[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Josh Haber contradict the canon official book written by Amy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
Josh Haber contradict the canon official book written by Amy and Faust.

And the new storyboard artist for this season is an Undertale fan.

http://lynxgriffin.tumblr.com/

Every day i'm more dissapointed with DHX.
>>
I remember a comment about "the alicorns" in that book, but nothing else. It was rather vague. Anyone have the pages in question?
>>
>>26886703
>contradicted
They only said that this hasn't happened in equestria, not that it hasn't ever happened before.
>>
>>26886723
Equestria probably didn't even exist when Celsetia and Luna were born
>>
>>26886703
>Tumblrtale

Hasbro wanted the Tumblr audience.

God, I legitimately hope it all ends soon. It'll go the way of post-movie Spongebob, but Tumblr-oriented. Just kill it off for good.
>>
>>26886723
Princess Celestia: The birth of an Alicorn is something Equestria has never seen!
Princess Luna: It is beyond even our understanding.

>BEYOND OUR UNDERSTANDING

There is no damage control from this, Josh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrF6bYQMg0
>>
>>26886811
Tommy Oliver please go!
>>
>>26886703
>not also tweeting that to Faust
He's a good man.
>>
>>26886811
Do you remember your own birth and first years?
>>
>>26886811
>Made entire video about how he was quiting the fandom because "muh integrity"
>Came crawling right back because he realized he would have to get a real job
Opinion is less than worthless.
>>
>>26886978
I think I'd remember if I was born with extra limbs. Or, I have the logic to put together that if I didn't earn them at some point in my life, I must have been born with them.

Fuck off, shill
>>
Celestia and Luna aren't from Equestria because they were born before it was founded. The book itself mentions how they are alicorns and were from the time they were fillies. They came from a whole society of alicorns who raised them.
>>
>>26886997
They weren't extra limbs. They were born that way. Just like the alicorns who helped to raise them...

It's beyond their comprehension because it has never happened in Equestria.
>>
>>26886811
>Princess Celestia: The birth of an Alicorn is something Equestria has never seen!
meaning that during Equestria's existence there hasn't been an alicorn born. They never said "The birth of an alicorn is something that has never been seen!"

>BEYOND OUR UNDERSTANDING
that means they don't understand how it works, dumbass. nowhere did they say they weren't natural born alicorns.
>>
>>26886703
>Basically all of Season 6 has become non-canon now
GG Josh
>>
>>26887046
This.

I mean, I doubt they put that much thought into the exact wording, since that would mean they left it ambiguous on purpose. But it still doesn't say that they weren't born alicorns.

Though even if they weren't, that would mean they ascended as fillies and thus have at least a thousand years as being alicorns vs a few years of being whatever else, at which point they might as well have always been alicorns.
>>
it's fucking nothing, the thread
>>
File: 1453472467609.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1453472467609.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>26886703
Must the show staff ruin everything with thier constant show contridictions? I swear they do it on purpose to fuck with us.
>>
>>26886773
That's my thought. We'll see this show trying hard to fit in liberal/sjw values and morals, because keep in mind, they keep shilling for it.
They want like, Lyrta and Bonnie to fuck, they asked for a gay pride episode, they now want Big Macintosh to be MORE than a crossdresser.
Fuck that.
>>
>>26886703
Come to think of it I still haven't read that guidebook thing only the journal
>>
File: IMG_20160327_111257.png (116 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_111257.png
116 KB, 720x720
This filly gets it.
>>
>>26887237
Gets what exactly? This screenshot is pretty vague.
>>
>>26887046
Or perhaps Haber haven't read the fucking book? Stop damage controlling you stupid shill. You will find headcanon for every shit, including MMC shitfest.
>>
>>26886703

Josh Haber doesn't work for DHX
>>
What's the problem with contradicting a book that was already full of contradictions anyway?

Not to mention it's flat out irresponsible to take as canon something most viewers will never read.
>>
>>26887747
He's an official story editor. He must work for DHX to have such position. Freelnace writers woudn't also get a job making an Equestria Girls movie.
>>
>>26887798

No you idiot, DHX is a production company, Josh does writing and story editor duty, which are both pre-production jobs done at Hasbro Studios in Los Angeles.
>>
You're a moron.
>>
>>26887046
Nice mental gymnastics m8, but it won't change the fact that either the script was written very poorly or they just don't give a fuck about the Journal any more.
>>
File: damage control.jpg (114 KB, 642x351) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
114 KB, 642x351
>>
>>26887859
This question should be directed to Mccarthy, she helped with the Journal and had to approve the premiere script as part of her new job.
>>
there is nothing wrong with Undertale other than its fanbase
>>
Who cares about Faust and Amy, and thier book? The show increased in quality with thier departure and their plans mean nothing.
>>
>>26887895
Hello Josh!
>>
>>26886703

Now you're just reaching for reasons to hate things. Bored now.
>>
>>26887941
Sorry to invade your safe space, brony.
>>
>>26887870
Josh Haber is story editor on FiM now, that's McCarthy's old job.
>>
>>26887877
To make up for it, there is plenty wrong with the fanbase though. Even as someone who followed the MLP fandom from the beginning I find it obnoxious
>>
>>26888348
At least it's not as "progressive" as the SU fandom.
>>
>>26888348
Honestly, as someone who doesn't really know about Undertale, I've seen way more people moaning about the fandom than I've seen actual fandom shit worth moaning about.

That being said, I don't browse Tumblr so maybe that's got something to do with it.

The game looks decent though. From the way people were talking about it I thought it would be another FNAF-esque overhyped piece of shit.
>>
>>26888685
Well, it IS pretty overhyped.
For what it is, i.e. a game made by a single person with no prior experience that you can get for 10 bucks, it's really nice and enjoyable.

But people treat it like the best game ever, which it definitely is not.
>>
>>26886703
i really should read that guidebook although chances are like the journal it will be unavailable in my region and i will have to go looking for a download link
>>
File: tfw you got keked by a hoers.jpg (756 KB, 808x3480) Image search: [Google]
tfw you got keked by a hoers.jpg
756 KB, 808x3480
>>26886703
>And the new storyboard artist for this season is an Undertale fan.
We're probably the last fandom to complain about quality of itself.
>>
>>26888738
That thread was hilarious.
>>
File: 2482684.png (763 KB, 1041x673) Image search: [Google]
2482684.png
763 KB, 1041x673
>>26887046
this.

are people fucking forgetting that equestria was founded without celestia and luna? remember the whole hearthwarming episode?

anyone even fucking watch the show?
>>
>>26888685
>>26888727
its a great game. it doesnt have to be the best game ever to be great in its own right. i never understood that mindset.
>>
>>26886703
>And the new storyboard artist for this season is an Undertale fan.
How is his preference in games related to his drawing skills you retard
you don't have to sperg out every time someone likes something you don't
>>
>>26888760
>are people fucking forgetting that equestria was founded without celestia and luna?
we can't be sure about that, after all they WERE on the flag, Equestria could have been founded before Celly and Luna becoming its rulers, which isn't that much a stretch considering they are thousands of years old
>>
>>26888738
What board is that?
>>
>>26888776
Its even funnier because he seems to think he is above undertalefags while watching fucking ponies
>>
>>26888799
/a/, look at the post numbers
>>
>>26888799
/a/ and /mlp/
>>
Here is something that always bugged me about the princesses, Celly and Luna are supposedly thousands of years old, but that wouldn't be old enough to be as old as the planet itself, which means something or someone moved the star and satellite before them, were there other alicorns before Celly and Luna who did their job? Did the sun and moon moved on their own until something happened that made them stop?
>>
>>26888797
>we can't be sure about that
yes, we can. the unicorns, pegasi, and earth pones came together and formed equestria. it wasnt under the leadership of celestia and luna, it was under the leadership of princess platinum and the others.
the journal of the two sisters also supports this, as luna and celestia are introduced later by starswirl the bearded as a means to raise and lower the sun and moon without depleting unicorns.
>>
>>26888844
Hearth's Warming Eve shows that the unicorns did their job before Luna and Celestia took over.
>>
>>26888858
>>26888861
You're right, but that still doesn't explain the flag design
>>
>>26888886
Either it's a simple oversight, no one cared to come up with a new design, or the just used this flag in the play because it's the present flag of Equestria.
>>
>half of this thread replies about the undertale shit
>not about the more important statement of this idiot writer fucking up the canon
Idiots
>>
>>26886703
>descended into one like Twilight Sparkle
WHY CAN'T STUPID DIE?
>>
File: 1425562047745.gif (941 KB, 398x223) Image search: [Google]
1425562047745.gif
941 KB, 398x223
>>26890088
>mentally incapable of handling more than one conversation at a time
>in text form
>>
>>26890088
t. anon from earth 69, the faggot parallel universe where this actually happened
>>
>>26886997
>shill
You don't know what that means.
>>
>>26886811
Beyond their understanding when it happened between an alicorn and a non-alicorn, perhaps?
>>
>>26886703
>>
>>26888776
Don't be surprised if we start to have some Undertale reference in the show.
Don't be fucking surprised, I dare you.
>>
>>26888799
Are you fucking serious?
Holy shit, how new are you?
>>
Honest to Allah lads. Do the staff really give a fuck about establishing lore and canon? In the prophet's name, peace be upon him, the MLP world is a hodgepodge of generic fantasy and modern technology and the writing is even more inconstantant at times.
>>
>>26886703

Bump for more rage
>>
>>26888886
>>26888898
Wouldn't be the first animation oversight.
>>
>>26888888
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.