[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever tried to show a friend My Little Pony? What was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1413764950311.jpg (18 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
1413764950311.jpg
18 KB, 385x383
Have you ever tried to show a friend My Little Pony? What was their overall reaction?
>>
>>26821262
Bump for some autism.
>>
File: Who put you on this planet, ugh.png (304 KB, 743x626) Image search: [Google]
Who put you on this planet, ugh.png
304 KB, 743x626
I tried to get my brother to watch it. Did not care for it, despite himself constantly trying to get me to watch his shitty animes.
Well fine, fuck you then asshole. If you're so open to express zero interest in my little girl cartoons I have zero interest in your chinese cartoons.
>>
>>26821262
Yeah, my brother. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with any of it. Then I told him about some of the fan created works, and we binge watched the entire Mentally Advanced series. He laughed his ass off the entire time. So he no longer has an antipathy toward the show. He won't watch it, but agrees it's a great template for deriving hilarious fan created works. So to at least some degree he understands the appeal.
>>
>>26821320
This is pretty much my experience with trying to show anyone.
>>
>>26821262
Got my friend into it by making them watch Boast Busters. Twiggy and Rarara are their favs.
>>
>>26821262
>dooming someone else to this autism
For what purpose, reddit.
>>
>implying i have any friends to show my interests
>>
>>26821610
I expected this answer a lot sooner.
>>
>>26821262
I got my sister to watch it. She is a bit too old for the target demographic, so she doesn't really like it, but we like the fandom. Especially MAS.
>inb4 fan of the fandom

>>26821340
based Greg bringing families together.
>>
>>26821262
I'm the victim of this act.
>>
>>26821677
me too. I would give anything to go back in time and stop my fagot friends from forcing me onto this ride.
>>
Yes.
The friend I showed is also into Undertale and other even more autism things, as well as him saying that he has actual autism whenever I joke with him about it. Also he acts just like a total autistic sperg all the time.

Luckily, this means that despite me liking pone I'm not the most autistic person in my group of friends, (In fact, maybe the least) so, that's a plus.
>>
>>26821672
>based Greg
Yeah, I have to admit I've rewatched episodes of MAS far more often than any episodes of the show itself. I enjoy it more than the show because it lines up really close to my own sense of humor. But I still love the show, of course.

I knew my bro would not like mlp on principle - he's one of those big guys with Elvis haircuts whose main interests are football, muscle cars, early rock and roll and BBQ. There was no way he was going to sit down and watch the show unless he had a daughter watching it, and he doesn't have a daughter. But a mean spirited sarcastic take on it where all the pretty ponies say horrible things to each other? I knew he'd be all over that. He still does the Pinkie voice with the poison lobsters bit to this day.

Just shows there's something for everyone in this fandom.
>>
File: IMG-20151214-WA0000.jpg (343 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151214-WA0000.jpg
343 KB, 1200x1600
I had a friend from Taiwan who was always making fun of me for watching it. When I finally convinced him to watch it, he actually liked it. He told me he had been secretly fapping to ponies since he found out about it. His favourite was Pinkie. But he wanted to stop, so he stopped watching the show too.
Another friend from Germany really got into it after seeing it, but I moved away and we dont have much contact. We're meeting up at the Galacon later this year though.
My cousin wanted to know why I had pony avatars, so he watched it too, but he didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>26821262
My friend was helping me with homework, and I asked if she wanted to watch some mlp (she had known I had liked it for a while) and she said sure. We ended up browsing my sfw pony folder instead and never watched any together.

3 years later, she's turned into those super liberal womyn feminist type and we never talk again.
>>
>>26821262
No
>>
>>26821262
No cuz I'm not an autistic faget. Just a regular faget.
>>
I kept my power level hidden from my wife for the first few months I watched the show. Finally I told her I'd gotten into it and wanted her to watch with me. She thought I was weird as fuck, but understood when I told her it was a 4chan thing. She watches the show with me, and identifies with Twi and Ponka. But she's not really into it. She's just humoring me the same way I humor her and watch Grey's Anatomy. I'm cool with that.
>>
>>26821262
>Friends invite me to go to the mall after work.
>One of my friends is a true alpha fuck, while the other is in complete beta.
>Hungry as fucking hell so why the fuck not.
>Not very outgoing, so I just focus on getting grub
>Decided to go to hot topic before eating.
>See a bunch of emo animu crap out front.
>Go to the back ass end of the shop to see if there's anything good.
>Friends follow up.
>See a bunch of shirts and beanies until I noticed something.
>My little pony FiM Mech and books
>Keep my power level hidden
>"hey what's that"
>My Alpha friend decides to check the merch out
>"Is that my little pony stuff? Asked beta friend
>"Yeah, do you guys watch the show?" Asked Alpha
>"I don't but Anon is"
>Beta friend reveals my power level
>"Seriously, your a brony?
"Yeah..."
>Alpha friend extends his hands and shakes mine out of respect
>"Bronies represent" he goes
>Turns out he likes the show.
>his favorite pony is Rainbow Dash
>>
>>26822185
alpha friend has good taste in ponies
>>
>>26821881
>Just shows there's something for everyone in this fandom.
It really is insane.

>>26822129
sounds pretty comfy anon. Have a daughter and introduce her to the show.
>>
>>26821262
My mom found out I watched the show.

She records the episodes and we watch them together.

She is convinced that Rainbow Dash is a lesbian.
>>
>>26821262
he said it wasn't bad and he could see why people liked it, but he still wasn't very interested. basically the same reaction I had for years until I played banned from equestria.
>>
>>26822240
:)))))
>>
>>26822240
show your mom the crusty cunt flakes and momma pinkie greens
>>
>>26821568
>Le ebin reddit maymay xD
>>
>>26821262
most I've ever done was casually suggest it in conversation; said it's pretty good for a kids' show and that they should check it out if they want to. I didn't make a big deal out of it. he ended up watching it on his own, eventually, and said he liked it.
>>
>>26822185
>his favorite pony is Rainbow Dash
Listen carefully, Anon, you need to kill your friend.
>>
>>26821262
>My best friend.
He's not a fan of it, but he respects the amount of effort put into the show.

>Other friends
...Yeah, I don't really have any.
>>
>>26822240
>She is convinced that Rainbow Dash is a lesbian
My buddy's college age daughter is one of the few people I know in real life who watches the show. She's a lesbian, and she, too, is convinced RD is as well. But we agree she's also best pone
>>
>>26822767
>having shit taste
>>
My brother joined me in 2012 but has since then moved on to pokemon, PC gaming ,and other types of autism.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.