[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what if equestria actually wasn't a political super power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
what if equestria actually wasn't a political super power in the show? are there other countries? are they more powerful than equestria?

discuss
>>
>>26814712
The thought you put into typing out these letters into your keyboard is more than they put into constructing a coherent world.
Don't worry about it, go with the flow of ever changing lore.
>>
>>26814712
Yes.
>>
>>26814712
Yakyakistan
>>
>>26814752
yakyakistan in the poni equivalent of north korea
>>
>>26814712
Yakyakistan, Griffonstone, possibly Saddle Arabia.
Do you pay attention at all?
>>
>>26814793
Griffonstone is a part of Equestria.
>>
>>26814800
How?
>>
Equestria's princesses control the movement of the sun. They could literally starve the world to death if they felt like it.
>>
>>26814819
Probably in the same way that the Crystal "Empire" is part of Equestria.
>>
>>26814870
Griffonstone's not even on Equestria.
>>
>>26814881
It got to participate in the Equestria Games, which is definetly Equestrians-only.
>>
>>26814902
Why do you say that?
>>
>>26814712

>are they more powerful than equestria?

That entire planet is Equestria.

And if any other nation has ideas above their stations, there's Celestia. And Luna. And Cadence. And Twilight Sparkle. And the rest of the Mane 6 with the Elements of Harmony: FORCED peace. Or else.

...just ask King Sombra. Oh wait...!
>>
>>26814944
Because we know there is at least one griffin city, from Princess Spike, and we know that Griffinstone was the team at the games. 2 and 2 makes 4.
>>
>>26814962
I suppose, but I'm implyting like, "superpower" Like a USA sort of deal or USSR deal, with a HUGE technological military complex, of sorts

>MFW this sounds like something you'd see in a green
>>
>>26814962
>thinking this is a good thing
Please begin drinking the bleach. You'll be in your despotic utopia in a few hours.
>>
File: tumblr_megxh8xX641r3xauuo1_1280.png (269 KB, 600x1215) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_megxh8xX641r3xauuo1_1280.png
269 KB, 600x1215
>>26814793

Saddle Arabia has extremely good relations with Canterlot:
>>
>>26814712
Equestria looks really tiny.
>>
>>26815205
Most of the "cities" barely have enough buildings to house a thousand ponies. Of course it's small.
>>
>>26814712
well, against the Crystal Empire they:
>started a coup
>commited regicide
>installed two puppet rulers, one who is literally the captain of Equestria's only (known) police/military force
>bread and circus'd the entire population to distract them from their former ruler
>bread and circus'd them a second time with the Equestria Games
Celestia is a pretty clever political leader, but she seems to have receded completely, probably to let Twi be the hero and hold the fame while she does some other shit. They're pretty much the foremost power it seems.
>>
>>26815238
According to the Journal of the Two Sisters, the Crystal Empire has never really been anything but a fief of Equestria whose rulers despite having de jure sovereignty, are de facto dependent on the princesses of Equestria.
>>
>>26815281
>crystal empire
>kingdom of equestria
I really despise hasbro, fair enough I suppose. Can't really argue that and I doubt the "Crystal Province" will catch on
>>
>>26815238
>>26815281
Let's not pretend like the writer's know how to handle politics. They don't. Going deeper than the show is headcanon at best.
>>
>>26815308
>tfw there will never be Vicky 2/CK2 style gsg with pone
It's all I ever want
>>
>>26814870
The princesses are both very big on giving autonomy to the empires that existed before there rule they are themselves more as protectors then leaders.
>>
>>26815394
*they see themselves more as protecters
>>
>>26815299
The princesses were very careful not to step on anyone's toes when they came to power they would not have wanted to risk demanding a name change.
>>
>>26815443
Please stop using headcanon to make up for the writer's failures.
>>
>>26815455
The name change thing is headcannon but it's made quite clear in the journal of the 2 sisters that they are protected not rulers.
>>
File: 1456536325596.gif (24 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456536325596.gif
24 KB, 1280x1024
>>26814841
This is a myth Anonymous! Gravitation makes the moon orbit the planet, alicorns have insignificant powers!
The natural satellite and its is the property of the Republic of resources also are the property of the Republic of Industria.
>>
File: BiggusDickus.jpg (33 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
BiggusDickus.jpg
33 KB, 800x435
>>26814841

>Equestria's princesses control the movement of the sun

>>26815559

>This is a myth

Biggus Dickus: 'And Thining Armour ith a mythter . Your point?'
>>
>>26814712
I love this kind of theory, honestly. The idea of other races' nations being out there and watching Equestria with a mix of wariness and incredulity at their magical shenanigans.

Unfortunately, I realize the odds of ever seeing anything serious like that is low. Then again, there's apparently a licensed P&P RPG now, so who knows.
>>
File: horse soldier.jpg (94 KB, 596x1339) Image search: [Google]
horse soldier.jpg
94 KB, 596x1339
They wouldn't have a defense force for nothing. Also, there was a war between Equestria and the Chrystal Empire in one of the alternate futures, showing that not all the intelligent species within the MLP universe are on friendly terms.
>still holding out for humans waiting in the wings
>>
Guardians of Harmony will hopefully expand on this. Hopefully in a way that isn't drenched in leftist autism.
>>
>>26814962
I still don't think the planet is called Equestria, because why would they be called 'earth' ponies? Now, they may be very ethnocentric, and yes I'm well aware that Celestia described it as the world of Equestria, but fuck that bitch, she's so goddamn useless. And don't give me that sun bullshit, a dozen unicorns did it before her, and she can't even handle magic jizz.

Or are magical cicada
>>
>>26817080
Honestly, I'm more concerned by how they've been treating other races in the show lately.
>Changelings are designated villain race
>Griffons are inexplicably struck by the dumb over one attack
>Breezies would literally be extinct if not for ponies covering for them
>Yaks are hyperaggressive assholes

I'd like to see a functioning civilization built by someone other than ponies for once. Right now pony ubermensch is strong.
>>
>>26817080
How would a series all about violence and war be like that?

>>26817222
Wouldn't it just be fucking weird if the dragons are the only one with an actual functional non-pony culture?
>>
>>26817222
If only there was race of magic golem/construct.
That would be neato.
>>
>>26817275
Plot twist: Ponies are the magic golem/construct race - created to harness the poorly-understood 'magic', given immortal rulers capable of harnessing all aspects of their subordinates' magic, and tasked with terraforming a new planet.

The Creators are coming back.
>>
>>26817245
>Wouldn't it just be fucking weird if the dragons are the only one with an actual functional non-pony culture?
It would be terrible civilised dragons are 1/4 of what made dragon town so horrible.

Which is why I'm so worried about the dragonlands episode
>>
>>26817793
Not a civilization like "live in a Dragontown style city" but one in that they actually have functional organizations, meet to discuss things, and organize raids and such. It's more than most species in Equestria have.
>>
>>26817851
Ah yeah I'm OK with that to an extent I guess.
>>
>>26817882
You know what they don't have? Friendship.
>>
>>26817882
And it is probably what it will be we will just have to wait and see if they overdo it.

Of course each person will have a difrent idea of what counts as overdoing it.

I think my limit will be aproximintly some sort of court and 2 meetings a year
>>
>>26817947
Or some sort of challenge for the title of "Dragon Lord" I guess.
>>
>>26817976
Oh yes that to.

I kind of hope that dragon Lord turns out to just be the equivalent of a sporting title

Then each year spike can go and defend his title sometimes he will win sometimes he will lose but it will always be fun.
>>
>>26818032
I think it's more important than that, I think it might give them real power.
>>
>>26818201
Maybe the ability to change size so he can be a big fighter without having to go greedy.
>>
>>26818216
I think he has that inherently. I think the title gives him some sort of authority over dragonkind. The Gauntlet is probably a series of tests to see who is the most fit.

It's probably going to be a The Tortoise and the Hare, with maybe a mix of Excalibur. Like, none of the other dragons who are fighting for it see him as anything and slack so Spike wins easily, or his different approach to life causes him to do something dragons struggle with almost immediately.

Some sort of equivalent to pulling a sword from a stone, though I could see that happening literally too.
>>
>>26814962
>"then we called this planet...Earth!"
>the entire planet is equestria

ok
>>
>>26818242
>I think the title gives him some sort of authority over dragonkind
It probably will be that I just hope its not.
>>
>>26818264
Why? Even given his size, he is worthy of that because of his knowledge of friendship. Not saying a total ruler, but obviously Dragon Lord and respected for it.
>>
>>26818302
Partialy because I'm not sure I want the dragons to have a leader at all and partially because I prefer spike as a hero Kings ain't got time to save damsels.
>>
>>26818362
He's not going to be a king for a long time. He'll be Dragon Lord Spike, and probably make it so dragons aren't wasting their time fighting each other or ponies.
>>
>>26818387
An interesting twist would be if dragon Lord just meant being in charge of migration.
>>
>>26818419
They never really explained anything about that damn migration, so maybe.
>>
>>26815000
better than this shithole
>>
>>26814712
Twilight's castle will be destroyed in the S6 finale.
>>
File: vqqxat.jpg (167 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
vqqxat.jpg
167 KB, 500x500
>>26814712
Saddle Arabia may or not be its own independent nation. Celestia met with them for one episode, and in another, they are seen observing the Equestrian games. There's clearly some sort of political relationship.

The Crystal 'Empire' strikes me as the Holy Roman Empire. As in, it's not an empire. It's possible that, perhaps, it was a true empire a thousand years ago. Any vassals or global influence it had would have slipped away in its absence, though, so they probably just cling on to the name out of pride's sake. At this point, I firmly believe, with Cadance and Shining Armor in charge, they're just a vassal state of Equestria.

Griffonstone is a once-proud kingdom that, again, strikes me as a vassal state of equestrian. Possibly a newly acquired one, as the griffons are exceptionally proud (or, at least, were) and Griffon teams are present for the Equestrian games. Also, if I recall, they are there for that episode where all the cities of Equestria are pitching in to make that statue.

Yakyakistan is a backwards realm that lives in a time-warp, isolated from the rest of the world further north than the Crystal Empire. As of right now, we have no reason to believe that they have been brought into the fold.

Does Celestia and Luna have ambitions for the peaceful unification of the world? Is the Crystal Empire and its crystal fair a potentially powerful tool for this? Could it, perhaps, be related to their control of the sun, and wanting to open lines of communication all around the world to ensure that the day to night cycle is properly reflected all across the land? Or, perhaps, is it a stepping stone to a greater scheme to revive the hinted-at lost city of Alicorns through the power of global unity?

The show needs more world-building. Quality world-building, not fandom schlock where changelings have their own nations that are super industrious and where they don't actually need love. Or where the griffons are some sort of expansionist military power.
>>
>>26820171
Agreed on Saddle Arabia, there is some cooperation but they're independent.
Crystal Empire was maybe an empire a thousand years ago but right now it's just a small city of endangered pony species powered by an ancient artifact. We've never heard or seen anything beyond the settlement around the castle.
Griffonstone is just one of I'd imagine many griffon cities, but there probably isn't any government uniting them. Makes me think of ancient Greece and their city states.
Yaks are just a Mongolian horde.
Also there are Zebras somewhere living in tribes. We have Zecora but I'm not sure if there's any lore behind her land of origin.

If the world is big enough it brings up the question if there's someone out there not knowing about Equestria and just accepting the sun and moon movements as an act of God. It's kinda hard trying to negotiate with Celestia because you can't really get any leverage on someone wielding magic that's controlling the Sun. That puts her in a really advantageous position.
>>
>>26820287
Control over the sun and moon might be somewhat difficult of an advantage to level on someone who disagrees with you, however. Working under the assumption that Celestia is a wise, motherly ruler, what's she going to do? Black out an entire hemisphere of the (presumably round, I don't recall) globe? Is she going to subject so many people/ponies/birdies/buzzies/whatever to her wrath just because she has a fight with one person, or any handful of people?

Undoubtedly, Luna and Celestia control a terrible power. Such potential is there, though, that using it might cause untold horrors and collateral damage far beyond the scope of any argument they may have.
>>
>>26820504
Yeah unless the Royal Sisters go full Nightmare Moon tyranny style of reign, it's unlikely that she would do that. But the threat and the power is still there, are you gonna mess with someone on the assumption that she wouldn't use her ultimate power when it comes to the worst?
The conflict for this coming into play would have to be huge, sure, like an all-out war between two states, not just an individual villain.
But if something like, let's say, the Changeling Kingdom is a large enough territory, with your backs to the wall you'll do anything. There are still various magical McGuffins working as fail-safes before that anyway, Equestria can defend itself in many ways before it would come to this.

Not really an accurate analogy but one that comes to my mind anyway is nuclear weapons. Plenty of innocents would die and it serves only as a last defense, but you're not gonna poke the nuke-armed bee hive when you don't have anything to threaten them back with.
>>
>>26820600
The issue I take with the nuclear analogy is that we can safely assume, I think, that ponies as a whole are not as violent as human beings. While we have seen things like martial traditions and learned fighting techniques in the show, clearly the people of that world just aren't interested in violence as a go-to solution for everything.
>>
>>26820656
Yeah, pones are a utopian peaceful society. Only in the How Equestria was made episode we got a mention of Pegasi being Prussians, with strong military traditions, but that's literally before Equestria even existed.
They could still introduce a new war mongering nation, although Hasbro would most likely not allow that. The stomping Yaks was as close as we will ever get, I think. And even if the Yaks went to war, they're basically larger buffalos. Ponies pacified buffalos with apple pies.
And as I said, there are plenty of things to fight the enemy with before it would come to Sun manipulation. Standard battles, alicorn magic, friendship/EoH magic, probably something else I'm forgetting.
Ponies being the goody two horseshoes they are, they of course won't take this potential to establish total world domination, instead it seems they go the isolationist way. Trade is good, but your problems are yours only, unless a friendship pony can fix it.
Basically Equestria is overpowered as fuck Hasbro pls nerf
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.