[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curwhibbles (CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 16
“We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin

>You are Emery Errant, a curious satyr who has left home and gone off in search of your missing father.

>Guided only by the photos in his journal and his three weird knick knacks that found their way to your door, you begin your travel to six towns in the middle of nowhere in order to find clues about his disappearance.

>But be warned. Not everything is exactly what it seems in these small towns...

Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/curwhibbles/24150172/

==========

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/hEjT26b8

Inventory: http://pastebin.com/a82H9z48

Current Whereabouts:
http://pastebin.com/Laf2Ek5R

==========
>>
RAPE
>>
>Distraught by the sudden prospect of her new found friend abandoning her after all is said and done in town, Amara now looks at you for a reassuring answer, with her ears folded back and scarlet eyes submerged with sadness.
>But rarely do you severe ties so quickly with friends and family, not when you've been through something substantial together.
>The prospect of final goodbyes and farewells seem so foreign to you, to the point where you'd just deny it completely.
"Yeah, I wouldn't want to lose an dashingly awesome and insufferably stunning detective like myself either, toots." Some much needed levity enters the room once you chuckle and pet the poll beneath Amara's frizzy mane. "It seems like you're all too sure we'll be going our separate ways once this investigation is through. But I don't know, the look wouldn't feel complete without a stumpy sidekick trotting by my side, and you fit the height build just perfectly."
>You earn a scoff and a moderately hard bap on the shoulder for that. "Who says you can't get Mr. Paige to watch over the house while you're gone," you continue."
>The charred smell of various herbs wafts through the air as Mr. Paige sputters with his finished pipe of hickory wood. "Me?" The diamond dog sputters the exhaled smoke through his snowy whiskers. "Uh, yes! Of course! Your residency shall be tended to with the uttermost dedication. A change of scenery would do wonders for you, my dear, I couldn't recommend it enough."
>"And I would be grateful Petrov, truly," she says while taking his paw in her hoof. "You've already bailed me out of one mess. But this house, the history behind it...I have to clean up my *own* filth before I make a commitment like that. One last responsibility for the family, you know?"
==========
(...)
>>
>>26924232
"Nothing's set in stone, Am. No one's going to force you to leave on the spot. Just think it through if you figure you'd like to set off with me than stay here."
>You smile and cross your arms. "Besides, we've got plenty of time to between now and solving this Shuck...mess. Give me a heads up by then."
>"Well...if you're the ones recommending it," Amara says in a decidedly happier tone, "I shouldn't look a gift dog and satyr in their mouths. I'll give it a gander, thanks for the offer."
>"Splendid!" Both of you suddenly find yourselves in a group hug commenced by Mr. Paige. "If everything is all well and good, then I believe Miss Emery shall depart for the library. I shall have the funds ready by tomorrow Amara, my dear. And do take care of that tempest of a mane! Why it looks as if a squirrel took shelter in it for the winter."
>"Hah! Yes Petrov, I'll take care of myself." Amara shakes her head and proceeds to lead you to the front entrance.
>"Your father always loved it when you wore it in those adorable pigtails. I tell you Miss Emery, it was quite the sight seeing the little filly buzzing around with those adorable pom poms on her head."
>"Hehe, yeah okay, I think she gets it now-"
>"Why I can even bring in the scrapbook the next time I come over! That is if I can find the blasted thing."
>"Alright, thanks, see you soon!" She shoves the both of you with her snout and closes he blinds as you stumble near the parked car.
"...So you said something about pom poms?" As the two of you drive back to the library, you inquire about as many childhood tales as you can from Mr. Paige until you reach your destination.

----------

>The stamp of your hooves resonate throughout the library, inhabited by a small band of colts perusing the aisles accompanied by their parents.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26924244
>Strolling up to the front desk of the library, Mr. Paige gives a sigh of relief. "I must thank you once again for bringing forth Amara's plight to me. Had it been her way, the stubborn girl, I dread to think of the consequences that would have transpired."
"It's no big deal. If the Mayor thinks he could shake her down and intimidate her like a low brow street thug, he's got another thing coming to him."
>"Indeed! Now, if I am correct, I believe I mentioned the new addition of spell books added to the library. By all means, take a look at them if you're interested. Otherwise, I would be happy to discuss anything else you would request of me. To the best of my ability, of course."
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>26924257
Take a look at the book first, then ask her any questions you feel like she could answer,(I have no clue what's going on right now, so I won't be able to give too insightful of opinions).
>>
>>26924257
AMARA-EMERY LEWDS WHERE /spoiler]
>>
>>26924257
Spellbooks first. Let's see what options they have available.
>>
>>26924257
(>>26924326, >>26924503)

"I'm dying to get a look at those spell books, to be quite honest." You say with a giddy grin. Gifted with your high aptitude in magic, your hands have been anxious on obtaining a formal, proper magic tome to expand and hone your skills.
>"Ah, that hunger for knowledge." Mr. Paige nods approvingly. "A respectable trait for youngsters like yourself. It'll do you well."
>He assumes his position in his chair behind the desk and cracks open a book previously at the top of a waist high stack on the side of him. "The arcane section should be in the east wing of the library, next to the academic books. It should be the first shelf you see."
>Mr. Paige points to the right of him before he buries himself into his book.
"Gotcha," you thank him as you go into a brisk walk towards the spell books. "Thanks again Mr. Paige! I'll come back here if I have any questions."
>You head to the direction of the aforementioned spell books, passing a fleet of aging and bulky computer monitors along the way there. Spotting the section of shelves Mr. Paige mentioned, you can immediately tell the titles before you cater to the general public for unicorns, abridged versions of the spell books studied by budding wizards and mages in the prestigious academic schools of Canterlot.
>You even see spell books designated for other races, such as zebras and pegasi. But you doubt you could pick up anything from there.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26924764
Above you are five books that have a bright red sticker on their spines with the words 'New!' displayed in black font.

==========
"Here, There, Everywhere: A Primer Of Teleportation Spells" [Item]: A novice's guide to transporting people and items over long distances.

"Open Your Mind's Eye: Beginner Scrying" [Item]: A book that teaches you how to create a magical sensor that sends you information about your surrounding area.

"Combat Magic 101" [Item]: A book on spells that manipulate energy or an unseen power source used primarily for offensive purposes.

"The Dunce Unicorn's Guide to Abjuration Spells" [Item]: A book of protective spells that create physical or magical barriers, negate magical or physical abilities, or harm trespassers.

"The Alchemist's Handbook: Volume I" [Item]: A book on novice transmutation spells that change the properties of some creature, thing, or condition.
==========

>These seem like okay starting points, you figure. A bit of an insult to your ability, but you doubt Mr. Paige knew how adept you were.
>However, taking a glance further down the aisle allows you to see the bigger, thicker spell books used in Canterlot academia. You're sure that whatever is in those books have more substantial material than the ones in front of you.
>You could learn bigger, stronger spells at the cost of a steeper learning curve and a huge amount of time and effort on your part. Or you could try to easily pick up the spells in either of these novice spell books and expand your spell casting repertoire.
>Who knows, you could even just browse through the section until something catches your eye. Even though being a jack of all trades sounds nice, honing in on a magic specialty seems more practical in the long run.
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>26924778
The entire basis of what we're doing is looking for information, so scrying seems like the best option for now. Grab the scrying book and then head over to the advanced section and see what's available there.
>>
>>26924778
You should always brush up on the more basic stuff first, it never hurts to go through it anyways. This sounds ok to me >>26924796
>>
>>26924850
That's my thought. If there's an advanced scrying book then we can skim the beginner's book to understand the functional basics and cut out a lot of time the advanced spells would take. It's what I do when learning a new programming language.
>>
>>26924875
Indeed. There is almost always no reason to at least brush up on the beginning stuff. The advance stuff would assume you know the beginner stuff anyways, so you'd more than likely have to consult it regardless.
>>
>>26924796
Scrying kinda sounds like the sensing spell we already know, or something similar to it. Maybe we can learn how to improve it and get more information from it. Would be useful.
>>
>>26924778
How many books can we borrow, and how will learning the spells work?

Anyway, scrying and teleportation seem the most immediately useful. It couldn't hurt to learn how to cast a small fireball or something either.
>>
>>26924778
(>>26924796. >>26924850)

>You decide to take the scrying book to gain a sense of what you're working with. Mr. Paige said it himself, the hunger for knowledge is an important trait; you're first and foremost objective is to gain information, and gaining any sort of information about your immediate environment is going to be massively helpful in the long run.
>The spell book is secured underneath your arm. With your curiosity piqued, you take a final few glances at what this shelf has to offer before moving on to the academic spell books in the other aisle.

==========
Inventory Updated: http://pastebin.com/a82H9z48
==========

>You're not quite sure to describe it, but the shift in tone and feel from these shelves to the previous ones is almost palpable. While covers of the general spell books had flashy images to attract the eye and a shiny, lamented cover, the tomes that inhabit these shelves are all uniform in their nature.
>Large leather bound tomes are stained different colors to indicate what area of magic is expected, while the title is displayed in large script in golden ink and the Roman numeral for the volume is stamped on the wide spine of the text.
>Picking one off the shelf by chance, the hefty weight of the book gives you an estimate of how much reading you'll have to do. Opening the covers introduces you to scripted red ink on slightly yellowed parchment, a look that for some reason gives you a pang of nostalgia.
>Although you were good at magic at a young age, spell books weren't particularly stocked in your local book store. The spells you do know were either passed down an taught by family members, or the product of reverse engineering the results of an ancient video tape on spell casting you found in the discount bin at the local video store.
>Now, holding one of the books used in the classrooms of the Canterlot elite instills a sense of gratitude for your ability that you never really had before.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26925299
>In any case, you pick out a number of multicolored books from the shelves and make out a clear order of the titles.

==========
"The School Of Evocation - Volume I, II, III" [Item]: A collection of red textbooks that give you an exhaustive guide to each progressive stage of evocation spells.

"The School Of Abjuration - Volume I, II, III" [Item]: A collection of yellow textbooks that give you an exhaustive guide to each progressive stage of abjuration spells.

"The School Of Transmutation - Volume I, II, III" [Item]: A collection of green textbooks that give you an exhaustive guide to each progressive stage of evocation spells.

"The School Of Illusion - Volume I, II, III" [Item]: A collection of purple textbooks that give you an exhaustive guide to each progressive stage of evocation spells.

"The School Of Conjuration - Volume I, II, III" [Item]: A collection of blue textbooks that give you an exhaustive guide to each progressive stage of conjuration spells. Includes the different sub-schools of Creation, Healing, Teleportation, and Summoning.

"The School Of Divination - Volume I, II, III" [Item]: A collection of white textbooks that give you an exhaustive guide to each progressive stage of divination spells. Includes the different sub-school of Scrying.
==========

>From what you've seen, the books try to start you off with an expansive and knowledgeable foundation as a beginner in the first volumes before getting progressively more challenging with each volume. There's tons and tons of information packed in each book, though, and it frankly makes your mind boggle.
>It becomes increasingly clearer to you that these books were written in mind for students who had professors to explain and help students with difficult concepts, techniques, and theories, rather than as a how-to guide for the laypeople.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26925316
>You are confident in your magical abilities, however, and think you would succeed in understanding the know-how necessary to cast these spells.
>However, your concentration can't be spread out too thin, so you advise yourself to stick with one or two schools of magic as your limit.
>That is if you're looking to check out the set of books, of course.
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>26925316
Divination and Illusion seem inteesting. Maybe we could figure out how that illusion covering the forest works.
>>
Pausing
Updated Pastebins:
http://pastebin.com/a82H9z48
>>26924337
""""""""""...soon""""""""""
>>
>>26925319
I'm thinking we should probably first and foremost focus on divination, since we'll mostly be doing sleuthing and we want to be able to gain as much information about our surroundings as possible.
However, we should probably at least learn some basic illusion and abjuration spells.

Simply being able to cloak a small object as something slightly different could come in handy.
>>
>>26925354
Good to have you back. Too bad I didn't know about this thread until it was almost over. Hope you'll be back soon.
>>
>>26925354
Just a suggestion.
It would probably be a good idea to post each item description (and generally the stuff from the pastebins) at least once in the actual thread, otherwise anyone reading up on it later won't be able to know our status at the time.
>>
==========
CHARACTER
==========
Name: Emery Errant

Sex: Female

Race: Satyr

==========
STATS
==========
HP: 7/7

Focus Die:
-Strength (x2)
-Speed ()
-Intellect ()
-Wits(x2)
-Magic (x3)
>>
==========
SPECIALTIES
==========
Deception (+2): You have a sly tongue and are very adept at throwing people off your verbal trail. +2 bonus to your roll whenever the situation calls for it.

Kicking (+2): While you weren't necessarily the best at it, you had lots of experience using your hooves when you were little. Soccer, kickball, hacky-sack; you got really skilled at handling balls at such an early age. Wait, no, fu-. +2 bonus to your roll whenever the situation calls for it.
>>
==========
TRAITS
==========
Unicorn Satyr: Dare ye enter my magical realm!? An abomination of Equestria, you have the upper body of a human and the lower half of a pony. As such, you're considered either as an exotic oddity or an object of misfortune, despite the trickling growth of your unique species. Not to mention you can cast some sick spells given your unicorn blood. (But you're grandmother was an Earth pony who passed down some strong genetics, so you and your mother are heartier than the average lithe unicorns.)

Long Tangerine Hair: Perpetually unkempt. Smells like fresh oranges though with your favorite conditioner.

Cinnamon Red Fur: Hey, remember those Atomic Fireball candies you had when you were a kid? Yeah? Remember the agonizing pain it caused as it wrecked havoc on your tongue as you sucked it? Heh. Good times.

Average Skin: Not too tan, not too pale. Perfect balance between bacon and marshmallow.

Average Height: It says average, but in reality you tower over most ponies. Not exactly smooth when their snout comes up to your butt. On the plus side, you're great at giving cuddles.
>>
Fit Build: Stronk! You're decently fit and have the muscles to prove it. Underneath all those sandwiches and pizza bagels is a healthy eating regimen of veggies, fruits, whole grains, and plenty of squats.

Modest Breasts: It's not like they're popping out of your jacket or anything, but they provide ample stopping force whenever you find yourself eating the ground super hard. Also they're cute, you guess.

Slender Fingers: Long, nimble fingers. Perfect for grasping things (like a sword!) that are sticky (like an ice cream cone!).

Thick Thighs: Grammy Wander Lust's accolades about being the "best darn dancer this side of 'Questria" never did get to you until you experienced puberty. While they were pretty impressive, these gams of yours made you outgrow your favorite clothes. Never again will you dress up as your favorite sentai costume for Nightmare Night.

Emerald Green Eyes: Bright green eyes that look pretty, glow in the dark, and shoot laser beams! A-Actually, only that first one was true.
>>
==========
SPELLS
==========
Telekinesis: You can move things with your mind! Most items 10 pounds or under will pose no problem for you. Using it on objects over half your body weight, or objects that are travelling at fast speeds will start to become a strain.

Light Orb: A magical floating orb that functions as a light source. Can be moved and controlled at will.

Stun Flash: Instantly emits a flash of blinding light in someone's face, effectively blinding them for a brief period of time.

Teleportation: Instantly travel from one area to another in a short rage. You call them blinks! Can teleport multiple people and objects as well, as long as it's in immediate range of your person. Anymore than three people, farther than your line of sight, or object that are significantly larger than you will start to become a strain.

Soothe: You Ma taught you this one! Soothes and relaxes tense muscles. Also works when dealing with mental ailments such as stress, anxiety, nervousness, fear, etc.

Sense: A technique your Pops brought back from one of his trips. Focuses your mind to actively sense specific energies surrounding people, items, and locations. Takes a significant degree of concentration.
>>
==========
FINANCES
==========
Bits: 125

==========
WEAPONS
==========
Hunting Knife [Sharp]: A good quality knife used for skinning small game such as rabbits and squirrels. Bought at Amara's Barkingsburg General Shoppe.
-Damage: 2
-Good Tags: Silent, Light
-Bad Tags: Short Range

Police Issued Handgun [Ballistics]: An old standard police pistol, issued to unicorn law enforcement. Passed down from Windy's father, to her, and now you. Can hold x10 rounds of ammunition.
-Damage: 3
-Good Tags: Intimidating
-Bad Tags: Intimidating, Permit Required, Bulky

Short Sword [Sharp, ???]: An immaculately kept antique sword found in the back of Amara's closet, who's father once had it in his possession. Delivered to Mr. Paige by his long time colleague, Shanty Ann. Has strange symbols etched on the length of the blade. Sheath and belt included.
-Good Tags: Never Dulls, ???, ???
-Bad Tags: Conductive

Buckler Shield [Blunt]: The companion of Amara's short sword, this equally antique buckler shield is normally used for defense. However, there are ways of implementing it for offense if you so choose.
-Good Tags: Light, Quick
-Bad Tags: Small
>>
==========
GEAR
==========
Auburn Jacket [Clothing]: Your favorite jacket! Well, more like a trench coat than a jacket. Thick, long, and comfortably warm, an asset on those cool days out. Has two pockets that can fit x3 small items in each.

Black Boots [Clothing]: These high black boots fit snugly against your hooves. If you didn't know any better, you'd swear these could be someone's sex boots. But your a kiss-less virgin, so what do you know?

Blue Jeans [Clothing]: Fits you better than your favorite sweater. And that's saying something too considering your thick Earthy-blooded thighs inherited from your mother. Thanks a lot, Ma.
>>
Black T-Shirt [Clothing]: It's actually a concert t-shirt your father got you! It's black with the album art of The Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. This would've made awesome night wear, but you usually go commando. Bummer.
>>
Panties [Clothing]: Simple and elegant. A perfect reflection of a lady your stature.
>>
"Open Your Mind's Eye: Beginner Scrying" [Item]: A book that teaches you how to create a magical sensor that sends you information about your surrounding area.

Bit Pouch [Storage]: Carries lots of bits. Can also double as a flail if they're filled with bits, but your poor ass can only expect to fill it with pebbles.

Burlap Sack [Storage]: Re-purposed from a potato sack from that time you and your family ate potatoes for a whole week. You're tempted to say you hated it, but honestly, you were back to eating chips in less than a week. Carries all your stuff, but can be quite heavy.

Rubber Bullets [Ammunition] (x30): Just because it's non-lethal doesn't mean it can't hurt like hell.
>>
Had to leave out the MP3 player, because for some reason 4chan thinks it's spam.
>>
>>26925451
>Conductive
If we learned a lightning bolt spell, could we channel it through our sword to electrocute the enemy?
>>
>>26924244
I really hope Amara will come with us once this mystery is solved. She can think of it as a little vacation.
>>
>>26926735
Me too. She'll make a great sidekick.
>>
File: Satyr - Emery 6.png (191 KB, 733x895) Image search: [Google]
Satyr - Emery 6.png
191 KB, 733x895
>9 o'clock
That is to say that this thread was at page 9, and I'm just bumping it.
>>
>>26925440
>Not exactly smooth when their snout comes up to your butt.

That gave me quite the visualization.

How long is this gonna be paused for?
>>
File: this makes me hard.jpg (86 KB, 683x646) Image search: [Google]
this makes me hard.jpg
86 KB, 683x646
>>26925440
>>26925444
We're quite the sexy little minx, aren't we.

>>26925461
>This would've made awesome night wear, but you usually go commando.
>pic related
>>
File: large (4).png (904 KB, 1280x797) Image search: [Google]
large (4).png
904 KB, 1280x797
>>26926735
I didn't know she had red eyes. Ups the unf factor for me.
>>
>>26929197
That's a pretty horse yo.
>>
>>26929223
Vinyl is a pretty.
>>
>>26929289
I didn't realize that was vinyl, that makes sense.
>>
bumpt
>>
>>26930923
>>
>>26932316
>>
>>26932312
>>
Please don't tell me this is going to be another month long thread.
>>
>>26934637
I was kinda wondering if we should keep bumping it myself, especially since I don't know when they are gonna come back.
>>
>>26934657
How about another full day and the just let it die if the qm is a no-show.
>>
>>26934693
Sounds like a plan to me.
>>
>>26934693
I'm willing to wait a little longer than one day.
>>
>>26925325
This.
>>
File: Satyr - Emery 7.png (500 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Satyr - Emery 7.png
500 KB, 960x1280
>>
>>26936614
Nice, who made that?
>>
>>26934637
>>26934657
Either late today or late tomorrow, depending on how fast I can get done with this busy work and study. Weekends will be longer sessions, though.
>>
>>26936720
Well alright, cool.
>>
>>26936653
I do not remember. I think someone in the CYOA thread drew it, but I can't be certain.
>>
>>26936800
It's not a style I immediately recognize. Might have just been a wandering drawfag.
>>
>>26936800
Hmm well it's pretty cool either way.
>>
>>26936653
It's a drawfag from /satyr/. Pyrefly said he knew them.
>>
>>26936811
Such is the fate of the proverbial horse with no name.

>>26937072
Well maybe they just wanted to be nameless if Pyre didn't say who it was.
>>
>>26937104
They've posted before, they have a derpibooru account. I forget what it's called though, but this picture doesn't come up when you search the satyr tag.
>>
>>26925325
>>26935954
Are you sure that'll even work? I mean, what if whoever casted this spell is a mighty powerful demon? Do you really think a nobody like us would be able to dispel that shit?
>>
>>26937929
I think it'd be a good idea to take the steps to start to try and understand how it works.
>>
>>26936720
A promise! Lets see if it's kept.
>>
>70 posts
>Only 9 from pyrefly
It's happening again.
>>
>>26941580
That's not bad. It's the bump to QM post that makes it look bad.
>>
>>26940395
>>
>>26936720
>>
Whoa, it's back!
>>
What's with these weird names?
>>
>>26945931
4chan's finally getting with the times. Google integration is here.
>>
Stayed up all night. Will crash soon. Need to know if you still want to run today after I wake up, with all the 4chan shenanigans going on today.
In the meantime, I have some things tucked away in the thread and past CYOA archives. Just a little snippet to keep you occupied while I'm away.
>>
>>26947045
Sure. It's not like it won't be obvious who you are.

I'm not really sure what that second bit is actually supposed to mean.
>>
>>26947045
Don't let 4chan's shenanigans stop you, Levi.
>>
File: Satyr - Emery 5.png (23 KB, 522x668) Image search: [Google]
Satyr - Emery 5.png
23 KB, 522x668
Waiting for OP to wake up.
>>
>>26948628
When do you think he will wake up?
What time zone is he in anyway?
>>
>>26925451
>Has strange symbols etched on the length of the blade.
Did we ask Paige about that sword once? If he recognized the symbols? Or if there's a book about symbols that might explain what they mean?
>>
>>26949757
I believe we did.
IIRC, he mentioned getting the sword from an old friend of his who he hadn't seen in a long time.
I'd have to re-read the last thread for the details.
>>
>>26949757
We asked him, yeah. He didn't know what they were either.
>>
>>26948642
I've never been sure
>>
File: emery sketches 1.jpg (380 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
emery sketches 1.jpg
380 KB, 773x1000
I'll just leave these here...
>>
>>26952029
This work looks familar. And very nice!
>>
File: emery sketches 2.jpg (349 KB, 1000x771) Image search: [Google]
emery sketches 2.jpg
349 KB, 1000x771
>>26952029
>>
>>26952090
If i'm not dumb, this looks like the person that has done quite a few filly anon interacting with twilight pictures.

No clue who they are.
>>
>>26952152

I think this is the artist i'm thinking of. There isn't much of their stuff on derpi, but i know they've drawn a lot more than this.

https://derpibooru.org/1047773
>>
File: Nope.jpg (402 KB, 968x1000) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
402 KB, 968x1000
>>26952275
Try again.
>>
>>26952383
Hmm then i'm not sure, is some of your stuff on derpi at the very least?
>>
>>26924211
nah
>>
>>26952029
>>26952090
Awesome!
>>
Soon he said...
>>
>>26954343
Sorry about that. I really haven't gotten any sleep these past few days. Tomorrow for sure, I have the reply but I know it's going to take a dip in quality if I stay up any longer. Would you rather morning updates on weekends or sometime during the evening?
>>
>>26954668
Do whatever you're most comfortable with.
>>
>>26954668
What time would constitute morning or evening?
>>
>>26954668
I think at this point we're just happy that Curwhibbles is happening.

Please more, it's been too long
>>
>>26954710
It's about 1:27 at night where I am, so morning would be around 9 or 10 AM. Evening would be after 6 PM. And this is all on weekends, by the way.
>>26954695
>>26954712
Sorry for sounding like a broken record, I just never expected to stay up this late.I am hear for the long run though, at least until half the game gets through
>>26947067
There's a message I've hidden in this thread and multiple ones in the past threads of the CYOA generals.
>>
>>26954782
Morning on Saturday is a bad time since people either want to sleep in or watch the new mlp. Also you sound like you can use the sleep. If your going to give us a scavenger hunt, we'll need somewhere to start.
>>
>>26954782
Morning sounds good to me, as your evening would be in the middle of the night here.
>>
>>26954782
>past threads of the CYOA generals
I've never really paid the CYOA generals any attention. Do they have an archive?
>>
>>26954980
Just Desustorage. Title is almost always 'CYOA Discussion' and Pyrefly rarely used his name. They have a 500+ thread every two days on average. Have fun.
>>
>>26954987
Probably not worth it then.

Anyway, the filename in the OP looks weird. I bet it's some sort of encoded message. No idea what encoding it is though.
>>
>>26954990
Yeah. Didn't find anything in the luminosity map of the OP. The filename might be an encoding as you said, but I don't know what kind.
>>
>>26955056
We shall have to ask Mr. Paige about a book on Equestrian encodings next time.
>>
the secrets are there
>>
>>26955067
>>
>>26955880
Do you know them?
>>
>>26954808
episode days area always so fast
>>
>>26955880
Where?
>>
>>26954808
>Morning on Saturday is a bad time since people either want to sleep in
I often sleep in on Sundays because of hangovers.
>>
>>26957427
>>
"Soon" bump
>>
>>26965363
Page 9.
>>
>>26925316
Transmutation an Abjuration should be there respective schools.
>>
>>26965363
>>26966224
Page 10.
>>
>>26965363
Valve time
>>
>>26925319
(>>26925325, >>26925363)

>Indeed you are. If these books are good enough for legitimate wizards, then they'd definitely be enough for someone self-taught such as yourself.
>You take a glance at a few chapters in some of them to try and find some sort of summarization of the entire process of magic. Regretfully, all you find are a lot of verbose essays dealing with the theories dealing with friendship and love, for some strange reason.
>A small parcel of them postulate the possibility of magic energy being a force outside the natural laws of Equestria, but rather than offer a coherent overview of the arcane arts all it manages to do jumble your brain at the current understanding you're at.
>While you don't necessarily get the specifics of each selected tome, you find that each of the books attract you in some shape or form. If you're correct, different schools of magic produce different results. Evocation is for damage based spells, abjuration for protection spells, and transmutation for property altering spells.
>And you get it, who wouldn't want to shoot magic lasers, or ward people from your house, or sprout wings to fly with like a pegasus? But you don't think you'll be needing any heavy firepower like that; in your case, you need knowledge.
"And everyone can agree that knowledge is power," you say while picking books off the shelves. "Oh, sweet molasses, this is a lot of power."
>You struggle to carry the considerably weight of the seven books in your arms. The schools of divination and illusion can help you find helpful information about your case and keep others off your tail while doing it.
>Your hand touches the smooth stone hanging around your neck. Maybe you could find some insight about the strange sights you saw while travelling in the forest.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26968367
>The whirling environment, the putrid scent, the wailing voices echoing in your head. Worst of all, the vision. It still lingers in your mind, like a fever dream of the damned.

==========
Inventory Updated: http://pastebin.com/a82H9z48
==========

"Alright, let's go girl. One hoof at a time, there we go."
>With the tower of books you hobble over your way to the front of the library (you swear you could hear some colts snicker as you past the children's corner) and startle Mr. Paige as you set them on top of his desk.
>"Dear oh my," he says with a fright. "Ah, Miss Emery! I see you found the spell books." Composing himself he eyes your haul behind his spectacles. "And then some."
"I think I found just what I needed Mr. Paige, thanks for the recommendation."
>His paws type something on the monitor. "Yes well, normally this would require a library card, but for you detective," he says with a wink, "I'll just add your check-out into the system."
"The clues are there, sir. Somewhere out there. I'll find them yet."
>The clothes in your bulging napsack are shoved aside to make room for the new books. You don't think you can fit anything else in this sack.
>You heave the sack over your shoulder and head outside. Now, with your newly acquired treasure trove of books, you could finally train your spell weaving and you have all afternoon to do it.
>Or, you could make a quick trip to the Mayflowers now that you're out, as you recall.
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>26968371
I think we should unload the books before we do anything else. It's a lot of unnecessary weight.
>>
>>26968371
Yeah. Drop off then Mayflowers.
>>
>>26968371
Let's go talk to Mayflower. We might learn something important. We can study the books later when we get back.
>>
>>26968430
>>26968502
Drop the books off where? At Amara's place? Doesn't it take a little while to get there? By the time we've unloaded the books and are back in town again to visit Mayflower, it might be dark.
>>
>>26968877
I've no idea what the map looks like anymore. If that's the case then Mayflower first.
>>
>>26968877
The time says on the pastebin says it's still 10 in the morning.
>>
>>26968893
Alright, but didn't Paige say once that it was only possible to meet Mayflower at certain times? Or am I completely wrong here?
>>
>>26968930
Maaaaybe? It's been a long while since the events happened.
>>
>>26968371
(>>26968430, >>26968502, >>26968508)

>You'd try to come up with a decision between the two locations, but you have to drop off the books back at Amara's place since they're making you uncomfortable: the strap is too tight on your chest, your back is killing you, and the frogs of your hooves might need a good rubdown after this.
>"I should've gotten my driver's license by now," saying as you wipe the sweat off your forehead. You lament swerving into that bingo house. But that squirrel just darted into the street like that, like a nutcase!
>The trip to the Barkingsburg General Shoppe is a bit cumbersome, but you make past the front of the front door. Entering the back room, you find the pot on the back burner, boiling unattended. Smells like soup again, sniffing the delightful air.
>Amara must be out in the back, you think. Filled to the brim, you set your sack as gently down as possible. The books were loaned out in goodwill, remember.
>It's pretty crazy, unloading such studious products next to the corner filled with your growing piles of "stuff" and "junk". Heavy too, according to the kink in your back and sweaty shirt. A good, cool refreshing drink of water will take care of that.
>As you retrieve a bottle, you then hear the backdoor creaking open and see Amara emerge from the hallway. "Hey, you're back from the library?"
==========
(...)
>>
>>26969015
>You take a few big gulps from the bottle, the plastic crunching beneath your fingers as you squeeze it for every last once, and exhale a cool breath.
"Yeah," you sigh. "Just dropping off the cargo over here first, before I pass out or something."
>"Goodness, you didn't pedal all that way with *those* in your pack, did you?" Wide-eyed, she points at the erratically stacked pile of books in the corner next to the table. "No wonder you're sweating up a storm like it's summer. Do you think you could stay for a while and relax?"
"On the one hand, I'd love to scoop up a helping of whatever it is you're cooking in the pot. But I've got to make another run out to the flower shop. There's something I want to ask them if they knew anything about the murder of Mayor Shuck's ancestor."
>Amara shrugs and heads to stir the pot. "Just make sure you get Mrs. Mayflower at the counter. Her husband is a bit of a crab-case."
"Say Am," you sigh, leaning against the refrigerator door. "Do you have a license?"
>"Of course I do," she scoffs. "I'm not twelve."
"Okay. I'm just wondering if your hooves get sore pedaling back and forth all day. Wouldn't it be easier if you had a car?"
>She flicks her ears and turns back from the pot, giving you an absurd look before shaking her head in jest. " Uh, duh? Yeah, of course it would be Em. But as you noticed," she said while waving the spoon, flinging droplets of thick sauce around the room, "I'm caught with my pants down, financially speaking. Besides, the van got taken after the accident anyway, so I didn't go outside much unless it was necessary or for special occasions. Still don't really."
"God, I'm sorry." You pinch the bridge of your nose. "If this is bringing up any bad memories-"
>"Settle down Emery," she says with a chuckle. "you're not in the wrong. I found that talking about it helps. Talking to *people* helps. It's nice to know someone else is listening on the other end."
==========
(...)
>>
>>26969022
>As Amara stirs the pot once more, she yelps as you give her a squeeze from behind.
"And you can talk to me whenever, right?"
>"Mhm. You or Mr. Paige. God, even the cat person up the road has a bigger audience than me."
"And you know you could talk about anything, right?" You twist a random string of hair in Amara's mane. "Like...like what are we going to buy after getting the massive reward?"
>"Pfft, reward? I don't think you get money for figuring out the identity of a murderer," she sighs. "Unless you're a cop. Then, yeah, that's your job."
"Just make pretend with me then." You keep nudging her playfully until she sighs and pushes you off with a smile.
>"Alright, you overgrown mutant toddler. Hmm. It's definitely going to go to Mr. Paige first to pay off that loan. Is it a lot of bits?"
"As many bits in the bag of a wealthy waterfowl."
>"Sure, that's an accurate estimate." Amara taps her snout with her forehoof, looking up and pondering. She assesses the state of the room, cobwebs strewn in the upper corners of the aging ceiling. "You know...I'm not sure. I'd honestly wouldn't know what to do with that money, other than take care of the house."
>She turns to you and sticks her forehoof in your face. "What what would *you* get?"
"Me? Aw, but you didn't answer the question yet!"
>"Nuh-uh, I'm more interested in what you'd spend it on. What, would it be a year's free worth of food at a restaurant? Spending an entire week with the Sentai Stallions?"
"I don't know, it might be silly." Amara sits down and blows a stray strand hair out of her eye.
>"Hey, no judging here, I promise I won't find it silly no matter how cheesy it is." She lazily crosses her chest indicating where her heart should be. "So spill, what would you do if you had a fortune of bits?"
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>26969022
Wouldn't it be difficult for a small equine to drive a car?
>>
>>26969031
Deodorant, so we wouldn't have to shower all the time.
>>
>>26969059
There are cars small enough.
>>
>>26969031
A proper magic education. We've learned a lot on our own but there's just things you miss without a formal education.

Regardless she doesn't get to get away that easily, play with the tip of her ear until she answers.
>>
>>26969094
I wonder if they let satyrs study at Celestia's school for gifted unicorns.
>>
>>26969105
They might if they shower properly.
>>
>>26969129
Maybe we could learn a deodorant spell.
>>
>>26969167
I bet a generic cleansing spell exists somewhere. Not as effective bathing properly, but does some basic stuff.
>>
>>26969167
Do you think we could make our sweat smell differently? Like vanilla or oranges?
>>
>>26969202
Perhaps. Then we'd never have to shower again.
>>
>>26969283
...Never? Are you sure? But she;d still have to use the bathroom and stuff.
>>
>>26969339
>But she;d still have to use the bathroom and stuff.
Of course.
>>
Would a deodorant/smell-cloaking spell be considered illusion or alchemy?

Or perhaps there would be possible spells in either school that could be used for that purpose.
Unless illusion is restricted to only the visual, we could simply cover it up with an olfactory illusion.
Alternatively, there could be a way to alter our sweat glands into excreting something else that's smell-free or more pleasant smelling using alchemy.
>>
>>26969422
I wouldn't know, but it probably only deals in visual illusion. I'd put that under transmutation, since it's altering the properties of something. On a side note, do you think Amara would know any zebra alchemy? Or is it something urban zebras don't really find the need to pick up?
>>
>>26969464
She doesn't really strike me as the straw-hut dwelling witch doctor type of zebra.
Probably most modern Equestrian zebras are much the same as earth ponies.

We could ask her though.
>>
>tfw OP fapped and fell asleep
>>
>>26969503
I'd fap to Emery.
>>
>>26969548
Yeah, she's a cutie. We need more porn of her.
>>
>>26969555
>More
We have porn of her?
>>
>>26969569
Not really. Some mildly suggestive stuff.
>>
>>26969591
I'd go for some lewds. She's got the thighs for it.
>>
>>26969618
She's a real sex bomb.
>>
>>26969031
(>>26969094, >>26969065)

"What'd I want, huh..."
>Sitting cross-hoofed beside Amara, you drum your fingers on your thigh, reminiscing on all the things you've lacked in your life.
>Your father's occupation brought a lot of gasps, oohs, and ahs whenever it was time at school, being a travelling photo-journalist and all (coupled with the fact that he was the only humie in town). But he worked for a small time magazine, smaller than most.
>All of his trips were on the dime of the company, departing for weeks on end to find what he thought were the perfect set of shots.
Squirt', he used to say, 'never go in anything half-cocked. A dead rooster does nobody no good.'
>Colts and mares at school always wondered why you came to school in the same clothes they wore a month or two ago, or why you always opted to stay at home whenever your three other friends decided to go out. Some of your classmates made the passing erroneous suggestion that you could always join a travelling circus as a freakshow as a side job for bits.
>Yeah, they weren't laughing when you suggested a good kick in the face for cosmetic surgery. But it wasn't all bad.
>When you were younger your mother used to help manage a small bakery to support the family while your father was away. At times you would go with her early in the morning, and she would sit you out back and bake a small batch of lemon cookies to share with before the start of the day, just the two of you.
>Crumbs outlined the edges of your mouth as you made short work of the chewy cookies, bursting with that sweet tangy zest inside. As the morning sun rose and the bakery soon buzzed to life, you would always make sure to pack two of the cookies in a white paper bag to share with your father when he would get back.
>Thinking back on it, even though you and your family weren't all that far from ending up in Amara's situation right now, you atleast had the benefit of being surrounded by people that cared.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26970110
>You place your head on one of Amara's shoulders, letting out a dramatic sigh as your arm languidly makes its way around her.
"You know Am, if I had all the bits of the world flying out my wazoo," you say as your hand travels towards her ear. "I'd really just want to be able to go to a good magic school like the one I'd read about in books. My ma, good mare that she is, was really sad last year that she couldn't really afford for me to go to college after dipping into the fund for household emergencies. Not to mention that the job prospects for satyrs aren't great. No cutie mark and all. I just want to make her and Poppa proud."
>Sighing, you make your move; as Amara lends one ear to your tale, you rub and scratch the back of the other one.
>"H-hey! Quit it, I'm ticklish!" She blushes as you nonchalantly toy with her sensitive ear, provoking her tail to swish too and fro.
"There's something telling me to become an awesome wizard Am," you continue as you ignore her flustered plea. "but the world will never realize it or appreciate my talent unless I can nurture it in the right environment. Heck, I'd probably be able to breeze through those books back there if I was enrolled in a proper school.
>"Seriously, t-this isn't cool Em! A-ahh!" Amara whines as she melts by your side. You can tell that she hates it by her fore hoof repeatedly tapping on the floor, so you scratch it even faster. You maniac.
"I could've invented a spell that would've revolutionized people's lives." Your eyes sparkle as you think of the first of many glorious possibilities your mind conjures up had you gone to Canterlot's Academy for Gifted Unicorns. "No baths. Ever. Just a quick zap and you're good for atleast a day. Comic conventions can be tolerable once more! By God, think of the time we would save! I'd never have to leave my computer again!"
>You let up on petting Amara's ear, who immediately slinks down on the floor panting, and get up.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26970118
"Maybe deodorant would work just as well...I'm sure of it. Can I change my answer to a year's supply of deodorant instead?"
>"G...gross. That's...phew, really disgusting. Holy crap, Em. Seriously. Whoo boy." A heavily labored and breathy Amara speaks up from the floorboards. You can only offer a disappointing shake of the head, looming over the body of the zebra who you so easily wrought into an unspeakable writhing mess.
"That's what you get for not answering me. I expect an answer from you once I return, missy. No buts."
>With that, you step over the recovering Amara and leave her to recover with the low churning of today's lunch or dinner in the background.

----------

>Finding the flower shop wasn't a huge ordeal, what with the gorgeously arranged display of flowers spotlighting the entrance to the small shop. A sign that, in it's heyday would be considered charming at best, displays the title 'Mayflower Express' on the building front.
>Amara was right in her directions. Behind the shop lies a strip of green from the park area adorned with some benches for seating, before it terminates into Doggywood Forest. Hopefully you can find more evidence about Shuck's involvement in Boxcar's murder, most pressingly the insignia found behind the very trees that sit and sway just a few hoof steps away.
>Fragrances of different kind hang around the air as you reach for the door handle. A small ringing bell sounds as you pass through the door.
>Entering the shop, you're met with an even brighter burst of color than outside. The floor gives way to floral centerpiece consisted of a pyramid of flower pots turning ever so slowly. The rest of the store is adorned with hanging flower baskets on the wall and benches on all sides, save for a closed green door at the north end of the shop and a flight of stairs behind her.
>All the while, a merigold mare hums a jaunty tune while tapping her hooves on the counter.
==========
(...)
>>
>>26970130
"Hello there, miss?" You say as you approach.
>"Ooh!" She squeaks. "Oh, why hello 'dere! Welcome to Mayflower Express! Where mum's deh word, we're quick as ah bird! Say, yer one of dem human folk, aren't cha? Don't get much 'f yer kind down here. Course you could always crouch down and dat'll fix dat problem real swell, ohahahahoo!" She punctuates with a shrill giggle.
>Her thick accent places in the north somewhere. If the few aged lines you can find on her face massively dissuades you, then surely the giggle and the sparkling eyes must say that she's a youthful one for her age. You can guess that this is Mrs. Mayflower.
"Uh, hello there...ma'am," you say while collecting your thoughts after they've spilled all over the floor."I'm looking for-"
>"Oh my stars!" Mrs. Mayflower gasps once she collects her glasses on top of her green hair and puts them on. You hear an 'oof' escape her as she leans over the counter and eyes you up and down in distress, hindlegs wiggling behind her..
>"Yer a satyr!? Oh dear, oh me oh my..." She sets down on the floor. "What can I get fer you miss? And do make it quick." After saying that you notice that her eyes dart to the closed door.
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
Pausing
Updated Pastebins:
http://pastebin.com/a82H9z48
>>26969555
That'd be nice...nice and lewd. Satyrs are not for sexual. Kinda.
>>26969632
Don't inflate her head, she's practically a kissless virgin.
>>26969422
Illusion spells can alter a person's perception of senses, so yes, smell-cloaking would be under the school of illusion.
>>26969059
>>26969076
The ponies aren't that small, she could fit relatively well in pony cars. But she's more of a motorcycle person anyway.
>>
File: my sides.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>>26970118
>>26970130
>>
>>26970160
I guess we should ask her about her ancestor Nathaniel Mayflower. See if she knows, or at least has any theories about what he found out about the shucks and whether she thinks he was actually guilty of the murder or framed.

If she thinks he was in some way betrayed by the Shucks, she may be helpful in digging up dirt on Amadeus.
>>
>>26970202
>Don't inflate her head, she's practically a kissless virgin.
That doesn't make her any less sexy.
>>
>>26970160
We were doing some research on the history of the town and the Shuck lineage. We heard that you could help us.
>>
>>26970295
Going straight into it might be a bit to direct. From the way she's acting she might've heard about us already.
>>
>>26971601
I doubt that. She's probably just old and speciesist.
>>
>>26972136
It was an extremely quick change so we should be careful until we know why, else we loose out on this chance for information.
>>
>>26972260
What exactly do you suggest we do then?
She already knows we're a satyr now, so unless she's got alzheimer's it's too late to do anything about that.
>>
>>26972321
We find out why she reacted the way she did and then we work towards asking the important questions. If we act offended we can determine whether it's because of Shuck, somebody else, or if she's actually a speciesist.
>>
>>26972406
Yeah, I guess we should start with figuring out why she's acting so hostile towards us.
>>
>>26972406
Maybe we could politely ask why she changed her tone so suddenly?
>>
She doesn't have a problem with humans, but she seems to have one with satyrs? Is she perhaps someone who thinks that love is something that should remain between the same species?
>>
>>26974895
>Is she perhaps someone who thinks that love is something that should remain between the same species?
It seems likely.
>>
Page 10 bump.

pls pyrefly, moar Emery.
>>
>>26976095
Page 10 pyrefly is kill bump.
>>
>>26977084
Page 10 pyrefly is still kill bump. Good night Anons, I'm out til tomorrow.
>>
yay pyrefly
>>
You know what I just remembered? That we should delete our bumps right after we've bumped so the thread doesn't get filled with bumps.
>>
People die when they are killed
>>
>>26982686
Tell that to Brahms.
>>
File: emery.png (373 KB, 1338x2328) Image search: [Google]
emery.png
373 KB, 1338x2328
>tfw shit at drawing
>>
>>26985749
Kinda forgot her tail bub.
>>
>>26982686
I wouldn't die even if you killed me
>>
>>26924211
Bump.
>>
>Waiting for lewds with Emery going commando
>>
>>26987005
Shit, you're right. I'll fix it later when I get home.
>>
>>26985749
I'm gunna wreck it!
>>
File: emery2.png (396 KB, 1316x2280) Image search: [Google]
emery2.png
396 KB, 1316x2280
>>26987005
Tail added. Let's just say she was lifting it up behind her back before... yeah, that's it...
>>
File: emery3.png (346 KB, 1268x2280) Image search: [Google]
emery3.png
346 KB, 1268x2280
Still a bit dodgy, but I think it's an improvement.
>>
>>26993455
>>26994256
You're doing good man, keep at it.
>>
File: crude emery side.png (337 KB, 1263x2211) Image search: [Google]
crude emery side.png
337 KB, 1263x2211
"Lewd" version: http://imgur.com/Qc7QPF9

Never mind her seemingly missing right arm. It's in her pocket... or something. Yeah.
>>
So I'm curious, how many Curwhibbles players are from /satyr/, /cyoa/, both, or neither?
>>
Sorry for the delay, I'm running tomorrow.
Also it's a key.
>>
>>26997680
oh boy
>>
>>26997009
/satyr/ here.
>>
>>26997009
/cyoa/
>>
No lies this time.
>>
>>26997009
just the board
>>
Free bump
>>
>>26997009
/satyr/.
>>
>>26997680
I know you're out there somewhere
>>
File: the truth is out there.jpg (38 KB, 591x453) Image search: [Google]
the truth is out there.jpg
38 KB, 591x453
>>27004200
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.