before.
>"O-Oh, I'm just n-nervous is all Twitch, it's been a w-while since I've seen any pony not... Y-Y'know, wanting something from me. Y-Yeah."

>input action
>>
>>26973918
Well if that's all, then.
>>
>>26973918
He's either missing the family, there's a deadline of some sort coming, or he's getting ready to try something.
>>
>>26973990
>>26974011
>You're still pretty suspicious of Speckle, but aren't sure how you're going to deal with him.
>There's something he's hiding, missing the family (which telling you would give leverage), missing a deadline, ir maybe even planning something.
>Either way, it's not something you can just let slide, but also not something you can deal with at this very minute.
"Are you sure that's all?"
>You ask, and he slowly nods back.
>"S-Sure. Is there anything else you want answered? I-Uh, can help with that I guess."
>He says, this time with a rather fake looking smile.

>input action
>>
>>26974118
I don't have any questions right now. If you're sure there's nothing you'd like to tell me, I'll be going...
>>
>>26974182
>You shake your head.
"I don't have any questions right now. If you're sure there's nothing you'd like to tell me, I'll be going..."
>You say with a small upward inflection, hoping it'd prompt an answer.
>After a tense moment, Speckle shakes his head, itching at the bottom edge at his blindfold.
>"No, I'm fine Twitch. Thanks for caring for me, or at least seeming to. It's nice to have somepony who cares..."
>Aftet this he falls to his side, still scratching his blindfold and staring towards you.

>input action
>>
>>26974470
Goodbye Speckle.

We can't get chummy or complacent with him. It's a mistake that captors too often make.
>>
>>26974470
Stop messing with your blindfold. It'd only get you in trouble.
>>
>>26974660
>>26974500
>You give him a venomous look and deadpan,
"Don't mess with that blindfold of yours, it'll only end badly for you Speckle."
>Instantly, his hooves drop from his face and he curls up with no response.
"Goodbye."
>You finish, and exit downstairs.
>Kis is still hard at work with her papers, but Nel is waiting for you.
>"How'd it go? Get anything out of him? Anything to do with our mark?"

>input action
>>
>>26974730
He's getting extremely antsy and he might've been trying to take off his blindfold to get a look at us. It seems he is hiding something though.
>>
>>26974730
I couldn't figure out what's got him so worried, but he seems like he's about to try something.

Just keep on your guard if you have to talk with him.
>>
>>26974730
No, but he's definitely hiding something.
I think the room should be searched, just in case.
>>
>>26974780
>>26974797
>>26974855
"Getting really antsy, and tried to take his blindfold off to get a good look at me. He's also certainly hiding something, but I couldn't get what. Just stay on your guard if you want to talk to him."
>Nel nods and stretches her haunches, then shakes out.
>"So, mind if I head out for the day? Skye's got her mark and we're confirmed for tomorrow, so I don't think I've got much else to do."
>After a moment, you point back upstairs.
"Search his room. Make sure he doesn't have anything on his pony, in his blindfold, under a blanket, tray, bed, or whatever."
>Nel gives a small salute and trots upstairs, chuckling as she gives a snarky
>"Helllooo Speckle!"
>And shuts the door behind her.

>input action
>>
>>26974908
Tell Kis about this. Wait for Nel to come back.
>>
>>26974934
>After a knock on Kis's door, you pop inside to give her the heads up.
"Kis? The cop we've got right now is getting antsy. I sent Nel in to search him, but I did catch him trying to take off his blindfold."
>Kis straightens up,
>"Hogtie him."
>She says urgently, but you quickly calm her down,
"I scared him off for the moment, no need for something so drastic. That'd cause more harm than good."
>Kis bites her lip,
>"I don't want him seeing anypony, knowing our location, even where we are in town. Just be really careful, okay? We can't negotiate with him until we have both him and Tripwire here, and if he gets intel before that it's a bad situation for us. We've nothing to gain here, and everything to lose."
>Her tone is frantic throughout her speech, which frightens you internally.
>On the exterior however, you keep your cool well.
"I know Kis, but I've got it handled. Everything is under control, alright?"
>She takes a deep breath,
>"I hope you're right Twitch... Celestia bless you."
>She breathes, sitting back down to keep up with her papers.
>Nel returns shortly and takes you out of Kis's office into the lobby, handing you a file and a sharpened stick.
>"Well, he's been filing down a window latch to try and pop it open. He's about halfway through as we speak. Don't know how he found this file, but I severly doubt he got it from anypony here. In addition, it seems like he was trying to make a stake of some sort with this stick. I severely doubt the existance of vamponies, but I suppose it'd work rather well stabbing regular ponies too. The file was under his bed and the stick tucked away in a dark corner. I kicked him in the stomach a few times before coming down here, so rest assured of his punishment, or part of it."

>input action
>>
>>26975582
I agree with Kis. Hogtie him.
>>
>>26975582
Damn.
He's not cooperating, so we can't give him any freedoms.
We'll have to tie him back up.
>>
>>26975582
A weapon and escape attempt in the works has robbed him of his walking privileges.
>>
>>26975699
This. Make sure he knows exactly why he's losing his privileges.
>>
>>26975614
>>26975672
>>26975699
>>26975727
"Hogtie him and put him on the bed. Can't take any chances with the guy. I don't think either if us can really blame him for trying, but we've got to keep our secrecy. Once we're done with that, we need to tell him exactly why he lost his privileges."
>"Good call."
>Nel says bluntly, heading back upstairs after retrieving some rope.
>She opens the door and moves to close it, but instead snarls and leaps at something, leaving it wide open.
>From inside, you can hear the sounds of a tussle, grunts and groans both male and female eminating from the room above.
>From the room, you hear Speckle spit out,
>"I'-Not letting you hurt me a-GH-ain!"

>input action
>>
>>26975783
Go check it out. Tell him to stop fighting.

Since we've been nice, maybe he'll listen to us.
>>
>>26975783
Speckle please, you're only making this worse for yourself.
>>
>>26975809
>>26975844
>You rush upstairs, calling out urgently,
"Speckle please, you're only making this worse for yourself..."
>You hear his grunts stop for a second, as if surprised, and in that moment you hear a larger moan from Nel.
>When you arrive, Speckle is on his back with his cheek on the ground facing away from the door and blindfold in his mouth.
>Nel is breathing heavily with rage in her eyes, holding him down as best she can.
>As gently as you can, you pull the blindfold back across his eyes before standing up.
>Now, Nel is still in an enraged state, but Speckle's lost the will to fight already, lying limp under her grasp.
>It's quiet, but you think you can hear a single sob from his preassured noggin.
>"T-Twitch..."
>Nel breathes heavily.
>"What now..."

>input action
>>
>>26975997
Tie him up. I'm sorry Speckle, but you've tried to escape and made a weapon for yourself

He can't be trusted with the comforts that we've given him. We gave him a bit of leash and he tried to choke us with it. He's left us no other option.
>>
>>26975997
Tie him up. Don't break anything please, he's scared and not thinking straight right now.
Speckle, don't try anything else. Nel is not the only one in this building that can subdue you.
>>
>>26975997
Did he see you?
>>
>>26976064
He definitely saw her.
>>
>>26976030
>>26976033
>>26976064
>>26976081
"Tie him up, but don't break him, he's just scared."
>You say sternly.
"I'm sorry Speckle, but trying to escape and making a weapon is clearly not the marker of somepony I can trust."
>From underneath Nel's hoof, he moans out,
>"It was just for self defense, I-I didn't want to hurt anypo--"
>But Nel silences him with a quick bop to the cheek.
"I know Speckle, but Nel's not the only one here who could beat you in a fight, fighting your way out of here or even trying to defend yourself here would be a stupid idea."
>Nel now flips Speckle onto his front and hogties his four hooves together.
>Then, she plops him onto the bed and sits down next to him, still breathing rather heavily.
>He stammers from the bed, but remains incoherent, and Nel then approaches you.
>"Pretty sure he saw me during the little wrestling we did. How well I'm not sure. And do you have anything in mid for a punishment? I don't want to let the little shit know he can just get away with that sort of thing..."
>She rubs a temple,
>"Hit me pretty good. Probably would have had a hard time if you didn't distract him."

>input action
>>
Pausing for maybe an hour or two here. Been a slow weekend, but I might try running during the week. We'll see.
>>
>>26976470
Any punishments would just make him close up more and be more paranoid. We should consider looking into finding out who his family is just in case we need insurance. Say it loud enough for him to hear.
>>
>>26976470
We have punish him enough, maybe its time to punish his family.

( actually I just want to see his reaction)
>>
>>26976609
What? That's an awful idea. Mentioning insurance like above >>26976522 is more subtle.
>>
>>26976522
>You shake your head, speaking just slightly louder than you should be, to let Speckle overhear.
"No, any punishment would just make him close up more and get him more paranoid. Somepony's done enough damage to the poor guy already."
>Nel sputters a little at your wording, but you ignore it.
"But we should look into finding out who his family members are. Just as an insurance policy."
>Nel grins and looks over to Speckle.
>If he overheard, he's not letting it show
>"Not a bad idea, I'll get Kis on the task."
>She whispers back, at a lower volume than you used.
>She exits, but you spend a moment looking over the beaten Speckle on the bed.
>He's just doing his job, and he's a cop.
>You understand why he's scared.
>But you're also just doing your job.
>Twitch is just doing her job.

>You exit the room a little shaken, locking it behind you.
>It passes before you hit the bottom of the stairs, and you take a deep breath at the bottom, fiddling with your braid.
>Nel is already talking with Kis, and Providence is still missing.
>Kis wears a rather worried expression, but Nel seems rather relaxed despite her recent beating.

>input action
>>
>>26978026
He's taken care of. He shouldn't be trying to escape anymore.

He did see Nel, though.
>>
>>26978055
>You enter the office and interrupt, thinking that whatever Nel's saying can't be helpful to the situation.
"Speckle's taken care of, and shouldn't be trying anything more. He did see Nel though."
>Kis nods nervously,
>"Yes, I heard from the mare herself. This is bad, but not unfixable... Now Nel, I have to say this might be your last job for a while."
>Nel's jaw drops,
>"H-Hey, now hold on. If I hadn't wrestled him down he'd be free to escape, probably have the layout of the whole building memorized by now. I save the day and that's how you treat me? T-Throw me away? I need this job to pay my rent... You can't do that Kis, that's just not fair!"
>Nel is already getting mad from the look in her eyes, and Kis scrambles to open a drawer below her,
>"Now, Nel, I understand you're mad about this... W-We don't need more violence today, but the police can't know your identity. I can send you on vacation if you like, a few months until these stallions forget all about you... D-Does that sound nice Twitch? Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?"
>Kis asks you, eyes wide and fearful.

>input action
>>
>>26978184
Kis, I want you to slow down for a couple minutes. Just breathe.
>>
>>26978209
I think Nel needs to calm down too
>>
I know now isn't the time, but we really do need to tell Kis about that stallion following us at some point.
>>
>>26978296
I figured that was just coincidence that we ran into him at two fashion things.. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to describe him.
>>
>>26978209
>>26978229
"Both of you, I want you to slow down, take it easy, and breathe."
>You say, putting hooves between them.
>Nel slaps you out of the way, but after a second, stops and falls back to the chair behind her.
>With her retreat, Kis follows suit and sighs.
>"Nel, I want you to go home and take it easy today... We can discuss this at a later time, when everypony's not so high strung."
>Nel shakes her head and stands, exiting without a word.
>Once she's out, Kis stretches out and stands up.
>"Glad that didn't escalate."
>She says shutting her desk drawer.
>"Take it easy Twitch, you've dealt with enough today. How's the job coming along?"
>As you head for the door, you nod.
"Well. Skye has our mark, and I've got out plan. My one question, where's the carriage you promised?"
>She shrugs,
>"It'll be outside here tomorrow, come pick it up then."
"Ah, good."
>You say with a sense of finality.
"Tomorrow?"
>Kis nods
>"Tomorrow."

>It's a lonely walk home, and an early one too.
>When you arrive, Tally is nowhere to be found, possibly at her new job.
>It's strange to take in an empty house after having it filled for so long.
>What to do now?
>You could take a seat and wait for one of your and Tally's soap operas (The Puzzling Times of Penelope Squeeze) on the radio.
>Or maybe handle some more cleaning, to calm your nerves after the eventful day.
>Or nap.
>Napping's a great way to settle down.

>input action
>>
>>26978487
Napping is good.

We've had to keep a level head as Twitch for a long time, we must be mentally drained.
>>
>>26978517
>You collapse onto the couch and close your eyes for a nice nap.
>Keeping your cool really is draining, and you take comfort in even numbers as you drift off to sleep.
>2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64...

>You awaken suddenly, and find yourself enveloped in a hug.
>While you'd been asleep, Tally had snuck up on you and pulled you into a cuddle.
>Her hooves smell a little like paper, and she snores a little in her sleep, breath tickling the fur on your face.
>She looks sort of like a cat from your position, napping without a care in the world.
>It's rather dark outside now, and below you your stomach growls in annoyance.
>Did you have lunch?
>You don't remember eating.
>Suddenly, a knock on the door startles you from your restful state.
>You move gently to exit Tally's hug, but alas, the weight of her hooves is too great for a gentle exit.

>input action
>>
>>26978810
Clearly we need to tickle her awake.
>>
Sorry for the short thread, but I think I'll end it off here for the night. April Fools messed with my schedule. I'm also feeling a little burnt out, but I'm sure it'll pass. Just need to practice on improving. Thanks as always for playing, cheers. Tickles will resume next time.
>>
>>26978928
And to elaborate, I'm not having fun running. When I'm not having fun, I imagine nobody else is either. I'm trying to find ways to keep the quest interesting, but it's just dragging on and I'm really not sure how to keep it moving along. Any ideas/criticisms would be appreciated. Apologies for the blog.
>>
>>26979118
>I'm not having fun running.
I am surprised to hear that.
>When I'm not having fun, I imagine nobody else is either.
Honestly, I'm having a blast.
>I'm trying to find ways to keep the quest interesting, but it's just dragging on and I'm really not sure how to keep it moving along.
It's moving along great. Are we talking about the same quest?
>Any ideas/criticisms would be appreciated.
If you think the quest is moving too slowly then speed it up. If you want to get to the good parts it's as easy as saying "the next few hours pass fairly quickly as you X, Y, and Z, and before you know it, it's time for that one thing".
>Apologies for the blog.
No worries, m8. Never be afraid to talk to us about anything or ask for feedback.
>>
>>26979118
If you're getting bored then mix it up. Go on a tangent. Have a "meanwhile" segment. Maybe we could help Tally make a good impression at her new job or something, and then return to controlling Sharpie when we're closer to springing the trap.
>>
>>26979118
>I'm not having fun, I imagine nobody else is either
That's a shame, but personally I'm enjoying it very much. If you need a break or whatever then go for it.
>I'm trying to find ways to keep the quest interesting, but it's just dragging on
>Any ideas/criticisms would be appreciated
As the autist who tries to play everything, I think that this is one of the best quests on the board.
I'm fine with the pacing, the characters are great and the situations are interesting.
The whole thing is cohesive and consistent. The challenges feel organic and solvable without being obvious.
The only real problem I have with it is the other players :^)
>>
>>26979118
I'm having a lot of fun, and I think the quest is moving along at a fine pace.
I'm sorry you're not enjoying yourself.
>>
>>26981150
>as the autist who tries to play everything
You mean as "a" autist who tries to play everything. I am glad to hear I am not the only one. I care that you exist.
>>
>>26979704
>>26979785
>>26981150
>>26981498
Well, it's good to hear people are still enjoying the quest. A tangent does sound like fun, playing someone else like Tally or even Kis could be interesting while Sharp and her team set up. I also don't like constant time skips. However, I think it's just me having to find a balance between zero and too much. All in all, I guess I'm just worrying more than I should and need to relax.
>>
>>26981726
Just want to add another post to say that I'm enjoying it immensely, even though I don't get to play most of the time.

I hope you're able to have fun with it, I would hate to have you get burnt out.I just found out we lost Unique to that sort of thing.
>>
>>26982697
This. I'd really not have this one die towards the beginning/middle
>>
>>26984993
>>
Figured I had time for an update.
>>26978826
>A devilish grin comes over you.
>Softly, you begin dragging a hoof around Tally's belly, and reach for her opposite hoofpit.
>She makes a quiet snort, but stays sleeping.
>All part of the plan.
>But suddenly, there's another knock at the door, much louder this time.
>Someone's impatient.
>To your dismay, Tally awakens with a groan, and to save face you begin furiously rubbing and tickling.
>She's shocked still for a moment as you cootchie-coo her hoofpit, then bursts into laughter and rolls atop you, smooshing you into the couch cushions.
>Yet you keep up the offensive.
>Knowing her Achilles heel, the small of her back where her tail begins, you move the hoofpit tickling hoof down, rubbing in parallel the top and bottom of her figure.
>More giggles and grunts from Tally, who continues to push you into the cushions.
>Eventually, when you think she's squirmed enough, the rubbing ceases.
>She's still giggling even after you finish, and curls up on top of you to catch her breath.
>But when she finishes, you know you're in for it.
>As she stretches back out atop you there's fire in her eyes, and a somewhat excited look on her face.
>You try to squirm out from your wedged predicament within the couch, a futile effort saved by good fortune.
>As Tally goes in for the coup de gras, the knock on the door rings out once again.
>Tally stops mid tickle strike and the wild grin she donned before turns to mild disappointment.
>Even then, that quickly turns to embarrassment and she mumbles,
>"Bathroom, you get door... I'll get you back for that one Sharp, mark my words."
>And rushes off, slamming the door behind her.
>You let out a sigh of relief as you head to the door, spared of tickle mania for at least the moment.
>Outside is a slightly annoyed looking stallion.
>"Sorry to interrupt whatever was going on in here, but I'm looking for a Sharp Catalog. Want to talk business with her."

>input action
>>
>>26984993
>>26985606
>>26986011
>>
>>26986985
Sorry, do I know you? What's this about?
>>
>>26986985
And what is this business regarding?
>>
>>26986985
>Sorry to keep you waiting, you have the mare in the flesh.

DON'T PANIC THEY CAN'T KNOW THAT YOU'RE A DIRTY CRIMINAL OH CELESTIA WHY
>>
What could this possibly be about?

We didn't use our real name on any of the jobs we went out on.

Seems odd that someone working for Kis would go looking for us at our home using our real name, unless it was incredibly urgent.
This is really, really worrying in any case. Unless this has to do with the grocery store we tried to run?
>>
>>26987007
>>26987011
>>26987129
"W-Well, sorry to keep you waiting but you have your mare in the flesh. Do I know you?"
>He shakes his head and laughs,
>"Oh, Celestia no, but I've heard good things about you Ms. Catalog. Organized, helpful, and successful to boot."
>You nervously scrunch as that last statement,
>How does this guy know your name?
>You were so careful, he can't be from any of your jobs.
>But if he isn't, then where?
"I-I'm sorry but I don't quite know what you mean..."
>You stammer, now getting a little spooked.
>Is it your grocery store he wants to talk about?
>What sort of business does he mean?
>"I'm a friend of Kis, and she's told me about you. I guess business was a bit hasty of me to say, I more just wanted to meet you."
>He extends a hoof
>"Drachma, at your service."
>You reach back,
"S-Sharp. Oh, but you already knew that. I-Uh, call me Twitch."
>You offer, hoping he'd use your business name.
>"Well then Twitch, are you avalible for a little discussion right now? I'm someone you can trust, ask Kis about me. Might seem surprised I went to meet you, but she'll confirm my worth."

>input action
>>
>>26987343
Let's step outside, quickly.
Tell him that you try to keep your "business" and social lives separate, for obvious reasons.

We can talk, but not here.
>>
>>26987343
I think I remember Kis mentioning you. You're Kismet's employer, right?
>>
>>26987343
We can talk, but we need to go somewhere safe.

Not here, my roommate is home.
>>
>>26987404
>>26987368
>>26987525
>The name's familiar,
"I believe I think Kis mentioned you... You're her employer, right?"
>He laughs,
>"Kis mentioned me? Well, yes, I'm her boss. Middle management if you will. Every so often she'll mention ponies she particularly likes to me and you were one of them this quarter. Made quick work around here from what she's told me. So, I make it a mission to go meet them, both for business and personal reasons."
>You nod and step outside with him, now worridly looking to the bathroom,
"I understand, but I like to keep my business and personal lives seperate. We can talk, but not here."
>Drachma nods,
>"I can respect that. A later date then. I'll relay something through Kis. Does that sound satisfactory?"

>input action

Might be the last update for tonight.
>>
>>26987561
If you'd like to talk now, we could do so, but maybe we could take a walk?
>>
>>26987561
That sounds fine.

>>26987574
I'd rather confirm that this is who we think it is with Kis first. For all we know he's a cop.
>>
>>26988548
I understand being safe and agree with you.

I really do think this guy is who he says he is. According to the opening post, this is the guy who decided to employ us to pay off our debt and is the one who delivers jobs to Kis for us to do.

We owe it to him that we're not at the bottom of a lake with a pair of concrete horseshoes.
>>
>>26988591
>I really do think this guy is who he says he is.
Oh, me too. Which is why he'll be more impressed with us for showing we are cautious and don't take unnecessary risks.
>>
>>26988625
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>26987574
>>26988548
>>26988591
>>26988625
>>26988672
"I'd take you on a walk now, but I really would rather talk with Kis about this first. Just to confirm."
>Drachma grins widely,
>"Well, I'm glad to hear that. I do hope you have a wonderful evening Twitch."
>He says with a small wink before trotting off down the hall and leaving you to think.
>As your mind goes back, you remember more about what Kis mentioned.
>This guy's her boss, and in turn probably the guy who hired you to do this work with her.
>While you do trust he's actually the stallion he says he is, this seems a more cautious way to deal with the situation, and he couldn't have been happier to hear it.
>You owe him a lot, and whatever he wants it'd be best to follow along.
>Now, you head back into the apartment and take a seat back on the couch.
>Tally's still in the restroom, and you oddly think about if she's going #1 or #2, hoping the latter.
>But your mind shifts from her restroom habits to dinner, as your stomach is still pretty growly.
>Should you ask Tally what she wants, or just head to the fridge and check out the options?

>input action

Had time for one more, since the thread's up. Would you all prefer these sort of intermittent weekday updates, or just want to keep the longer weekend sessions?
>>
>>26989246
I'm fine with the intermittent schedule though I hope the long weekend posts stay the norm. If you just add a few posts during the weekdays that would be ideal.

Let's check our options so we can give Tally the proper information she needs to make a choice.
>>
>>26989246
>and you oddly think about if she's going #1 or #2, hoping the latter.
Okay? That one made me a little uncomfortable.

Let's just go to the fridge and make something. Asking each other what we want usually just devolves into a loop of 'I dunno, what do you want?'
>>
>>26989246
I like both. Your call.
>>
File: smileman.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
smileman.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>26989246
>>26989292
>>Tally's still in the restroom, and you oddly think about if she's going #1 or #2, hoping the latter.
At first I thought Sharp might be eccentric, but now I'm fairly certain that she's mentally ill.
I really hope the lewd is filled with moments like this
>>
>>26989292
>>26989362
I mean, she thought it was odd too. Does seem a little too far though.
>>
>>26989396
You're crazy. That was beautiful. I love our mentally ill spaghetti horse.
>>
Poor mentally ill poner.
>>
>>26990015
Awesome mentally ill poner.
>>
>>26990509
Mentally ill poner a qt
>>
>>26991060
Still sick tho
>>
File: image.png (110 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110 KB, 1000x1000
>>26992070
Spagoots.
>>
>>26989292
>>26989362
>>26989396
I'll keep it eccentric, not creepy in the future. Reading it again, I don't like it either.
>>
>>26992568
I think it was alright, by virtue of the fact that she herself realized it was weird as hell. I find it adorable when Sharpie has moments of self-awareness and wonders what the hell is wrong with her.
>>
>>26992568
>>26993816
I think I agree. As long as Sharp understands that that thought was weird as fuck, even for her, it's fine.
>>
>>26993974
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
>>
>>26995485
>>
>>26996238
>>
>>26989286
>>26989292
>>26989306
>You trot over to the fridge to check your options.
>Tally'd just gone to the market, so it's more replete in terms of stock than last time
>For veggies, you've got a few heads of lettuce, some tomatoes, spinach, and two green bell peppers.
>There's still a few slices of salmon on the bottom shelf in wrapped paper, but to it has been added some tinned sardines (One of Tally's favorites).
>The middle shelf holds a pack of eggs, butter, pre-cooked rice in tupperware, bagged carrots and a pair of Granny Smith apples.
>Finally, the top shelf holds your quarantine corner, some yogurt, milk, orange juice, and a prepacked "Mac'n'Cheese: Serves 2!"
>As always, the sidebar contains various condiments, four cans of cheap beer and some cheeses, stored away in a small plastic compartment.
>After looking through that, some quick ideas pop to mind.
>Two salads would be one, that mac and cheese another, and the fish a third and final one.

>input action
>>
>>26998035
I vote mac and cheese. Perfect comfort food.
>>
>>26998050
I agree.
>>
How long must we wait for our cheesy noodles?
>>
>>26998608
Forever
>>
>>26998050
>>26998059
>You decide to start cooking up the mac and cheese, it's a wonderful comfort food for these sort of in-nights.
>It's pretty easy to prepare, a little mixing, sprinkling of breadcrumbs, pop it in a pan and wah-lah, ready for the oven.
>Shortly after you toss it inside, a very sleepy looking Tally enters the kitchen, bearing a dopey grin.
>"H-Hey Sharp..."
>She coos,
>"What's for dinner?"
>She continues as she slides into a chair at the table and rests her head upon it.
"Ah, just some of that baked mac and cheese you got."
>You say as you sit down next to her.
"How was work?"
>You ask excitedly, and Tally's dopey grin turns to giggles,
>"I really didn't do much today, it seems tomorrow's going to be a bigger day. I just got led around by some interns, learned the lay of the land, met a few colleagues and the like. Tomorrow I'm meeting my boss and getting to work though. Hoping to make a good first impression!"
"Oh, Good luck!"
>She blushes a little,
>"Oh, I'm sure it'll go fine... We've got the play this Thursday, excited at all?"
>Just excited?
"Are you kidding? It's going to be awesome, even if Willow isn't playing some huge part. It's like a two-in-one deal, seeing a play and supporting our friend!"
>You say with pleased, even happiness.
>"You would be happy about a two-in-one, even numbers are why I don't take you shopping anymore."
>Tally snickers, and you shoot back an indignant look,
"That was one time, and it was only a dozen bottles of malt vinegar."
>When Tally follows up with a deadpan look, you moan
"Come on Tally, it was the only way to get an even milliliter count! And it was just that one time too..."
>You end this statement with a pout, and Tally rolls her eyes
>"Because I haven't taken you since... Ah, guess I'll cut you some slack, next time we go, you can come."
>You perk up signifigantly at this statement, and the two of you break into frenzied giggles after a small silence.
>"Really thirsty..."
>Tally muses idly,
>>
>>26999336
>While she retrieves a glass and some tap water, you sit back and look over the nighttime skyline.
>It's a rather pretty sight, stars dancing in the heavens and the moon barely poking over the buildings.
>But after Tally returns with her water and you've counted 203 stars in the sky, you make an effort to view one last one before grabbing the now crispy, cheesy noodles from the oven and placing it onto the table.
>Without another word, Tally digs straight into the pan, not even waiting for a plate.
>" 'esh good!"
>She proclaims, and not wanting to be outdone, you grab a fork and eat straight from the pan too.
>It burns your mouth and throat as it goes down, but in that painful, gooey, oh so satisfying way.
>After Tally steals the last bite off your fork, she sprints off to the bathroom cackling like a witch, leaving you on cleanup for the umpteenth time.
>Not that you mind, you get a good natured chuckle from her antics as you wash the pan up.
>It's quite the paradox, that because you used less to eat you spend less time cleaning up and thus have more time to enjoy other things.
>But you're also cleaning less and thus have less time to enjoy cleaning.
>The predicaments of life.
>By the time you've finished washing up and brushing your teeth, Tally is already bundled tightly into the bed.
>As you try to hop in, she pulls the covers out from atop you, and the two of you fall into a small tug of war for the sheets, until eventually collapsing into an exhausted cuddle underneath.

>"Tonight was a silly night..."
>Tally mumbles.
"I like silly nights!"
>You giggle back, and as she pulls you close, she whispers back,
>"Me too."
>Before relaxing and nestling her face up the pillow below.
>"Night Sharp."
"Good night Tally."
>"To silly nights."

>>26998608
Too long. Perhaps it's better to let the thread die for now.
>>
>>26999336
Well, we have milk, orange juice, water, and milk. what are you thirsty for?
>>
>>26999357
Good night, aight. See you tomorrow.
>>
P10Save
>>
>>27000479
>>
>>26992568
There's nothing wrong with getting those weird thoughts that just pop into your head.
The fact that Sharpie gets them too and they get colored by her particular brand of autism is great.
>>
>>27001436
Agreed.
>>
Bumpus.
>>
>>27002505
Bump.
Bump.

Two for evenness.
>>
Bump goddamn it.
>>
I don't think I'm going to have enough time to update for a little while, so it might be best to let the thread die until Friday.
>>
>>27004379
Fine. I'm disappointed, but I understand.
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.