[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NORTHERN EXCURSION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: NORTH.png (419 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
NORTH.png
419 KB, 600x600
https://www.anonpone.com/northern

>Previously
Rem, Mera, Terra and Gingersnap left the outpost to go investigate the signal, and to have Mera meet the sphere. Upon reaching the source of the signal, they found evidence that the previous team had met the sphere, and somehow mutated members of the team. One of the team members, Pyrite, was found connected to the radio station. He was the one sending the distress signal. Mera was able to connect Rem to him, and was able to confirm that the evidence was correct. They took Pyrite's body from the outpost, and left back to the base. They decided that they would have Mera meet the sphere another time. Back at the base, they put Pyrite's body into the heater, hoping that his body has the same properties as Mera's, and that it should help him heal.
>>
File: north132.png (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
north132.png
29 KB, 600x600
>>26955110
"Hmm.. well, warmth seems to be a key thing in this situation. It certainly did Mera a good while incubating, not sure what it might do to him though. Maybe we could try talking to him again? If only just to check his mental state?"
>"Sounds like a plan. I'm gonna get the heater set up. You do your mind-ready thing."
"Ha-ha."
She chuckles.
You look at the body.
"Mera?"
She hands you her hoof.
>"Are you ready?"
"Mhm."
She touches Pyrite's forehead, and you close your eyes.
It's still cold, but it's much warmer than before.
"Hello?"
>"h... hello..."
"We've brought you back to the base, and we're setting up the heater now."
>"I... know..."
Oh, you hadn't thought that he was able to perceive what was going on.
"O-oh. Are you still okay with going through with this?"
>"Y... Yes..."
"Alright. We'll be sure to keep you safe."
>"Th... thank you..."
Mera pulls you back. Sea foam's looking at you.
"What?"
>"Nothin. I just think it's neat that you can do that."
You blush a little.
"Thanks."
Patches points to the heater.
>"So do we juts put him in?"
>"I think so. We won't make it too hot. I can monitor his vitals from these screens. You wanna put him in, Mera?"
She nods and helps Sea Foam place the body into the heater. She shuts the door, and the heater glows warmly.
>"So, now we wait."
Patches walks up to the window on the heater.
>"Is that it?"
"I think so."
>"Hmmm. So what are you going to do now?"
>>
>>26955113
For the love of god and all that is holy!
Get Seafoam to take a sample from you so she can check for signs of mutation!
>>
>>26955210
Good idea actually. We should regularly sample the crew to check for mutation. Would daily be reasonable?
>>
>>26955213
With how quickly Mera grew from a chunk of space trash. Yes, daily does sound reasonable, I'd suggest doing it more often but we shouldn't exhaust Seafoam.
>>
>>26955110
>just took my sleeping medication
>refresh the front page one last time
>NE is starting
Fucking really, Katie Preston?
I'll get one suggestion in, but then I'm out. Please don't die while I sleep guys.

>>26955113
Tell the AIs about Pyrite connecting to the computer systems of his base.
Why am I the only one worried about this?
>>
>>26955233
Because there's only been three replies that were paranoid about an entirely different thing.
>>
>>26955233
I'm feeling the Burn! Yes Tell the AIs since we did kinda tell MIASS ti step up security.
>>
>>26955233
>>26955239
And because the poor bastard was pleading for death ten in-game minutes ago. Do you really think HE'S going to be the one to go fucking Skynet on us? I mean REALLY?
>>
>>26955233
>>26955247
Regardless we do need to keep someone with him at all times to make sure he doesn't grow into the computer systems. He's massively mutated, there's no way to tell yet how sane he really is or if he's under another being's influence.
>>
>>26955313
Hooray! I can
>be Anon
Again!
>>
>>26955113
>>26955210
"Not sure. But... I think it'd be best to test everyone who touched the samples or the sphere for signs of mutation."
>"Is that what happened with him?"
"We don't really know. We just know that another mutated team member attacked him, then this happened."
>"Sheesh, must have been tough . Alrighty, yeah. Lemme get some equipment ready."
She rummages through some shelves and pulls up a tray with some utensils on it.
>"So, we need to just take a little prick from your arm and we'll have a sample. Did everyone here touch the sphere?"
"I'm not sure. Should we ask the rest of the team?"
>"Sure! I'll go with you so we can get the samples out of the way quickly."
She packs the utensils into a bag.
>"Ready when you are!"
"Okay, let's-"
You pause for a moment.
"Uh, Maiss? You here?"
{NO}
"So, hey..."
You look back at Pyrite in the heater.
"Pyrite was hooked up to the radio system at the other outpost. He was controlling it somehow."
{AND?}
"Well, I don't think he'd try to, but I think it'd be good to keep an eye on your systems. In the off chance that someone who's mutated can control you or Aliss."
{A RADIO SYSTEM IS NOT COMPARABLE TO-}
"I know, I know. Just, for my sake?"
{FINE.}
"Thank you."
You motion for Sea Foam to follow you to the door.
"Oh, Patches?"
>"Yes?"
"Do you think you could stay here with Mera and Pyrite? Just so someone can watch over them?"
>"Cmon, she's a full grown mare now. Every parent has to let their child act on their own sometime."
"What?"
>"I'm not very good at making jokes. Sure, I'll stay with them."
"Thanks Patches."
You look at Mera.
>"I'll be back, okay?"
She nods, and you head back to the main building.
1/2
>>
>>26955449

You've gathered everyone in the rec room. Sea Foam is going from pony to pony pricking their arms with a little device. Cherry looks a bit apprehensive.
>"So, why are we doing this?"
Sea Foam responds faster than you can.
>"We're just gonna test your cells for any signs of mutation."
>"Wait, mutation? From what?"
"The sphere."
>"O-oh."
>"AH! hey that hurt!"
Prism is rubbing his arm.
>"I didn't say it was going to not hurt. I'm taking sample from your skin, silly."
>"Still, you could have warned me."
She pricks Circuit's arm. The little mare doesn't even flinch. Sea Foam grins at Prism. Circuit looks at you with a confused face. You can practically see the realization snap onto her face.
>"Oh! u-uhh, o-owie!"
She nervously laughs, trying to console a defeated looking Prism.
Sea Foam walks to you.
>"Alrighty, just hold out your arm annnnd... there we go!"
It did feel a little uncomfortable, but it wasn't really that painful.
>"Just a few mo-"
{REM.}
"Yeah?"
{PATCHES WANTS TO TALK TO YOU.}
"Okay."
The speakers crackle.
>{Hey uh, Rem?}
"Yes?"
>{Something weird just happened.}
"What do you mean weird?"
>{Uh, Mera just got a little cut on her arm.}
"What? But that-"
Sea Foam leans towards you and whispers.
>"Hey, look at your arm."
"My arm?"
You look down. The cut from taking the sample is healed over.
>{Rem? You there?}
What do you do?
>>
>>26955454
No, you're talking to a very advanced answering machine.
>>
>>26955454
Looks like we have a more interesting bond than previously expected. We just had a sample taken from us, it looks like Mera somehow healed it and took the damage herself.
>>
>>26955509
So Mera just learned Pain Split?
>>
>>26955517
A one-sided pain split yeah.
>>
>>26955454
Go to Mera, calmly tell her what you think that you getting the sample taken from you may have hurt her. Ask her if she knows anything about it.
Show that you are concerned for her but not frightened. We don't want her panicking but we do want her to know that we care.
>>
>>26955537
She already took a lot more damage prior, I doubt she's going to freak out over a cut. It'd be very weird for us to freak out over a cut too.
>>
>>26955524
Well that's a shitty move. Good thing she can use Recover or she'd be stuck in BL forever.
>>
>>26955509
>>26955537
"Y-yeah, I'll be right there."
You look to Sea Foam.
"I'll be in the lab, alright?"
>"You got it!"
She gives you a little salute and you rush to the lab.
---
You walk into the room, Patches is looking at Mera's arm.
"Is she alright?"
>"I think so. The cut healed up, but she has a little scar there."
You look at Mera.
"Does it still hurt?"
>"No."
"How did this happen?"
>"I felt that you were in pain, so I made it so you didn't feel it anymore."
You rub the healed wound on your arm. It's not hurting anymore, but the thought that she hurt herself because of you...
"You can do that, huh?"
She nods.
Looks like you two are connected to each other more than you thought.
Patches rubs his chin.
>"Wait, so can you do that with the others?"
>"No. Just Rem."
>"Why is that?"
>"She is my mother."
>"But, don't you share DNA with others here?"
>"Yes, but I only can connect with my mother."
>"And you don't know why?"
>"No."
He sighs.
>"Yeah, I don't really know what I was expecting."
Mera looks at you.
>"Did I do something wrong?"
>>
>>26955802
Stretch up and give her a small kiss on the forehead.

There's nothing wrong at all, what you did was very sweet. But, I don't want you to hurt yourself just because of me all the time. I'm a big girl and can handle a little pain. If I walk into an end table and bump my knee that'll teach me to watch out for that end table. If I'm severely injured and you want to help... Well, that's up to you. You can heal faster so logically it'd make sense for you to do that. But I don't want to see you in pain either.
>>
I'm gonna take a pause here.
See you all tomorrow!
>>
>>26955864
>>
>>26955837
Rem is gonna get severely injured. Mera's going to heal us but die in the process.
gg no re
>if you want to help thats up to you
No, that is not what a mother says. Tell her she shouldnt heal us, no matter what. Keeping herself safe should be her priority
>>
>>26958713
As opposed to the more likely scenario of:
Rem is mortally injured. Mera's not going to heal us from what would not be a mortal injury to her, Rem is going to die. gg no re

We're her mother but she has her own autonomy. We might not want her to do something but letting her know it's ok to make her own decisions in extreme situations is a good thing. Training her to rely on others for decision making can easily come back to bite us in the ass.

We really should question if it's an all or nothing situation though. If we're severely injured and she can share some of the damage which would ensure both of our lives, that would be the best scenario. Effectively more of a "Don't do too much and put yourself at risk"
>>
>>26959074
Considering how Mera was perfectly fine healing her own injuries, this one left a scar. Also, we should really go see the sphere as soon as possible. Maybe it can sort some of this out, or at least get some answers. I do want to see if pyrite's condition gets better though. Maybe we can vote for a timeskip? Go to sleep maybe?
>>
Bub
>>
>>26958713
I agree. We should tell her not to do that just to spare us pain. We should be specific on that though. Don't hurt yourself just to spare us pain.

Don't mention sparing us significant harm or death.
>>
beb
>>
What we need to tell her is to assess the situation and determine if it's worth it to use her power we. Want her to know that she's just as important to Rem as Rem is to Mera. I don't want her killing herself just to save Rem. Mera has an entire life ahead of her, and I don't want her to cut it short just for our sake, as noble as that may be.
Maybe we should teach her. About firefighters and paramedics. Let her know about the individuals who do sometimes risk their lives to save others. It might help her understand what kind of assessments should be made about dangerous situations an what medical action she can take without harming herself.
>>
>>26963565
>>
>>26965744
>>
>>26966422
>>
>>26967708
>>
File: north133.png (16 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
north133.png
16 KB, 600x457
>>26955802
>>26955837
>>26964991
You let out a sigh.
"No, you didn't. What you did was very sweet, but I don't want you to hurt yourself for me. You're very important to me, and I can't imagine what I'd do if I got you hurt."
>"What should I do if you get hurt?"
"Well, I can't stop you from making your own decisions, and I wont. If you want to take action, then it's up to you to do it, but..."
You think for a moment,
"Mera, there are ponies who risk their lives for others. Emergency responders who show up when they're needed. They do things like that all the time, but they know how to assess situations and what actions to take without harming themselves. I'd want you to be able to do the same."
You stretch up to give her a kiss on the forehead. You put one hoof on her face and smile at her.
"It should be my job to make sure you stay safe. Not the other way around. Besides, you have your whole life ahead of you. You shouldn't cut it short for my sake."
You wrap your arms around her.
The door to the lab opens.
>"Hey, I got all the sam-"
Sea Foam stops and walks over to Patches.
>"I'm not interrupting anything am I?"
>"No, just a little mother-daughter moment."
>"Oh, okay, well I got all the samples! Now to see if there's anything weird going on in them."
>"How long will it take?"
>"Hmmm, about 2 hours give or take. You guys gonna do stuff while you wait?"
>>
>>26968608
Talk with Patches (alone, of course).
Subtly try to see if we can get him to tell us how he really feels about Rem.
>>
>>26968608
Is there any way to streamline the test? Considering mutation is now a known danger I'd like for everyone to get tested daily.
>>
>>26968821
2 hours of flirting. Good idea, we need to bring back Rem's perversion. We've been way to serious lately.

>>26968843
Daily testing is a bit much.
>>
>>26968847
Mutation is what seems to have brought the other team down. I'd rather know about it before hand if at all possible. I'd also like to do a psych evaluation of everyone at this point but that would take way too much real time if we had to play through it.
>>
>>26968821
>>26968843
>>26968847
>>26968872
"Actually, Patches and I have some stuff to talk about. Maybe we can get that done?"
Patches raises an eyebrow at you.
>"Sure?"
Sea Foam chuckles.
>"Well, I won't stop you two from doing your thing. You going with them, Mera?"
Mera looks to Pyrite.
>"I'll stay here with you and Pyrite."
>"You sure?"
She nods.
>"He doesn't want to be left alone."
>"Alrighty then. I'll keep an eye on her, Rem. You go do your stuff!"
You blush a little.
"Y-yeah. Thanks Sea Foam. Call us when it's done, alright?"
She smiles.
>"You got it!"
You and Patches head back to the main building.
The door closes behind you. You'll never get used to the sudden shift from the cold to the climate controlled outpost. You shake off some snow that fell on you.
>"So, we have some stuff to talk about?"
Your eyes go wide.
You said that. Why did you say that?
"U-uh, well..."
What do you say?
>>
>>26969123
So, uh, Patches. You told me once that you should get know someone before you do anything... rash.
Well, I'd like to think we know each other a little better now.
Could we maybe... sometime... cuddle again?
>>
>>26969123

I'd rather Terra not have to think about this at the moment, but we have to consider that maybe the things that have been stalking me, are the mutated remains of the other team. What happened to Pyrite seems to have been caused by a mutated member of the team wounding him. At least that's how it looks at the moment. Hopefully Pyrite will be able to tell us more.
>>
File: 1430845570395.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1430845570395.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>26968608
>about 2 hours
It's already too late.
>>
beb
>>
>>26970927
>>
>>26971573
>>
>>26972219
>>
>>26973388
>>
>>26974859
>>
>>26975379
>>
>>26976201
>>
>>26977333
rip
>>
>>26978016
rip nips until tonight when he reappears
>>
>>26978823
>>
>>26969123
"U-uh actually yes. But, I think it'd be best if Terra didn't know about this."
>"Understood."
"Alright. I think there's a possibility that the things that have been stalking us could be the other team."
>"How so?"
"Well, Pyrite's condition was apparently caused by a mutated member of his team attacking him, at least that's what I've gathered."
>"And you think that they're still alive?"
"Maybe. Pyrite is, so it might not be too far fetched to assume the others are too."
>"I see. I'll keep that in mind. Was there anything else?"
"No. Well... no."
>"Really?"
"U-uh... not that it's really important but... you told me once that you should get know someone before you do anything... rash."
Your face starts to get beet red.
"W-well, I'd like to think we know each other a-a little better now. Could we maybe... sometime..."
>"Yes?"
"C-cuddle again?"
Patches lets out a laugh that catches you off guard.
"Wh-what's so funny?"
He rubs his eye.
>"You. You really don't let anything phase you, huh?"
"Wh-what do you mean?"
>"You just brought back a mutated pony, and you think that the other team is out there stalking us as creatures who were changed by the sphere."
"Well, when you work at an asylum for 20 years you kinda get used to strange stuff happening. You wouldn't believe the things I've seen."
>"I bet I could beat your strangest story."
"Is that a challenge?"
He chuckles.
"So.. do you want to?"
>"Sure, sounds nice."
You smile and head to the rec room. Maybe later you could cuddle in a more privat-
Cherry's face blocks your way.
"Um, are you al-"
>"I don't think I can stay here."
"What? What's wrong?"
>"I heard what you just said. About the other team possibly being what's out there. I-I don't want to stay here. I can't stay here. Please, can- can you just call me a pickup?"
>>
>>26979544
fuck fuck fuck
it's starting
we're all going to go crazy and die

uh, try to comfort her I guess? I mean, as long as we take care we won't end up like them

right?
>>
>>26979544
Ask her to come somewhere private with us so we can talk this out.
>>
>>26979544

Use our super magic psychiatrist powers to reassure her
>>
>>26979544
If Cherry leaves, others will probably want to go too and the mission would be over. Can't really blame her though, things are getting scarry.
>>
>>26979544
It is time to break out our 1337 psychology skills.

>>26979639
Comforting her is only a bandage- she needs to be reminded she is a professional and a grown-ass mare who has work to do, not some simpering foal who needs a security blanket. We are all in this together and we will keep one another safe, but it takes every member of the team to do that.
>>
>>26979701
Don't forget the loss of her unique skill set.
>>
File: north134.png (9 KB, 514x467) Image search: [Google]
north134.png
9 KB, 514x467
>>26979544
>>26979639
>>26979642
>>26979699
>>26979701
>>26979707
"Look, Cherry-"
>"No. I don't want you to try and get into my head to change my mind. I've made my decision. I want to leave."
"Can we please talk in a more private-"
>"NO. Please I just want to leave."
"Cherry. If you leave, the others might go too, and the mission will end. You're a grown mare, and we need everyone here to keep each other safe."
>"N-"
"And your skillset is valuable to us. We don't know what kind of things we'll need-"
>"I DON'T WANT TO DIE, REM!"
She falls to the floor.
>"I-I don't want to die..."
>>
>>26979849
"I don't want to die either, Cherry. But if we don't stick together...I don't think that'd bode well for us."
>>
>>26979849
Hug the pony
>>
>>26979849

Hug the shit out of her. Even if she fights or hits us. Hold the hug.
>>
>>26979951
>>26979961
These.
>>
>>26979849
>>26979951
>>26979956
>>26979961
You get down to her level.
"Cherry..."
She just sits there, shaking.
You wrap your arms around her. You can feel her erratic breathing.
>"Look, I don't want to die either, Cherry. But if we don't stick together... I don't think that'd bode well for us."
She whispers to you.
>"P-please... I-I just want to go home..."
"Cherry-"
>"Please... please..."
You can feel her tears soaking your coat.
"I kno-
Patches sits down next to Cherry, placing his arm over her and letting out a sigh.
>"I know how you feel kiddo."
He rests his head on the wall.
>"I'll call up the transport to see when they can pick you up."
She sniffs.
>"Th-thank you."
She moves away from the hug and wipes her face.
>"I-I'm sorry for causing so much trouble. I-I just... I'm sorry."
>>
>>26980230
I just hope that the others won't start panicking when they find out. or that we won't need your help.
>>
>>26980230
I have an idea. Rather than having ponies panicking and trying to run away until there's nobody left besides Terra, we request a delivery of weapons so we'll be able to defend ourselves if necessary. If we can make this place safer then we wouldn't have to fear for our lives.
>>
>>26980230
"No, it's okay. I understand where you're coming from. I'll miss you, though. Have a safe trip home."
>>
>>26980400
I'd rather not do this until we're absolutely sure we can't change her mind.
>>
>>26980230

It's alright. It's going to be a bit tougher without you, but hopefully we'll manage. I can't in good conscience ask you to stay when you are this afraid. I'd be a horrible psychologist and an even worse friend.
>>
>>26980290
>>26980388
>>26980400
>>26980416
You sigh.
"No, it's alright. You didn't do anything wrong."
You rest your back on the wall too.
"I just hope we can still do what we need to do without you."
She sniffles.
"And you're dead-set on leaving?"
She nods.
"Well, I'll go tell the others that you're leaving. Hopefully they don't get worried."
>"N-no. I can go tell them."
"Are you sure?"
>"Y-yeah."
She gets up and looks at Patches.
>"Th-thanks."
>"Don't mention it."
She walks off. After she's out of sight, you slump down.
"Well that went about as poorly as it could have."
>"What do you mean?"
"I was supposed to be able to stop her from leaving."
>"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. Besides, if she's terrified, she wouldn't be much help when needed, right?"
"I guess so."
He gets up, holding his hoof out for you. You grab on as he hoists you up.
>"I gotta go make a call. You wanna get something to eat after?"
"Sure. Oh, and Patches?"
>"Hm?"
"Do you think that you could ask them to bring something when they come for Cherry?"
>"Of course. What did you have in mind?"
"I think... I think we might need some weapons."
>"Weapons."
You nod.
"If we have some way of defending ourselves, it might help ease some fears around here."
>"Do you think that's wise? I doubt many ponies here have weapons training."
>>
>>26980667
"Is there possibly a chance that...you have weapon training, Patches? Could you train them?"
>>
>>26980667

whoa whoa whoa. NO! The moment we start using weapons is the moment we lose. We aren't out here to fight an invading force, we are here to learn.

Even aside from THAT, do we really want Mera to witness a bunch of ponies gearing up for combat against something that might not even be genuinely hostile?
>>
>>26980667
They don't need to have direct access to them. Having them on base under lock and key would do wonders to ease fears though. Assuming you have somewhere you can put them where only you have direct access to them.
>>
>>26980667
Perhaps just one weapon for the one pony who is actually trained in its use and seems pretty level headed.
>>
>>26980667
Nonlethal options might be better. Just to give everyone a means of defending themselves outside the base.
>>
beb
>>
>Inb4 cherry is killed on her way out
>>
>>26981537
This is what I'm afraid of.
You never get on the first escape helicopter.
>>
>>26980667
Tasers are easier to use than assault rifles.
>>
>>26981516
>>
>>26982089
Not really.

Rifles are BY FAR the easiest weapon in the history of man to learn how to use properly for self defense. Long range precision shooting is much harder, but just hitting man sized targets at 50 yards or so is easy as hell.

Tasers have significant arc over short range, don't work through clothing, and are overall a more difficult method to use. Not by a lot, but they're not as easy as a rifle. Assault rifles have the Full Auto mode, but if you keep them set on Semi, like most soldiers are trained to do, you're golden.

What is hard is having the mental fortitude to use lethal force.

I agree that we should probably leave that to Patches. Plus we have the automated defences of the facility, and with the current fragile state of the ponies mentality, I don't think giving everyone lethal weapons is a good idea. I think Patches, Rem and a few of the others could handle it, but most couldn't and I don't want to give only a subset of the ponies weapons.
>>
>>26984022
>easiest weapon in the history of man
>man
There's your problem.
>>
>>26984022
Rifles are going to be of questionable use if these things all move as fast as the one we've encountered.
Shotguns might be of more use, though stun guns should be enough ease minds.
We're not actually here to fight after all.
>>
This is a double edged sword because bringing weapons here can bite us in the ass if they can use them.
>>
>>26984039

This guy gets it.

Get your OIE bullshit out of here.
>>
Better safe than sorry.
>>
What is Mera going to say when we start showing off weapons? Isn't that the exact opposite of what we're trying to teach her? Also showing this unknown alien intelligence that we are willing to resort to violence with weapons at the slightest provocation is just poor judgment.
>>
>>26983940
>>
I'd be surprised if Patches didn't have a weapon or two on him just in case. Besides that, the base has defenses, and we shouldn't need more than that. If it comes down to untrained ponies needing to defend themselves with personal weapons it's probably already over. I think bringing in weapons will just do even more to unnerve everyone and will do more harm than good.
>>
>>26988018
Nigger Patches already gave us a weapon.

>the base has defenses
Which afaik has never been mentioned or seen. The best to offer is locking doors.
>>
>>26989941

Every single room has taser systems built into them. It WAS mentioned.
>>
Do we have anything we can take outside with us?
>>
>>26989983
So it would appear.
Wait then why are we wanting to bring weapons again?
>>
>>26988018
I am in agreement with this, we probably don't want to bring in weapons as once we actually need them it is probably too late.

I am curious if we should actually call for the evac or just lie and say we did and they can't come right away?
>>
>>26990031
Lying is wrong.
>>
You know, at first I was generally in favor of bringing weapons, but now I'm having second thoughts.
Damn anons, why do you do this to me?
Should we bring it to a vote?
>>
>>26990075

I vote no weapons
>>
>>26986508
The safety and wellbeing of everyone here comes before any lessons for Mera.
And the weapons can stay in Patches custody until it becomes clear they are required.
I don't see any issue with giving the team stun guns.
It's always better to have and not need than the opposite.
>>
>>26990053
I guess but it would probably placate her to believe she has the option to leave.

and as >>26981537 joked she is just as likely to die if she leaves the base.

I haven't gone back to the archive but I am fairly sure we are on a black site and if not we are still dealing with a biohazard / xenobiological situation so I doubt the exit strategy would be pleasant.

>>26990088
I think you are putting too much stock in the crew remaining sane and rational. Cherry has already had a mental break and become depressive, what happens if the next pony to break goes into paranoia or aggression.
>>
>>26990416
Then the next pony would be stunned by the base defenses, possibly after nonlethally stunning someone else.
At this point you're putting more trust in the aliens than you are the base personnel.
>>
>>26990605

You're making the assumption that giving non-combat personnel ANY type of weapon in a situation that suddenly having weapons present could cause panic, is a good idea.

So what happens if we suddenly start handing out guns and the other SCIENTISTS decide it's time to leave, because they aren't fucking Gordan Freeman?
>>
>>26990729
Stun guns can be mad available for those leaving the base.
Anything else, if there was anything else, could be kept by Patches. They wouldn't even need to know about them.
There is no downside unless you consider it a inevitability that someone here will go insane.
If that's true, then we should get on the transport with Cherry and go.
>>
>>26990777
I can't tell how many people are arguing for each position any more.

I am one of the people who doesn't think any weapons are a good idea, I'll feel like an idiot if it turns into a scenario where we need lethal weapons for a run and gun but anything short of that I think we are fueling the fire by adding any weapons.

I am firmly against stun guns, if they are anything like their human counterparts they will be almost completely useless for any scenario I can see us getting into unless the creatures are drastically weak against stun damage.
>>
How about a compromise? We give Rem a crowbar.
>>
>>26991334
Dr FreeRem!
>>
>>26980667
>>26980701
>>26980718
>>26980720
>>26980840
>>26981097
>>26982089
>>26984022
"I guess not. It was just a passing thought really."
>"I get where you're coming from. But all weapons would do is make any fears here become worse. They'd start to think that we NEED weapons, and that's not good."
"Yeah..."
>"Besides, the base has those stun guns, and we have ice picks here too. I think we could hold out if need be."
"And I have your knife. Oh, did you want that back by the way?"
>"No, you keep it. It could come in handy."
You nod.
>"Alright. I'm going to go make the call, if you need anything brought, just tell me, alright?"
"Alright. Are we still gonna... cuddle later?"
He chuckles.
>"Of course."
He smiles and walks to his room.
Well, that didn't go as planned. You could have used a good cuddle. What should you do now?
>>
>>26991424
When was the last time we ate?
>>
>>26991424

Is this where the EPU decides to betray us? Are they going to send out a team to make us disappear now that we've revealed what we know?
>>
>>26991424
I'd like to know how the rest of the team is doing. No doubt our return and... new guest... have created a storm of gossip.

I'd personally like to know how Sherbert is doing. That mare is about as unflappable as Sea Foam, if not quite as adorable.
>>
File: notacoverup.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
notacoverup.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>26991440
Naw, The EPU would never do that. too many ponies that are hard to replace. Well, unless they are subject to disease or mutations that would make them unsafe for the general public that is.

In all seriousness, not bringing more weapons is probably the best Idea since they were worried about the science team learning about Patches background and I felt that letting Cherry go was a good call too, I just want to know that she is stable and calm before she leaves, because I don't want her doing anything dumb on her way back. But getting her and her skittishness outta here is really a good call on Patches part.

Just a wandering thought. Maybe we should put something outside, like a chalk board, with a message stating that we know that those things are outside, and that we would like to communicate. I bring up the chalkboard because they could leave a message, bypassing any electronic medium, (In case they are disabling the cameras accidentally) and give them a chance to communicate that does not require them to be in rage for physical contact. Since they seem as opposed to interacting with the team one on one as we are to dying.
>>
File: north135.png (14 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
north135.png
14 KB, 600x438
>>26991437
Hmm, you are feeling a bit peckish. Maybe you should get a bite to eat. You head to the kitchen to make something.
Sherbert, Circuit, and Prism are sitting in the sofas.
>Prism: "Oh, hey Rem. How was the trip?"
"It was... interesting."
You spread some peanut button on bread.
>Prism: "Well, I really wouldn't expect anything normal on this job. Did Cherry tell you she was leaving?"
"Yeah, you could say that."
>Prism: "She's pretty jumpy, so I don't blame her. So, what's up with the guy you brought back? Is he alive?"
>>
>>26991581

Wouldn't they have just left messages in the snow by now?
>>
>>26991595

I'm glad you are all taking this so well. Also yes, he is alive. Horribly mutated, but alive.
>>
>>26991595
"Yep, he or they are alive and currently regenerating. Mera says that Pyrite is scarred and well he may have seen some crazy shit so we might want to watch what we say around Pyrite after he regains his senses, and we're also going to need to watch him. in case he starts acting strange.
>>
>>26991595
For a certain value of alive, yes. I am glad to see you are taking this so well. How are you three feeling?
>>
>>26991612
It depends, we don't know if they know that we know that they are here.
For all we know, it could be the other science team, and they could be worried about us flying off the handle and trying to exterminate them. They could also be trying to subtlety steer us away from the sphere so we don't unleash whatever happened to the other team on ourselves without letting us know that they're trying to protect us.
Either way, if we let them know that without a doubt, we are aware of their presence and wish to communicate before resorting to violence, we may be able to start a dialog. being the first to extend a hand/hoof in a sort of way.
>>
>>26991595
Slight pause before repeating our last answer.
>>
>>26991595
>>26991616
>>26991612
>>26991617
>>26991629
"Yeah, he's alive, but he's also horribly mutated."
>Prism: "Mutated?"
"Mhm. He's also missing an arm and a leg. And he's got what looks like bone cancer on his skull. He also has some growths, and only one large eye."
>Prism: "Wounds like a looker. Is he doing alright though?"
"Maybe. He's alive, but his mind is in a rough place right now. His body might be regenerating, since he's probably similar to Mera. So we might be able to ask him some things soon."
>Prism: "Do you think he's, y'know, all there?"
You shrug.
"We can only wait and see. Anyways, I'm glad you're all taking this so well. How are you three feeling?"
>Prism: "I'm doing alright. I kinda wish something would break so I'd have something to do around here."
"Circuit?"
>Circuit: "Oh, I'm doing fine. I've just been catching up on some reading."
>Sherbert: "I'm good."
"Are the others doing alright?"
>Prism: "I've only seen Cherry get anxious, so I'd say so. What about you? How're you feeling?"
pausing here for the night
>>
>>26991891
Fine overall
>>
>>26991398
Quick someone draw this!
>>
>>26991891
Old and coldI'm alright. Interested in what else we'll learn.
>>
>>26994017
>>
>>26994751
Cherry will end up being the only survivor from the crew because she played it smart and got the fuck out of there
>>
>>26995193
Or the only one to die along with Barrow
>>
>>26995458
Poor barrow, he did nothing wrong
make northern excursion great again
>>
>>26995193
In all seriousness I don't think anyone who abandons will live if everyone else is killed. Too much valuable info to be gained by dissecting them alive, likely without sedation.
>>
>>26996621
That's assuming certain things.
>>
>>26996665
Yeah. Everyone is gonna die.
>>
File: EPU2.png (564 KB, 1200x1008) Image search: [Google]
EPU2.png
564 KB, 1200x1008
>>26992726
>>26991398
>>26991334
>>
>>26997379
thanks bath, you da reel mvp
that tiny crowbar though
>>
beb
>>
>>26997379

thank
>>
>>26997379
Noice
>>
>>26991424
>cuddle later
>inb4 rem has to get an abortion for the mutated alien baby that finds itself deep inside her womb after lewd snuggling with patches
http://youtu.be/6-DOeEkqOZg
>>
>>26997379
The one free mare.
>>
Probably wont be able to update today. Got a lot of stuff to do
Sorry about that
>>
>>26999818
The thread hasn't even hit 200 posts yet.
I don't think one night without is going to kill us.
>>
>>26999858
>>
>>27000897
>>
>>27001389
>>
>>26997379
Based
>>
>>26999858
It's true I survived the night.
>>
>>27002147
>>
>>27002924
>>
>>27003612
>>
>>27004156
>>
>>27004156
>>
>>27005094
>>
>>27005891
>>
>>27006491
>>
>>27007082
>>
File: Badnews.jpg (57 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Badnews.jpg
57 KB, 540x720
We bump general now
>>
I'm just bumping before bed.
>>
File: north136.gif (129 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
north136.gif
129 KB, 600x600
>>26991891
>>26994121
>>26992606
"I'm doing fine overall. A bit razzled by recent events, but other than that, fine."
>Prism: "That's good. How's Patches?"
That question got you a little off guard.
"Um, h-he's fine. Why do you ask?"
Prism shrugs.
>Prism: "I dunno. He seems a bit reclusive sometimes. Except around you of course."
>Sherbert: "That is because they are in love."
You choke on your sandwich and freeze up.
>Prism: "What do you mean they're in love?"
>Sherbert: "It is obvious isn't it?"
>Circuit: "I don't know if they love-love each other, but they do like each other. A-at the very least."
They do realize you're in the room still, don't they?
>Prism: "They've only really know each other for a few days though, haven't they?"
>Sherbert: "When the stars are in the correct position, you can meet the love of your life and in an instant you both will know."
>Prism: "Pshh. You don't really believe in that stuff do you?"
>Sherber: "The old ways are not all to be left behind."
>Prism: "That kinda thinking is what caused the attacks on the archive of technology."
>Sherbert: "There's a truth to their intentions."
>Prism: "But-"
>Circuit: "Rem, are you okay?"
You're breathing heavily. And sweating too. Are you really that lonely that someone insinuating that you're in love makes you spaz out?
"I-I'm fine."
[YOUR HEART RATE IS EXCEPTIONALLY HIGHER THAN-]
"THANK YOU, ALISS."
[YOU ARE WELCOME.]
It goes quiet.
>Prism: "Anyways... you wanna watch some stuff with us to pass the time? Or do you have plans?"
>>
>>27009904
"Yes, Let's watch Die Hard."
>>
>>27009943
perfect, can't go wrong with Die Hard
>>
>>27009904
>that gif
Flustered Rem is best Rem
But shouldn't we go and check on Sea Foam and the dude? How long is it been? If not, I guess we could hang out with them, actually get to know them and stuff
>>
>>27009904
>>27009953
>>27009943
>>27009948
"Well, I-I'm going to check on Sea Foam in about an hour and a half. Got anything to watch in that time?"
>Prism: "Hmmm, we have some action-y movies. That sound good?"
"Sure."
You move to the couches. Prism is putting the movie in.
>Sherbert: "How is Mera?"
"Oh? She's doing alright, I hope."
>Sherbert: "I'm sure you will do fine."
You feel yourself blush.
"Th-thanks. It means a lot, really."
Prism sits on the couch.
>Prism: "Do you have any other children, Rem?"
Hrk.
"N-no."
>Prism: "Really? You seem to know what you're doing with Mera. Coulda fooled me."
"Hah, yeah..."
Nope, no kids, no special somepony, nothing. Great.
Although, Patches...
Can you even have children anymore?
>Circuit: "Do you think Mera will stay with you once the mission is over?"
What?
"What?"
>Prism: "You know. Do you think you'll be able to have Mera stay with you after all this?"
Oh. You hadn't even thought of that.
>>
>>27010023
Tell them that you'd love to keep her, but acknowledge it might be a bit difficult cause of the fact she might be considered a risk by others
If Mera doesn't stay with us at the end of the quest Nips I swer on me mum
Also ask them about their lives and everything, special someponies, or someone who's waiting for them once they get out so we can start planning our 'we survived' post mission orgy
>>
>>27010023
No idea if E.P.U. is going to confiscate her or not.
We should ask the other science team members what they think the E.P.U. or even the equestrian government will rule in this matter.

We have know Idea what Pony rights laws are like in Equestria or how they will effect Xeno-biological intelligent constructs. If the laws on biological anomalies is the same for any rational thinking Sapient creature with the ability to actively communicate are the same as any other citizen of Equestria Mera should be safe. But we also need to consider shadowy quasi-governmental institutions that Nips world defiantly has and how they may be given power to superseded the standard rights of citizens for the sake of National/world security.
I'm just going to hope that everything will be fine though. I hope Mera can be accepted as a citizen and integrated into pony culture seamlessly apart from perhaps some curious bystanders.
Mera's life will likely not be easy, but no life worth living really is.
>>
>>27010023

Do you think the EPU would try and separate us because she's special? I don't think I could handle that.
>>
>>27010023
If Mera has to spend the rest of her life being locked away and studied. I'm pretty sure that organization doing it would probably be fine with keeping Rem on the team studying her, due to her connection and influence over Mera. I'm also pretty sure that Rem isn't the type that would want to abandon Mera as well.
>>
>>27010072
Pretty sure, if anything containing both Rem and Mera is probably what they would do if they are going to contain anyone.
>>
We gonna cuddle Patches super hard later bump
>>
>>27011183
Anon no. Such unprotected cuddling is how we get a real child.
>>
>>27011227
Careful now motherfucker, it almost sounds like you're implying things about big daughteru.
>>
>>27011183
Have we snuggled with Mera yet?
>>
>>27011227
>real child

Fuck you, Mera is a real child
>>
>>27011954
No shes not
>>
File: 1456212086138.png (144 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456212086138.png
144 KB, 500x500
>>27012297
>No shes not
Fite me
>>
>>27012560
You get 'em nerdhorse.
>>
>>27012560
She's a freak of nature alien growth of thinking cancer cells made with the DNA of like 5 different ponies and a sphere.
She's NOT a real pony, nor Rem's kid.
When we get out of here, the EPU are gonna take her away, and Rem will have no one because Patches is gonna die. Rem is going to admit herself into the same asylum she worked at, and is going to die alone and depressed.
>>
>>27013393
No, fuck you, they're gonna all go home and Rem and Patches will stay in touch and then they'll start meeting up for 'date' weekends and Mera will keep asking really blunt questions the make Rem drop her spaghetti because she can see what they were up to and then they'll move in together and Rem gets pregnant despite the odds and Mera actually gets nervous for once because she's worried about Rem's health and if she's still important to Rem an Patches and she has a teenage phase acts silly and possessive for a while but she gets over it when she sees scans of the babu for the first time and falls in love and decides to be the best big sister and then it ends with them all going to the beach and having ice cream so fuck you
>>
>>27013600
I like you anon... don't know how I feel about improbably pregnant Rem (huge turn off) but I like everything else...
>>
>>27013973
>huge turn off
Lol wut
>>
>>27013973
>pregnant
>turn off
>>
>>27013600

I really hope at the very least Rem and Mera can leave alive and together.
>>
>>27014778
>>27014794
I like skin flutes up my poop chute, what can I say?
>>
>>27013600
Just sitting here trying to think how one would explains to a Mera that the baby is not a parasite that needs to be destroyed.
>>
File: At-the-Mountains-of-Madness-1.jpg (231 KB, 1196x650) Image search: [Google]
At-the-Mountains-of-Madness-1.jpg
231 KB, 1196x650
>>27013393
Hang on.
Team of scientists/explorers in an distant frozen inaccessible land.
Bizarre ancient eldritch beings and forces with themes of the unknowable and insanity.
Author who likes to bestow horrible fates on his protagonists.
>>
Northern EXPLOSION
>>
>>27017356
What
>>
>>27017389
boom
>>
>>27017356
Northern Exposure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E5Kzw7RMuU
>>
>>27017642
Almost bumped with that the other day.
>>
>>27010051
>>27010061
>>27010072
>>27010080
"I... I honestly don't know. I hope that she can stay with me, but I have no idea if the EPU will... confiscate her. Do you think they would?"
>Prism: "Dunno. I don't know anything about the EPU. The Government might have a say though. Considering she IS pretty much a pony, she should get the same rights, right?"
>Circuit: "I think she would, but the EPU is an unknown variable. You're pretty close to her though, so it'd be silly to seperate you two."
"What do you mean?"
>Circuit: "Well, you two have that connection thing don't you? No one else here can do that, so if they took Mera from you, they wouldn't get to study that."
For some reason that doesn't make you feel too much better.
>Prism: "But wouldn't that mean that they would just take Rem too?"
>Circuit: "Th-they wouldn't do that... would they?"
He shrugs.
>Prism: "We're probably thinking too much into it anyways."
Maybe he's right. It's not good to overthink things.
Should you just watch the movie to pass time? Or talk with them?
>>
>>27017905
Sine one of the party is leaving, we should put a bit more effort into our job.
>>
>>27017905
Talk.
Make a joke about the weather maybe take a stab at Couldsdale's central planning.
>>
File: NipsReturns.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
NipsReturns.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>27017905

Pic only slightly related to my joy.

Well, we should break it to them that Cherry could very well be departing on the next transport. Best to get their thoughts now and dela with it before it happens.
>>
>>27017935
What the fuck
>>
>>27017905

All of this EPU talk is making me wonder where Patches is. It shouldn't take too much time to make a phone call and explain the current situation. I wonder if he'll join us afterwards.
>>
>>27017935
every time
>>
>>27017922
>>27017905

"The weather's been pretty poor lately. Cloudsdale really doesn't have very great planning, huh?"
Circuit and Prism look at you with confused faces. Sherbert just cocks her head at you with her normal smile.
>Prism: "Uh, Cloudsdale?"
>Circuit: "Cloudsdale hasn't controlled the weather since the time of the Princesses."
"I-I know. I was trying to make a joke."
>Circuit: "O-oh... h-haha... ha?"
She makes an uncomfortable face at you. Like she's trying to smile.
>Prism: "We aren't even able to control the weather up here, are we?"
>Sherbert: "The weather up north is not controlled. The atmos-free station in the northern hemisphere makes sure of that. It is only parts of the southern hemisphere that are controlled."
>Prism: "I always thought that was silly. Why not control all of the atmosphere?"
>Sherbert: "It is unnatural."
>Prism: "Didn't they control the weather back in the 'old days'? I thought you'd be all for that."
>Sherbert: "Not all of the old ways were beneficial for the planet. That is why the atmos machine was created."
>Prism: "So you agree that technology is good for us."
>Sherbert: "Technology is not a bad thing. Straying too far away from our magical roots however, will be detrimental."
>Prism: "You sound like those revolutionary assholes who blow up factories when you talk like that."
>Circuit: "G-guys, can we please not fight right now and just watch the movie?"
Prism crosses his arms.
>Prism: "Alright."
Wow, next time don't try to make jokes.
What should you do now?
>>
>>27018117
Subtly check and see if CC is trying to apply what you told her to try and get Prism to notice her.
Try not to be too obvious with your observations.
>>
>>27018117
Okay I want to know more about the world of this place. I never noticed before just how not-Equestria this is. What the hell happened?
>>
>>27018217
Technology > magic and pretty much everything that implies.
>>
>>27018117

okay no seriously. Prism what is your malfunction? You are literally using the same mentality of those that blew up the factory. It has to be one or the other with you and that's wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with magic and technology co-existing.
>>
>>27018309
Anon pls, we want to calm them down, not make it worse
Let's just hang out with them and then go and see Sea Foam
>>
>>27018324

I'm just worried that he's going to be some sort of zealot and do something stupid with his ignorant mindset.
>>
>>27018309
Lets not start an argument that already ended.
>>
>>27018367
He's not a zealot, he's angry about terrorists.
>>
>>27018376

The issue I'm having is him immediately relating any notion of magic not being bad to said terrorists. Sherbert is being calm and rational about the topic of both things exist and he is not. Obviously now isn’t the best time to have this talk, but it’s one that probably should happen.
>>
>>27018486
Not really. He's not insane, and his political beliefs aren't relevant.
>>
>>27018486
Dude lay off. If he wants to be the /pol/ horse let him be the damn /pol/ horse.
>>
File: north137.gif (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
north137.gif
48 KB, 600x600
>>27018160
>>27018217
>>27018324
You'd like to ask more questions about history, seeing as how it was never your greatest subject, but that could spark up some more heated emotions. Maybe Sea Foam could answer some things for you later.
Perhaps it's best to just watch the movie.
The movie is a pretty run of the mill action movie. The protagonist blows up the bad guy and walks away with the mare. If only life were that simple.
You didn't even wonder what the EPU would do to Mera after all this. Would they let her stay with you? You're older. What will happen if she does get to be with you, but you die? Where does she go from there?
Why can't these things end like a movie? Once it's over, everyone's story is tied up nice and neat.
Prism gets up to put the movie back in it's case.
>Prism: "Are you gonna stay for another one?"
"Oh, I actually have to get back to Sea Foam right now. Thanks for the movie though."
>Prism: "No problem."
You get up and stretch, then head to the lab.
When you walk into the room, you're surprised.
You hear singing.
Sea Foam is asleep, and Mera is sitting in front of the heater.
She's singing your lullaby. But it's softer and more tranquil.
Pyrite's body is up against the window of the heater.
what do you do?
>>
>>27018584
Let's wake up Sea Foam first, then ask best daughteru why she's singing the lullaby
>>
>>27018584
SING ALONG WITH HER
>>
>>27018584
Compliment Mera's singing since she seems to be doing really well. Then wake up Seafoam and ask her to check the samples politely.
>>
>>27018584
Let her finish. Maybe join in.
Then wake up Sea.
>>
>>27018606

This please!
>>
>>27018606
This
>>
>>27018584
Softly sing along with her, come up behind her and cuddle her.
>>
>>27018613
>check the samples politely
>>
>>27018606
This desu la familia
>>
>>27017935
Could someone please tell me where this is from, it is just weird enough that I can't leave it well enough alone.
>>
>>27020462
Something called Mind Game
>>
>>27020751
Thank you, that is a very appropriate name for it if the clip is anything to go by.

I shall have to watch the whole thing as soon as possible.
>>
>>27018606
This. Join softly and sit beside Mera. Not sure just how good our singing it, but maybe try to harmonize.

After, ask if it is helping Pyrite.
>>
beb
>>
>>27021496
I vote for what this anon says to do
>>
>>27022182
>>
>>27023509
>>
>>27024979
>>
>>27018584

Watch Sea Foam sleep for hours
>>
So while Nips is gone, I'm curious to know why his updates are so sparse. Going through anonpone, he seemed to be able to do a lot more than two or three in one night. What happened?
>>
>>27025866
Life probably
>>
>>27025866

He's a lich and has other duties to attend to, namely lurking between the realms of the living and the dead.
>>
>>27025866
In all honesty, Nips is a full-time student and dedicates at least one day out of every week to helping others. He's also a relatively big tumblr guy and likes to play video games. CYOA just isn't as much of his life as it used to be.
>>
>>27026158
This post makes me realize how little I know about Nips.
>>
>>27026279
He also looks like Weird Al.
>>
>>27026366
How the Hell do you guys seem to know him so well? Does he just talk about his life in these threads sometimes? Other CYOA threads? tumblr?
>>
>>27026392
It helps that he's one of the easiest people to approach.
And streams too
>>
>>27026392
Yeah, Sekrit Club has given a lot more information about him. I'd consider him a friend, and these sorts of things came up. One of his IRL friends mentioned the "spends at least one day a week helping other people" thing.

He also gets bizarrely passionate about things. Like, Doxel levels of excited about the weirdest of shit.
>>
>>27026158
>>27026626
Huh never knew all this about nips. Just goes to show you can't judge a man's character by his art what with all his rape porn.
>>
>>27026644
He is the most genial filly rapist alive.
>>
File: north138.png (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
north138.png
20 KB, 600x600
>>27018584
>>27018606
You walk over to Mera quietly. Her singing really is beautiful. You wouldn't want to interrupt her.
You catch yourself singing along with her.
It calms you down, and puts your mind at ease.
She finishes and looks at you.
>"Was that alright?"
"It was beautiful. Why were you singing?"
>"It helped me rest when I was in there. I thought it would help this being, so I did what you might do."
You look at her.
>"Are you alright?"
"Y-yeah."
You wipe away small tears forming in your eyes.
"S-so how long were you singing?"
>"I'm not sure."
You look at Sea Foam.
"Must've put her to sleep too."
>"I'm sorry."
"No, it's alright. I'll go wake her up."
You walk over to Sea foam and put your hoof on her shoulder.
"Sea Foam?"
>"hmmm... hm? Oh, hi Rem."
She stretches and yawns.
>"Did I fall asleep?"
You chuckle.
"It would seem so."
>"Oh, good thing I got the samples in there then. They should be done analyzing by now."
"That's good to hear."
She pushes some buttons on the device. A little voice comes from a speaker
<CELL TESTING HAS COMPLETED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR THE RESULTS?>
>"Yep!"
<COMMAND ACCEPTED.>
The device makes a few clicking noises.
<CHERRY BLOSSOM. UNICORN FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<MINT MARBLES. PEGASUS MALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<CLOSED CIRCUIT. EARTH PONY FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<PRISM FLUX. UNICORN MALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<GINGERSNAP. UNICORN FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<TERRA. EARTH PONY FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<SHERBERT. EARTH PONY FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<SEA FOAM. EARTH PONY FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITIES DETECTED.>
click
<REI EMERINE MINET. EARTH PONY FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITY DETECTED.>
You let out a sigh of relief.
"Well, that's good to-"
click
<REI EMERINE MINET. PEGASUS FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITY DETECTED.>
click
<REI EMERINE MINET. UNICORN FEMALE. NO ABNORMALITY DETECTED.>
click
<REI EMERINE MINET. UNKNOWN LIFEFORM DETECTED.>
>>
>>27027116
Wh-what?

How many samples did Sea Foam put into the machine?
>>
>>27027116
Any information available on the anomalous life form?
>>
>>27027116
How many samples was put in there?
>>
File: north139.png (12 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
north139.png
12 KB, 600x600
>>27027131
>>27027137
>>27027132
"H-how many samples did you put into the machine?"
She pulls out a little slot.
>"J-just one."
She puts the sample back, and presses some more buttons.
>"What information do you have on the anomalous life form?"
<ANALYZING. LIFEFORM CONTAINS TRACES OF ALL KNOWN ELEMENTS. TRACES OF UNKNOWN ELEMENTS ALSO FOUND. CELL SHOWS SIGNS OF ACTING AS A CANCER.>
>"Wh-what?"
Your legs get wobbly. As you're falling, Mera catches you.
>"R-re-analyze the samples."
<ANALYZING.>
Sea Foam sits back into her chair.
>"C-cancer?"
She looks at you.
>"Are you... are you okay?"
>>
>>27027223
we're going to turn into the thing in the furnace.
So, we've been better.
>>
File: me-irl-i-have-given-up.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
me-irl-i-have-given-up.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
>>27027223
were fucked lmao
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>27027223
Fuck
>>
File: ded purple.jpg (118 KB, 944x657) Image search: [Google]
ded purple.jpg
118 KB, 944x657
>>27027223
Well, shit
>>
>>27027223
Stay determined, Rem
>>
File: Abjectfukkenmisery.jpg (71 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
Abjectfukkenmisery.jpg
71 KB, 550x367
>>27027223
>>
>>27027223

With everything that's been going on I somewhat was expecting this.

Wait, what about Patches did we not get a sample from him? The sphere did Cover him in some kind of horrible black goo before.
>>
File: 1410211185337.gif (760 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1410211185337.gif
760 KB, 160x160
>>27027223
We have to hold it together to keep panic at a minimum. Just tell her that we feel a bit stunned at the news.
>>
>>27027479
good question, patches has touched the sphere too so if thats the cause he needs to be checked.

If he's clean we need to start figuring out what specifically that only rem has done.
>>
File: north140.png (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
north140.png
20 KB, 600x600
>>27027223
>>27027240
"I-I've been better..."
>Sea Foam: "Did, did something happen?"
"I have no idea."
>Mera: "What is wrong?"
"W-we don't know."
You look down at your hooves.
Are you going to change into... something else?
Are you dangerous?
Are you going to turn into the same thing as Pyrite?
Mera shifts her body.
>Mera: "Mother."
"Yes?"
She points to the heater.
You turn to look.
Heavy, labored breathing comes from the inside.
>Pyrite: "You... you have touched... the sphere..."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.