[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd forgotten how cute this show was. Everyone, and I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
I'd forgotten how cute this show was. Everyone, and I mean literally every single pony in this premiere episode was so god damned cute.
>>
>>26888100
It's a shame a lot of /mlp/ seems to hate it, ironically or not, cause it really was a whole lot of cute. Starlight and Sunburst especially, but Twilight had a lot of cute too.
>>
>>26888118
I love how Starlight really is taking on Twilight's earlier role, right down to her interactions with Spike - though with a little more back and forth banter between them.
>>
>>26888129
Yeah, Spike was good with her. I liked him being someone Starlight can go to before Twilight.
Twilight in hindsight figuring out what Celestia had done for her when she was a pupil and mellowing out about her teaching being "bad" in the premiere was kinda nice too.
>>
>>26888144
Aye. This was a good opener. Bit more low-stakes, "classic", fantasy in comparison to last season's one, but that's ok. It's little horses doing little horse things. And with Twilight unable to reprise the role she used to have in earlier seasons, it actually feels good that they're shaking up the character dynamic a bit. Looking forward to future exploits.
>>
>>26888164
Having a cute, low stakes premiere was an unexpectedly nice change. I thought it would be pretty meh with no big bad, but it worked.
I hope that changeling isn't just a cameo and they end up coming back in force for something. That stolen baby idea is pretty cool sounding.
>>
>>26888183
Wait, changeling? I missed that. Or did you mean in ep. 100?
>>
File: 1459071750400.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459071750400.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>26888186
I'm guessing you missed the premiere sticky.
Good amount of reaction from that find in there.
>>
>>26888100
Your opinion is wrong. The episodes was shit. why cant the writeres do anything fucking right. There all a bunch of newfags stinking up the show with there hasjew bullshit. MUH LORE MUH LORE!!!!!!!!! Why can't to see how retarded you are. Your so retarded you don't even care about quality. The show is shit now! Since you like it that must mean that you are willing to eat any disgusting filth the jews at hasbro put out. LITERALLY KILL YOURSELF!
>>
>>26888118
I don't hate it, but it is rather bland- for lack of a better word- when compared to previous season openers. Even The Crystal Empire, for all its flaws, had a central point to its story. This one seemed to bounce back and forth between focusing on Flurry and Starlight and didn't really settle on either one. And on a note more driven by personal preference, I've never been that fond of stories where things continuously go wrong as a result of bad luck or miscommunication. It feels too contrived.

Of course, my standards might be set higher than usual since last season's first episode tried a new idea and completely nailed it.
>>
>>26888100

>Cute

Nice buzzword
>>
>>26888207
Oh god not this faggot again. Don't mind us were not trying to have fun or enjoy cute things here. You can go back to whatever general you came from
>>
>>26888199
It may just be me being blown away by how cute I felt everything was and being okay with the stuff others found less than convincing otherwise. It could fit together later in the season and make sense, but I can see a lot of the reasons for Anons being between meh and disliking it.
I've always seemed to be in it more for character development and small moments anyway. It's why even the episodes I like least aren't total losses to me.

>>26888219
>replying
>>
>>26888100
Sunburst was a solid 8/10.
Would suck his dick
>>
File: haber.png (140 KB, 602x427) Image search: [Google]
haber.png
140 KB, 602x427
>>26888100
ITT
gulping Hasbro's shit.
>>
>>26888197
Ohh, right. I was wondering what that black dot was, but it was too small for me to make out properly. Neat.
>>26888199
Aye, like said, it played it a lot safer, but for me that's ok. If they only try to one-up another premiere after premiere, you'll eventually end up with some overloaded nonsense. It worked with Starlight being more grounded than Tirek, but the openers are never the high points of the seasons, they're there to set the tone (if you ask me). And going by this one, it's going to be about Starlight learning things, Twilight learning to be a teacher and the occasional magical explosion - and most of all, little ponies doing little pony things. Tried and true, with a new character to mix things up a little bit. I'm optimistic.
>>
Cuteness is irrelevant because the ponies act like retards infused with memes. Literally every second word uttered by Pinkie is "party". It's like bad fanfiction.
>>
>comfy show related thread ruined by a bunch of memers
eh
>>
>>26888221
Oh, character moments are important for me too. I wouldn't have enjoyed Castle Sweet Castle or Tanks for the Memories half as much if they hadn't had such entertaining interactions between the main six. It's just odd to have a two-part episode, usually the designated time for introducing new plotlines, be spent tying up loose ends from last season instead.

Maybe the show's breaking away from its usual season structure? S5 put major story events in the middle of the season. It's not too far-fetched to guess that S6 might be going one step further by putting a character development story into the opener and saving adventures for later. I'm sure there are more than a few people on /mlp/ who like that it wasn't all about Twilight this time.
>>
>>26888270
The word "party" was only said 4 times in the whole premiere, all of them in the first episode, and three of them right at the start, as a way to reintroduce the character to the audience.
>>
>>26888294
Sorry, which major story events do you mean? I haven't re-watched S5 since it ended, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
>>
>>26888294
>I'm sure there are more than a few people on /mlp/ who like that it wasn't all about Twilight this time.
Indeed it did focus on another pony. Starlight seemed to be the star of this one if you ask me. She had the conflict throughout the premiere that had to be overcome for a resolution to be found.
>>
>>26888198
Thread should have ended here
>>
>>26888312
The first two-parter introduced the map and Starlight, both of which affected the rest of the season.

>>26888322
Agreed. This was a Starlight Glimmer episode all the way. I'm happy to see the show branching out as far as character focus goes, but I also worry that Twilight may fade into the background and become less interesting as she takes on a mentor role.
>>
>>26888364
She may not. I see her judging her quality as a teacher by how Starlight does, and worrying she won't live up to Celestia's example if she falls short or Starlight starts down a bad path again. Could make for some fun times.
>>
>>26888364
>The first two-parter introduced the map and Starlight, both of which affected the rest of the season.
But that still makes them the most major story events of the season.
>Twilight may fade into the background and become less interesting as she takes on a mentor role.
With her character moment at the end of the episode, I wouldn't worry about it. At least not more than in the previous two seasons. It's good she gets a new role.
>>
>>26888299
stopped watching there. Too cringeworthy to continue.
>>
>>26888199
>miscommunication causes shit to go sideways
>seems contrived

You do realize that throughout history, hundreds upon thousands upon millions of people have died during a crisis or battle because of a chain of miscommunications, right?
>>
>brony bathhouse: the thread
cease
desist
>>
>>26888544

There's miscommunication then there are characters being so dull-headed and socially unaware they can't notice the other is stuttering horribly and awkwardly,
>>
>>26888544
I could believe one or two misunderstandings, or a series of miscommunications and accidents that don't follow a set pattern. When every domino topples in precisely the same direction without outside influence, though, that presses a bit toward the end of what suspension of disbelief can cover.
>>
Love the board during the season when theres variety to legitimate show discussion threads
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.