[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starlight Glimmer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15
This is a thread for best pony.
>>
File: cutie glimmer.png (527 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cutie glimmer.png
527 KB, 1000x1000
Best pony, indeed
>>
>>26942198
pre-balding glimmy a cute!
>>
File: 1459479994728.png (84 KB, 296x417) Image search: [Google]
1459479994728.png
84 KB, 296x417
I figured I'd hate her after last season, but she grew on me pretty fast.
>>
File: large.jpg (555 KB, 1280x979) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
555 KB, 1280x979
>>26942198
Used to be based. In s6 she became bland and boring, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1459188671129.png (523 KB, 1280x1432) Image search: [Google]
1459188671129.png
523 KB, 1280x1432
>>26944090
>Only the first episode
>>
>>26944105
First two episodes, actually, and she was terrible in those. Also hate the new mane and voice. We didn't need another Sunset Shimmer.

Everything imo, naturally. You're free to waifu her.
>>
File: fuck_ouuta_here.jpg (11 KB, 273x200) Image search: [Google]
fuck_ouuta_here.jpg
11 KB, 273x200
>>26944121
>>
>>26944136
Ebin post. xDDD
>>
>>26942198
I love her
>>
>>26944090
Actually, she went from being an interesting villain to a bland villain to a bland protagonist/Sunshit 2.0.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (46 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
46 KB, 480x480
>wings argument
>On a 3 times appearance character
WHY
H
Y
>>
I don't like Sunset and don't think they look alike.

Starlight was a great villain and I was afraid by seeing her becoming good but it was pretty ok.

Sure we will have to wait to be sure.
>>
>>26944164
Similar to what happened to Discord though.
Introducing an interesting character and quickly changing everything interesting about her, making her shit after 2 episodes has that effect. >>26936520
>>
>>26944153
So now it has to come full circle and she'll become an interesting protagonist.

>>26944183
It's not about their looks but about their personality. Both lost all of their aggressive attitudes (except for one short outburst), became extremely insecure, can take on Twilight with their magic, know next to nothing about friendship and get/got taught by Twilight. Plus their constant apologizing and whining just gets old very quickly.

Her new look and voice suck ass, but I'll stay cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>26942198
Unsolicited green
We may get scruffed for roleplaying
>Be Anon
>You spend your free time playing Hat Simulator 2 and tipping your stat track Fedora.
>It counts how many times you tip it.
>Everything in your life has been pretty normal and even dare to say boring.
>But right now, in front of you stands a rather small unicorn. Perhaps even say pony.
>Its angry. And might kill you
>You had a good run. Let's take a small moment to remember it.
>It was a Saturday in the morning and you were doing your usual routine.
>Wake at 7. Have breakfast. Play on Steam until 12 noon.
>The usual.
>You did catch for a moment on the news a report about strange anomalies happening on earths magnetic field.
>Probably as fake as global warming.
>It was Fox News after all.
>While you where playing some Fallout 4 on your new PC master race system lights started flickering
>Nothing new honesty.
>Then your TV started switching channels and you swear you heard the microwave go on.
>Shits scary bro
>Lights go out. TV goes out. PC goes out.
>Fuck ma save
>A strong wind starts flowing through your house from.. Your room
>Fucking sorcery m8
>Small sparks and lightings get shot from inside your room.
“Bloody hell~"
>You duck at time avoiding them but as soon as it comes it ends
>Grabbing what you have at hand, your keyboard, you decide to enter the bedroom
>Fucking glorious anon
>As you walk in you see something move under sheets
>shit. Kill it!
>You throw your keyboard at it and apparently it hits.
>Because whatever it just hit moaned and got up.
>Be anon.
>And be in front of an angry pastel unicorn.
>>
>>26942198
qt.
>>
File: 1459006385078.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459006385078.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>26944238
Your opinion is shit and based on total bullshit you blubbering mongoloid
Starlight has been in two episodes since she's become a protagonist and in both of them she's been shown to be as manipulative and aggressive as she previously was as shown in how she constantly tries to talk Twilight and Spike out of her meeting with Sunburst, her rebuttal to Sunburst claiming that she didn't understand her, and the way that she started pushing him around in his own home; you don't get to discredit evidence like this just because you want to doompaul about how your waifu is ruined forever

Its just the same as how Sunset has maintained an aggressive personality and as she was directly shown threatening people, tossing her notes in frustration, yelling at her friends, and fighting Twilight alone (enhanced by her friends' magic, yes, but alone). You can't brush all of that under the rug and claim there's only one instance.
>>
>>26944824
Judging on how spergy you so clearly are by your post alone, you wouldn't know manipulative behavior if it held up a copy of Discourses on Livy and bashed you over the head with it.
>>
File: Shifty Glim.gif (751 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
Shifty Glim.gif
751 KB, 429x429
>>26944857
Nice ad hominem, bud
Sure proved me wrong with that one
>>
>>26944824
You are completely talking out of your ass and ignoring most of the episode, you cock sucking retard.
Except for her outburst at the end she hasn't been aggressive at all. She keeps apologizing for her past and is constantly insecure, laughing nervously. There's not a single moment of her trying to manipulate Twilight, unless you call, "I, uh, I don't think.. that's a good idea, Twilight. I don't know. I'm sorry." manipulating. The closest she's come to doing that is sweettalking Spike into telling his story, which once again, was done more like Fluttershy would do it.

Like many Anons said, she could've challenged Twilight's views and lessons in her old self rather than be apologetic and insecure about everything, but instead they went for Sunshit 2.0, who also spends 90% of her time apologizing for her past and being insecure.
>>
>>26944943
I can see where you're coming from, but she did try to "manipulate" twilight on more than one occasion, even when her aggressiveness is gone.

As for the insecurity and nervous laughter, I agree. You could make trading cards out of how many times she did that. Worse than fluttershy.
>>
Sunset Shimmer 2.0 thread musn't die
>>
>>26944943
My hope is that she was only this shy and nervous because of having to deal with Sunburst, during her CMC and Griffon episode (it's pretty obvious those other 'friendship lessons' are going to be real episodes. Especially with the whole 'Gabby' shit) she'll be a lot more confident.
>>
>>26946734
Being nervous around Sunburst is bad enough. It's completely uncharacteristic for her to get that nervous over *anything*, especially some fair weather friend from childhood who, by all accounts, she should hardly remember if at all.
>>
File: 1459010627783.png (102 KB, 386x470) Image search: [Google]
1459010627783.png
102 KB, 386x470
>>26946790
>Completely uncharacteristic of her
>Literally her entire motivation for starting her Equalist shit.

And I know you're going to say 'B-But that backstory is shit!' and I'll agree with you. That doesn't change the fact that the Finale exists and they can't just hand wave it away and have Starlight act totally confident and normal around a pony she obsessed over for so long. If they just ignored it it would make the Finale even worse. Wrapping up her subpar backstory right in the middle of a really shitty forced premier the cucks at Hasbro forced them to write is probably the best thing they could ever do so they can just move away from it and start doing more interesting things with her.

Also:
>It's completely uncharacteristic for her to get that nervous over *anything*
DYEWTS. She got nervous when she got first got exposed in Cutie Map, and then she lost her cool and started shouting and raving like mad. Her nervous apologetic behavior is something she reverts to when she's trying to control her temper. Considering how she got really pissed when Sunburst didn't want to leave his house and eventually yelled at him it seems they're keeping that aspect of her.
>>
᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎

᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎
>>
>>26942198
APRIL FOOLS
>>
>>26946927
This.
>>
>>26946913
>they can't just hand wave it away and have Starlight act totally confident and normal around a pony she obsessed over for so long.
No, but they could've handled it with a bit of subtlety. Or not bothered with Sunburst at all since opening old wounds has never been a good way to heal them.

>If they just ignored it it would make the Finale even worse.
If they ignored it, it'd be easier to pretend never happened, which is the only possible way to make it better. Plus, they could always retcon it.

>She got nervous when she got first got exposed in Cutie Map
For a while, until she regained her composure. But that's a far cry from turning into a nervous nelly that even S1 Fluttershy would cringe at, just from being around some guy she knew when she was a small child.

>she got really pissed
Cynical attempt at paying lipservice to character consistency when it's fairly simple to see that they've fabricated an entirely different personality out of whole cloth.
>>
>>26944342
Moar
>>
>Didn't like Starlight at all, thought she was a shit villain
>S6 comes along, becomes best pony
>>
>>26947603
I kind of know that feel, just the other way around.
>>
>>26948098

You liked her before?

Her personality change was quite signifigant, but I like her better now
>>
>>26948213
>You liked her before?
Yes, I thought she was a great villain, but I hate her as a protagonist in s6.

>Her personality change was quite signifigant
Agreed. But to each their own.
>>
File: halt_citizen.jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
halt_citizen.jpg
12 KB, 256x256
>>26948213
>>26948098
>>26947603

>worshipping communists

remember kids. Better dead than red.
>>
>>26948421
Irma please.
>>
>>26948253
Your taste is better than his by far.
>>
File: glimmerbetes.jpg (108 KB, 685x1167) Image search: [Google]
glimmerbetes.jpg
108 KB, 685x1167
>>26942198
glim glam is now the cutest pony
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.