[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We could've had so many interesting episodes with all this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: map.jpg (3 MB, 4500x3150) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
3 MB, 4500x3150
We could've had so many interesting episodes with all this land, so many places to explore and create new stories with.
But you'll never get to see them, because creating new assets and hiring good writers is too much effort, instead you're forced to gobble up new princess after princess and more shitty characters. How does it feel to know the show has potential but it will never be as good as it was in S1?
>>
>>26906231
What ever happened to this setting? I remember reading up on a lot of lore about it and really regretting how fleshed out this is compared to the actual show.
>>
>>26906231
The show is better than it was in S1.
>>
>>26906231
1. What the hell is this.
2. What is the sauce? Original link? Link to its first posting here from the archive?

3. Why is this literally the first time I've seen this mentioned on here, or ED, or anywhere?

4. How are you not aware this season is literally called Explore Equestria?

5. How can you not see that the map of Equestria matches the official map?

6. How can you not recall that on ED, there have been several official maps released, and that the latest one has arrows to the 'Unknown West'?
>>
>>26906455
It was canned together with Faust's dreams and vision

>>26906591
It's the official map back from 2012.
>Explore Equestria
what about all that shit outside equestria?
>>
>>26906678

I'm pretty sure this is a fan-made map.

>>26906231

I tend to keep my headcanon foreign countries' locations vague, just in case Hasbro decides to make the world map smaller again.
>>
>>26906678
Are you dumb?

That's an old fanmade map.
>>
>>26906678
It's unofficial
>>26906591
1. It's an unofficial map of the expanded world of Equestria and beyond. There was a wiki that accompanied it, but I can't find it right now.

2. http://vikonaut.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-and-beyond-rev-8-1-253465186

3. Because it's fairly old and hasn't been updated in a while.

4. Because this season intro was the most lackluster premiere I've ever seen, and any attempt of exploring Equestria (yaks, dragons) has been disappointing.

5. It is. You can also see how it expands into something more than that.

6.The official map, in my personal opinion, feels constrained. Entire territories for monsters only shown for one season? Unnecessary name changes to already established places? Griffonstone was the only thing they got right, and even then I had some issues about it. There's a lot of things I'm not hopeful for with this season, haphazard handling setting and lore most of all.
>>
>>26907106
The episodes yesterday were fine, what's the problem?

Thank God it's not Poof - the baby was only unwell, though it's still KIWF In its design.

How was it lacklustre? Just because it's slower paced like the S5 intro doesn't make it lacklustre.

Also
>map
>ameraspi territory
>episode 5, dragon lord
>more dragons coming
>griffins get cutie marks
>could mean spike gets one
>spike will definitely be explored more
Patience.
>>
>>26906231
The TV show is nothing more than a means of getting people to want to buy the toys, either for themselves or for their daughters. That's it. That's the whole purpose of the show. Same thing with G.I.Joe, Transformers, Littlest Pet Shop, M.A.S.K., He-Man/She-Ra and countless other toy lines that also have TV shows. We were never going to see much beyond Equestria because there was no reason to make an entire new toy line to cover the new areas.
>>
>>26907682
They could've introduced some new area and made a toyset on that instead of shoehorning shit like twilicorn or canterlot wedding or rainbow power in.
>>
File: ab3.png (427 KB, 1020x1080) Image search: [Google]
ab3.png
427 KB, 1020x1080
>>26906231
>intense world and character development
>a low-budget show for kids
Choose one.
The current amount of world development satisfies the target audience. Also, introducing and reinforcing many different regions, cities, characters, etc. would be far too hard to do in the time allotted for the show and would confuse children. As much as I'd like to see a city other than Manehattan or a several-episode story arc in a deer nation or something, it simply won't happen. Even Faust wouldn't have done it. If you need more worldbuilding, read fanfiction or join another fandom.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.