[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Catching up with season 5 >Get to episode 18 >CMC get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14
File: Absolutly disgusting.png (724 KB, 1019x1014) Image search: [Google]
Absolutly disgusting.png
724 KB, 1019x1014
>Catching up with season 5
>Get to episode 18
>CMC get there marks
>In a pretty much full musical episode
>When they had a really good set-up for a plot about diamond tiara and why she is such a bitch
>Could of dwelled into issues about family problems

Everything about this episode felt all over the fucking place, what a crock of shit.

I mean this should of been a really big episode hell could of been a 2 parter, I always imagined that the CMC finally getting there marks would of made an impact on me but goddamn it felt so fucking rushed with the whole diamond tiara thing. How the hell did the CMC realize there talents were helping others get there marks when they didn't actually help any other pony in the episode get there marks at all? am I missing some DEEP STORY shit here or what?

I don't like this episode, not one bit.
Does it at least go anywhere with this in the next episodes or what?

What are other peoples thoughts on this episode?
>>
>>26848181
>What are other peoples thoughts on this episode?
10/10.
>>
>>26848181
They dident help much with tiara the small amount they did with tiara simply made them think back to what they did with troubleshoes
They probably should have just had them get it direct from helping troubleshoes but this works to.

There's not much to go into in the family issues spoilt rich is a massive fucking arsehole and nobody knows what the fuck filthy sees in her.
>>
>>26848181
great episode honestly, it just fell victim to two things
Overuse of music
Only 30 minutes and not an hour to work with
>>
File: -mlp- episode ranking 5.png (426 KB, 2414x2939) Image search: [Google]
-mlp- episode ranking 5.png
426 KB, 2414x2939
>>26848181
Even with a strong S1 bias, the last survey I did here on episode rankings had it way up in 10th.
>>
>>26848230
the fucking nostalgiafag flood is real. would explain why theres been so many damn "ohai guys i just got back and didnt watch anything after s3 whatd i miss" threads.
>>
File: -mlp- episode ranking 4.png (381 KB, 1863x2375) Image search: [Google]
-mlp- episode ranking 4.png
381 KB, 1863x2375
>>26848248
Compared to last time I did a survey the difference is pretty real.
>>
>>26848181
The CMC are side characters, and do not deserve a two parter. The moment when they help Diamond Tiara recognize the true meaning of her talent is a very key point, as they essentially reformed their villain. This is why they got the marks. I don't like that choice personally, as I think that they should continue on with their own personal pursuits instead of staying the crusaders, but holy hell was it fun to watch all the fanfic writers cry collective tears when it didn't match their headcanons.
I've always enjoyed the music in the show, even the songs from MMC.
The family issues thing didn't really have much to work with minus what they showed (Diamond Tiara being a bitch because her mother was a bitch who expected her to be a bitch).
DT's mother was a huge caricature made to drive a plot forward, which is lame.

Overall I would say that the execution was fine, but the destination was something that I did not like. However, it isn't a deal breaker.

I'm bad with raw number scores, so just look at my opinions.
>>
>it wasn't about Pip going mad with power an establishing Outer Hayven
>no war scenes interrupted by the class bell and a background filly screaming "SCATTER!" while everyone rushes to class
>Pip didn't rub chalk dust on his face before going into a coughing fit and Rumble argues with him about needing to pretend to cremate their classmates after a battle

It was never gonna happen but dammit I had hope anyway.
>>
>>26848267
>Overall I would say that the execution was fine, but the destination was something that I did not like. However, it isn't a deal breaker.
I think that about sums up what most people think.
>>
File: large.png (330 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
large.png
330 KB, 500x714
>>26848181
Sometimes 22 minutes isn't enough for redemption.
>>
>>26848181
>helping others get there marks
They never said that. It's not their talent, either. Helping others' find and accept their purpose is their purpose. A cutie mark doesn't have to be "the thing they're good at". I seriously don't understand how any of this can be confusing to anyone. Just pay attention to the damn cartoon. It's made so little girls should be able to understand it..

Diamond Tiara's problem was given exactly as much attention as it needed, by the way. I think it was a fantastic episode aside from the Silver Spoon shit.
>>
>>26848307
>A cutie mark doesn't have to be "the thing they're good at"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69U-nQvw1A
>>
>>26848299
I auctualy think the rapid speed of the redemption worked well it was clear that tiara was sick of her mother's shit she just needed that little push to make her stand up to her.
>>
>>26848267
>The CMC are side characters, and do not deserve a two parter.
Seriously? All three of them have gotten more development than half of the mane 6. They're definitely more important than Spike, at that. I'm not angry that this wasn't a two-parter, but to call them unimportant side characters is just wrong.
>>
>>26848327
They could've at least hinted about it, or had a prior episode to smoothen her redemption.
>>
>>26848181
>>Could of dwelled into issues about family problems
First of all, it's "could have". Second, you're thinking of "delved".

I'm sorry, OP, but you've lost all credit in your complaints.
>>
>>26848299
They should have pulled a Pacifica episode, show Tiara's point of view, or at least introduce her mother at the beginning so her redemption could have some kind of build up, that ending was seriously Munchkin Mouse tier
>>
File: 1453009968401.png (48 KB, 201x211) Image search: [Google]
1453009968401.png
48 KB, 201x211
>>26848307
>Diamond Tiara's problem was given exactly as much attention as it needed
>>
>>26848375
She's never been important. Think about how stupid it would be to spend most of the episode where the CMC get their marks on going into detail on the family drama of a character that only existed to give them trouble, who the writers never cared about or gave any depth to past that. You're lucky you got this much.
>>
Hola, mi amigos! Today we're going to discuss why Diamond Tiara is a huge bitch. Follow me!

As you can see, she is very mean, and that's no muy bien. Why is she mean? Can you spot the reason?
>>
File: 68256852.png (120 KB, 309x326) Image search: [Google]
68256852.png
120 KB, 309x326
>>26848410
Very good! She's a huge bitch because her mother is a huge bitch! Muy bien!

Do you think she's always been a bitch? If she has, it would explain why Diamond Tiara is always so mean to her friends.
>>
>>26848407
It is important in this episode because her actions actually have impact instead of just being there as the generic bully antagonist that must be proved wrong, her redemption was what triggered the CM so giving her screen time was necessary, Silver Spoon isn't an important character either but her relationship with Tiara was still addressed since it was relevant to the plot, to be honest that ending with her mother being the reason why she acted the way she acted would have worked a lot better if she was properly introduced first like her father, that ending was like "Oh, all because of this one character that you never heard of", hell she was even mentioned back on One Bad Apple which implies she was already around long before the crusaders episode
>>
File: 682568625.jpg (10 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
682568625.jpg
10 KB, 225x224
>>26848420
Let's ask Diamond Tiara if she wants to be a bitch like her mother! Vamonos!

Today we learned that sometimes children mimic the behavior of their parents, and that it's not something they choose to do, but rather something they think they're supposed to do.

If you take the time to explain to them why they're being mean, maybe they'll see how it hurts others as well as themselves. No one wants to be a great big bitch like Diamond Tiara's mom, do they mi amigos?

Goodbye!
>>
>>26848181
>I think every episode that deals with things like background characters and isn't a premier or finale should be a two parter.
Should they just make every episode a movie?
>>
>>26848463
Nah, they should simply not wait for the next season to follow up on side character episodes.
>>
>>26848181
I think a big part of my enjoyment of it was the hype when it aired and everyone losing their god damned minds over it.The songs didn't suck and the CMC got marks that sparked tons of discussion and art. It was great.

After the energy wore off I'd still give it a solid 8/10, though I gave it 10/10 first time. It is a little rushed, but I still enjoy the hell out of it.
>>
>>26848420
I don't think she was always a bitch or filthy would never have married her.

Either that or filthy used to be just as horrible as her.
>>
>>26848662
Or she fits his kink and he likes really cunty mares.
>>
>>26848689
Her cutie mark is a diamond ring, so it was probably a marriage for economic advantage or arranged. Her talent was literally to get married to a rich guy
>>
>>26848743
Last discusion on this topic
https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/26693677
>>
File: latest[1].png (813 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
813 KB, 1280x720
>>26848743
Her talent is to be a wedding arranger.
>>
>>26848815
Well shit.
Now I just think she's a horrible character where before I just thought she was a horrible person.

A wedding planer can't be that much of an arsehole
>>
>>26848815
huh, good catch. So she deals with needy brides all the time, probably made her cynical over the years. Just think how Rarity dealt with not-Cadance's bitchiness in Canterlot Wedding. Sounded like demandy brides was common
>>
>>26848836
On the other hand this anon may have a point
>>26848847
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 374x250
>>26848230
>Spike at your Service is at the bottom
>>
>>26848915
>MMDW blasted so many asses.
>>
>>26848248
2bh I think people comming back is good for the board.
>>
>>26849022
its not m8, people who don't have passion for a hobby and (sometimes) are only there for something else other than the hobby are never good to have around, some people here grew too attached to this board and they refuse to leave even after clearly losing interest on the show, others don't even watch the show anymore and infest show discussion threads with their dumb, uneducated opinions, those people only push this board further into a general fest and they provide with nothing, also the last fucking thing we need on this board is more butthurt "oldfags" making shitty threads bitching about how the show went to shit after season X and anyone who disagrees with them is a furry EQG loving twilicorn shit eater meme meme meme cuck something something faggot, you get the idea
>>
File: s05ep18 vote.png (1 MB, 1032x1046) Image search: [Google]
s05ep18 vote.png
1 MB, 1032x1046
>>
>>26849047
>post episode polls
those are really fucking useless, it always either 10, 8 or 1, its always good to wait at least a week until the hype is dead so people can make a fair judgment
>>
File: baito.png (82 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
baito.png
82 KB, 594x595
>>26849063
>>
>>26849068
Lurk more
>>
>>26849068
It's not really bait. It's usually better off describing the polls as 'first impression' feedback.
>>
>>26848181
>am I missing some DEEP STORY shit here or what?
No. The episode was shit. The CMC used to be my some of my favorite characters, and now I don't even know how I'll be able to look at them anymore with those ugly, overdesigned tramp stamps.
>>
>>26848181
>they didn't help any other pony get their marks
They helped Babs Seed with her personal issues which probably indirectly led to her getting her CM.
>>
Crusaders of the lost mark remains one of my all top favorite pony episodes, it's really an ep I'd watch with people who never seen the series before.
>>
>>26849485
>it's really an ep I'd watch with people who never seen the series before.
Would kind of suck for them to see it first if they had any chance of getting into the series and saw it before they knew how major it was for the CMC.
>>
>>26849485
it kinda of ruins the episode if you do this, there is 5 years of build up leading to that moment, same reason why marathoning the show will never beat the feeling of watching it weekly
>>
File: Mulp Poll Rainbow Rocks.png (1 MB, 1044x1116) Image search: [Google]
Mulp Poll Rainbow Rocks.png
1 MB, 1044x1116
>>26849063
>>
File: Mulp Poll Friendship Games.png (1 MB, 1044x1081) Image search: [Google]
Mulp Poll Friendship Games.png
1 MB, 1044x1081
>>26850294
or perhaps sometimes theres actually an episode worthy of a 9 or 10, but you still get people calling it shit because theyre pessimistic fuckbags.
>>
>>26848230
This is some kind of bullshit, why "Just for Sidekicks", "Baby Cakes" and "It ain't easy being Breezies" are so low I have no idea. The same with some old CMC episodes like "Cutie Pox", they were great.
>>
>>26850294
>>26850301
Both movies are mediocre as fuck, they just look great by comparassion but when you put them next to well written FiM episodes you can notice the difference
>>
>>26850305
>Just for Sidekicks
barely remember that ep, give you that
>Baby Cakes
Just fuck my lore up combined with shitty jokes
>It ain't easy being Breezies
Breezies are cunts, rest of the episode is boring
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.