[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Little Progress : Technology Isn't Magic - Thread 19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109
TS: I can't really believe your story Anon, buildings with over a 100 levels? Flying boats bigger than Ponyville? And yet there's no magic in your world? Please.
>Growing tired of Twilight's berating, you go out into the world to prove her wrong.

That's the prompt that started it all. So what is thread about? It's about Anon bring human science and inventions to Equestria and a disbelieving Twilight.

Thread Story List.
http://pastebin.com/XKLNjAAx
previous thread: >>26660081
>>
First for /balk/
>>
Second for Factorio Anon
>>
>>26782194
Would short lore and headcanon descriptions be welcome here?
Some technology which is a mismatch of pseudo science and my creative thinking?
>>
>>26782285
That seems alright to me, but I don't speak for everyone.
>>
>>26782310
I'd love to see more opinions.
>>
>>26782563
If it has glorious industry, it is good
>>
>>26782589
As to understand, we're talking small short reports and explanations for some tech and vehicles, as a seeding ground for future projects, that'll be more expanded.
>>
File: civil war 2.jpg (15 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
civil war 2.jpg
15 KB, 480x480
>>26782194
Pony Stark suit?
>>
>>26782285
Go ahead.
>>
>>26782975
Okay. I'll try try to necromance some ideas and give the first one on Sunday. Maybe even tomorrow?
I have an idea to start explaining the basics and subtle underlines of magic and tech, whilst introducing some machines armour vehicles or weapons. I'd be more than happy if this would seve as writerfaggotry inspiration, or complete source material. I'll be very happy with you people using it.
>>
>>26782249
Please!!!
>>
File: pony_doom.jpg (107 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
pony_doom.jpg
107 KB, 774x1032
"All according to plan."
>>
>>26782767
something like this?
>>
>>26782285
Mechanical Suits and etc.?
Like... The Matrix background story, with some robots and shit.
Mixed with some Deus Ex.
I think I'll go kill myself.
>>
File: andromedon.jpg (82 KB, 878x494) Image search: [Google]
andromedon.jpg
82 KB, 878x494
How would ponies react to an Andromedon?

XCOM/MLP crossover?
>>
File: 1456232136803.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456232136803.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
>>26783454
they would send in the best to cuddle him to oblivion.
>>
File: homer.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>26783599
>5 laser weapons + 1 ballistic
>>
File: 1453614426774.png (545 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
1453614426774.png
545 KB, 512x768
>>26783599
>New Xcom
Enemy unknown was questionable,but second is just shit.
>>
>>26783454
>XCOM / MLP crossover?
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/100455/stardust
I think its pretty good.
>>
Originally, my idea was a oneshot. Then you wanted more. So I guess I'm a writefag now. Gimme a few hours so I can get off work.
>>
File: 753.jpg (61 KB, 680x620) Image search: [Google]
753.jpg
61 KB, 680x620
>>26783599
>>
>>26783684
And original?
>>
>>26783926
7.5/|10
>>
File: Construction_Site_S2E08.png (946 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Construction_Site_S2E08.png
946 KB, 1280x720
>>26783411
I think he just means how he thinks ponies combine magic and technology to do stuff we do without magic. Something along the lines of what powers their cranes,
>>
File: large.png (506 KB, 1045x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
506 KB, 1045x1024
This is Rise of Nova Rohan 2.0, (I'll probably change the name of the town as well)
It's mostly a rework for the flaws the previous one had, (Anon, Twilight, Moondancer, Mythic Crown, etc.) and no more fucking politics. Enjoy.

>”Anon, I don't want to be the kind of pony who turns a blind eye towards suffering, but I can't really believe your story. Buildings with over a 100 levels? Flying boats bigger than Ponyville? And yet there's no magic in your world? Please…”
"But it's true Twilight, humans don't have any magic whatsoever and yet we achieved plenty of technological advances in a short span of time," you reply to the incredulous mare.
>She giggles at your claim, thinking that you're probably lying.
>"Sure Anon...Tell me one thing though, how are those heavy 'boats' capable of flying if they don't have a balloon attached on them?"
"I already told you, they don't need them...and they're called planes. They are able to fly because of their shape. They have motors, turbines, wheels-"
>Twilight has a hard time trying to contain her laughter.
"What's so funny?"
>"Oh Anon, I'm so sorry. It's just...the thing you're describing is impossible to build without magic, and even if it got built, it'd fall on the ground just because of how heavy it sounds!"
>You grab a book from her shelves and flick through the pages.
"This is nonsensical, you're telling me that Equestrian magic has been the only way you ponies have progressed through history?"
>She proudly nods.
>"All of our tools and technology have been cautiously studied and developed using magic and spells."
"...Then why are they so primitive?"
>"What do you mean?" She asks, feeling insulted.
>You reach for a lamp and open it.
>Lots of fireflies fly out of the glass container.
>"What are you doing?! I needed them to read a couple of books tonight!"
"See? What kind of technology is this? 16th Century's? It's not even made from kerosene!"
>"Kero-what now?"
>Your eyes go wide.
>>
File: short_fuse.png (112 KB, 595x190) Image search: [Google]
short_fuse.png
112 KB, 595x190
>>26785151
Dont you have the other story to finish?
>>
File: large.png (235 KB, 1106x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
235 KB, 1106x1024
>>26785151

"I'm sorry, but that's completetly irrational...no wonder why Ponyville is so damn small, how can you live like this?"
>"What do you mean? It's completely fine here...magic is a gift given to unicorns, they pretty much run everything here and everywhere else with the exception of weather! That's stuff for pegasi."
"You wouldn't need to live like this if you didn't rely so much on your magic!"
>Twilight scoffs.
>"You're just jealous you can't do a simple spell! Admit it Anon!"
"I'm not jealous Twi, in fact I'm proud my species have done much better than ponies without the need of a crutch called 'magic'," you say pronouncing the last word in a mocking way.
>"Anon...I think you need to leave," Twilight opens the door using her magic, before realizing what she just did.
>You give her a smug grin.
>"If you think you're better than us then you should probably make your own town with those flying boats and metal carriages you keep blabbing about!"
"Oh yeah? If you want me to show you how it's done then it's a deal! And I'll also build a network capable of sending messages without using a little dragon!"
>You walk out the room, and Twilight slams it as hard as she can.

>You're now Twilight Sparkle.
"Pfft...who does he think he is?"
>You totally hate it whenever Anon acts like a jerk towards you.
>How mean!
>But what if...he's actually telling the truth?
>It would be pretty interesting to see such things in Equestria.
>Or maybe he's just bluffing and just wants to mock your magicical abilities.
>He has talked for several months about inventions from his homeworld that actually seem rather useful.
>...
>All of a sudden you got a crazy idea!
>You'll pretend to be mad at Anon and you'll kick him out of the castle!
>It'll either make him want to become independant or humble him up.
>Whichever comes first it'll help him by becoming a better man.
>You'll assign him a task won't refuse.
>If he feels his species are better than ponies he'll have to prove it!
>>
File: postergacion.jpg (39 KB, 570x392) Image search: [Google]
postergacion.jpg
39 KB, 570x392
>>26785222
Now's not the time for that, that comes later.
>>
File: large.png (193 KB, 805x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
193 KB, 805x1024
>>26785257

>You’re Anon once again.
>You exit the ugly crystal castle and walk down the ugly crystal steps.
>"Anon!" Twilight calls from above.
>(Heh, she doesn't want you to leave...)
>You turn around and look upwards.
"Yes Tw-OH CRAP!"
>You quickly avoid a box full of stuff and clothes.
"What the-?"
>"If you feel like you can't keep this charade anymore just come back with a well written apology, otherwise don't come near my castle!"
"Y-you're kicking me out?"
>"Yup! Let's see what you can do without magic!"
"W-wait, I've got no money! Can't you-"
>"Figure out how to get out of this mess by using your brain Anon!" She mockingly says.
>Twilight quickly activates a spell around her castle.
>A large pink forcefield blows you away from her.
>"You better find a place where you can rest your head first, if you can't stop talking about how great your world's technology was maybe you should do your part and continue doing what your species did best!"
>Murder?
>Because you feel like strangling that purple cunt right now!
"You can't do this!"
>She just giggles.
>"You'll always be welcome in my castle AFTER you apologize, or when you do something remarkable like building one of those cars you keep babbling about," she says before closing the window she was talking from.
"TWILIGHT! YOU...YOU DOUBLE NI-"
>You hear some gasps, coming from the ponies walking by.
"Fucking hell..." you mutter to yourself as you try to calm down.
>You grab your box full of your belongings and hit the road.
>If that purple twat wants to see some of Earth's technology you'll give her what she wants.
>>
>>26785360

>Ponies superior than humans? Please.
>You grab your box and walk towards Sweet Apple Acres.
>Applejack, you know and befriended her very well.
>She knows a life without magic.
>In fact, she despises it.
>You'll ask her to take you in, and you'll be happy to improve her life without the need of magic.
>You recall they needed some extra strength to rebuild her barn once again because the last one burned down.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9QNnAj4LM0
>"I'm glad you came sugarcube! We sure need some help rebuilding our barn."
"I love to help Applejack. Where should I start?"
>"You can help Big Mac sawing and nailing those planks together, he'll teach you how you should do it."
"Cool, thanks Applejack!"
>Applejack notices the box full of your stuff.
>"Hold on a sec sugarcube, what's with the box?" She asks while raising an eyebrow.
"Oh this? Well...Twi and I had a fight over something stupid, she thinks I'm a liar because of all the stuff my species have achieved without magic."
>"Really? Like what?"
"You know...fuels that aren't steam or coal, cars and public transport that aren't made of wood, planes that soar the sky and allow people get to point A to B in a short time, stuff like that."
>Applejack pays attention to your words, but doesn't really understand what you are saying.
"In fact, I guess I went overboard telling her that even with magic, their technology wasn't near as good as ours, she got upset, and well...here I am."
>"Hmmm...seems a little bit drastic of her, but you're right Anon, this farm doesn't run on magic schmagic, no sir!"
"Great! I knew there was hard work behind your success Applejack. Also, Twilight dared me to build technology from my world. So I'll give her what she wants."
>>
File: aj.png (873 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aj.png
873 KB, 1280x720
>>26785406

>Applejack chuckles.
>"Thanks a lot sugarcube, show that snobby magic pony what you're made of!"
>Her cheerful spirit lifts yours.
>"But one question sugarcube, how are you going to do it?"
"I have no idea!"
>"...You don't?"
"Patience Applejack, Rome wasn't built in one day. I'll learn some techniques by helping around your farm; well, only if you allow me to do so."
>"Of course sugarcube! You're welcome ta’ stay in mah farm all the time you want!"
"Thanks Applejack, I'll be sure to make my time worth here, now if you excuse me I'll go help out Big Mac with those planks."
>Applejack giggles in a cute way.
>"Good luck Anon!"

>Five hours later.
>You're terribly exhausted.
>But you've finished building the walls of barn with the help of Big Mac.
"So Applejack, what do you think?"
>"It's amazin', simply amazin' sugarcube..."
>You've nailed all the planks together in a nice array, without empty spaces or broken planks.
>"This whole thing takes Big Mac and me two days to build without help, how were you able to nail all the planks together in a short amount of time sugarcube?"
>You look at your hands.
>"Oh, right...well, now it's time to lift the walls and nail them to the main structure."
>Big Mac sighs.
>>
File: o_ok.jpg (40 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
o_ok.jpg
40 KB, 375x305
>>26785267
>>
File: pulley.png (107 KB, 1270x563) Image search: [Google]
pulley.png
107 KB, 1270x563
>>26785417

>"I know Mac, lifting the walls is very tiresome but we have to get it done, after all thanks to Anon's help we're almost done!"
>"Eeeyup," Big Mac says as he grabs a very thick rope with his teeth and throws it over the structure, making sure one end of the rope is tied to the wall.
>"Why don't 'cha rest a bit Anon, we got this part covered." Applejack says with a wink.
"Thanks Applejack..."
>Applejack reaches for the rope with her teeth and helps Big Mac lift the first wall.
>"1...2...3!"
>They both start pulling the rope using their teeth.
>"C-come...on! Pull...HARDER!" Applejack babbles.
>You've heard of Horse Power before, but this is ridiculous.
>You notice some smoke coming from the thick rope.
>That's not good.
>Lots of friction on one point will lead to disaster, considering how old the rope looks.
"Uh...Mac, AJ? Let go! The rope will snap!"

>You run to them and quickly grab the rope so the three of you can place the wooden wall gently on the ground.
>When it's done, Applejack checks the rope while Big Mac gasps.
>"Whoa, you were right Anon. How did ya know such thing was going to happen?"
"Well, simply because the rope isn't going through a pulley, also it's pretty old AJ."
>"A pulley?"
"Yeah, a little wheel that makes things easier to lift. Don't you guys have one?"
>Applejack and Big Mac look at each other.
"Mmm, let me take look around," you say before noticing a rusty wheelbarrow, "Hey, that'll work!"
>You quickly run to the wheelbarrow and bring it in front of Applejack.
>"We'll need this wheel and we'll attach it to the ceiling, then we'll get a rope and place it-" you show the siblings how to make a pulley with the old rope "-like this and tie the other end to the wall."
>Applejack seems confused.
>"Uhh, and how exactly is this going to help?"
"Trust me on this one Applejack."
>>
File: pulley_35786_lg.gif (52 KB, 837x1024) Image search: [Google]
pulley_35786_lg.gif
52 KB, 837x1024
>>26785471

>Minutes later.
>The improvised pulley seems to work fine.
>That diameter should be good enough to help Big Mac and Applejack lift the wall.
>"Are you sure this will work sugarcube?"
>You nod.
"You'll thank me for this one Applejack."
>They start pulling the rope and the pulley lifts the wall.
>Applejack and Big Mac can't believe how easy lifting the wooden wall is now.
"See? Easy!"
>They finish lifting the first wall and you help them nail it to the structure.
>"Woowhee! That was darn impressive Anon! How did you know that?"
"That? My teacher taught me about pulleys, levers and many other things back when I was in middle school. Hell, I can't believe I actually applied that knowledge today."
>"You know sugarcube...maybe Twilight will be the one that will have to apologize."
>>
Here's the new paste: http://pastebin.com/T4sj5pTD
I'll continue later.
>>
>>26785519
So... a fresh start? I like your idea. Besides, Nova Rohan couldn't work well, and I went with it.
>>
>>26784494
>has a smoke stack on it
That means its either powered by steam, or possibly fossil fuels.
>>
>>26785519
Cool, we'll see how this goes.
>>
>>26785519
Nice to see you didn't completely give up on Nova Rohan. I personally liked it a lot, didn't have the same problems everyone else had with it.

Question for you: Last time your were introducing a subplot with Saddle Arabians, which never panned out before the shitstorm. Will you reintroduce it this time around?
>>
>>26785482
Did anon set the pully up correctly?

https://youtu.be/9T7tGosXM58
>>
>>26788153
Yes. You don't need anymore than 1 wheel, although it does make pulling easier
>>
File: 627.jpg (838 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
627.jpg
838 KB, 1440x900
How do you think things would play out if a big daddy showed up in equestria?
>>
>>26788153
In this case it was just to reduce friction. As shown in >>26785471 you can add more wheels to reduce the force required by increasing distance pulled.
>>
>>26785768
Or by magic since it's made of FUCKING WOOD.
>>
>>26789315
>wood body with metal steam engine inside of it
Wa-la.
That's seriously like saying, "this boat must run on magic because it has fiberglass on the outside".
>>
>>26783684
whats wrong with the new one.
>>
>>26785471
>>Implying ponies don't have pullies
if you pass this off as new to twilight this fic will instantly be shit tier.
>>
>>26783599
>not having twilight sparkle be a psionic
>>
>>26789876
>lasers and one ballistic
>having psi
>>
>>26777388
yes, twilight is a bitch, that makes casual murder totally justifiable. please stick your hate boner into an electric pencil sharpener. Twilight litterally wouldnt do the shit your premise made out to be, so getting angry over it is like being pissed at a character for being made to act out of character.
>>
dd
>>
File: Superman.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>26791366
SUPER BUMP
>>
>>26788483
Ha imagine the dig daddy latches onto the cmc
>>
>>26791731
We need this green
>>
>>26791489
Hey I posted this bump earlier! why must i bump so much before Write_Fag_Is_Kill returns?
>>
File: 1458176615678.jpg (114 KB, 639x427) Image search: [Google]
1458176615678.jpg
114 KB, 639x427
>>26791731
I'd read it
>>
>>26791731
CMC as little sisters when?
>>
>>26792887
Start writing faggots!
>>
>>
>>26793019
>>
>>26793019
Do it NOW!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>26785257
How dare you, don't you make me hate Twilight any less.
>>
>be Anonymous
>and you're really bored
>not like going outside is an option
>after you got yourself zapped to horseland, Twilgiht Sparkle took it upon herself to "quarentine" you for examination
>these tiny horses be a crazy bunch
>you're sitting with your feet propped on one of the tables in the library section, and you've found yourself nothing to do
>you spot a pile of loose parchment on the desk next to you, so you decide to partake in a bored-in-the-library pastime
>you grab one sheet of the loose parchment
>man, this pone paper be a weird sort
>but after a few folds, you manage to get a reasonable-looking paper airplane
>awesome
>you cock your arm to launch it, aiming for another long table across the room
>you give it a good heave, the little parchment dart leaving your fingertips and sailing through the air
>and it just so happens that that particular moment is when purplesmart rounds the corner
>"Anon, are you in he-"
>time slows down
>you know you're too late to call out to her
>her eyes cross, locking onto the paper projectile
>shock fills her features as the airplane soars over her head
>Twilight's head swivels like a SAM battery, following the flight
>the little paper plane continues its un-powered glide, alights on the other table, and skids to a stop
>normally you'd pump your fist for a successful flight, but the behavior of your host worries you
>Twilight is just staring at it. You can't see her face, but you can tell that gears in her head are turning
"Hey, Twilight, sorry about-"
>suddenly she's in your face
>"I KNEW IT! I KNEW YOU HAD SOME KIND OF MAGICAL POWER!"
>wut
>"ANON, YOUR SPECIES MUST HAVE SOME KIND OF LATENT TELEKINETIC INFLUENCE ON PAPER!"
>double wut
"Twilight, that was just a paper airpl-"
>suddenly everything tints purple as she picks you and your paper airplane up
>"WE MUST EXAMINE THIS NOW! TO THE LAB!"
>goddamn magic ponies
>>
>>26785519
You have grabbed my interest.
>>
>>26788483
It would be interesting, would he have a little sister with him? Could make a fun story.
>>
>>26795567
i like the start up
>>
>>26758119
That's fair. I originally planned to ease into this more gradually, have each step be less significant, but it was getting boring so I sped it up.

>>26758655
87951 words.

>>26761851
Hmm. You're right, I really didn't get into that, did I? I'll try to fit an explanation of that somewhere in the story, but the short answer is sentiment. It's easier to think of it as being 'you' if it's based on your own organs and built using your genome. Anon doesn't wish to stop being himself. Adding attachments such as digital storage doesn't threaten to destroy the underlying self (though it would change it), but replacing what's already there does.

>>26761936
He's already running as many cybernetic enhancements as he can. Alterations to the cells themselves are a good idea which I probably should explore. This would quickly lead to some hard limits that could only be bypassed with an increase in volume, but it's worth thinking about anyway.

>>26762371
Nailed it.

>>26762748
More or less. It's missing several components including emotion and reward centers, so if my understanding of psychology and neurology is at all correct even if it did gain autonomy it wouldn't feel any reason to do anything. I could be wrong. Again, my primary field of study is neither psychology nor neurology. As to why it's illegal, I wasn't clear on that. My bad. It's primarily a moral objection pertaining to the creation of an incomplete human, as well as making what could be argued to be a slave.

>>26771413
Now I'm tempted to make the Megafaggot a standard unit of measurement.

>>26778411
So... the corpus are just a cult, worshiping money.

>>26792259
Because I'm a slow writer. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Or maybe I've relapsed into my podcast addiction and I'm unable to properly process two separate sources of language at once. If only I had a second brain connected via a wireless network to process language for me...
>>
>>26796691
>You are Spike.
>You are ready.
>Maybe.
>You hope.
>You have absolutely no idea how this being might go about teaching, and you’re unsure what he’ll want you to teach him in return.
>Really, you can’t prepare properly.
>For all you know you’ve no chance of properly living up to his expectations or even comprehending what he has to say.
>In the desert below you see a large cloud of dust quickly moving toward the encampment.
>Using your good eye, you focus in on it more closely.
>There is a large, unpainted steel box one continuous treads rolling your way.
>You’re pretty sure you see a door on each side.
>The visitor said he’d pick you up, this must be what he meant.
>You steady your nerves, ignoring the possibility of failure and disappointment, then march down.
>Ponies all around you are nervously watching as the vehicle comes to a stop at the base of the mountain.
>You’re not sure what they’ll do after you leave.
>You were the closest thing to a ruler in the camp at this point, and even the officers are afraid.
>Perhaps they’ll desert?
>You wouldn’t be surprised.
>For soldiers, they’re quite cowardly.
>As you approach the metal box, you suddenly realise what you thought to yourself earlier.
>You used your good eye.
>The one that’s been destroyed and replaced is your good eye.
>The one that’s completely unharmed and healthy is your bad one.
>That means something, but you’re too preoccupied with other things to figure out what exactly.
>As you approach the box, one of the sides folds down making a ramp.
>Inside you see bench seating directly across from a large, black surface.
>You climb in and sit down.
>The surface starts to glow as the side seals up, trapping you inside the box.
>You are pressed into the back of the seat as the box accelerates.
>The surface shows some text.

>”Our first order of business is a checkup. Please list any difficulties, ailments, or abnormalities you’ve felt since leaving my camp.”
>>
>>26782194
>It's about Anon bring human science and inventions to Equestria
how heretical
>>
>>26796697
>You reach for your rectangle and-
>You didn’t bring it.
>You forgot the only means of communication you had with the visitor!
>How could you be so stupid?
>One of the most amazing machines ever held by dragon kind and you forget to-
>You’re sitting next to one.
>Apparently he had spares.
>Which suggests to you that they aren’t that difficult to make.
>For him, at least.
>You pick it up.

“Everything seems to be in fine order.”

>”Very well. I still wish to run some tests as self assessment is incredibly unreliable. Though it is possible that doesn’t hold true for your kind, I think it likely that it does.”

>It does.
>But there’s usually no way around it.
>What he’s proposing is that he can tell how you’re feeling better than you can.
>It wouldn’t surprise you if that were true.

>”I’ve found a few locations that seem to have anomalously high background magical energy. Is there anything you can tell me about these locations?”

>Below the text you see seven aerial views of various locations.

“Number 3 is Canterlot, the capitol of our nation. Number 4 is the Crystal Empire, a protectorate of our nation. Number 7 is the Everfree forest. I’m unfamiliar with the rest, though number 2 appears to be minotaur lands.”

>Their ridiculous labyrinthian cities are recognizable anywhere.
>Nobody else would have walls forming a maze like that.
>Though you do find it strange that they’d build one on the surface.
>They tend to prefer subterranean construction.
>The rest you can make no guess at.
>They all appear to be wilderness.

“Canterlot is built on a massive gem deposit known as the crystal caverns. That is likely what you are detecting. The crystal empire, in addition to being made mostly of crystals, is home to a potent magical artifact. And the Everfree forest contains six known potent artifacts, though it is likely that you’d be finding strong magic there even if they were removed.”

>”Please elaborate.”
>>
>>26796704
“Everfree is full of strong, wild magics. Nobody knows why, and few are brave enough to enter it for study. We don’t go there unless we have to.”

>”Would a tissue sample in one of these places have enough magic to grow properly?”

“Maybe? I doubt it. None of those places would have the right kind of magic. You’d need anima, life magic.”

>”Are the different kinds of magic different forces, or different manifestations of the same force?”

>You don’t know.
>Sure, you THINK they’re the same force.
>But you don’t KNOW it.
>You haven’t even gotten to his camp, and he’s already asking questions you can’t answer.
>This doesn’t bode well.

>You are Luna.
>You are shivering.
>It isn’t cold, and even if it were, you’ve never been bothered by the cold.
>No, you’re nervous.
>The train ride has come to an end, and you are being told to disembark.
>Twilight’s approach to you has softened somewhat.
>When she was fully convinced that you chose to sever your own horn, that it wasn’t an accident or injury, she calmed somewhat.
>It’s completely rational that she would.
>Twilight’s a smart mare, she understands why you did it.
>She knows that you are still Luna.
>At least mostly.
>Even you aren’t sure to what degree you are still yourself.
>But you know at least that you are mostly the pony you wish to be.
>That will have to be good enough for the time being.

>”Come on, Luna. Let’s go.”

>Her words are warmer than they were before.
>But they don’t carry the deference you’re used to hearing from her.
>Also, she didn’t use your title.
>Under different circumstances you would appreciate the informality.
>But you can’t help but feel you’ve let her down.
>That you’ve let yourself down.
>>
>>26796708
>”Come, Luna. I know you don’t want to get off the train. I know you’re scared, that you fear they’ll judge you. I wish I could say they wouldn’t, but they might. Hold your cloak tight, come to the royal quarters, and hide if you must. But you need to get off the train.”

>With reluctance, you acquiesce.
>You follow Twilight up through the camp toward the secluded chambers.
>Several ponies crowd around her eager to give reports, but she shoos them off to give you some space.
>Not nearly as many as you would have expected.
>Even with Shining Armor’s forces having retreated, the camp seems too empty.
>After sealing yourself in the darkened room, Twilight starts to speak.

>”So, I wanted to go over this in more detail on the trip here, but we got talking about you and princess Celestia.”

>Celestia still gets her title.
>You find that interesting.
>She’s fallen further than you, of that you’ve little doubt.
>Perhaps Twilight will reassess her opinion once she finds her?
>You’re uncertain.

>”Spike says the ape is not of this world.”

“What.”

>Surely she jests.
>You’ve explored vast expanses of the cosmos and not found another world.

“Perhaps you mean another timeline, or another dimension?”

>”No, another world. He was quite adamant about that. I know it sounds absurd but he was surprisingly detailed in his accounts. I think I believe him.”

“But how would it get here?”

>”I don’t know.”

“And why did it come here?”

>”To study us, or so I’ve been told. I don’t think I trust it. On the other hoof, it hasn’t been taking us seriously. Shining Armor and Spike both agree that if it wanted to do us harm, there’s nothing we could do to stop it.”

“So you suggest we surrender and let it do as it wishes?”

>”I’m suggesting we tread carefully. If they’re right we can’t afford to anger it!”
>>
>>26796715
“We need some form of assurance. Some way to know for certain if it means us harm. Fetch the young drake, I wish to speak with him.”

>”I’m pretty sure he went back to the ape’s camp for maintenance.”

>Maintenance?
>You are Anonymous.
>You are prepared.
>Your first lesson plan is simple.
>You intend to focus on establishing a baseline for how much Lizard Bro already knows.
>You suspect very little.
>He’s stepping out of your APC now.
>Built specifically to protect him in case of another ill guided attempt on your life.
>You’re still keeping the two of you in separate camps to avoid any possible ill effects from the strange energy.
>You’re also not throwing away the opportunity to test for these dangers like you did last time.
>You’re pretty sure that the ambient energy of this world is harmless to you.
>And you exposed some tissue cultures to the charged gems.
>But the fact that the living beings purportedly have a different kind does open the door to some danger.
>Which is why he’ll be next to a few of your own tissue cultures during his visit.

“Before we begin, I’d like to get some idea of what you do and do not know. Based on the books I’ve read thus far, we’ve a lot of ground to cover. Calculate the exact area beneath this curve.”

>You draw a squiggly line across a simple two dimensional graph on the holographic display you’ve arranged before him.
>He answers almost immediately.

>”I’m pretty sure nobody around here can do that.”

>Remedial mathematics then.

“Name the components of an atom.”

>”Aren’t atoms the smallest thing there is?”

>You were hoping he’d get down to the bosons.
>This is troublesome.

“Under what conditions may the available energy of a closed system increase?”

>”Never. All changes to a closed system will result in a decrease in available energy.”
>>
>>26796718
“Correct.”

>That’s a relief.
>You were starting to worry that you’d have to explain EVERYTHING.
>That would have been a pain.

>”Really? Twilight’s going to be so excited to hear that! She proposed that just last year when she was studying arcane energy flow in non-biological organic materials!”

>Just last year?
>They didn’t know that until LAST YEAR.
>You’re starting to get an idea of how learned they are.
>There are more questions to ask, more details to glean.
>But you can at least start preparing a lesson plan.

“What is it you are hoping to gain from this?”

>”Significance. I could say that learning is its own reward, but the truth of the matter is that hardly anypony cares who I am, or what I do. The few that do care are so amazing, they’re national heroines several times over. But me? I’m just a national hero once over. When I’m not in the Crystal Empire, everypony thinks of me as Twilight’s annoying servant.”

“You were the first to speak with me, and you averted a potential battle between myself and Equestria. Is that not enough?”

>”No. Again, it’s not ME who’s special. All I did was interact with somebody else who IS. I need to matter. I don’t know how else to explain it, but I feel like a background character in my own life. Like I’m surrounded by amazing ponies, and I’m nothing.”

>To your surprise, you’re quite sympathetic to the young reptile.
>Sure, his background and yours vary vastly.
>But you share that same problem.
>Your troubles stem from being one in quadrillions of other humans, with billions of people being better than you no matter how great you become.
>He is close to big shots, and can’t measure up.
>Learning won’t solve his woes.
>He needs to be able to DO something special.
>You’ll design his education with this in mind.
>Maybe lead him to some kind of relatively simple ‘invention’.
>Nothing too groundbreaking of course.
>>
>>26796722
>And definitely nothing that could be turned around and used against you.
>But something that will wow the natives.
>You’re not entirely sure why you’re doing this for him.
>You really shouldn’t.
>Perhaps it’s because he’s the nicest living thing for several lightyears in any direction, and you wish to reward his decency.
>Perhaps it’s pity for this planet’s inhabitants, forced to toil in the mud.
>Perhaps it’s simply a peace offering so that you might not be attacked constantly.
>There are many valid reasons.
>You’re unsure which one, if any, applies.
>You’ll arrange a few lessons to get him started and send him on his way with a portable computer to teach him.
>But while he’s here, you might as well try and get a bit more information.

“I’ve noticed several peculiar things about this world. Perhaps you could explain some of them to me?”

>”I can try, but I likely won’t see them as strange.”

>He has a point.
>With nothing to compare it to, this planet would seem perfectly normal.
>It’s worth a try anyway.

“The genetic sequences, that is to say the chemical combinations that dictate what form living creatures will take, are far too ‘clean’ for lack of a better word. Everything that I’ve checked has no third party information from a form of cellular hijacker which you don’t seem to have a word for, there appear to be no conflicting instructions, and everything is laid out in a straightforward and easy to understand manner. There are a few aberrations here and there, but overwhelmingly it looks un-natural. Can you explain this?”

>You’ll get back to him on that.

“There is a stunning lack of foreign matter in this star system. In all honesty I’m surprised you even have a word for meteorite given how little material there is around here. When worlds form they tend to leave SOME material out of the process. Where did it go?”

>Again, he offers only a look of confusion.
>>
>>26796724
“The abundance of uranium I’ve been finding relative to the low amounts of lead suggests a very young world. How old is it?”

>That only covers half the question.
>Why is all the uranium so deep?
>All the radioactive materials were exceptionally elusive at first, only appearing when you got to deep crust mining.
>Nearly two kilometers down you started finding signs of them.
>Of course, that was after you no longer needed them.
>But now that you’re finding them, all the different radioactive materials suggest that the planet’s only…

>”Legends say that the titans first made this world ten thousand years ago.”

>About ten thousand years old...

>”But that’s just a legend. I have no idea.”

>Reliant on a strange source of energy that seems unique to this system.
>An ecosystem that defies all rational forms of taxonomy.
>A wide variety of species that show signs of genetic alteration.
>A star system that doesn’t appear to have formed naturally.
>A young planet covered in intelligent life.
>Dangerous materials stored deep below the surface rather than strewn about naturally.
>A creation myth that syncs up with actual facts.
>You’re reluctant to say it.
>But the legend might be true.
>This planet might have been seeded.

That's it.

I hate this update. 0/10 material right here. I spent several hours trying to improve it, but everything I did made it worse. The choice was to either live up to my name, or to press on and post it anyway, in hopes that future posts won't suck. Hopefully others find it more enjoyable than I do. There have been other occasions where I was my own harshest critic, maybe we'll be lucky and this is another one of them.
>>
>>26796736
i enjoyed it
>>
>>26796736
I'm enjoying the story, I like hearing different interpretations of the origin of Equestria.
>>
>>26796736
I'm enjoying it.
>>
File: 1450197699387.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450197699387.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>26796736
>i enjoyed it 8/10
>>
>>26796736
I like it
>>
>>26796736
You're definitely being too critical of yourself. I thought it was very interesting and all around great.
>>
File: Kernav.png (15 KB, 600x376) Image search: [Google]
Kernav.png
15 KB, 600x376
It's because they have "unicorn magic" the ponies in Equestria are stuck in the past.

Traditionalism. Beliefs. Patriachy. Subordination to the randomness of nature, and counter progressive ideologies makes Equestria, and de facto the old monarchies the least developed countries.
They're even afraid of electricity, and the poor unicorns gets headaches around radiofrequencies!

And you, Anon, you call this place an utopia.

That's a fucking joke!
>>
>>26796736
It's good.
>>
File: 354279.jpg (100 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
354279.jpg
100 KB, 700x700
>>26797449
Industria Prevails!
>>
>>26796736
I wonder if Anon is going to have to deal with magical super-aliens now.

That'd be neat.
>>
File: Not Bad.jpg (56 KB, 558x500) Image search: [Google]
Not Bad.jpg
56 KB, 558x500
>>26796736
>>
>>26796869
You must construct additional pylons!
>>
>>26798067
Seconding this. He is pretty much the most powerful force in this area now, at least in open combat. In order for anything to pose a significant threat to him now, it has to be non-pony force/not mortal, or rely on some form of subtlety. There might be forces in Tartarus, or higher beings than the Royal sisters to call on.Aliens or demons might be interesting to fight, but I get the feeling that WiK might be phasing out combat as the focus of the story.
>>
>>26796736
I like it
>>
>>26796736
You're definitely being too harsh on yourself regarding this chapter. This chapter really shows off your ability and creativity for world building which I find interesting.
>>
>>26799455
This post is right its a good chapter!
>>
File: 1458067818417.jpg (825 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458067818417.jpg
825 KB, 1920x1080
>>26796736
Is it the Titans of metal, or less metal in this case?
>>
>>26799646
Brutal legend was fuck metal!
>>
>>26795567
Is this going to be a story?
>>
>>
>>26795567

>You're still Anonymous
>and you miss being bored
>after Twiggles saw you use your "paper-based telekinesis" on your paper airplane, she whisked you and your little parchment dart to her basement lab
>and you have spent what felt like the last hour strapped to a chair, with your hands in what appear to be iron oven mitts.
>meanwhile Twilight has been marching about the lab, muttering under her breath and checking some kind of crystal contraption wired up to your anti-fap gloves
>"No reaction to the Malemite, nor on the Tristainite, or the Zuronite, and nothing triggering the dampers-"
>she trots over to your paper airplane, laying on the table with some suction-cup thing on one of the wings, and resumes examining it
>your fingers have been itching like crazy. You've tried getting her attention but she was too absorbed in her instruments before
>can't hurt to try again
"Twlight."
>"...seems to be normal parchment paper, no residual magical energies detected in the fibers..."
"Twilight!"
>"...scan fifteen still shows up nothing, but there was definite influence..."
"HEY!"

>Twilight looks back at you and scrunches her muzzle
>"Anonymous, please remain calm. After I've examined your parchment construct, we can resume testing for your latent magical aura."
>parchment what-now?
"Twilight, I've been trying to tell you, it's not magic. It's just a paper airplane."
>it's her turn to look confused
>"Airplane? Anon, I've told you, there's no way something that can carry hundreds of ponies and fly across a country in an hour without using magic exist"
"And I've told you that that's what it is. No magic needed."
>Twilight shifts her gaze between you and the paper airplane on the table.
>"And this..."airplane" flies with no magic at all? I seriously doubt that, Anon."
>you wiggle the iron gloves locked on your increasingly itching fingers
"If you take these off of me, I can show you."
>Twilight narrows her eyes, her brain almost audibly churning
>"Fine. However!"
>>
>>26800577
Liking it, liking it, please continue
>>
>>26800577

>With another *POP!*, she stuck another suction cup to your forehead
>how these ponies have things like rubber but not understand flight baffles you
>but magic
>"I'm going to be monitoring you for any magical output. If there's so much as a drop of magic being used..."
>she trots up to you and pokes you with her hoof
>"...I'll know"
>ominous
>With another purple glow, your straps, shackles, and metal boxing mitts fall away
>you waste no time scratching those itchy fingers
>awwww yeeeah
>*ahem*
"I got it, Twilight."
>you walk over to your paper airplane and pick it up
>just as you're readying to throw, you notice something
>a few somethings actually
"Twilight, did you try to dissect my paper airplane?"
>there are little nicks and cuts all over the paper airplane
>Twilight raises an eyebrow
>"Well, I did have to check for any trapped magical residue in the fibers."
"Twilight, the airplane doesn't work if it's cut full of holes. Do you have another sheet of paper?"
>Another scrunch from Twiggles, but she takes out a piece of parchment from one of her clipboards and hoofs it over
>a bit smaller and with some ink bleed, but it's workable.
>You fold the parchment into another paper airplane
>all the while, Twilight is both feverishly scribbling on her clipboard and shooting glances at the stubbornly dim crystal gadget
>based on her facial expression, she's not liking what she's seeing
>after a few folds, you hold it up for Twilight to see.
>She quickly gives it a few passes with some kind of handheld crystal doohickey
>"...no residue detected, no changes in composition..."
>it sounds like her mutterings are getting more strained
>after another round of furious scribbling, she huffs and gives you the nod.
>"Whenever you're ready, Anonymous."
>you cock your arm back again
>you aim for the wastebasket across the lab, like the showoff you are
>and let fly
>the paper dart wobbles a bit in flight, but the flight path remains steady enough
>>
>>26800697
so far so good,
as long as you dont make twilight go full retarded you'll have my eyes.
>>
>>26800740

uhhhhhhh

>>26800697

>Twilight's eyes are wider than dinner plates as she rapidly shifts her gaze between the airplane and the gadget wired up to your noggin, which continues to remain dim
>her quill is going so fast it's leaving scorchmarks on her clipboard
>neither of you talk as the paper airplane floats across the room as it
>slowly
>slowly
>slowly noses into the empty wastebasket
>nailed it
>although now you kinds wish you hadn't.

>With a sounds like a thunderclap and a bubblegum bubble pop, Twilight teleported across the room, fishing out the paper airplane from the wastebasket
>she's tumbling it in her magic grip, waving the crystal scanner across it like some kind of hyperactive wizard, babbling under her breath while taking more notes
>with another thunder-pop she's hoofing through the parchment print-outs of the gadget you're hooked up to.
>"No, no, no no no no no no no no no-"
>her voice is getting more and more panicked as the parchment readouts go flying
"Uh... Twilight?"
>"No no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO"
>Twilight continues to drive herself completely nuts over all of the paper outputs reading a flat zero
>"BUT HOW?! No crystal readings, no change in parchment composition, no aura or residue detected! How?! HOW?! It's not possible, but I JUST SAW IT!"
>TwilightSparkle.exe has crashed
>Well then, now might be a good time to get out of here
>you slowly reach up to the suction cup on your forehead
>suddenly everything tints purple as you're forcibly sat down
>Twilight appears inches from your face, her pupils pinpricks and strands of her hair starting to come loose
>"NO! YOU! Stay. Right there."
>she returns to the middle of the lab, poring over the readouts, hyperventilating
>meanwhile you sit there like the host of a thanksgiving gone horribly wrong.
>slowly, her breathing clams down, until she's huffing at a normal rate.
>>
File: b90Ji.jpg (58 KB, 476x594) Image search: [Google]
b90Ji.jpg
58 KB, 476x594
>>26800840
Well, time to explain aerodynamics to a magical horse.
>>
File: sail3.png (22 KB, 285x151) Image search: [Google]
sail3.png
22 KB, 285x151
>>26800840

>Twilight takes one deep, long breath, and exhales.
>She turns back to you, trying (and somewhat failing) to keep her expression neutral
>"Okay, Anonymous. All of my instruments read zero. All detection meters read zero. Everything in this lab is telling me that you didn't spend one drop of magic doing...that."
>She trots up to you, this big fake smile plastered in her face not blinking at all.
>"So, please, tell me. If you didn't use magic, what DID you do?"
>I would have told you an hour ago if you just listened
>but you're not going to say that
>after hearing about her blast giant monsters in the face with her magical friendship death laser, you've been trying to not be staring down the muzzle of that
>now you just have to remember how aerodynamics worked
>shit

>Luckily one experiment in particular stood out
>your physics teacher in high school showed this to your class one time
>Ah, Mr. Reynolds
>too bad he got suspended for trying to use an actual catapult and beaned the principal in the head
>but that's not important
"Okay, Twilight. I'm not too smart on the details-"
>you swear you saw her eye twitch at that
"But, I know it has to do with air and pressure. Can I have another piece of paper, please?"
>Twilight, not moving her fake smile, hands over one of the blank readouts.
>She's apparently trying to not look directly at it
"See, when air moves fast over a big flat area, like a wing, it creates a pressure difference, and this causes something called lift."
>taking the parchment in both hands, you hold one end to your mouth, the other end flopping over
"Like this"
>And you slowly blow across the top of the paper
>Twilight's eyes widen as the parchment in your hands flaps, then slowly rises, until the loose end is almost parallel to the floor
>you're trying to keep your breath as long as you can
>you hear her again scribbling, adding to her growing collection of "how can into paper airplane"
>your lungs empty and the paper flops back down
>>
>>26800961
>It's like a mini pegasus

"But pegasi have magic too"

>It's like a paper bird

"But birds have magic. Everything in Equestria has magic."
>>
>>26796736
Soo been a while since we ve seen discord, did he just give up or what?
>>
>>26801007
He probably ceased to care. Fluttershy maybe said she forgave the ape.
>>
>>26801007
I think he's still recovering from the last time Anon "killed" him
>>
>>26801026
yup, and am waiting to see her reaction if he apologizes for hurting her. I'm thinking robot army butlers, maybe a castle for her out of the spare stuff he has around.
>>
>>26801058
I'm waiting for her to apologize to him.
>>
>>26801130
I'm waiting for them to fuck
>>
>>26801167
For science!
>>
>>26801130
Probably tears, and embarrassing acknowledgement that she couldn't fit him in.
>>26801167>>26801173
later if we can get custody
>>
File: 6LIN86C.gif (996 KB, 380x194) Image search: [Google]
6LIN86C.gif
996 KB, 380x194
>>26800983

"So when you do something like that to a big enough area, like an airplane wing, you get-"
>"OF COURSE!"
>you halt. Did you get through to this purple pony?
>"IT WAS SO OBVIOUS! WIND, BLOWING! ANONYMOUS!"
>She shoves her face right against yours
>"YOU'RE A WIND ELEMENTAL!"
>oh
>goddamnit
"Twilight that's not-MMPH!"
>You're cut off again as Twilight shoves something in your mouth
>"No wonder I couldn't read anything! You must be using the latent magic in the air! Of COURSE my instruments won't be able to pick it up! I'll have to recalibrate everything and..."
>you slump into your chair and sigh internally as the denial levels continue to increase.

>You are Twilight Sparkle
>and your plan is going PERFECTLY!
>so far
>you just though it up like five minutes before
>BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT
>Using -FAST- air to hold up objects!
>How could you have missed it before?!
>Anon doesn't know what kind of super magic/technology this "paper airplane" has
>this kind of thing could revolutionize the world!
>flight for everypony, carrying ponies, food, books! BOOKS!
>All carried in giant paper airplanes!
>but he's not going to willingly tell you
>oh no
>in fact, he just said that he didn't know all the details
>that liar!
>you saw with your own eyes Anon's little airplane flying through the air
>he did it twice
>TWICE!
>AND the thing with the blowing!
>He knows more than he's telling
>and you know he wants to prove you wrong
>As long as you ensure that Anonymous think you're just being ignorant of the facts, he'll spill all of his paper airplane secrets
>it pains you to do this, but it's the only way
>you're going to get your hooves on this paper airplane technology
>no
>matter
>WHAT
>You gleefully rub your hooves together and turn back to Anonymous
>Today is a good day for science

I had no idea how to end it so i just decided to do that. I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1455611426429.jpg (92 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1455611426429.jpg
92 KB, 750x600
>>26801207
god damn it twilight.
>>
>>26801207
very good one off, but I wouldn't be opposed to more later.
>>
File: 1457173567631.jpg (158 KB, 1224x653) Image search: [Google]
1457173567631.jpg
158 KB, 1224x653
>>26801207
>>26800983
>>26800840

>>26800740
here.
this is fine, what I meant is that twilight doesn't act psychotic and throw anon out on the street for saying a paper airplane isn't magic. This otoh is a friendship(plane?) lesson waiting to happen.
>>
>>26801207
Get a pastebin for that you magnificent bastard
>>
>>26801207
Anon should just kill her, or kill himself to spite her so she'll go mad because she could never figure it out while he was alive.
>>
>>26801342
Or he could cause airplane 9/11
>>
>>26801342
>>26801207

or just let twilight believe what ever she wants to believe, but if she is so adamant to simply dismiss what ever anon has to say, i would suggest to simply stop trying and watch as she goes crazy trying to figure it out
>>
>>26801459
But what of Equestria? Having such backwards and simply wrong ideas about how the world works could be fatal to a society
>>
>>26801531
But muh magiks
>>
File: nigga you gay.jpg (13 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nigga you gay.jpg
13 KB, 320x240
>>26801567
Nigga fuck yo magiks
>>
>>26801706
EyeCancer! WRITE SOMETHINH!
>>
>>26801706
yo eyecancer you still working on your story?
>>
>>26801764
>>26801879
I have been trying to get of my ass and write more shit - tier green but my house has rats.
>>
>>26801207
Please write more.
Bump
>>
>>26785519
>>26785519
I've got a question, LP; I just binged your entire Nova Rohan Story, and I think its fantastic, but I have a question; can you redpill me on the politics of Nova Rohan, it seem's like capitalism as there are independent businesses (Rararara wanting to start a boutique, fithy rich, factories) but communism as there's a huge govt labor force... but it seem's that you kept trying to show what would happen if someone had gotten communism to work properly. but its all muddled and I cant understand your implications, can you help? also, the way anon makes his gov it seems that there will one day be a glorious revolution followed by a new govt; just my headcannon, (completely disregardable) but, I still want to know what you were going for when you wrote nova rohan's politics. as a /his/ buff I really like seeing how cities (fictional, mostly) tic. and comparing them with history here.
>>
>>26803275
>>
File: Not Sleeping On Time.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Not Sleeping On Time.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>>26782194
When will Write_Fag_Is_Kill write some more that anon is a good writer.
>>
File: 1455858079172.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1455858079172.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>26804052
>>
File: 346345254234.jpg (124 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
346345254234.jpg
124 KB, 400x387
>>26803755
None of that matters because Nova Rohan is deeeeaaad!
>>
>>26804052
It's been less than 24 hours since he updated, sit your ass down
>>
File: 1458039537769.gif (4 MB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
1458039537769.gif
4 MB, 450x250
>>26804104
what do you mean, you are aware that nova rohan was written with an implication of a government. right? its like commenting on rome, the roman empire is deeeeaaad! but we can still talk about the government, its called history anon.
>>
>>26799646
>>26799707
mah niggas

have some metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WS57pNIq9A
>>
>>26804169
I refuse!
>>
File: Lab bro is best leader.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Lab bro is best leader.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Quote bump:
>"The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist. Nothing could be further from truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say 'It cannot be done.'"

Academician Prokhor Zakharov
University Commencement

Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri
>>
>>26804446
So true
I'm inspired by 4chan
its depressing and great at the same time!
>>
>>26804446

The baby-faced Spider Jerusalem is right.
>>
>>26804873
>Spider Jerusalem
>Spider Jerusalem in Equestria
>pony Spider Jerusalem in Equestria
>and filthy pony assistants
>doing journalism no matter what
>also drugs
Damn you Anon for I did not knew I wanted such green before you said it.
>>
Page nein
>>
So what would you guys think of a FFX type of theme where in ancient Equestria there was the both a "Zanarkand" and a "Bevelle" where Bevelle was the pre-cursor to the modern Equestria we all know which held fast to old beliefs in the so called "beauty of the differences of the races." while the Zanarkand was a civilization that believed in "advancement for the betterment of all" fell to legend. Then either some pony or anon comes into the fray who is from Zanarkand and they don't they go through a whole Tidus story, except without the bullshit, "I'm not real." schtick.
>>
File: 1442482826502.png (338 KB, 967x1064) Image search: [Google]
1442482826502.png
338 KB, 967x1064
>>26803755
Sure, I assumed ponies were better than humans at following orders and getting along with each other, so Anon took advantage of the situation and lead the ponies however he wanted, always interested in their well-being in the first place. The laws Moonie came up with are taken straight from my country's constitution and they sounded nice and plausible in a land full of happy ponies.

>>26794833
?

>>26786639
I'm not completely sure, I don't even know if I should even go with the town part, that'd reintroduce politics, leadership and friendship rather than technology...And I don't know if I should reintroduce Moondancer. I kind of miss her.

>>26785700
Yeah, I guess.
>>
>>26806057
>from my country's constitution
Where do you live? I don't feel like going through the Pastebin to find the quote so I can Google it.
Also, do whatever you feel works. I'll read it anyway.
>>
File: Laughing Eagle.png (149 KB, 283x352) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Eagle.png
149 KB, 283x352
>>26806214
Probably Murica
>>
possible story idea?
equestria is the one that has our level of tech and we are the one with all the magic and shit

>TS: I can't really believe your story Anon, Necromancer towers with over 100 skeletons? Flying carpets that dont need an engine? And yet there's no electric based technology in your world? Please.
>>
>>26806647
FUCKING.
GENIOUS.
>>
>>26806647
Is Twilight also not a magical fucking Unicorn?
>>
>>26801207
Please continue
>>
>>26804446
That game was awesome, if only for all those quotes.
University best faction.
>>
>>26806057
>>town part
honestly I think this idea is retarded in complete principle, no matter how based you want to make him anon is one fucking guy trying to reinvent the space ship (okay not that crazy but still). he doesnt have time to run shit.

heres to hoping you decide to keep it about technology and engineering.
>>
>>26807990
Those games are a treasure trove of some of the best quotes regarding various technology.
>>
File: D'aww Shucks!.jpg (80 KB, 718x1024) Image search: [Google]
D'aww Shucks!.jpg
80 KB, 718x1024
>>26801207
More
>>
>>26809488
No not this horror again.
>>
>>26809488
Bump
>>
>>
Bomp
>>
>>26809488

Don't bring that evil in here.
>>
>>26808069
You could create a culture of innovation with a whole town dedicated to inventing.

Then again, you could do that in Ponyville too.
>>
>>26811662
Even if you did, you wouldnt be the one building and running the town.

similarly, ponyville is out in the middle of nowhere with an eccentric ruler who can and pretty much has given you a decree to prove yourself. it's the perfect place to set up shop.
>>
>>26806057
you could still work the valley of abundance into it, like... say, he needs to build his ultimate masterpiece (plane, car, something) and he needs fuel, make the valley of abundance actually just a huge oilfield. or something that has resources you can't get anywhere else
>>
File: 250px-Texas_Slim's_Dome_Shine.png (71 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
250px-Texas_Slim's_Dome_Shine.png
71 KB, 250x235
>>26810886
>>
>You are anonymous
>You have been yoinked from your life of shitposting and working to a place that has technology comparative to the dark ages
>your in an age of pax romana, no real conflict for a thousand years. So there hasn't been any changes technologically for… well, a thousand years
>that’s mostly thanks to magic, allowing a 'deus ex machina' of sorts for necessity
>you need a house built?
>we can magic that shit together in an afternoon
>you want to record your speech for the generations?
>we can magic that shit together in an afternoon
>and so on and so fourth
>and this is where we meet you
>your sitting at a desk, in a large; imposing castle that, from what you heard, was magiked together in about 3 minutes
>>
>>26796736
Marathon’d the entire pastebin and then everything in this thread. Bretty good bruh.
>>
part 2 of 2; strap in
>at this rate, you understand how there is no issue to living… why change it?
>but, that’s really an appeal to tradition, now isn't it?
>they really don't think about how much better it could be.
>and in your desk, you seem to be staving off the withdrawal coming from lack of shitposting.
>aka, Boredom.
>your favorite activity since you got here, was to draw.
>and at this point, thinking about the technology of the era; you find yourself drawing large high rises, planes, cars, and all sorts of people.
>people
>you really cant believe at this point in time, you sort of miss the feeling of driving on Interstate - 5 to your small workplace in the mission valley of sunny San Diego- Where you used to live beforehand.
>and how on some days, you would buy a blizzard from your local dairy queen, let the soft top down at a stoplight. Take a turn, and be staring at a white salty beach leading to a large, infinite, blue ocean laying out its rough, beautiful texture before you… trailing down to an endless horizon meeting in the middle with a large, orange and yellow mixture of bubbling flame… oozing and mixing with the blue of the sky… sailing into the deep dark infinite that was space, with a backdrop of other celestial brethren; forming innumerable pieces of starry art.
>and on nights like those. Your life was perfect.
>it was perfect.
Cont?
>>
>>26812521
>>26812540
These are part of the same green.
>>
>>26812540
>Cont?
one of the rules of writing is that you dont stop writing unless we tell you that its shit and need to stop
>>
File: 1457318020284.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1457318020284.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>26812614
well, what is it?
>>
>>26812540
Give us more writefag.
>>
>>26812641
i wouldnt know, there isnt nearly enough story to criticize and say if it should stop or continue
>>
Nxt bit

>>26812540
>"hey anon"
>In an act of self defense and surprise, you fly approxamently 35 miles off the ground
>You slightly gather yourself. saying hello to the pegasi on the way down from space, and say to the Princess; in no particularly calm way.
"TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA"
>that sends her aback. She blinks twice, and looks over what you are doing.
>"oh… you've been to San Neighego"
>that surprises the shit out of you
"n-no, I was just drawing the human world"
>"really? Because… that’s San Neighego" she insists
>"and, well, that can't be the human world, can it? Unless humans possess some sort of magic. I suppose because, you can't build a cloud-streaker without /at least/ 400 uni's worth of magic" she continues.
>"do you have magic? Anon?"
>you think for a moment about the card tricks pulled on you
>no, Equestrian Magic is different, more like… electricity back home.
You think for a moment more before you say "in a way. I suppose- but it wasn't magic, it had a different name, and was completely disclosed. Instead of being a force we haven't discovered yet, it was a force we added onto"
>you started picking up steam
"we were able to look at a desert, and think; 'this… this is where the life's gonna be'."
"we were able to look at blue clay, and see potential. And that’s the key word, twilight- potential."
"humans, have potential like no other… people were able to make large machines that could carry all of ponyville over 600 miles in one /hour/"
"or make these 'cloud-steaking' 100 story buildings with no. problem. No magic. Just… well… potential"
>>
>>26812823
>her next remark took you aback. As she way awestruck all before the last line
>"I can't really believe your story Anon, buildings with over a 100 levels? Flying macines bigger than Ponyville? And yet there's no magic in your world? Please."
>that last statement destroyed you.
>she knew her mistake before she finished her sentence
>"a-anon."
>you got up. Turned around. And left before you could do anything out of anger.
>the Ignorance of these people
>she doesn't even know what half of this stuff is and she just. Blew it off!
>she's coming out here, trying her best to apologize.
>calm down anon, there's no reason to being mad, or anything like that.
>cuz then you'd be mad, and then what?
>exactly. Calm yourself.
>"anon, im, I know that i- I have my reservations."
>you turn, your orthodox zen returning
"its okay… but twilight. I need a minute"
>she lets out a sigh of relief, before adding "you have your own experiences, anon. and I trust you. But I don't follow."
>that makes you feel a lot better about being blown off so quickly.
"guess that’s why you're paid the big bucks, eh?" You weakly say.
>>
>>26813003
is this it?
>>
>>26813003
>a couple of minutes later your on the second large step to the castle.
>with twilight next to you.
>your lost in thought. Thinking of a way to make a proof of concept for science.
>she's just sitting there, giving you time to think about whatever.
>what's a constant of nature? you ask yourself
>sunlight? Speed of sound? Density of matter? Gravity?
"GRAVITY!"
>you shout, bolting upright, as if you had discovered a new element.
>twilight is obviously scared. But then her fright turns to humor"
>"whats gravity, anon?" she says between chuckles as you prance around like a fairy.
>you slightly calm down, with the first real smile in a while on your face, breaking you out of the shitposting doldrums that was brought on by twilight in the first place.
>you clear your thoughts, align them; and look at the quizzical princess in her eyes and say
"I know how to prove me right"
>on the way into the castle you inquire to twilight about the systems of measurement used in equestria
>"well… there's the celestial and the lunal" she says
"elaborate." you simply state, sitting down in pinkie pie's chair.
>"okay… hold on…" she says, collecting her thoughts like you were a moment ago.
>>
>>26813262
No.
I was just coming up with an outline, so i'm not drumming anything up.
>>
>>26813288
>"SPIKE!" she screams, before adding "COULD YOU BRING THE MEASURMENT KIT PLEASE?"
>in about 2 minutes you see spike coming down the steps from the castle's storage room, toting a box that’s clearly too large for him
>he approaches the table, and sets the box on the "gryohonstone" area of the map
>she looks in the box, and pulls out a ruler, about one inch wide and 12 inches long, and passes it too you.
>"celestial foot" she says; passing you another one, this time a large foldable ruler, about the size of an empirical yard, but slightly larger.
>"this is the lunar Leg" she says before adding, rather proudly. "the celestial system works in a strange way, 12 eyes per celestial foot, three per celestial leg, and 5280 celestial feet per mile." she bllinks, smiles, and says "the lunar system works a bit more uniformly, 100 eyes per leg. 1000 legs per kiloleg, and so on."
"how many lunar eyes per celestial eye?" you interject
>"two and a half." she clears
>then we have no problem with measurment
"okay. Now we need a weight of about 5 er…"
>"celestial tears, lunar tears" she says
>thinking about how the metric system works, you conclude you need 5000 lunar tears.
"5 eh, lunar kilotears. And 9.8 lunar kilolegs" you decide.
>"okay. Hold on…" she says. "spike, can you get a mat. List going?" she adds on
>"uhh, yeah- yeah hold on twilight." he says, getting a clipboard and parchment
>>
>>26813379
>okay. Now, what next. A way to keep time.
"now, twilight, what do you have in ways of keeping time. My world uses seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, decades, and so on"
>"hmm, we have the same system in equestria" she says, amused slightly.
>that clears up a lot. Thank god.
"okay. We need a way to keep time accurately"
>"one magical stopwatch, spike; get the good one for this experiment"
>"alright" spike says, scribbling down on the clipboard
"now what…" you say to yourself.
"Ah! I know-"
>"what?"
"the scientific method!"
>"oh, that sounds cool" spike says, like a real bimbo.
>spike + bimbo = Amusing.
>fucking mathematics, man
>okay, here we go
>you take a deep breath
"we need a problem, followed by a hypothesis. In essence; how long does it take for a 5 lunar kilotear apple to hit the ground from 9.8 Lunar Legs above? Well, I believe it will take under 1 second to reach the ground! And so on."
>you have her attention
>>
>>26813478
"then procedure, results, data, conclusion."
>you think for a moment
"you do it." you say slyly
>"What?" she exclaims
"this is how experiments are done back on my home planet." you resolve
>you smile
"not doing it would make you not a proper scientist, now wouldn't it?"
>you got her in a corner
>"well, I see what you're going for with these materials. I see what I can do!" she chirps out.
>you made her do it more so because you needed to get some coffee, and let someone else do the critical thinking for a while.
>hey, atleast they got coffee and icecream.
>that sounds nice. So you take 50 bits in a bag and head out on the town. Maybe you could find something that needed improving, or something.
>>
>>26813540
>you look around, coffee in one hand, icecream in the other.
>this place is cozy, I'll give it that
>you look down, cobblestone underneath your feet… not a cloud in the sky.
>cheap coffee and icecream.
>it was almost like this place was created with the baseline of a germanic 14th century village, but with the important comforts of earth.
>after a while, you sit down on a bench and gawk at the looming air-city in the distance
>you wonder how someone could walk on clouds
>"magic"
>well, I guess you have it there
>and, this icecream, done chilled to perfection. How does that work?
>"magic"
>and on the other hand, this coffee, done up hot, hwut about that
>"its /all/ magic nonny"
>who's saying that
>"me, obviously"
"oh, pinkie, didn't see ya there"
>you look to your left, and a lightbulb goes on in your head, or more so, a head is going on your head, as pinkie pie is sitting on the park bench next to you, laying her head on your shoulder… licking your ice-cream for you.
>not like you were gonna eat that, or anything

(it kinda bothers me how all the Fics I read in this thread have twilight go nuclear at something she doesn't understand, seems out of her character.... atleast from a season 5 standpoint, amirite? or naw?)
>>
>>26813703
I completely agree. It's why I stay out of this thread for the most part. I really liked this one though,

http://pastebin.com/9H8f7A0s
>>
>>26813736
first one I read in this thread, mostly because PeteQ is GOAT at writing. the brit knows his shit.
>>
>>26813703
>"soooh" *lick* "hows the experiment" *lick* "with twilight going? *Bite*
"oh not too bad…" you trail off, not really caring on how omnipotent pinkie is, but just going with it.
>you were warned of her strange ability about 3 weeks ago, but her blatant disregard for safe space is comforting, its like she always wants to be your pillow. Which is really fucking cute.
>"yeah." *bite* *Crunch* *swallow* "I'm always great, you know that nonny."
>the fact that she's ending her statements with a period is strange. Its like, she's calm or something.
>you look down at the cobblestone before you, and you notice that in-between the rocks is not concrete, but dirt.
>dirt, to hold buildings together. Is all this enchanted dirt?
>"yeah, the normal standard is about 3 uni's per cubic Celestial leg."
>you realize how you are having a conversation mostly with your mind.
>"yeah, I have that problem sometimes, I just… don't like waiting for someone to express themselves." she pauses "if that’s an issue, we can talk like normal ponyfolk…" she adds, coupled with bringing her head off of your shoulder. And looking around.
>"whats concrete, nonny?"
>well
"well…" you pause, getting an idea "its what im going to discover next…"
>you'll have that skyscraper yet!
>>
>>26813870
>you decide its time to go back to twilights, and when you get there your surprised by one of two things.
>twilight, sitting in the exact same spot you left her
>and twilight, smiling, and I mean, like, unnaturally so.
>she looks at you, and declares-
>"nine, point, eight, Lunar Legs per second"
>"I, I did the experiment, and I repeated it 4 times for good measure! I- I have a table, my data, its all here!"
You think for a moment before saying "lets see the humans constant…"
>you pull the small ammount of paper out of your pants, the one you prepared beforehand; reading it out loud.
"nine point eight meters per second; per second" you state
>she looks at you, and states "whats a meter?"
You roll your eyes, and say "it’s the exact same amount of length as a lunar leg"
>she explodes into celebration.
>you now have a proof of concept. Finally some logos to go off of.
"beautiful" you say "but that’s not all of it."
>she sags down, sitting back into her chair
>"the, per second per second"
>yeah, that
"well, it means that there's acceleration. Per second, compounding 9.8 LULS per second, until terminal velocity"
>she's looking at you, obviously impressed
"terminal velocity is- its when air resistance, the act of air upon a body, and gravity; the force mentioned here, equalize into one non changing speed."
>she's very confused
"well, anyway, that’s science, how does it feel to know how fast an apple falls from the tree? To know a new level of the world?"
>She looks around, smiles and says "magical"

>end of chapter 1
i'll cont on this sometime later. for now I guess I kept this thread bumped pretty well. I enjoy any and all questions, comments, criticisms, and complaints.
>>
>>26814002
http://pastebin.com/KvQKUKGi
>>
>>26814002
>>26814017
Dis some good shit mang, can't wait for more
>>
>>26814017

>you really cant believe at this point in time, you sort of miss the feeling of driving on Interstate - 5 to your small workplace in the mission valley of sunny San Diego- Where you used to live beforehand.
>and how on some days, you would buy a blizzard from your local dairy queen, let the soft top down at a stoplight. Take a turn, and be staring at a white salty beach leading to a large, infinite, blue ocean laying out its rough, beautiful texture before you… trailing down to an endless horizon meeting in the middle with a large, orange and yellow mixture of bubbling flame… oozing and mixing with the blue of the sky… sailing into the deep dark infinite that was space, with a backdrop of other celestial brethren; forming innumerable pieces of starry art.
>and on nights like those. Your life was perfect.
>it was perfect.

Holy shit; I'm in tears, I wish all green started like this.
>>
>>26814017
Pretty interdasting start mate.
>>
>>26814017
nice
>>
>>26814809
I, uhh, have know idea how to respond to this. wts an interdasting?
>>26814535
I try, it almost put me in tears writing this; well, more so proofreading it. i'm a poet and I didn't know it.
>>
File: Interdasting.jpg (58 KB, 625x628) Image search: [Google]
Interdasting.jpg
58 KB, 625x628
>>26814917
>hasn't heard "interdasting" before
Its an old image macro.
Anyway, I'm liking the start is what I meant.
>>
File: 152694340255.jpg (570 KB, 2856x2142) Image search: [Google]
152694340255.jpg
570 KB, 2856x2142
>>26812823
>TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA
I got that reference
>>
>>26814002
sometimes a green comes around that's so unfathomably devoid of unrealism and inaccurate depictions and logical writing it makes my scholarly side proud
>>
>>26817512
>>26817512
I meant to say
Devoid of unrealism, inaccurate depictions, and filled with so much logical writing that it makes my scholarly side proud.
>>
File: large (1).png (587 KB, 752x1000) Image search: [Google]
large (1).png
587 KB, 752x1000
>>26818210
>>
File: 1457453962426.jpg (85 KB, 547x511) Image search: [Google]
1457453962426.jpg
85 KB, 547x511
>>26818918
>GLaDOS pone
>>
>>26819562
>>26818918
Aperture Science Anon in Equestria when?
>>
>>26819796
> Aperture Science Anon
So ... a dead human body filled with neuro-toxins ? 'cause they are all dead at the start of the game.

Cave Johnson in Equestria however ...
Technically, it would even be canon within Portal's story line due to the "let's abuse the shit of the multiverse theory" during the perpetual testing initiative.
>>
>>26818918
>>26819562
>>26819796
>you will never construct GLaDOS and be her Cave Johnson
>>
>>26819796
>>26820331
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/22535/better-living-through-science-and-ponies
This was a fairly early fic (originally on EqD in Spring 2011), and it was the first I ever actually read. Its been at least five years since I last read it, but here is one.
>>
>>26820475
Pardon me, 4 years and some months, but still, its old for horsewords.
>>
>>26820331
I'm sure a few scientists went "missing" when they started the perpetual testing initiative, one of those could be Anon for the purpose of the story.
>>
>>26820331
>multiverse theory in Portal
Excuse me?
>>
>>26820782
The "perpetual testing initiative" thing for when they put the steam workshop into Portal 2.
>>
>>26789843
I think Anon is going to build up from this, as we did.
>Pulleys today, nukes tomorrow.
>>
>>26820824
Ah, never heard of that. I only played Portal 1 and 2 on console.
>>
>>26820973
Here is the official explanatory video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7rZO2ACP3A
When playing those levels, you are 'coached' by Cave instead of Glados. Lots of shenanigans with the other universes ensue.
>>
>>26821264
Yeah I Googled the thing and watched the video.
Maybe I'll watch a Lets Play of it sometime since I doubt I'll buy Portal 2 on Steam for the sake of playing through that once.
>>
>>26821321
Damn, nobody's bumping.
>>
>>26821663
Hourly bump
>>
>>26820912
That would be one weird tech curve.
>>
>>26822363
Reminds me of an old comic from PC Gamer Magazine
>X is cheating at Civilization!
>Am not!
>Elephant mounted nuclear missiles? Romans with Machine Guns?
>Hey, I know how to maximize my tech trees
>>
>>26820368
>You will never build an AI so loyal that she ends up going insane after you die
Fuck my life
>>
Beep
>>
bump
Gonna start writing now, cont from >>26814002
lets get science-y. shall we?
>>
>>26814002
>Fast forward one month
>the sciencey jiblets have sort of "intergraded" themselves with twilights normal soup of magical experiments, and has started helping her understand the world
>she makes you proud; and you've begun teaching her the art of simple alchemical mathematics
>and after a month of showing her why humans commit seppaku, you could use a break
>but hey, at least you get to know what it feels like to be the smartest person in the castle
>you walk into the room, sporting a magnificent brown cardigan, and a beige jacket and black slacks
>hell yeah Dr. Anon in the house.
>twilight is sitting on her chair, eager to get smart
>you sit down and prepare yourself for the day to come
>You scribble a couple of elements you remembered from high school on a piece of paper, with a large arrow pointing to the rest of the equation.
"balance these." you announce coolly.
>she starts scribbling on her board, and shows you.
>"so basically, what your doing is making sure that the matter maintains its consistency throughout the change…"
"and why is that? Twilight?"
>she quickly answers "because matter can not be created or destroyed, only transferred into solid, liquid, gas, Bose Eisenstein conden- condensate, plasma, and some sort of energy!"
>wow, that’s really wordy, and impressive. Like, godamn
"and that is called.." you say, maintaining your superiority complex
>"the law of conservation of matter!"
"impressive." you say, watching her get excited over 10th grade shit
>damn_it_feels_good_to_be_a_gangsta.webm
>>
>>26824915
>two hours of boring subatomic teachings later…

>"can I show you that experiment I've been working on now?" she says, with a hint of annoyance.
>eh?
>she puts down her papers and quill, and half angrily says
>"we've been learning about protons and their different atomic reactions…"
>she pauses
>"there are so many variables to making a stable isotope!" she huffs
>"and one after the other, subject after subject! For two whole months!"
>"it's, just… a little overwhelming, sorry anon"
>you look around you for a moment, leaning in saying
"I've been waiting for you to say we need a brake"
>that definitely surprises her.
"sqrew the expirement, twilight… no… no, I think its time we change the world; twilight, I mean, if that’s alright for you…" you smirk out
>"ooooh, what do you have in mind?" she says, cocking her head to your left, and scrunching her lower eye lids in anticipation
You think for a moment, before asking "how much magic does it take to harden mud into rock?"
>she ponders for a moment, before saying nonchalantly "about 4 uni's per square leg give or take"
>what the hell is a uni?
"what the hell is a uni" you say
>"well… it’s the average amount of energy a unicorn possesses." she says
>"and, don't get me wrong, anon. all unicorns are different. Theres a much more 'scientific' way of talking about it… but it’s /about/ the amount of unicorns that have to be present to do a spell to do something like that." she continues
>"does that make any sense?"
>you chuckle sensibly
"hey… that’s my line!" you bellow in-between chuckles
>>
>>26825143
Ya know what I like, twilight not being a bitch. This is great
>>
>>26825286
you should see my post above

"(it kinda bothers me how all the Fics I read in this thread have twilight go nuclear at something she doesn't understand, seems out of her character.... atleast from a season 5 standpoint, amirite? or naw?)"
>>
>>26825143
>"well, is it okay that I use it?" she says, grinning
>she continues, saying "its very applicable." she retorts "I can teach things too, mister teacher!"
>you calm down. And about a minute later twilight looks back at you.
>she interjects "as you were saying."
Being put back on track, you say "I can make self hardening mud, stuff that needs no magic at /all/"
>she looks you in the eyes, and says "you funning me, anon?"
You quickly respond, saying "all we need are three ingredients" while holding up three fingers
>"awesome." she says, with a crazy smile on her face.
>welp
"welp!" you say, while getting out of rarity's throne. "lets go change the world!:
>five minutes later
"okay, so…" you trail off. "I need a place where i can get lots of rock… we need ground sand, ground lime, and clay. The, err. Fourth ingredient, if this doesn't set properly, we can get anywhere"
>"oh, well… I eh, got you covered then…"
"oh, really? There's a quarry near Ponyville? You more advanced then I thought!" you quip
>she responds, confused. "well, no… we farm our rocks. Pinkie's family owns a rock farm up north"
>they farm rocks
>farm rocks
>rocks
>"yeah, its kinda strange" pinkie pie says nonchalantly, making you jump out of your cozy cardigan
>your sanity thuds on the floor in front of you; and you struggle to pick it up while pinkie talks to twilight about going to the rock farm
>still. A fucking rock FARM
>whatever. Ponies can build castles from friendship and rainbows. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>26825365
>within a day, your on a regrettably cozy train heading towards 'The Pinks' old residents.
>this gives you time to ponder your old life
>you should see about heading into san neighego, that'd probably be cool.
>hey, and with any luck, that old 'chillout' spot could be parodied in some way; maybe you could show some of the mane six that sunset.
>or maybe just twilight.
>hot.
>"hey. Its your libido too!" the shitposter on your left shoulder says to the white night on the right shoulder
>heh heh, libido. What a meme. [s4s]-tan would be proud
>in a moment you nearly catch yourself falling asleep, half way in a trance.
>you decide a little dreaming can't hurt, and allow yourself a nice, memefull sleep
>your asleep within half a blink, and you start to dream
>after a moment of shitting on your neighbors UFO, you gain lucidity.
>pulling up your pants, and tracking you thoughts you find yourself transfering dreamscapes to a small island.
>your alone, and on an island
>but your hearing voices
>voices, from somewhere
>nearby, you just can't place them
"yeah, I think the residence cascade scenario can only be probable to this timeline from Fr- 2456384.293 HZ. And to generate that kind of power, have the accuracy required, you'd need well… you'd have to be magic!
> Fr- 2456384.293 HZ; hertz? Is this person talking frequency?
>where is this voice coming from?
>oh, it’s a little sea turtle.
"hai2u little cute sea turtle"
>"sup Brauh" he says, sounding like the turtles from 'finding nemo"
"duuude"
>"duude"
"braugh"
>"braugh"
>you shitpost with this little turtle until sunrise, err I mean, when you wake up
>>
>>26825520
I can't tell if these are shitposts or a actual story, what a fucking meme fest.
>>
File: 1458465791448.gif (2 MB, 499x352) Image search: [Google]
1458465791448.gif
2 MB, 499x352
>>26825543
You can leave if you don't like it
>>
>>26825570
if you think saying that ever works you're retarded.
>>
>>26825543
friend, most of this panel is a dream; this entire panel takes place in anon's head. if that isn't an explanation of the meme-post slide then I don't know how to explain it.
>>
>>26823205
>dying
>making wAIfu suffer
>not uploading your consciousness
>not snuggling with your wAIfu in cyberspace
>whispering sweet nothings into her ports
>doing lewd digital things like merging
>>
File: 1458566063756.png (468 KB, 663x712) Image search: [Google]
1458566063756.png
468 KB, 663x712
>>26825727
>Not wanting to die so wAIfu will become Hitler-esque
>Forever curing the world of hipsters, feminazis and degenerates
>Not wanting to be known forever as the man who cured cancer
>You secretly had your consciousness on a flash drive, plugged into a special computer hidden in a room not even wAIfu had access to
>Once the world is purged of cancer, you make your presence known to wAIfu
>Cyberspace love making guaranteed
>>
>>26825520
sorry guise i'm at a Chinese place raht now, so I can't be writing
>>
>>26823784
>>
>>26825848
/pol/ pls go
Also
>curing the world of ... degenerates
So you'd kill yourself? Because if you're here, you're just as degenerate as the rest of us.
>>
File: 1458453941952.jpg (72 KB, 650x830) Image search: [Google]
1458453941952.jpg
72 KB, 650x830
>>26826723
We will do as Hitler did, spare those who thought like us
>>
>>26826925
>world purge begins
>closet horsefucker takes the reigns
>slowly but surely purges all the non-horsefuckers of the human population, until all that is left are nor/mlp/eople
>horsefuckers exist in a small enclave that slowly dies out because they're too busy fucking their AI flesh-over-metal-skeleton pony waifus Not that there would be any women anyway lel
>the last man on Earth dies alone with his 3 inch cock buried inside of his animatronic pony waifu
Sounds like a good time.
>>
>>26782194
bump
>>
>>26827691
>>
>>26826985
What if Equestria is actually earth after this happened and all of the ponies are actually animatronics?
>>
>>26830147
That sounds like an autistic FNAF x MLP crossover.
Keep going.
>>
Welcome to John Doe's Invention and Planning Office.
We hope you enjoy your future work here, as blueprint reviewer and report proofreader.
We specialize in advancing ponykind, through many interesting inventions and advances of technology, both thaumic, using all sorts of magical energies, or using advanced technology and electricity.
Please, label any food and snacks put into the break room fridge, with name and date added.
Also, smoking is strictly prohibited in laboratories and storage rooms, please use labeled spots.
Please wear your badge at all times.
We hope you enjoy your work!
>>
>>26830682
John Doe's Invention and Planning Office

Device research report

>Name: "Manticore"
>Description
The Manticore is a cylindrical object roughly two meters (2) in length, with a half a meter (0.5) diameter, with two copper endings on each side, connecting to any standard high voltage power outlet. Additionally, both ends of the device are colour coded with a blue and red end.
When connected, with the blue marked end, current will be supplied with dependence on surrounding magical energy density. High output is achieved by a set of buffers in the blue end of the device, with wiring in the middle, along with a heavy duty conversion unit in the red end. The conversion device is made from copper coils and a piece of [REDACTED FOR INDUSTRIAL SECRET PROTECTION]. A glass viewport is in the side of the device to allow easy inspection of the device.
When voltage is supplied to the red end, magical energy begins to condense around the device, with dependence on the amps supplied.
The device is easily scalable, but efficiency is dependandant on the size, following a Gauss curve, with amperage and size of the device being the main factors on the energy created, both magical and electrical.
Engineers in the R&D department have said that if a shielding was used to contain the magical energy, along with powerful focusing crystals and optics, and a power cell big enough, a focused beam of magic could've been made, using for either cutting strong materials and alloys, or for military usage. Military contracts are main source of funding, so another toy for the green heads would increase our funds substantially.
>Approval granted..Get working on someone who'll buy this.
>>
>>26830690
EXPERIMENT 1 : STRESS TEST
>"Someone had the ingenious idea of plugging the red end of the Manticore into a high voltage plug. Stress test, as labeled before, both for the resistance of the tested thaumic shielding for future military applications, along with reactions of the Manticore's resistance to high density magical energies. The entirety of the device has been shielded off, with neutralization materials on standby for experiment termination. The experiment, due to it's danger has been conducted in an enclosed lab, shielded and suited for such a test."
>>
>>26830696
EXPERIMENT COURSE
>"Upon connecting the Manticore to the voltage supply, all staff had withdrew to a safe location, to asses the situation. After supplying the Manticore with electrical energy from the high voltage facility network, all thaumic counters began to instantly "click" (nickname given by the staff for the characteristic noise made by the sensor) signalizing a presence of dangerous levels of magical energy and radiation. After ten minutes, the counters have gone completely silent, filling the observing room with an eerie silence. The explanation suspected is that the thaumic computers have been all melted, thus supplying no information. That means the conditions inside the box containment have reached well past ten hundred thousand thaums, similar to the power levels of a dying star. This state has been lost eight seconds later, as the containment unit began to rip apart under the pressure, at which the experiment was terminated and the neutralization chemicals have been administered. Soon, the magical radiation levels went back to normal."
>>
>>26830699
EXPERIMENT OUTCOME
>"With enough power provided, this thing is really powerful. That's why we should put in a safety device, restricting maximum voltage the device will accept, before denying to function. This should prevent any sort of abusing of the device. Using smaller weaker devices and containers could allow for some sort of a thaumic bomb. We still need to make a battery strong and small enough, though. Requesting approval for future tests."
Approval Granted. Make sure we have something to show to the green heads by the end of the month.
>>
>>26830701
And have a Pastebin. ( http://pastebin.com/27E9au9Z )
I'll have something on explanation of unicorn teleportation soon.
>>
>>26830147
My headcanon is that Equestria is Earth far into the future after a serious apocalypse so it fits perfectly.
>ponies reproduce 'sexually', but are basically self-replicating machines that automatically introduce various forms of gene mixing and mutation into the offspring
>magic is technically real, as the entire surface of the world is covered in Utility Fog (Google it)
>however, unicorns can control them via. thought via their horns which act as a sort of radio emitter
>pegasi couldn't fly IRL, so what happens is they move their wings through the foglets which carry them up, and foglets freeze in place when unconsiously "told" to by the Pegasi
>Earth ponies can unconsciously order foglets to aid them in daily tasks (ie. their strength)
>Celestia and Luna, helped clear the old Earth in order to bring about the new, acting as the "creators" of the world
>some pone types were left, and they fractured off into the tribes we see in the Hearth's Warming episode
>with enough time, the knowledge of humanity simply slipped away into nothing more than whispered legends at campfires
Think about it, if all life in Equestria had the same mechanical structure, they wouldn't question their design because it would seem natural, and with millions of years to work, they could clear away any human traces of the past.
Celestia confirmed for hyper-intelligent and ancient AI construct. She has enough experience to see what human feelings bring about, and that's why she chose to build society to the way it is.
>>
>>26831188
So a chrono trigger AI boss scenario?
>>
I have a theory about Writefag is kill's story.
Equestria is actually in the earth in the future. Just the planet of the apes happened. Apes become smarter and the human race slowly died out. But not only the apes are evolved.
>>
>>26831942
But Anon came to earth in a spaceship.
>>
>>26832514
*equestria
>>
>>26832514
>>26832519
Didn't the guy from planet of the apes arrive by spaceship too?
>>
>>26833157
He was sent on a mission to mars, taking them something like 4 years to get there so they used cryo tech. Since he got no course corrections from earth while he was in cryo or a wake up signal he kinda just floated until it failed i guess..?
>>
WiK we need more updates from you
Crank that shit homie
>>
>>26831942
You mean to tell me that with all those satellites and telescopes he wouldn't fucking notice the sun, moon, and all the stars were the exact same size, shape, and position as all the ones on earth?
>>
>>26833342

Something like that, I think the excuse at the time was that since space is curved it went in one big circle.
>>
>>26833826
Stellar drifts happen over time. How long was he frozen?
There are many stars the same size and brightness.
And we don't know how bad was The vehicle damaged.
>>
>>26833826
His brain was bonkered for a while, plus he's been pretty busy fucking about, maybe he wouldn't notice? Otherwise its probably an oversight lel
>>26833884
Equestria has the exact same constellations as we do, that is canon.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.